02/18/07 04:51 PM
02/18/07 04:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there any pattern in males having it more or less frequently than females? Could be a sex-linked trait.

Or about a billion other possible weird genetic phenomenons wink

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ] #220462
02/18/07 07:03 PM
02/18/07 07:03 PM
Quincy, IL 62305
Lynsie Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Lynsie  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Quincy, IL 62305
LOOKY!!!

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: Lynsie] #220463
02/18/07 07:06 PM
02/18/07 07:06 PM
Parsons, Kansas
dranger1108 Offline
Glider Addict
dranger1108  Offline
Glider Addict

Parsons, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Lynsie
LOOKY!!!

Awwwww... what a cutie!!

:grey: Michelle's Sugar Glider Babies & Toys :wfb:
USDA licensed breeder
http://www.freewebs.com/michellesugarbabytoys/index.htm
Neat glider themed products!
:glider: http://www.zazzle.com/dranger1108/products :glider:
Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: dranger1108] #220464
02/18/07 07:10 PM
02/18/07 07:10 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Lynsie -- so much for letting her settle in before you handled her!

Of course, she doesn't seem to be minding much AT ALL. What a sweetie! Look at that little face! Darn!

Nice huge white tip, too - but that's just icing. That little face is too precious!

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ValkyrieMome] #220466
02/18/07 07:14 PM
02/18/07 07:14 PM
Quincy, IL 62305
Lynsie Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Lynsie  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Quincy, IL 62305
Well she got to settle in last night and part of today. It's going to take a lot of work to calm her down, so I got her out today for a few min and just sat with her. She is doing good and I think within a few weeks she will be a sweethear (hopefully)

Thanks!!

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: Lynsie] #220540
02/18/07 09:58 PM
02/18/07 09:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations Lynsie!!!! jump jump I'm so happy for you!!!! jump jump I had no idea you were getting her this soon. What a huge white tip too! I'm sure you'll be able to tame her down in no time!

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: BeckiT] #226606
03/01/07 03:42 AM
03/01/07 03:42 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well i have a rescue pair with a wt male and standard grey female when i got them they had one joey ip it was a standard grey they just had a set of babies and they had a standard male and wt girl

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ] #226647
03/01/07 09:46 AM
03/01/07 09:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:
well i have a rescue pair with a wt male and standard grey female when i got them they had one joey ip it was a standard grey they just had a set of babies and they had a standard male and wt girl

tawnie1, Can I ask why you are allowing rescues to breed?

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ] #226648
03/01/07 09:57 AM
03/01/07 09:57 AM
Kansas
queenduck Offline
Serious Glideritis
queenduck  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kansas
Well, if the gliders came as a pair, and you know they are not related, I wonder what the problems is in letting them breed? Is there. Esp. if she is keeping the joeys herself.

I can understand when you get a pair and have no clue their background, but so many 'rescues' are re-homes and you do know thier history, family, background etc.

I think it's personal choice.

Alicia aka Queenduck, Bentley's Nana

We need role models who are going to break the mold ~ Carly Simon
Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: queenduck] #226810
03/01/07 03:49 PM
03/01/07 03:49 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
I agree with you, Alicia. When I got Pika & Cricky, they were a breeding pair with a joey in pouch (my Bittah). I did allow them to stay together and breed again (my Coobah), after that, they stopped breeding on their own. If you KNOW they are not related, then I don't see the issue with breeding them, especially if they come as an already breeding pair... UNLESS you KNOW they have serious health issues...

Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: sugarglidersuz] #226815
03/01/07 04:03 PM
03/01/07 04:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

angie h i call them rescues because the reason i got them was a lady who had eight pairs and was moving and not allowed any animals i took two pairs they already had bred when i got them they had a baby ip and i found a home for that one and they just had another set i dont see anything wrong with that

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ] #226816
03/01/07 04:07 PM
03/01/07 04:07 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and i used to work with the lady who had them before when i worked for a pet store down here that is where she originally got the gliders from was the petstore the petstore got them from custom cage works that is there history they are not related and all joeys have been very healthy sweet and the one loves his new home a twelve year old girl and her mother adopted him as their baby

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: queenduck] #226939
03/01/07 09:19 PM
03/01/07 09:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Alicia-

I just read this thread and I wanted to say Congrats on the Zandy's joeys IP. Let me know what she ends up having as I am really curious!

smile

Chukha mated with Winda this time and they produced a WFB girl and a gray girl. Neither joey has a white tip, but they possibly carry the gene because of Chukha.

Genetics is fun! And my gliders like to make it more interesting for me by swapping mates! shakehead

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ] #229859
03/07/07 06:56 AM
03/07/07 06:56 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i still havent had a answer to my ? i hope i didn't offend anyone i tend to come across mad in typing when i was just curious i tried to pm angieh but your pm box was full so just wonderin would really like to know thanks

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ] #230711
03/08/07 02:33 PM
03/08/07 02:33 PM
Quincy, IL 62305
Lynsie Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Lynsie  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Quincy, IL 62305
Tawnie, I read through your posts and can't figure out what your question is.

I finally have Caspian(wf/wt) home, YAY!! His white tip has dwendled to only a few hairs, but I still love the little crabbybutt.

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: Lynsie] #230716
03/08/07 02:41 PM
03/08/07 02:41 PM
Kansas
queenduck Offline
Serious Glideritis
queenduck  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kansas
I can't figure out your question eithor. If you got a wt girl out of them, that's great, congrats.

And glad your crabby butt made it to you Lynsie, lol, you deserve a crabby butt :)lol

Alicia aka Queenduck, Bentley's Nana

We need role models who are going to break the mold ~ Carly Simon
Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ] #230755
03/08/07 03:37 PM
03/08/07 03:37 PM
Tampa, FL
Xglider Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Xglider  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Tampa, FL
I think it is about this..
Originally Posted By: tawnie1
angie h i call them rescues because the reason i got them was a lady who had eight pairs and was moving and not allowed any animals i took two pairs they already had bred when i got them they had a baby ip and i found a home for that one and they just had another set i dont see anything wrong with that

Originally Posted By: tawnie1
and i used to work with the lady who had them before when i worked for a pet store down here that is where she originally got the gliders from was the petstore the petstore got them from custom cage works that is there history they are not related and all joeys have been very healthy sweet and the one loves his new home a twelve year old girl and her mother adopted him as their baby

* ~ * John * ~ * Sorry store is closed at this time.. <br>
Link -> [b]~~ XtremeGlider ~~ Home of the original Re~set Toys! ~~[/b] <br>
Oct 2012 update.. miss my gliders and my
glider family and think of my friends often!!!
Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: Xglider] #230757
03/08/07 03:38 PM
03/08/07 03:38 PM
Tampa, FL
Xglider Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Xglider  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Tampa, FL
related to Angie asking about breeding 'rescues'

* ~ * John * ~ * Sorry store is closed at this time.. <br>
Link -> [b]~~ XtremeGlider ~~ Home of the original Re~set Toys! ~~[/b] <br>
Oct 2012 update.. miss my gliders and my
glider family and think of my friends often!!!
Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: Xglider] #230800
03/08/07 04:50 PM
03/08/07 04:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ALL RESCUES need to be fixed so NO more babies.and for more then 1 reason but thats just my opion.

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ] #230814
03/08/07 05:09 PM
03/08/07 05:09 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Congrats to everyone here on their new babies smile

Tawnie, I don't see that you came off mad anywhere. You seem like a very sweet person. You don't have to defend yourself. Congrats on your WT baby too!

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: SugarBlossoms] #230830
03/08/07 05:38 PM
03/08/07 05:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my ? was about the breeding of the "rescued" pair of wt gliders and if i was doing something wrong?

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ] #230831
03/08/07 05:39 PM
03/08/07 05:39 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lynsie i bet your so excited i want to see some pictures

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ] #230832
03/08/07 05:40 PM
03/08/07 05:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sugar blossoms thank you im just that type of person lol i hate to offend anybody or make them mad i was just making sure that i hadn't

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ] #230835
03/08/07 05:44 PM
03/08/07 05:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

peace i respect that as your opinion. when i got them they had baby ip and i have not got them neutered but i always have homes for the joeys with people that i talk to and make sure they have the right information and will make the right homes for my babys. and if that becomes a problem ever as far as homes i wold be a responsible person and get tippy neutered.

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ] #232957
03/12/07 06:29 AM
03/12/07 06:29 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sorry, I am very busy taking care of rescues so I can't get her often. Some people here "got" it, the exact reason why I asked the question. Even though the parents produced a special colored baby they are still "rescues". I am a rescuer before anything else, I have to be. I have a house full of gliders that I didn't allow to come into this world but we take care of. Its good to know that you would consider neutering him, we really have an over popultion of gliders needing homes.
This is a recent article in City and Country Pets, you can read it online here: http://www.ccpets.com/cover.htm

Thinking of Finding a New Home for Your Pet?What Rescue Workers Wish You Knew

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Average Pet Owner:
Thank you for contacting us animal rescuers, shelter volunteers, and foster-homes about your inability to keep your pet. We receive an extremely high volume of inquires and requests to accept surrendered animals (and some of us aren’t getting paid, okay?). To help us expedite your problem and quickly as possible, please observe the following guidelines:

1. Do not say that you are CONSIDERING finding a good home” for your pet, or that you “feel you MIGHT be forced to” or that you “really THINK it would be better if” you unloaded the poor beast. Ninety-five percent of you have already got your minds stone-cold made up that the animal WILL be put of your life by the weekend at the latest. Say so. If you don’t, I’m going to waste a lot of time giving you common sense easy solutions for very fixable problems, and you’re going to waste a lot of time coming up with fanciful excuses why the solutions couldn’t possibly work for you. For instance, you say the cat claws the furniture, I’m going to tell you about nail-clipping and scratching posts and aversion training, and then you go into a long harangue about how your husband won’t let you put a scratching post in the living room and how your ADHD daughter cries if you use a squirt bottle on the cat, and your congenital thumb abnormalities prevent you from using nail scissors and etc., etc. Just say you’re getting rid of the cat.

2. Do not waste time trying to convince me how nice and humane you are. Your coworker recommended that you contact me because I am nice to animals, not because I am nice to people, and I don’t like people who ‘get rid of their animals.’ “Get rid of,” is my least favorite phrase in any language. I hope someone “gets rid of” YOU someday. I am an animal advocate, not a people therapist. After all, for your ADHD daughter, you can get counselors, special teachers, doctors, social workers, etc. Your pet only has me, and people like me, to turn to in his or her need, and we are underpaid (if at all), overworked, stressed-out, and demoralized. So don’t tell me this big long story about how “We love this dog so much, and we even bought him a special bed that cost $50 and it is just KILLING us to part with him, but honestly, our maid is just awash in dog hair every time she cleans, and his breath sometimes reeks of liver, so you can see how hard we’ve tried, and how dear he is to us, but we really just can’t.” You’re not nice, and it is not killing you. It is, in all probability, literally killing your dog, but you’re going to be just fine once the beast is out of your sight. Don’t waste my time trying to make me like you or feel sorry for you in your plight.

3. Do not try to convince me that your pet is exceptional and deserves special treatment. I don’t care if you taught him to sit. I don’t care if she’s a beautiful Persian. I have a waiting list of battered and/or whacked-out animals who need help, and I have no room to foster/house your pet. Do not send me long message detailing how Fido just L-O-V-E-S blankies and carries his favorite blankie everywhere, and oh, when he gets all excited and happy, he spins around in circles, isn’t that just cute? He really is darling, so it wouldn’t be any trouble at all for us to find him a good home. Listen, we can go down to the pound and count the darling, spinning, blankie-loving beasts on death row by the dozens, any day of the week. And honey, Fido is a six-year-old Shepherd-Lab mix. I am not lying when I tell you that big, older, mixed-breed, garden-variety dogs are almost completely unadoptable, and I don’t care if they can whistle Dixie or send semaphore signals with their blankie! What you don’t realize is that, though you’re trying to lie to me, you’re actually telling the truth: Your pet is a special, wonderful, amazing creature. But this mean old world does not care. More importantly, YOU do not care, and I can’t fix that problem. All I can do is grieve for all the exceptional animals who live short, brutal, loveless lives and die without anyone ever recognizing that they were indeed, very, very special.

4. Finally, just, for God’s sake, for the animal’s sake, tell the truth and the whole truth. Do you think that if you just mumble that your cat is “high-strung,” I will say, “Okey-Dokey! No prob!” and take it into foster care? No, I will start asking questions and uncover the truth, which is that your cat has not used a litter box in the last six months. Do not tell me that you “can’t” crate your dog. I will ask what happens when you try to crate him, and you will either be forced to tell me the symptoms of full blown, severe separation anxiety, or else you will resort to lying some more, wasting more of our time. And, if you succeed in placing your pet in a shelter or foster care, do not tell yourself the biggest lie of all: “Those nice people will take him and find him a good home, and everything will be fine.” Those nice people will indeed give the animal every possible chance, but if we discover serious health or behavior problems, if we find that your misguided attempts to train or discipline him have driven him over the edge, we will do what you are too immoral and cowardly to do: We will hold the animal in our arms, telling him truthfully that he is a good dog or cat, telling him truthfully that we are sorry and we love him, while the vet ends his life. How can we be so heartless as to kill your pet, you ask? Do not ever dare to judge us. At least we tried. At least we stuck with him to the end. At least we never abandoned him to strangers, as you certainly did, didn’t you? In short, this little old rescuer/foster momma has reached the point where she would prefer you pet owners to tell her stories like this:

“We went to Wal-Mart and picked up a free pet in the parking lot a couple of years ago. Now we don’t want it anymore. We’re lazier than we thought. We’ve got no patience, either. Clearly, we can’t possibly keep it. Plus, it might be getting sick, it’s acting kind of funny. We would like you to take it eagerly, enthusiastically, and immediately. We hope you’ll realize what a deal you’re getting and not ask us for a donation to help defray your costs. After all, this is an (almost) pure bred animal, and we’ll send the leftover food along with it. We get it at Wal-Mart too, and boy, it’s a really good deal price-wise. We are very irritated that you haven’t shown pity on us in our great need and picked the animal up already. We thought you people were supposed to be humane! Come and get it today. No, we couldn’t possibly bring it to you, the final episode of Survivor is on tonight.”

Thank you, Mr. & Mrs. Average Pet Owner, for your cooperation.
Sincerely,
Any Shelter or Rescue worker anywhere

Author Unknown. Are you the author of this letter? If so, please let us know and we’ll be glad to give you credit.

So some people will think I am mean, I am not trying to be mean. I am trying to educate, we have so many gliders needing homes. All the rescue homes are full and they neuter the rescues. Our vet has neutered 80 of them so far. We have white tips, cinni's and blondes all neutered so they won't add to the population. One of our group members even got a mosiac (for free), and he is neutered also. So why are your rescues so different than my rescues, should I be letting them breed? I can't afford to, we are dealing with the same issues that the city shelters are dealing with for cats and dogs. The gliders are going to be paying the price until the glider community can form a coalition and come together. Its my view as well as many others that rescues should be nuetered, I am sorry if that upsets you. I can rewrite this article for dealing with sugar glider rescues, and it would be essentially the same article.
Angie

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ] #232983
03/12/07 08:56 AM
03/12/07 08:56 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this thread got a bit off topic... I can't wait to see her again Lynsie... and her little buddy, Caspian, too!

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: ] #233286
03/12/07 07:36 PM
03/12/07 07:36 PM
Quincy, IL 62305
Lynsie Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Lynsie  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Quincy, IL 62305
Umm yeah, maybe you two should open your own thread about breeding rescues, this is about white tipped gliders.

Back on topic.

Finally I got my crabby lil man Caspian home and snapped a few pics of him. Enjoy!!
Who you looking at?
Don't I look sweet?
Laid back
See my white tip?
Well then look closer roflmao

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: Lynsie] #233320
03/12/07 08:13 PM
03/12/07 08:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG lynsie, your gliders are absolutely precious!!!!!!

Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: Lynsie] #233332
03/12/07 08:21 PM
03/12/07 08:21 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
OMG, that new little boy of yours is SO CUTE!!!

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: White Tipped Gliders [Re: pappy1264] #233501
03/12/07 11:13 PM
03/12/07 11:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lynsie your gliders are adorable lil guys cant wait to see more pictures.

sorry the thread got off topic i started a new post sorry again

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 148 guests, and 76 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Oleph, Malibu_Stacie000, Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian
7326 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,375
Posts159,173
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,327
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Introductions are time sensitive
by Malibu_Stacie000. 04/08/24 10:39 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
850,885 TEXAS
679,937 OHIO
488,576 OKLAHOMA
433,499 UTAH
322,990 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024