Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: My Ivy is sick [Re: cinnamonstix] #466951
02/01/08 12:53 PM
02/01/08 12:53 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Gwen-Riker is the SAME way-but he'll have to have his Thyroid hormone the rest of his LIFE, every, single, day. ohwell I feel criminal sometimes, but it goes down!
Some days he's more resigned to it than others, lol. But the changes for the better in him make ALL the guilt worth it.

I'm SO glad she's healing so well! hug2

Can we have some pics, please? grin

FIRST SIGN of SUSPECTING something isn't right with her-take her in to the vet. You know what to look for now, and that's an advantage.

I'd been wondering how she and a couple others were doing. laugh clap <- for Miss Ivy! (and Mom, lol)

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: My Ivy is sick [Re: Xfilefan] #466954
02/01/08 01:01 PM
02/01/08 01:01 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Please let me add: you've done a WONDERFUL and DEDICATED job with your girl-NO glider could ask for more from their human. smile

Last edited by Xfilefan; 02/01/08 01:01 PM.

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: My Ivy is sick [Re: Xfilefan] #466959
02/01/08 01:06 PM
02/01/08 01:06 PM
SE Minnesota..
GliderLove Offline
Glider Addict
GliderLove  Offline
Glider Addict

SE Minnesota..
YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear that Gwen! That should make you smile..just a little laugh

Cindy
Mom to
Jae, Ashton, Briannah, Nevaeh & Addy

& all my fuzzies!
Breeder of Leu's, Mosaics, wfb, and standard grey's.
Owner of www.MySugarAddiction.com

:rtmo: :leu:

Re: My Ivy is sick [Re: GliderLove] #466993
02/01/08 01:45 PM
02/01/08 01:45 PM
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Greeley, CO
I am so happy that Ivy is all better! Awesome job Gwen (and Ivy, too!) grin

Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove
Gliders: Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa
Dogs: Nacho & Dory
RIP my glider angels: Nynaeve, Poppy, Lan, Toffee, Zoey, Tika & Tas

mlove

www.sugargroup.org

Re: My Ivy is sick [Re: Usha77] #467135
02/01/08 04:17 PM
02/01/08 04:17 PM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline OP
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Makes me smile a whole lot. I have some crummy cell phone pictures...I will attach them...I am HORRIBLE about charging my batteries for my digi...lol...but I will...right after I am done typing and I will post pics as soon as the batteries are all charged up. I am mad at myself for not keeping them charged so I could show you guys the phases she went through...but I was tired and stressed and never remembered to charge them...then Ashley's guy got sick...I have hardly no new pics yet of my newest couple I have here...I would call myself a bad mom...but I know that is not the case...I have just been attending to things that needed to be cared for. If I ever have any issues again though...I hope I am smart enough to remember pics for everyone...but yeah...thanks again everyone...we are pretty happy around here...and I am considering trying to intro Icarus and Ivy with Howie and Gracie...since I do plan to get a joey yet for Meeko and Willow, BUT if Icarus does not have it and hates Howie like he did with Meeko...they will just be a single pair and I will look into putting Howie and Gracie with Meeko and Willow...oh the thought of intros again! Icarus is special and does not let me take him out of the house or be in binding pouches...so friends would be good for...maybe help with his anxiety...he was not this anxious when I got him. Oh well, we will see in time what happens! lol...ok Pic time (and going to charge batteries!)

Attached Files
P_00113.JPG (31 downloads)
You can see the scar just below her eye
P_00114.JPG (28 downloads)
my princess looking all better

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru
Tortoise: Vork
Cats: Scooby, Swiper, Zero, Dinah & Sykes
Suggies: Meeko, Willow & Nemo; Rei, Rafiki & Rajah; Opal, Lily & Link; Tael, Tatl & Navi; Kristoff Krabbs & Crabby Patty
:rbridge: Fern, Cjarsa, Syfka, Icarus, Ivy, Howie & Gracie

www.cinnamonstix-n-sugar.com
Re: My Ivy is sick [Re: cinnamonstix] #467144
02/01/08 04:23 PM
02/01/08 04:23 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Aw, happy tears!! She's still beautiful!! mlove

Re: My Ivy is sick [Re: Xfilefan] #467415
02/01/08 10:53 PM
02/01/08 10:53 PM
Austin, TX
USMom Offline
Serious Glideritis
USMom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Austin, TX
Gwen, I know how hard it is to do meds for that long with a baby that won't take them. You did a great job with your girly girl. Congratulations!!! Give her kissies for me.

Shawna
Who are you networked with? Networking could save your gliders life. Create one now.

Re: My Ivy is sick [Re: USMom] #467428
02/01/08 11:17 PM
02/01/08 11:17 PM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline OP
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Ha! Funny thing is she used to to willingly take meds...yes...willingly. Lol. She would grab the syringe in her hands and just suck it down...now that was NICE...but she got tired of the nasty tasting stuff QUICK and that came to a hault.

She has become a bit less passive since this whole sickness...she has gained quite a bit of spunk. Today we did a little bit of intro...ha ha...my mellow girl was the one causing about all of the commotion. My anxious alpha male was silent and good...surprisingly. He scented the bars and peed all over...but was in general pretty good. So...we will see...I expected much better of Ivy and much worse of Icarus...only time and patience will tell...maybe they may be friends one day yet...it may do some good for Icarus since he gets too stressed to leave the house...he seemed interested today...good progress for him!

Anyhoo...I am planning on getting pics tonight of my sweetie...good pics. Batteries ARE on the charger. Maybe we can even get a cute little smoochie pic...lol.

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru
Suggies: Meeko, Willow & Nemo; Rei, Rafiki & Rajah; Opal, Lily & Link; Tael, Tatl & Navi; Kristoff Krabbs & Crabby Patty

Re: My Ivy is sick [Re: cinnamonstix] #467557
02/02/08 04:30 AM
02/02/08 04:30 AM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline OP
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Adding pics now...it was her LEFT eye that was swollen...but this is my Ivy all better!

Attached Files
HPIM0902.JPG (26 downloads)
HPIM0903.JPG (24 downloads)
HPIM0906.JPG (27 downloads)
small scar is visible here...line below her eye...looking MUCH better than before though!

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru

Re: My Ivy is sick [Re: cinnamonstix] #467586
02/02/08 09:50 AM
02/02/08 09:50 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Gwen,
I'm so glad to see Ivy is completely healed now clap Kudos to you for sticking it through and giving her such excellent care! hug2 hug2 hug2 She's such a beautiful girl and the scar just adds character roflmao

Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: My Ivy is sick [Re: sugarglidersuz] #467592
02/02/08 10:09 AM
02/02/08 10:09 AM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline OP
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Ha ha...that is what Dani says...ALL the time...I did not believe her until last night...goodness she has become a witch when she wants to be...I love her...she has just developed some spunk and attitude that she never had before...I suppose it is good for her not to be SO submissive...it is just a side of her I never seen. Well now she can stand up for herself...and she is sweet and gives kisses still...which is my favorite of course...I LOVE those little glider kisses when she stick her nose right up to mine...sweetest thing ever...so I am plenty happy. But yeah...after this whole being sick thing...she did aquire a lot more character...she is kind of a new girl!

But yeah...no way I could have not stuck it through with her. The vet bills were not huge..thanks to the help of people on here with great advice urging me to get more than the Baytril...it was just what she needed...and I learned how to nag my vet for it...lol...and it worked! But all I cuold think of the whole time as she was not making any improvement was what if she gets worse, what if she does not pull through, what about Icarus...he may not ever have another friend if he decides that he does not...but my girl is all better...and that worry is out of my head...I still would like to intro them with my other pair...I would like them to have more friends. I intend on a decade with them all and hopefully more...since they are only all 2-3 years old...Ivy being the oldest...they are all plenty young yet...but I want them all to have friends...for when a sad day does come...they will still have friends to love and keep them going. I just had a lot of thoughs when she was sick...and it is always best to be prepared for the worse. Ivy was perfectly fine and the next day her eye was bulging out of her face pretty decent...you never know WHAT is going to happen.

Anyone out there...if you have not applied for Care Credit already...apply now. I did at the first sign of her being sick...and all went well for me. But sometimes Care Credit is not that flawless. A friend had a medical emergency with her glider at the same time...Care Credit approved her...but having to increase you line is a joke...getting a live person on the phone is a joke...and sometimes people are not always approved...another fried was denied...NO idea why she would have been...makes no sense at all...but just a note out there ...Care Credit CAN be great in a pinch if you need it...but be prepared and be responsible. Apply today...so it is there one day when you DO need it. My gliders are all chubby and VERY well cared for...no reason for any of them to get sick...but it happens...and as everyone always says...at the worst of times...mine was teh middle of the night right before New Years...so just a note...be prepared...it will help lift the stress just a little and you with be thankful you were ready for everything.

GIVE YOUR BABIES EXTRA KISSES AND MEALIES (kisses first of course...LOL) and let them know you love them...never take them for granted.

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru

Re: My Ivy is sick [Re: cinnamonstix] #467627
02/02/08 11:32 AM
02/02/08 11:32 AM

S
Squeaky
Unregistered
Squeaky
Unregistered
S

hahaha Ivy looks terrified in that last picture.

No more poofy eye yaaaaaay.

My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 #467739
02/02/08 02:30 PM
02/02/08 02:30 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
See Part 1 here.

Re: My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 [Re: LSardou] #467886
02/02/08 07:20 PM
02/02/08 07:20 PM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline OP
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Ahhh...and my baby is onto part two of her story...funny! Well, there are pics back in the end of part one that shows her all better now.

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru

Re: My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 [Re: cinnamonstix] #471255
02/06/08 05:16 PM
02/06/08 05:16 PM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline OP
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Just updating...my baby is still looking good...I check on her first thing ever day to look at that eye...afaid of it swelling up again...but she is still looking mighty fine and healthy. I am so happy...she has a lot more spunk and energy too.

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru

Re: My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 [Re: cinnamonstix] #478736
02/16/08 12:24 AM
02/16/08 12:24 AM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline OP
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Her eye still looks good, I have one thing that concerns me though, she wakes up...and in that eye only..many times I can see a portion of her eyelid white in the corner of her eye. After getting up and being up for a few minutes it seems to go away...but is this cause for concern that the infection may not be fully gone or is this something normal from the swelling she went through during the duration of her infection? I have Clindamyacin here still and can put her back on that at any time for this...I do not want to see her sick again...so just wondering if I should be concerned or just continue to watch like a hawk every day..lol. Her eye has been doing this for a little bit yet.

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru

Re: My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 [Re: cinnamonstix] #478754
02/16/08 12:39 AM
02/16/08 12:39 AM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
my Willow has eye problems from a scratched eye as a joey. she was on antibiotic eye ointment for 2 weeks when I got her, and has to have drops for dryness, sometimes every day (depending on how much the heat runs) - But, I know when her eye is getting dry because i'll see the 3rd eyelid (which is the white you're seeing).. If it happens too often, or causes you a lot of concern, you may want to have the vet look at it (Willow see's a veterinary ophthalmologist (sp?) for her eye issues)

Re: My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 [Re: BeckiT] #478765
02/16/08 12:59 AM
02/16/08 12:59 AM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline OP
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
OK...depending on what other responses I get...I may just watch her cautiously. It was due to a sinus infection...so I just worry about it coming back of course. She has not had any sort of eye injury since being here and was in decent condition when I got her despite the tapeworm she was treated for upon testing positive. She has had no sort of bodily injury here with me...just the tapeworm she came with and not her sinus infection whick was treated with antibiotic.

I will continue to watch it and watch for any sort of swelling...as I have been doing every day since she has been off her meds. If I ever notice more of her eyelid I will be concerned and if it does not go back after a minute...same thing.

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru

Re: My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 [Re: cinnamonstix] #500711
03/11/08 01:44 AM
03/11/08 01:44 AM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline OP
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Well tonight I noticed an ever so slight roundness below her eye...it looks like whatever this is, it is starting to cause swelling again. We had figured it was sinus...so I am going to stick with that. I had hoped we knocked this out but her eye was slightly goopy and starting to swell just very slightly. I still watch over her like a hawk...so I noticed it right away when she came out to eat her dinner. I have started her on her meds again as soon as my BF agreed that he too did see the swelling. Hopefully this time we can knock it out for good...I am starting to wonder if this will end up being something she needs preventative meds for or if it will finally just go away. Ugh.

We went a good week with no signs before discontinuing the meds I was given by my vet...and she has looked good until today when I noticed the slight roundness.

Luckily my vet gave me so much of the medicine I will be good for who knows how long...lol...but I just want my girl to be better. She was so good about her meds tonight...but I know that will not last long...this stuff is nasty. My poor baby! cry

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru

Re: My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 [Re: cinnamonstix] #500868
03/11/08 10:52 AM
03/11/08 10:52 AM
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Greeley, CO
hug2 I sure hope this round of meds kicks it completely! Poor little girl! hug2

Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove
Gliders: Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa
Dogs: Nacho & Dory
RIP my glider angels: Nynaeve, Poppy, Lan, Toffee, Zoey, Tika & Tas

mlove

www.sugargroup.org

Re: My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 [Re: Usha77] #500896
03/11/08 11:23 AM
03/11/08 11:23 AM
SE Minnesota..
GliderLove Offline
Glider Addict
GliderLove  Offline
Glider Addict

SE Minnesota..
Oh Gwen, I am sorry! I hope she gets better quick! Just a thought though..I would run it by the vet Since certain meds have shorter shelf life spans once mixed up.

Cindy
Mom to

& all my fuzzies!

Re: My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 [Re: GliderLove] #501015
03/11/08 01:23 PM
03/11/08 01:23 PM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline OP
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Cindy...my clindamyacin is good for a good long time (crazy long shelf life) and my Baytril has a little bit left to go for the EXP date. If they did not have dates on them...I would not be using them...so we are good...and the meds are fine actually.

Last edited by cinnamonstix; 03/11/08 01:26 PM.

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru

Re: My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 [Re: cinnamonstix] #501052
03/11/08 01:50 PM
03/11/08 01:50 PM
SE Minnesota..
GliderLove Offline
Glider Addict
GliderLove  Offline
Glider Addict

SE Minnesota..
Ok, I just thought I would mention it because mine do not have dates on them, they are are in the tubes nd I have to pull it out with the needle syringe. She also told me not to use the same Baytil from when he got it a month ago when we first started treating his tail. Just checking..glad your good to go though!!

Cindy
Mom to

& all my fuzzies!

Re: My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 [Re: GliderLove] #501081
03/11/08 02:13 PM
03/11/08 02:13 PM
TX
tootles Offline
Glider Slave
tootles  Offline
Glider Slave

TX
ohhh I am so sorry hope your baby feels better soon.

Tracy

Re: My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 [Re: tootles] #501102
03/11/08 02:42 PM
03/11/08 02:42 PM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline OP
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Thanks guys...I sure hope so too. I do see an improvement over last night. I gave her the second dose...looks like the swelling is already coming down...so I am very glad I caught it early. She was so good about her medicine this afternoon...did not put up a fight or spit it out...which I am glad for. She HATES this stuff...but she got a nummy raisin afterward since I am out of bugs...she seemed to enjoy it. Lol.

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru

Re: My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 [Re: cinnamonstix] #501297
03/11/08 06:08 PM
03/11/08 06:08 PM

M
magilarilla
Unregistered
magilarilla
Unregistered
M

Oh Gwen! This is just so much for you, but Ivy sure picked the right momma to love on!

Re: My Ivy is Sick - Part 2 [Re: ] #501305
03/11/08 06:15 PM
03/11/08 06:15 PM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline OP
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Lol...yup! grin

Their cage got a FULL scrub down and rinsed most of their toys...changed out pouches and put in a new wheel. Figured a little sanitation would definitely NOT hurt if it is her sinus. So the cage is sparkling...it needed the scrubbing anyways...and well...these guys are not exactly sure what to do with their new "Stealth"-like wheel. They keep chewing at it like crazy and trying to go opposite directions. Icarus actually flung her out...I felt so bad!

So the cage is clean...she is happy...and they are going crazy. Hopefully I keep seeing improvement...I was so scared for her last time she was sick... I am ready for it to just be GONE so she can continue to be happy and healthy. She came to me with tapeworm and we had to worry about pregnancy, her mate got neutered then months later she gets sick...she got better only to start getting sick again.

She is one of the sweetest gliders...probably the sweetest one I have...it just makes me mad she has been through so much...I am her fourth home at least... she needs to get better so she can be a happy glider. Curse the people that mistreat their animals...I would bet that some of that has to do with what is still going on here now. My poor baby girl! Least she is sweet and happy still.

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024