Member Spotlight
KarenE
KarenE
LittleRock, AR USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
2020 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/20/20 10:14 PM
Nail clipping didn't go so well.... what now?
by Ladymagyver. 02/18/20 01:10 PM
Bonding with pregnant momma
by Ladymagyver. 02/16/20 03:37 PM
Help!!!
by Ladymagyver. 02/15/20 03:49 PM
Leu/Cremeino Baby
by wvglidermomma. 02/11/20 04:48 PM
New Colony
by Feather. 02/10/20 05:26 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by Feather. 02/09/20 12:12 PM
Ladymagyver
by KarenE. 02/08/20 10:32 AM
Minkasmom
by Ladymagyver. 02/06/20 08:42 AM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
In Loving Memory of Tom Havens(thavens) 1950-2006

It is with the heaviest heart that we inform the membership and the Glider Community that the father of GliderCENTRAL Tom Havens has passed away. We want to wish Tom's kids Jamie, TC, and all of his family and friends our deepest apologies and condolences.

Here are some words Tom has wrote for himself:
"I was Born in Cheyenne, Wy and lived in that area until we moved to LA when I was 15. Graduated at John Muir High in 1968 then went back to the Co/Wy mountain until I was drafted in 1969. I retired in 1987 as a Missile Systems Research Data Collector from White Sands Missile Range. I moved to Huntsville, AL and worked under contract to Missile Defense Executive Officer doing data communications and systems support. I have spent the last five years of my working career at a 60 store heavy equipment rental company as the Information Officer. I retired in 1999.

I have one son(TC) and one daughter(Jamie) still at home. Four gliders, five fish, and one old dog round out the zoo. I have dedicated myself to helping gliders as much as I can."

Bruce Ross, one a the few who really knew Tom helped described Tom more for the rest of us.
"Tom joined here at GliderCENTRAL as a member on 12/23/00. In 2003 Tom was asked by Ellen to take on the heavy task of becoming the Technical Administrator with his extensive background in in computer engineering he developed from the army and his schooling. With his love for gliders and his background of web development he accepted the job and soon after became a CO- Owner of GliderCENTRAL up to the present time.

It is known that he was a man of few words, but when he spoke you sure listened. Tom spent many hours and time devoted to different associations of research and help for the good of the glider. By request of the committee member for each project Tom has taken care of the web development and financial needs of the SGGA up until 2006, EVF, and the GRF.

Tom was in the Army for over 19 years and was medically retired due to a severe leg injury he sustained when a jeep he was in went over a cliff at White Sands Proving Ground. Following his time in the Army, he worked at Red Stone Arsenal where he became the main computer assistant for the Commanding General.

Since his retirement from civil service, Tom has devoted himself to his family which has always been the most important thing in his life. Also, as we all know, he has been a key member in the Sugar Glider community for years."

In Loving Memory of Craig McAteer (BeetleJuice) 1967-2006

Craig's daughter Ashli has recently informed us of the passing of her Dad Craig and for some of us, this news is still a shock. Craig was a member here since 2001 and became a GC Moderator. He was known for his intellect and kindness.

Craig was pationate about Sugar Gliders and did a lot of research for the gliders. You can go and look at some of his posts which you can find here.

On behalf of all the staff here at GC, we wish Ashli and all of Craig's friends and family our deepest symphathy.
In Loving Memory of Merlin 1938-2010

Everyone who knew Merlin could see he loved his gliders, and there was no doubt his little ones certainly loved their Merlin. They also loved the way he spoiled them and in return they showered Merlin with unconditional love. An SGGA would not be complete without Merlin maneuvering through the crowd on his scooter with his GliderCENTRAL bumper sticker on the seatback. Merlin, you are missed and remembered.
In Loving Memory of Charlie Holcombe 1934-2011

Charlie was well known in the glider community as the other half of Mary and Charlie of The Glider Tree where some of the most sick and injured gliders would find their loving hands, years of experience and determination to see their "babies" through whatever they were facing.

They began their work in 1995, and never looked back as both Charlie and Mary felt this was God's plan for them.

As Mary said:
"We were NEVER here to be praised or looked up to...we just wanted to be part of the glider world. If you had a glider in trouble...we were here."

On a more personal level, Mary has said of Charlie:
"He was the best thing that ever walked through my life...he was my angel here. We decided from the beginning that we were like a pair of sissors...on part was no good with out the other."

Charlie will be missed by so many.
In Loving Memory of Karin Leohardt 1957-2013

Karin was an outstanding member of this community for over a decade, she was a moderator here for many years, she was a mentor to so many new sugar glider owners and a friend to hundreds of our members. She was the undisputed ‘The Pouch Queen’, as her designs opened our eyes to what was possible and she inspired creativity in others. She was an author, a lover of all creatures (esp. her sugar gliders), and away from this community, she was a fantastic mother and wife.

Karin said in her quote for the Staff Page:
I was born and raised on the Missouri border in Illinois, and currently live in the greater Chicagoland area. My husband and I have been married for 25yrs, and have raised 3 wonderful children together. Hot news...soon to be a first time Gramma! Currently my home is ruled by five gray angels, that are the sunshine in my days. Glider Daydreams was opened in 2001, and I love every minute of my work : )....it is so rewarding making suggie's happy and cozy. Some of my other passions include going to music festivals, camping and boating, fishing, playing cards, coaching Competition cheer (now retired), hanging with my gliders & friends....actually, just about anything! Ask anyone who knows me...I am always busy.

Karin will be missed by so many.
Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Boram, KarenE, 1 invisible), 30 guests, and 339 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
LethalAngel, r0ger0622, MamaByrd, Jenifer, Suggies1219
7063 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,000
Posts157,016
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,063
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Nail clipping didn't go so well.... what now?
by CKC44. 02/17/20 11:47 PM
Bonding with pregnant momma
by OUHyperop. 02/16/20 08:23 AM
Help!!!
by Anonymous. 02/14/20 08:03 PM
New Colony
by Takaia42. 02/08/20 10:50 AM
Ladymagyver
by KarenE. 02/07/20 09:48 AM
Leu/Cremeino Baby
by wvglidermomma. 02/06/20 07:00 PM
Minkasmom
by Feather. 02/05/20 06:10 PM
Dallie
by Feather. 02/05/20 06:06 PM
Please HELP!
by KateS. 02/03/20 10:45 PM
mechnut450
by Feather. 01/30/20 02:36 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
794,476 TEXAS
633,916 OHIO
440,443 OKLAHOMA
390,459 UTAH
286,782 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2020