Feather
Wisconsin
Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/17/24 12:00 AM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: Trigger] #786881
05/31/09 05:09 PM
05/31/09 05:09 PM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
Okay, I hear all the words of caution being thrown out here. I am going to take step #1 and submit a fecal for the zinc sufate centrifugation test. I'm also going to ask that he contact Dr. Walsh AND Dr. Tristan to get their input on the DE powder.

I agree that "good" bacteria could also be killed along with the bad stuff & the parasites themselves...but antibiotics do that as well, and the solution is to feed them a little yogurt daily to counteract the antibiotics...right? I was thinking about putting the PINCH of DE powder on top of yogurt & administering orally with a needleless syringe...that way I would KNOW how much each glider got. There'd be no question of "did he/she get enough or too much?" etc.

I'm also going to do a water solubility test on the powder, to see its composition.

Don't panic: I know NOT to jump head-first into a spring-fed pool. But I'm going to get some SERIOUS gears in motion about this being a potential CURE for gihardia & MAYBE JUST MAYBE trichs as well.

Minkasmom (Papillon Kisses)
Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry
Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: minkasmom] #786887
05/31/09 05:26 PM
05/31/09 05:26 PM
in my happy place
S
sugarlope Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarlope  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
S

in my happy place
Regarding the gut flora - there was a recent post discussing that fact that we have probably already really messed up their natural flora and digestive system by feeding them yogurt. (just food for thought since this topic has been brought up here)

I don't know if DE will be something that will be useful for us or not, but this is a discussion about the possibility that it may help with some of the gliders that have chronic, difficult to treat, or other parasite issues.

~Gretchen

If we never loved, then maybe we would never feel pain. Love anyway. It's worth it.
Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: sugarlope] #786926
05/31/09 07:37 PM
05/31/09 07:37 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
This is very interesting but everything has some type of side effect natural or not.

Since DE has many cautions about drying skin, etc., what about drying out the inside causing dehydration or worsening an existing illness?

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: SugarBlossoms] #787898
06/02/09 07:17 PM
06/02/09 07:17 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
I contacted Tristan about this the day that Dancing posted about it. He said he would look into it. I just spoke with him a few moments ago and asked him more about it. He said he looked into it and there really isnt enough out there on this to say one way or the other. He is willing to talk with other vets about it as well.

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: Srlb] #787913
06/02/09 07:45 PM
06/02/09 07:45 PM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
Thanks for checking with Dr. Tristan about this for us, Peggy.

SugareeErin, have you had a chance to mention this to Dr. Ness? I'd like to hear the input of an holistic vet as well.

Right now I wish I could sprinkle some of it around my house to eliminate some unwanted bugs....unfortunately, I came home to learn that my SNAKE is also on the loose somewhere. Therefore, until such time as HE is found, I can't do ANYTHING! tant I'm definitely NOT willing to take the chance of him slithering through this stuff & ending up.....you know.... frown

Minkasmom (Papillon Kisses)
Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry
Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: Trigger] #787919
06/02/09 08:20 PM
06/02/09 08:20 PM

N
Nurturingnest
Unregistered
Nurturingnest
Unregistered
N

Originally Posted By: Trigger
Originally Posted By: Nurturingnest
I used DE when I lived in Vegas. It kept he roaches and black widows down. I never used it for fleas though. I'm gonna try this week. In layman's terms DE is crushed shell. It cuts the exoskeleton and the bugs dehydrate. I would be VERY careful when applying externally. It is dangerous when inhaled. Like inhaling tiny glass shards.

Then is it not like feeding the gliders little glass shards? Maybe not as damaging as to the lungs but wouldn't it be capapable of harming the digestive system as well?

I would worry about their tiny systems too! I'm not giving it to my babies until we get more info from a vet.

In the meantime
i will try it out on the fleas

Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: ] #791926
06/10/09 06:28 PM
06/10/09 06:28 PM
Las Vegas, NV/Columbus, OH
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

Las Vegas, NV/Columbus, OH
Any updates here?

~Deanna~
Chinchillas: Luke, Yoda, and Pronk
Gliders: Nika, Ranger, and DeeGee

(702)250-5236
Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: DeeDancer] #791933
06/10/09 06:44 PM
06/10/09 06:44 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A

Not sure if it was already mentioned but through the Pellet diet list that we are making, I noticed that DE is an ingredient in one of the mfgs.

I thought it may be worth mentioning that all Pet Pro Happy Glider formulas include DE. Here is an example of the Pet Pro Happy Glider breeder Formula ingredients (After Algae Meal):

Chicken Meal, Toasted Yellow Corn Flour, extruded whole soymeal, soybean meal, extruded barley, fish meal, vegetable oil, whole dried eggs, extruded oats groats, corn gluten, soy hulls, blood meal, animal plasma, calcium carbonate, Vitamen E Supplement, salt, potassium chloride, Vitamin A acetate, D-activated animal sterol (source of vitamin D3), DL-alpha tocopheryl acetate (source of vitamin E), menadione sodium bisulphate complex (source of vitamin K), vitamin B-12 supplement, calcium pantothenate, niacin supplement, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrocholride, thiamine mononitrate, biotin, folic acid, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxcide, zinc sulfate, manganous oxide, sodium selenite, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, corn germ meal, dried kelp, dried tomato pomace, yeast culture, monosodium phosphate, sodium sulfate, ferric sulfate, magnesium oxide, cobalt sulfate, cane sugar, dl-methionine, pyridoxine hydrochloride, ferrous fumarate, sea salt, l-lysine, lecithin, potassium iodide, beta carotene, zinc methionine complex, hydrochloric acid, yucca schidigera extract, algae meal, diatomaceous earth, cobalt choline citrate complex, ferric choline citrate complex, calcium pantothenate, copper choline citrate complex, magnesium amino acid chelate, zinc amino acid chelate, calcium amino acid chelate, iron amino acid chelate, manganese amino acid chelate, copper amino acide chelate, cobalt amino acid chelate, thiamine mononitrate, ferrous carbonate, amylase, cellulose, maltase, phytase, protease, lipase, B. Bifidum, L. Plantarum, S. Faecium, L. Acidophilus, L. Salibarius, mixed tocopherols, citric acid, ascorbic acid, lecithin, rosemary extract.

Last edited by astronoc; 06/10/09 06:46 PM.
Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: ] #791938
06/10/09 07:02 PM
06/10/09 07:02 PM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Ohio
Originally Posted By: astronoc
Not sure if it was already mentioned but through the Pellet diet list that we are making, I noticed that DE is an ingredient in one of the mfgs.

I thought it may be worth mentioning that all Pet Pro Happy Glider formulas include DE. Here is an example of the Pet Pro Happy Glider breeder Formula ingredients (After Algae Meal):

Chicken Meal, Toasted Yellow Corn Flour, extruded whole soymeal, soybean meal, extruded barley, fish meal, vegetable oil, whole dried eggs, extruded oats groats, corn gluten, soy hulls, blood meal, animal plasma, calcium carbonate, Vitamen E Supplement, salt, potassium chloride, Vitamin A acetate, D-activated animal sterol (source of vitamin D3), DL-alpha tocopheryl acetate (source of vitamin E), menadione sodium bisulphate complex (source of vitamin K), vitamin B-12 supplement, calcium pantothenate, niacin supplement, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrocholride, thiamine mononitrate, biotin, folic acid, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxcide, zinc sulfate, manganous oxide, sodium selenite, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, corn germ meal, dried kelp, dried tomato pomace, yeast culture, monosodium phosphate, sodium sulfate, ferric sulfate, magnesium oxide, cobalt sulfate, cane sugar, dl-methionine, pyridoxine hydrochloride, ferrous fumarate, sea salt, l-lysine, lecithin, potassium iodide, beta carotene, zinc methionine complex, hydrochloric acid, yucca schidigera extract, algae meal, diatomaceous earth, cobalt choline citrate complex, ferric choline citrate complex, calcium pantothenate, copper choline citrate complex, magnesium amino acid chelate, zinc amino acid chelate, calcium amino acid chelate, iron amino acid chelate, manganese amino acid chelate, copper amino acide chelate, cobalt amino acid chelate, thiamine mononitrate, ferrous carbonate, amylase, cellulose, maltase, phytase, protease, lipase, B. Bifidum, L. Plantarum, S. Faecium, L. Acidophilus, L. Salibarius, mixed tocopherols, citric acid, ascorbic acid, lecithin, rosemary extract.

Is that one of the soft-pellet foods? If so, I might get some to keep on hand and offer it as a treat or something. Hmmmm...

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: Guerita135] #791944
06/10/09 07:15 PM
06/10/09 07:15 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A

They are hard pellets. I have some of those pellets that came with my girl when I got her. I kept it on hand since I knew I'd be looking into the diet later.

The only soft pellet type of food I have encoutered so far is the Exotic Nutrition Insectivore-Fare aka Zoo-Fare aka Zookepper's secret.

It is typically recommended to use water or some sort of nectar to soften up the hard pellets. You may want to go this route if you really want to use those.

Please note that I am not advocating for any pellet diets nor am I recommending one over another at this time. My goal is to put out facts and let you determine whats best for you and your glider.

Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: ] #792220
06/11/09 11:49 AM
06/11/09 11:49 AM

J
jungleflockmom
Unregistered
jungleflockmom
Unregistered
J

I would not give my gliders diatomaceous earth. If gliders have parasites, there are meds that effectively interrupt the life cycle of the parasite without harming the glider.

If one believes that "detoxing" is a necessary or even possible process that can be initiated by introducing specific minerals, powdered insect exoskeletons, foods, or vitamins to the digestive system, then one might consider using these products for him/herself.

But the theory of detoxing or cleansing the liver, etc is not a generally accepted aspect of Western healthcare. Our bodies, in the miracle of homeostasis, balance themselves if we give them a chance. And now that we have colonoscopies, we have seen the pretty pink intestines and they are not all clogged w/"toxins".

Diatomaceous earth cannot be used near the eyes. Therefore, applied topically, it doesn't work so well for fleas, mites, as they go to the face or near the eyes.

Sprinkled on straw bedding and worked in for chickens is a different story.

The caecum of the gliders (and the digestive tract of humans) will rebuild the natural flora. Yogurt or other probiotics might help but prebiotics such as acacia gum set up an environment in which the digestive system can do its work the best.

If diatomaceous earth was the cure-all that the holistic sites purport it to be (particularly the ones that sell it), it seems to me that its use would be more common in small animals.

If it works, great. Are your gliders going to be the guinea pigs? There are meds for parasites that do not permeate the digestive tract. Others are systemic and the location of the parasites and type of parasite determines the most effective treatment. Diatomaceous earth and other non-permeating chemicals cannot reach some parasites or their eggs.

Paying for more than a fecal float/smear is necessary if parasites that don't regularly shed is an issue. Roundworms are easy as they lay eggs and those show up in a smear/float. If you tell your vet what types of parasite you are worried about, he/she will know how to find it. Sometimes there is just no cheap way to solve a health issue w/ourselves or our animals.

Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: ] #792918
06/12/09 05:09 PM
06/12/09 05:09 PM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
Originally Posted By: jungleflockmom
Paying for more than a fecal float/smear is necessary if parasites that don't regularly shed is an issue.
It was recently suggested to me that when you suspect a parasite issue and it's one of the harder to find bugs, to have your vet run a SNAP test as that can detect them even when they're not being shed..

Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: ] #792925
06/12/09 05:23 PM
06/12/09 05:23 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
I agree with you Dee!

More important to me is the question, where are the gliders getting these parasites from to begin with? I have never had an issue with a glider having or getting a parasite except ONE rescue (roundworms and Giardia) I took in years ago that was in bad condition.

Foods prepared properly, not taking gliders outside to play or letting other people handle them should make a big difference. The type of water used has a lot to do with Giardia as what is considered "safe" for human consumption is NOT safe for a tiny animal. Not allowing other animals that do go outside around the gliders would make a difference too.

Gliders are marsupials, their bodies are delicate and not made like most any other animal. I simply will not "fix" something that is not broken when it comes to the health and lives of my precious babies. I will leave all "experimenting" up to the professionals and even then, I don't see a reason to treat something that simply is not there.

To me, this is no different than taking Chemotherapy to ward off any possible cancer cells or any other medication "just in case". Drastic way of putting it maybe, but then again, maybe not.

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: SugarBlossoms] #793059
06/12/09 10:32 PM
06/12/09 10:32 PM

T
TWilson
Unregistered
TWilson
Unregistered
T

We have to give our outside and our animals that go outside (dogs, cats, horses, cows, chickens, pigs, etc) preventative meds because parasites are a threat to them.

Personally I think there are better preventative measures for our gliders than giving them something that could potentially be dangerous for them.

Measures for safeguarding our gliders against parasites should include strict quarantine for at least 30 days for any glider coming into our home. They should be taken to the vet within 48 hours for a well visit and routine tests and that should be repeated again 2 weeks and at the end of quarantine BEFORE exposing them to our established gliders.

Food and water should be clean, our homes should be cleaned regular and heavy cleaned (we track in dirt from outside) and our inside/outside animals should be on preventative meds and vet checked regular.

And last but not least, WASH your hand BEFORE handling your gliders!!!!

If you take these precautions, you can pretty much eliminate the possibility of exposing your gliders to parasites BUT there is always a chance of contamination and therefore your gliders should see the vet at least twice a year for well visits. smile

Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: ] #793142
06/13/09 01:52 AM
06/13/09 01:52 AM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

I've had gliders for over 11 years and have never had a parasite issue. I have dogs and birds in the house (used to have cats). I use tap water (always have).

Gliders coming into the home go through quarentine and vet checks.

Parasites have never been an issue with my gliders (knock on wood it stays that way).

I brought this up because...WHAT IF, those meds are harmful to the gliders? Does anyone know if there are any long term effects with giving marsupials (specifically gliders) deworming meds that has not been developed or researched for them? All the "meds" on the market were developed for cats/dogs etc...not marsupials. And they are all chemicals. I can almost guarentee there has been no studies how these chemicals effects the gliders short or long term.

WHAT IF...the DE IS safe for the gliders, causes no harm, short or long term yet the question of using it is never asked because "it isn't what is normally used"?

I'm not saying everyone should jump and start giving the DE to their gliders as a preventive. But what IF we can get some vets to do the research and it is determined that the DE is a SAFE way to rid gliders of the parasites without the risk of chemical side effect?

Oh, and it isn't for detoxing the liver but getting rid of parasites. (detoxing implies removing toxins and heavy metals, not parasites)

I have NOT given DE to any of my gliders. But I do think this is worth investigating and worth trying to get vets to give their input on and even research it.

I do give it to my dogs, horses, chickens AND take it myself. Have for a week now. I've not had any side effects at all. One of my dogs has/had tapeworms. She is being given the DE and will go in for another fecal next week to see if they have cleared.

astronoc...thank you for posting about the Pet Pro. While I do not feed Pet Pro to my gliders, I do have some in my freezer as emergency food (Jim, the owner of Pet Pro does suggest soaking in juice/water to soften before use). It is interesting to know the DE is in that food. I may just have to contact him to ask his opinion of it and why he uses it in their food products.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: Dancing] #793159
06/13/09 06:38 AM
06/13/09 06:38 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
DEE, great comments!

I really want to express my opinion on all of this...LOL
I feel that investigating new ways to treat problems is a good thing but should be left to the experts...like vets, scientists and such. I certainly dont want to use my gliders for testing. HOWEVER....If your gliders have a problem and you want to try something new that has worked on other animals it MAY be a valid thing to try. I also always approve of using "natural" as opposed to man-made meds whenever possible. Again Yucca powder comes to mind for parasites, mentioned it elsewhere...no one seems to like the idea frown

As stated by Gretchen...we may already have messed up their digestion abit with what we feed them. And by Dee...acacia gum is good for them.

I feel if we attempt to improve diets we will see less problems even with parasites. When these gliders are in the wild there are dangers EVERYWHERE and yet they have survived. I think that sometimes we try to protect them TOO much and then they cant fight off anything that comes their way as their systems are so weakened. I am not saying here to just throw caution to the wind! I dont let strangers touch ANY of my pets...unless they wash first, and when I come home from work I shower and change my clothes before I play with them, But I also think that SOME exposure is good as it strengthens the immune system. A weak digestion would fail with parasites, but PERHAPS a stronger one can fight it off better with less damage. this is true of "germs" as well. people and animals that are exposed more often have stronger systems.
well...I guess that is my 1cent worth

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: JillMarie] #812845
07/28/09 01:12 AM
07/28/09 01:12 AM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
I asked Dr. Ness today about the DE for parasite control. They sell a powder there that contains Diatom flour amoung other ingredients "Buck Mountian Herbal Gold" is the brand, its called "parasite dust for animals" Parasite dust info . It is used to treat fleas, ticks, mites and more, it is used EXTERNALLY You dust it on them, or on your carpets. It's 100% organic as well. (Remember that Dr. Ness practices holistic medicine also, he owns his own practice Ness Exotic Wellness Center and raised gliders himself years ago).

Dr. Ness said that the DE/parasite dust will only work for the external parasites. Injesting it will NOT take care of any internal parasites. He said that the parsite dusting powder they sell there will not hurt them if they happen to groom it off and injest some, however there are other things in it as well.

The DE used in Pet Pro food is there as a preservative. According to Dr. Ness is not harmful to the gliders in the food.

I do not know if pure DE would hurt them or not, from some of the things I've read it seems they sould not injest it, but apparently it is okay if it's in a mixture and injusted in small amount. Since it's not going to do anything there is no point to give it internally anyway. So there you go, sorry it took me so long to get the info.

:leu: Sugaree Gliders :rtmo:

Simba, Nala, Rain, Snow & Sugaree

Shadowdancer, Sugar Magnolia, Sunshine Daydream, Winter, Twinkle, Twilight, Everlette, Sparkle, Polar Bear, Indigo & Willow

Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: SugareeErin] #812852
07/28/09 01:32 AM
07/28/09 01:32 AM
Dancing Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Erin.

Thanks for talking to your vet about it. I know that after giving the DE to the dogs, they are now free of internal parasites (per fecal exams) where as before we had a big problem with tape worms. Living out here where I do, my dogs often bring home coyote kill left overs. Internal parasites are a huge issue.

Perhaps the DE being 100% DE just works differently/better than the "Buck Mountian Herbal Gold" which contains other things. Not sure but it sure has worked with the dogs.

I have not given any to any of my gliders and will NOT as a type of preventative. Knock on wood that I never have to treat for parasites with the gliders at all. (with the DE or any other thing)

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: Dancing] #812859
07/28/09 01:43 AM
07/28/09 01:43 AM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
dunno

Your welcome! Maybe it has to do with their metabolism? I had asked about the DE specifically that's when he brought out the powder since it contained diatoms. He seemed very sure internal injestion would not do anything, and had explained how it works, which was already mentioned on this thread so I left it out. I did not ask for any research or how he was so sure but jut trusted in his opinion so thats all I got on it.

:leu: Sugaree Gliders :rtmo:

Simba, Nala, Rain, Snow & Sugaree

Shadowdancer, Sugar Magnolia, Sunshine Daydream, Winter, Twinkle, Twilight, Everlette, Sparkle, Polar Bear, Indigo & Willow

Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: SugareeErin] #815372
08/01/09 04:48 AM
08/01/09 04:48 AM

J
JVMK
Unregistered
JVMK
Unregistered
J

Can anyone point to a page that shows the proper dosage for cats, dogs, and humans?

Re: Diatomaceous Earth... [Re: ] #815421
08/01/09 10:01 AM
08/01/09 10:01 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
Had a mishap in my house with Diatomaceous earth. I used it in my glider room under all the moulding hoping to deter the slugs from coming in (mixed it with salt) and then I caulked all around so the gliders couldnt get to it. well one brave little insect (dont even know what it was) some how braved the DE/salt found a small hole and got in the room. Of course I checked the room before bringing in the gliders....but...somehow missed this one tiny bug and Arwen found it and ate it before I could stop her. I got a glimps of the dusted bug before she gobbled him up happily. she shook her head a bit after wards like trying to rid herself of the taste, but at this point what can I do? so she is being observed CLOSELY the next few days and will post here what happens. PRAYING ernestly no bad effects. was so happy to have a "glider room" but so far it has been a nightmare.

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Feather), 223 guests, and 92 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,373
Posts159,151
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,402 TEXAS
678,934 OHIO
487,002 OKLAHOMA
431,991 UTAH
321,556 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024