Pennsylvania requires a permit for wild life ownership. Please call Pennsylvania Game Commission for permit details. Their website can be found at http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/
The following is from Chapter 29. Special Licenses and Permits, Subchapter D. Permits Relating to Wildlife, Sec. 2963. Exotic wildlife possession permits.
(a) Authorization. - The commission may issue permits to persons to possess exotic wildlife which shall authorize the holder to purchase, receive or possess exotic wildlife from any lawful source from within or without 1 this Commonwealth.
(b) Shelter, care and protection. - No permit provided for in this section shall be granted until the commission is satisfied that the provisions for housing and caring for such exotic wildlife and for protecting the public are proper and adequate and in accordance with the standards established by the commission.
(c) Unlawful acts. - It is unlawful for any person to:
(1) Possess, purchase or receive exotic wildlife, without first securing a permit to possess exotic wildlife issued under this section or regulations pertaining to this section.
(2) Release exotic wildlife into the wild.
(3) Fail to exercise due care in safeguarding the public from attack by exotic wildlife.
(4) Recklessly engage in conduct which places or may place another person in danger of attack by exotic wildlife.
(d) Penalty. -
(1) A violation of this section relating to permits is a summary offense of the third degree.
(2) Any other violation of this section is a summary offense of the fifth degree.
(3) Each day of violation shall constitute a separate offense, but under no circumstances shall the accumulated penalty for purposes of a field receipt exceed $300. There shall be no limit on any accumulated penalty a court may assess.
(e) Discretion of director. - In addition to the penalties provided, the director may, for any violation of this section, revoke or suspend any permit and order the disposal of any exotic wildlife held. Cross References. Section 2963 is referred to in section 2965 of this title.