Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How To - Adding Pics to Posts #1199672
12/03/11 04:59 PM
12/03/11 04:59 PM
IL (St. Louis area)
StitchsMom Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
StitchsMom  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

IL (St. Louis area)
This is going to be a two-part tutorial on adding pictures to your threads. To view larger versions of any of the pictures in this tutorial, right click on them and select View Image or Open in New Tab.

There are two ways to add pictures to your threads. The first way is by using the file manager provided right here on GliderCENTRAL. You must be in the full reply screen to see this option.

Click on File Manager

A new window will open that looks like this:

Click Browse:

Go to your pictures folder and select (double click) the image you want to add to the File Manager:

This will add your photo to the file manager. If you like, you can click on the box and add your own description or caption for your photo. This step is optional. When finished, click on Add File.

You will see where your picture has been uploaded. There is also a remove option here in case you goofed and selected the wrong photo or if you change your mind. Simply click remove to remove it.

If you want more than one picture added, just repeat the previous steps. You can upload up to five photos into the file manager in every forum except the classifieds. Classifieds limit the uploads via the file manager to two. Keep this in mind when posting and using the file manager. If you try to upload more than the set limit, you will encounter an error. The file manager will list all the pics it has ready to add to your post.

Click on Done Adding Files:

Now, next to File Manager in your post, it will tell you how many files (pics) it has ready to add to your post. At this point, you can still click on file manager to go back into the manager and remove files or add different files.

Click Submit to submit your thread. The pic(s) you added to the manager will appear as clickable links. If you added descriptions or captions, they will appear below the actual file name.

So, that's the first way to add pics. The direct link tutorial is below.

~*~Jenny and the fur kids~*~
>>> Sugar Glider Slave <<<
Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: How To - Adding Pics to Posts [Re: StitchsMom] #1199673
12/03/11 05:05 PM
12/03/11 05:05 PM
IL (St. Louis area)
StitchsMom Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
StitchsMom  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

IL (St. Louis area)
This is all about how to add pictures using an IMG code. Once you get the hang of it, this is a very quick and easy way to upload a photo to your post.

This method does require that you use a picture hosting site such as Photobucket (which is what I will use for this tutorial). Just a reminder that you can right click and select View Image or Open in New Tab to see the full-size of any image in this tutorial.

Go to your hosting site and click upload:

Click Select Photos and Videos:

Select the photo you want to upload. You can select multiple pics at this point by holding Control as you choose your pictures. For the sake of this tutorial, I will only be using one.

Click on View Album:

Once in your album (again, this is using Photobucket), you can hover over the picture and little links appear below the pic. You want the IMG code! Click on it to copy it in photobucket. Now, go to your post and click paste. Once this code is pasted into your post, your pic has been added!

There are other ways of doing this, but I find this way to be the most direct and simple. You can click on a picture in your photobucket album and find the same IMG code on the right side of the screen and use that as well.

You can also use the direct link. Let's say you have a picture on Facebook that you want to share. Go to that picture and open it in a new tab or window. Right click on the picture and click on View Image Info:

A new window opens. Copy the location of the picture (make sure to get the entire thing!):

Now, go back to your post here on GliderCENTRAL and select the enter an image icon:

Select the way you want your pic to post. Most choose the top option (Insert a non-floating image). This produces pictures as seen in this tutorial. Paste the address you copied previously (control + V) into the box and click okay. This will add your picture directly to the post!

I hope this tutorial helps out with how to add pictures to posts. I know it may look complicated at first glance, but I promise that it gets really easy with just a little practice. wink

Good luck and enjoy sharing pictures!

Last edited by StitchsMom; 12/03/11 05:35 PM.

Re: How To - Adding Pics to Posts [Re: StitchsMom] #1199700
12/03/11 06:03 PM
12/03/11 06:03 PM
Gibson City, IL
JanetGlider Offline
Glider Slave
JanetGlider  Offline
Glider Slave

Gibson City, IL
I have never understood why using File Manager is limited to 2 photos in Classified Ads where all other forums allow 5 photos?

I do not use Photobucket or Facebook and do not understand them. Is there a reason why the number of photos cannot be increased in the Classified forums? I often have several joeys to list under White Variations and can only add 2 photos?

Very curious?? Could that rule be looked at? smile

Last edited by JanetGlider; 12/03/11 06:07 PM.

JanetGlider

PH: 217-249-3243

Email: janetbusick@gmail.com

Love all of my special pets: Sugar Gliders, Dogs, & Sun
Conure Parrot
Re: How To - Adding Pics to Posts [Re: StitchsMom] #1199701
12/03/11 06:10 PM
12/03/11 06:10 PM
IL (St. Louis area)
StitchsMom Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
StitchsMom  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

IL (St. Louis area)
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the limit was made so small in classifieds because that is the forum where people almost always add pics. Without a limit, there can be an overwhelming number of pics added to a member's ad. The file manager is actually GC hosting the images. It can slow us down to be hosting so many images. To keep them under control, a minimal limit was set.

Also, a lot of breeders will post pics in GliderTalk of their joeys. Having five of them hosted through the file manager there and then again in an ad can add up quick. So, it's a smaller limit in the ads because many pics end up in GliderTalk anyway.

If you use the IMG code method I posted above, you can add up to ten, I believe. After that, the image preview does not show although the link will still appear.

If you do not feel comfortable using a method other than the file manager, you can always add your two best pics using the file manager and then suggest that the members PM or email you to see more if they are interested in a glider. thumb

Again, if I'm totally off base here, someone correct me!!!

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024