Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
What happened? #1373744
07/11/14 06:42 PM
07/11/14 06:42 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Sitting here wondering tonight, whatever happened to the Sugar Glider Community?

Years ago when it all began (at least for me), the 'community' itself was a much closer, family oriented place to be. Yes, we had our arguments with one another and not everyone agreed on things, but in the end we agreed to disagree. Yes, there were some, that no matter what, just did not like one another, but again, even with the dislike between each other, in the end there was still some sort of respect for one another. And if help was needed, EVERYONE came together and put those feelings behind, even if it were just a for a short while.

People knew how to agree to disagree.

There was no bullying mentality. No, "I'm better than you" syndromes and definitely no "my way is the only way" even though everyone was passionate with the way they did what they did.

Today there is more hatred and bullying mentality in this group of animals that I have ever witnessed in any animal group.

If you dont have lineage, you are automatically attacked. You are not asked if you know the importance of proper lineage, you are not asked if anyone has ever went over lineage with you, you are just automatically placed on the chopping block and like vultures circling in the air looking for their next meal, all of a sudden you have a handful of people chewing you out and telling you how awful you are.

If you dont agree on diet it is the same thing. Yes, diet has always been a heated topic, but these days it is so much worse.

Cages and toys and wheels, well heaven forbid if you start off with a smaller size cage. People will tell you that you are torturing the glider and you have no right to own one. If you choose to use a certain type of pouch over another and someone doesnt like something about it because it could be a 'possible' danger you are told to hurry up and get it out of your cage. Well guess what folks, anything and everything, including the cage itself can be a danger.

And then there is bonding. It has went from educating people and telling people to take their time with gliders to people not telling new owners anything and these new owners get discouraged because they think they are going to have an instant bond with their new pet. After all, they seen the pics and videos, they seen how sweet the animal was at your home. Then they get it home and the animal is crabbing and when you try to explain to them the animal has just left all the surroundings it is accustomed to and where it felt safe to new sights and smells and will need time to adjust you are accused of having bad joeys and you never spend time with them.... and the joeys wind up getting rehomed.

The sugar glider world is just in a totally different place than it was when I entered it back in 2003. I honestly thought that things would get better as we learned new things about the gliders. But nope, it has only gotten worse.

People cannot have these little animals to love and adore anymore and share stories because when they do they are criticized for one thing or another and it is just very sad.

The once family atmosphere has now turned into a Hatfield and McCoys.... where does that leave new owners and the sugar glider??

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Loveďż˝ Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1373751
07/11/14 07:25 PM
07/11/14 07:25 PM
fayetteville nc
N
nick Offline
Joey Member
nick  Offline
Joey Member
N

fayetteville nc
I so :agreed: its been 5 years sense I've been. Back and wow but what can u do

Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1373754
07/11/14 08:23 PM
07/11/14 08:23 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
It is a terrible situation. I am trying to educate people, I give them all the diets and let them choose what will fit with their lifestyle. Telling them the only good diet is the diet your gliders will eat. If they won't eat it, then the diet isn't good for your gliders.

Then the new people get on facebook and they get ripped apart. Not to sound like a certain seller we know, but maybe we should be telling the new owners to stay off of facebook.

The forums are a much better place for new and old owners alike. Facebook has become a very hostile place.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1373771
07/11/14 09:20 PM
07/11/14 09:20 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
I still see the glider community as a good place, but I do tell new owners to stay off of FaceBook. I send them here.

GliderCENTRAL is where I learned everything I know about sugar gliders. GliderCENTRAL is where I have become real life friends with other glider owners. GliderCENTRAL is where I call "home".

GliderCENTRAL will always remain a safe haven, if you will, for the glider community. We welcome all people here so long as you treat each other with respect (and follow our simple 8 rules). We are truly here to help.

I don't care where you bought your gliders, I don't care what size your cage is or what diet you feed, or what wheel you use. Will I educate you on those topics if I feel its needed? Absolutely! But I'm not here to condemn anyone for the choices they made. We all live and learn.

I would do anything to see the newbies and experienced owners to utilize the forums over FaceBook. I know FB has some really handy features, but I'll take the ambiance of GliderCENTRAL over those conveniences any day. smile

Shelly

Don't sacrifice quality information for convenient information.

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: What happened? [Re: GliderNursery] #1373802
07/11/14 10:58 PM
07/11/14 10:58 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
I really haven't found GC to be that hostile, sure there have been a few "cut throat" threads that are heated and accusatory, but I personally haven't seen that many attacks. I've read a few here in there since I've joined this forum but not being here years ago, I can't compare fairly, but it doesn't seem that bad to me. Perhaps one is too many, but you will get that on occasions when you mix a large group of people together at times.

I agree we should strive as a community and refrain from attacking someone because they weren't aware of one thing or another, and I feel for the most part, that's how we are, helping each other and sharing with each other.

I'm comfortable here at GC, more so the fb, to me fb is a place where I keep up with my family mostly, not a community to me. I've been on other forums and I found myself gravitating to this one over and over and here is where I spend most of my computer time (well, maybe not when I'm researching something really important, and when I start some classes), but I spend more time on GC than fb and any other website.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
R.I.P. Lulu (2/28/12-10/13/17)
R.I.P. Skadoosh (2/28/12-3/26/18)
Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1373805
07/11/14 11:31 PM
07/11/14 11:31 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
Agreed Terry, we don't have that type of environment here on GliderCENTRAL - and that's the way we want to keep it! Like I said, this is a 'safe haven'.

Shelly

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1373822
07/12/14 10:00 AM
07/12/14 10:00 AM
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Greeley, CO
Since I joined in 2007, there has always been hostile situations and fighting and backstabbing and threats and anger and hatred, but it has definitely gotten worse all around. Or is it just more obvious now because it is all over facebook and not contained in one or two forums? I don't know. frown I like to think that the vast majority are good people who, no matter what the conflicts are, would still help others and their gliders in need. I know I would. I don't hate anyone and I have problems with very few people. I'm sure people are sick of hearing it, but I have always said that I can like or love a person and not like or love some of the things they say and do or how they act at times. I also forgive pretty darn easily and always give people the benefit of the doubt... although, sometimes I need to calm down a bit first, depending on the situation...lol.

Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove
Gliders: Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa
Dogs: Nacho & Dory
RIP my glider angels: Nynaeve, Poppy, Lan, Toffee, Zoey, Tika & Tas

mlove

www.sugargroup.org

Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1373875
07/13/14 12:15 AM
07/13/14 12:15 AM
Albany, New York
Typhoonkitty Offline
Glider Lover
Typhoonkitty  Offline
Glider Lover

Albany, New York
Facebook is definitely more of a highschool setting that anything else. I made mention of "rescuing" jasper from a pet store and got ripped apart for it, saying that you can't rescue from pet stores because buying from pet stores just encourages them. I was like wow... Really? Grow up... But whatever. I got more important things to do than fight over words or technicalities on fb. Like playing tug-o-war with Jasper and answering Buster's summons.

"There are no happy endings because nothing ends."

Mom/Slave to three kitties:
Hemitite, Miki, and Shade

And two gliders:
Jasper and Kiki

Over the Rainbow: Buster (12/16/14)
Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1373880
07/13/14 10:56 AM
07/13/14 10:56 AM
in the void
M
mechnut450 Offline
Glider Guardian
mechnut450  Offline
Glider Guardian
M

in the void
Sadly it become the norm to attack people that are new to the hobby( pets or any interest)they have. I admit I not a pro at anything I learned to rehash what I learned and found that works. I have people at work and outside of work ask me questions all the time. I often tell people the pocket pet stuff, and I point out to them like anything they shop for or plan on buying to do research and to gather their info and make an informed choice.

I know on a couple reptile forums that the New (think they know it alls) are the ones to bash and scare off the people just starting to get into the hobby

I point people here to ask questions and to read up ( I never limit my studying to a single company or site) just cause the information might be outdated or stretched to make them look like they know it all. I mean I have a glider that love the Hpw diet and eat most of their veggies but man they destroy the pocket pet pellets. but don't care for the ( I think it called ) exotic nutrition mix they only eat the fruit out of it and leave the actually pellets ( or fling them out of the food bowl)

Bowie,Misha :leu:
Peso, Bemo :rtmo:

Kahless :rtmo:

rehomed and missed Sasha, Sammi, Elda,
:rbridge: Momo, Sterling , Vino, Freya, Leeloo,
Muffin our first true fur master
Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1373902
07/13/14 11:58 PM
07/13/14 11:58 PM
Texas
G
glidergrannytx Offline
glidergrannytx  Offline
G

Texas
To be honest, I love forums. I love to soak up information and read to learn. Most of the time i can find my answer with the search. I am very scared to ask questions just because of the way people are And i dont like drama. I am new to sugar gliders. The information i have found on here has been wonderful. With that being said i know i will never hit my quota.

Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1373904
07/14/14 03:35 AM
07/14/14 03:35 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
What happened? Me-ism (this is a fulfilled prophecy by the way).

The death of Natural Affection.
The death of Common Sense.

and Facebook is the death of forums.

On facebook there are no consequences for your behavior the way it is on forums that are strictly moderated. So the kids go chaotic. Anarchy.

Just my perspective and 2 cents.

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: What happened? [Re: glidergrannytx] #1373912
07/14/14 10:18 AM
07/14/14 10:18 AM
Long Island, NY
yiyo Offline
Serious Glideritis
yiyo  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Long Island, NY
Originally Posted By: glidergrannytx
I am very scared to ask questions just because of the way people are And i dont like drama.

Please don't be afraid to ask questions on here. We always encourage it. There is no dumb question! And everyone here is usually very eager to help.

I think Facebook can be a hostile place and cause some sort of drama for just about anyone. That's why I'm not on it at all. GliderCENTRAL provides the environment and ability to learn without all the negativity. I wish all new owners could be directed here.

Last edited by yiyo; 07/14/14 10:21 AM.

Alyssa

"Moving on is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard."
Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1373913
07/14/14 11:43 AM
07/14/14 11:43 AM
montana
C
CassaWho Offline
Joey Member
CassaWho  Offline
Joey Member
C

montana
I have always been treated with so much kindness here which as a semi new glider mom I always appreciated

Mamma to 1 suger glider Casanova
Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1373924
07/14/14 03:04 PM
07/14/14 03:04 PM
Texas
G
glidergrannytx Offline
glidergrannytx  Offline
G

Texas
I havent been treated bad. Do to bad experiences in other groups I am still trying to feel confortable to ask questions.

Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1373925
07/14/14 03:09 PM
07/14/14 03:09 PM
Albuquerque,nm
dinah505 Offline
Glider Lover
dinah505  Offline
Glider Lover

Albuquerque,nm
I know that it is discouraging to a lot of hobby breeders to get on some forums because it is just asking for judgment. However this forum saved my relationship with my first glider and now I have a trio that breeds and I do it because I love the joeys. I am thinking of retiring my trio and getting another pair because I am worried about how much they actually breed and these are my friends I don't want them to get burnt out. I still come here for advise and I don't know everything so I come here to people who often offer great advise. I don't feel comfortable on very many more forums

Dinah
Mom to Boo. Critter ,Professor Nippy,Beautiful AKA BO ,Tweety,Ula.Kiah, and Bratty Daphne
Glide Free Audrey
Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1373933
07/14/14 03:52 PM
07/14/14 03:52 PM
Fort Myers, Florida
JenK Offline
Glider Explorer
JenK  Offline
Glider Explorer

Fort Myers, Florida
Just to add to the conversation, I felt very welcomed and found others that were quite willing to take me under their wing with all of my questions. I have only been a memeber since Feb. 2014- I don't know what I would have done without this forum. I wish there were more gatherings in my state.

I know I am not the many, but I always mention this forum when talking about my gliders to others.

Thanks to all here!!

Jen

Oscar & Olly
:bb: :grey:
Chip :rbridge:
Dale, Adam, & Abel
:grey: :grey: :bb:
Re: What happened? [Re: yiyo] #1373975
07/15/14 12:49 AM
07/15/14 12:49 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
Originally Posted By: yiyo

Please don't be afraid to ask questions on here. We always encourage it. There is no dumb question! And everyone here is usually very eager to help.

TRUTH!

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1374025
07/15/14 05:33 PM
07/15/14 05:33 PM
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Greeley, CO
I always tell people to join GC and TSS to learn more about gliders - they will always be better than the facebook groups, in my opinion.

Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove
Gliders: Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa

mlove

www.sugargroup.org

Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1374061
07/15/14 11:05 PM
07/15/14 11:05 PM
most beautiful place on earth
Gliderbuff Offline
Glider Slave
Gliderbuff  Offline
Glider Slave

most beautiful place on earth
I have been with GC for many many years, and seen lots of bickering and drama, but I can say without judgement that I learned everything I know about gliders here! I was sent here by the breeder I have always gone to for joey care and advice.

I love this forum and it's members, but we all must recognize that there will always be growing pains, and as this forum and it's members and the community grow, there are going to be adjustments between 'oldies' and the newer members.

This forum is where I send new owners who need to gather information and share experiences. Also, every now and then there are people (like ME) who need to vent and I am proud to see that most of these are kept to a reasonable tone.

While this forum is made by it's members, the ones who keep it going and are dedicated to it's upkeep are the 'staff' (mods, admin, owner) that keep it safe.

This site is one I firmly believe in, and I love it and all the things it offers. What happens, I believe, is specific to the site. FB is cool for general info, and keeping people in touch, but I think that GC will always be the place where any generation can come and be better for it.

These are growing pains. Those are never easy, but they can be overcome. We all just need to relax and see that these things happen when a community starts to grow.

I love GC. I always will. The memories I have are so precious and I look forward to more.

so, keeping the gliders at the center, let's enjoy them and share what we know and what we learn. We slaves have the wonderful joy of discovering just how incredible they are.

That's my take on things. Thanks for reading!

Live Deliberately...
Initiate Change...

I believe in argument for the purpose of individual revelation.

Be overly kind, for everyone you meet is in some kind of battle.
Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1374086
07/16/14 09:27 AM
07/16/14 09:27 AM
Kilgore, Texas
Cora Offline
Serious Glideritis
Cora  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kilgore, Texas
I have been with GC for a few years. Found it when my Rocky was bought from Canton and after 4 days of having him he got sick, people on GC helped me and got me through it. I have learned a lot here and helped a few along the way, I hope. This forum link is on my website! smile I only belong to non drama groups on FB. They became time wasters as I have lots of suggies to love on so cant be arguing and upset lol. GC and the other large forum will be strong for years to come.

USDA Licensed Breeder
903-808-1142

http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm
Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1374314
07/19/14 09:41 AM
07/19/14 09:41 AM
Lafayette, Louisiana
Soren Offline
Joey Member
Soren  Offline
Joey Member

Lafayette, Louisiana
I guess I lucked out because I started here and this is where I've stayed for all of my glider needs. I know it's been a few months since I've posted but it's not because I don't like the forum....I've just been busy working and taking care of my gliders smile
Y'all have never made me feel scared to ask questions and the only drama threads I've read are the ones that expose bad business owners, which I feel is justified. As a new owner, I need to know who to stay away from.
I've been on different types of forums in the past, non-glider related forums, and every single one of them treated people horribly, so I was apprehensive when I joined this one. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this was a very welcoming environment. I've received nothing but friendly replies and encouraging words of wisdom from you all and I can't thank you enough.
So to the veterans of this community trying to make it a better place - please know that your efforts have not been in vain. I have never been part of a more civilized, welcoming, purposeful forum. It's because of you that I've had such a smooth transition into becoming a sugar mom. Me and my very happy sugar babies thank you for that!

Last edited by Soren; 07/19/14 09:43 AM.

Emily

:grey: :rtmo:
Charlotte Genevieve
Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1374319
07/19/14 10:20 AM
07/19/14 10:20 AM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
clap thanks

Shelly

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: What happened? [Re: GliderNursery] #1374325
07/19/14 11:21 AM
07/19/14 11:21 AM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
I am so glad to see all the replies since I have been gone.

Yes, GC is a great place to come and learn and the bullying is not visualized here as it is on all the many facebook groups.

Now if only we can get all those folks that are in those facebook groups to start adding a link to GC in them when they see someone being ripped apart (which unfortunately happens on just about a daily basis) maybe we can start educating the way we used to instead of the having the mentality out there it is my way or no way.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1374376
07/19/14 09:10 PM
07/19/14 09:10 PM
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Greeley, CO
Sadly, I know way too many people who, apparently, just don't care about others anymore. Whether it is lying, scamming, name-calling, threats, etc. There are some people who are so caught up in their own lives, pride, enterprises, whatever...that they don't even seem to want to hear any real feedback if it isn't completely positive, just that whatever they are doing or supporting is wonderful and great. Newbies and long-time community members, alike. It makes me so sad. frown What happened to for the good of the glider?

Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove

mlove

www.sugargroup.org

Re: What happened? [Re: Usha77] #1374622
07/22/14 10:04 PM
07/22/14 10:04 PM
Lafayette, Louisiana
Soren Offline
Joey Member
Soren  Offline
Joey Member

Lafayette, Louisiana
Originally Posted By: Usha77
I always tell people to join GC and TSS to learn more about gliders - they will always be better than the facebook groups, in my opinion.

what is TSS?

Emily

:grey: :rtmo:
Charlotte Genevieve
Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1374713
07/24/14 12:47 AM
07/24/14 12:47 AM
Champaign Co., Illinois
Berg Offline
Glider Lover
Berg  Offline
Glider Lover

Champaign Co., Illinois
I'm a little late to the discussion, but thought I would throw my 2 cents in. We have been on GC for just about 5 years. We found it when we were looking for information about gliders (our son had just purchased one and we knew nothing) and it's been our "go to" resource ever since (and now we have five of our own). We've looked at other forums but have always preferred GC.

My participation has waned in the last year or so for a variety of reasons, and when returning not too long ago I was surprised how few of the "old timers" (for lack of a better description - sorry smile ) were active any more.

I have been using Facebook for a few years, but only recently discovered the Sugar Glider Fanatics group. There's lots of participation, but sometimes it seems, well, frantic.

Will Facebook replace forums? Maybe to a certain extent, but I don't think so. Facebook is still in some respects the wild west. Your identity is there for all to see, but as a few have pointed out there aren't always consequences for bad behavior. You can say what you want and who knows who is credible?

One advantage, a big one, I think, to forums such as GC is structure and organization. It makes it easier to find information about your specific issue. If I have a question about bonding I can go to the bonding forum for information. It's likely that there will be someone with experience to answer my question. I don't have to sift through various FB posts about other topics I'm not interested in. A certain amount of the information is archived in GC and will always be available.

In partial answer to Peggy's question, I think one big reason for changes is that the community has greatly expanded in the last few years as gliders have become more popular. It's no longer the (relatively) small group of glider owners that were around 5 or 6 years ago. I also think the polarization in society these days is spilling over into areas beyond politics. It's becoming an attitude. Lots of people think their opinion is the only one.

I'm not sure why this seems to be worse with the glider community - I don't have any experience with other groups to know the difference. And as far as forums are concerned, GC is it for me.

I've started to respond to some posts on SGF on Facebook, and will try to remember to include a link to GC when I can. I noticed a few people doing that already.

Other than that, the best we can do is set a good example here on GC and wherever we discuss sugar gliders, on Facebook or other forums.

-Steve-

:grey: Sprite, Misty, Ghost, and Bandit

and all those who have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge
gangel Virga, Cirrus, Foehn, Pascal, Flurry, Case, Rossby, Breeze, and CB

The Glider Chronicles blog
Re: What happened? [Re: Soren] #1374715
07/24/14 07:31 AM
07/24/14 07:31 AM
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Greeley, CO
Originally Posted By: Soren
Originally Posted By: Usha77

what is TSS?

The Sweet Spot. Link is in my signature. smile

Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove

mlove

www.sugargroup.org

Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1376943
08/30/14 01:14 PM
08/30/14 01:14 PM
Massachusetts
Hamlet Offline
Joey Member
Hamlet  Offline
Joey Member

Massachusetts
To give a similar perspective from a new, yet frightfully inquisitive, member:
I have asked many questions and always received calm and candid answers. Though in any community there is friction, and with every person their agenda, I have felt welcomed here. I prescribe to no ideological, political, or methodological principles and therefore cannot impose on others anything but the weight of the responsibility of general pet ownership. It is my honest opinion that what is most vulgar and disagreeable about the internet is it's lack of personal responsibility, it's lack of appropriate consequence, to which careful moderation is a most welcomed remedy.

Facebook is indeed the death of sensibility, and places like these are safe havens, "pouches" if you will, for which we may climb into and groom one another toward a common goal. That goal, however difficult, however illusory, is and has always been an increase of knowledge. We sometimes forget why a thing began, and losing sight of that can be a tragedy both for you and those in your care. This is a place teeming with possibility, and though sometimes that potential is wasted in juvenile conflicts and puerile retorts, I think overall the atmosphere hasn't changed. This forum is about Sugar Gliders. I think this is what people forget, and something we would all do well to remember.

Last edited by Hamlet; 08/30/14 01:15 PM.

Trust is the quintessential bond, it is the foundation from which love thrives.

Discipline must be learned before desire is to be filled.

Patience is the eloquence of nature, and maturity of thought.
Re: What happened? [Re: Hamlet] #1376945
08/30/14 02:45 PM
08/30/14 02:45 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
I think overall the atmosphere hasn't changed. This forum is about Sugar Gliders. I think this is what people forget, and something we would all do well to remember.

You as a 'new member' makes me curious as to how you would know if the atmosphere has changed or not. Unfortunately, I do disagree, as many years ago the closeness of owners around the states was much more than today.

Just something that caught my eye. grin

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: What happened? [Re: Srlb] #1376947
08/30/14 04:26 PM
08/30/14 04:26 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
TSG Offline
Joey Member
TSG  Offline
Joey Member

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Srlb
You as a 'new member' makes me curious as to how you would know if the atmosphere has changed or not

Here we go…

I only have one thing to add:
Many of us LEFT this forum and re-registered years later!
So a "new member" might not be that "new"

I was here years ago and get crapped on by many so I left. Also it felt like I'm snooping in on some private conversations!
There were many threads that included 3-4 people carry on a private conversation that had nothing to do with gliders or information about gliders, but rather discussing family, friends and uncle Ted.
It was becoming annoying when I was posting a question and all of the sudden I have people having a "private joke" about it, but got no answer! I felt like an idiot for even bother asking so I stopped and didn't come back for years.
I re-registered only a few month ago to see if things improved and in some ways it has, other ways it hasn't.

When questions are not being answered with proper reasoning and explanation no wonder information is getting lost!

I still have tons of questions and/or don't have experience in certain topics and that's the very reason why I came back as I really don't want to learn the "hard way"!

Thank you for reading my post!

Toronto Sugar Glider
www.torontosugarglider.com
The home of gorgeous bundles of joeys!
:plat: :grey: :rtmo: :leu:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,547 TEXAS
679,062 OHIO
487,124 OKLAHOMA
432,131 UTAH
321,659 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024