Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
New odor issue?? #1413309
12/08/17 07:37 PM
12/08/17 07:37 PM
Illinois
A
AlyCatz Offline OP
Out of Pouch
AlyCatz  Offline OP
Out of Pouch
A

Illinois
Sometimes my glider has good days with minimal smell, others bad. LATELY though, he has had a constant stronger smell to him. I haven't been doing anything different care wise, and when I do clean his drop tray, that doesn't create the urge to mark more for my glider. I can see him grooming consistently when I pouch and observe him, so he's obviously trying to keep up his cleanliness. This literally came out of NOWHERE. I use Elimina on his food to (hopefully) help with this weird random odor issue, but it has failed me ever since this just came up. I'm starting to think this is not food related, but rather an issue inside my glider perhaps? A blocked tract? Something? I'm not a vet, so I can't diagnosis him, but I'm wondering what is up with him. Any thoughts? Ideas? I should probably mention he was a pet store glider and he could very well be inbred. He's about 5-6 years old.

Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: New odor issue?? [Re: AlyCatz] #1413310
12/08/17 08:15 PM
12/08/17 08:15 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
A couple of questions:

Is he neutered?

Does his urine smell strong?

Do you clean everything at once or spread it out cleaning something different each week?

What kind of wheel do you have?

With a sudden increase in the smell, I would say a vet visit is in order.

I would have him checked for parasites and a Urinary Tract Infection.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: AlyCatz] #1413313
12/08/17 10:27 PM
12/08/17 10:27 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
What diet are you offering?

Why use the Elimina? I, personally, would never use a product like that to try to lessen the smell of an animal not knowing what it is going to do to their organs as they are filtering it through.

If your glider is on a balanced and nutritional diet plan, there should be almost completely no smell. (no animal has no smell at all).

I have 30 gliders in my home, nobody knows it when they walk in even though they are in the room immediately to your right when you walk in the door.

If you are all of a sudden smelling ask yourself the following:

Have you cleaned the cage lately?
Are you cleaning too often?
Have you changed their diet plan?
what wheel are you using? wheels do hold in smell.
Do you have an intact male? Is he with a female? Are their other females near by?

Take glider in for a urinalysis.

Stop using the elimina

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: Srlb] #1413314
12/08/17 10:55 PM
12/08/17 10:55 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
I totally agree with the recommendations given.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
R.I.P. Lulu (2/28/12-10/13/17)
R.I.P. Skadoosh (2/28/12-3/26/18)
Re: New odor issue?? [Re: Feather] #1413315
12/09/17 01:53 AM
12/09/17 01:53 AM
Illinois
A
AlyCatz Offline OP
Out of Pouch
AlyCatz  Offline OP
Out of Pouch
A

Illinois
A couple of answers!

No, he is not. (I do know before you say anything that can contribute to the smell. But like I tried to explain, this is a different strong smell that he has never had up until now. He has been barley smelly and still intact.)

Yes...? I believe it is the urine I am smelling. When he gets up and I pouch him he (as he should do) uses the restroom. When he pees its a different strong odor than it normally is. I've never smelt this weird strong odor coming from my glider in his lifetime. I THINK the smell is his urine?? I could be wrong.

I spread out cleaning his cage so he doesn't over-mark everything. Currently, the drop cage is fairly new and clean, but his equipment could use a good wash. I plan on washing them when I am not as busy as I currently am.

I have a Silent Runner wheel. It does catch a lot of his nasty smells, but at the same time when I sniff at the glider it almost smells like a "fresh" strong odor. Its not a lingering musty scent a wheel may hold and rub off.

I've noticed the cage doesn't really have this smell. Its more of the glider himself.

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: Srlb] #1413316
12/09/17 02:11 AM
12/09/17 02:11 AM
Illinois
A
AlyCatz Offline OP
Out of Pouch
AlyCatz  Offline OP
Out of Pouch
A

Illinois
I switched from the BML diet to The Pet Glider Fresh diet a couple months ago. However, the smell did not come as I switched the diet. This new smell just came about within this week. He had been fine up until now.

He is a lone intact male sugar glider. (The answers to the other questions are in the other post I replied to.)

The Elimina will be stopped to see if this is a factor to the odd stink I'm getting from my glider.

Would fruits and veggies perhaps help the smell issue? I used to give him fruits and veggies with the BML diet since it was required to balance what the glider needed. From reading The Pet Glider Fresh diet, I did not see that it required them, and that if I used wheat germ within my recipe, I did not need to serve fruits and veggies with my diet?? I'm not sure if I read it correct, but in short, I have not been giving him his usual frozen fruits and vegetables. Should I start giving them to him again? Would it help any with the smell issue?

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: AlyCatz] #1413317
12/09/17 02:49 AM
12/09/17 02:49 AM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
I don't know anything about the Pet Glider diet, you need to feed it as directed with the vitamin/mineral stuff you sprinkle on the food.

If you feel it is the urine smell, you should take him to the vet and have him checked for a UTI.

Kimberley
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: Feather] #1413318
12/09/17 12:38 PM
12/09/17 12:38 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
I feel a vet checkup would be the best course of action to rule out anything or get treatment if needed.

I don't know very much about the TPG diet, I've looked at it numerous times, but to be honest I've always thought it a little more complicated.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: New odor issue?? [Re: Feather] #1413319
12/09/17 02:45 PM
12/09/17 02:45 PM
Illinois
A
AlyCatz Offline OP
Out of Pouch
AlyCatz  Offline OP
Out of Pouch
A

Illinois
I do!

I was afraid that was going to be the answer. I figured this as well, but it doesn't hurt to get others opinions! I guess its time for another vet call!

Thanks for the help!

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: Terry] #1413320
12/09/17 02:47 PM
12/09/17 02:47 PM
Illinois
A
AlyCatz Offline OP
Out of Pouch
AlyCatz  Offline OP
Out of Pouch
A

Illinois
Yeah, I had a feeling that would be the course of action needed at this point. I would rather be safe than sorry. It doesn't surprise me he has multiple health issues with how his breeders were...

I actually find it very fun to make his food blocks! I can't say why, its just satisfying to see all those racked up bagged up blocks. Almost like food legos!

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: AlyCatz] #1413322
12/09/17 04:10 PM
12/09/17 04:10 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Hoping all will be well, even if treatment is needed. Please keep us posted.

It's so sad that there are such ruthless breeders out there like that, no concerns for the animal's well being. Sorry for your glider, but at least he got you to look after and care for him.

Last edited by Terry; 12/09/17 04:10 PM.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: New odor issue?? [Re: Terry] #1413323
12/09/17 04:31 PM
12/09/17 04:31 PM
Illinois
A
AlyCatz Offline OP
Out of Pouch
AlyCatz  Offline OP
Out of Pouch
A

Illinois
I will! I called the vet after my last posts and of course I was a minute too late to make an appointment, but thats okay. He's still acting very healthy and they will certainly call me back! I guess this is a mini-update by saying that I tested his scent gland to see if it was gland secretion smell with a quick rub of my finger. Currently, his gland isn't stinky. I think I can say its not that. In fact, he isn't scenting at the moment. He isn't making a smell from his head gland. I am starting to believe it is indeed his urine but because he is running on his wheel, eating, and drinking, I may give it one more day to determine if it is a true emergency, including some advice from the vet when she calls back tomorrow. He has to wait regardless, all the nearby vets have closed early since its Saturday.

Also, I figured I should ask this since I'm not too sure where I should place it within the forums: If I'm looking for reputable glider breeders that could perhaps email with me about some future joeys/breeding pair they could sell to me, where would I place the post? I do not have Facebook (yet) and I only have email and texting.

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: AlyCatz] #1413324
12/09/17 04:57 PM
12/09/17 04:57 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
There are reputable breeders that offer "breeding prices" for some gliders. Check the breeder database, it can be found at the bottom of this thread, under the links below (privacy statement, board rules, ect.)'in blue print. Lol, I forgot, you can also click on the hyperlink word in blue breeders.

Last edited by Terry; 12/09/17 04:59 PM.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: New odor issue?? [Re: Terry] #1413325
12/09/17 05:26 PM
12/09/17 05:26 PM
Illinois
A
AlyCatz Offline OP
Out of Pouch
AlyCatz  Offline OP
Out of Pouch
A

Illinois
I found the breeders! However, its hard for me to say who is reputable unless you get recommendations or testimonies from people who bought from the place. The only place I know that is considered very reputable is The Pet Glider, but some prices for their gliders are crazy high! (probably their genetic value)

I guess I'll just have to keep on saving money to obtain the breeding pair I would like...hey, did you see my other post about "light gliders"? Not sure if you know the answer to my question off the top of your head. I'm trying to get answers so I know what I should obtain for my 1st breeding pair! It was originally going to be a leucistic and a black beauty but...yeah, thats in the other post lol!

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: AlyCatz] #1413326
12/09/17 06:16 PM
12/09/17 06:16 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Critter Love has been breeding gliders for 14+ years. We have a great reputation with reasonable pricing.

As for your male, please do not be too passive on the UTI issue. Gliders mask their illnesses well.

My early years (back in 2004) I had a glider that I thought had a UTI, figured I had the three days it was going to take to get her in to the vet. I was a day late. On the second day she passed. I took her in for a necropsy, and come to find out she actually had a bladder infection that went sepsis fast.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: Srlb] #1413327
12/09/17 07:41 PM
12/09/17 07:41 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Peggy from Critter Love is indeed reputable! I'd recommend looking at her available gliders.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: New odor issue?? [Re: Srlb] #1413330
12/10/17 12:10 AM
12/10/17 12:10 AM
Illinois
A
AlyCatz Offline OP
Out of Pouch
AlyCatz  Offline OP
Out of Pouch
A

Illinois
Oh, no worries! I wasn't trying to imply like "oh yeah, he will be fine for another week since he looks fine!" I was just trying to say that I called in late so I couldn't get an appointment today, but when the vet does call me back tomorrow, I will be getting the soonest appointment I can to get him checked. Sorry if I caused any confusion!

I will look into Critter Love for further information on if I may inquire gliders. Would I be emailing you then? (You said "we" so I assumed you are somehow connected to this breeding brand?) Either way I'll probably find an email to message on the website!

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: AlyCatz] #1413333
12/10/17 12:40 AM
12/10/17 12:40 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Please keep us posted on his vet visit.

Thanks smile

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: AlyCatz] #1413334
12/10/17 12:50 PM
12/10/17 12:50 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
(You said "we" so I assumed you are somehow connected to this breeding brand?)

I am the owner/founder of Critter Love®.
We have had a research/development program for sugar glider diets since 2004/2005.
We have been breeding gliders since 2004.

We work with a team of sugar glider knowledgeable veterinarians and a world renowned exotic animal nutritionist that is the top of her field.

I say 'we' because it is a family owned and operated business. grin

yes, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at critterlove@critterlove.com

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: AlyCatz] #1413335
12/10/17 12:51 PM
12/10/17 12:51 PM
Wallington, NJ
K
kidqwik Offline
Glider Explorer
kidqwik  Offline
Glider Explorer
K

Wallington, NJ
Originally Posted By: AlyCatz

Would fruits and veggies perhaps help the smell issue? I used to give him fruits and veggies with the BML diet since it was required to balance what the glider needed. From reading The Pet Glider Fresh diet, I did not see that it required them, and that if I used wheat germ within my recipe, I did not need to serve fruits and veggies with my diet?? I'm not sure if I read it correct, but in short, I have not been giving him his usual frozen fruits and vegetables. Should I start giving them to him again? Would it help any with the smell issue?

I currently use Critter Love Plus with the salad. I've been researching the TPG diet to see if I want to try it with my gliders, but you ARE supposed to include fruits and vegetables in the The Pet Glider mix. I think you confused the last part of the recipe about wheat germ. It says that wheat germ is optional, IF you are using fresh fruits and vegetables. As in the wheat germ is optional, but NOT the fruits and vegetables. You definitely have to have the fruits n veggies in the mix! On top of fruits and veggies providing vitamins and nutrients to gliders and humans alike, they provide fiber(roughage) and something to help move things along in our digestive track. I'd re-make the TPG and make sure you include the fruits and veggies as the recipe says ASAP. Here's a direct link to the recipe. It's at the bottom of the page: https://www.thepetglider.com/pages/the-glider-nutrition-system

Last edited by kidqwik; 12/10/17 01:04 PM.

:grey: Kara :grey: Lilo :cream: Yuki :grey: Roxie
:leu: Princess :rtmo: Buttercup
Re: New odor issue?? [Re: kidqwik] #1413337
12/10/17 04:28 PM
12/10/17 04:28 PM
Illinois
A
AlyCatz Offline OP
Out of Pouch
AlyCatz  Offline OP
Out of Pouch
A

Illinois
I guess I worded myself wrong again, since there is confusion, lol! I do put frozen (sometimes fresh) fruits and veggies into my mixes. What I meant was should I put SEPARATE fruit and veggies on the side INCLUDING the mixture block I have for him each night?

I'm a little wary about food intake for my glider because the last vet visit he was at (I have not gotten a current appointment with him, the vet has yet to call me back. Must be closed on Sundays!) she mentioned he was "chunky" and weighed 50% more than the last time she weighed him. Thing is, she never told me if he was overweight...so I'm not sure if I should just stick to his current "block a night with pellets in case he runs out of base food with a hidden snack inside the cage for him to find" or give him less...I'll have to figure it all out at the next appointment for the possible UTI!

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: AlyCatz] #1413338
12/10/17 04:48 PM
12/10/17 04:48 PM
Wallington, NJ
K
kidqwik Offline
Glider Explorer
kidqwik  Offline
Glider Explorer
K

Wallington, NJ
Ahh,ok lol. How much does he weigh? 5 of mine weigh weigh around 80g. The youngest weighed in the most at 84g and shes not chunky. I attribute it to the cage she's in with her cagemate that i havent been able to get the other four friendly with them to merge colonies and using the silent runner wheel in that cage. When i got the Raptor wheel for the others their weight dropped because they are basically on that wheel allll night. They also have a Freedomw wheel too so. Sikent Runner is crap imo. I do have another that has always been tiny. She's not as big as the others in the pairing of 4 and shes been in the 60s. She eats, runs, seems fine. I think she's just a petite glider. Havent had a problem with them losing weight, they just seem to have hit a plateau with all the runnin they do. Im pretty sure the other two will do the same when their new Stealth wheel i ordered today to replace the silent runner comes in.

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: kidqwik] #1413339
12/10/17 05:11 PM
12/10/17 05:11 PM
Illinois
A
AlyCatz Offline OP
Out of Pouch
AlyCatz  Offline OP
Out of Pouch
A

Illinois
Good question! I don't actually have a scale for my glider so I can never just weigh him when I want; I have to wait for a vet appointment. I did have previous appointment papers but I'm not sure where they disappeared to...I guess I'll let you know when he finally gets in for the possible UTI. Miki seems to love his Silent Runner! You can always press your ear to the door during his active hours and hear him running away in that thing! I may have to clean it more often than the open holed runners but hey! Its what you do when you have a pet; they can't clean it themselves! Why do you not like them?

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: AlyCatz] #1413340
12/10/17 06:10 PM
12/10/17 06:10 PM
Wallington, NJ
K
kidqwik Offline
Glider Explorer
kidqwik  Offline
Glider Explorer
K

Wallington, NJ
The way they're designed allows it to be a urine trap. I even purchased the track with the holes in it but it drips into tge crevices. Also i didnt like the outer cover cause i felt they may get hurt on it. I also wanted something wider because i had 4 of them and they had no room to be in it together, never mind run together. Now i have a Raptor n Freedom in one and ordered the Stealth for the other.

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: kidqwik] #1413341
12/10/17 06:23 PM
12/10/17 06:23 PM
Illinois
A
AlyCatz Offline OP
Out of Pouch
AlyCatz  Offline OP
Out of Pouch
A

Illinois
Nice! I already have my wheels purchased and ready to go, both for Miki and the future glider pair, so I probably won't be making any unnecessary purchases as I save up my money for the new gliders and (probably) vet bills going to Miki's health issues. I do agree with the trapped smell. Its what I have to work with for now though!

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: AlyCatz] #1413354
12/11/17 11:19 PM
12/11/17 11:19 PM
Illinois
A
AlyCatz Offline OP
Out of Pouch
AlyCatz  Offline OP
Out of Pouch
A

Illinois
MIKI UPDATE BELOW!

I got miki into the vet tonight. It appears he most likely does have an infection; the vet found crystals and blood in his urine when doing the test. He's on antibiotics for 2 weeks to clear this up, and will be going back to the vet after the 2 week medicine binge to check his urine once more. The infection could have been due to a phosphorus/calcium/food imbalance. I have located the source of (what I think to be is) the issue (I was serving him way too little of The Pet Glider sprinkle roughage on top) and have corrected it. Now all I have to do is care for him and wait.
In other good news, Miki has lost a little of his extra chunk weight with the new playset and wheel I bought him! He is now at an average sugar glider size and I have been feeding him the perfect amount of food! (minus the roughage issue)
Everything is solved! (for now)

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: AlyCatz] #1413359
12/12/17 12:26 PM
12/12/17 12:26 PM
Wallington, NJ
K
kidqwik Offline
Glider Explorer
kidqwik  Offline
Glider Explorer
K

Wallington, NJ
Good to hear! When u feed him the TPG, does he eat it all? Has he ever avoided eating the vitamin coated part? I ordered a 180 day supply. For some reason I thought that was for two gliders and would last me 60 days for 6. It's not. It's a 180 day supply for 1 so this would last me 30 days. frown

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: kidqwik] #1413363
12/12/17 03:26 PM
12/12/17 03:26 PM
Illinois
A
AlyCatz Offline OP
Out of Pouch
AlyCatz  Offline OP
Out of Pouch
A

Illinois
Yes, he 98% of the time will eat the entire block. I will say that when you add the roughage on top it is going to look like too much, but its the correct amount! The only time he may leave a small piece of block is if he's not feeling well, doesn't want to eat it all that day, or it isn't one of his preferred flavored block. I checked his cage before typing this out and he indeed ate the whole block including the vitamin coat top without complaint!
I honestly believe though it all depends on the glider. They all have different taste buds, you know? I think yours will enjoy the transition! I recommend slowly transferring between diets though! (I didn't and mine had severe diarrhea from the sudden shock of food switching..) That way you can kind of see if they are enjoying the new blocks as well!
When you go to buy your ingredients for the TPG, if you can't find a small size of full fat yogurt and are reduced to buying the huge tub, I also recommend making several batches and trying different flavor batches so you don't waste that yogurt. It only lasts for a few days after you buy it. (At least mine usually do when I purchase them) It also helps you figure out what fruit and veggie mixtures your gliders like the most in some cases.
I've made 4 different flavored batches:

• Raspberries, Pomegranate, Corn, Broccoli
  • Mango, Pineapple, Peas, Carrots
  • Blueberries, Lime, Peas, Green Beans
  • Strawberries, Cherries, Carrots, Peas

He finishes any flavor block he is given, but his favorites are the Mango Pineapple and the Blueberry Lime!
I wish you luck on your TPG diet journey! Feel free to update me on how it all goes!

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: AlyCatz] #1413375
12/12/17 07:25 PM
12/12/17 07:25 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: AlyCatz
MIKI UPDATE BELOW!

I got miki into the vet tonight. It appears he most likely does have an infection; the vet found crystals and blood in his urine when doing the test. He's on antibiotics for 2 weeks to clear this up, and will be going back to the vet after the 2 week medicine binge to check his urine once more.[color:#FF0000] The infection could have been due to a phosphorus/calcium/food imbalance. I have located the source of (what I think to be is) the issue (I was serving him way too little of The Pet Glider sprinkle roughage on top) and have corrected it.
Now all I have to do is care for him and wait.
In other good news, Miki has lost a little of his extra chunk weight with the new playset and wheel I bought him! He is now at an average sugar glider size and I have been feeding him the perfect amount of food! (minus the roughage issue)
Everything is solved! (for now)[/color]

That is what bothers me about that diet, sprinkle on the vitamins. I have dealt with gliders on that diet and once on the diet I feed they gain a bit of weight and basically look healthier.

Kimberley

Re: New odor issue?? [Re: Feather] #1413380
12/12/17 08:26 PM
12/12/17 08:26 PM
Illinois
A
AlyCatz Offline OP
Out of Pouch
AlyCatz  Offline OP
Out of Pouch
A

Illinois
Eh. To me its not that big of a deal just to sprinkle stuff on the top. Its not a crazy hard task or anything. I was in the wrong, it wasn't a faulty diet plan. I wasn't putting enough on the food block so I was unfortunately responsible for his current issue. Miki did need to lose a little weight, so this diet seems to work for him. I'm not saying its the recipe for every glider, just that this particular one is successful with my boy. Had I not bought him a new toy set, new wheel, and changed his meal plan, I can almost guarantee he would be overweight right now, so losing that extra chunk was actually healthy for him. ^_^ The vet says he's right where he needs to be! (minus the UTI, lol)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 354 guests, and 81 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,570 TEXAS
679,074 OHIO
487,153 OKLAHOMA
432,157 UTAH
321,675 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024