Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Pitbull biter needs advice/help #213026
02/04/07 11:54 PM
02/04/07 11:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have had Buffy for almost 2 years. She came to me from a rescue home that said she was unadoptable and no one would want her, she has never been tame. She has a cage mate (a neutered male) that is just as sweet as can be. At the time, I took in quite a few gliders from this rescue home and I have done all the bonding techniques, tent time daily, absolutely everything that is suggested to do, including taking the bites. All the gliders have really come around except for Buffy. She is a true pitbull biter. She will get on my back where she knows I can't reach her and just bite and chew.

I spoke with Bourbon and Dancing and now know that Buffy is a true pit bull biter and all the "standard" bonding techniques won't work with her. While she is calmer than when she came here, she is still so unpredictable. I can look at her wrong or breathe and she pitbull bites me.

She is truly a special needs glider that needs someone very special and very dedicated to care for her. I only have use of one hand and if she tears it up, I can't care for my daughter or other animals. I'm also on blood thinners so I'm really afraid of the bites and Buffy knows this. She needs someone that can work at the direction of Bourbon to help this little girl and I now know that person isn't me. My heart is breaking right now and I've not stopped crying since I talked to Dancing and Bourbon. She is a special little girl who needs more than I can give her. I truely in my heart thought I could earn her trust but I have failed miserably.

I would love some advice from those with pit bull biters and details as to what you have done to help them over come this. The standard bonding techiniques didn't work. I also need advice on what to do until I can find just the right person to take Buffy to the next level of trusting.

I wasn't told she was a pit bull biter and didn't understand the special needs she has because of that. I either need to find the answers or I need to find just the right special person with the pain tolerance and patience to help her learn to love and trust.

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213034
02/05/07 12:15 AM
02/05/07 12:15 AM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
oh shelle -I'm so sorry hun- I've been there & Dancing was telling me about you & Buffy. You have NOT failed her!!! I wish I knew the answers to your questions. When you describe Buffy- your describing my Sally to the T. I never was able to break her of the biting- she even seem to do it more when I let her know it bothered me. I tried everything everyone suggested just as you have been. These girls just have a reason in their heads to control us. My Sally passed this last summer(18ms later) but up till then she was the sweetest little girl- well except for the biting. I loved her more because no one else would. No one in my family would hold her- when they knew who I was holding in the pouch- they would run the other way. I never knew why she was always biting but I talked with Dancing about her & it's turns out she was an Alpha glider- wow were my eyes opened wide. I never seen her Alpha type personality to her mate Jack- it was only directed at people. She just like your Buffy was a rescue glider- something happen to these girls that makes them have the need to control humans when we show them love. The only time she didn't bite- she was on her death bed... I sit here wishing she was here still biting me at times so I wouldn't miss her so much.

I wish I had more answers for you- but all I can give is hug2 If you can give me and Buffy till around July (I'm moving to TX) my heart & home are open to her & her mate. You have given her nearly everything & you cannot let her take your health.. I can't promise I could actually break her... but she will be greatly loved even more just as you do..

you have my email from suggiebay- mobmilli

Ñancy
~Always on my mind & in my heart Jack, Sally & Serenity~

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: jacknsally] #213158
02/05/07 10:21 AM
02/05/07 10:21 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shelle, I also heard the story from Teresa about how hard you've tried to bring this little girl around. I wish I could offer advice to help you, but I don't have experience with this particular kind of glider. I know you've been in close contact with Bourbon about her. I understand your need to find another place for Buffy. Best of luck in finding that special home!

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213162
02/05/07 10:26 AM
02/05/07 10:26 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you everyone for understanding. Its breaking my heart right now, I love her to peices. Deep down somewhere she loves mom too.
Shes got her mate Angel right now and he is just that a angel to Buffy, hes the sweetest man you ever want to meet.

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213164
02/05/07 10:34 AM
02/05/07 10:34 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Shelle,
I'm so sorry that Buffy is still not coming around. After 2 years, no one can say that you haven't tried your absolute best to get her over this. I had one pit-bull biter that was a rescue when he came to me: Cricky. I was lucky in that it only took about a year to get him past it and he learned to trust me. Thinking back on what I did with him, I think I pretty much let him call all the shots about when or IF I could hold him. I talked to him a LOT, held his mate a whole lot and pet him in his pouch in his cage IF he would let me. Finally, he realized I wasn't going to harm him or Pika. I had 3 wonderful years with him after he stopped biting before he passed over the bridge. I don't know if any of this helps or not, but sometimes hearing what worked for someone else will help to trigger something in your own mind that might help with your own situation... dunno

I hope you are able to find a wonderful new home for Buffy in the future. In the meantime, my thoughts, prayers & hug2 hug2 hug2 are with you...

Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: sugarglidersuz] #213168
02/05/07 10:44 AM
02/05/07 10:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its soo hard with her, she will bark for me and plead with her eyes for mom but then it can honestly be me looking at her or breathing at the wrong time. I mean literally no one is allowed to look at her like my daughter or me BUT she will NOT bite my daughter ever. Kerstin petted her head one day and Buffy did nothing until K moved her hand then she attacked me!! Some days I literally cannot speak near her cage. Then other times its mom mom mom please!!! Its heartbreaking.

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213170
02/05/07 10:52 AM
02/05/07 10:52 AM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
shelle- it really is heartbreaking. My Sally really was the same way hun- I've walked your path. She would be the one who greeted me in the morning and be first in line for everything when it came to me. I don't think it's a trust issue like other biters- it's a control issue. They control us with that bite- I don't know why. I know Sally loved me & she KNOWS I loved her... I always wished I could read her little mind & see what had happened to her to become that way.

The only thing that kept me from getting bit was I could tell when she was going to bite. But this didn't help me when I was carrying her around & she wanted to ride on my shoulders- I couldn't see her then or when we were in tent time- she'd run up my arm and hang out on my back.

Ñancy

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: jacknsally] #213175
02/05/07 11:06 AM
02/05/07 11:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Buffy hates being carried in a pouch she will bite crazy through the pouches. She can go crazy some days just from my voice. Its not just mine poor Dancing, Buffy hears her and its crazy. Poor T has been on the receiving end of Buffys bites. She was trimming her nails and Buffy was not having it, latched on and refused to let go.
I have tried to figure out what sets her off but to no avail, I try to breath quietly and not look or speak and somedays thats ok then others it can be anything. She has learned that on my bad side where she can bite and mom cannot reach her, I literally sit and cry until shes done. I can take the bites without yelling or moving much.
If something scares her though its straight to mom.
I have tried everything I can, I know in my heart there is that special person that will win her over. Dancing will be helping to decide on where she goes, my brain is mush right now.

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213179
02/05/07 11:18 AM
02/05/07 11:18 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Ah, Hun, my heart is just breaking for you cry

hug2 hug2 hug2

Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: sugarglidersuz] #213212
02/05/07 12:50 PM
02/05/07 12:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think using the word pitbull bitter is not right!!!Why would you say that I know this is off subject but no dog should be labeled as a bitter!!If thats the case but counts it should be called cocker bitter,sorry just seeing this upsets me I am a proud owner and BSL advisor fo PITBULLS!!!

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213217
02/05/07 01:06 PM
02/05/07 01:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did NOT come up with this name! Its what gliders with this personality is called by the whole community not just a name I decided

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213219
02/05/07 01:09 PM
02/05/07 01:09 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pitbull biter is (someone correct me if I'm wrong) because it's referring to how the glider clamps down and doesn't release and pulls back and shakes it's head. Looking like a pitbull biting.

I understand your an advocate for pitbulls but those dogs with the wrong owners are nothing but trouble. Note I said with the wrong owners. I've known some pretty good owners of them and they were always watchful of their dogs but I've also been cornered in my own yard by a vicious pitbull that it took the police to get him out of there. There is a reason most homeowners insurance policies will not cover you if you own a pitbull. It's not because of the few good owners it's because of the many bad owners.

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213220
02/05/07 01:10 PM
02/05/07 01:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct Kat thats where the name comes from, from what I understand.

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213224
02/05/07 01:16 PM
02/05/07 01:16 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
The term pitbull biter is not meant in anyway to insult pitbulls. It is just that pitbulls when they bite, they lock their jaws and often don't let go. So do rotts. (I personally love pitbulls and rotts) This is just the term used.

This is how Buffy is. When she bit down on my finger, her teeth went into my knuckle joint and she just continued to chomp and chomp and chomp, not letting go. Some will bite down and then thrash side to side tearing away skin, flesh and can really do some serious damage.

A pitbull biter isn't like other gliders. Being bit and having blood drawn is one thing but this type of bite is just almost insane. And this isn't just an occasional bite either but a constant thing. The glider goes psyco and usually without provocation.

They really are special needs gliders who need special handling and care.

These gliders need someone special that can literally stick their hand in the pouch and leave it there for days while the glider just chews away until the glider really learns it isn't going to do them any good. Ask Bourbon...it can leave your hand mostly useless for weeks. For Shelle to do that, it would leave her unable to care for her daughter and other animals (since she only has use of one hand to start with) and also with her on blood thinners, this poses a real health risk to her.

With gliders like this, they need that special person that can take it and one that will keep them forever once they get past the biting. This is a major trust issue for these gliders and even if the one person gets them tame for them, to rehome them again will only shatter the trust and the glider will be back to step one all over again. Once a person can get through this initial hand attack and earn the trust of the biter, the biter becomes one of the most bonded little gliders anyone could ever hope for.

I've had some very scared gliders come to me and I've been bitten but even Buffy is out of my league. I know Buffy well. I fostered her for 2 months and I've gone many times to Shelle's to help trim nails and such. I've seen the wonderful progress all Shelle's gliders have made, all except Buffy. Most of her gliders came to her as a last resort home. They were all scared and would lunge/bite. They are now such sweet babies (many don't like me cause I trim their nails) and are not the little hopeless cases they had been thought to be.

I know Shelle doesn't want to give up on Buffy. This is not easy for her. She has been told for 2 years that if she just has enough patience and love, Buffy will come around. Sadly, that isn't the case with pitbull biters. They need more than the standard bonding methods. She has really done wonders with Buffy to this point but for Buffy to really become a happy glider, she needs someone that can take the punishment and not back down.

Buffy is also an alpha glider. She does NOT like or play well with other gliders. If Shelle smells like other gliders, Shelle gets attacked. She was originally in a trio but one of the gliders had to be seperated because of how Buffy tormented him. Angel is the one glider that Buffy has accepted.

Without the right person to come into Buffy's life, Buffy will be resigned to being just a caged glider and Shelle wants so much more for Buffy.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213225
02/05/07 01:17 PM
02/05/07 01:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks I was pretty sure that's where it came from. My rescued boy was that way with me for the first month but has since calmed down. I don't know if you've tried it or not or what others think about it, but what I did was take the bite and say, "hey" pretty loud every time he did it. I figured it would teach him my hand is not going away and it would startle him enough that he wouldn't want to keep doing it because when he persisted I just got louder but still keeping my hand in place. Now he's a sweetie he grooms me all the time and nothing more than a light nibble here and there.

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213273
02/05/07 02:44 PM
02/05/07 02:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well good luck with your Gliders and there bitting but Pitbull DO not lock there Jaws no breed does This is a proven fact it was just done by Kstate vet team less than 1 year ago all that is a myth, but I do understand people hear lots it just offends me who works hard on a positive look at Pitbulls and ther wonder personality I work so hard to get there credit! I love them and have studied the breed for 10 years and know most all stuff out there is all wrong study show 1 out of every 100 stories are true!!!! Sorry just wanted to put my FYI out there!! Good luck though!!!

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213281
02/05/07 03:25 PM
02/05/07 03:25 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
I have an unpredictable pit bull biter also. He is a doll in the daytime but at night it's a no go with him.

I have a female that was like this years ago, she isn't anymore. She's a sweetheart now and very bonded to me.

However, back to my other one. I almost gave him up a long time ago but was afraid someone else would hurt him or worse. Besides, I love him to much and couldn't give up his mate anyway. So, in the daytime I love on him, clean the cage, put in new toys etc. but only talk through the bars to him and play feather games at night. smile He's happy and this works for us.

I know what you are going through. I actually needed stitches the first time it happened. I cried for days, the tears wouldn't stop. I was so hurt.

I believe they are like us. Some will never trust anyone no matter what. Sometimes, like with people, it's best to love them, give them a nice home and go on from there.

Good luck, if you need help, PM me or email. smile

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: SugarBlossoms] #213284
02/05/07 03:31 PM
02/05/07 03:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you SugarBlossoms for getting this back on topic! I do love Buffy and Angel with all my heart. Feel free to pm me or e-mail if you think of anything you have tried that I might have overlooked. I tend to never give up on my critters, I find the bright spot in every rescue who comes here.

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213323
02/05/07 04:49 PM
02/05/07 04:49 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
I sent you an email, it's a long one. LOL smile I referred them to them as mates, sorry! I should have said friends. smile

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: SugarBlossoms] #213335
02/05/07 05:14 PM
02/05/07 05:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I received the e-mail and replied. Thank you!!

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: SugarBlossoms] #213340
02/05/07 05:23 PM
02/05/07 05:23 PM
Tampa, FL
Xglider Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Xglider  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Tampa, FL
Shelle …. My heart goes out to you.. I know you have the best counsel in Bourbon and Dancing …

* ~ * John * ~ * Sorry store is closed at this time.. <br>
Link -> [b]~~ XtremeGlider ~~ Home of the original Re~set Toys! ~~[/b] <br>
Oct 2012 update.. miss my gliders and my
glider family and think of my friends often!!!
Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: Xglider] #213356
02/05/07 05:55 PM
02/05/07 05:55 PM
Bee-Bopping round SnakePit USA
B
Bourbon Offline
Serious Glideritis
Bourbon  Offline
Serious Glideritis
B

Shelle, please know that my heart breaks for you, the phone call we shared yesterday broke my heart and was one of the hardest I had to say. as you really only have 2 choices if you wish to keep her, one is like Kats did, and that is to stand the bites, take them, viciously, and the other is as SugarBlossums has done, and reserve the fact she will become a cage glider. both of which we had discussed.

it truely does break my heart as I know you love her so very much. but options are really limited to the options provided to you.

When I got in a pitbull biter, i always had to think the worst has happened to them, from the beginning and there was many ways I would look at things when working with them, I have many a scar to show that I have done as I have instructed others to do, and there are others that have seen me work with them. they will attest that the methodds do work, however they also can attest to the extreme pain and torment that a body goes through while earning that gliders trust.

as I stated earlier, the sad thing is we want to help them so very bad, and sometimes, no matter how bad our wants are.. it doesn't come near what their needs are..

my prayers are with you during this time.

Pet, please let me address your concerns.. not to take this off topic again, but just as there must be labels on the many personalities of life, there also must be a separation of the type of biters we are dealing with in the gliders.

there are many types, there is the nippers,
and then the biters-- these draw blood when they bite
we have the pouch protective gliders that will bite and lunge while in the pouch, but outside of the pouch they are fine.
then we have the extreme biters, those are the pitbull biters.. who sink all the way in, and don't let go, not that their jaws lock, but they sink in pretty deep and many times shake their bodies to get deeper.
then we have the rippers.. those are the ones that sink all the way in the first time, twist their heads and don't release their jaws as they are pulling away.

in no way shape or form, does it say anything about the species itself, (pitbull or gliders) but nothing more than a lable to describe the way they are biting and the extreme of that bite and behavior.

the bottom line is all gliders who bite do it out of fear, lack of trust. to gain that trust is what each one needs, but one is not handled the same as the others.

the pain threshhold and the constition that one must have with the extreme biters must be at a very high level. the first one that is taught to trust is easier than subsequent ones. the more we do, the harder it is to take those bites. because we already know what to expect and the extreme pain we go through.

I have worked with each of the types multiple times over the years.and they never get easier. my heart breaks for each and everyone of them, I feel the pain and the fear due to the abuse that the glider has had to endure to cause it to be so very afraid that they feel there is no other options for them.

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: Bourbon] #213364
02/05/07 06:21 PM
02/05/07 06:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you Bourbon. I know what I need to do for Buffy, its to find that "special" person she can trust. I thought of something today. brains not soo mushy. It might not mean anything but thinking over the last 2 years. Buffy has NEVER EVER bit my good side, only my stroke side. Back, leg, arm and hand. Can she tell? I know my dogs can. It might not be the why but could it be a contributing factor? She came to my home a biter so it started before but could this be why I cannot stop the biting. My mom thought of this today.She thinks Buffy is trying to get rid of the weak part of my body. Like I said it might not mean much but?/ Its a thought. Which hurts more because then it would be me that failed her. But wouldn't my other gliders be this way?

Last edited by shelleriddle; 02/05/07 06:27 PM.
Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213367
02/05/07 06:37 PM
02/05/07 06:37 PM
B
Bourbon Offline
Serious Glideritis
Bourbon  Offline
Serious Glideritis
B

shelle, remember this.. you didn't fail her, a previous owner that caused her this much fear is the one that failed her..

all you have done is try to make her life better.

as for the making the weak part goaway
.. i explained to you this was a control issue, and I gave you some suggestions to help with that remember the plastic cutting board?, she will only do what she knows she can get away with.. you can not stop her on that side, she knows it, however, you can deter her from it, they are creatures of habit, stopping one of her habits is what it is all about.. please try to concentrate on those things, ways to stop her from hurting you. you may not be able to stop her biting , but you can protect yourself,..

do not allow her anywhere where you can not see her teeth, I told you, as Kats had stated, that they let you knoww in advance before they bite you, but you have to be able to see those signs, learn them, also be prepared for when she does start biting, slide the plastic cutting board between her teeth and your skin.

this is all temporary, as it will not stop her from biting, but it will protect you, till you find her a "special person" which may take awhile. In the meantime, you MUST protect yourself

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213368
02/05/07 06:40 PM
02/05/07 06:40 PM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
Michelle-

I wouldn't rule out that as a possibility. I believe gliders just as other animals have deeper senses & just know things.

Stop thinking that it is you that failed her- you've given her so much more and she came to you for a reason. As to why it doesn't affect your other gliders- they all have their reasons & what bothers them. It could be a mystery to her as to why that side of you is different and she's responding to the fear and not knowing- the other gliders may not be as sensitive or as fearful to the vibes they receive from your stroke side. Who knows- she could be responding to a negative memory- just as people who are haunted by hurtful memories. But I do think alot more of it is control

hug2

Ñancy

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: jacknsally] #213394
02/05/07 07:31 PM
02/05/07 07:31 PM
Tampa, FL
Xglider Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Xglider  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Tampa, FL
Shelle … I believe many things and am not one to doubt the perceptions of an animal, our companions… however please do not ever feel you failed her… I can hear Bourbon’s voice say those words to you … let me echo them … I wish I could help more…. When I got Surge … he was out for blood … all the time everytime… but I did get through to him… he was a loved gliders … considered a bra baby …. You have courage my dear, real courage…

* ~ * John * ~ * Sorry store is closed at this time.. <br>
Link -> [b]~~ XtremeGlider ~~ Home of the original Re~set Toys! ~~[/b] <br>
Oct 2012 update.. miss my gliders and my
glider family and think of my friends often!!!
Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: jacknsally] #213406
02/05/07 07:49 PM
02/05/07 07:49 PM
WILLOWSPRINGS MO
Merlin Offline
Glider Explorer
Merlin  Offline
Glider Explorer

WILLOWSPRINGS MO
Just don't give up. Scooter was a pit bull biter It has taken me four years to get Scooter to accept me. He does still nip once in a while. I have post polio syndrome, some of my muscles are deteriorating, but that does not seem to be a contributing factor. He has never bothered my weak muscles. Although he always used to bite my hand he did not bite other parts of me.

Do you use any special hand lotion, ointment or cream that might offend Buffy? In the past some people have commented that a glider may not like the smell.

After four years of biting Scooter will, very gently, take a mealworm from my hand. His cage partner, who is very gentle, will sometimes bite when she is in a hurry to grab the mealworm.

Merlin

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: Xglider] #213411
02/05/07 07:54 PM
02/05/07 07:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish we lived closer I would take her in for you. I know it's hard on you and I feel so bad for you. Please don't blame yourself.

Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: ] #213427
02/05/07 09:01 PM
02/05/07 09:01 PM
Parsons, Kansas
dranger1108 Offline
Glider Addict
dranger1108  Offline
Glider Addict

Parsons, Kansas
I wish I was closer too, my son has the amazing ability to take a sugar glider bite, even when it's drawing blood with calmness and gentleness to the glider.

:grey: Michelle's Sugar Glider Babies & Toys :wfb:
USDA licensed breeder
http://www.freewebs.com/michellesugarbabytoys/index.htm
Neat glider themed products!
:glider: http://www.zazzle.com/dranger1108/products :glider:
Re: Pitbull biter needs advice/help [Re: dranger1108] #213449
02/05/07 09:43 PM
02/05/07 09:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Merlin, I am a creature of habit and avoid wearing things that will bother Buffy, if it was that she would go for my 5 year old lol Miss I must have strawberry shampoo and cotton candy perfume. No it appears to be me. Well and Teresa.
dranger trust me I am a pro at taking her bites, I sit n cry very quietly until shes done. I think if it was that and that alone, I would have gotten somewhere. Thank you everyone for being so nice to me through this. It seems I stop crying then come here and read then the tears won't stop again.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))) thank you everyone.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 414 guests, and 93 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,581 TEXAS
679,079 OHIO
487,162 OKLAHOMA
432,164 UTAH
321,692 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024