Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Getting gliders up during the day??? #854409
10/19/09 12:35 AM
10/19/09 12:35 AM

G
Gucciburger
Unregistered
Gucciburger
Unregistered
G

I was wondering if there are any health/detrimental issues with gradually getting my gliders up during the day instead of night! Like I would keep their light on all night and off during the day and well just change the times they sleep.... Any problems with this and if so, is there any proof that these problems can cause health problems? I kinda feel like this should be in the "Fact or Fiction" section... Thanks for the responses! wink

Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: ] #854418
10/19/09 12:53 AM
10/19/09 12:53 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
I have not seen proof as to whether or not this in deed causes health problems in sugar gliders. However, based on some of my past research studies, it has been proven in humans that when you alter the chemical producing agent (melatonin) it throws the energy levels off as well as prohibits the natural sleep mode level to reach it's maximum point.

While continuing to alter the natural body's functions (in this case for sugar gliders) or other nocturnal animal, you are altering and changing a natural force of their existence. In the long run, by not having the maximum depth of sleep, health problems can occur.

Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: LSardou] #854436
10/19/09 02:22 AM
10/19/09 02:22 AM
Orlando, FL
Tish84 Offline
Glider Slave
Tish84  Offline
Glider Slave

Orlando, FL
I saw a video on youtube of a Zoo that is doing this so that people can see the gliders at their most active. They completely switch their day and night by making them think that it is night during the day.

TISH

Lana (Siberian Husky)
2 Turtles
Bunny
:bb: :leu: :wfb: :rtmo: :cream:
Lily Fawkes Kingsley Ice Regulus Romeo Mimkin Saturn Jupiter Taiyou Kat Julianna

Glide Free My little Lily And Ice (Miss you every day)

www.fancysuggies.com
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: Tish84] #854439
10/19/09 02:35 AM
10/19/09 02:35 AM

G
Gucciburger
Unregistered
Gucciburger
Unregistered
G

Originally Posted By: Tish84
I saw a video on youtube of a Zoo that is doing this so that people can see the gliders at their most active. They completely switch their day and night by making them think that it is night during the day.

That is my plan! wink I plan on placing daylight (like) light is the room for the night, and for the day get blackout curtains! I think I am going to try and write/research all I can about it! I am switching my work schedule to nights instead of days! SO I will be spending more daytime with them! Keep the advice coming! I will have nighttime to spend with them still just not as much as before.

Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: LSardou] #854440
10/19/09 02:38 AM
10/19/09 02:38 AM
Iowa
Akane Offline
Glider Lover
Akane  Offline
Glider Lover

Iowa
I have set up rooms in my house that let me completely control day night cycles. One is my own bedroom because I suffer from unexplained insomnia and need to be able to control when my brain perceives night or day in order to be able to sleep at all even with medication helping. Currently the glider are in the bedroom and so they have come to live on my schedule. The daylight therapy lamp comes on when I need to wake up so usually 11am but currently my schedule is messed up from an ER visit followed by being admitted to the hospital where their rooms are not conductive to someone with insomnia so my light is coming on at 1pm until I can move my schedule back. All daylight spectrum light goes out at 11pm. Gliders currently wake up at around midnight and become most active around 6-7am then go to sleep around noon to 1pm. Sometimes though they are till awake at 2pm and crab at me for turning lights on before they go to bed. The door to the room is open all day and there cage is near the door so they do get some natural day light from the windows in the next room.

I also control the day/night in the spare bedroom next to me because I keep mini chickens in the house. These guys are smaller than a parrot and could fit in one hand so get rid of any thoughts you have a standard chicken. They are completely pets although we do eat their eggs. The roosters aren't real loud but I'd rather they didn't crow at daybreak and mess up my sleep so I blacked out that room too. I use the high powered compact fluorescent strip lights from my saltwater tank to run full spectrum daylight over them. Lights turn on one tube at a time starting at 10am and going off at midnight for 14hours of light. The minimum needed to fulfill a chicken's day/night cycle and keep them laying happily. I put treats out before I go to bed and when they wake up they rush to eat the treat so then the rooters forget to crow for about another hour until I'm normally ready to get up anyway. The windows are often opened for an hour or 2 a day or at least the covering taken off so they can also receive natural daylight.

Even daylight filtered through a window isn't the same as full exposure to light. Many humans develop depression or insomnia because they are never exposed to daylight without it going through a window. Which leads to a warning. Yes you can successfully control the day/night schedule of human and animal without health risks. However it should not be done with your standard light bulb. You need full spectrum lighting and I don't mean the cheap stuff like tinted incandescents that promise daylight spectrum or the daylight bulbs you can buy for a standard house fluorescent fixture. While the latter is close it's not quite there. You want either a true light therapy lamp/box or a mixture of fluorescent tubes like you would buy for plants or aquariums providing different lighting mixes in the 6500 to 10,000k range with some 18,000k bulbs being good but others labelled 18,000k are just blue/actinic. Along with that any light that leaks into the room after you want it to be dark no matter how small will throw off the entire thing and cause sleeping difficulties and health problems. You can't just flip a room light on and turn it off when you want and have your gliders receive what they need. All that will do with most animals and humans is mess with neurotransmitters so they stop knowing when night and day are and stop sleeping or get depressed. I setup these rooms in my house after much experience with full spectrum lighting on planted freshwater and marine reef tanks as well as 10years of research into my own insomnia and the impact sunlight has on sleep and mood.

Last edited by Akane; 10/19/09 02:41 AM.

RIP sora :grey:

RIP Ryuu :grey:
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: Akane] #854473
10/19/09 07:33 AM
10/19/09 07:33 AM
Michigan
G
gliderma Offline
Serious Glideritis
gliderma  Offline
Serious Glideritis
G

Michigan
I'm sorry, but I just think this is all wrong. I don't think you should alter what is natural for an animal to suit your own needs. These creatures are nocturnal and I don't think it's fair to mess with their biological clock.

Lynn Martel
616-272-4374
989-400-5686
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: gliderma] #854480
10/19/09 07:51 AM
10/19/09 07:51 AM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline
Glider Addict
LabNGliderMom  Offline
Glider Addict

Florida
I agree with Lynn. A nocturnal animal should remain nocturnal and only be awake for long periods on a different schedule if it is THEIR choosing to be awake like that. Ever hear the saying "don't mess with Mother Nature" ? Well, Mother Nature made gliders the way they are for a reason- blackout shades might HELP but not completely PROTECT the gliders' NIGHT VISION and VERY SENSETIVE eyes... but the internal "clock" that ALL living creatures have inside them would STILL be adversely affected.

It is a scientifically proven fact that when this reversal of night and day is affected on humans it can have some disastrous results... affecting our attitudes, moods, perceptions, even our depth perception and reaction times. Imagine what this must do to gldiers... no, I can't say I feel, in my opinion, that this is a good idea.

You should acclimate YOURSELF to THEIR schedule instead... if not completely, then at least to a point, as the majority of us do. I do not stay up ALL night to suit my gldiers, but I do make time for them every night... why force them to go against nature just to suit me? Remember... YOU chose THEM as pets- not the other way around- so YOU should be wiling to sacrifice a little sleep for them since you wanted them in the first place.

Just my opinion and two cents worth on it smile

Last edited by LabNGliderMom; 10/19/09 07:53 AM.

Julie
Hubby: George
Kids: Ayla & Michael
Grandsons: Trysten, Dayton, KJ & Nathyn
The Zoo: Midnight, Severe & Nala - Claude, Pixie, Tippy & Chili - Scout & Soluna, Theo & Deegie

http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com

Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: LabNGliderMom] #854535
10/19/09 12:03 PM
10/19/09 12:03 PM

G
Gucciburger
Unregistered
Gucciburger
Unregistered
G

Originally Posted By: LabNGliderMom
blackout shades might HELP but not completely PROTECT the gliders' NIGHT VISION and VERY SENSETIVE eyes

I agree with most everything you said with the exception of above...
That room with the blackout shade is darker during the day than it is at night with the moonlight outside, so their eyes would be completely protected and in no way harmed. But like I said I do agree with what you said and will take it into consideration. Oh and I am not asking this question because I do not want to stay up with them at night (Because for the last 6 years, everyday give or take 1 or 2 days. I have been up with them) It is because my work schedule is changing and I cannot control that without getting a new job. wink

Last edited by Gucciburger; 10/19/09 12:06 PM.
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: ] #854597
10/19/09 02:05 PM
10/19/09 02:05 PM
Vulcan, MO
Meg_n_Von Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Meg_n_Von  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vulcan, MO
Great topic.

But I think that it should be the gliders choice if they want to get up during the day or not.

That's just me though. To each their own.

Megan & LaVaughn

Sugar Exotics

:bb: Kira :grey: Sadie - Neal :wfb: Pip - Violet :rtmo: Logan - Charli - Tyler - Seamus :plat: Chloe - Cas :leu: Boone

RIP David
Your life was short lived, but your memory will last forever.
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: Meg_n_Von] #854670
10/19/09 04:56 PM
10/19/09 04:56 PM

L
lovely1inred
Unregistered
lovely1inred
Unregistered
L

I haven't seen any hard proof one way or the other as to whether this is detrimental or not.

I have heard of blind gliders that keep strange hours simply because they do not know what is day and what is night. I've heard of blind gliders with seeing cagemates that get the blind glider on a normal schedule.

I know my pair respond not only to light but the noise and activity level in my house. If I travel to a new place and they have more or less than they are used to, they will get up earlier or later depending, also depending on temperature their activity level changes - many factors at work here.

I would not try and alter my gliders' sleeping on purpose without a very, very good reason. The transition WILL induce stress. Unecessary stresses make them more prone to illness and IMO are not worth the risk. Really think about this job, are you always going to work night shifts? Is this a 3 month thing or a 3 year thing? I would not want to transition gliders to a schedule only to change it again in a few months. If it's a permanent lifestyle change for you, then maybe.

Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: ] #854733
10/19/09 06:55 PM
10/19/09 06:55 PM
North Carolina
FatBearz Offline
In Pouch
FatBearz  Offline
In Pouch

North Carolina
My gliders have naturally changed their sleep schedule, which I am trying to correct (probobly by just leaving the blinds up at all times to show daylight and nighttime as it naturally occurs). I used to work a 9-5 shift and they would wake up around 8-9pm and stay awake till the early morning hours. I switched to a 2nd shift job and I get home around 8-9 and for awhile they would wake up but I sit on the computer alot and after awhile they were not waking up until later and later in the evening. At this point they don't wake up until around 3am and stay awake long into the day around 4pm.

I try to get them up when I get home from work but they love their sleepy time.

Last edited by FatBearz; 10/19/09 06:59 PM.
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: FatBearz] #854797
10/19/09 09:29 PM
10/19/09 09:29 PM
Tulsa, OK, USA
S
SweetGliders Offline
Glider Slave
SweetGliders  Offline
Glider Slave
S

Tulsa, OK, USA
I have had gliders for 10 years this month and I work weird late night hours. I have daytime playres, night time players & even afternoon glider players. All my gliders have changed their schedule to meet mine. I also have cronic insominia so when I am off work I am still up with them all night. All my babies are healthy & happy gliders. I have not seen any problems with the schedule change in my gliders. But I am only one person too and my gliders are doing fine with my hours.

Anita

Anita heart
www.mysweetgliders.com

Owned by many Gliders & Cats + Wife to a Wonderful & Understanding Husband

Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: SweetGliders] #854802
10/19/09 09:42 PM
10/19/09 09:42 PM

G
Gucciburger
Unregistered
Gucciburger
Unregistered
G

Thanks for all the advice and the move to the Fact or Fiction area! I understand where all of you guys are coming from. This will likely be a very long term thing (The job). Lets keep the opinions rolling on this!

Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: ] #854833
10/19/09 10:36 PM
10/19/09 10:36 PM
Cornersville TN I'M HOME :)
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Cornersville TN I'M HOME :)
doesn't it also have to do with the gravitational pull from sun and moon? As little as I know about this subject I recall in a psych class this being a topic we touched on. The human clock would really run on 25 hours not 24. I like to be up all nigh and sleep all day but it is not normal and I do have mood swings and sleep issues when I am too far out of whack with my sleep habits.

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

My runaways 4/04 Lilo, 5/04 Dash & Angel

angel Sprite Says GO STEALTH!! at
AtticWorx
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: SweetGliders] #854925
10/20/09 01:11 AM
10/20/09 01:11 AM
Dallas, TX
sandbat Offline
Glider Guardian
sandbat  Offline
Glider Guardian

Dallas, TX
Originally Posted By: SweetGliders
I have had gliders for 10 years this month and I work weird late night hours. I have daytime playres, night time players & even afternoon glider players. All my gliders have changed their schedule to meet mine. I also have cronic insominia so when I am off work I am still up with them all night. All my babies are healthy & happy gliders. I have not seen any problems with the schedule change in my gliders. But I am only one person too and my gliders are doing fine with my hours.

Anita

This is my experience as well. I keep very strange hours. I work from the afternoon till the wee hours of the morning, and therefore have a weird schedule. The babies I got from Val tend to get up in in the aftenoon to early evening, though I try to have mealie time an hour before I leave for work, so I can see how they're doing. Often they are still up and playing when I get back from work around 2am-3am, which is when I generally get them into the tent for some tent time right before I go to bed.

Last edited by sandbat; 10/20/09 01:12 AM.
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: sandbat] #854965
10/20/09 06:46 AM
10/20/09 06:46 AM

N
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
N

My gliders are awake during the day also. They seem perfectly fine. No signs of ill effect. Very healthy and happy! They chose their own schedule.
I also have insomnia so I am up all day and most of the night.

I think that direct light to their eyes could eventually harm them if they were exposed to it for very long periods of time. But I don't feel that a little will hurt. Doesn't everyone have some kind of light on when they play with their gliders? Or is everyone playing with their gliders in the total darkness? I know I have at least one light on.
I think I read somewhere that as long as it is a covered light (ie with a shade) then they are ok, but a plain light bulb (or direct sunlight) is what will cause damage. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: ] #855120
10/20/09 03:22 PM
10/20/09 03:22 PM

G
Gucciburger
Unregistered
Gucciburger
Unregistered
G

SO I am finding that alot of people do have gliders awake during the day! I think that I will just start to adjust them to be awake in the day by having mealie time somewhere in the mid afternoon and see how it goes from there. wink

Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: ] #855130
10/20/09 03:34 PM
10/20/09 03:34 PM

N
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
N

If you decide to do it just keep an eye on them for any signs of stress. That would be the only thing I would be concerned about. Sometimes gliders can be really sensitive to changes in their enviroment and schedule. So if they show any signs of stress I wouldn't do anymore changes. But if they seem to be doing ok then they should be fine. That's just my opinion.

Good luck. Let us know how it works out for ya!

Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: ] #855386
10/21/09 04:38 AM
10/21/09 04:38 AM
South Africa
G
Gizmogirl Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Gizmogirl  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
G

South Africa
I agree that they should be kept nocturnal unless they choose otherwise. I would never "train" my gliders to switch their day and night. I think it would be cruel. The narural thing for them to do is to be up at night, so I would assume changing that would have an effect on them.

Casper & Liezl
:grey:Gizzy, Boesman, Muchu, Kiamon, Sky & Boog:grey:
A glider's eyes have the power to speak a great language

RIP Sugar 2009 & Kaida 2013
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: Gizmogirl] #855715
10/21/09 11:20 PM
10/21/09 11:20 PM
in my happy place
S
sugarlope Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarlope  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
S

in my happy place
If you think about it from the way that Nick is talking about, they wouldn't be switching their day and night (at least they wouldn't know it). They would still have lights off and darkness when they were up, so the nocturnal situation would still be true. As long as darkness and light were continually shifted EVERY day/night, they would not know the difference.

That being said, I would move them to their new schedule slowly, so it does not cause stress as changing suddenly could throw them for a loop.

~Gretchen

If we never loved, then maybe we would never feel pain. Love anyway. It's worth it.
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: sugarlope] #857514
10/26/09 04:40 AM
10/26/09 04:40 AM

S
ShyRascal
Unregistered
ShyRascal
Unregistered
S

I have some gliders that wake up around 7pm with the last group waking up at 9pm. The only time they get woken up during the day is if I take them out to put them in a bonding pouch to go somewhere. But during playtime and if I have to go into the glider room for any reason, I use a lamp with a dimmer switch. That way it's not too bright for them, but I can still see too.

Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: ] #865010
11/11/09 07:28 AM
11/11/09 07:28 AM
VA
Heroine Offline
Joey Member
Heroine  Offline
Joey Member

VA
Well I have noticed that my glider is keeping my hours and well I have bad hours. I'm unemployed right now and have made it a habit to stay up all night until morning. My gilder sleeps longer than I do but I have noticed when I get up at around noon so does she. Is this a bad thing or is it okay as long as she wants to do it. I don't force her to.
Its kinda like sugarlope said. My computer room is right next to my glider room which has no door, so I guess the light in the computer room makes her stay in her pouch, but when I get up at noon she wakes up for a short period and then she gets back up around 6 or so, when it starts to get dark and stays awake for at least 4 hours playing and then she goes back to bed.
Also I just have to say, without trying to sound rude, that it's also unnatural for us to own them in that case, so it would be like saying you shouldn't own a sugar glider its not natural for them being caged.

Last edited by Heroine; 11/11/09 07:34 AM.

:grey: X 1 My "Biddy" Butt!
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: Heroine] #865072
11/11/09 12:10 PM
11/11/09 12:10 PM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
Originally Posted By: Heroine

Also I just have to say, without trying to sound rude, that it's also unnatural for us to own them in that case, so it would be like saying you shouldn't own a sugar glider its not natural for them being caged.

If I could go back and STOP who ever brought sugar gliders to the US I would!!! It IS unnatural for us to own them but now that we have them it is our JOB to give them the most natural and safe environment possible.

Valorie and our 10 fur children

RIP Mary Kate
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: MizValorie] #865085
11/11/09 12:31 PM
11/11/09 12:31 PM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
I use a red light bulb when I play with my babies. I know zoos use red lights for their nocturnal exhibits. You can see very well and I don't feel it hurts my babies eyes at all.

Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: MizValorie] #865089
11/11/09 12:46 PM
11/11/09 12:46 PM
MS
Janie Offline
Glider Lover
Janie  Offline
Glider Lover

MS
My gliders do not mind sunlight, It scares me but when they insist on coming out of the pouch I let them and assume they know what they are doing. I didnt intentionally start them getting up in mid afternoon, I would just pull out every pouch to be sure everyone was ok and give a snack if anyone looked like they wanted one then put them back. Now they will bark for me mid afternoon and play for like an hour then go back to bed. If I want to hold them in a bonding pouch I actually have to do it early morning, or after they play abit in the afternoon.

I do know that quite a few zoos thou do switch the day/night cycles on noctural animals with no ill effects or so they say. I agree if you do it, really watch for signs of stress.

slave to 9 cages of adorable suggies
:grey: :wfb: :rtmo: :leu: :wt:
http://www.suggierealm.com
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: Janie] #865097
11/11/09 01:07 PM
11/11/09 01:07 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Originally Posted By: Janie
I do know that quite a few zoos thou do switch the day/night cycles on noctural animals with no ill effects or so they say. I agree if you do it, really watch for signs of stress.

This is quite right where zoo's are concerned, and I have seen this first hand here at the Little Rock Zoo.

The one huge factor taken out of this at the zoos is humans. There is NO human interaction, and these gliders are pretty much wild as we do not know how they are with the primate keepers.

They are pretty much left to act/interact as they would in the wild or as closely as possible. At our zoo there is a one way glass between the gliders and the spectators.

With captive gliders once you introduce us, which is the only reason you would want to change their sleep pattern, you have a whole other issue.

Mine are older now but even when they were young, they did not wake during the day, and I never woke them when we were at home. I can even vacuum their repts, and they do not wake shakehead Might get a crab or two but they demand their sleep.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: KarenE] #865106
11/11/09 01:20 PM
11/11/09 01:20 PM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
I don't like to be woke up when I'm asleep so I leave my little ones alone. I got them, knowing they were nocturnal and have no problems leaving them to their natural cycle. Yeah, I miss them at night, but I get over it. smile

Connie

SmallWorldSuggies

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: suggiemom1980] #865137
11/11/09 02:14 PM
11/11/09 02:14 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
I am like you KarenE, I can run the vacuum all day long, have my music blaring, talk on the phone...doesnt bother them at all. I let them sleep during the day.

How many times do we see posts of people complaining about their gliders barking all night long and keeping them awake...how grumpy they are because they didnt get their sleep...well now think of how that glider feels if they keep getting woke up during their normal sleeping time...

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: Srlb] #865144
11/11/09 02:23 PM
11/11/09 02:23 PM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
Originally Posted By: Srlb

How many times do we see posts of people complaining about their gliders barking all night long and keeping them awake...how grumpy they are because they didnt get their sleep...well now think of how that glider feels if they keep getting woke up during their normal sleeping time...

Revenge? LOL!

Good point, Peggy!

Connie

SmallWorldSuggies

Re: Getting gliders up during the day??? [Re: suggiemom1980] #865158
11/11/09 03:17 PM
11/11/09 03:17 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
I do remember only one time when I was vacuuming the repts with a different vacuum, they all came flying out of their pouches in all three repts. I really didn't think it would make a difference since they were sleeping.

So I quickly turned it off, retrieved the old canister I normally used and continued what I was doing.

I looked up at the top of the rept I was working on and noticed they all sort of shook their heads, looked at me like "have no clue what YOU were thinking", and scampered back to their pouch with a final crab for good measure. I looked at the other repts and everyone was back in their pouches too roflmao

The ole canister vac takes a little longer but ohwell

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,547 TEXAS
679,062 OHIO
487,124 OKLAHOMA
432,131 UTAH
321,659 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024