Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Factual information on PPP? #928159
04/08/10 10:42 PM
04/08/10 10:42 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I am needing some factual information on the horrors of (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets, especially about their fake vet website thing? If anyone could help it would be great. Its for my vet, he has been my mentor as I am aspiring to be a vet and I take my gliders to him. Anyways he found that "Real" vet website and thinks it is the greatest thing is the world and is waiting on being accepted onto that website. frown I don't want to go in with absolutely no evidence and tell him that it is not a good website. A while back I saw a document on here about a fake web address thing signed by Virgil Klunders wife or something? If anyone has that it would be REALLY appreciated

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: Anonymous] #928164
04/08/10 10:48 PM
04/08/10 10:48 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

The best place to get the info is The mill breeder Project.

http://www.millbreederproject.com/millbreederproject/forum/

Perfect Pocket Pets has set up numerous fictious sites including the vet videos and vet site. You can check out the Better Business Bureau in Florida. You will find out how bad they are.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: Dancing] #928171
04/08/10 11:04 PM
04/08/10 11:04 PM
NY
WintersSong Offline
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline
Glider Slave

NY
You might be interested in checking this thread: http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/...r_Fi#Post905929

I believe that the link you're speaking of was mentioned there.

~*Sara*~

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Anais Nin
Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: WintersSong] #928177
04/08/10 11:25 PM
04/08/10 11:25 PM
Lutz Florida
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis
CandyOtte  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Lutz Florida
Here is the link to the Florida registration of the Fictitious Name Association of Sugar Glider veterinarians filed by Kathy Klunder in July 2009. It was cancelled a few months later.

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/ficidet.ex...um=G09000134327

Candy Otte
& the Glider Kids
Sassy, Corky, Mehitabel & Missy
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot
Mindy, Kanobles, Elmo, & Chipper

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com

CandyOtte@aol.com
Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: CandyOtte] #928435
04/09/10 05:04 PM
04/09/10 05:04 PM

N
nibblersmom OP
Unregistered
nibblersmom OP
Unregistered
N

Sorry if this is obvious, but is this the same thing as that ASGV.org website? I see a lot of simularities in what you're talking about. I was starting to trust that site until I saw "how to discipline your sugar glider". that is just cruel.

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #928502
04/09/10 07:05 PM
04/09/10 07:05 PM
NY
WintersSong Offline
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline
Glider Slave

NY
Mhm.. Same thing.

~*Sara*~

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Anais Nin
Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: WintersSong] #932790
04/19/10 10:39 PM
04/19/10 10:39 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I bought my baby from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets.

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: Anonymous] #932806
04/19/10 10:56 PM
04/19/10 10:56 PM
Brighton, Colorado
SuggieDaddy24 Offline
Joey Member
SuggieDaddy24  Offline
Joey Member

Brighton, Colorado
(PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets is the biggest suggie mill in the usa!!!>:^( i feel HORRIBLE for those gliders! and ASGV is (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets..right?

Last edited by SuggieDaddy24; 04/19/10 11:01 PM.

wave~Andrew~wave
[color:blue]DON`T SUPPORT MILLS

mloveMy girl:bb:Kia!mlove
cloud9
Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: SuggieDaddy24] #932807
04/19/10 10:58 PM
04/19/10 10:58 PM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Actually (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets is not a glider mill. They are brokers for glider mills. (just as bad if not worse)

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: Dancing] #932814
04/19/10 11:03 PM
04/19/10 11:03 PM
Brighton, Colorado
SuggieDaddy24 Offline
Joey Member
SuggieDaddy24  Offline
Joey Member

Brighton, Colorado
Thank u Teresa!")

wave~Andrew~wave
[color:blue]DON`T SUPPORT MILLS

mloveMy girl:bb:Kia!mlove
cloud9
Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: SuggieDaddy24] #933538
04/21/10 02:12 PM
04/21/10 02:12 PM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline
Glider Addict
LabNGliderMom  Offline
Glider Addict

Florida
See Here For info on P P P "other websies"

http://www.sugargliderhelp.com/links/pages/Detailed/1620.html

Julie
Hubby: George
Kids: Ayla & Michael
Grandsons: Trysten, Dayton, KJ & Nathyn
The Zoo: Midnight, Severe & Nala - Claude, Pixie, Tippy & Chili - Scout & Soluna, Theo & Deegie

http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: LabNGliderMom] #937239
04/30/10 12:46 PM
04/30/10 12:46 PM

F
fleabag OP
Unregistered
fleabag OP
Unregistered
F

Hello all, We just got two 8wk old males from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets...yep, at the mall. We had no clue as to their reputation and certainly should have done more research. Anyway, we are in for the long haul. They claimed that they are neutered, but isn't 8wks a bit young for that? Do we need to find a vet right away and have them checked out? We did intend to find a vet anyway, but were not in a huge rush. Also, I have seen some references to leaving a bonding pouch inside the cage. (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets never mentioned anything about that, but it sure makes more sense than chasing them around the cage in order to put them in the pouch for carrying/bonding (also scaring the poo out of them). Can someone expand on this a bit?

Thanks

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #937246
04/30/10 12:56 PM
04/30/10 12:56 PM

C
Cr8zyanimalgirl OP
Unregistered
Cr8zyanimalgirl OP
Unregistered
C

Yes you should take him to the vet soon and have him checked out. And yes 8 weeks is way too early to have the neutered. And yes have at least 1 if not 2 or 3 bonding pouches in there for him to sleep in. It also makes it easier for you to handle him getting him out of the cage. I would also read the diet catagory here and get him on a good diet.

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #937253
04/30/10 01:03 PM
04/30/10 01:03 PM
Washington D.C. Metro Area
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

You may not be in a huge rush to find a vet, but your suggies are! And given the fact that you got them from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets, you will want to get there soon to have them tested for parasites (common with suggies from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets). Find a reputable vet and make an appointment for a wellness exam for each of them.

You'll want to have sleeping pouches for each of them and at minimum, two bonding pouches to have when they're with you.

Also, I would bet they gave you Glider Chow (pellets) for them to eat? If so, get them on an approved glider diet ASAP. Pellet food is not good for them and shouldn't be used as a staple. It's okay to use them for a short time while you research and ultimately choose a diet, but try to get them off the pellets as soon as you're able.

Good luck and welcome to GC!

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #937258
04/30/10 01:14 PM
04/30/10 01:14 PM

F
fleabag OP
Unregistered
fleabag OP
Unregistered
F

Originally Posted By: Cr8zyanimalgirl
Yes you should take him to the vet soon and have him checked out. And yes 8 weeks is way too early to have the neutered. And yes have at least 1 if not 2 or 3 bonding pouches in there for him to sleep in. It also makes it easier for you to handle him getting him out of the cage. I would also read the diet catagory here and get him on a good diet.

I am usually a skeptic with any kind of salesfolk, but now I'm a 'sucka'. We will look for a local vet right away. What are the chances that our boys are really neutered? Think I am a sucka on multiple levels? The two of them don't need their own pouches to sleep in do they? They sleep in a pile anyway. And yep, we were sucked into 2 yrs supply of gliderchow.

Last edited by fleabag; 04/30/10 01:15 PM.
Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #937262
04/30/10 01:19 PM
04/30/10 01:19 PM
NY
WintersSong Offline
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline
Glider Slave

NY
My male from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets was neutered when I got him.

Yes. They need pouches, or some sort of nesting box.

Last edited by WintersSong; 04/30/10 01:19 PM.

~*Sara*~

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: WintersSong] #937264
04/30/10 01:30 PM
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

You'll want to have two sleeping pouches in their cage. Most of the time they will sleep together, but as is the case with all kids, they will sometimes need their alone time. It's good to have an option for them in case they need that.

Please look into the various diets that are available. It's VERY important for your gliders' health!

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #937265

S
Sashimi OP
Unregistered
Sashimi OP
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted By: fleabag

I am usually a skeptic with any kind of salesfolk, but now I'm a 'sucka'. We will look for a local vet right away. What are the chances that our boys are really neutered? Think I am a sucka on multiple levels? The two of them don't need their own pouches to sleep in do they? They sleep in a pile anyway. And yep, we were sucked into 2 yrs supply of gliderchow.

Ouch, 2 years? I would throw it out asap and get them on a good diet. There's a ton of good info on this site, check out some of the diets and choose which you think is best for you and your gliders.

I wouldn't call you a 'sucka' on multiple levels, they have a good marketing skeem. They know what people want to hear and go from that. Then when people actually get them, they realize there is A LOT more to sugar gliders than what (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets tells you.

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: DCMuffin] #937266
04/30/10 01:33 PM
04/30/10 01:33 PM
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Oh, forgot to answer your other questions...it's possible they were neutered, but at that age, it's questionable. It's not impossible, however. Once you find a glider knowledgeable vet and bring them in for your wellness exam, they will be able to tell you if they're neutered or not.

Don't feel bad, though...there are other "suckas" out there..you're not alone! (I added this in fun, not meant to be offensive to anyone. tounge )

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: WintersSong] #937269
04/30/10 01:44 PM
04/30/10 01:44 PM

F
fleabag OP
Unregistered
fleabag OP
Unregistered
F

Wow, you guys are great with these quick responses, and I really appreciate it! We were looking for an easy to care for, no hassle pet for the kids...and that's essentially what the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets guys pitched them as (Doh!). I never assumed that the kids would be fully responsible for these little guys in the first place, so I expected my wife and I to be more involved, anyway.

I have a few newbie questions that I don't want to take too much time in searching the whole forum, since this is the most crucial time for health/bonding, etc... I guess I need to know if there is anything that (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets tells folks that is WRONG and IMMEDIATELY DANGEROUS to our little guys. We can deal with the misleading stuff, but want to make sure they are happy and healthy, not to mention not lose the initial out of pocket expense. They squeezed us for $589 for critter #1 (Rocky) with cage and start kit and 300 more for critter#2 (Ernie). That sound ridiculous? Oh well, I guees that's no longer important. We've had em a week and kept gliderchow in at all times, and apple slices at nite. We have also been finger-feeding them a little fruit yogurt each day.(FUN!) Also, we have cut the water with half gatorade. If there is something wrong here, please tell me so we can change immediately.

Last edited by fleabag; 04/30/10 01:45 PM.
Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #937271
04/30/10 01:51 PM
04/30/10 01:51 PM

C
Cr8zyanimalgirl OP
Unregistered
Cr8zyanimalgirl OP
Unregistered
C

They need protien as well as calcium. Go under the diets and find an approved diet that has the right nutrients for them. Glider Chow is not good for them it does not carry the right nutrition for them. I do not think the price you paid seems all that high considering you got a cage with them. How big is the cage?? Do you think it is big enough for 2 to have room to glide and roam?? Do you have pics of them?? The most important things to do right now is get them to a vet and get them on an approved diet to ensure they stay happy and healthy. I hope this helps.

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #937273
04/30/10 01:52 PM
04/30/10 01:52 PM
Columbia, SC
saturngirl Offline
Glider Slave
saturngirl  Offline
Glider Slave

Columbia, SC
I would get your gliders on a good diet asap. They're sap suckers and don't get all the nutrition they need from the pellets.
Here's the link for the diets :

http://www.sugargliderhelp.com/links/pag...tion/index.html

*~*Tara*~*
5~suggies "mini" Cooper & Sophie
Paisley, Maci & Smurf
2 ~cats Kia and Gabby~
1 ~silly puppy Darci~

Rest in Peace Chili Pepper dog...you will always have a special place in my heart

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #937274
04/30/10 01:53 PM
NY
WintersSong Offline
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline
Glider Slave

NY
If they sold ya a heat rock, toss it.

~*Sara*~

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #937275

S
Sashimi OP
Unregistered
Sashimi OP
Unregistered
S

The diet is essential, if you want a good diet that is relatively simple, check out the 'Blended diet', one of our forum members (Candy (OtteMom)) came up with.

www.gliderkids.com

The diet itself is crucial due to health issues that arise from poor nutrition. The diet Candy came up with will last quite a while for 2 gliders if kept in the freezer and unlike some of the other popular diets, is already formulated so you don't have to do a ton of math homework to figure out their dinner every night wink

It gives you a lot of options as to the fruit/vegetables they can have as you should give them different options nightly so they don't get bored with their food.

There's going to be A LOT you're going to be taking in as far as these little creatures go, but they're such a joy to have in the house.

edit: forgot to mention, a lot of the ingredients for the blended diet can be found in the grocery store, the rest you can easily order online from some of GC's vendors (like the HPW powder).

Last edited by Sashimi; 04/30/10 01:58 PM.
Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #937280
04/30/10 02:01 PM
04/30/10 02:01 PM
Chicago, IL
Twintone Offline
Joey Member
Twintone  Offline
Joey Member

Chicago, IL
I think Pocket Pets also gives you a heat rock which you don't need and people say can be dangerous. When you go to the vet, and they're familiar with sugar gliders, they might be able to judge the age. I know you were told 8 weeks OOP because that's the age they want to pass off the gliders, but they could be older or younger. If it's less than 8-10 weeks, the gliders probably haven't been fully weaned which means they might not be great at eating and cleaning on their own. Keep an eye on them and make sure they're getting water and eating.

When you go to the vet, make sure they check for parasites. diet wise start looking into the recommended diets on here. You can start getting some ingredients from the store and the pet store, but typically the diets include something that need to be ordered online. It probably wouldn't hurt to get some meal worms from petsco or petsmart or something to make sure they're getting protein. Feeding non-fat yogurt is good to to make sure they're getting calcium. Maybe some apple juice or nectar mixed with water to keep them hydrated.

If you post pictures of your babies on here, we might be able to tell you if they've been neutered and really do look to be 8 weeks OOP. People on here are pretty familiar with gliders smile. Males have bald spots on their head when the start reaching sexual maturity, but if they've been neutered (specifically "pom off" where the entire sack is removed not just testes extracted) that bald spot will disappear. Maybe a pic of the underside of your boys.

Lastly, I hope you got a wheel or something for exercise. Good luck and welcome to GC! Congratulations on your babies as well! I hope in all this you get to spend some time playing with them and getting to know them!

Dustin
Gliders: Linus :grey: & Lucy :wfb:
Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #937282
04/30/10 02:05 PM
04/30/10 02:05 PM

F
fleabag OP
Unregistered
fleabag OP
Unregistered
F

Originally Posted By: Cr8zyanimalgirl
They need protien as well as calcium. Go under the diets and find an approved diet that has the right nutrients for them. Glider Chow is not good for them it does not carry the right nutrition for them. I do not think the price you paid seems all that high considering you got a cage with them. How big is the cage?? Do you think it is big enough for 2 to have room to glide and roam?? Do you have pics of them?? The most important things to do right now is get them to a vet and get them on an approved diet to ensure they stay happy and healthy. I hope this helps.

I just printed out the SunCoast diet info; maybe the ducks at the park will eat the gliderchow. The cage is the standard (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets starter cage (18x18x24 tall, but divided halfway up). If they need more room, I will start looking for something bigger. Pics are all on my daughter's phone and FB page smile. Starter kit came with heat rock and heat lamp with ceramic element. How toasty do they really need to be? I'd rather not roast em. Oh yeah, the starter kit also came with powdered vitamins (taste like citric acid and sugar). They recommend sprinkling it on the apple slices and mixing it in with yogurt. Is this more worthless garbage? I'm in Huntsville, AL, so I am in a somewhat civilized area. How tough is it going to be finding a vet that will take them? Any tips? Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

Scott

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #937286
04/30/10 02:13 PM
04/30/10 02:13 PM
Chicago, IL
Twintone Offline
Joey Member
Twintone  Offline
Joey Member

Chicago, IL
Did anyone post this yet?

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=newbies

That will walk you through everything you need to know to get started. Also here is the vet directory:

http://www.sugargliderhelp.com/links/pag...ates/index.html

If looking up vet in the phone book or online, kind of look for one that specializes in exotics and/or small mammals. If you have a regular dog/cat vet that you trust, you can call their office and see if they can refer someone. Then when you call the vets office, make sure they have experience with gliders and don't want to file down their teeth like they do with rats or anything.

Dustin
Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #937288
04/30/10 02:14 PM
04/30/10 02:14 PM

C
Cr8zyanimalgirl OP
Unregistered
Cr8zyanimalgirl OP
Unregistered
C

Mine require no heating at all during the spring, summer or fall I only have a floor heather in the room during the cold winter months. I would find them a taller cage one that they can move and glide ones like this would be good http://cgi.ebay.com/Bird-cage-Finches-Co...item19bba80d3a.

As for the vitamins I am not sure if they are good or not I am guessing not mine get their vitamins from their main diet and fresh fruits and veges. i use the BML diet eveything can be bought at the grocery store (except their vitamins). With you having 2 a batch should last you at least a month or longer.

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: ] #937289
04/30/10 02:15 PM
04/30/10 02:15 PM
Columbia, SC
saturngirl Offline
Glider Slave
saturngirl  Offline
Glider Slave

Columbia, SC
Toss the heat rock and heat lamp and the vitamins they gave you. Yes, they need a bigger cage. The cage you usually get from them is a good travel cage but not to live in.
Sun Coast gliders has a good cage called the sturdy cage. I have it and it's perfect for 2 gliders. What they always say bigger is better. You can also look on ebay. Just make sure that the bar spacing is no bigger than 1/2 inch.

Here's the link for the vet database : http://www.sugargliderhelp.com/links/pag...ates/index.html

*~*Tara*~*
5~suggies "mini" Cooper & Sophie
Paisley, Maci & Smurf
2 ~cats Kia and Gabby~
1 ~silly puppy Darci~

Rest in Peace Chili Pepper dog...you will always have a special place in my heart

Re: Factual information on PPP? [Re: Twintone] #937290
04/30/10 02:16 PM
04/30/10 02:16 PM
Chicago, IL
Twintone Offline
Joey Member
Twintone  Offline
Joey Member

Chicago, IL
Oh, and as for the cage it's a little small so you could start looking for something else. There is links in that newbies information I posted above about some really great cages that won't break the bank.

As far as the lamp/rock, sugar gliders regulate their own body temp so they don't need that. If gliders are taken from their mother to young they need that extra warmth (which is a common practice for Pocket Pets). I think some people do keep a heat lamp around in case where their cage is gets to chilly, but generally speaking, if your house is ok for you and your family, the gliders are good with it.

Dustin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 379 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,551 TEXAS
679,068 OHIO
487,134 OKLAHOMA
432,138 UTAH
321,663 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024