Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Color Questions.. (Also, photo request?) #1043032
12/18/10 05:40 PM
12/18/10 05:40 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kozi Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Kozi  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I was talking to someone about WFB vs. WF.

(( ALSO! I am adding a color variety page to my website.. if you'd like a photo of your glider to be used as a reference or have any photos you're willing to let me use, please message me or post here?! laugh I can offer you a link back on my links page! <3 ))

I'm mainly trying to get the group's opinion and see if there is a variant.. if people in other areas or who have different breeding pairs maybe have different opinions about this. I'm assuming I'm not the only one and that that website isn't the only one.. but I'm curious as usually there's some type of standard. =/

According to the website their photo looks like a WF Cinny almost, to me. (This is the photo for WFB.)

And this is their photo for WF.

The website those two are listed on;
http://glidergeek.weebly.com/color-variants.html

Here the same photo(as the first one) is listed again.. (This website lists the glider, their owner and calls it a WF Cinny)
http://www.freewebs.com/glidercraze/colorvariations.htm

This is what I was under the impression was considered a WFB.
(The second and thirs are obviously a Gray next to a WFB.. to show the difference!)

Amber - Loving mommy to lots wonderful little gliders as well as a few other fuzzies and not so fuzzies! :D
(Three joeys currently in pouch! x3)

:grey: :wfb: :rtmo: :leu:
Re: Color Questions.. [Re: Kozi] #1043089
12/18/10 09:07 PM
12/18/10 09:07 PM
Maine
IslandGliders Offline
Glider Addict
IslandGliders  Offline
Glider Addict

Maine
I am so glad you posted this. I'm looking forward to reading the responses. I have such trouble IDing WFBs compared to WFs unless they are right next to one another.

I'm looking forward to my new boy coming out of quarantine so I can hold him against my Michi and see if there is a difference in their coats. Michi is a 1st gen WF or WFB whereas Novak is a 4th gen definite WFB. Just at a glance, their backs look about the same to me, but it might be hard to tell since I can't hold them near each other at the moment.

Re: Color Questions.. [Re: Kozi] #1043093
12/18/10 09:11 PM
12/18/10 09:11 PM
Mohave, AZ
Kayla Offline
Glider Lover
Kayla  Offline
Glider Lover

Mohave, AZ
They also have chocolate apricot and calico????? Ive never heard of those. The calicos look like mosaics and the chocolate apricot sounds yummy, lol but looks like a "brown beauty" or just a variation of a standard grey, maybe with some pouch staining?? Idk. thats interesting.

Gizmo & Trinket
Remy, Bolt & Luna
Violet, Lavender & Indigo
Amaretto & Bailey
:grey: :wfb: :rtmo: :plat: :leu:
Re: Color Questions.. [Re: Kayla] #1043117
12/18/10 09:54 PM
12/18/10 09:54 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kozi Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Kozi  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Kayla
They also have chocolate apricot and calico????? Ive never heard of those. The calicos look like mosaics and the chocolate apricot sounds yummy, lol but looks like a "brown beauty" or just a variation of a standard grey, maybe with some pouch staining?? Idk. thats interesting.

Agreed.. I thought the 'calico' was a mosaic too right off the bat, but I dunno. I dunno who made this website, but again.. another different opinion. x-x

EDIT: Wrong website! :o
In reference to the top link in my first post:
They say Priscilla Price helped with their color chart, I guess. Which is why I'm wondering if different people/breeders have different opinions.. maybe it's somewhat regional..? I dunno. x-x

Last edited by Kozi; 12/18/10 10:07 PM.

Amber - Loving mommy to lots wonderful little gliders as well as a few other fuzzies and not so fuzzies! :D

Re: Color Questions.. [Re: IslandGliders] #1043118
12/18/10 09:55 PM
12/18/10 09:55 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kozi Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Kozi  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: ParadiseOnCall
I am so glad you posted this. I'm looking forward to reading the responses. I have such trouble IDing WFBs compared to WFs unless they are right next to one another.

I'm looking forward to my new boy coming out of quarantine so I can hold him against my Michi and see if there is a difference in their coats. Michi is a 1st gen WF or WFB whereas Novak is a 4th gen definite WFB. Just at a glance, their backs look about the same to me, but it might be hard to tell since I can't hold them near each other at the moment.

Thanks, I'm happy my post will be of use to someone other than me! xD Good luck, let's hope we get lotsa replies.

Re: Color Questions.. [Re: Kozi] #1043130
12/18/10 10:21 PM
12/18/10 10:21 PM
Florida, USA
oakley Offline
Glider Slave
oakley  Offline
Glider Slave

Florida, USA
A lot of the color variations aren't "true" genetic colors but the result of pouch staining, diet, or just slight variation in the standard gray coat. I personally believe there is no difference between WF and WFB. The only genetic difference that separates them from the grays is the lack of the black bar under their ear.

Now is that to say that I don't think there are some gliders that are darker or lighter than one another? Not at all. In fact, I had my own color question not too long ago when I had a really unique WF born at my house. Here she is, notice how light and silver she is. Her hairs were actually tipped white! In one of the pictures she is with her dad who is a gray.

So that's my boring answer for you tounge I don't think you can really differentiate other than saying darker, lighter, etc.

Meghan

~__/>
{{ }}

Suggies: Basil, Mausi, Bagheera/Baloo, & the Trio
Dogs : Pretzel/Snickers
Horse: Nugget
RIP: Gato, Pepito, Pepper, and Mowgli gangel

Oakley's Glider Site
Re: Color Questions.. [Re: Kozi] #1043137
12/18/10 10:28 PM
12/18/10 10:28 PM
Maine
IslandGliders Offline
Glider Addict
IslandGliders  Offline
Glider Addict

Maine
Your girl is so pretty, Meghan. I just can't get over it. Especially in that pic of her next to her dad! That really shows her off!

Re: Color Questions.. [Re: Kozi] #1043138
12/18/10 10:30 PM
12/18/10 10:30 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
It would be really nice if there was a site (and I'm sure there already is) that has great descriptions, then everyone that is creating their own websites could ask permission to link back to that particular site.

With everyone adding their own color pages, there are different descriptions and it just confuses the matter to those new owners/potential owners researching gliders.

(Also wanted to note, that if you are using anyone else's photos, please be sure to get written authorization prior to publishing them on your websites.)

Shelly

Don't sacrifice quality information for convenient information.

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: Color Questions.. [Re: GliderNursery] #1043144
12/18/10 10:41 PM
12/18/10 10:41 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kozi Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Kozi  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: GliderNursery
It would be really nice if there was a site (and I'm sure there already is) that has great descriptions, then everyone that is creating their own websites could ask permission to link back to that particular site.

With everyone adding their own color pages, there are different descriptions and it just confuses the matter to those new owners/potential owners researching gliders.

(Also wanted to note, that if you are using anyone else's photos, please be sure to get written authorization prior to publishing them on your websites.)

That would be why I was asking permission up top on the main post.. asking anyone who's willing to give me permission to contact me with a photo and link. Thanks though.
(I'm sure many websites out there don't have much permission, especially not literally written, though.. =/)

I also agree, but as you can see, everyone's posting a bunch of different [censored] all over. I'm trying to keep a basic standard description down but obviously photos help! laugh Opinions differ, so.. it's hard to have one standard, I guess that's kind of the point of this thread?

Also @ The person up above with the photos..
Your girl looks like my standard gray, she's silvery light compared to the boy she's housed with. But I also have WFB babies who can't compare to even her.. they're much lighter and have a different coloring. Our WFB pair has had gray joeys, or WFB joeys, no grays without the earbar.. so I do have to believe there are WFBs.
So I guess, I do agree. There are lighter and darker, always.. but considering how my pairing throws joeys.. I have to say there is a difference. There will be lighter/darker everythings, usually.. besides leus. tounge But I've seen more pale mosaics, and less pale mosaics.. dark grays not considered BBs and light/silvery grays.. so. There's always some 'wiggle' room so to speak for the light/darkness, but there are still different colors in my opinion.

Last edited by Kozi; 12/18/10 10:43 PM.

Re: Color Questions.. [Re: Kozi] #1043153
12/18/10 10:50 PM
12/18/10 10:50 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
Originally Posted By: Kozi

That would be why I was asking permission up top on the main post.. asking anyone who's willing to give me permission to contact me with a photo and link. Thanks though.
(I'm sure many websites out there don't have much permission, especially not literally written, though.. =/)

Sorry if it looked like I was accusing you of not getting permission ~ not what I meant at all. You obviously were asking within this thread. I was just making a general statement.

Actually, you would be surprised how many people give written authorization to use and/or link to their websites. Actually, linking to a site doesn't require permission per se, but it's a courtesy that I personally feel should be extended to the site owner.

Sorry for taking this off-topic.

Shelly

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: Color Questions.. [Re: GliderNursery] #1043158
12/18/10 10:55 PM
12/18/10 10:55 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kozi Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Kozi  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Sorry if it looked like I was accusing you of not getting permission ~ not what I meant at all. You obviously were asking within this thread. I was just making a general statement.

Actually, you would be surprised how many people give written authorization to use and/or link to their websites. Actually, linking to a site doesn't require permission per se, but it's a courtesy that I personally feel should be extended to the site owner.

Sorry for taking this off-topic.

xD It's ok.. I guess some of my colors will be photo less then unless anyone wants to share. -shrug- =/ I'll have to wait until I own one of those personally.. since I've only got WFB, gray, mosaic and leu photos.. xD;

Re: Color Questions.. [Re: Kozi] #1043159
12/18/10 10:56 PM
12/18/10 10:56 PM
Maine
IslandGliders Offline
Glider Addict
IslandGliders  Offline
Glider Addict

Maine
There will be lighter/darker everythings, usually.. besides leus. tounge But I've seen more pale mosaics, and less pale mosaics.. dark grays not considered BBs and light/silvery grays.. so. There's always some 'wiggle' room so to speak for the light/darkness, but there are still different colors in my opinion.

I agree! I've seen creaminos that are darker than my girl is. smile

Re: Color Questions.. [Re: IslandGliders] #1043162
12/18/10 11:02 PM
12/18/10 11:02 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kozi Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Kozi  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Mhm.. I think I'll add a note on the bottom of my color page mentioning that all of the color variations can vary slightly in shade, somewhat lighter/darker without straying from their true coloring. I'd love to see two Creaminos side to side to tell the difference in shade, that sounds kinda nifty! laugh

Re: Color Questions.. [Re: Kozi] #1043165
12/18/10 11:16 PM
12/18/10 11:16 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
Mhm.. I think I'll add a note on the bottom of my color page mentioning that all of the color variations can vary slightly in shade, somewhat lighter/darker without straying from their true coloring. I'd love to see two Creaminos side to side to tell the difference in shade, that sounds kinda nifty! laugh

That would be a great way to put it! wink

Shelly

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: Color Questions.. [Re: GliderNursery] #1043170
12/18/10 11:20 PM
12/18/10 11:20 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kozi Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Kozi  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

That would be a great way to put it! wink

Thanks so much. laugh I'm putting that notation at the bottom. I'd love to get some good color references/photos to post too along with it.. but it's likely best done with both gliders in one photo as flash and what not can vary photo to photo. ): Perhaps sometime we'll have some better examples of this in photograph. (I'll keep on the look out!)
Still hoping I can find more photos to use as reference though. :o I'm working up my descs now, Gray, WF, WFB, White Tip and BB done. X_X Phew.

Re: Color Questions.. [Re: Kozi] #1043173
12/18/10 11:22 PM
12/18/10 11:22 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
Amber - I sent you a PM.

Shelly

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: Color Questions.. [Re: GliderNursery] #1043178
12/18/10 11:27 PM
12/18/10 11:27 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kozi Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Kozi  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Amber - I sent you a PM.

Thanks and sorry! Replied. xD Hard to see the notification with all those gingerbread men distracting me.

Re: Color Questions.. [Re: GliderNursery] #1044478
12/21/10 04:23 PM
12/21/10 04:23 PM
Vulcan, MO
Meg_n_Von Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Meg_n_Von  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vulcan, MO

I have a fairly decent color variation page on my site here - http://sugarexotics.webs.com/colorvariations.htm - if anyone wants to check it out. I have the WF and WFB in the same section. To me, it's SO hard to tell what a true WFB is anymore. Considering you have to take staining into consideration. smile

Megan & LaVaughn

Sugar Exotics

:bb: Kira :grey: Sadie - Neal :wfb: Pip - Violet :rtmo: Logan - Charli - Tyler - Seamus :plat: Chloe - Cas :leu: Boone

RIP David
Your life was short lived, but your memory will last forever.

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 378 guests, and 88 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,600 TEXAS
679,086 OHIO
487,178 OKLAHOMA
432,185 UTAH
321,703 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024