Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080405
03/03/11 04:30 PM
03/03/11 04:30 PM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline
Glider Addict
LabNGliderMom  Offline
Glider Addict

Florida
I received a 250g package of the HPW Plus yesterday - I made my first batch today - I noticed that MY label did NOT match what was PREVIOUSLY the www.hpwplus.com website (it has since been corrected) - on the website, it was apparently listed INCORRECTLY (due to a typo) with Selenium and Vitamin A as a PERCENTAGE when on MY PACKAGE it shows Selenium as PPM and Vitamin A as KIU/LB and NOT as a "percentage" and I have photos of my packaging to confirm this:

And all I have to say about it is: EVERYONE makes mistakes - even big corporations and small businesses can have website typos or bad first days in business or stuff like that... the mistake was a typo on the website - the actual labels are CORRECT at least for the PLUS (I cannot confirm for the COMPLETE as I do not have a package of it in front of me - though I do intend to get some next week). smile

As for laws requiring a manufacturer to be listed on packaging - I only found ONE item in my "pet pantry" that has anything listed for manufacturer (a bottle of Thirsty Cricket says "manufactured by) - most items ONLY have info for the distributor:

I then checked my "human pantry" - most items say NOTHING but the name of the company and a website with NO preceding "manufacturing or distributing" mentioned, and those that do say something, say "manufactured for" (on a box of Girl Scout Cookies for example) or "distributed by" (on a bottle of Winn-Dixie brand Mustard) - I won't bore you with THOSE pics unless you ask smile

As for calling things by the same name - most tissues are commonly called a Kleenex - but that is a brand name, not the name of the item... Jell-O isn't an item, it is a brand of gelatin yet most folks call it ALL "Jell-O"... Linoleum in actually a brand not a product as well... and then you have a "type" of shirt called a "polo" when Polo was originally a brand name for that type of shirt. Peggy has NOT claimed her HPW Plus or HPW Complete are or have anything to do with "Wombaroo High Protein Supplement" - The people who make Wombaroo High Protein Supplement did not create the "original diet commonly referred to as HPW" - they just make a product called Wombaroo High Protein Supplement that is part OF the "original diet commonly referred to as HPW" - no matter what "most folks" assume the W in the "original diet commonly referred to as HPW" stands for, Peggy's new diet can be called anything she wants as long as she is not committing trademark infringement (which she is not - the name "HPW" was "coined" by PEGGY and was not created or "coined" by the people who make Wombaroo powder [they have just enjoyed the benefits of being associated with it for many years] and the name HPW has NEVER been trademarked or registered) and it is the consumer's responsibility to do their research and decide what diet to feed and where to get the ingredients for it... period.

Julie
Hubby: George
Kids: Ayla & Michael
Grandsons: Trysten, Dayton, KJ & Nathyn
The Zoo: Midnight, Severe & Nala - Claude, Pixie, Tippy & Chili - Scout & Soluna, Theo & Deegie

http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080440
03/03/11 05:51 PM
03/03/11 05:51 PM
WI
Glide_Bye_Lily Offline
Glider Guardian
Glide_Bye_Lily  Offline
Glider Guardian

WI
Quote:
As for calling things by the same name - most tissues are commonly called a Kleenex - but that is a brand name, not the name of the item... Jell-O isn't an item, it is a brand of gelatin yet most folks call it ALL "Jell-O"... Linoleum in actually a brand not a product as well... and then you have a "type" of shirt called a "polo" when Polo was originally a brand name for that type of shirt. Peggy has NOT claimed her HPW Plus or HPW Complete are or have anything to do with "Wombaroo High Protein Supplement" - The people who make Wombaroo High Protein Supplement did not create the "original diet commonly referred to as HPW" - they just make a product called Wombaroo High Protein Supplement that is part OF the "original diet commonly referred to as HPW" - no matter what "most folks" assume the W in the "original diet commonly referred to as HPW" stands for, Peggy's new diet can be called anything she wants as long as she is not committing trademark infringement (which she is not - the name "HPW" was "coined" by PEGGY and was not created or "coined" by the people who make Wombaroo powder [they have just enjoyed the benefits of being associated with it for many years] and the name HPW has NEVER been trademarked or registered) and it is the consumer's responsibility to do their research and decide what diet to feed and where to get the ingredients for it... period.

Well said!!!

Last edited by Glide_Bye_Lily; 03/03/11 05:51 PM.

Allie
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: wclanton423] #1080459
03/03/11 06:48 PM
03/03/11 06:48 PM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
Originally Posted By: wclanton423
Just wondering, but if this wasn't Peggy's diet or the name didn't have HPW in it, would everyone be so up in arms about this? If you don't like it, don't use it.

I don't think it has anything to do with Peggy. People are just concerned, that's how I'm taking it.

Would you buy a brand new type of dog food that your neighbor was using/selling but they can't share the information with you on where it's coming from. I would hope not!!

Ñancy
~Always on my mind & in my heart Jack, Sally & Serenity~

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080460
03/03/11 06:53 PM
03/03/11 06:53 PM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
I honestly think it has A LOT to do with Peggy and A LOT do with HPW.

But that is my personal opinion.

Great post Julie!

Valorie and our 10 fur children

RIP Mary Kate
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080463
03/03/11 07:07 PM
Houston, TX
wclanton423 Offline
Glider Guardian
wclanton423  Offline
Glider Guardian

Houston, TX
I just don't remember this much stink when Candy came out with her diet. I'm using Candy as an example since I wasn't around when alot of the older diets came about. Was the community this upset over the other diets?

Whitney

~Southland Sugar Gliders~

Mommy to:
:grey: :rtmo: :leu: :wfb:
my dogs, Duke and Nikki
my cat Puma
my awesome bunny Swayzee

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Glide_Bye_Lily] #1080464
Kansas
queenduck Offline
Serious Glideritis
queenduck  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kansas
I find it sad they two people in our community report they received the email with the dangerous percentages reported yet they DID NOT contact Peggy.

Yet the both know how to reach Peggy. And even if the had 'lost' Peggy's phone numbers, email address, or way to on of her many pm boxes... they knew who to call to get her phone numbers.

So these percentages were high enough to cause serious and rapid damage.

Then why get the email last night/or even early this am and then not contact Peggy (not by a public post, but personaly) to warn PEGGY, the one responsible to sending it to gliders.

This would have prevented Peggy from sending all the tons of HPW Plus she did this am.

This would have given Peggy time to make a global public post, not an original criptic one to make people wonder and then later come in with the email.

This would have allowed Peggy time to call each customer last night or this am and warn them not to feed HPW Plus until she could find out if there was a real problem or as we know... find out she had typed it wrong.

And of course she would have contacted the manufactoring company and her team.

I know the manufactorying company, I know who her vets are and I know a lot of the actual testing that has been done and some of what is continuing to be done.

I can't tell you exactly why she won't tell everyone, but she has told some of us. She probably is being stuborn because like many of you out there, she doesn't trust you, as you don't trust her. It's a two way street. And because she doesn't have to release the manufactoring company. That is my guess.

Alicia aka Queenduck, Bentley's Nana

We need role models who are going to break the mold ~ Carly Simon
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: queenduck] #1080470
03/03/11 07:49 PM
03/03/11 07:49 PM
Nova Scotia, Canada
S
sunjana1 Offline
Glider Guardian
sunjana1  Offline
Glider Guardian
S

Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted By: queenduck
I can't tell you exactly why she won't tell everyone, but she has told some of us. She probably is being stuborn because like many of you out there, she doesn't trust you, as you don't trust her. It's a two way street. And because she doesn't have to release the manufactoring company. That is my guess.

Ok, what? This thread has been VERY interesting to me as a new glider owner. But objectively, looking at this kind of statement, its pretty easy to see why there's so much uproar over this. Secrecy, exclusion, and spite are recipe's (forgive the pun) for disaster in any context.

Jana
:wfb: - Tim
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: jacknsally] #1080477
03/03/11 08:04 PM
03/03/11 08:04 PM
NY
WintersSong Offline
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline
Glider Slave

NY
Originally Posted By: jacknsally
Just wondering, but if this wasn't Peggy's diet or the name didn't have HPW in it, would everyone be so up in arms about this? If you don't like it, don't use it.

I don't think it has anything to do with Peggy. People are just concerned, that's how I'm taking it.

Would you buy a brand new type of dog food that your neighbor was using/selling but they can't share the information with you on where it's coming from. I would hope not!!

Just commenting to say that I absolutely agree with you.

~*Sara*~

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Anais Nin
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: wclanton423] #1080480
03/03/11 08:08 PM
03/03/11 08:08 PM
NY
WintersSong Offline
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline
Glider Slave

NY
I just don't remember this much stink when Candy came out with her diet. I'm using Candy as an example since I wasn't around when alot of the older diets came about. Was the community this upset over the other diets?

Candy was not creating a brand new product -- she was using products that have already been used in other diets. The only exception being the NOW Calcium carbonate -- but she wasn't the one that created that.

With this, it's a whole new product.
Sorry, but... even if my very best friend in the world created a new pet food for any of my animals, I'd want details before I even considered it.

~*Sara*~

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Anais Nin
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: WintersSong] #1080487
03/03/11 08:19 PM
03/03/11 08:19 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
None of the other diets, Candy's included, are being manufactured and sold on the open market.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080488
03/03/11 08:25 PM
03/03/11 08:25 PM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
I do not see how that makes it any different?

RIP Mary Kate
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080496
03/03/11 08:39 PM
03/03/11 08:39 PM
NY
WintersSong Offline
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline
Glider Slave

NY
I see a big difference between:

"Here's a recipe using these products that are already on the market, that you can do research on."

and

"Here's a recipe using this brand new product that is still being tested, and that I am not allowed to tell you much about now".

These are, of course, not exact quotes. They are not intended to put words into any

Last edited by WintersSong; 03/03/11 08:40 PM.

~*Sara*~

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080517
03/03/11 09:19 PM
03/03/11 09:19 PM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
I guess thats where we differ.

I see it as "Here I found a bunch of stuff already in everyones diet and I am going to mix it around and call it my own diet!"

to

"I have worked really hard to formulate something that I think will be beneficial to everyone. Preliminary testing is done and I was given the go ahead to introduce it. We are still doing MORE testing and as soon as I get that info you will have it. Heres a sample if you want to try it."

I just feel like instead of thinking the best of Peggy, most (not all) have wanted to run her in the ground.

Its great if you have questions. ASK THEM!!! If you like the answers buy the product. If you don't then dont! Dont recommend it and dont buy it.

If tests come out and you then see that you do like it, then start using it if that is your choice.

A lot (not everyone) of people aren't just asking questions and thats a problem.

IMHO

RIP Mary Kate
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: KarenE] #1080527
03/03/11 09:48 PM
03/03/11 09:48 PM
Lone Star
Pockets Offline
Glider Slave
Pockets  Offline
Glider Slave

Lone Star
thrilled and relieved that Peggy's ingredient listing was a typo - Gordon & others are concerned as you could see.

I have always believed the Wombaroo Company as well as people on GC have our sugar glider's well-being as a
top priority and believe most do respect others efforts in business with the creating and making of many
different types of products - wheels, toys, pouches, cages, foods, etc...

Also have seen issues thru the years with others duplicating and selling several of the above items,
that said,
I have personally been involved with the Wombaroo company for almost 15 yrs having friends in both Australia as well as the USA with glider's, macropods - wallabies, kangaroos, wombats, tree kangaroos,etc...
who have relied upon Wombaroo's many products thru the years - as do several zoological parks worldwide especially in regards to endangered fauna.

Certainly am having some problems with others that wish to duplicate an excellent Wombaroo product and some people
here who seem to feel that this is an okay practice in this instance, I have no issues with the creation of a
new and possibly better product, but please do not duplicate another companies product.

Find it difficult to trust others whose actions appear to be doing exactly that - even with the glider's best interest in mind there are boundries we just do not cross.

Last edited by sugarlope; 03/04/11 03:51 PM.

:grey: We will be known forever by the tracks we leave :grey:

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Pockets] #1080535
03/03/11 10:25 PM
03/03/11 10:25 PM
Big Sandy TN
Sherri Offline
Glider Addict
Sherri  Offline
Glider Addict

Big Sandy TN
Originally Posted By: Pockets
Certainly am having some problems with others that wish to duplicate an excellent Wombaroo product and some people
here who seem to feel that this is an okay practice in this instance, I have no issues with the creation of a
new and possibly better product, but please do not duplicate another companies product, as that is dishonest
and called thievery in my book!

Find it difficult to trust others whose actions appear to be doing exactly that - even with the glider's best interest in mind there are boundries we just do not cross.

I find that to be one of the most redundant statements that I have ever heard! Using a statement like that is like telling other companies or business that they can not duplicate ANYTHING that is out there.

I cannot make basic cage sets because Jen makes them, or Cheryl makes them, or Tracy makes them. I can't buy a Sony t.v because Panasonic makes them. I can't buy a blender from KitchenAid because Procter Silex makes them. I can't buy a Ford moldel car because Chevy makes cars too! I can't buy Mountain Dew from Pepsi because Coke makes Mellow Yellow.

I'm sorry that you feel that way Debbie, but there is always room for new and better products!

sherri

Forever home to a wide variety of animals, domestic, farm and exotic.
My passion is my little suggie sweethearts! 731-441-9814

http://www.newbysglidernook.com/index.html
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080586
03/04/11 01:16 AM
03/04/11 01:16 AM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Quote:
I cannot make basic cage sets because Jen makes them, or Cheryl makes them, or Tracy makes them.

But would you be ok with making and selling Sissy pouches? Sissy pouches are unique. Wambaroo High Protein Suppliment is unique. It is not a "basic suppliment powder".

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080615
03/04/11 02:00 AM
03/04/11 02:00 AM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
What makes it so special? Is it because it's for marsupials?

What about reptile vitamins? Are there more than one of those?

What abut pregnancy vitamins....how many brands of those are out there?

What about the ketchup at your table? How many brands of ketchup are out there?

RIP Mary Kate
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080629
03/04/11 03:42 AM
03/04/11 03:42 AM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

I guess by that reasoning, all items made for gliders are now up for grabs for whoever wants to make and sell them regardless who came up with the idea or how much testing and research they put into them.

Sissy's are fair game? CocoPeeps are fair game? Snuggle Bunny pouches are fair game?

Seems same same to me.

Peggy didn't come up with this on her own, she copied Wambaroo.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Dancing] #1080634
03/04/11 04:12 AM
03/04/11 04:12 AM
WI
Glide_Bye_Lily Offline
Glider Guardian
Glide_Bye_Lily  Offline
Glider Guardian

WI
This whole thread is seriously rediculous. Did anyone ever say that regular WHPS would no longer be produced? No.
Did anyone say that you could no longer buy Australian WHPS since this was being made? No
Did anyone ever say that you had to switch your gliders to this diet? No.
Did anyone say that what you are feeding is flawed since this came out? No.

You think Peggy copied Wombaroo and don't like it: Don't feed it.
You don't like that she's not telling who manufactures it or who's funding the research: Don't feed it.
You don't like the ingredients: Don't feed it.

It's simple people!

Honestly, no one cares if you decide not to feed it. It's really (believe it or not) not hurting anyone if you choose not to.

It's sad that many people feel that the world is going to stop if they tell it to. shakehead

Allie
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Dancing] #1080658
03/04/11 05:05 AM
03/04/11 05:05 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Dancing
I guess by that reasoning, all items made for gliders are now up for grabs for whoever wants to make and sell them regardless who came up with the idea or how much testing and research they put into them.

Sissy's are fair game? CocoPeeps are fair game? Snuggle Bunny pouches are fair game?

Seems same same to me.

you forgot the "Hideaway Pouch" LOL

There seems to be so much emotion on this thread that it has become tiring to read it all.

While I am an advocate for good discussion, and like to play devil's advocate so that friendly "debates" can be created, and hear both sides to the situation, we really need to be more objective here.

I understand why so many are upset over this. Truly I do. But the important issue for all of us is whether or not this is a healthy diet for our gliders.

I am not going to condone or condemn Peggy for this. Would I be upset if someone took one of my cookies, tried to copy the recipe and then market it as their own? YES! Is this what Peggy did with Wombaroo? I dont know really. Is it right or wrong? That is not my place to judge. That is between her and the God she serves.

I would love to see all the emotion dropped from this discussion, and keep it on track about whether or not this is a healthy/safe diet.

We have alot of new members here, and more joining everyday, and they may not want to sift through all the side dishes to get to the meat of a matter.

So continue the debate. Be factual. Voice your opinions/experiences. But remember there are many here that are going to go UGH DRAMA and not benefit from the many years of experience we all have to offer.

Last edited by JillMarie; 03/04/11 05:06 AM. Reason: typos

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: JillMarie] #1080661
03/04/11 05:12 AM
03/04/11 05:12 AM
South Africa
Bozeman Offline
Glider Slave
Bozeman  Offline
Glider Slave

South Africa
Originally Posted By: JillMarie
Originally Posted By: Dancing

Seems same same to me.

you forgot the "Hideaway Pouch" LOL

There seems to be so much emotion on this thread that it has become tiring to read it all.

While I am an advocate for good discussion, and like to play devil's advocate so that friendly "debates" can be created, and hear both sides to the situation, we really need to be more objective here.

I understand why so many are upset over this. Truly I do. But the important issue for all of us is whether or not this is a healthy diet for our gliders.

I am not going to condone or condemn Peggy for this. Would I be upset if someone took one of my cookies, tried to copy the recipe and then market it as their own? YES! Is this what Peggy did with Wombaroo? I dont know really. Is it right or wrong? That is not my place to judge. That is between her and the God she serves.

I would love to see all the emotion dropped from this discussion, and keep it on track about whether or not this is a healthy/safe diet.

We have alot of new members here, and more joining everyday, and they may not want to sift through all the side dishes to get to the meat of a matter.

So continue the debate. Be factual. Voice your opinions/experiences. But remember there are many here that are going to go UGH DRAMA and not benefit from the many years of experience we all have to offer.

Good point!

:grey: Casper (Bozeman) & Liezl (Gizmogirl):grey:
www.sugarglider.co.za
hug2

A glider's eyes have the power to speak a great language

PackinFuzz.com Sugar Glider Online Store

RIP: Sugar (2009) :grey:
You unfairly passed too young - your passing saved many gliders and will continue to do so
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: GliderHappy81] #1080663
03/04/11 05:18 AM
03/04/11 05:18 AM
Quincy, IL
glidrz5 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidrz5  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Quincy, IL
Quote:
I find it funny how people "want to see the results" yet they are comfotable with products that have never been researched. Yet many of you feed your Gliders the HPW diet which was created by the same person that created the HPW plus/complete.

Actually the HPW diet is taken from the PML diet created by Pockets who based it on the Taratonga Zoo diet in Austrailia. The only difference that I'm aware of is the addition of bee pollen and an extra egg.

Chris
Illusion, Malcom, Isabell, Annabelle, Zach, Isis, Aly & Indy
AND Miss Emmy & Miss Chloe kitties

:rbridge: My Angels: You are always in my heart.

You've flown to the rainbow
and wait there for me
Someday I will join you
together to be

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080731
03/04/11 11:37 AM
03/04/11 11:37 AM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline
Glider Addict
LabNGliderMom  Offline
Glider Addict

Florida
No, actually, that is NOT correct -

Quote:
actually the HPW diet is from the Wombaroo High Protein Supplement that was used in the PML diet created by Pockets.
(from LGG by SRLB)

Regardless, this is NOT a "copy" of Wombaroo powder IMO - I mean, everyone has been commenting on the difference between the ingredients, right? This is a WHOLE NEW diet - it just happens to be called something similar to what Peggy's OLD diet was called as far as I can see.

I agree with whoever it was that said it is unfair that CandyOtte got less flak for creating the blended diet - and it is NOT fair - she may have used stuff already common to the glider world, but it was still a WHOLE NEW diet - and she got WAY less than THIS - which makes it obvious to me the issue is the CREATOR and not the diet. how sad. frown

Look - I hate to beat a dead horse here, but it really IS a matter of "feed it if you want - don't feed it if you don't want" and that is that - other than people who have a specific question about ingredients or preparation or where to get the diet stuff OR comments by people who feed it as to thumbs up or thumbs down, I really see no need for further discussion about it... especially when it involves finger pointing, sarcasm, accusations, bashing, flaming, or any of that sort of thing - like JillMarie commented - I'd love to see this get off the emotional roller coaster and back on the reasonable merry-go-round. smile

Julie
Hubby: George
Kids: Ayla & Michael
Grandsons: Trysten, Dayton, KJ & Nathyn
The Zoo: Midnight, Severe & Nala - Claude, Pixie, Tippy & Chili - Scout & Soluna, Theo & Deegie

http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Dancing] #1080762
03/04/11 01:02 PM
03/04/11 01:02 PM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
laugh

Last edited by MizValorie; 03/04/11 01:17 PM. Reason: No need for my comment

RIP Mary Kate
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080786
03/04/11 01:42 PM
03/04/11 01:42 PM
Kansas
queenduck Offline
Serious Glideritis
queenduck  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kansas
Teresa, I see your point. I do. And I've never been one to encoourage someone to copy anothers product (except in the Stealth Wheel case and I said I was sorry and I mean it).

So I do see your point, I do. And it is an interesting story.

When someone copies my Sissy Pouch, it's usually a friend, and that hurts. But... it is what it is and I am not going to sue, there is nothing I can do about it that is for sure. So I'd rather people don't do it, esp. those who claim to be my friends, but... I can't stop them.

As for Wombaroo HP suppliment, the only reason I feel it is OK, and I even have a tough time saying that, is because Wombaroo has a monopoly on the product. One that MANY of us feel we can't live without.

Wombaroo only sells to Geoff, he marks it up and then sells to his disributors, and then mark it up. And then after 2 mark ups... we the peole who really need it get to buy it.

There was a shortage once in the past and we scrambled to stock pile enough to get us by. I always have to worry in the back of my mind that someday we won't be able to get it, they will run short, Geoff will mark it up. We are held hostage to Wombaroo.

With Critterlove selling it we now have another OPTION. I have no problem with the original Wombaroo HP suppliment, none at all. The product has served me well for many many years. I still use it, I may continue to only use it. But I now have options. There is a back up plan.

And then that she has fixed the ratios, that is an added benift, I won't complain. It might turn out to be a really great change, only time will tell.

So yes, part of me has issues with it but those issues are not as strong as the pros I can see.

I don't think anyone is asking you to use it. If you are morally against copying someone's product, like the Sissy pouch or Stealth wheel, I understand. If not, try it.

If you won't use it because you suspect a mill breeder had a part in it. Then don't use it. If you don't have a problem with working with a mill breeding, use it.

If you have a problem with using a diet that doesn't have fully released data availbable, don't use it. But if you don't have a problem with that type of diet, use it.

It is choice, an option. No one is forcing anyone to try it, use it, switch completely. No one is saying that original Wombaroo HP suppliment is bad, it isn't. It's till bombdiggity to me.

Alicia aka Queenduck, Bentley's Nana

We need role models who are going to break the mold ~ Carly Simon
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080788
03/04/11 01:47 PM
03/04/11 01:47 PM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

Peggy "copied" Wombaroo?!?!? Hmmm ...well so does Wal Marts "great value" brand of foods...read the labels...they clearly say ON the WalMart brands packages "compare to *insert product*"...the same thing can and be applied to Peggy's powder and Wombaroo. She has a new product SIMILAR to Wombaroo as far as I can see.

Peggy has given the ingredient list...Peggy has posted on her site the guaranteed analysis for ALL of us to read...Peggy posted a FAQ....so what is really the problem here people??

Quote:
which makes it obvious to me the issue is the CREATOR and not the diet. how sad.

No kidding! I ordered HPW Plus from Peggy and I cant wait to get it. When I switched diets from BML to the HPW a few years ago I was thrilled with the results and my gliders were looking better, no leftovers in the bowls 99% of the time and vet checks proved they were all doing great. If Peggys new powder does the same thing and my vet sees no health/nutrition problems....GREAT! To me that's what matters most.

Those of you who are going to stick to the ORIGINAL HPW using the Wombaroo brand...go for it...those of you who use the Blended diet...great....BML, Reep's...etc etc ETC...this is not the end all be all of diets....there's plenty out there to choose from and if you like the diets you feed, and your GLIDERS like it and thrive on it....that's wonderful!!!

It's really really sad seeing so many ppl in this community bashing Peggy because she is choosing to keep CERTAIN things under wrap FOR NOW...I havent seen her post anything saying she would NEVER EVER reveal any results in the future...

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080913
03/04/11 05:29 PM
03/04/11 05:29 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
This post is being closed and a new one is being started. You may find it by clicking the link below. The new thread will not go in the same direction this one did. Posts will be removed and pm's will be sent for violations in the new thread.

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1080912#Post1080912

Eddie

In the Tropics somewhere between the port of indecision and southeast of disorder!

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people."

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching!
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024