Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Cons of pellet food #1091667
03/28/11 04:37 PM
03/28/11 04:37 PM
Miami, Fl
flower09 Offline OP
Glider Lover
flower09  Offline OP
Glider Lover

Miami, Fl
I have been looking at everyone's discussion on pellets and whether they are ok or bad for gliders and the two cons that I see come up are:
1) pellet food is hard and can damage the roof of a gliders mouth leading to infection; and
2)pellet food is not nutritionally sound.

Now, I completely understand the first one but not so sure about the second. While I completely understand that just providing a pellet food with no other protein or fruits and veggies is not nutritionally sound, I do not see why, when given along as part of a diet, it would not be a sound diet (based on nutrition not the damage to mouth.) I don't see the difference between the nutrition of a GOOD pellet food (not soy or corn based) and the Wombaroo High Protein powder used in HPW. Both are just formulas. The only difference is that one is in powder form and one is in pellet form.

What do you guys think?

p.s. please no angry posts. Just trying to play devil's advocate. You get the best answers like that sometimes when you try to see from the other point of view. smile

Jenny
Mom to sugar gliders Flower :grey: , Meeko :bb: , Freedom :bb: Skipper :bb: and Ava :rtmo:
as well as 2 dogs, Coco and Macey
seven cats, Chica, Nala, Balls, Belly, Princesa, Kitten little, and OJ
an Amazon parrot, Pancho
and a cockatiel, Pio
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1091681
03/28/11 05:00 PM
03/28/11 05:00 PM

M
Megs
Unregistered
Megs
Unregistered
M

Technically when you make lasagna it's a formula! wink roflmao

Some argue about the damage to the mouth part. I believe it's true, as per what my vet found in every pellet fed rescue I've gotten.

That aside, I think when you want to argue about the nutrition of a pellet, you need to look at the ingredients and the %s.

Here's some awesome charts for you to look at in regards to pellets. smile

http://www.sweet-sugar-gliders.com/Pellet%20Food%20Analysis%20-%20Comparison%20Chart.pdf

http://www.sweet-sugar-gliders.com/Pellet%20Food%20Analysis%20-%20Full%20List%20by%20Vendor.pdf

http://www.sweet-sugar-gliders.com/Pellet%20Food%20Analysis%20-%20Quick%20View.pdf

Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1091727
03/28/11 07:03 PM
03/28/11 07:03 PM

L
lovely1inred
Unregistered
lovely1inred
Unregistered
L

Most of the pelleted foods are crunched up meal worms or a bunch of fillers like soy and corn that you mentioned.

Some foods, like Wholesome Balance, are fed along side the daily staple diet and have been formulated to be nutritionally sound. But most of the products out there, even labelled for sugar glider consumption, are just not enough to give a balance of proper nutrition by themselves.

Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1091749
03/28/11 07:34 PM
03/28/11 07:34 PM
Rhode Island
FuzzierThanMost Offline
Glider Lover
FuzzierThanMost  Offline
Glider Lover

Rhode Island
I would rather drink a smoothie than eat stale granola bars! My guys are the same, they know where the good hard food is, if they want it they will let me know ahaha

~Ella~

:grey: Fuzz LightYear
:grey: Fuzzméralda
:grey: The Little Furmaid
:grey: Furora
:grey: Furcules
:grey: Fuzz Charming

Kitties, Faith and KitKat

Doggy, Dingo

And the person who puts up with it all, Christopher<3 <3 <3
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1091757
03/28/11 07:59 PM
03/28/11 07:59 PM
FL
J
jimbo Offline
Joey Member
jimbo  Offline
Joey Member
J

FL
lovely1inred, thank you for sharing the above on Wholesome Balance. It seems strange people focus so much on the form of the food rather than on what the ingredients are.

flower09, I can't speak for all pelleted foods, but we've not seen any mouth injuries with Wholesome Balance in the years we have been feeding it. We're simply following a protocol designed by professional zoo nutritionists. Would think if there was a problem, zoos and other professional habitats would stop feeding their gliders pellets.

Jimbo, Webmaster
SunCoast Sugar Gliders
http://www.sugar-gliders.com/
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1091777
03/28/11 08:27 PM
03/28/11 08:27 PM

L
lovely1inred
Unregistered
lovely1inred
Unregistered
L

You're very welcome Jimbo. It took me a while, when Wholesome Balance first became available, to understand that it was fed along side a good diet, and not as the entire diet.

Pellets are a very confusing subject, for sure. Just like with dog and cat foods, there is junk, and then there is good stuff. One thing that we all agree on though, is that NO pellet is a replacement for fresh food items every evening smile

Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: jimbo] #1091782
03/28/11 08:45 PM
03/28/11 08:45 PM
Vancouver, WA
GliderGuy540 Offline
Glider Lover
GliderGuy540  Offline
Glider Lover

Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: jimbo
lovely1inred, thank you for sharing the above on Wholesome Balance. It seems strange people focus so much on the form of the food rather than on what the ingredients are.

flower09, I can't speak for all pelleted foods, but we've not seen any mouth injuries with Wholesome Balance in the years we have been feeding it. We're simply following a protocol designed by professional zoo nutritionists. Would think if there was a problem, zoos and other professional habitats would stop feeding their gliders pellets.

I always have a small amount of Suncoast's Wholesome Balance available to my fuzzbutts and they like it. Between 2 of them they eat 4-6 pieces a night and finish up all their BML. I am trying to find a fruit/veggie relish they like now. We had a thorough (and expensive :shocked:) vet checkup last week and saw no problems in either girls mouth and the e-vet approved of the diet I am using.

--==Kevin==--
Suggie-Daddy to Willow, Wicket, and Loki
:grey: :grey: :plat:

Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1091789
03/28/11 08:50 PM
03/28/11 08:50 PM

E
ephymeris
Unregistered
ephymeris
Unregistered
E

I've never found a pelleted food that my gliders liked for more than a week. Once the novelty of it wore off, my guys wouldn't touch it. I tried it as an adjunct to their diet but they weren't impressed by pellets so I'm still a BML gal.

Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: GliderGuy540] #1091803
03/28/11 09:15 PM
03/28/11 09:15 PM

M
Megs
Unregistered
Megs
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By: GliderGuy540

I always have a small amount of Suncoast's Wholesome Balance available to my fuzzbutts and they like it. Between 2 of them they eat 4-6 pieces a night and finish up all their BML. I am trying to find a fruit/veggie relish they like now. We had a thorough (and expensive :shocked:) vet checkup last week and saw no problems in either girls mouth and the e-vet approved of the diet I am using.

If you're feeding BML you need to stick to the fruits and veggies specified for that diet. The smoothie and relish recipes are geared towards HPW.

Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: ] #1091822
03/28/11 09:50 PM
03/28/11 09:50 PM
u.s.a.
the gliders angel Offline
Glider Addict
the gliders angel  Offline
Glider Addict

u.s.a.
i use wholesome balamce for their teeth as in australia they use one piece of dry dog food for their teeth to prevent dental issues. ive been using a hard food for 6 yrs now. i also use mazuri from exotic nutrition and briskeys along with their diet. these are just treats daily.

Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1091856
03/28/11 11:04 PM
03/28/11 11:04 PM
Vancouver, WA
GliderGuy540 Offline
Glider Lover
GliderGuy540  Offline
Glider Lover

Vancouver, WA
@ Megs: at this point I'd just be happy to get them to eat more fruits/veggies so IMO not too worried about about a little extra honey or juice with their vegs to get them to eat em as long as the ca:phos ratio is good.

--==Kevin==--
Suggie-Daddy to Willow, Wicket, and Loki
:grey: :grey: :plat:

Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1091956
03/29/11 03:38 AM
03/29/11 03:38 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
Jenny, I like to play devils advocate too (I just heard a few people say "Nooooooo really?" LOL)

I personally do not believe that pellets cause mouth damage for one.

As for whether they are nutritionally sound or not really depends on the pellet in question. Just like any animal kibble, some are good, some are not. With that being said, I do not feel ANY packaged animal kibble is a completely nutritional diet, and they all need to have some other variety to make up any "hole" in the nutrition.

You mentioned the high protein wombaroo, even that is meant to be fed along side other foods.

Add to that the fact that most of the time our little furries are in cages, and getting the same old pellet every day would get boring. Adding in fresh and different foods adds interest to their meal.

PS....I do use a "pellet" diet as a small part of their dinner smile

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1091968
03/29/11 05:05 AM
03/29/11 05:05 AM
Iowa
E
eshaw Offline
Glider Lover
eshaw  Offline
Glider Lover
E

Iowa
Well, I may as well add my two cents worth here. I myself don't think that mouth injuries are a big problem when feeding pelletized food. It's not like the animal is in such a rush to eat that it has a total disregard for its self. Also, one thing to bear in mind about pellets is that they can cause plaque buildup at the base of the tooth, something to be avoided with an animal that only has one set of teeth its entire life. Dental problems should be avoided at all costs.

Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1092068
03/29/11 11:09 AM
03/29/11 11:09 AM
Lutz Florida
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis
CandyOtte  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Lutz Florida
GliderGuy540 -

It is not the honey or juice in the relish & smoothie recipes that will through off the ratios.

BML has a high ratio 3.1:1 alone and is designed to be fed with the standard frozen mixed vegetables and melons & Berries for fruit. These are the fruits and vegetables that balance the extra calcium in BML so the whole feeding is close to the goal of 2:1.

The fruit and veggie relish recipes designed for HPW are higher in calcium and will only through off the overall balance of your glider's diet when fed with BML.

If you want to use the relish and smoothie recipies, you should consider feeding one of the HPW diets.

Candy Otte
& the Glider Kids
Sassy, Corky, Mehitabel & Missy
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot
Mindy, Kanobles, Elmo, & Chipper

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com

CandyOtte@aol.com
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: eshaw] #1092086
03/29/11 12:06 PM
03/29/11 12:06 PM
Miami, Fl
flower09 Offline OP
Glider Lover
flower09  Offline OP
Glider Lover

Miami, Fl
Originally Posted By: eshaw
Also, one thing to bear in mind about pellets is that they can cause plaque buildup at the base of the tooth, something to be avoided with an animal that only has one set of teeth its entire life. Dental problems should be avoided at all costs.

Why do you think pellets would cause plaque buildup in sugar gliders? With other animals, vets say to always give some hard food to help rub away plaque buildup.

I also don't believe that pellet food always causes damage in the mouth. It is something that can happen just like when we bite wrong on a potato chip and hurt the roof of our mouth. smile Also, just because there is damage to the mouth, that doesn't necessarily mean that it will cause infection - or else everytime we hurt our mouth we would get infections too! I have heard of sugar gliders that have problems in their mouth that eat pellet food though. However, could it be caused by the poor nutrition that those gliders get when eating bad pellet food? Maybe that makes them more susceptible to infections? Have there been any scientific studies done on gliders with mouth injuries maybe to determine the cause?

Jenny
Mom to sugar gliders Flower :grey: , Meeko :bb: , Freedom :bb: Skipper :bb: and Ava :rtmo:
an Amazon parrot, Pancho
and a cockatiel, Pio
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1092115
03/29/11 12:45 PM
03/29/11 12:45 PM
in my happy place
S
sugarlope Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarlope  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
S

in my happy place
Originally Posted By: flower09
Why do you think pellets would cause plaque buildup in sugar gliders? With other animals, vets say to always give some hard food to help rub away plaque buildup.

I agree, have you ever seen the difference in plaque between a dog/cat that is on a strict dry diet versus one that has wet food frequently - HUGE, HUGE difference.

I don't subscribe to the mouth injuries with hard foods either, to be honest. Infections/abscesses in the mouth can occur no matter what diet is being fed.

As to the nutritional value. I don't like the idea of feeding a pellet only diet because it is not my preference. But it's a personal choice - I do know many, many gliders that have lived very long lives on nothing more than a particular pellet food and water. Some were more stained, yes, but they were/are also active, happy, healthy gliders that had healthy joeys.

I think there are a few pellets that can work very well as part of a healthy diet. (I, personally, like the idea of pellets and fresh food better than just pellets, but again, that's just my opinion). I keep pellets in my cage because I have a food hoarder and I find that pellet food can help me keep the hoarding at bay. Not only that, but sometimes, they will choose to eat more pellet, less of their fresh food.

~Gretchen

If we never loved, then maybe we would never feel pain. Love anyway. It's worth it.
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1092144
03/29/11 01:28 PM
03/29/11 01:28 PM
Nova Scotia, Canada
S
sunjana1 Offline
Glider Guardian
sunjana1  Offline
Glider Guardian
S

Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted By: flower09
Originally Posted By: eshaw
Also, one thing to bear in mind about pellets is that they can cause plaque buildup at the base of the tooth, something to be avoided with an animal that only has one set of teeth its entire life. Dental problems should be avoided at all costs.

This may or may not be true of glider pellet diets. Many cat and dog foods are made with an enzyme that aides in plaque resistance and/or destruction. I do not know if this is true of glider pellets. That doesn't mean that hard food wouldn't help with plaque reduction, but the results may be different than with cat or dog food.

Jana
:wfb: - Tim
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1092167
03/29/11 02:02 PM
03/29/11 02:02 PM
Miami, Fl
flower09 Offline OP
Glider Lover
flower09  Offline OP
Glider Lover

Miami, Fl
I definitely agree with you that a pellet only diet is probably not the best choice. I don't think we are anywhere near, scientifically, to be able to provide a pellet only diet that is nutritionally sound for sugar gliders, like we have with cats and dogs.

I had just seen so many people bashing all pellet diets and saying that absolutely none could be good and I don't think it's good to ever close your mind to anything new. It is always good to take new information and study it and make the decision for yourself whether it is good or bad instead of just taking others word for it. That is why I brought up HPW. In essence, the high protein Wombaroo is the same as a nutritious pellet food - it is a mixture that must be combined with other foods in order for it to be a sound diet, yet so many more people are likely to be ok with HPW and not with a diet that contains pellets. I think it is because HPW has been around so much longer it has just become accepted as a good diet. The same thing can happen with pellet food if we give it a chance. That is not to say, obviously, that all pellet food should be considered. There are some that have no nutritional value at all and are marketed by people that just want to make money. I just believe that the more research that is done on sugar glider nutrition, the more our gliders will benefit so we shouldn't be close minded to anything new.

Jenny
an Amazon parrot, Pancho
and a cockatiel, Pio
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1092179
03/29/11 02:29 PM
03/29/11 02:29 PM
FL
J
jimbo Offline
Joey Member
jimbo  Offline
Joey Member
J

FL
HPW is actually a pretty new diet, the High Protein Wombaroo formula came on the scene late 2007 - early 2008, I believe.

The SunCoast diet has used zoo-grade pellets since 1999, making it one of the oldest diets around wink

Jimbo, Webmaster
SunCoast Sugar Gliders
http://www.sugar-gliders.com/
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1092182
03/29/11 02:38 PM
03/29/11 02:38 PM

M
Megs
Unregistered
Megs
Unregistered
M

I'm one who thinks staying away from all pellets is about the best decision one could make. I think all of them are ICKY (no I'm not talking flavor) and so on and so forth.
BUT... I feel that should you decide for whatever reason to offer them, you need to look closely at the ingredients.

Furthermore, I think comparing HPW to pellets is like comparing apples to trampolines, it's that huge of a difference.

And HPW is much like most of the glider safe diets. They are to be fed alongside fruits and veggies. This doesn't make them bad. Do you know why HPW and BML are offered? For the protein content.

What about pellets? Nothing nutritionally sound about them. Other than they're fillers and MIGHT help with dental health, which in that case, I recommend ordering euc branches from Matt. They're safe, healthy for their dental health, AND help make the house smell good.

Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1092190
03/29/11 02:56 PM
03/29/11 02:56 PM

C
Cory_Ruffing
Unregistered
Cory_Ruffing
Unregistered
C

I believe that the first problem here is the blanket term of "pellet". It covers all pellets made, both the good ones and the bad ones. I wish we could discriminate.

Secondly I agree with the using pellets (good) for dental reasons. Someone mentioned earlier about plaque on dog and cat teeth that are fed canned food as opposed to pelleted. This is especially valuable being that so many gliders develop tooth abscesses which can be caused from dental disease. This is one of the reasons why I keep a bowl full of the wholesome balance in their cages at all times. My gliders do eat 2-6 pellets per cage a night.

The other reason I keep pellets in their cage is in the off chance that something may happen to me that I can't get home to feel them like car accident etc. I have given my friends keys to the apartment and keep instructions just in case but in the off chance that I can't contact them, I am comfortable that they will have something to eat.

I guess that's my two cents

Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: jimbo] #1092197
03/29/11 03:16 PM
03/29/11 03:16 PM
Northern Ohio
Nikki Offline
Glider Guardian
Nikki  Offline
Glider Guardian

Northern Ohio
HPW is actually a pretty new diet, the High Protein Wombaroo formula came on the scene late 2007 - early 2008, I believe.

The SunCoast diet has used zoo-grade pellets since 1999, making it one of the oldest diets around wink

I have been using HPW since the beginning of 2008. I know that Peggy has been using it since 2004/2005.

Nikki
Mommy to Cameron 7/8/11
Macy and Luke :grey:
Bird :bb:

http://sugarglidertoys.webs.com/
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1092207
03/29/11 03:36 PM
03/29/11 03:36 PM
Spring, Texas
Trigger Offline
Glider Addict
Trigger  Offline
Glider Addict

Spring, Texas
HPW has been around since before I started feeding it in 2007,
The original fruit and vegi relishes were NOT made specifically for HPW diet feeders. They were actually made using the vegis and fruits that are fed with BML diets, it is only recently that people have created these new "FILL the blender w/ BOK CHOY" relishes for HPW feeders.

Common sense would be that we can ALL blend the fruits and vegis we use for our diets.

Jimbo, when did suncoast change to Wholesome Balance Glider pellets? You did not have it in 2007 when I ordered zookeepers from the site.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»MO MONEY!»-(¯`v´¯)-»
kids Chance, Dylan, John, & Kayla
Skittles, Snupi, Snuki, Lucy, Shanu, Caspian, Ivy, Kalysta, Kaliya, Santee, Cheyenne, Apache, Comanche, Twirpy, Meribelle, Santeria, Shyamalan, Sebastian, Zoey, Naira & Katsu
www.jensfuzzyfriends.com
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: ] #1092213
03/29/11 03:41 PM
03/29/11 03:41 PM
WI
Glide_Bye_Lily Offline
Glider Guardian
Glide_Bye_Lily  Offline
Glider Guardian

WI
Originally Posted By: Megs
I'm one who thinks staying away from all pellets is about the best decision one could make. I think all of them are ICKY (no I'm not talking flavor) and so on and so forth.
BUT... I feel that should you decide for whatever reason to offer them, you need to look closely at the ingredients.

Furthermore, I think comparing HPW to pellets is like comparing apples to trampolines, it's that huge of a difference.

And HPW is much like most of the glider safe diets. They are to be fed alongside fruits and veggies. This doesn't make them bad. Do you know why HPW and BML are offered? For the protein content.

What about pellets? Nothing nutritionally sound about them. Other than they're fillers and MIGHT help with dental health, which in that case, I recommend ordering euc branches from Matt. They're safe, healthy for their dental health, AND help make the house smell good.

I have many problems with this post.

First, not all pellets are "icky" it's ok if it's YOUR opinion. But it's just YOUR opinion. Many pellets are made of high quality ingredients that can, when fed properly help enhance the diet you're already feeding. Whether it be for dental reasons, filler reasons, added protein, etc. They are not all "icky"
There is little to no nutritional value in yoggies, yet many people feed them rather often because their gliders like them. Are they "icky" because there is little to no nutritional value in them? no, but they should be fed in moderation. Same goes for pellets. Should pellets be fed as the only source of food alongside fruits and veggies? No. Gliders anatomy's are not really made to handle that sort of substance as their only source of nutrition. But fed in moderation alongside their main source of food and nutrition is fine. (As long as the diet indicates that it is ok)

Second, there is much more that goes into the main diet of HPW and BML besides protein. This is NOT the sole reason why it is fed, if it was- chicken or eggs daily would fulfill a gliders nutritional needs. They don't. There are added vitamins and minerals in the diet that gliders need that they will not get from eating veggies and fruits alone. Again, protein is not the only reason why HPW and BML are offered.

Third, I already covered my issues with 'nutritionally sound' and pellets. But I also wanted to add that putting a euc branch in a gliders cage does little to nothing for a gliders teeth if they don't chew on the branch. We do not have a single cage here that chews on branches. They peel off leaves and nest with them, but do not chew on the euc itself. So saying that putting a euc branch in a gliders cage will do the same thing for their teeth as a hard substance such as a pellet that they will actually eat, is completely false. If your glider actually chews branches, more power to you. But many gliders do not.

Again, PLEASE do more research before stating things as fact. A new glider owner may be confused by members opinions when they are looking for facts.

Also, HPW has been around longer than 07-08.

Last edited by Glide_Bye_Lily; 03/29/11 03:46 PM.

Allie
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1092220
03/29/11 03:52 PM
03/29/11 03:52 PM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
Allie, nice responses. I was actually thinking along those same lines.

I have tried the the euc branches too, and beleive it or not they "used" the rose of sharon and ignored the euc. But they never "chewed" it, they stripped off bark (off the rose of sharon).

I do agree that SOME pellets are higher quality than others. It makes sense to read the ingredients and see just what is in the pellets.

Here's a thought: Papaya is highly used and recommended for feeding gliders. But papaya alone would not be nutritionally sound. the same is true of pellets. Pellets are fine as a PART of a diet, but by themselves are not nutritionally sound.

The OP made a valid point, that the "powders" used in HPW and BML are a "formula" designed for gliders, but still need to be served along side fruits and veggies. Pellets are basically the same IDEA. The question is who has the best formula, and it is still best to serve it along side fruits and veggies.

Last edited by JillMarie; 03/29/11 03:53 PM. Reason: typos

^website link wink

Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1092230
03/29/11 04:07 PM
03/29/11 04:07 PM
Kansas
queenduck Offline
Serious Glideritis
queenduck  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kansas
I've been using the original Wambaroo HPW since after the 2005 SGGA.

Alicia aka Queenduck, Bentley's Nana

We need role models who are going to break the mold ~ Carly Simon
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1092251
03/29/11 04:36 PM
03/29/11 04:36 PM
Washington
T
tjlong Offline
Glider Slave
tjlong  Offline
Glider Slave
T

Washington
Quote:

Again, PLEASE do more research before stating things as fact.

:gidea:

Regards,
Tracy
(425) 789-7753
Acres of Sugar

:rtmo: Slave to Several Adorable Gliders :wfb:
~~~~~ :cream: :grey: :leu: :bb: ~~~~~
Sugar Glider Genetic Project

Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1092254
03/29/11 04:56 PM
03/29/11 04:56 PM
Miami, Fl
flower09 Offline OP
Glider Lover
flower09  Offline OP
Glider Lover

Miami, Fl
JillMarie, thank you, those were all the exact points that I was trying to make.

Allie, that was the reason I brought up this post- so many people give their opinions and state them as facts without doing any research, just listening to what others in the community have already said. Although there is an immense amount of knowledge about glider care in this community, you also can't take everyone's word for everything. What if the facts that they are giving you are just their opinion? Does that make sense?

I think that sometimes we just get a little too focused on who's right and who's wrong and and that keeps us from learning new things that might be better for our gliders - and everyone here is definitely together on that topic- giving our gliders the best life possible! smile

Jenny
an Amazon parrot, Pancho
and a cockatiel, Pio
Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: jimbo] #1092259
03/29/11 05:00 PM
03/29/11 05:00 PM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey

I actually have a question about this. What specifically do you mean by "zoo grade" pellets? Wholesome Balance is pretty new isnt it? So I am curious as to what pellets were used before. I know you used the Zookeepers, what did you guys use before that? Just curious. smile

I have been told that the HPW diet has been in use by some breeders as far back as 2004, wasn't "Pockets" using it even before that?

^website link wink

Re: Cons of pellet food [Re: flower09] #1092263
03/29/11 05:06 PM
03/29/11 05:06 PM
Spring, Texas
Trigger Offline
Glider Addict
Trigger  Offline
Glider Addict

Spring, Texas
Pockets did not use the HPW diet, you are thinking of the PML diet(Pocket's Modified Ledbeaters diet)

»-(¯`v´¯)-»MO MONEY!»-(¯`v´¯)-»
kids Chance, Dylan, John, & Kayla
Skittles, Snupi, Snuki, Lucy, Shanu, Caspian, Ivy, Kalysta, Kaliya, Santee, Cheyenne, Apache, Comanche, Twirpy, Meribelle, Santeria, Shyamalan, Sebastian, Zoey, Naira & Katsu
www.jensfuzzyfriends.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024