Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: heidi] #1168218
09/06/11 12:31 AM
09/06/11 12:31 AM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
Originally Posted By: heidi
you are doing a great job ....keep up the good work

Thankyou! Little by little!

:leu: - Minnie , :plat: /Mosaic - Alto
Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1168222
09/06/11 12:39 AM
09/06/11 12:39 AM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
Past two nights have gone relatively well.

I can take out the pouch, and look at her, as well as stick my hand in, without any crabbing/problem. I have not tried physically taking her out yet, so we'll see how that goes in the next few days.

Night time is a little interesting. She'll come to me on the side of the cage, and doesn't really hesitate crawling on my hand/up my arm.

She'll occasionally nip at my fingers/arm/hand/etc -- and while it doesn't hurt, I can see the potential in it hurting a lot -- if she decides to really bite. I just kinda say "No Biting Minnie" and either flex my fingers or my palm and she'll move on to something else. I don't think there's anything malicious behind it... but still --

I think she's starting to become a lot more curious with her surroundings as well. She's really starting to explore EVERYTHING with her cage -- she'll fully go into the ball pit, and make a bigger mess than before. My intuition is telling me that she's now really starting to get comfortable with everything -- which warms my heart a little.

Though, at times, I feel as though she's starting to get a little bored --- because she'll climb up my arm, and then start doing that "I'm going to crawl all over the outside of the cage and stress mommy out" thing -- though I'm getting much better about the stress part. I don't like leaving her un-supervised, but I tried today, to back off a little bit and let her walk around the outside, and she responded to me much better.

Tomorrow, I'm going to see if I can take her out of the pouch for a little bit -- and maybe just hold her on my chest or something. This way, she can start learning that my torso is not going to eat her (which, I think she thinks now, since my hand to before my shirt starts is OK zone, but not anything else)

Last edited by AliceDoll; 09/06/11 12:40 AM.

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1168478
09/06/11 08:12 PM
09/06/11 08:12 PM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
I took Minnie out of her pouch today -- granted, I had to sneakily do it, and I don't think she really liked it -- but there wasn't any crabbing or anything -- she just kinda pooped and peed on me, then started to crawl around my hands -- then go back into her pouch.

Pretty successful, I think anyway.

YAY my first poo and pee~!

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1168483
09/06/11 08:20 PM
09/06/11 08:20 PM
conway south carolina/ us
heidi Offline
Glider Slave
heidi  Offline
Glider Slave

conway south carolina/ us
youve been marked......they like comfert. cup your hands around her. not titely..bring treats,lay on couch with a few mwalies on your torso and let her sit and eat them....you are doing a great job...

"promise me you'll always remeber:you're braver than you believe,and stronger than you seem,and smarter than you think" christopher robin to pooh
Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1168877
09/07/11 06:33 PM
09/07/11 06:33 PM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
Thanks heidi I will try that for next time!!! smile

Minnie woke me up this morning-- 4:40 am by barking, she seemed pretty excited to see me ( I think) either that or excited to get out of her cage for a bit. I had a really hard time functioning, I had to lure her back in with a yogie.

<---totally trained.

She started barking again around 6am, but I was so tired I think I fell back asleep. (I was up late last night with her, and have early morning classes)

Today I bought a tent, the 24 dollar one from walmart -- it's HUGE. It didn't fit in my room, so we'll have to go to the living room -- I'm a bit nervous about doing that, but It might be a good experience for her and for me. We'll see how that goes tonight! (Maybe it'll calm her down enough so I can get some sleep!)

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1168958
09/07/11 10:00 PM
09/07/11 10:00 PM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
Bathroom time is horrible --- I thought about using the tent, but it was so huge -- and in the living room (my poor roommate, would hate it!) that I decided to try the bathroom.

Biggest mistake ever, Minnie was so scared of it, and she faceplanted from jumping from the curtain rod to the other side of the wall -- I never thought she'd jump from there if there was nothing to land on on the other side.

Did she want to get away from me that much?! I wasn't even moving!

I was so worried about her, she seemed ok, but I don't think I'll be trying this bathroom thing again. I'm all heartbroken, and sad, and disappointed.

The only consultation is the fact that when after she crawled into her pouch, she didn't crab at me when I went to check on her.

I can't even trim her nails now, I have scratches all over my arm, she digs into the skin when she walks, and its starting to hurt really bad.

I think I need a drink. *stressing out*

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1169177
09/08/11 12:01 PM
09/08/11 12:01 PM
Edison, NJ
uhohkaitlina Offline
Out of Pouch
uhohkaitlina  Offline
Out of Pouch

Edison, NJ
Hey AliceDoll,

You truly are doing great.

Two years ago I went through what you are going through. Today, my little girl and I are attached to the hip (kinda, she likes to explore the environment much more now and has no problem jumping on to the floor!)

And I will say that your posts are giving me hope. I started a post the other day about how I adopted a boy because I thought that my little suggie might have been lonely (and of course pairs is the best option). The one I adopted was already going through a depression because his brother had accidently suffocated himself in a sock. He has ripped out part of his hair on his head (how I don’t know but there’s a balding spot), he’s stained BRIGHT YELLOW underneath from urinating on himself, and I feel like he hates me. I know he doesn’t, I know he is just confused, but it hurts. So I sympathize with you. Just keep doing what you are doing and it’ll get better. That is what I keep telling myself. I am actually bringing him to work with me every day, the cold weather is helping me out since I can just slip him underneath my sweatshirt. =).

And now I am off to the store to get some more yummy treats.

Keep us updated. You’re constant updates are truly an inspiration!

Completely Smitten By: Kazi and Skeeter
Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1169361
09/08/11 08:30 PM
09/08/11 08:30 PM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
Thanks Uhohkaitlina -- it's hard to remind myself sometimes that these things take time. I have puppy syndrome sometimes, I can't really help it. I just need to remember how things will be in the long run.

I had school early this morning, but as soon as I got back, I held Minnie all day (till about right now) She's getting so much better about me putting my hand in the pouch. I don't get a crab, even if I don't have a treat on me. She'll take to sleeping on my hand too, if I stay there long enough.

I'm just at a loss now, what to do during night time -- Maybe I just need a smaller tent or something.

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1169384
09/08/11 09:15 PM
09/08/11 09:15 PM

X
xobeautifuluvox
Unregistered
xobeautifuluvox
Unregistered
X

I don't know if this will help but I have a small walk in closet that we used to use for storage, until I cleaned it out and glider proofed it so it's now my glider playroom. When I let Nimah out she runs around jumping off the shelves and what not just enjoying her free time. I also let her roam around my bedroom with the doors and windows closed, it's glider proofed in there too because there is just the bed and dressers (and maybe a pile of clothes sometimes lol). I used to have a hard time getting her to come back to me when playtime was over but now I put her pouch in front of her and call her several times then she goes rite inside and I reward her with a treat (or 2). Maybe you can glider proof your room? I enjoy having her out in my bedroom because I can hang out on the bed and use my laptop when she is off exploring.

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1169633
09/09/11 02:04 PM
09/09/11 02:04 PM
Edison, NJ
uhohkaitlina Offline
Out of Pouch
uhohkaitlina  Offline
Out of Pouch

Edison, NJ
Alice,

I feel your pain!! I am in school and I am also working, (today from 9am to 2am). I usually can get away with bringing my glider(s) to work with me but absolutely not when I am working this double (triple?) shift. I miss them.

It seems you're spending so much time with them though, which is good. A smaller tent might be a good idea, I have to get a new one myself. You waited a couple weeks before trying tent time right? I forget how long I waited to try with Kazi. Skeeter is way too shy still. When he comes out of his pouch at night if he sees me walking around the room he freezes in a corner. Yogies can barely get him out!

Another thing -- I bought him some blueberry fat free yogurt yesterday (which was amazing by the way). The way his ears went up and he perked up right away the second I put a little spoonful in the pouch. Try that if you haven't!

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1169743
09/09/11 08:02 PM
09/09/11 08:02 PM
Albany NY
upsoon Offline
Joey Member
upsoon  Offline
Joey Member

Albany NY
Hi Stephanie, I'm having the same problem of getting my twins to come back to me when it is time to go back in the cage. I try putting their pouch in front of them and they just run dunno It takes sooooo long to get them back in the cage How did you get them to start going to the pouch and not to run

Kathy
Mom to Chloe and Mojo
Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1169892
09/10/11 09:53 AM
09/10/11 09:53 AM

X
xobeautifuluvox
Unregistered
xobeautifuluvox
Unregistered
X

Treats! Lots and lots of treats! When I open up Nimahs cage in the morning she is usually sleeping in her fleece tube, so I talk to her than gently put my hand on the tube and pet her through it. Meanwhile I grab the tube and a bonding pouch and put that in front of her tube entrance. She then smells the yogurt I put in front of the entrance and crawls out of the tube and I guide her into her bonding pouch. Then I give her a few licks of yogurt. I do this every day and now it has become a routine. I always make sure I give her a treat when she gets into her pouch. She learned that if she goes into her pouch she gets yogurt. Yogurt is her FAVORITE. She prefers it over mealies any day. I used to have a huge problem with her not coming back when playtime was over, so I would have to chase her to get her into her pouch which I hated because it made her really scared of me. Thats where you have to have patience, just put their pouch in front of them and wait. Once they are inside reward them with a treat. Do it in the daytime too. It takes time but eventually they will understand. Just be persistent and have a routine. Hope that helps!

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: uhohkaitlina] #1170627
09/12/11 12:04 PM
09/12/11 12:04 PM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
Originally Posted By: xobeautifuluvox
Maybe you can glider proof your room? I enjoy having her out in my bedroom because I can hang out on the bed and use my laptop when she is off exploring.

Unfortunately there's not a lot of space in my apartment -- The only small 'walk in closet' we have is where the washer and dryer is, so that leaves that out! frown My room was really the only place -- and it's also my work room, I have a lot of stuff everywhere.

Originally Posted By: uhohkaitlina
Alice,

Another thing -- I bought him some blueberry fat free yogurt yesterday (which was amazing by the way). The way his ears went up and he perked up right away the second I put a little spoonful in the pouch. Try that if you haven't!

I'm going out to get some yogurt-yogurt, she's been really good about taking treats from me. In fact every time she see's my hand, she kinda expects one u_u

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1171588
09/14/11 10:13 AM
09/14/11 10:13 AM
Edison, NJ
uhohkaitlina Offline
Out of Pouch
uhohkaitlina  Offline
Out of Pouch

Edison, NJ
How are you and Minnie doing? Are you guys best friends yet? =)

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: uhohkaitlina] #1171591
09/14/11 10:18 AM
09/14/11 10:18 AM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates the past few days, I've been utterly exhausted --- school is really wearing me out, I haven't been able to make much progress honestly.

Bourbon gave me a call the other day, and gave me some really helpful tips that I've started implementing yesterday --- I feel like we've regressed a little bit, but it'll take Minnie some time to get used to the new changes again. (Like, no more automatic treat dispenser -- now only a sometime treat, or certain treats for certain things like bra training or playtime)

She encouraged me to try bathroom time again, which I will -- though I'll admit I'm extremely nervous about it.

I have to do something about those nails though, and soon. People are starting to ask questions why my arms are so red/scarred. Is there trim-track available for stealth wheels?

Originally Posted By: uhohkaitlina
How are you and Minnie doing? Are you guys best friends yet? =)

Not yet! I wish -- though I keep having to remind myself,
"Its only been two weeks" We're better than what we were starting out though! smile So I keep telling myself that too!

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1171603
09/14/11 10:42 AM
09/14/11 10:42 AM
Edison, NJ
uhohkaitlina Offline
Out of Pouch
uhohkaitlina  Offline
Out of Pouch

Edison, NJ
Good to hear -- school just started with me too so I feel your pain. Last night during tent time I read some chapters for class while I was in the tent with Skeeter. I even read some of it to him. I probably bored him to death! Haha.

It looks like they do have a trim-track for the stealth wheel. I need to get a new wheel myself, and definitely need that feature.

http://store.sweet-sugar-gliders.com/Trim-Trax-for-Stealth-Wheel.html

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1172289
09/16/11 12:34 AM
09/16/11 12:34 AM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
Everyone thought I got mauled today at school -- this morning, Minnie was up at 7, so I decided to play with her a bit in the cage before I had to leave for school.

Well suffice to say, that I can never wear bandaids on my hands -- ever again, because there's something about them that make her go crazy. Not like, in a "I hate you way" just more like, "I really want to destroy the bandaid on your finger, so I'm going to literally attach myself into your arm, while moving around so that you can not detach me from your finger, for 30 minutes so I can destroy this bandaid"

Like that. It was horrible -- after I finally was able to get her back in, she was totally fine looking at me, like saying "what??"

Bourbon suggested at our phone call the other night, to try keeping some 'catch-phrases', and repeating them every time you do a certain action. It really works, I'll tell you. I feel like a broken record, but Minnie and I are finally communicating a little bit.

She also suggested, that I could probably try bra training -- though I'm extremely nervous about it. Though, I mean, if it doesn't work, no big deal -- I can try again later. We'll see what happens!!!

*totally ordering that trim-trax tright now*

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1172449
09/16/11 12:56 PM
09/16/11 12:56 PM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
Weeellppp

I tried bra training. Ho boy. She went in there for like a second, before being like NOPE. I don't know if there was enough room in there tbh -- since it was still light at the top -- which she didn't seem to like --

I wouldn't say it wasn't a complete success, but I think with the right materials, it could work. I'm all scratched up though u___u

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1173008
09/17/11 10:59 PM
09/17/11 10:59 PM

X
xobeautifuluvox
Unregistered
xobeautifuluvox
Unregistered
X

Well keep trying! She might come around to it. When I picked up my boy from Angie (my breeder) she showed me how to clip their nails from in their pouch while they sleep. I was like omg you do that so well, I couldn't even imagine clipping their little nails for fear of over clipping but with the way she did it I think I will give it a try tomorrow. She unzips some of the pouch and grabs each limb and clips while holding their head through the pouch. It works very well! The bonding is at a standstill for me rite now, my work schedule is so chaotic sometimes, it makes their schedule unpredictable. On the plus side though me and my girl Nimah are becoming more close, she is finally starting to settle in! That could be because there's a new cute boy in the house now (Echo) lol. They haven't even crabbed at each other! Their cages are in the same room now about 1 foot apart, when I let Nimah out she runs over to Echo's cage and is ALL over it! Now I have to get him neutered ASAP because the vet said he's ready to make babies. I don't need that rite now. He goes in for his neuter on Tuesday, hopefully everything goes smooth! I know things will get better with time for you and your baby! You guys will be so0o0o0o0o bonded I know it!

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1173066
09/18/11 01:18 AM
09/18/11 01:18 AM

Q
Queso
Unregistered
Queso
Unregistered
Q

Originally Posted By: AliceDoll
Bathroom time is horrible --- I thought about using the tent, but it was so huge -- and in the living room (my poor roommate, would hate it!) that I decided to try the bathroom.

Biggest mistake ever, Minnie was so scared of it, and she faceplanted from jumping from the curtain rod to the other side of the wall -- I never thought she'd jump from there if there was nothing to land on on the other side.

Did she want to get away from me that much?! I wasn't even moving!

I was so worried about her, she seemed ok, but I don't think I'll be trying this bathroom thing again. I'm all heartbroken, and sad, and disappointed.

The only consultation is the fact that when after she crawled into her pouch, she didn't crab at me when I went to check on her.

I can't even trim her nails now, I have scratches all over my arm, she digs into the skin when she walks, and its starting to hurt really bad.

I think I need a drink. *stressing out*

I don't know space of your room BUT this may help you just a suggestion

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_510000000000MM02P?prdNo=18&blockNo=18&blockType=G18

I don't own this tent might wanna do research before purchase but this might be a choice depending on your height.

GL smile

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: ] #1173069
09/18/11 01:39 AM
09/18/11 01:39 AM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
Originally Posted By: xobeautifuluvox
Well keep trying! She might come around to it. When I picked up my boy from Angie (my breeder) she showed me how to clip their nails from in their pouch while they sleep. I was like omg you do that so well, I couldn't even imagine clipping their little nails for fear of over clipping but with the way she did it I think I will give it a try tomorrow. She unzips some of the pouch and grabs each limb and clips while holding their head through the pouch. It works very well! The bonding is at a standstill for me rite now, my work schedule is so chaotic sometimes, it makes their schedule unpredictable. On the plus side though me and my girl Nimah are becoming more close, she is finally starting to settle in! That could be because there's a new cute boy in the house now (Echo) lol. They haven't even crabbed at each other! Their cages are in the same room now about 1 foot apart, when I let Nimah out she runs over to Echo's cage and is ALL over it! Now I have to get him neutered ASAP because the vet said he's ready to make babies. I don't need that rite now. He goes in for his neuter on Tuesday, hopefully everything goes smooth! I know things will get better with time for you and your baby! You guys will be so0o0o0o0o bonded I know it!

I"m trying to figure out how that would work @_@, with the nails. It's kinda hard to maneuver her around in the pouch I've got -- maybe I'm in need of a new pouch! lol

And thankyou hun! ;-; Little by little I feel things are getting better and stronger between us!

I can't wait to hear about your boy and girl's introduction! laugh That's really exciting!

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1173070
09/18/11 01:46 AM
09/18/11 01:46 AM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
Ordered the trim track tonight -- I can't take it anymore. My arms are killing me -- lol.

Minnie has been really attentive lately, she's always wanting to crawl all over my arms whenever I have my hand in the cage. I think this is a good thing -- she doesn't ever look scared with me, her ears are lax ---

My boyfriend came over tonight, and whenever he'd walk by, she'd be super alert -- I'm glad I can see how comfortable she feels with me now, in comparison to when I first got her!

We still have a lot of work to go though! I feel like the more time I spend with her the better it'll get!

I just got to get her nails filed down first somehow before we can continue! @_@

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1173072
09/18/11 01:47 AM
09/18/11 01:47 AM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
oops! double post!

Last edited by AliceDoll; 09/18/11 01:48 AM.

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1173439
09/19/11 01:10 AM
09/19/11 01:10 AM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
Minnie is being all kinds of weird tonight :/ She was fine most of the day when I held her -- but tonight she's just not as active as she normally is. She'll just kinda stand in one spot for a while, looking around. Or crawl under her ball pit and just hang out there --

It's been about two hours since she's woken up... and i mean, like now -- she's looking at her wheel from up top, and just like staring at it.. o_O I don't get it.

She's fine when I come in the cage, will come right up to me, and hang out on my arm (which is killing me since her nails need to be filed, and bad)

My friend says I'm probably just worrying for nothing, but, I dunno. :/ I just want to make sure she's ok!

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1173628
09/19/11 02:56 PM
09/19/11 02:56 PM
Meridian, ID
fox0r Offline
Glider Guardian
fox0r  Offline
Glider Guardian

Meridian, ID
Change in behavior like that could be something to worry about. Did she ever perk back up to her usual self? I know some gliders get wonky with season changes, weather changes, moon cycle, etc. Or maybe she was just having an 'off' day. So it COULD be nothing, but I'd keep a close eye on her, and if she doesn't get back to normal I'd take her in and have the vet look at her.

Also, if her nails are that bad, you NEED to get them trimmed. If she is sticking to fleece that can be very dangerous. Take her to the vet and get them clipped if you can't do them yourself. The ones here charge $11-$16.

You can't depend on trim tracks to keep her nails short enough. They're more of an in-between clipping thing, to help lengthen the time between trims. Some people do use them all of the time, and don't have to clip often at all.. but I'd still take her in or clip them at this point.

-Jen

Sugar Mountain - Sugar gliders in Idaho!
Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: fox0r] #1173649
09/19/11 04:17 PM
09/19/11 04:17 PM

Q
Queso
Unregistered
Queso
Unregistered
Q

Originally Posted By: fox0r
Change in behavior like that could be something to worry about. Did she ever perk back up to her usual self? I know some gliders get wonky with season changes, weather changes, moon cycle, etc. Or maybe she was just having an 'off' day. So it COULD be nothing, but I'd keep a close eye on her, and if she doesn't get back to normal I'd take her in and have the vet look at her.

Also, if her nails are that bad, you NEED to get them trimmed. If she is sticking to fleece that can be very dangerous. Take her to the vet and get them clipped if you can't do them yourself. The ones here charge $11-$16.

You can't depend on trim tracks to keep her nails short enough. They're more of an in-between clipping thing, to help lengthen the time between trims. Some people do use them all of the time, and don't have to clip often at all.. but I'd still take her in or clip them at this point.

this, trim tracks are nice to have, but it's worth cutting them, i think you should try it and see if it goes well or not(trimming her nails)it might help your confidence if u do it smile. if not then take her to vet like suggested :3

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1173679
09/19/11 05:32 PM
09/19/11 05:32 PM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
She has an appointment this weekend (sat) to get her nails trimmed. I'm hopefully going to have my friend teach me how -- and let me do it. With someone there I'll probably have an easier time. goodness. @_@

Minnie did much better once I went to bed -- I'm wondering if the light that I had one (which is weird, since I usually turn it on -- at somepoint during the night to help me move in my room) was bothering her, cause once it was dark she was running, and playing, and jumping like normal.

Dunno what was up with her -- this morning, I was so worried too since she was so like -- anti-me. She almost even crabbed at me ;_; which she hasn't done in.. well since the first two nights. I left her alone and went to class -- came back now, and she's fine. It's like none of this never happened.

I"m wondering too, if it's because I changed pouches?? I finally took out the bonding pouch, since it's easier to scoop her up in the cage set pouch I made -- maybe that had to do with it? --

I do still need to schedule a vet appointment, but she seems fine now -- took treats like a pro.

Re: Long Post ahead -- Getting over being scared? [Re: AliceDoll] #1173836
09/19/11 11:38 PM
09/19/11 11:38 PM
TN
AliceDoll Offline OP
Glider Lover
AliceDoll  Offline OP
Glider Lover

TN
Tonight she's being much better -- as soon as she woke up, came up to see me -- ran in her wheel a bit, and she's now grooming in her wheel.

Is it normal for her to make hissing/chit noises to herself while grooming? She doesn't do it all the time, but I'm curious to know what it means. @_@

I wish I could speak glider-ease. I'd love to know what she's saying lol

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,547 TEXAS
679,062 OHIO
487,124 OKLAHOMA
432,131 UTAH
321,659 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024