Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Gliders of the Round Table 2 #1401179
04/15/16 08:08 PM
04/15/16 08:08 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Continuing the epic saga which follows the adventures of Arthur, Merlin, Gwynevere, Morgana, & yours truly as we learn what dreams may come... in their case, probably mealies; ridiculously easy to please. wink

If you're just starting here, I encourage you to check out my older thread which reached the 100 post limit. You may find it here while it lasts.

- Hutch

:grey: Morgana (11/15)

:rbridge:
Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

The epic saga begins here!
Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1401193
04/16/16 01:35 AM
04/16/16 01:35 AM
MD
EnzoAndCarmella Offline
In Pouch
EnzoAndCarmella  Offline
In Pouch

MD
Congrats on making the post limit! ;P

What I meant last time was more that I'm surprised that you're living in a place where you can have gliders rather than being surprised that you could afford them (you guys probably get paid better than us anyway, hehe)

:grey: :grey:
Carmella is more brown than grey, but I don't see that option! tounge
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1401411
04/26/16 07:18 AM
04/26/16 07:18 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
I think this is the longest I've gone without posting. Jeeze work, don't you realize my gliders need their servant?? (Work: It takes money to please your masters, so get back to it!)

So, as the above might give you a hint, duties has been killing me not-so-softly again. As a result, I haven't had too much to tell. I will share a couple of quick tidbits since Gwyn was letting me know her adoring public is getting antsy. (Is she now using email or something?)

I'm having trouble telling who my girlfriend likes more... me or the gliders. I went to kiss her goodbye after we had lunch & movies... only she went straight to the glider's cage, patted their pouch & said goodbye, then headed for the door. It was then she was like 'Oh!' & came back to kiss me. I told her "Good thing you're almost as cute as the gliders."
:hit:

Arthur remains uncertain as to my purpose beyond yoggies. He likes to grab my hand with his front paws then look at me all confused. He also does not like to let go of me or the cage. I waited for about six minutes Saturday before trying to offer a yoggie with my other hand. He let go with one paw, used it to grab that hand, & ate the yoggie directly from my fingers... then proceeded to hold both hands looking like 'what now?' shakehead

Yesterday was their bi-weekly bedding change. They still do not appreciate crumpling paper, especially when sleeping. Out they all came to various corners of the cage & all looking very disgruntled & half-asleep. I tried to give them yogurt drops as an apology: Arthur & Merlin ate theirs readily (then Arthur went out of his way to pee on my arm, the brat shock ), Gwyn just held hers in her mouth for five or so minutes before pulling it out to lick a while, & I'm not sure Morgana was awake enough to figure out what I was trying to give her... she had one eye closed & the other only half open. dunno

That's all I have for you for now. Praying things calm down again so I may get back to playing with my way-too-cute fluff-balls. Everyone give their gliders a head-scratch from my crew wink

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1401436
04/26/16 05:29 PM
04/26/16 05:29 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
So, Gwynevere was waiting for me when I went to pull out their food. Literally. She was perched above the door even before I walked up & dropped down on to my hand as I reached in for their food bowl.

(Note: They barely touched last night's celery. Same the night before. Loved it the first batch a couple weeks ago, guess they're being picky?)

As a result, she got to ride on me as I prepared their food for the night (carrots), & took out the trash & recycling. wheels over cobblestone, she did not appreciate... which is fair since I didn't appreciate the bite I got from my own jacket pocket when she decided to take it over!

After heating the carrots a little to soften (while taking the trash out), I offered her the bowl. She took a piece in her mouth & another in a paw. As I dropped the dish off in their cage, Morgana pounced on me. So, the two of them got to ride around for a while. Eventually, we settled in to the upstairs bathroom that has a tub. I sat on the rim while Gwyn curled up on my neck (she was done with carrots for the moment) & Morgana ate a carrot on my towel (thanks, fuzzbutt).

All was well & good. Playing, petting, butt scratches, etc. Gwyn was very cuddly, I'm really liking her calmness (when she offers it). Morgana was still her usual hyper self that didn't want to hold still long enough for a pet.

When I tried to return them to their cage, Gwyn crawled in willingly, turned around before I could remove my hand to grab me, & began to groom my hand. That is, until she bit me hard enough to draw blood from a knuckle. After that, she went to lapping up the 'sap.' *Sigh* It is a good thing I have tough hands. I let her continue for a minute (I didn't want her thinking that's why I pulled away), then gently removed her paws & took my hand out.

Morgana had immediately gone to 'keep away from the cage' mode. Nothing new there. I did let her run around while I cleaned my knuckle. I came back & was able to scoop her up without too much fighting to deposit her in the cage. A single yogurt drop for all four, bid the fur-babies good night, & called it a night myself.

Gwyn... my cuddly biter shakehead At least I was able to get some pictures from tonight. That is worth the blood sacrifice, yes?

Morgana: "Nom; Nom; Nom... No worries, I share! I leave you pieces on the fluffy defective pouch."

Gwyn: "*YAWN* Is nap time yet?"

"Put that away & get back to butt scratching!" - Gwyn

Morgana: "There, there, it's okay. I'll protect you from that hand-thingy."
Gwyn: "You're interrupting the butt scratching!"

off_topic
Originally Posted By: EnzoAndCarmella
Congrats on making the post limit! ;P

What I meant last time was more that I'm surprised that you're living in a place where you can have gliders rather than being surprised that you could afford them (you guys probably get paid better than us anyway, hehe)

Ah, I see. From what I can see, most places I'm able to be assigned will allow it. That said, the way my luck works, I'll get one of those that don't :-/ *knock on wood* As far of better paid... maybe, maybe not.

Last edited by Hutch; 04/26/16 05:39 PM.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1401441
04/26/16 07:02 PM
04/26/16 07:02 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
The pic of Morgana... How can look so cute, but look so eeevil? It looks like someone put eye liner on here ears to accent their cuteness, yet one flick of the brush on each one that gives them a touch of evil?

Such a pretty alert face...

oops! Read the captions wrong, it's Gwyn...

Last edited by Ladymagyver; 04/26/16 07:04 PM.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1401556
04/28/16 06:54 PM
04/28/16 06:54 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Here I am tired from working late just to be called back in due to a power outage at my clinic & just thinking about bed. So, of course, Morgana jumps my arm as I place their dinner in to the cage. I let her do a fair amount of jumping around, running up & down the stair railing, I let her explore my bed, & the upstairs bathroom. After about 30 minutes, I'm getting sleepy, so I try to place my hyper little classic grey back in to the cage ("No, No, not ready," says the glider, "Play, play with me more!")

Just as I Morgana back in (finally), Gwynevere drops on my arm from above then leaps to my chest before I can even groggily think about blocking her. Morgana is immediately at the door & back on me, too. *sigh* So much for bed, because they're just too adorable to say 'no' to for long. We play pretty much as before, with the addition of something I just decided to try... mostly because I'm tired & just want to sit there, LOL. Bath Tub Time! I just plopped down in the empty tub & let them explore me, inside the tub, outside the tub, crawl on everything. Gwyn ran around at first, but became cuddly quickly. After another 30 or 40 minutes (& Morgana becoming very nippy), I try to return them again.

Gwyn went in easily, Morgana... not so much. it takes about five minutes to slow her down enough to cup her & place her in the cage. During this time, Gwyn was feeling left out since I was 'obviously' still 'playing' with Morgana. Out she jumps again. Morgana decides she needs reinforcements while I corral Gwyn, so she goes & convinces Merlin its playtime. Now I have three fuzzbutts on me, one of whom rarely comes to me. Back to playing.

I let the three of them play on the staircase for a while, but Merlin is obviously still nervous. I decided that Tub Time might be good for him & give it another try. Besides, really not wanting to be on my feet at that point. Best. Decision. Ever. Merlin explored a little at first, but then settled down... and once that happened, he let me pet away!! I ended up with Morgana still doing circuits around the bathroom and tub, Merlin on my chest (& later a shoulder) allowing me to pet away, & Gwyn with her head tucked under my leg with her butt hanging out for scratching accessibility. cloud9 Oh, yeah, I let this go on for longer than I should have, at least as far as sleeping is concerned.

Eventually, I had to return them. Gwyn went easily in like last time, Merlin didn't fight much, & Morgana wanted to be a butt (again). Still, only five minutes to get them in, give out good night yoggies, & finally (FINALLY) go to bed.

If I'm so tired, why am I updating y'all? Just waiting for meds to kick in wink While that's happening, here is a new pic of Merlin from tonight.

Ahhh... thar be 'em pills... G'night glider lovers.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1401649
05/02/16 03:48 PM
05/02/16 03:48 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Well, after working the weekend away, I don't have too much to share frown What I do have is a short story from this morning:

About 0600, I wake up to Gwynevere barking. Hardly a new thing & no idea how long she's been doing it. Long enough to wake me, I guess, since I normally sleep through her typical barks now. I try to roll over & go back to sleep. 20mins later, she is still going strong & I'm still not sleeping. So, down to check on her I go.

She's in her usual corner chirping away. She stops for a moment as I come around the corner, then starts up again when I'm next to the cage. I start talking softly to her until she quiets down & (carefully) offer her my finger tips to smell. Instead, she reaches through the cage with a paw & just grabs a finger for a moment heart

Then Gwyn lets go of my finger & crawls down in to their pouch with a chirp, & I head back for bed.

Speaking of which, good night y'all.

Last edited by Hutch; 05/02/16 03:50 PM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1401651
05/02/16 05:11 PM
05/02/16 05:11 PM
MD
EnzoAndCarmella Offline
In Pouch
EnzoAndCarmella  Offline
In Pouch

MD
Aww that is just the cutest, it's nice that even with all the grief they give you they show that they really do care wink

:grey: :grey:
Carmella is more brown than grey, but I don't see that option! tounge
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1401663
05/02/16 10:03 PM
05/02/16 10:03 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Hutch, what? Sleep? Ha ha ha... Sleep when you die man!

Seriously, our girls do this to us sometimes. It's tough to fight being tired, but somehow, you find that tiny shred of energy to stay up a bit longer. If it were me in the tub, I might have fallen asleep! But we try to spend as much time with them as we can when they are in "the mood".

jump sleep :hdance: :jump2:

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1401686
05/03/16 06:37 PM
05/03/16 06:37 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Man, Arthur & Gwyn were being butts today to the other gilders. They've been bickering with the others most of the night. Nothing serious, just a lot of tssks all around.

I tried to give each of them ONE yoggie & those two stole Morgana's & Merlin's! So, while they're munching on the stolen goods, I try to give those two a replacement. Morgana wouldn't take it, but Merlin did. Then Gwyn came over & stole that one! mad

Mind you, no subtlety, just grabs on & yanks. Almost pulled Merlin off the hammock since he tried to hold on. :hbreak:

I felt really bad for him, to I managed to convince him to come out while preventing Gwyn from doing the same. I set him on top of the cage & offered the largest yogurt drop I saw. After he ate it, I had to corral him & return him since its after midnight.

Gwyn did manage to escape this time, just to immediately nip my hand, then pee up on arm all the way to my shoulder. After that, I caught her & put her back in to their cage. Turd. :pointlaugh:

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1401689
05/03/16 08:35 PM
05/03/16 08:35 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Yeah, my two will do that. If it's too bad, I close the door and walk away. I tsk and sshh when it happens, and I stand there with yoggies in my fingers with the door shut. I usually have both their attention. I nicely scold while i have their attention, and nobody gets anything till all are finished. Then i might start again. They know the yoggies and mealies go away when they steal from each other and can't stop stealing.

I can't imagine doing this with 4, but good luck!

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1402399
06/11/16 05:25 PM
06/11/16 05:25 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Howdy all, I'm sorry for being away from here so long... updates on my legendary-named quartet are long over due. I'll get back to everyone with that soon, just not tonight, a little too much drink to type long coherently.

Had a bunch of set-back in work & my life with which I've had to deal. Many times felt alone with it, but always my furballs were home waiting for me & excited to see me... even if I didn't have mealies or yoggies in my hand. I won't lie, there have been a few moments where I've wondered if I did the right thing getting them. Not because I've loss the desire or any difficultly or anything to do with my fur babies directly, but because I've wondered if I take good enough care of them to desire my pets.

Those moments are few are far between, though. They've helped me through this & obviously don't mind the care I provide since we continue to bond. Even Arthur & Merlin have come around... at least partially depending on the night. I believe they are one of the best decisions I've made in a long time.

Maybe its the copious Trappist beer, but I wanted to share that with ya'll. I'll bring you real updates & new pictures soon, as I miss chatting with everyone here. From stubborn Arthur, cuddly Gwynevere, timid Merlin, explorer Morgana, & their slave (me): nice to be back & have a wonderful evening... or whatever time of day you may find yourself reading my rambles.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1402402
06/11/16 06:49 PM
06/11/16 06:49 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Sorry to hear of you going through tough times. We've all been there, I personally have just the past resent years. I know exactly what you're say. Hopefully things will improve for you and I look forward to the new pics and stories of your quad!

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
R.I.P. Lulu (2/28/12-10/13/17)
R.I.P. Skadoosh (2/28/12-3/26/18)
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1402404
06/12/16 08:49 AM
06/12/16 08:49 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Hutch,

Glad you're back! Hey, the beer in Germany is great! I miss it sometimes. Besides, when you get back home, the beer will taste like koolaide for about 2 years. You will think about the good ole days a lot! So enjoy it while you can. Besides, the water there is undrinkable. Washing and cooking in it is bad enough. :sick:

Whatever it is , hang in there. Having your kids will help you get through it. I applaud you for taking on 4 fuzzbutts in another country. I think we all go through wondering if we are doing right by our tiny responsibilities. Some times are harder than others. But that's just part of being a good parent whether the kids are skin or fur. We have all made good decisions and some not so good.

We are here for you too! So, tell us the latest new story with the kids... We are all ears (I mean eyes!) ! Lol!

:lshower: Dot
jump Fiona

They love your stories too!

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1402523
06/19/16 12:00 PM
06/19/16 12:00 PM
Pacific NW
TwoDog Offline
Glider Lover
TwoDog  Offline
Glider Lover

Pacific NW
Welcome back. :-)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403195
07/25/16 03:38 PM
07/25/16 03:38 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Thanks everyone for the re-welcomes. Right after I posted that, life got crazy again (this past weekend was the first I had no commitments or work since my last post), but I'm thinking (& knocking on wood as I type this) that it'll be smooth sailing for a couple of months.

Getting late here, but just wanted to get caught up & say I haven't forgotten y'all. I'll post some real updates on my fluffy balls of trouble later this week.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403281
08/01/16 06:06 PM
08/01/16 06:06 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Okay... so maybe that 'later this week' became 'next week.' My bad, No excuse, just being lazy :comppunch: So, I don't have a lot of really fun facts or great strides to report. As I'd indicated above in my last couple posts, life has been hectic & then some. However, I'm not without some things to share wink Warning, this is long & maybe a bit rambling to get y'all caught up.

Arthur is being much more curious. He doesn't fight coming out of the cage anymore, though doing so on his own is still hit or miss. If he gets on me, he doesn't act like its run-or-be-eaten, but still avoids capture... I think he's beginning to see it as a game. Still the alpha, but a lazy one. Serious, I feel I need to put to Wondent Wheel back in since he used that one more. Less nippy than the last few times I talked about him. He'd developed this habit where he likes to grab my finger(s) in his paw(s) & just stare like "your move, man-tree." He also seems to always hold a some of his bathroom effort back until he had the opportunity to climb on me. No, being serious here, I watched him go twice in 15 minutes before I picked in him... even waited five after the last. He soaked the back of my shirt & 'made a deposit' down my collar. Seriously, he's a butt. shakehead

Gwynevere is almost as bad as Arthur in dominance. She is usually the first to the cage front when I'm near & always wants out, though she doesn't put in as much effort as her sister. She also always seems to leave a little in reserve just for me tounge She still likes to test her limits of exploring my house but she's moved on from jumping back to me as soon as I come near her to trying to figure out a way around me... at least until I offer my hand. One thing I am finding interesting, she likes going back to my small bathroom on the ground floor, the one I first played with them in when they were new. (Refer to my previous thread for more on that.) Memories? Comfort? Just familiar territory? She's still my dare devil in many ways... & still stubborn as a mule when she sets her mind to something.

Merlin is still jumpy, but has progressed from being afraid of my hands, to accepting things through the cage, to now allowing me the reach in to give her treats or (maybe) one pet. I just have to ensure he sees my hand coming, otherwise that boy can move. He's come out with me a few times, but he's much more comfortable if there are at least the girls out first. I'm honestly having some trouble making a final determination on who's more dominant: Him or Morgana. Half-a-dozen-or-another, I suspect, but I'm curious. Since Morgana is usually on the bottom of the pile & Merlin is pretty quick to stick his head up with Arthur when there's noise, I suspect he is... but watching them interact or play, she acts like the boss. (Okay, I get it, the man wear the pants... but the wife picks them out.) I feel I've made the least progress with Merlin, but I can still see the progress... so no real complaints. I do occasionally wonder what the difference would be if I wasn't working with four fuzzbutts at the same time. Then again, wouldn't want to give a single one up. He LOVES the wheel & hogs it (he is willing to share 'his' wheel, though)... I either need to put my other one back in there (I don't like cleaning that one) or get a new one.

Then there is little, adventurous Morgana. She always tries soooo hard to get out of the cage as soon as the door is open & normally resists going back in the most. I have finally got her use enough to my hands she doesn't struggle so hard when I grip her (gently, of course) so I may return her to the cage. Use to be she'd struggle so hard I was worried I'd hurt he, so I let her wiggle out. At least it no longer takes me 5-15 minutes to get her 'home' for the night. She's also the hardest one to get to settle down for cuddles/pets/nap, even during the day. Also quite grouchy if you wake her. She has remained the smallest of my quartet, but make the most progress as far as responding to my signals. I can get her to jump to my arm on command about half the time. Still working on her distance though. She's not quite the dare-devil Gwyn is. It's kind-of funny, she seems to be the least food-oriented, but has been so much easier to train than Gwyn who would do ANYTHING for a treat.

I've had a couple sessions that I've pulled all four out during the day to place in bonding pouches. I want to try & get them use to sleeping on/with me. Call it a level of comfort I want to achieve with them... & maybe a bit of jealousy when I see the pictures y'all post with them curled up in your hand. (Patience Hutch, patience.) What's funny, even though they sleep in a pouch the same size all together, both times I've had to grab a separate bonding pouch for the girls because they WILL NOT settle down until I let them crawl in to their own. I usually need to let Morgana run around a bit after I disturb them before she'll even consider settling down. (Reminds me of my little sister when we were growing up. Always wanted to play the moment she woke up. She's just turned 30 and I still don't think she's figured out Saturday is for sleeping. :hit: ) I think it is going well, I've been able to watch a couple movies with them being calm/napping before I offer them their normal pouch again. The first time they went straight for if from the bonding pouches, but the second time Morgana & Merlin seemed to think about which they preferred before deciding to join Arthur & Gwyn in the sleeping one. I really need to break out their new tent & let them run wild (with me in there) for a long evening.

I've also been trying to make dinner more entertaining. I've been putting meal worms in to an ice breaker container that I occasionally hide their treats in. Despite the small opening for a big container, they manage to leave it clean every day. I've also discovered they go NUTS for chicken. I really think they like it better than mealies shock Yoggies remain their favorite treat, but coconut seems to be a close second with dried pineapple & mango in the running. Cantaloupe seems to be a mood thing & they do not like the dried pears... though if I leave dried pear in the cage they'll be gone by morning. The furballs still love their dried pellets (I have to make sure I don't give them too much, they'll eat them), but have done a pretty good job eating most their veggies each night, so not too worried about it. I'm still following the Sun Coast diet for the most part, but I try to offer protein only two out of three nights based on some of the recent information shared here. I'm also trying to do two nights of veggies for each night of fruit instead of 50/50. I'm not expert & don't claim to be, just trying to interpret some of what I've read here recently relating to the diet studies. I still include their recommended vitamins every day (Sun Coast's new Blueberry flavored all-in-one, my fuzzbutts love it).

Gwyn has been barking a lot more, recently. I don't think if it's the yo-yo-ing weather, the humidity wave that swept over us, or the lack of play time... but it has become almost nightly. I've been good about not going down much or doing more than talking to her on the occasions I do (ok ok, yes, sometimes they all get a treat, but it is rare!), still seems to happen a lot. I've tried leaving music going when I head for bed, & it seems to help, but only a little. I'm not concerned (yet)... just hoping if we start playing for a couple hours like we use to that it'll stop. It's not that it particularly bothers me... it is just a change in behavior that seems to correspond when I can't play with them as much. Maybe she misses me? More likely she is just frustrated since the cage is smaller than even my smallest bathroom, much less when I help her explore the house.

Anywho, if you've made it this far, the least I can do is offer you some pictures. These were taken my my (ex)girlfriend, much easier than trying for glider selfies:

"Well, hi there."

"Petting time"

"What's over there?"

"Man-tree"

"Merlin"

"More Pets"

"That's right, keep petting, slave."

To close this long post, a funny conversation I had tonight with the lady who took these images (yes, we've remained friends).
Her: "Ouch, he bit me!"
Me: "Stop putting you finger in front of his face & he won't."
Her: "You do it all the time! Why is that different?"
Me: "I don't complain when Arthur bites me."

Merry glider times to all, & to all, a good night.

Last edited by Hutch; 08/01/16 06:15 PM. Reason: Sooo many typos.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403285
08/01/16 09:44 PM
08/01/16 09:44 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
I can relate to a lot you're experiencing. My trio has similar personalities as some of yours do. The girls have seemed to switch roles as far as exploration is concerned, and some other cuddling (just really allowing petting and sometimes holding I my hand on tail trim days).

Mine also save some pee for me, Lulu used to always, now only occasionally, as does Skadoosh, but that Ollie boy shakehead but then he's still the newest, and the oldest. Also, my lifestyle or living situation has changes considerably and often sinc 2014, so their routine suffers for it as for out of cage play. But I was getting better with managing somewhat of a schedule until heat wave hit, it effects the play areas, as I cannot secure a room by closing the door.

Anyway, I enjoyed your update and pics.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Terry] #1403287
08/02/16 03:28 AM
08/02/16 03:28 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Originally Posted By: Terry
I can relate to a lot you're experiencing. My trio has similar personalities as some of yours do. The girls have seemed to switch roles as far as exploration is concerned, and some other cuddling (just really allowing petting and sometimes holding I my hand on tail trim days).

I think your definition of cuddling & mine are similar. I call it cuddling when they hold still for a decent period of time letting me pet & scratch away... much like the pictures of Merlin on my chest above. That was about 10 minutes of him clinging to me as I stroked him from ears to tail-tip (not a fan of scratching). Gwyn is actually my best cuddlier; she loves her butt being scratched.

Mine also save some pee for me, Lulu used to always, now only occasionally, as does Skadoosh, but that Ollie boy shakehead but then he's still the newest, and the oldest. Also, my lifestyle or living situation has changes considerably and often sinc 2014, so their routine suffers for it as for out of cage play. But I was getting better with managing somewhat of a schedule until heat wave hit, it effects the play areas, as I cannot secure a room by closing the door.

We recently went through a heat wave (for us) here. We were seeing almost 40dC (err... 100dF give or take) with 80-90% Rh (humidity). Also, Germans do not believe in A/C :tant2: I had thought mine would want out of the pouch more often, but instead they slept extra long (after pushing all the fleece blankets out). They did drink a lot of water each night in addition to my soaking their food, so I don't believe it was a hydration issue. I miss A/C at night.

Anyway, I enjoyed your update and pics.

Thank you, I like hearing that :yes: Makes me feel like I'm not talking to myself so much :elaugh:

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403295
08/02/16 03:35 PM
08/02/16 03:35 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Sometimes I believe Gwynevere understands me better than she likes to show. She started barking a few minutes ago while I was in the kitchen (about 2100 hrs here). She'd bark, I'd ask 'What?'... bark, what; bark, what. After a couple minutes of that, I switched to her short name, then full name. Still barking strong (I guess she's getting too use to those games), I go to the cage, reach in, & scratch her head (not among the few of her favorite things).

In response, she firmly grabs my finger in both her paws while glaring at me. A few sniffs, then her mouth opens wide. I tell her, "you don't want to do that." She closes her mouth then cocks her head. She sniffs me again, looks up, then eye-balls me as she slowly opens her mouth again. "I wouldn't," I tell her. Again, she closes her mouth & seems to think hard on it. Finally, she gives my finger two quick licks, then lets go.

Yeah, I gave her a small yoggies for not biting me.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403299
08/02/16 08:17 PM
08/02/16 08:17 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
:thumb2:

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403334
08/03/16 07:40 PM
08/03/16 07:40 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
The trend continues... I saw Gwynevere poke her head out as I was putting their dinner for the night in to the cage. So, I let her smell me before I give her a quick scratch (it's only polite), but she grabbed my finger before I could move away. She began to lick me, but every time I felt teeth I gave her an 'uh-uh' warning & she went back to licking.

I guess she can be taught... when she wants to be. smile

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403346
08/04/16 01:33 PM
08/04/16 01:33 PM
United States
Temulin Offline
Glider Lover
Temulin  Offline
Glider Lover

United States
I just caught up on your suggie's adventures. Oh my goodness, Gwyn is so precious. She has such a cute puffy cheeked face. As I have probably mentioned, as a fantasy nerd, I love your name scheme. tounge

Ahahaha! Gwyn was clearly weighing the pros and cons of nipping. Glad yoggies won in the end!

"If we sliced today's tomatoes yesterday, they'd be yesterday's tomatoes."

:grey: Lord Feverstone
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403349
08/04/16 05:14 PM
08/04/16 05:14 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Thanks Temulin! Yeah, I ended up going with it since I'm living in Europe right now & wanted something to reflect that & also fits my needing smile

Apparently Arthur is learning from Gwynevere... he has started going out of his way to grab on to me, give me a couple licks, then looks at me expectantly.

Hey, who am I not to reward good behavior (at least until it becomes habit), LOL.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403350
08/04/16 06:03 PM
08/04/16 06:03 PM
United States
Temulin Offline
Glider Lover
Temulin  Offline
Glider Lover

United States
Oh that's fantastic! You must find them an abandoned castle to lord over. I really like Arthurian legend so I approve.

Haha! I give Fevy treats for existing sometimes. My cat gets treats for sitting and doing things, then I turn to Fev and say "good job being a glider" and give him a yoggie.

sounds like your babies are warming up nicely! I think sometimes gliders nibble out of curiosity too. It's hard when they're so tiny and your hands smell like interesting things.

"If we sliced today's tomatoes yesterday, they'd be yesterday's tomatoes."

:grey: Lord Feverstone
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403361
08/05/16 06:17 PM
08/05/16 06:17 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Hutch
Thanks Temulin! Yeah, I ended up going with it since I'm living in Europe right now & wanted something to reflect that & also fits my needing smile

Apparently Arthur is learning from Gwynevere... he has started going out of his way to grab on to me, give me a couple licks, then looks at me expectantly.

Hey, who am I not to reward good behavior (at least until it becomes habit), LOL.

Do you get the feeling that your gliders are saying the same thing about you. He is learning fast..........................
They are training you. LOL

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403364
08/05/16 09:53 PM
08/05/16 09:53 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Oh, I don't doubt they see it that way... nor do I doubt they have the same stubbornness complaint when I don't give 'em a treat every time they bark at me during the night wink

No matter how each of us views the matter, as long as we're both happy with the end result, I won't be one to complain. Whether they trained me to treat 'em for not biting or I trained them that they'll get a treat for not biting, they get a treat & I don't get bit. I'll call that a win!

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403372
08/06/16 08:30 PM
08/06/16 08:30 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
'King's Tax' I guess.

So, last night I didn't get home until 0300 & they soooo wanted to come out to play. I wasn't interested, but all four pounce on me as soon as I tried to put their food dish in. I had figured they'd be diving for that over me :-/

It took only a little while to corral all of them again & get them back inside. They look sooo perturbed. No joke!

Fast forward to today. I remember to give them dinner before I headed out. Didn't get back until 0130, so early night (riiiiight). Well, opened the door to get a better view of their food (trying a new berry). From who knows where Gwynevere & Morgana clear the door & land on me. They ate so happy to come out. I gave them each a treat.

Well, Gywn inhaled hers... so she went over & stole the last of Morgana's before I realized what was going on. So, I gave my little Morgana another (larger) one & let her go to her favorite knick-knack shelf to eat in peace.

About then, I see Arthurs tail going around the corner *face palm* (left the door open) I have to follow him for only a bit before I manage to get him on me... & he goes & steals the little bit Gwyn had left from what she stole from Morgana!

Well, I end up getting him to hang on the outside of the cage & put Gwyn on top. I give her a small piece of a treat since I'm trying hard to teach them food & treats are always around, there is no need to be protective or steal... even though it was stolen goods to begin with *sigh*

Well, Merlin decides to come out. I give him a chin scratch & a treat. As I step back, Arthur has finished the morsel he'd taken from Gwyn & jumps over to steal Merlin's! I tried to get there before he got it, but wasn't fast enough & he squirmed too much for me to take it back from him >.<

So, I gave Merlin a nice LARGE treat to make up for it (his ears went from defeated down to completely raised & popping at me). I also scooped Arthur up & made him ride on me until the others finished. No more taxing the colony in treats he didn't receive from me!

All four went back to the cage with little trouble after that. I'm at a bit of a loss how to train them out of stealing from each other. Morgana & Merlin are okay at sharing with each other, but Gwyn & Arthur prefer to just take it seems. Thoughts anyone?

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403375
08/06/16 10:15 PM
08/06/16 10:15 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Got me all of my gliders do it and they do it with food too.

My mommas will take the food right out of the daddy's mouth and they let them.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403377
08/07/16 06:38 AM
08/07/16 06:38 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Yeah, Dot eats 2 mealies to Fiona's 1. Even if I feed her the bigger ones. Dot will steal. Fiona gives me a look when she is done. Dot inhales hers, Fiona relishes hers . Good luck with that.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 378 guests, and 88 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,600 TEXAS
679,086 OHIO
487,178 OKLAHOMA
432,185 UTAH
321,703 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024