Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403379
08/07/16 06:56 AM
08/07/16 06:56 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Kimberly, I would be less concerned it they did 'let' them take them, but there is usually a struggle or tub-o-war for several seconds & a very dejected look afterwards. I'm not, like, excessively worried about it since there isn't any longer conflict such as bickering or fighting, but it is still a behavior I'd like to try to improve a little. Maybe I should be grateful they only do it with treats & not their food.

Oh well, I guess I'll keep trying to show there is plenty so they do not need to steal. Maybe I need to give Arthur & Gwyn larger ones too, so they take longer. Like you described, Dawn, they're more at the inhaling end than the other two.

- Hutch

:grey: Morgana (11/15)

:rbridge:
Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

The epic saga begins here!
Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403396
08/07/16 06:55 PM
08/07/16 06:55 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
So today I tried giving Arthur & Gwynevere larger/harder treats first, & Merlin & Morgana softer/slightly smaller treats right after. They all managed to finish their treats about the same time with no bickering. It is not a proper long-term solution, but it is a solution wink

I also ended up giving them yoggies later... quite a bunch, but I was so happy how all four came to pile on the door when I came over & said good night to them... no fighting, I was able to give one at a time amongst the four of them several times without a tssk, hiss, squawk, crab, or anything else beside watching me expectantly for their next one.

Now, if I can just keep that mentality up... getting treats from me, not stealing from each other.

Last edited by Hutch; 08/07/16 06:56 PM. Reason: Spelling

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403439
08/09/16 03:11 PM
08/09/16 03:11 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
shakehead

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Feather] #1403450
08/09/16 08:04 PM
08/09/16 08:04 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Originally Posted By: Feather
shakehead

Yeah, I know Kimberly... I'm a sucker.

Arthur has started this new thing where if I don't give him a treat after standing by the cage a while, he tries to reach through the bars with his paw to grab me. I can almost here the 'Please, please, please, please, please' of a kid tugging at a parent for the candy bar.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403453
08/09/16 08:20 PM
08/09/16 08:20 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
You are easy to train!

Kimberley
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403455
08/09/16 09:32 PM
08/09/16 09:32 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
No kidding, I do all the work & they get all the treats! It occurs to me this is not how it is suppose to work... what's that Gwyn?

Oh, never mind, Gwyn just informed me everything is as it should be. I must be wrong.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403459
08/10/16 11:31 AM
08/10/16 11:31 AM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
:rofl2:

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403503
08/13/16 05:46 PM
08/13/16 05:46 PM
United States
Temulin Offline
Glider Lover
Temulin  Offline
Glider Lover

United States
I think Gwyn's got her mind programming tricks aaall figured out already. I think suggies secretly have some kind of human slave chip in us all. I don't realize the stuff I do is weird until other people comment on it... I really wanted berry yogurt and my friend asked why I didn't eat the one in my fridge. I said because I can eat the coffee flavor one, while the berry is for Fevy and Hari and it would be unfair to eat theirs when they can't eat mine. :lol: I ended up giving it to them and eating half.

sounds like you have some little food thieves! Having a big colony sounds so fun because you can watch them interact and bicker. tounge I imagine them all chattering to each other and grumbling about who got the bigger yoggie.

"If we sliced today's tomatoes yesterday, they'd be yesterday's tomatoes."

:grey: Lord Feverstone
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Temulin] #1403556
08/16/16 04:55 PM
08/16/16 04:55 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Originally Posted By: Temulin
I think Gwyn's got her mind programming tricks aaall figured out already.
I can't argue, I'm totally wrapped around her itty-bitty-lil-pinky-toe... right where she wants me *facepalm*

I think suggies secretly have some kind of human slave chip in us all. I don't realize the stuff I do is weird until other people comment on it...
Those words do sound familiar, hmmm...

I really wanted berry yogurt and my friend asked why I didn't eat the one in my fridge. I said because I can eat the coffee flavor one, while the berry is for Fevy and Hari
Been there. I wanted a banana something fierce the other day, my friend said "what about that one?" to which I replied "No, that's for the gliders. Wanna go to the store?" Her look was priceless.

Sounds like you have some little food thieves! ... I imagine them all chattering to each other and grumbling about who got the bigger yoggie.
More like treat thieves, they're actually good about sharing their real meal. Seriously, you pegged it, I would swear that's what they're arguing about some nights!

Having a big colony sounds so fun because you can watch them interact and bicker. tounge
Yes, it is great fun having all of them, especially since they're all so different from each other in personality! Sometimes it's hard going through the whole bonding/learning habits/keeping track/etc. with four spazzy puffballs at the same time, but that is completely off-set by every moment that I'm frustrated getting a return of 3-4+ moments where I wouldn't consider changing a thing cloud9

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403557
08/16/16 05:38 PM
08/16/16 05:38 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Well, this weekend I discovered dress shirts & gliders don't mix. Actually, no, not for the reasons you're thinking right now, as surprising as that may be... assuming you're thinking about *ahem* bodily functions. Actually, the problem turned out to be the fine threading & tight weave (yes, if I'm going to spend the $ for a dress shirt, I cough-up enough for the nice ones).

Poor Merlin was having so much trouble holding on... he actually started to freak out a little! At one point he slipped & only stayed 'on' me because one of his back feet was gripping my dog-tag's chain. He just stayed that way, dangling by one foot upside down & facing away from my body, afraid to move I think upset I scooped him up & righted him, but he kept a death grip on my chain & his other three feet balled up. He was also very stiff, including his tail, & ears completely flat. Honestly, he scared me! I was worried he'd seazed or locked-up or, well, something!! I just held him gentle against my chest with one hand, petted him carefully & slowly with the other. Every so often I would try to tickle his paws open. After a many minutes, his tail relaxed, ears raised just a little, & I was able to get his front paws to open & hold on to my shirt. A few minutes later he gripped with his other back paw & finally let go of my chain... then bee-lined for my shoulder right against my neck. I guess the only sliver lining was that he felt safer cuddled up against me heart

Poor fur-baby was still shaking a little cry I continued to pet him & make soft sounds until he was willing to take a grape quarter from me. He stayed where he was for about 15 minutes or so, & 'twas the night! I ended up (slowly) hand feeding him the rest of the grape in quarters while petting him & talking to him. He started moving around again (& my heart rate evened out), but Merlin was definitely moving much slower on me & being careful. After he went back to the cage, he refused to come out again... all weekend :tant2:

I do want to point out that Gwynevere actually made a game of the trouble grabbing my dress shirt. She would leap from me to, well anything, then immediately jump back with a skidding landing. I could also see her thoughts being related to inventing a Sugar Glider Slip'n'Slide (did I just date myself?). She really can be incorrigible. shakehead

Morgana tried 'Gwyn's game' a couple time, but she didn't seem to find it nearly as amusing as Gwyn; she stuck to exploring her favorite shelving set-up. Of note, she prefers a d12 (12 sided dice) over the others I had sitting there that night.

Arthur did come out to play, but at the first slip he jumped straight back to the cage & played on the wheel instead. tounge

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403580
08/17/16 11:55 AM
08/17/16 11:55 AM
United States
Temulin Offline
Glider Lover
Temulin  Offline
Glider Lover

United States
Haha! This has happened to poor Fevy. He can't grip dress shirt type fabric for the life of him. Poor little guy slips all over. Also athletic wear type fabric, like jackets. My friend's mom came to visit us when we were roomies and Fevy jumped on her jacket only to slid slowly to the floor with a look of fury on his face. Almost every time I see her, she still apologizes like it was somehow her fault and makes up for it by sending Fevy lots of milk rings in the mail. :lol: He likes to sit in my shirt collar if I have a dressy shirt on.

Poor little Merlin! He sounds shocked and confused by this strange betrayal. I imagine his little face being like "this is how I die." Gwynie sounds like the adventuresome one, though I feel like Arthur should step up and take the leadership role more often. :I He seems like not the best king of suggies.

Do you suggies like to push each other in the wheel? tounge I watched Takaia's sugs do that before and it's the funniest thing ever. One gets in and gets it going while the other kinda holds on for the ride.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Temulin] #1403598
08/17/16 07:16 PM
08/17/16 07:16 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Their personalities are so funny! I so enjoy my trio, but although I am pleased that my Lulu as become more adventurous, I'm sorry for my Skadoosh, who has assumed the more timid personality. I'm hoping that getting back to a more consistent routine will bring some adventure back to my Skadoosh.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
R.I.P. Lulu (2/28/12-10/13/17)
R.I.P. Skadoosh (2/28/12-3/26/18)
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Temulin] #1403607
08/18/16 05:05 AM
08/18/16 05:05 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
...and Fevy jumped on her jacket only to slid slowly to the floor with a look of fury on his face.
HAHAHA! I can so picture the look! Probably much like the one at the ribbon cutting grin

I imagine his little face being like "this is how I die."
That's pretty accurate judging by his face as I 'rescued' him.

I feel like Arthur should step up and take the leadership role more often. :I He seems like not the best king of suggies.
He is a very lazy suggie-king. I imaging he thinks to run things like a Lion Pride, where to lionesses do all the work & he just needs to come along & eat their kill.

Do you suggies like to push each other in the wheel? tounge I watched Takaia's sugs do that before and it's the funniest thing ever. One gets in and gets it going while the other kinda holds on for the ride.
Yes! What's funny is they'll leap-frog each other to get it going fast, then one will stop while the other keeps it moving for them. They do this all the time! It's even funnier when one of them has chosen to take their meal or treat to the wheel to use as a perch, & another jumps in to start running (Arthur) or hopping (the rest) interrupting the eating. Tee-he-hee tounge

Originally Posted By: Terry
I'm sorry for my Skadoosh, who has assumed the more timid personality. I'm hoping that getting back to a more consistent routine will bring some adventure back to my Skadoosh.
What helped Morgana come out of her skittish shell was placing her on shelves or book cases & offering a hand with a treat for her to jump. I would also set her down low & hold a treat for her to climb up to get. Now she's a jumping/climbing fool who won't hold still and is quite adventurous herself. I created a monster, LOL!!

Doesn't work on Arthur, he's too lazy to work for his treats & Merlin isn't food-oriented enough to teach him that game ohwell

Last edited by Hutch; 08/18/16 05:11 AM.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403684
08/21/16 02:03 PM
08/21/16 02:03 PM
United States
Temulin Offline
Glider Lover
Temulin  Offline
Glider Lover

United States
Haha! Arthur and Fevy would be friends I think. Fev has gotten so lazy about coming to get his treats because he knows I'll eventually just hand it to him if he stays put. tounge He slowly inches closer and stares at me like "woman, just give me the yoggie." When I first got him though, his love of food made it really easy to win his heart. He'd scuttle down, snatch pieces of egg from me, and run away like he assumed it was a trap, then stare at me while he ate it.

Lion pride sounds about right. Fevy's a bit of a food monster. Sometimes if I give the pets yogurt, he'll sit on the cup and stretch out so the cat can't have any. frown

Haha... I love their wheel antics. Suggies can be such jerks.

Terry - btw, I love your suggies' names. Skadoosh sounds exactly like the noise gliders make when they jump and land super heavily on something. :lol:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403690
08/21/16 07:12 PM
08/21/16 07:12 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
At least he inches closer, Tucker would just sit there and stare at you, unless it was his beloved Redi-Whip topping. Then you better watch out.

Kimberley

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Feather] #1403692
08/22/16 04:45 AM
08/22/16 04:45 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Originally Posted By: Feather
At least he inches closer, Tucker would just sit there and stare at you, unless it was his beloved Redi-Whip topping. Then you better watch out.

rofl

That's like Gwynevere & her yogurt drops. One does not get between Gwyn & her yoggies.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Temulin] #1403693
08/22/16 04:59 AM
08/22/16 04:59 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Haha! Arthur and Fevy would be friends I think.
Hehehe, maybe they should meet to become BFFs. On second thought, they might give each other new ideas shock

Terry - btw, I love your suggies' names. Skadoosh sounds exactly like the noise gliders make when they jump and land super heavily on something.
!!! It is, I never put that together... hahahaha, awesome name!

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403705
08/22/16 05:38 PM
08/22/16 05:38 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Got home late & turned on the light. This resulted in the three fuzzbutts that were out making a bee-line for their pouch... which is a little unusual at this point. That is not the point of this post though...

I decide to 'demonstrate' that they can't hide. I reach in to their pouch & give a scratch/pet to each one of whose back, butt, or tail I feel. Once I have all their attention, I offer a some yoggies to the four faces I see peering up. It was soooo cute trying to give each one a yogurt drop at a time when they all wanted to fight for each one. I ended up pushing other faces out of the way to make sure each had a chance for a treat.

A couple of the suggies tried to eat me instead of the yoggies I was giving to another & the rest furballs would push them away from my fingers before they could bite!! Feeling the love (& the benefit of spoiling them).

Particularly, Gywn liked to 'mouth' me. I thought she was going for a bite, but she never applied any pressure, just kind-of gummed me & licked a couple of times... then stared at me like saying 'That is NOT what I'm looking for,' :lol:

Last edited by Hutch; 08/22/16 05:39 PM.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403708
08/22/16 09:17 PM
08/22/16 09:17 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
:roflmao:

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403726
08/23/16 05:07 PM
08/23/16 05:07 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Well, after slowly coaxing all four of my 'balls of trouble' out of their cage through bribery with yoggies, I took them to my large bathroom for play time! It has been a while since we've done this. Beside letting them run around, I really wanted to to interact with them with my hands trying to get them more comfortable. Merlin & Arthur were still acting incredibly timid, Gwynevere took a while to warm up to the situation, & Morgana didn't want to hold still long enough for a head scratch. I did manage a few pictures when Gwyn or Morgana weren't jumping on the camera. Now all I need is to clean up all the dozen plus 'presents' they left me in there shakehead

Are you two still sitting there?

Have I peed here yet?

My scaredy-gilders.

Can I eat this?

Get my good side!

I think I can, I think I can.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403732
08/23/16 08:35 PM
08/23/16 08:35 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
mlove

Kimberley

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Feather] #1403733
08/23/16 09:12 PM
08/23/16 09:12 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
:rofl2: I love looking at fun glider pics! You got some good ones.

I often look at the old pic of my gliders at play from the bathroom at my house before I moved away and think of how much fun we all had.

Keep enjoying all the moments you can & please keep posting the pics.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
R.I.P. Lulu (2/28/12-10/13/17)
R.I.P. Skadoosh (2/28/12-3/26/18)
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403750
08/24/16 04:39 AM
08/24/16 04:39 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Since it was getting quite late for me when I posted that, I didn't want to make a long one. So, additional notes from last night:

Morgana was showing her hyper-spazz-tastic personality last night. She was ALL OVER the bathroom & getting really creative with figuring out how to get to surfaces that were beyond her reach. This is something Gwyn use to do a lot, but not so much anymore. It was really funny when she's want to come back in to the tub. Most of the time I saw her hopping my way, would lower my arm, & she'd use me as a ladder. A few times I missed her coming, so Morgana would try to leap for my arm anyways, usually making contact with a paw or her head. It was like "Hey, little help?" Oh, & Morgana was moving so much & fast enough that my new profile picture is the ONLY one that she was not blurry in!

At first, Gwynevere just wanted to cling to my shoulder (along with the other two). After about 10 minutes of them not moving, I scooped all of them off & placed them on the tub's rim. Gwyn took that as her cue & started exploring a little. She mostly stuck to around the tub until near the end of the night, but was less than her usually energetic self. Except when the camera came out, then she found 'Sport Mode.' She was also quite upset with the showerhead I replaced: she couldn't get her head in it nor could she eat it. The look of curious-frustration was priceless.

Arthur kept acting like he really did not want to be there. He would find some corner or edge to cram himself in to and stay there. For a while he'd let me pet him as long as he was in his 'safe spot,' but near the end he would slowly inch away. If I did take him our of the corner, Arthur would immediately start a slow crawl back or to the nearest similar nook he could squeeze his fat butt in to. We did 'play' the hand-treadmill game where I just kept letting him scurry/climb/crawl his way from one hand to the next. After about a minute of this, he game me this glare of 'Really? This is now a thing we're doing?'

Merlin, who has been doing so well lately, was acting to scared to move again. For the most part he would stay where ever I put him, clinging to me, ears down. Through gently talking to him & plenty of chin scratches & head-to-tail pets he'd raise his ears & head for a minute or so, then put them back down if I stopped. He got probably the most petting from me than the others, so maybe its strategy, but it doesn't seem like it. At least he wasn't shaking slightly like he's done in the past. He was a little more resigned to playing hand-treadmill, only stopping every few passes with this pitiful 'Are we done yet' expression. I didn't play it with Merlin as long as Arthur or Gywn (who kept trying to get creative about it), & ended up just placing him on my leg... which is where he remained as you can see in the pictures.

All in all, I had fun, Morgana definitely enjoyed herself, Gwyn (I believe) had fun too. The other two I'm less certain about, but they weren't trying to escape me either. I hope they'll continue to warm-up to me & play-time.

Last edited by Hutch; 08/24/16 04:44 AM.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403760
08/24/16 04:43 PM
08/24/16 04:43 PM
South Florida
HoneyChild Offline
Out of Pouch
HoneyChild  Offline
Out of Pouch

South Florida
These pics are so cute!! heart heart heart Love the descriptions you have with their personalities.Keep posting your adventures! I see a lot of your Morgana in my Kinzie. Love this! :thumb2:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: HoneyChild] #1403768
08/25/16 03:47 AM
08/25/16 03:47 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Originally Posted By: HoneyChild
These pics are so cute!! heart heart heart Love the descriptions you have with their personalities.Keep posting your adventures! I see a lot of your Morgana in my Kinzie. Love this! :thumb2:
Thank you!!

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403778
08/25/16 09:01 AM
08/25/16 09:01 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
:D I just noticed, I've graduated! I'm now a 'Glider Lover!' Woo-hoo!! :D

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403808
08/26/16 06:16 AM
08/26/16 06:16 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Last night, I don't know what was up, but they were all acting unusually calm & quite. Everytime I looked over from what I was doing, there was always two or three clinging to the bars just watching me. If I even moved towards the cage, they would immediately surround the door.

Sadly, I got the clue, but was in the middle of something that I couldn't have them out & about while working on. When I was almost done & needed a break (it was still almost 90dF in my house from the day's heat), I reached in to give them a quite fruit-treat & pet. Instead, one at a time, they all calmly crawled on to my hand, up my arm, & sat on a shoulder. All four. I was jaw-dropping floored!

I was wondering if my 'stronger scent' (aka, had been sweating a lot) had something to do with it? Anyone noticed an effect like this before?

I also felt bad, I had to finish some shelving that night & load it all in to my wagon. I ended up letting them sit there a short while to see what they'd do (sharing small pets among them)... & they just continued to sit there. Well, there was a little activity, I guess... Arthur & Gwyn had to "mark me," of course. :pointlaugh: So glad my uniform shirts (Underarmor) are so easy to clean.

I decided to take them to the large bathroom again. I put anything away they could possible get to (& shouldn't), made sure all drains where closed or blocked, left a way for them get back up to the tub rim... the sat down expecting them to explore. They didn't. Almost 10 minutes later, they were still sitting on my shoulders grooming each other & getting pets from me. :lshower: I didn't want to, but I gently scooped each one off, set the on the tub rim, turned off the light, & left them in there to explore/run around while I finished. They were still sitting where I left them when I closed the door, just watching me leave.

It took me about 20 minutes to finish up & load everything, with me checking on them about mid-way. They seemed to be moving around in there finally. Once I was done, I joined them. Arthur/Merlin went to the opposite corner, Gywn came over to me, & Morgana was playing on my towel again (but kept peeking out to make sure I was still there).

I eventually scooped up Arthur & Merlin to bring near me again. By this time, Gywn joined Morgana playing hide'n'seek on the towel. Merlin stayed on the tub rim where I placed him, but Arthur jumped back to the floor & hid around the scale with just his face sticking out looking at me.

I petted Merlin for a long time, from the clicks & popping I believe he was enjoying it. He kept loosing his gripe in the tub's edge & would start to slide down, hehe. I'd gentle slide him back up, he'd get a better grip, & we'd continue. heart I eventually moved him to my lap, then later to my shoulder; me still petting/scratching all over & him still making happy sounds. The girls would jump from the towel come over to him or me to see what's going on (& get a scratch or two) then run jump back up to the towel. :yes:

Sometime in there I got tired of Arthur's hiding, scooped him up, & placed him on my chest. He moved up behind my neck, curled himself along it (nose under my ear, tail almost under my chin), & stayed there until he realized where the girls were, then joined them.

After they'd had maybe a total of an hour in the bathroom, I gathered them up & uneventfully returned the to the cage. Much like when the came out, they all went calmly back in (except for Morgana, she leapt to the back then attempted to leap back out to me. I caught her on my hand & redirected her placed her on the wheel. Treats for all & a good night, leaving them to their tomatoes. I loved last night & hope I have many more like it! grin

On another note, I'm thinking about just building them a cage made from wood (sealed, of course) & this netting. My reasoning being that, while I love this cage, there are two drawbacks: I have to take it outside to clean well (which also involves running the hose all the way from the basement) since it is too large & cumbersome to take to one of the showers like I did with the last two; and when they're being very active the doors-in-door & floor are very noisy. I plan to make something quick to break down for transport/cleaning and maybe just a little wider for more toys, lol. What are people's thoughts on those materials/early description?

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Hutch] #1403811
08/26/16 08:24 AM
08/26/16 08:24 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
I just changed browsers this morning and I can't figure out how to retrieve a quote...

But in answer to your "smell" question, yes.

I found a hoodie from a thrift store that smelled like grand ma's dresser drawers, washed it put it on after a shower and both girls turned their noses up at me and the hoodie. I put my old smelly hoodie back on and they came to me on the hoodie and then peed down the back of my neck while perched on the hoodie... Ugh!

I need to wash the hoodie again (still smells) in baking soda and rinse cycle with white vinegar, and stuff it in my laundry hamper. And yes they like better me pre shower over post shower.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Ladymagyver] #1403820
08/26/16 11:45 AM
08/26/16 11:45 AM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
:rofl2:

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 2 [Re: Ladymagyver] #1403822
08/26/16 03:53 PM
08/26/16 03:53 PM
South Florida
HoneyChild Offline
Out of Pouch
HoneyChild  Offline
Out of Pouch

South Florida
Wheeeh. Ty for reassuring me Lady Magyver that my keeping of a specific, soiled / marked hoodie is common and not cat lady from the Simpson's behavior. :sick: My bae would give me funny looks every time I slipped into mine when we first got them..I laugh inside now because he too now has his own musty, marked hoodie :roflmao: Yes, I too find this makes a difference (smell)

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024