Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Questions about Glide-r-Chow/Gravy/-a-Mins? #1405616
12/06/16 11:33 PM
12/06/16 11:33 PM
MO
Michelle_D Offline OP
Out of Pouch
Michelle_D  Offline OP
Out of Pouch

MO
I'm not exactly 'new' to the Sugar Glider scene- I've been involved in the community and had these gorgeous little guys in my life for brief periods of time when I was a teenager, but now well out of my teens and with a much more stable home life, I've been doing research once again.

I've had experience using BML along with the addition of the Vitacraft pellets, fruits, veggies, and the occasional bug, but when I started researching into diet again, I discovered 'Glide-R-Chow' along with its supplements, Glide-a-Mins and Glider Gravy. Now I know there is a large amount of discourse about diets, what is and isn't right- but I haven't been able to find out any information about 'Glide-R-Chow' save what is on their own website.

If someone can give me a brief idea of the reputation of this diet, or the source of the diet's reputation, by post (within the board's guidelines) or by PM, I would really appreciate it!

We've been considering the diet, as the little boy I have is very used to (and very happy with it seems) kibbles.

I deeply appreciate any information I could get on these products!

Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: Questions about Glide-r-Chow/Gravy/-a-Mins? [Re: Michelle_D] #1405619
12/07/16 01:27 AM
12/07/16 01:27 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
I'm sorry I can't help you with Glider Chow, I have only fed BML, OHPW, and Critter Love complete (original HPW) which has been developed by Peggy ( Srlb), and has had many successful tests on nutrition, digestibility, and general all round health for gliders. My girls are doing great with it Critter Love.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: Questions about Glide-r-Chow/Gravy/-a-Mins? [Re: Michelle_D] #1405629
12/07/16 09:05 AM
12/07/16 09:05 AM
High Point, NC
G
gr8rcfan Offline
gr8rcfan  Offline
G

High Point, NC
Glide-R-Chow, Glider Gravy and Glide-a-Mins are all sold by Pocket Pets. You will find many people outside the Pocket Pets community have a negative opinion of Pocket Pets and everything they offer. Glide-R-Chow reportedly has improved over time, though it's ingredients are not clearly publicized, nor it's origin. Glider Gravy is actually produced by CritterLove and more commonly sold as CritterLove Complete. When fed alone, with the recommended fruits and vegetables, CritterLove Complete is considered a complete diet, containing sufficient protein, vitamins and calcium. Pocket Pets directs Glide-a-Mins should be provided when Glide-R-Chow is the primary staple, along with fruits and vegetables. Glider Gravy may be added to enhance flavor or appeal. If you choose to eliminate Glide-R-Chow and serve only Glider Gravy and fruits/veg, do not offer Glide-a-mins to prevent overdose. My gliders stopped eating their Glide-R-Chow and Gravy, only eating their fruits and vegetables. So I had to change diets. I hope this helps smile

Re: Questions about Glide-r-Chow/Gravy/-a-Mins? [Re: Michelle_D] #1405637
12/07/16 12:07 PM
12/07/16 12:07 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Michelle_D
I'm not exactly 'new' to the Sugar Glider scene- I've been involved in the community and had these gorgeous little guys in my life for brief periods of time when I was a teenager, but now well out of my teens and with a much more stable home life, I've been doing research once again.

I've had experience using BML along with the addition of the Vitacraft pellets, fruits, veggies, and the occasional bug, but when I started researching into diet again, I discovered 'Glide-R-Chow' along with its supplements, Glide-a-Mins and Glider Gravy. Now I know there is a large amount of discourse about diets, what is and isn't right- but I haven't been able to find out any information about 'Glide-R-Chow' save what is on their own website.

If someone can give me a brief idea of the reputation of this diet, or the source of the diet's reputation, by post (within the board's guidelines) or by PM, I would really appreciate it!

We've been considering the diet, as the little boy I have is very used to (and very happy with it seems) kibbles.

I deeply appreciate any information I could get on these products!

Glider Gravy is Critterlove Complete! The Pocket Pets diet is also one of the diets that was studied in the last diet study funded by the community and it is surprisingly a good diet.

I myself and a few other people think that the Pocket Pets Glider Grub kibble is actually the Pet Pro Happy Glider kibble.

I myself feed the Critterlove Plus, sometimes I will feed Critterlove Complete if I am running late and there is no Plus mixed up.

If you like feeding kibble, you can offer the kibble on the side (separate dish) and feed the Glider Gravy/Critterlove Complete and use one of the salad mixtures from the Critterlove web site: Critterlove Salad Mixtures . Toss the Glide a mins if you feed the kibble on the side and use the Glider Gravy/Critterlove Complete and the salad mixtures you will not need them.

If you have any more questions about the Critterlove Complete and Salad mixtures, contact Peggy (the creator of the diet) at Critterlove@Critterlove.com

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: Questions about Glide-r-Chow/Gravy/-a-Mins? [Re: Feather] #1405644
12/07/16 01:34 PM
12/07/16 01:34 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Although I do recommend the Critter Love® diet, as it has been more extensively tested and still undergoes testing (unlike any other diet out there for gliders)and its less expensive than the Glide T Gravy. I also have a combo pack that includes Happy Glider Pellets if you wish to feed those as well.

To answer your question about their diet, It was recently in a diet study and the results proved to be a good diet and the gliders did well on it. You can see the results HERE.

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: Questions about Glide-r-Chow/Gravy/-a-Mins? [Re: Michelle_D] #1406754
01/27/17 01:11 AM
01/27/17 01:11 AM
New Hampshire (NH)
H
Hbanksy Offline
Hbanksy  Offline
H

New Hampshire (NH)
Peggy you are saint
I have been really lost about what is the correct diet to feed my little ones. And with the ever expanding internet, it's hard to know which one is right. Peggy, am I able to email you?

Thanks, Heather

Re: Questions about Glide-r-Chow/Gravy/-a-Mins? [Re: Michelle_D] #1406757
01/27/17 04:43 AM
01/27/17 04:43 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
I'd like to point out one more pellet: Wholesome Balance sold by Sun Coast Sugar Gliders. I throw this out there in case yours (like mine) turn their noises up at the Pet Pro stuff (I was sent some as a gift for them). When I tried to transition them, they picked around the new stuff & when I offered it alone for several nights they ignored it.

When I have the Wholesome Balance in their cage, 4 Tbsp lasts about two (maaaaybe three) nights. My disclaimer is that I don't know what it's testing history is, only that mine will frequently have one or two pellets right after they wake before finding their 'dinner.' I also see them snack on them throughout the night.

Here's one link to check it out, should you desire. Ms. Lisa sells in many sizes (I usually order the 3Lb).
Whole Balance .75Lb

Last edited by Hutch; 01/27/17 04:43 AM.

- Hutch

:grey: Morgana (11/15)

:rbridge:
Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

The epic saga begins here!
Re: Questions about Glide-r-Chow/Gravy/-a-Mins? [Re: Hbanksy] #1406760
01/27/17 08:44 AM
01/27/17 08:44 AM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Originally Posted By: Hbanksy
Peggy you are saint
I have been really lost about what is the correct diet to feed my little ones. And with the ever expanding internet, it's hard to know which one is right. Peggy, am I able to email you?

Thanks, Heather

Absolutely Heather, email me at critterlove@critterlove.com

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Questions about Glide-r-Chow/Gravy/-a-Mins? [Re: Hutch] #1406761
01/27/17 08:46 AM
01/27/17 08:46 AM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
I'd like to point out one more pellet: Wholesome Balance sold by Sun Coast Sugar Gliders. I throw this out there in case yours (like mine) turn their noises up at the Pet Pro stuff (I was sent some as a gift for them).

Hutch, what flavor did you receive? I know my gliders love the Chicken breeder pellets and the Global pellets and don't really care for the Fruity, however, most of my customers gliders love the Fruity over the others.

You may want to call Pet-Pro and ask them if they would be so kind to send you out a sample kit of all their different flavors for you to try.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Questions about Glide-r-Chow/Gravy/-a-Mins? [Re: Srlb] #1406763
01/27/17 09:46 AM
01/27/17 09:46 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Originally Posted By: Srlb
Hutch, what flavor did you receive? I know my gliders love the Chicken breeder pellets and the Global pellets and don't really care for the Fruity, however, most of my customers gliders love the Fruity over the others.

You may want to call Pet-Pro and ask them if they would be so kind to send you out a sample kit of all their different flavors for you to try.
I don't recall at this point, I didn't pay much attention. I have a friend we exchange 'glider gifts' for our birthdays or holidays & she said hers liked it. When I gave up on them, I tossed it.

Thanks Peggy, I'll definitely keep that in mind, but at this point my gliders have shown me they like the Wholesome Balance enough to turn down another option. Unless I find out that the product isn't healthy, I don't see a reason to change right now. Besides, my floor stays cleaner since they eat these pellets instead of tossing them out like the other, hehehe.

- Hutch

:grey: Morgana (11/15)

:rbridge:
Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

The epic saga begins here!

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024