Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. #1409392
04/30/17 06:42 AM
04/30/17 06:42 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline OP
Ladymagyver  Offline OP

SW Missouri USA
So, we are in Ohio, working, and we went to the OSGA this year! I couldn't be working so close and not go.

I did feel like a newbie all over again, but it didn't take long to meet new friends and feel welcome.

Other than my GC buddies, we are a bit isolated when it comes to the glider world. It was great to put bodies and true personalities to faces and names.

I got to meet Feather for the first time in person! Thank you Kim for making me feel welcome! This lady is something else! She is so sweet! Now I have to go to SGGA even if I have to walk there from Mississippi.

I met Shelly (Glider Nursery), our host, Thank you for the warm welcome! She worked really hard and I feel this year was a success! My notepad is full of great information I will be able to share here as well as a better life for my gliders!

I met Peggy (Srlb) owner of Critter Love too! She is so awesome! Thank you for the warm reception and explaining things beyond your diet plan. She is the real deal.

Not only did I learn a lot, the vendors were great too! And I saved on shipping. Seeing it in person, and picking out exactly what I wanted / needed... Quite a shopping experience! Hubby was a good sport with his cash and credit card .

Oh I forgot! Hubby had fun too! I think It's the first time he went to something that wasn't hunting, fishing, drag racing, or gun related. But he loves our girls as much as I do!

I am still in Elyria at this point, still overwhelmed from yesturday. So much great info! I know I forgot something, or to mention somebody, and the other new friends I met, well, you know who you are it was nice to meet you!

Oh, and Dot and Fiona went along and had a great time too! Not one crabby interruption during the lectures! They slept through most of it!

Last edited by Ladymagyver; 04/30/17 06:50 AM.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: Ladymagyver] #1409394
04/30/17 07:56 AM
04/30/17 07:56 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline OP
Ladymagyver  Offline OP

SW Missouri USA
I forgot to mention Bourbon was there too! The creator of the BML diet... I felt I was a room with royalty!!!

She is just an extraordinary person who has a passion for these little fuzzbutts, and their care and well being...

I wish I had more time to spend with her. Hopefully I will see her again at one of these gatherings.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: Ladymagyver] #1409396
04/30/17 09:27 AM
04/30/17 09:27 AM
in the void
M
mechnut450 Offline
Glider Guardian
mechnut450  Offline
Glider Guardian
M

in the void
lol Bourbon at almost all events she come even if she was a zombie i bet.
glad you enjoyed the osga , it on our glider event list in the future

Bowie,Misha :leu:
Peso, Bemo :rtmo:

Kahless :rtmo:

rehomed and missed Sasha, Sammi, Elda,
:rbridge: Momo, Sterling , Vino, Freya, Leeloo,
Muffin our first true fur master
Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: mechnut450] #1409401
04/30/17 12:29 PM
04/30/17 12:29 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
So glad you got to go and experience a glider gathering up close and personal,
Dawn. They truly are something special. It is hard to explain to folks who don't have the love for these little ones, isn't it? Even though you are a newbie,
it doesn't take long to be assimilated into the fold rofl

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: Ladymagyver] #1409410
04/30/17 05:50 PM
04/30/17 05:50 PM
Free Like the Wind!
Stef333 Offline
Glider Explorer
Stef333  Offline
Glider Explorer

Free Like the Wind!
Thanks for reporting on the event! You made me want to go. Now that I'm mobile, maybe I'll make it to a gathering some time. smile

:grey: Yoda (Yodins) :grey: Jabberwinky (Winklefritz)
Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: KarenE] #1409424
05/01/17 01:10 AM
05/01/17 01:10 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline OP
Ladymagyver  Offline OP

SW Missouri USA
Originally Posted By: mechnut450
lol Bourbon at almost all events she come even if she was a zombie i bet.
glad you enjoyed the osga , it on our glider event list in the future

She was great! I've never met anyone like her!

Originally Posted By: KarenE

Dawn. They truly are something special. It is hard to explain to folks who don't have the love for these little ones, isn't it? Even though you are a newbie,
it doesn't take long to be assimilated into the fold rofl

You are correct Karen! Assimilation: Complete! Such a sweet group! I did sit with other newbies. But everyone was nice and talkative. I actually met a few from Missouri!

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: Stef333] #1409425
05/01/17 01:12 AM
05/01/17 01:12 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline OP
Ladymagyver  Offline OP

SW Missouri USA
Originally Posted By: Stef333
Thanks for reporting on the event! You made me want to go. Now that I'm mobile, maybe I'll make it to a gathering some time. smile

You have to go at least once. But be careful, they are addicting!

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: Ladymagyver] #1409449
05/01/17 07:45 PM
05/01/17 07:45 PM
Perry, Iowa
josefine Offline
Glider Addict
josefine  Offline
Glider Addict

Perry, Iowa
you definitely will need to go to the sgga the end of july in Wisconsin. it has been a few yrs since I have been able to attend an event, & I am going to be able to go to this one, & my husband says he wants to come, too.
I've been to 3 in Ohio, 2 in Missouri, one in Illinoi. They have been nothing but fun & informative.
you leave remembering the experience for the rest of your life.
I miss so many of the people that attend these, & I am so excited to be able to reintroduce myself to those that I haven't seen, that I remember & want to be able to give hugs to them. hoping that just b/c they aren't here on GC, they still attend the events.
& bourbon really is the best, she is real in every sense of the word.
& I'm also wanting to make new friends, too!!!!!!!

Larry & Josefine Vodenik
2014 4 St
Perry,Iowa50220
515/321-6081cell#
j.vodenik@hotmail.com
Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: josefine] #1409477
05/03/17 08:12 AM
05/03/17 08:12 AM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Dawn, it was so wonderful to meet you. What a sweetheart you are!!

I am so glad that both you and your hubby enjoyed it.

These gatherings can indeed become addictive. Not just because of all the educational stuff you learn, but also because of all the people you meet and the laughs you share. You get to see what people are really all about when they are not just behind a keyboard.

I look forward to seeing you guys in July in Wisconsin. No excuses missy. You better show up we have more talking to do!!

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: Ladymagyver] #1409482
05/03/17 12:06 PM
05/03/17 12:06 PM
Vancouver, WA
A
Aric Offline
In Pouch
Aric  Offline
In Pouch
A

Vancouver, WA
Are there any events in the Portland OR area?

Aric Keith
Glider Assistant to Dr Cornelius Squibble
Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: Ladymagyver] #1409488
05/03/17 06:48 PM
05/03/17 06:48 PM
Free Like the Wind!
Stef333 Offline
Glider Explorer
Stef333  Offline
Glider Explorer

Free Like the Wind!
I'd be up for that too, Aric! I'm in western Washington.

Re: OSGA - April 29th - Elyria, Ohio [Re: GliderNursery] #1409497
05/04/17 10:59 AM
05/04/17 10:59 AM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
Oh my gosh! This was such a great weekend!! smile smile (Here goes the LOOOONNNGGG post!)

We oversold the room, had a bit of issue with the table setup, but got it worked out. (That's a good thing! smile ) Also had a tad bit of technical difficulty with the internet service, but thanks to Allison, we finally got things working.

This has been the largest OSGA so far, and you guys helped make the 5th annual conference a HUGE success! Thanks again to all of my sponsors, ya'll know I can't do this without you...Dallie (SpinZone Global), Peggy (Critter Love®), Sherri (Newby's Glider Nook), Jim (Pet-Pro), and Robyn (Flying J Gliders). You all rock and I greatly appreciate you!

A few shout outs...Allison and Catherine, you two were wonderful "little helpers". I think you may have done more than I did. Every year you two are here for me and I thank you very much. You two keep me organized and do such a great job with the fundraising.

Dr. Dierenfeld - thank you for always giving such an informative presentation. It is an honor and a pleasure working with you. I'm so excited that all of Phase I of the Nutrition Study has been accepted for publication! We are making great strides in this research, and I thank you for working with us!

Peggy Hernandez Brewer (Critter Love®) - thank you for allowing Dr. Dierenfeld to present the findings of the Vitamin D research that the two of you did. It's an honor that you chose to have these findings presented at my event. Thank you for taking a portion of YOUR sales and donating it to continued research. It's very refreshing to see someone spending their own money for the good of the glider, and doing research on things other than your diet products...love seeing the results of your research.

Dallie - thanks for being there for me. (No more words are needed here. <3 )

Ian (Spirit Drawing by Ian) - thank you for once again doing free drawings for my guests. You stayed so late and squeezed more people in than I would have ever expected. Everyone loved the experience and I'm happy that you were able to come back this year. What are we going to do for next year??

Kristopher - thank you for speaking and explaining that not everything online is the "only" or "right" way to do things. I love when people are willing to explain how they do things and how successful they are to show that there is more than one way to do things.

Dr. Matt - once again you provided a very educational presentation. Thank you for speaking about neuters. I received a ton of great feedback. Hope we can plan a new topic for next year.

To everyone else (no way I can mention everyone)...thank you so much for coming! The gift exchange went amazingly well and seemed to be very well received by everyone. I think we may do that again next year! The meet & greet was so much fun this year; I usually don't get to spend as much time socializing as I did. I got to meet so many new people (we had a lot of first time attendees!!). I've received a lot of feedback from the conference on Saturday and loved hearing how much each of you learned ( smile ) and how much fun you all had.

Thanks to each of you that came to my restaurant for lunch and dinner. We had a very large crowd on Saturday night. I truly hope you each enjoyed your dining experience. I appreciate your support; I know you could have stayed closer to the hotel to eat, but chose to come to the Brickyard anyway. That means a lot to me. smile

To all of the exhibitors - your set-ups were beautiful. There was a very nice selection available for all shopping needs. I truly hope you all did very well. Thank you to each of you that donated items for the door prizes. I special thank you to Marie (Sugar Glider Joy), Carla Sloan, and Tonia (Fairy Tail Gliders) for donating the items for the auction. That really helped boost our funds!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SUPPORTING THE NUTRITION RESEARCH!!

I REALLY needed this weekend, you guys did more for me this weekend than you realize. I hope to see each of you back next year! THANK YOU!!!

Soooo....who's ready for next year? :rofl2:

Shelly

Don't sacrifice quality information for convenient information.

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: Srlb] #1409614
05/07/17 10:03 AM
05/07/17 10:03 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline OP
Ladymagyver  Offline OP

SW Missouri USA
Originally Posted By: Srlb
Dawn, it was so wonderful to meet you. What a sweetheart you are!!

I am so glad that both you and your hubby enjoyed it.

These gatherings can indeed become addictive. Not just because of all the educational stuff you learn, but also because of all the people you meet and the laughs you share. You get to see what people are really all about when they are not just behind a keyboard.

I look forward to seeing you guys in July in Wisconsin. No excuses missy. You better show up we have more talking to do!!

I really enjoyed our talk! I did have more to say/ask, I got tongue tied and forgot... I kinda rambled on! But next time I see you I will be more prepared! Thank you for taking time with me. grin

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: Ladymagyver] #1409615
05/07/17 10:09 AM
05/07/17 10:09 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline OP
Ladymagyver  Offline OP

SW Missouri USA
Shelly/ Glider Nursery,

You did a wonderful job! Thank you so much for the fantastic experience! It was the first exposure we had to other sugar glider fanatics like ourselves. Our family thinks we have gone over the edge!!!

We need to make up a t-shirt that says:

"It's a Sugar Glider thing...
You wouldn't understand..."

Last edited by Ladymagyver; 05/07/17 10:10 AM.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: Ladymagyver] #1409686
05/08/17 09:22 AM
05/08/17 09:22 AM
Free Like the Wind!
Stef333 Offline
Glider Explorer
Stef333  Offline
Glider Explorer

Free Like the Wind!
So it sounds like there were plenty of gliders present at the conference. Did any gliders get to meet and greet with each other? I know that they're generally territorial in their own space, but will they "say hello" to unknown gliders in neutral territory like that...?

Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: Ladymagyver] #1409702
05/08/17 09:06 PM
05/08/17 09:06 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline OP
Ladymagyver  Offline OP

SW Missouri USA
Since I'm a newbie to conferences, I got to scratch a few ears, and cheeks, after I asked, Dot gave Fiona up in the pouch, what I mean by that is when my hand goes in, Dot dives under her and pushes her up in my hand. Kinda funny!

The girls were perfect, no crabbing and kept a good additude about being petted. Fiona dove for the front of my shirt once while out...

We kept them with us all day Saturday during the conference. I got to meet Tucker's grandson.
Such a cutie!

Half way through the conference, I took them out of their bonding pouch, and they crawled into my Hoodie hood. Best behavior! We went back to our room shortly after that and Hubby couldn't dig them out. So a half a grape each and back in to meeting we all went...

We didn't let the girls mingle with other gliders, but they knew they were there from the scents of the strangers who pet them. They were quite content to stay on me. Not curious at all. Oh and I never petted an intact male either.

Last edited by Ladymagyver; 05/08/17 09:11 PM.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: Ladymagyver] #1409709
05/08/17 11:17 PM
05/08/17 11:17 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: Ladymagyver
Since I'm a newbie to conferences, I got to scratch a few ears, and cheeks, after I asked, Dot gave Fiona up in the pouch, what I mean by that is when my hand goes in, Dot dives under her and pushes her up in my hand. Kinda funny!

The girls were perfect, no crabbing and kept a good additude about being petted. Fiona dove for the front of my shirt once while out...

We kept them with us all day Saturday during the conference. I got to meet Tucker's grandson.
Such a cutie!

Half way through the conference, I took them out of their bonding pouch, and they crawled into my Hoodie hood. Best behavior! We went back to our room shortly after that and Hubby couldn't dig them out. So a half a grape each and back in to meeting we all went...

We didn't let the girls mingle with other gliders, but they knew they were there from the scents of the strangers who pet them. They were quite content to stay on me. Not curious at all. Oh and I never petted an intact male either.

If I would have known you never petted an intact male I would have had you take a sniff test of those stinky little buggers.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: Feather] #1409737
05/10/17 07:10 AM
05/10/17 07:10 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline OP
Ladymagyver  Offline OP

SW Missouri USA
Originally Posted By: Feather

If I would have known you never petted an intact male I would have had you take a sniff test of those stinky little buggers.

:rofl2:

Yeah, I should have proof read a little closer...

Not sure how close of a smell I really wanna get... :pointlaugh: shakehead

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: OSGA 2017 My Newbie Review. [Re: Ladymagyver] #1409762
05/10/17 12:19 PM
05/10/17 12:19 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
In some of those little boys the testosterone really makes them odoriferous little buggers.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024