Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Crittelove Diet Question #1415104
02/28/18 03:42 PM
02/28/18 03:42 PM
Minnesota
Hydrus Offline OP
Joey Member
Hydrus  Offline OP
Joey Member

Minnesota
Hello smile

I'm looking at the Critterlove diet to feed my new gliders when I pick them up. While I was on their website I see they Critterlove Complete, Critterlove Plus, and the Happy Glider Nuggets (they have others but I don't think they apply to me). Am I correct to assume the Nuggets I can leave in the cage all the time as a snack thru the day? And how do I know if I should be choosing the Complete or the Plus diet? I see the Plus requires ingredients to purchase separate and mix in and the complete has everything in there from what I can tell. Is that the only difference? Just the amount of prep involved? I want to choose the correct diet smile And I can pick any of the salads, correct? Just so long as I'm feeding one along with the complete/plus?

Thanks so much for helping me sort this out!

Becca

:grey: :plat:
Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: Crittelove Diet Question [Re: Hydrus] #1415105
02/28/18 05:18 PM
02/28/18 05:18 PM
US
P
ptamom Offline
In Pouch
ptamom  Offline
In Pouch
P

US
My ladies are on the Critter Love diet and I love it for the simplicity.

1) Critterlove Complete has all the nutrients you need and all you do it add water and freeze.

2) CritterLove Plus also has the nutrients but you will have to buy separate items and then prepare.

I personally buy the Complete and the Happy Glider Nuggets.

3) You are correct about the nuggets. Several people leave it in the cage during the day for the reason you stated.

Since my gliders don't wake up (unless I wake them up), I usually give it to them early morning. My gliders "bark" in the morning. I think it is there way of telling me "feed me more food."

4) Yes, you can choose any salad and serve it with the Critter Love Complete/Plus (whichever you choose). There is also a way to adjust it to the amount of servings you want to make which makes it convenient.

Congrats on the new gliders; you will quickly fall in love with them.

Re: Crittelove Diet Question [Re: Hydrus] #1415106
02/28/18 05:22 PM
02/28/18 05:22 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Originally Posted By: Hydrus
Hello smile

I'm looking at the Critterlove Diet to feed my new gliders when I pick them up. While I was on their website I see they Critterlove Complete, Critterlove Plus, and the Happy Glider Nuggets (they have others but I don't think they apply to me).
Howdy!

Am I correct to assume the Nuggets I can leave in the cage all the time as a snack thru the day?
That is correct. I leave my four a fresh tablespoon each night, it's mostly gone by the next night.

And how do I know if I should be choosing the Complete or the Plus diet?
Personal preference.

I see the Plus requires ingredients to purchase separate and mix in and the complete has everything in there from what I can tell. Is that the only difference? Just the amount of prep involved?
For the most part, yes. Some people prefer purchasing the ingredients themselves & making their own batches, others (like me) are happy to just add water, lol.

I want to choose the correct diet smile
Both are great and have been well tested & proven. it's really up to you which to choose which preparation suits you better.

And I can pick any of the salads, correct? Just so long as I'm feeding one along with the complete/plus?
Correct, on both counts.

Thanks so much for helping me sort this out!
You're most welcome smile

- Hutch

:grey: Morgana (11/15)

:rbridge:
Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

The epic saga begins here!
Re: Crittelove Diet Question [Re: Hydrus] #1415109
02/28/18 07:50 PM
02/28/18 07:50 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
When CL is frozen, the complete is hard like an icecube. The plus is a bit like hard icecream. You can put both in icecube trays, but if you want to scoop from a container, the plus might work better for you.

I use CL complete, happy glider pellets, and a salad. We travel with work in a 5th wheel, so less prep time better for me, plus storing. The one other thing I like about the complete is if you run out, you can make an individual batch rather quickly.

Oh and I freeze mine in salad dressing cups with lids. That way if fridge goes off, I don't have a freezer bag full of softened icecubes.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: Crittelove Diet Question [Re: Ladymagyver] #1415111
02/28/18 11:01 PM
02/28/18 11:01 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
I'm just going to admit right now that I skipped through a few replies, sorry, just wanted to put in my 2 cents and am I kind of a hurry.

Yes, the difference is the prep, but also the batch size, at least I think the CLP recipe would make the same amount as the CLO (Critter Love Original). I have used all three: CLO, CLP, and CLC. Currently I've been making the CLO, but now since I'm down to just a pair, I've ordered some CLC, I believe I have one more batch left for CLO with the WHPS. It just makes too large a batch for two gliders imho, I mean unless you have the freezer space.

And yes the consistency they freeze to differs as well. I used to mix CLO or CLP then pour into a large freezer container for scooping. When I was ready to move across country, I went with the CLC for travel purposes. I purchased a six-pack of Sunny D, and washed out 4 bottles to use in my travels. Premeasured the water so all I had to do was add the powder and shake. I began using this method to store in the freezer, although once I did use the larger container for CLP, but now just use the little bottles. I had to purchase more little bottles to do this, so got the cheap Dollar Store juice and used those bottles. Since moving back across country and in my current arrangement, I do not have so much freezer space to store their food, and I need most for the F/V salads as well.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
R.I.P. Lulu (2/28/12-10/13/17)
R.I.P. Skadoosh (2/28/12-3/26/18)
Re: Crittelove Diet Question [Re: Hydrus] #1415118
03/01/18 01:03 PM
03/01/18 01:03 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
You have been given great information.

I myself feed the Plus, because I am feeding so many gliders, mine gets stored in the fridge. I make a double batch about every 3 days. So I use Plus because I can't afford to feed this many gliders with Complete.

Critterlove Plus and Complete have been the most tested diet out there and it is also sold in several countries.

As far as the salad mixtures go, you may want to cut the recipe in half as it will last 2 gliders a long time. I go through a batch in about a week.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: Crittelove Diet Question [Re: Hydrus] #1415122
03/01/18 01:17 PM
03/01/18 01:17 PM
Minnesota
Hydrus Offline OP
Joey Member
Hydrus  Offline OP
Joey Member

Minnesota
Thank you so much for everyone's replies. I feel much better now about all this. Its been so long since I've fed a glider (the one I had was about 20 years ago when they didn't have any diets like this - no one even really knew what to feed back then).

Tonight I'll look up all the ingredients that would need to be purchased for the plus and weigh it against just buying the complete and see where that lands me. If they are basically the same I'll go with the one that makes the most financial sense for 2 gliders as well as ease of storage.

I really appreciate it! You guys are great!

Becca

:grey: :plat:

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (KarenE), 341 guests, and 87 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,571 TEXAS
679,075 OHIO
487,155 OKLAHOMA
432,159 UTAH
321,680 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024