Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Ladymagyver. 03/28/24 09:57 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: Dancing] #184815
12/12/06 02:01 PM
12/12/06 02:01 PM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
cry OMG, AmberLove!!!

First, let me give you a handful of hug2 hug2 for what all you've been through. That is EVERY glider slave's nightmare come to life cry

I would have been so mean & nasty as to SHOW this friend exactly what his NEGLECT AND IGNORANCE resulted in! I would have SO-O-O lost it & come TOTALLY UNGLUED on his sorry excuse for a human being. tant

This is a fear that I have every time I go anywhere for an overnight stay. I have a grown son who I FORCE to call me on my cell phone from our HOUSE PHONE each and EVERY NIGHT that I'm away...so I can see on my caller ID that he's there.

We SO BADLY NEED an emergency babysitting database for situations just like this one.....I'd be very glad to assist whoever wants to spearhead this project in gathering data. And we need it NATION-WIDE...not just here or there or whatever! Certainly everyone who's a glider slave can find room for a spare cage or 2 to help someone else in times of emergency....I know I could!

"For the Love of the Gliders".....

Minkasmom (Papillon Kisses)
Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: SugarBlossoms] #184835
12/12/06 02:41 PM
12/12/06 02:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ohhh my prayers are with you and your family as you have had to endure all the sadness you have. May God heal your hearts and help you thru the sadness.

and from your experience I hope we all make sure that we have an emergency back up plan in place.

be well

Jan

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184843
12/12/06 02:52 PM
12/12/06 02:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I absolutely cannot get through your entire post--I'm at work and have to maintain composure and it is seriously too much.
Just want to send my deepest condolences, this is an absolutely terrible thing to have happen.
I'm going out of town this weekend and am now completely freaked out. Although, I do get my sister to stay at my apartment and glidersit for me, and she has always been wonderful with animals, so I fully trust her. Even then, I call every night to see how my boys are.
Again, I am so sorry for your loss. And definitely give the others extra mealies when you get home.

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184881
12/12/06 03:49 PM
12/12/06 03:49 PM
Central Connecticut
BCChins Offline
Glider Addict
BCChins  Offline
Glider Addict

Central Connecticut
I am very sorry for the pain you are feeling right now. Not only to loose a human family member but to loose your pets is just awful.
Again this is not your fault so do not blame yourself the blame is on the so called person who was suppose to take care of them.
Martin Thank you for noticing that something was wrong and acting on it. You saved the ones you could.

Hugs

Have a Good Day
Brenda &
Mr. Magoo

Friendly Reminder please have an e-collar ready before you need it......
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: Dancing] #184912
12/12/06 05:18 PM
12/12/06 05:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thats horrible. i swear pets are better than most humans anyday of the week.

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184938
12/12/06 06:14 PM
12/12/06 06:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i am so sorry for your loss... my heart goes out to you.

cry i'm sitting here like a ball of teary mush because of your story. i can't imagine what you're going through. thank goodness for martin and the suggies that were still by some miracle able to hold on.

your family is in my prayers for everything that's happened. hug2

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: Dancing] #185148
12/13/06 12:39 AM
12/13/06 12:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nyghtgale your a member of USGN, there is a new forum there to sign up in, just go to your State and tell what all you are willing to do to help and how far you are willing to go.

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #185156
12/13/06 01:11 AM
12/13/06 01:11 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can not imagine how much your gliders most have suffered...it just makes my sick to my stomach to even think about it. I can not imagine what YOU are going through right now...all the pain...all the loss. I don't know what to say. hug2

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #185234
12/13/06 06:57 AM
12/13/06 06:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just wanted to let all of you know how much you all mean to me...the support I have received...I feel forever blessed for finding this place.
As for me...I'm still in Miami. We had hoped to go home today, but there is yet again another issue which could push this all the way to Friday...My heart aches...I so desperately want to go home...
I think about my babies constantly...every second I get a moment of silence to myself I go right back to that moment when I received that call from Martin...I cried so hard when he called me, I actually ruined my cell phone...I'm exhausted, both physically and emotionally and I need to get back to my life. My husband was up until 3am tonight trying to install an alarm system because we can't get a company to come here for 2 weeks...and neither of us can wait that long...Someone is supposed to come by at 8am to begin the process to activate the security system...but they said it could take 2-3 days to finalize and we can't leave until it's done...
I've grieved more in the last week than I ever have in my entire life...I've never lost so much in so short a time.....I am at the point where it just plain HURTS...physically...I can't sleep, here it is 5:11am and I'm still wide awake....when I FORCE myself to function...I feel completely NUMB...that is the only word I can think of to describe how I am existing. I am desperately trying to support my husband, today was aweful- We were driving a truck we borrowed from a friend of his we've known forever and someone slammed into us in the parking lot. My husband completely lost it...He just can't take any more and he wants to go home as badly as I do...Being here in her home for so long is difficult beyond words...At times he sounds like a little boy that lost his mother in the grocery store....he is 35 and has lost both of his parents to cancer...and we just found out last month he has a heart condition which he now takes 4 medications for...I'm a nervous wreck...
I work from home, and my babies were my life. My husband travels nation wide almost every week...and the reason we have so many is primarily because of me...I need someone to LOVE...someone to take care of...someone who needs me and loves me in return...OF course we have our daughter...but my furry babies never ask WHY...it's always unconditional...and sometimes that alone makes everything so much better for me...
I can't believe they're gone. I keep thinking about when I get home...I have to clean their cages and move them downstairs...I know I just can't have them there to remind me...
I wanted to let everyone know that Martin went to the house on Sunday and took all the babies that we lost and he burried them in our back yard...the thing that really touched me beyond the fact that he would do that without asking...He burried them under the tree where we have Cardinals living....They nest there every year and I actualy saved one of their babies from a ferral cat last year...Cardinals are my favorite...so that is Exactly where I would have chosen to place them...
Wanda- CarrieT called me today to say that you have a picture of my Ziggy up somewhere...we were both driving so I couldn't get the info from her...If you would either post a link or PM me I would be so grateful to you...I really need to see him....and please don't think it's because I'm worried that you aren't taking care of him...I just really neeed to see my baby...We've never been apart this long and I feel as though I've abandoned him....He's my super Spoiled little love bug...his favorite is Deli Turkey....(Spoiled Snot) My hubby would take him out in the morning when he would go down to make his lunch and he ALWAYS gave him a bit of Deli Turkey...so when my Husband got this new job and it changed...He would BARK AND BARK wondering WHERE'S THE TURKEY!! But I'm sure you already now, he loves just about everything except Green Beans and Bananas...and just like you said, he'll go to anyone...My Zig Man doesn't have a mean bone in his body...He and Zuri are now my Miracle Babies...
I honestly believe that God often puts people in your path to help see you through life...some just walk around them and go their own way...but I know for a Fact, not only from this with Martin...but also this entire week...whenever everything seemed as dark as it could possibly be...someone would either call or just stop by....and miraculiously things would work themselves out...
I am strong only because I MUST be for my husband and for my daughter...but inside I feel as though I am completely lost. I know when this immediate crisis passes, there will be a day when I am home alone that I will grieve and finally sleep without nightmares...but right now, when I cry, I scare my daughter....and then I feel guilty because my husband has lost so much more than I have...so I feel as though I have no right to put any more on him...I miss my home so much...I miss my babies...I miss my life...But I must hold on to the hope and knowledge that This too shall pass...perhaps never completely, but the pain will ease, and time will pass....
One one last WONDERFUL note...Months ago I had a Lazer neuter done on Ziggy, it was even before I got my Zuri...I opted to keep the Pom, and the vet was concerned because he had never done that particular proceedure in that way on a glider...There are extremely few vets in our area that will even see gliders SO after about 6 weeks of debating I decided to go through with it.
I purchased Zuri from CarrieT only to be a companion to my Sweet Ziggy. I felt that it just wasn't fair for someone as wonderful as him to spend the rest of his life without someone of his own kind...now matter how close we are...
About 2 months after the neuter I noticed he was developing a bald spot, though he was not scent marking....I called the vet and and he said that there was a possibility that the Neuter may not have been successful. He told me that I could bring him back in and that he would do a standard neuter and remove the pom at no charge if it was found that he was still fertile.....WELL...I just didn't want to put him through any more AND at that time he was alone SO...I told the vet I would hold off...
WELL...According to Wanda...and CarrieT...They both believe that my Ziggy is still Fertile...and there is a slight chance that maybe someday I may have babies onece again....CarrieT....I can't tell you how much that brightened my day...As I told you...I really don't think I can bring myself to get any more gliders...maybe not forever....but definately not for some time....Maybe I'll save up and get a B.E.W...(Pipe Dream)...but the babies I lost simply Can Not Be replaced...
I am so grateful that I still have two babies to love...I am beyond grateful to all of you...and I am so happy to hear how all of you are pulling together to try to organize a formal listing of sitters or foster homes....IT's Critical....and if and when it does happen I will know that my babies played a part in possibly saving the lives of countless others...Please, lets make this happen.
Thank you all again...and Wanda...Please don't forget to PM or email me that link....I'm sure you understand...My email is MoniqueFontaine@comcast.net
I'll Check back whenever I'm able...and hopefully I'll be home by Friday...everyone keep me in your prayers...and if you think of my Ziggy and Zuri....it couldn't hurt to toss in there that they remain STRONG and HEALTHY and wait just a few more days for their mamma to come home...

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #185237
12/13/06 08:08 AM
12/13/06 08:08 AM
Doniphan Mo
Carrie T Offline
Glider Addict
Carrie T  Offline
Glider Addict

Doniphan Mo
Here you go hun hug2 Ziggy

Now I need to go to work

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: Carrie T] #185622
12/13/06 10:01 PM
12/13/06 10:01 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh my, I read all this and can barely see the computer screen right now due to the tears. I'm so sorry and my prayers are with you.

I would be pressing animal cruelty charges on your husband's ex-friend. There is NO excuse for that! NONE!

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #185646
12/13/06 10:35 PM
12/13/06 10:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am so sorry to hear this! This is a terrible tragedy and you already have so much on your mind and now having to deal with this! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!

AmberLove- didn't you get Ziggy from Sherri & Jim in VA? If so I have Ferdi (WF) I got from them and him & Isabella are expecting babies! Ferdi's parents are Sampson & Drucilla. I don't know if this helps but maybe you'd want one of their babies.

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #185655
12/13/06 10:52 PM
12/13/06 10:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amber I think about you and your babies everyday. We will continue to keep you in our prayers!

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #185660
12/13/06 11:00 PM
12/13/06 11:00 PM
Tampa, FL
Xglider Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Xglider  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Tampa, FL
Amber… I so can’t read all of your original post… it has been a difficult week… I have had a hard time coming to the Real Sorties forum… but was concerned … I an so sorry you have been through all this… know your GC family love you.. and glad that you found the contacts when you needed it most…

* ~ * John * ~ * Sorry store is closed at this time.. <br>
Link -> [b]~~ XtremeGlider ~~ Home of the original Re~set Toys! ~~[/b] <br>
Oct 2012 update.. miss my gliders and my
glider family and think of my friends often!!!
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: Their_mommy] #185683
12/13/06 11:24 PM
12/13/06 11:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OH MY GOODNE.... I have cried and cried. I usually watch these babies for you and I am so sorry I wasn't there to help this time.

I would have drove and met someeone at your house or something. I loved those guys. I am so glad to here Ziggy and Zuri are ok. If you need me I am here.

I just don't know what to say. This is tearing me apart.

Please call me when you get home and if you need me let me know. If you need me to help Wanda...whatever....
Those poor babies.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: Xglider] #185706
12/13/06 11:47 PM
12/13/06 11:47 PM
Lenexa, KS
TracieB Offline
Glider Addict
TracieB  Offline
Glider Addict

Lenexa, KS
AmberLove - I am so very sorry for all of the loss, pain, and sadness you have had to go through this past week. I can't even imagine how much you must be hurting. While reading your post I cried harder than I have cried in a long time, and then I just couldn't get the thoughts or pictures out of my head. I was hurting for you and your babies so much. Knowing that you were having to go through the loss of a much loved family member and then the betrayal by a long-time "friend" that resulted in the loss of six of your babies just broke my heart.

I know you feel like you need to be strong for everyone else, but you also need to take care of yourself. I will be thinking about and praying for you and your family and also for Ziggy and Zuri. Please pass along my condolences to your husband for the loss of his mother. Also, please let Martin know that I think he is an angel and any of us would be lucky to have him as a friend and/or neighbor. He has done so many selfless and wonderful things through all this - he is definitely a blessing in your life.

I hope everything works out there and that you get home before the end of the week so that you can be with your babies soon. Please do take some time for yourself and get some rest. You've been through so much and I'm sure going home won't be easy at first either. Just give Ziggy and Zuri lots of love and treats! Sending hug2 hug2 hug2 to all of you.

Tracie
1 wonderful husband - Chris
1 goofy Yorkie - Dexter
2 naughty kitties - Chloe & Alek

Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge:
1 spoiled Yorkie, Myles - April 5, 1993-June 5, 2007
1 sweet :wfb: Xavier - August 5, 2007-May 20, 2010
2 sweet :grey: :grey: Nara & Alkina - February, 2006-November, 2011

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #185725
12/14/06 12:08 AM
12/14/06 12:08 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AmberLove,
I am not sure I can do anything to ease your pain right now !! I live in Texas and would be happy to help in any way I can as I am the very proud mommy of Pepper Ann, Daizy Mae, and Peanut Petty!!!! We are all sending you lots and lots of mlove hug2 I know you are already surrounded by lots of wonderful friends and family,But if you ever need another sholder or just a good friend please know I am here
my email is apetty1030@alltel.net
I will keep you all in my thoughts and prays!!!! Am sending up lots of love and peace hope this will help you find sweet dreams tonight!!!!

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #196681
01/06/07 11:31 PM
01/06/07 11:31 PM
Quincy, IL
glidrz5 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidrz5  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Quincy, IL
I'm going to move the updates on Ziggy & Zuri to Glider Talk. Please continue to keep us updated on how these two little ones are doing.

Chris
Illusion, Malcom, Isabell, Annabelle, Zach, Isis, Aly & Indy
AND Miss Emmy & Miss Chloe kitties

:rbridge: My Angels: You are always in my heart.

You've flown to the rainbow
and wait there for me
Someday I will join you
together to be

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: glidrz5] #196846
01/07/07 10:52 AM
01/07/07 10:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't even begin to understand what you are going through. It was hard enough to read what happened to you and your family. I will pray for all of you.

I support the emergency pet sitting database idea! I would sign up for that in a heart beat! I actually do that as a side job for about 5 families. I think it would be good to include all of the animals that each person is experienced with and not just suggies. That way when someone has animals other than suggies one can find a good pet sitter for all of them. It might also be a good idea to contact the person that will pet sit for you for some personal references (if there is time before hand).

Last edited by ElusiveAngel; 01/07/07 10:53 AM.
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #196857
01/07/07 12:08 PM
01/07/07 12:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our deepest sympathies on your loss.....we recently lost one and I could not imagine losing six at once....the devestation you must feel is unfathomable....take comfort in the people here and your survivors....the support is amazing......

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (mechnut450), 558 guests, and 64 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,161
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,630 TEXAS
679,102 OHIO
487,219 OKLAHOMA
432,217 UTAH
321,734 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024