Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Cmdr Riker almost died Monday #331914
07/05/07 08:56 PM
07/05/07 08:56 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
cry A warning on some side effects of anesthesia, and ambient heat (weather). And aftereffects of HLP in an adult glider. Suz-you'll want to know some of this (Mareki)

Monday, Binx and Lyah had a vet appointment for followup and Riker's been a little off, so I took him, too. He's lost some weight, but I was in CA for 3 days last week, and unable to coax him to eat as usual, down to 151 grams (lowest in 2 years)from 160 around 6/8 weeks ago. He's still overgrooming, and it was getting worse quick, plus has some severe hair thinning ONLY on his belly, and the vet thinks maybe throughout his tail. He's been on the HPW for about 2 months to try and fix this-the rest of his coat is gorgeous, well groomed, and thick-except for the overgrooming on his head you wouldn't know until you see his underside. He also has a history of coming to me at 6-8 weeks OOP with severe HLP, and following cloacal SM that had him 3 months in an ecollar, from UTI and hormones that was treated with antibiotics and neutering that included removal of the pom. Following that, he struggled two years with diffused infection (no pocket to culture) in his upper jaw/sinuses/head bones. He has always had very dry, flaky ears since he was about a year old, that I treat with Sweet Almond Oil (pure, GNC) on the edges-every test known to veterinary medicine was run to rule out mites, funguses, parasites, skin disorders for over 2 years. All negative.

Riker is 5 1/2 years old (my first glider), Mill bred out of Flying Fur Ranch in Texas, distributed by West Wind Critters at the Crossroads of the West Gunshow in Salt Lake City. I bought him (not knowing better then) Feb. 14, 2002, with an appx OOP date of Dec. 16, 2001 IF he was the 8 weeks represented by the broker, which I doubt, but it's close enough. That's his history in a brief nutshell.

He has no facial swelling-his symptoms were a little more difficult than usual to get to eat (and I had suspected the weight loss prior to his new weigh in-I could see the narrowing in his face), and the overgrooming, and being a bit less active than normal. Add to that the overgrooming and weight loss, and it was time to go to the vet again.

He went under anesthesia, all his teeth are present and in great shape, nothing going on in his gums. We didn't take an Xray this time (he's got a dozen or more already), but he is on antibiotics in case there is infection somewhere. Urine and fecals are fine.

One thing he's never had done is bloodwork. Next step.
NOTE ON HLP IN A GROWING GLIDER: Riker nearly died from it-his first 8 weeks with me, was round the clock nursing, force feeding for about 6 of those because he was too weak to eat on his own, all his food/liquids was via syringe several times a day, plus oral Calcium Glubionate, and extra calcium in BML and Ensure via syringe. We already knew it twisted his back legs as he went through his fastest growth period calcium deficient-his back feet turn almost backwards and he has a very odd gait when he moves. He does not run or glide, and will not jump. Now-back to bloodwork.

The vet really tried to find the vena cava in the chest. His ribcage also deformed from the HLP-which she said was common (I learned something new). She spent 10 minutes trying to locate it, made a couple attempts to draw blood there-and gave up so as not to harm him.

Instead, we did manage to find the femoral artery in his back leg and obtained a blood sample from there. Because he is a known self mutilator, he had pain meds by shot before coming out of anesthesia.

He came awake okay and we left the vet to run an errand down in the city (I only go down to Salt Lake when we have a vet visit), and I knew it was warm-in the 90's. So we stopped about every 10 min. or so to wander around in airconditioned businesses, and give the glider's fruit and drinks. Made a 50 minute errand take about 5 hours, but the gliders were kept cool and hydrated (or so we thought, my sons were with me helping out). Last stop before heading up the hill was some gasoline (in the shade), one more stop for air conditioning, before making the 45 min trip home up the mountain where there was nowhere cool to stop. Up until then, all the gliders were doing fine. When finished, I again checked on all the gliders, offering liquids (gliderade), that they all drank, then got to Riker. They hadn't been in an uncooled area longer than about 15 minutes at a stretch.

His breathing was VERY hard. I took him out of his pouch, and he was wagging his head back and forth in an either pre- or mild seizure state with his legs splayed out (a neurologic episode), and his eyes did not look good. Thank GOD we were only a few miles from the vet! I told my son to hold onto him, and hang on, and am surprised I didn't get a ticket, doing 60-80 mph through SLC in busy traffic to get to the vet in under 10 minutes. All the other gliders were doing fine, including Lyah, who also had anesthesia that morning, and weighs 30 grams more than Riker does.

The vet took him back immediately (she saw me come in, and said I was white as a sheet-of course I was-he's my BABY!)-He had also suddenly dehydrated despite all he'd drank that day. He got sub-q fluids, and she took his temp-he was running a fever of 101 degrees! She worked on cooling him off. For about an hour, we werent' sure if he was going to come through this. Apparently, the anesthesia had caused him to lose his ability to regulate his own body temperature-it went out of control, and the heat that day did NOT help any. I took him home in his pouch on an ice pack, where he was packed on and off in his nestbox, with sheeting to help pull body heat (I'll post a pic of the arrangement). We pushed fluids and electrolytes all night, and slowly he has come out of it. By next morning, he had a slight shake in his head only when trying to eat, by next afternoon, he was okay-but I'm still having to push fluids and electrolytes, as he's not wanting to eat/drink on his own still-and I'm not sure if that's due to what I took him in for in the first place still, or what happened later. I can tell when he needs fluids because his fur feels slightly drier than it should when he needs fluids-backed up by the tent test.

Back to the exam-because of his weight when he doesn't eat much (less than any of my others, yet holds his 'potato' shape), the hair loss, and dry ears, the vet has ordered a Thyroid panel on him, and is going to search for normal values for a glider, or close, both here or overseas! Suz, I know you'll want to know what info she comes up with-I'll post when I know.

Riker is still not out of the woods-and now I'm not certain which issue is what after what happened.

What Riker had Mon was essentialy heat stroke-this can happen to a glider even they have NOT had anesthesia-but apparently that increases the risk greatly. He did not sweat or pant-until he began to crash there was no indication of a problem. USE CAUTION with your gliders in the heat, and if anesthesia is administered, consider taking an ice pack with you during hot weather (in a small cooler to keep frozen) just in case. You want to separate it from the glider with fabric to avoid cold damage-that can happen quickly because of a gliders small size.

Here's some pictures of the ice arrangement at home with Riker-we changed ice packs about every half hour (I have 3 of the soft fabric kind you can fold, and so two were in the freezer while one was in use). He was also having trouble staying awake to eat or drink for awhile, one pic has him asleep with his grape. The fleece blankie was to keep the cool air circulating around his body in there, since I had the lid open to watch him.

I haven't been so frightened for my little guy since I was begging him not to die as a joey. frown Hopefully this helps someone.

Attached Files
Last edited by Xfilefan; 07/05/07 10:26 PM.

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: Xfilefan] #331923
07/05/07 09:15 PM
07/05/07 09:15 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Oh, I also came up with a new trick for getting electrolytes down my picky guy, that may be useful to some. Riker will not willingly drink gatorade, pedialyte, or any of that-it has to go down via syringe. I got thinking. He'll drink gliderade any time, any where-but NOT if you try putting pedialyte, liquilyte, or anything that makes it smell or taste different.

Anyone heard of the Glaceau Smart Water? It's plain, clear water with electrolytes in it...tastes just like, well, plain water-I ran and got some and tried using that to mix his gliderade in. Guess what? He can't tell they're in there! At least that made a piece of the battle easier! smile

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: Xfilefan] #331930
07/05/07 09:25 PM
07/05/07 09:25 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
hug2 hug2 hug2 My goodness! I just can't begin to tell you how much I feel for you Jen.
The information is valueable and I hope alot of glider owners will read this and keep in mind the importance of taking caution with the heat.
I just wish that Ricker would hurry up and get better for you so that you can relax and he can have fun! As always, you and all your babies are always in my prayers and heart. heart heart heart

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: Xfilefan] #331931
07/05/07 09:28 PM
07/05/07 09:28 PM
NJ
JayAndDiana Offline
Glider Slave
JayAndDiana  Offline
Glider Slave

NJ
Wow Jen.. so sorry you are going through this with your baby.. Glad things are a little better and for bringing heatstroke to the attention of us GC members this time of year.. some other suggie will thank you

~Diana: mom to Travis (10/24/08)
4 suggies
1 Big ol' Maine coon Cat: Boots
75 gal salt water reeftank

gangel Gizzy
Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: JayAndDiana] #331938
07/05/07 09:34 PM
07/05/07 09:34 PM
Garland, TX
Mel2mdl Offline
Glider Addict
Mel2mdl  Offline
Glider Addict

Garland, TX
OMG - keep us updated and thank you for sharing this info.

Molly, son & husband:

Chairman Meow
Oscar & Thomas
Sam, Diego, Delilah, Delia :wfb:
Nevada, Noel
Marcel, Dakota, Latte
Dexter, Didi, Almond, Joy and Fitz
:grey:
Karl,Lenny,Jynxie,Chamille, Kee & Mr. Beans in my heart forever.
Teaching teenagers-part joy, part guerilla warfare! :rbridge:
Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: JayAndDiana] #331943
07/05/07 09:37 PM
Phoenix, Arizona!!
BlndGrl8 Offline
Glider Slave
BlndGrl8  Offline
Glider Slave

Phoenix, Arizona!!
Jen I am so sorry to hear about Riker! What a tragedy that would have been if you hadn't checked up on him! Im so glad you were able to get to the vet and get him cooled down through the night. Thank you for the info, I'm sure that is something most people don't think about. hug2 for Riker and you!

heart Kristin
:glider: Sparkles &
Flower

mlove Loving Husband Christopher
angel Proverbs 3:5,6

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: JayAndDiana] #331944

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow. that is scarey!! that was one of the things i had read about anestesia in small animals - they cant control their body temp while under and they could have a sever drop, but i NEVER thought of them over heating after coming out of it.. I guess it totally makes sense..

I am SOO glad you shared this with us, i am SURE it will save some suggies life.. I'm going to get two boys neutered very soon, and its hot here too, so i am happy to have this knowledge.

I hope everyhting works out good for you!

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: ] #331950
07/05/07 09:50 PM
07/05/07 09:50 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
It was very scary. I thought I was going to lose him. frown I'm still worried about him-not sure what long term effects might be yet.

I also forgot to metion that the humidity here is at record lows-7-10% for the last month-that may have had something to do with why he dehydrated so fast despite fluids as well.

Thanks for the hugs-I needed those! smile

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: Xfilefan] #331967
07/05/07 10:08 PM
07/05/07 10:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh Jen *hugs* I am thinking of you and Riker. That poor guy is SO lucky to have you in his life and I know he knows that. That is such a good idea to use smart water. Is he still taking it well? I love smart water and that is such a good idea to use it with gliders that need that lil boost. I am praying for him and know he will come through just fine!!

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: ] #331983
07/05/07 10:35 PM
07/05/07 10:35 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
He is! I'm so happy I finally found a way to get it down him without forcing it down his throat. Now I've tried putting it in the other cages as well a couple times-both as gliderade and just a plain dish-and they're ALL happy with it grin . I think I'm going to offer that instead of plain water a couple times a week while it's so hot and dry here, as well as mixing their gliderade with it. smile

Now, alone this isn't a substitute for pedialyte or gliderade for dehydration -it contains no salts or sugar like gatorade and pedialyte do. Gliderade provides sugar and sodium when mixed that way, to give all the components in the pedialyte and such. For those not dehydrated, as a preventative in warm weather, I think it has possibilities.

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: Xfilefan] #331986
07/05/07 10:40 PM
07/05/07 10:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hug2 Thanks for the reminder about how quickly these guys dehydrate - hope Riker is back to normal soon

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: ] #331996
07/05/07 10:56 PM
07/05/07 10:56 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Oh Jen! You have been through so much already! We are praying for Riker and all your babies and you too! hug2

Thank you for the warning. We will be getting neuters done soon and my car blew the main seal so we are taking my daughter's truck and her A/C is OUT! cry

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: ] #332000
07/05/07 11:06 PM
07/05/07 11:06 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Jen, my word....THIS POST WAS SCARY!

How long do you have to keep the ice pack on him? And is there a chance for him to get too cold once his body is able to regulate its own temp? (asking so we all know if we ever need it)

As for the thyroid workup, if your vet is able to find anything could you please let me know and if possible have them fax any of the findings over to Dr.Tristan? He said there are no numbers out there on gliders to go by as of yet, at least not on record. Therefore encourages anyone who is having their gliders put under anyway (neutering or any other reason) to have blood work performed for a basic run up on it to gather some numbers.

I am so glad everything is working out for Riker. He may be yours, but I dont have to tell you how many lives he has touched. He is surely a very special glider.

Keep us posted on him please.

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: Srlb] #332007
07/05/07 11:22 PM
07/05/07 11:22 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Peggy, we kept the icepack going for 24 hours, after that he's stayed cool on his own. The first 6 hours was changing them one after the other every 30 minutes, after that was 15-20 minutes of every hour. I kept checking to make sure he wasn't chilled, at first his body temp was so high, you could feel both the cool air (from the icepack) and his body heat in the box. Once I could put my hand in for several hours and he was no longer radiating heat, and his fur was cool to the touch, and his head tremor stopped completely, we discontinued the ice, but kept watch for another solid 24 hours to be sure his temp didn't go back up, along with keeping the house cool. I'm still checking him periodically around the clock. One thing I could NOT do was have him on me-that would only have fed his fever by adding my body heat to his and keeping him from cooling down. 101 degrees is a VERY high temp for a glider.

I told my vet we had no numbers, and knew of none, on gliders for thyroid, but she's determined to try. I think she also intends to check in AU. If she comes up with an average a different way (such as a range of similar species), I'll make sure and post exactly what was used, with the understanding it may not be accurate, but possibly close. Would Dr. Tristan like Riker's numbers when they come back?

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: Xfilefan] #332012
07/05/07 11:31 PM
07/05/07 11:31 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Jen, I am sure he would love to have his numbers. Along with his history if that is possible.

Yes 101 is indeed very high for a glider. Just glad you were able to bring it down.

This really shows the importance of why we should not let our gliders get too hot.
Give Riker a kiss for me.

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: Xfilefan] #332014
07/05/07 11:33 PM
07/05/07 11:33 PM
Tampa, FL
Xglider Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Xglider  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Tampa, FL
OMG Jen ... hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2

* ~ * John * ~ * Sorry store is closed at this time.. <br>
Link -> [b]~~ XtremeGlider ~~ Home of the original Re~set Toys! ~~[/b] <br>
Oct 2012 update.. miss my gliders and my
glider family and think of my friends often!!!
Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: Xglider] #332037
07/06/07 12:27 AM
07/06/07 12:27 AM
Sycamore Illinois
Karin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Karin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Sycamore Illinois
Geez, Jen....you scared me!!! SO happy Riker boy is doing better now, I bet that was awful for you all worried . Please keep us posted on the big guy.

Karin

Miss Lily and Bud
Prada and Armani
Tessa, Deuce and Cami

Tira and Misu angel Deja and Vu

Glider Daydreams

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...It is about learning to
dance in the rain!"
Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: Karin] #332047
07/06/07 12:40 AM
07/06/07 12:40 AM
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Greeley, CO
Oh that poor sweet boy! I'm so glad he's feeling better and I hope he will continue to improve. hug2 I'm so sorry for what you've been through! hug2 But thank you so much for sharing and helping to educate us all!

Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove
Gliders: Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa
Dogs: Nacho & Dory
RIP my glider angels: Nynaeve, Poppy, Lan, Toffee, Zoey, Tika & Tas

mlove

www.sugargroup.org

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: Karin] #332053
07/06/07 12:47 AM
07/06/07 12:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh Jen, I'm so glad Riker is doing better. I know that had to scare the bejeebers out of you!

So what is the normal temp for a glider?

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: Usha77] #332058
07/06/07 12:59 AM
07/06/07 12:59 AM
Central Connecticut
BCChins Offline
Glider Addict
BCChins  Offline
Glider Addict

Central Connecticut
Jen I am so sorry Riker and you had to go though this. We are sending you both HUGS and Get Well soon wishes. Please give Riker a little body message for me. If you need anything please let me know. You are always here for us now it is our turn to be there for you.

Hugs

Have a Good Day
Brenda &
Mr. Magoo

Friendly Reminder please have an e-collar ready before you need it......
Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: BCChins] #332114
07/06/07 03:28 AM
07/06/07 03:28 AM
Quincy, IL
glidrz5 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidrz5  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Quincy, IL
Jen, I'm so glad that Riker is doing better. I was so scared for him when you called me to tell me what was going on. Give him hugs & kisses from me & my gang & tell him that there is a goodie in the mail just for him.

Chris
Illusion, Malcom, Isabell, Annabelle, Zach, Isis, Aly & Indy
AND Miss Emmy & Miss Chloe kitties

:rbridge: My Angels: You are always in my heart.

You've flown to the rainbow
and wait there for me
Someday I will join you
together to be

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: BCChins] #332115
07/06/07 03:29 AM
07/06/07 03:29 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
So what is the normal temp for a glider?

My vet said about 95/96 degrees, but I've also heard as low as 88. Gliders aren't supposed to be subject to rabies because their body temp is too low to incubate the virus (for it to survive in their system), but I can't seem to find out at what temp range that virus is capable of survival/reproduction, either. So I'd imagine somewhere in there-but still lower than a human body temp, and most other mammals (ie cats/dogs/horses etc. that tend to run around 101 or a bit above that normally)

Chris-we were posting at the same time, lol. You know I will (any excuse to love on my little man!) and I hope you know how much it means you're always there when I need someone to talk to-especially when something like that happens. hug2

Last edited by Xfilefan; 07/06/07 03:31 AM.

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: Xfilefan] #332171
07/06/07 08:26 AM
07/06/07 08:26 AM
Upstate NY
glidergrl1513 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidergrl1513  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Upstate NY
That was such a scary post!! hug2 Even though he's not completely out of the woods yet, I'm soo happy he's doing better. He could have no better mommy than you, you are so attentive.

Slightly off topic but, the problem Riker had with anesthesia scared me especially because others in my dog's "family" have had problems with anesthesia (i.e. death) so I'm very nervous about it. I'm too scared to even get her spayed and chance it.

Please continue to keep us updated, as I'm sure you will hug2

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: glidergrl1513] #332201
07/06/07 09:16 AM
07/06/07 09:16 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hug2 Sorry to hear about your little man.
Hope he is feeling better soon.

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: ] #332260
07/06/07 10:58 AM
07/06/07 10:58 AM
South Carolina
snowmanda Offline
Glider Guardian
snowmanda  Offline
Glider Guardian

South Carolina
Jen, I love reading your posts. They are always so informative.

hug2 for you and Riker. I hope he is much better today.

Amanda mlove
Jesus Lover <><
Wife to the most awesomest husband, JoJo
Our Zoo
Suggies

Maven & Soven+Hurley & Roxy
Mandy+Luke & Zechariah
Weimies
Zach & Lila
Beardie
Moto

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: snowmanda] #332271
07/06/07 11:11 AM
07/06/07 11:11 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jen-I'm sorry that you and Riker have had to go through this, but THANK YOU so much for sharing this with us. I have learned so much here on GC because everyone cares about each other and cares so much for gliders that they are willing to share all of these experiences! And the support everyone gives each other makes it feel like a family.

Jennie

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: ] #332298
07/06/07 11:43 AM
07/06/07 11:43 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Jen,
Thanks for sharing this crucial information with us. I am definitely interested in what your vet finds in regards to normal thryoid levels in gliders. My vet was unable to find any baseline numbers in the books available here in the States. I hope your vet is able to get some from the Aussie vets.
I am so relieved that Riker made it through this. You are such a great glider mom to have immediately noticed his distress and gotten him back to the vet's for treatment. I am sure that many of us have learned from this experience and will continue to learn from it.
Know that I am here for you if there's anything I can do to help...
hug2 hug2 hug2

Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: sugarglidersuz] #332342
07/06/07 01:15 PM
07/06/07 01:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

jen thanks so much for the great information i worry about the heat alot here too. buti guess it never really sank in how extreme it could be. I hope Riker gets to feeling better soon I'm sure he's gonna be fine sounds like a real fighter.... and by the way where did you find that water at sounds like it would be good to keep on hand and use regularl...

Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: BCChins] #332351
07/06/07 01:30 PM
07/06/07 01:30 PM
IL (St. Louis area)
StitchsMom Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
StitchsMom  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

IL (St. Louis area)
I'm so glad to hear he's okay! What a scare...please keep us posted and thanks for the information. hug2

~*~Jenny and the fur kids~*~
>>> Sugar Glider Slave <<<
Re: Cmdr Riker almost died Monday [Re: StitchsMom] #332532
07/06/07 06:33 PM
07/06/07 06:33 PM
Cornersville TN I'M HOME :)
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Cornersville TN I'M HOME :)
I thought Sheila had a glider on some kind of thyroid med or treatment has anyone talked to her?

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

My runaways 4/04 Lilo, 5/04 Dash & Angel

angel Sprite Says GO STEALTH!! at
AtticWorx
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024