Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: mattysmom] #350116
07/30/07 12:01 PM
07/30/07 12:01 PM

G
Ginharrison
Unregistered
Ginharrison
Unregistered
G

Originally Posted By: mattysmom
This topic keeps popping up every few weeks or months. Why? For the sake of argument and a chance to be rude? I know we all have gliders' happiness at heart and mean well and you have good points that apply to gliders, dogs, cats and have we forgotten children? But this is a free country. If people who own pets would be responsible, we wouldn't have as many problems. If people who have children would be responsible, we wouldn't have as many problems in this world either. Can we keep this forum "nice?"

Very Well put! It's like beating your head against a brick wall!! These kind of post will never be resolved to the satisfaction of anyone. Perhaps it's the full moon! Hey that's a good one to check into. See how many times this topic was brought up when it was a full moon? It's almost as bad as discussing religon! need_hug

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #350119
07/30/07 12:07 PM
07/30/07 12:07 PM
Ohio
S
SpikenPea Offline
Glider Explorer
SpikenPea  Offline
Glider Explorer
S

Ohio
Well with us it was purely by accident. We didn't get Spike neutered in time and Scooter and Snoopy came along. Then the question of should we wait til they where weaned which is what we did and once again it was to late and we now have 2 more 5 days OOP. Yes as soon as Scooter and Snoopy were weaned Spike got neutered. So in our case purely accidental. Scooter and Snoopy are also in seperate from Spike and Sweet Pea, but there cages are next to each other. Once they are neutered then they will all go into the same big home.
All will stay with us.

Last edited by SpikenPea; 07/30/07 12:10 PM.

Zookeeper of
our special kids Scooter, Snoopy, Digger, and Rascal
3 Dogs - Trixie and Lilly
3 Cats - Munchkin, Gizmo and Squeaker
1 Naked Mole Rat aka Chihuahua - KiKi
2 Brats (Kids)
and 1 Boss or so She Thinks.LOL (The wife)
Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #350128
07/30/07 12:16 PM
07/30/07 12:16 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Some are constantly bringing up the gliders that need rescue, but where are they?

I have been around for years and here for about 1 1/2 years and have YET to see any except the 2 I took in from a lady I met.

Applications filled out, phone calls, promises, WHERE are all of these "rescues"?!

How can you expect someone to give a rescue a home if you can't find any? It's not just me. Plenty of people are wondering the same thing. No return emails or phone calls, not even a courtesy and yet it's a constant thing on here that people should "apply" to get a rescue.

The subject at hand.

I never intended to breed. My gliders mated however and due to problems with it, he is neutered. I have the joeys and always will.

I do have WFB's I decided I MIGHT breed but no more than 2 or 3 pregnancies then it's snip snip. This however, is after years of research and being a glider slave and being through the ringer and back with one pair I didn't have the background on the mom. Never again, lesson learned. I was too scared of surgery and couldn't seperate them until I almost lost her. He got the surgery. They are a very happy couple now!

I will not allow my gray gliders to breed. There are too many out there as it is that the price has come down to the point too many are being sold to people who are impulse buying.

I personally cannot see how anyone can "impulse" buy an animal though at a flea market or anywhere with a price of app. $200.00! I can see to a point where someone would impulse buy a little turtle or hermit crab, even a hamster but a Sugar Glider????!!

The first gliders I ever saw was at a flea market. At $250.00, I had enough sense to KNOW the woman was lying about their care, etc. I mean, come on! If an animal costs that much, it MUST need something more than cereal, baby food, cat food and a leash!

Sure enough, after reading up about them for many months, I was right.

There are some people out there that make A LOT of money selling gliders. She is one of them. There are a few I know like was said in a previous post that make an entire living selling gliders and a darn good one for themselves too! All at the cost of the gliders health and well being!

Common sense is what more people need when it comes to breeding or having animals AND rearing children. I agree with whomever said there should be a test to qualify for either one!

You won't find the "mill breeders" on here, they are out selling "stock" at the flea markets and such. I've only known responsible breeders here on GC thus far. The mill breeders don't care what they feed the gliders or where they go to as long as they have cash in hand when the glider is gone. It's sad.

I had to mention also about the post about which glider to choose from, the one that is tame or the one that was basically needy. I would have always chosen the one that seemed needy, scrawny, mean, etc. Just because I know what it's like to be hurt and can't stand for any animal (or human) to feel that way.

Last edited by SugarBlossoms; 07/30/07 12:39 PM.

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #350134
07/30/07 12:22 PM
07/30/07 12:22 PM

L
LindsayAnnG
Unregistered
LindsayAnnG
Unregistered
L

Originally Posted By: LizIvey

and for the discussion...
I do have a single breeding pair, but am I considered a breeder? They have only 1 joey at a time, no more than 3 times per year. I also am trying to provide these great creatures to an area of the country where they are far and few between. I spend countless hours of my days feeding, socializing and just ENJOYING them!

By usda standards, no you're not a breeder, but if you are selling your joeys and not keeping them to form a family colony, then yes, i would think that you are a small "hobby" breeder. And i am not saying that you are not good at what you do and i am not saying that you treat your animals unethically. But i am saying that owning suggies for 6 months doesnt give a person experience enough to breed. You might know all about diets and certain illnesses and stuff, but experience is what makes someone a GOOD breeder. People have to start somewhere, and its good to have some glider ownership experience before you jump into breeding.
also, in any case if the joey were to not sell,I would keep it forever. no exceptions.
Is this bad reasoning?

This is not bad. Like i said, you might be one of the most ethically minded people out there, but i think that in general experience is the only route to go to become a breeder.

Am I wrong to allow a pair to breed ( and yes I do know everything necessary) to allow others to enjoy this amazing species that everyone here loves so dearly?
Am I wrong for charging $150? I do spend around $100 per month on food etc. per cage, and my gliders have REGULAR vet checks. The joeys are socialized extensively, I guarantee that there are very few joeys who receive more attention. Do I make a profit? hardly. The money will just go to buying the gliders new things.
Yes I do enjoy the experience of having joeys. Is that wrong? Am I to be considered a "bad" breeder based on the fact that I enjoy watching the joeys develop? It honestly will be a sad decision if the male does eventually need to be neutered for any reason, but I will not hesitate to do so.

Honestly, when i spoke about newbie who are feeding their gliders a diet of raisins and yogurt who want to breed, i was speaking of a certain category of people. You obviously arent in that category. Do i personally still feed that someone should have more ownership experience before breeding, yes. Would i call you an unethical or bad breeder, no. I dont know where you are from, but there seems to be no shortage of sugar gliders for pets in any state, so to breed because you want to let people have a chance to own sugar gliders isnt a real issue unless you really are in a state where sugar gliders as pets are scarce (sorry i havent looked at your profile to see where you are)

Please dont think i am picking on you. I dont think you are bad person we just disagree. You are the one i am responding to because you pose a good and educated response.

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #350146
07/30/07 12:30 PM
07/30/07 12:30 PM

M
Melissa2721
Unregistered
Melissa2721
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By: Ginharrison
Originally Posted By: mattysmom
This topic keeps popping up every few weeks or months. Why? For the sake of argument and a chance to be rude? I know we all have gliders' happiness at heart and mean well and you have good points that apply to gliders, dogs, cats and have we forgotten children? But this is a free country. If people who own pets would be responsible, we wouldn't have as many problems. If people who have children would be responsible, we wouldn't have as many problems in this world either. Can we keep this forum "nice?"

Very Well put! It's like beating your head against a brick wall!! These kind of post will never be resolved to the satisfaction of anyone. Perhaps it's the full moon! Hey that's a good one to check into. See how many times this topic was brought up when it was a full moon? It's almost as bad as discussing religon! need_hug

I am not on this Forum 24/7 and have not seen a post like this untill it was brought to my attention earlier in this one. If this has been brought up that many times I do aplogize but if you are only posting to criticize myself or others who are participationg in the orignal question I really don't see a point. I wish people would only post if they actually have something to say and not just to be rude or criticize others. I do think everyone 'should just be nice' but lets be honest, this forum is full of women who from what I can see feel very strongly about their beliefs so the chance of everyone 'just being nice' is pretty slim. I have given up 'fighting' with everyone here, I realize I CAN'T change anyones minds just like no one can change mine. My point is if you have something relevant to say without being rude please post but if not please don't, I don't want to have another 'please take your glider to the vet' fiasco ! Have a great day everyone smile

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #350723
07/30/07 11:11 PM
07/30/07 11:11 PM

E
ErinA
Unregistered
ErinA
Unregistered
E

Someone had asked where are the rescues ans spoke of having looked in vain for one to adopt from.

I adopted 2 gliders of my own and they are absolutely phenomenal.

Last edited by FURBYnGIZMO; 07/30/07 11:43 PM. Reason: 11
Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #350746
07/30/07 11:28 PM
07/30/07 11:28 PM
Walker (56484), Minnesota, USA...
Shuttershade Offline
Glider Lover
Shuttershade  Offline
Glider Lover

Shoot me.

Last edited by Shuttershade; 07/30/07 11:42 PM.

Fly (rescued gerbil)
Luna, Cibil, Newbie (gerbils)
Koda (rescued dog)
Minket & Angel (rescued cats)
Poseidon (walmart betta)
Heron (semi-rescued treefrog)
Suggies coming soon! =D
Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: Shuttershade] #350759
07/30/07 11:37 PM
07/30/07 11:37 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Shuttershade-
That was completely uncalled for!

Do NOT make personal comments or attacks. If you can't stay on topic - don't post.

The topic isn't Where and Why did you get your First Sugar Glider. The topic is Why do People Breed? Especially newbies?

No one needs to be rude - just state your own opinions of the topic, and don't think that by stating your opinions you are going to convince anyone. It is just to state your thoughts.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ValkyrieMome] #350767
07/30/07 11:43 PM
07/30/07 11:43 PM
Shuttershade Offline
Glider Lover
Shuttershade  Offline
Glider Lover

Since I have nothing nice to say and want to cause problems, I am on a suspension from GC wave

Last edited by gliderdad79; 07/30/07 11:47 PM.

Fly (rescued gerbil)
Luna, Cibil, Newbie (gerbils)
Koda (rescued dog)
Minket & Angel (rescued cats)
Poseidon (walmart betta)
Heron (semi-rescued treefrog)
Suggies coming soon! =D
Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: Shuttershade] #350776
07/30/07 11:55 PM
07/30/07 11:55 PM
SE Minnesota..
GliderLove Offline
Glider Addict
GliderLove  Offline
Glider Addict

SE Minnesota..
I agree if it does not retain to the original post question why post, negative comments are never nice.

I believe you should be experienced in glider ownership to breed, and yes accidents do happen. But I just can not see how some one would feel comfortable in allowing these creatures to breed with out even spending eccessive amounts of time researching about breeding and joeys, not just glider ownership but the whole other can of worms of breeding, joeys, and joey rejection. That's my opinion.

I just think the negativity is getting way out of control.

Cindy
Mom to
Jae, Ashton, Briannah, Nevaeh & Addy

& all my fuzzies!
Breeder of Leu's, Mosaics, wfb, and standard grey's.
Owner of www.MySugarAddiction.com

:rtmo: :leu:

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: Shuttershade] #350780
07/30/07 11:57 PM
07/30/07 11:57 PM
SE Minnesota..
GliderLove Offline
Glider Addict
GliderLove  Offline
Glider Addict

SE Minnesota..
Originally Posted By: Shuttershade
Since I have nothing nice to say and want to cause problems, I am on a suspension from GC wave

WOW! shock

Cindy
Mom to
Jae, Ashton, Briannah, Nevaeh & Addy

& all my fuzzies!
Breeder of Leu's, Mosaics, wfb, and standard grey's.
Owner of www.MySugarAddiction.com

:rtmo: :leu:

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: GliderLove] #350790
07/31/07 12:09 AM
07/31/07 12:09 AM

S
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
S

Wow! How did all of this happen?? I haven't been reading this post, but man, did it get ugly evidently! shock

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #350832
07/31/07 01:06 AM
07/31/07 01:06 AM

L
LizIvey
Unregistered
LizIvey
Unregistered
L

Lindsey- Thanks for your honest opinion. I really do value hearing what others think of me. You make valid points about my experience level, I will not attempt to argue that I have not had the gliders long enough. I personally have had a lot of good and bad experiences and feel prepared. It doesnt offend me that you disagree!I do respect you for choosing not to breed. I hope that you can respect me as well, despite our small differences. I do not want to be considered a selfish breeder, to be considered such would break my heart. I think we can both learn from each other, or I can at least learn from you.
Thank you for replying and not attacking me! I usually stay out of these types of discussion but I wanted to sacrifice myself as an example lol.

I hope none of you feel that I am a Not Nice Poster. I can learn from each of you, good and bad. I really do love my furrbabes and I know all of you do too or you wouldn't be here. I hope this will continue to stir positive information and that the negative feedback will decrease. Again, I am sorry if I contributed to the problem... hug2 to all!!!

gliderdad, I hope I am not making your life miserable.I am sure that it DOES get old sometimes, listening to all of us bicker. sorry if I contributed.

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #350837
07/31/07 01:17 AM
07/31/07 01:17 AM

E
ErinA
Unregistered
ErinA
Unregistered
E

It's crazy how heated these things tend to get. We are all so passionate about the things we love, and we all really love our gliders. We are all here "for the good of the glider". Whether you are breeding or not, if you are making educated decisions based on what is in the best interest of the animal, there shouldn't be any trouble. I only wish that were always the case. worried

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #350844
07/31/07 01:26 AM
07/31/07 01:26 AM
Virginia Beach, VA.
Ellen Offline
Owner:Emeritus-Mother Hen
Ellen  Offline
Owner:Emeritus-Mother Hen

Virginia Beach, VA.
iT IS PASSION FOR THE GLIDERS, we must keep this on the good of the glider. IF not it will be closed.

I don't want this to happen. But when folks are rude and get off topic we have to lock the thread. SO PLEASE stay on topic.

Last warring before this is closed. We just dont allow this type of answering without a thout about about the gliders on this board.

Last edited by Ellen; 07/31/07 01:38 AM.

Love and kindness is a gift. Use it freely....
My Gallery
Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: Ellen] #350850
07/31/07 01:34 AM
07/31/07 01:34 AM

L
LindsayAnnG
Unregistered
LindsayAnnG
Unregistered
L

LizIvey, i am very happy to hear that you werent offended by what i have to say> i am completely content to agree to disagree. Its one of those things that everyone gets passionate about, and NO ONE will change their minds about, but its always good to get both sides of the arguement out there in an ADULT manner.. THat is what debating is all about.

I have been told that MY CAPS can be misconstrued as being mean, but really, if there was an italics key on my keyboard, i would use that alot - i am just trying to stress the word, NOT yell it..

I dont think you're "not a nice poster" i hope people dont feel that way about me.. but i do feel strongly about certain things.. and no one can change my mind about that..

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: Ellen] #350855
07/31/07 01:49 AM
07/31/07 01:49 AM

T
tdickey
Unregistered
tdickey
Unregistered
T

I am a newbie. I have had my 2 pairs for almost 2 months. They are rescues. I was told that both females might have babies ip. They come to the recues with babies ip from time to time. Both my males were fixed before I brought them home. One of my females has a 4 wk.oop baby. The other female I'm still not quite sure about yet. Even though I am new at this I have done a lot of research and asked questions about new babies. I knew there was a possibility and I took it on. All the gliders will stay with their parents. There is no way I will depart from them. This is there forever home now and here is where they will stay. The baby is a female and if the other female has a male I will have him fixed as soon as he can be fixed. I really enjoy my new baby but I love my other 4 just as much. I am still working on bonding with them. My males and 1 female are coming along great. The female that has the joey is coming around. I have been working more with her since she has had her joey. I didn't want to stress her out anymore than I had to. As far as breeding gliders I couldn't do it, because I wouldn't be able to give them up! I would have a house full of rescues if I was given the chance, because It breaks my heart to read and hear some of the stories about these babies. And as far as anyone making a profit I can't see how. With all the time, food, toys, vets., ect. It can't be much.

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #350860
07/31/07 01:58 AM
07/31/07 01:58 AM

M
Melissa2721
Unregistered
Melissa2721
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By: tdickey
I am a newbie. I have had my 2 pairs for almost 2 months. They are rescues. I was told that both females might have babies ip. They come to the recues with babies ip from time to time. Both my males were fixed before I brought them home. One of my females has a 4 wk.oop baby. The other female I'm still not quite sure about yet. Even though I am new at this I have done a lot of research and asked questions about new babies. I knew there was a possibility and I took it on. All the gliders will stay with their parents. There is no way I will depart from them. This is there forever home now and here is where they will stay. The baby is a female and if the other female has a male I will have him fixed as soon as he can be fixed. I really enjoy my new baby but I love my other 4 just as much. I am still working on bonding with them. My males and 1 female are coming along great. The female that has the joey is coming around. I have been working more with her since she has had her joey. I didn't want to stress her out anymore than I had to. As far as breeding gliders I couldn't do it, because I wouldn't be able to give them up! I would have a house full of rescues if I was given the chance, because It breaks my heart to read and hear some of the stories about these babies. And as far as anyone making a profit I can't see how. With all the time, food, toys, vets., ect. It can't be much.

What a great post...good luck with your babies, i'm sure they will do fine !

Oh and I totally agree with not being able to part with them, I wouldn't be able to either ! mlove

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #350864
07/31/07 02:03 AM
07/31/07 02:03 AM

L
LizIvey
Unregistered
LizIvey
Unregistered
L

that is great, that you can keep them. I have three joeys that I am keeping as well, I just couldn't stand to part with them. I love to read posts like yours, people going out of their way to help the gliders.
Thank you for lightening the mood of this topic! and definitely good luck with your gliders =) they sound great.

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #350911
07/31/07 07:54 AM
07/31/07 07:54 AM
Mobile,Alabama
jannee66 Offline
Glider Addict
jannee66  Offline
Glider Addict

Mobile,Alabama
Originally Posted By: LunaHoshino

Not all older gliders are abused or "difficult," though... plenty of them are sweet, loving pets who simply need to be rehomed due to their owner's circumstances changing.
So older gliders can be just as easy-going as joeys. smile

I agree, my BREAKFAST CLUB are older gliders and they are WONDERFUL!!!I love my gliders I hadda handfeed and we have a special bond, but it sure was great getting new older babies, that I didn't have to handfeed and all the stuff. Just popped up a tent and let the bonding begin!!! "THE LIFE!" agree

wave Jannie

I heart my Sweet Spellbinding Sugar :glider:s

Glider Kisses
Pouches and Cage Sets

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: jannee66] #350916
07/31/07 08:02 AM
07/31/07 08:02 AM
Mobile,Alabama
jannee66 Offline
Glider Addict
jannee66  Offline
Glider Addict

Mobile,Alabama
I could never breed or run a rescue home. I SWEAR I would keep them ALL!!!! I would keep every single baby! agree But then of course if nobody was breeding I wouldn't have my babies. And of course if it wasn't for all4gliders and Nancy (jackandsally) I wouldn't have my BREAKFAST CLUB.

wave Jannie

I heart my Sweet Spellbinding Sugar :glider:s

Glider Kisses
Pouches and Cage Sets

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: jannee66] #350951
07/31/07 10:21 AM
07/31/07 10:21 AM

L
LindsayAnnG
Unregistered
LindsayAnnG
Unregistered
L

I just cant wait until i get my own place.. i plan on either turning half of a finished basement into a rescue, or building a climate controlled room off of the the house for a rescue.. I just hate to sit here idly by while there are suggies in this area who are being sold from a petstore by employees who know nothing..

There is not one glider rescue here, and although BCCHINS does great work with fostering unwanted gliders, she only can do so much.. Hopefully i can make some money from my website to help fund it though, otherwise i would have to rely on donations..But anyways, back on topic....

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #351037
07/31/07 12:28 PM
07/31/07 12:28 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
tdickey- I think your situation is completely different, and does not fall into the "newbies jumping into breeding" category.

You lovingly opened your home to rescues. The thing with rescues is that they often come with curve balls! Such as babies IP. You didn't breed them - they were rescued that way! Fortunately, the rescue was responsible and neutered the male - but that's not going to change the fact that the females already had joeys IP.

Although you are new - those gliders needed a home! Joeys and all. I commend you for opening up your life to these wonderful babies, and their wonderful babies. Talk about jumping in the deep end!

When I first got my gliders, I was exactly like many of the other newbies on here. It was my plan to breed them as soon as possible. I couldn't wait to have joeys!

Fortunately, I found this site. I learned more about gliders, more about breeding, more about rescues, more about *everything!* I can now make a much more informed choice!

Does this mean I will never breed? Don't know yet! I might still. But at least I'm making an INFORMED choice.

I think the newbies that jump onto the forum saying "I'm going to breed!" need to be given the same loving guidance that I was. No one jumped on me and said "NO, you idiot!" Instead, I was gently "shown the light" so I could make my own decision based on facts and not impulse.

This is the greatest gift we can give gliders -- educate the glider slaves!

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #351303
07/31/07 05:00 PM
07/31/07 05:00 PM

G
Ginharrison
Unregistered
Ginharrison
Unregistered
G

Melissa2721
I am sorry frown if it sounded to you that I was critizing you, because by no means was that my intention. I just got frustrated upset by some of the post in here and I really didn't mean yours at all. But to me it's not even that it has been brought up before as much as what I preceive as arguing over something that can never be resolved, this is everyone's own opion and who is to say which is right and which is wrong. The best that can come out of this issue is to agree agree to disagree shakehead . Again this is just my opion and I realize that not every one see's it this way.
Please except my appoligy
Sorry wave

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #351324
07/31/07 05:12 PM
07/31/07 05:12 PM

M
Melissa2721
Unregistered
Melissa2721
Unregistered
M

Melissa2721
I am sorry frown if it sounded to you that I was critizing you, because by no means was that my intention. I just got frustrated upset by some of the post in here and I really didn't mean yours at all. But to me it's not even that it has been brought up before as much as what I preceive as arguing over something that can never be resolved, this is everyone's own opion and who is to say which is right and which is wrong. The best that can come out of this issue is to agree agree to disagree shakehead . Again this is just my opion and I realize that not every one see's it this way.
Please except my appoligy
Sorry wave

That was So nice of you ! hug2

There really is no need to apologize at all, if anything I am sorry for making you feel bad. I have just been getting frustrated because it seems like every post I start turns in to drama and I don't want to be perceived as a big trouble maker ! I really am not trying to start problems but I'm afraid I have gotten on the bad side of a couple members and now whenever I post they are right there to start trouble with me. Thank you so much for taking the time to make sure there are no bad feelings between us ! I REALLY appreciate it ! mlove

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #351326
07/31/07 05:13 PM
07/31/07 05:13 PM

L
LindsayAnnG
Unregistered
LindsayAnnG
Unregistered
L

i think agreeing to disagree is a really go thing.. and to get your opinions out in the open is also a really good thing.. The purpose of this wasnt really to change anyones mind, but to just discuss. If there are people lurking here who might have been thinking about breeding, then they can absorb everything in and see BOTH sides of the arguement.. I think its good that these posts pop up every now and again.. people cycle through here, so if this post were to pop up every few months, then the new people can again, see what we are all trying to say..

i mean, we all know how long it took us to figure out the search function

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #351356
07/31/07 05:43 PM
07/31/07 05:43 PM

G
Ginharrison
Unregistered
Ginharrison
Unregistered
G

Thank you Melissa for your reply. I really appreciate it because some people probably would not of replied. It makes me feel better need_hug .
I hope that you have better experiences in the future with this forum. I know that there are alot of very nice people on here and sometime people can just get caught up in something and do not realize how there responces might come across to other's, but all in all this is a wonderful commuity! heart

hug2
Ginger

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #351445
07/31/07 08:03 PM
07/31/07 08:03 PM

M
Melissa2721
Unregistered
Melissa2721
Unregistered
M

Thank you Melissa for your reply. I really appreciate it because some people probably would not of replied. It makes me feel better need_hug .
I hope that you have better experiences in the future with this forum. I know that there are alot of very nice people on here and sometime people can just get caught up in something and do not realize how there responces might come across to other's, but all in all this is a wonderful commuity! heart

hug2
Ginger

Despite the couple of people here that I have had problems with I have met numerous wonderful, friendly and helpful people to equal things out mlove
This is a great place to learn and share with everyone, I have never seen a group of people that don't know each other come together to help someone in need (Amy & Dave). I think the people here are incredible clap hug2 clap

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #351531
07/31/07 10:36 PM
07/31/07 10:36 PM

G
glide2kali
Unregistered
glide2kali
Unregistered
G

Yes!!! I agree with Melissa. Thanks, Ginharrison for saying that. Sometimes it's hard for us "newbies" to join in because we get our heads bit off for thinking outloud or expressing "our" opinions so it's nice to have people respond who are hear to help and encourage. thumb Your awesome. Thanks

Re: Why all the breeding ??? [Re: ] #351533
07/31/07 10:39 PM
07/31/07 10:39 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
See, there is such a thing as rational discussions. Thank you all who have helped keep it that way wave

Eddie

In the Tropics somewhere between the port of indecision and southeast of disorder!

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people."

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching!
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 379 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,551 TEXAS
679,068 OHIO
487,134 OKLAHOMA
432,138 UTAH
321,663 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024