Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! #444840
01/03/08 11:29 PM
01/03/08 11:29 PM
Elkhorn, WI
CSteele Offline OP
Glider Slave
CSteele  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Elkhorn, WI
Tonight was the big night and I took my two beautiful little girls and my handsome boys into the tent to beintroduced... all was going good they were sticking their heads out of their pouches and sniffing the air. Then Mosse came out and tried to crawl into the girls pouch and I couldn't tell at that point but one of my girls was not having any of them !!!!!!!! Loud crabbing! So Moose came out and went back into his pouch. Then Nissa (my little shy girl) walked right out and into the boys pouch. I held my breath for what seemed like an eternity! Then nothing but chirps and clicks so I looked in and BOTH boys were grooming her and she was letting them!

So then one of the boys came out (I think it was Squirrel) and tried to get into the pouch with Faye (my little extrovert) she crabbed so loud I thought we could have woke up the neighbors!

Needless to say he went right back into the pouch with Nissa and Moose.

Then Faye came out to play and was jumping on me and was sitting perfectly still allowing me to pet her and actually looking like she was enjoying it. So I took Squirrel out of the pouch with the other two and placed him out in the open tent with Faye.... SHE ATTACKED HIM AND THEY BALLED UP FOR A SECOND! Squirrel jumped on me and tried to hide!!!!

cry cry cry

I had my travel cage in there and quickly put the boys in there and had my son return them to their rept.

She wants nothing to do with the boys!!!!!! And then she seemed even friendlier to me after I my son put the boys back! Nissa as usual went to the top of the tent and would not allow me to hold her or touch her.

Then Faye looked as if she was searching the tent for the boys with this crazy look in her eyes like she wanted to kill them??????

cry cry What do I do now?????????????????
Please help me frown

Celeste
262-325-7137

Spoonful of Sugars-Gliders & Gear
www.glidersandgear.com

:grey: Nissa, Moose, Faye, Dexter, Frankie,
:wfb: Shakespeare, Elsbeth, Isabeau, Dartanion,
:wt: Adonis
:rtmo: Lily & Lil Aphrodite (my wht mo)

gangel Squirrel & Damien

Re: I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! [Re: CSteele] #444842
01/03/08 11:33 PM
01/03/08 11:33 PM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
hug2 Have you done any sort of pouch swapping? Had any of the gliders been in the tent before?

Re: I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! [Re: BeckiT] #444844
01/03/08 11:41 PM
Elkhorn, WI
CSteele Offline OP
Glider Slave
CSteele  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Elkhorn, WI
Yes I have been pouch swapping for about two weeks now and changing toys and water bottles, that sort of thing.

The tent is new but I made sure to put everything in there that I was using in the old tent which had both their smells in it. Even down to the blanket on the floor.

Why would one of the girls reject the boys???? She is the younger of the two could that have something to do with it. I was thinking that Nissa is sexually mature and ready to move on to mommyhood and Faye is not???

Celeste
262-325-7137

www.glidersandgear.com

gangel Squirrel & Damien

Re: I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! [Re: BeckiT] #444845

G
GizmosGal
Unregistered
GizmosGal
Unregistered
G

Are you planning to cage the four of them together? Are the males intact? How old are they all?

Re: I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! [Re: ] #444848
01/03/08 11:46 PM
01/03/08 11:46 PM
Elkhorn, WI
CSteele Offline OP
Glider Slave
CSteele  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Elkhorn, WI
I have two repts, the boys are in one right now and the girls in the other right next to each other. I was going to make two pairs. The males are intact but they are young, they were OOP Sept 23, 07 and the girls in Mar (Nissa) and Jun (Faye), 07

Celeste
262-325-7137

www.glidersandgear.com

gangel Squirrel & Damien

Re: I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! [Re: CSteele] #444875
01/04/08 12:36 AM
01/04/08 12:36 AM
Austin, TX
USMom Offline
Serious Glideritis
USMom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Austin, TX
Celeste, it sounds like you are doing intros pretty much the way I do. Good thinking with the travel cage smile I would keep swapping, etc... Maybe even swap cages, every once in a while, too. Give it another week or so, then try again. Also, arrange the repts so that they have to do certain activities next to each other, like eating, hang the pouches so they are back to back, etc...For me 3 times is my limit if there is actual fighting. After the 3rd time, I won't try and pair them up again. Maybe you could do one on one intro's?

Shawna
Who are you networked with? Networking could save your gliders life. Create one now.

Re: I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! [Re: USMom] #444889
01/04/08 12:55 AM
01/04/08 12:55 AM

M
Maxx2105
Unregistered
Maxx2105
Unregistered
M

Have you tried putting 2 seperate cages right next to each other for a few nights.

Re: I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! [Re: ] #444907
01/04/08 01:18 AM
01/04/08 01:18 AM

R
Rhapsody
Unregistered
Rhapsody
Unregistered
R

Originally Posted By: Maxx2105
Have you tried putting 2 seperate cages right next to each other for a few nights.

That is what I did for two introduction I had to do last year (among the other things mentioned here) and it always works....... the SG were living in the same cage together within 2-3 weeks of starting the intro.

Re: I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! [Re: ] #444937
01/04/08 02:23 AM
01/04/08 02:23 AM
Elkhorn, WI
CSteele Offline OP
Glider Slave
CSteele  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Elkhorn, WI
The repts are right next to each other and the pouches are back to back. I will keep swapping pouches, toys and the cages during the next few days and then my next full night off (I work pm shift 2:30pm to 11pm) when I can keep an eye on them, I will try the intro's again. After I calmed down I checked both gliders and neither was injured and the boys were jumping around and playing as usual. I gave them an extra mealie or two for their efforts and then left them all alone to reflect smile

I swapped out their suggie tents tonight too and the girls are both sleeping in the boys suggie tent tonight as we speak. So I am still confused as to why Faye did what she did. They sleep in the pouches like its no problem as well, you would think Faye would avoid the pouches and toys if she didn't like the boys?

I will give it another try in a week and think positive thoughts!!!!!!!! If it doesn't work, I will do the one on ones like you suggested Shawna. I was just hoping to allow the girls to pick who they wanted to be with smile I'm a silly romantic.

Thanks everyone!

Celeste
262-325-7137

www.glidersandgear.com

gangel Squirrel & Damien

Re: I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! [Re: CSteele] #445064
01/04/08 10:48 AM
01/04/08 10:48 AM

P
PixTrix
Unregistered
PixTrix
Unregistered
P

Celeste,

Keep swapping pouches, put the girls in the boys' rept. and the boys in the girls' rept. for a few nights, play with the boys first (let them mark you, run all over you, etc.) and then play with the girls, so the girls can smell the boys on you (be careful with Faye, since she attacked one of the boys, as she may be on the defensive side when she smells the boys' scents on you), for another week or so.

I kept one of our male joeys and I simply would not leave him alone, and he was such a cuddlebug. One guy had a 5 year old female who lost her mate felt so bad for her and thought of her first, gave her to us. She was also a very sweet cuddlebug and I thought to myself, Ohhh, what a nice pair they would make! After two weeks of swapping pouches, blankets, cages, toys, Moogie would not accept Cuddles at all. She would hiss at him, run away from him, so I intervened and separated the two. I kept trying for three months before she finally accepted him.

Each glider is different from the other, regardless of the fact that they may be twins or not.

Patience and persistence pay off in the long run.

I am here anytime you need advice or help, no matter what it is.

Jen

Re: I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! [Re: ] #445072
01/04/08 11:09 AM
01/04/08 11:09 AM
Columbia, SC
saturngirl Offline
Glider Slave
saturngirl  Offline
Glider Slave

Columbia, SC
Hi Celeste ~
Sorry to hear what you're going thru. I'm on month 2 of trying to intro my 2 babies. At first it was my girl attacking my boy now their attitudes have changed and my girl now wants to be with him and he's fighting her. I just don't know when to say enough is enough. We go for a few days without doing face to face intros, and I swap their cages...which they have no problem being in the other one's cage and sleeping in their pouches.

Just keep doing what you're doing and don't give up. I think it will eventually work out for you. It does take time.

Good luck...and keep us updated

*~*Tara*~*
5~suggies "mini" Cooper & Sophie
Paisley, Maci & Smurf
2 ~cats Kia and Gabby~
1 ~silly puppy Darci~

Rest in Peace Chili Pepper dog...you will always have a special place in my heart

Re: I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! [Re: saturngirl] #445282
01/04/08 05:08 PM
01/04/08 05:08 PM
Elkhorn, WI
CSteele Offline OP
Glider Slave
CSteele  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Elkhorn, WI
thanks everyone! I'm over the initial shock and I once again am feeling optimistic! Things will work out and if not, there is no reason why I can't just neuter the boys and keep them all where they are!!!! smile

The whole baby thing was a selfish act on my part! I wanted to breed them maybe once to experience it. I never planned on selling the babies - they were going to be for me smile ...

It might not be in the cards and thats OK too smile smile

Celeste
262-325-7137

www.glidersandgear.com

gangel Squirrel & Damien

Re: I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! [Re: ] #445290
01/04/08 05:24 PM
01/04/08 05:24 PM

7glider7
Unregistered
7glider7
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Rhapsody
Originally Posted By: Maxx2105

That is what I did for two introduction I had to do last year (among the other things mentioned here) and it always works....... the SG were living in the same cage together within 2-3 weeks of starting the intro.

Well...I would hesitate to say always works...

We adopted a girl, Zoey, and we did EVERYTHING...pouch swapping, toy swapping, cages next to eachother, introducing in multiple neutral territories with varying numbers of people, using vanilla to mute scents...

...and NOTHING WORKED...my other gliders were stressed and being just AWFUL, Zoey was so stressed and lonely she was literally tearing her hair out...it was just hate at first sight.

Our final solution: we were going to rehome Zoey, but ended up buying her a buddy, a young male named Zeus, instead. They are in love, and now we have two happy (but very separate) duos in 2 cages.

Some gliders never get along no matter what you do. We really are "arranging marriages," in a sense, and gliders, who are very territorial animals by nature, don't always appreciate us meddling in their affairs!

That being said, if you've only tried the face to face intros once, I'd still try it some more before I threw in the towel. My first pair, Kirby and Tanooki, rolled up and fought at first. Basically Kirby was a little too...well, "amorous" and "eager" to have a girlfriend despite him being neutered. He finally cooled his jets and they are living together...after a year...

I would keep SLOWLY trying intros. It is in an area where NONE of them have been before, right? Sometimes it also helps to have lots of toys and space to distract everybody so they learn to tolerate eachother gradually.

Best of luck, and I hope your intros end up working out better than ours! I know how tough it is when they ball up and fight, it breaks your heart :/

Re: I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! [Re: ] #445741
01/05/08 11:08 AM
01/05/08 11:08 AM

P
PixTrix
Unregistered
PixTrix
Unregistered
P

After talking with my husband, Marvin aka Oldcolt58, the best way to do introductions is to separate all gliders into separate cages and keep them all single for a week or two. That way they will miss the companionship of another glider more therefore will accept another glider much more readily, while swapping pouches, toys, blankets, etc.. When my husband suggested this, it made perfect sense.

Celeste, I have plenty of travel cages if you need to borrow them. They are small but they are cages.

Jen

Re: I Am In Absolute Tears!!!!!! [Re: ] #445776
01/05/08 12:39 PM
01/05/08 12:39 PM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Missouri
Good luck Celeste with the intros but dont give up I had a female she attacked everyone that I tried to intro to her till she found cosmo and thats all she wrote no fighting no nothing sometimes its the presitence and the patiences that pays off in the end and sometimes its that two personalities cant be in the cage maybe their personality colide .But dont give up hope that it wont work out.

Having Faith and Hope that some day soon.That all the world will come to see that all of gods babies deserve love and affection.

gangel My little three precious angels :rbridge:

http://suggieshack.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=login

Mom to some really spoiled little ones.

:rtmo:
:leu:
:grey:

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 372 guests, and 89 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,586 TEXAS
679,082 OHIO
487,164 OKLAHOMA
432,170 UTAH
321,695 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024