Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
perfect pocket pets #493001
03/03/08 12:25 AM
03/03/08 12:25 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

Hi I am a newbee in Florida! I just came across your site looking for other people that may have had the same problem I had with Perfect Pocket Pets. I bought my Lillie at the FL state fair on 2/8 I was told that she would be fine as a single and that she was perfectly healthy other than her eye which was blue. My daughter has a love for "special" animals so we took her. They gave me whole set up and everything cost a fortune. I brought her home and the next morning noticed diarrhea I emailed them and they told me to take yogart and mix it with pepto bismol (DONT DO THIS). She got worse so they kept on giving me advice other diets other [censored]. Lillie got worse so after 3 weeks I take her the vet and he said she had one of the worst cases of Giardia that he had ever seen and shouldn't have ever been sold as a single. I shouldn't have ever given her pepto or the other stuff they told me to. This being my first lil baby I had no idea. I knew I wanted one before I had seen them but never had gone through with it. I spent 8-9 hours a day hanging out with her mostly at night. I have the time and love but don't think I should have been sold a sick baby. Her eye is all better thanks to my good care and she will survive the Giardia I hope now I have to shell out over 150 a week for the next 4 weeks to make sure that she gets to the vet and gets better. I had no idea when they sold me my baby they said they never get sick they never need to go to the vet I am so sick over it that I contacted my credit card and am attempting to reverse the charges figuring that my vet bills for an unhealthy glider would far exceed the cost I paid for her and I love her and have bonded with her and wouldn't ever give her back especially since now they won't respond to me. I can't believe that places like this exsist and I am sorry that this is long but wow. Now I need a friend for her and get her well. Shes the best lil girl ever so sweet and loving... I feel like I rescued her. Has anyone else had problems with these people? I hate to stop payment on anything but I don't think they should see a dime! I am lucky she didn't die before I finally got the courage to take her to the vet... they kept saying I didn't need to. Just sick makes me so sick! Any stories may help with the complaint that I am filing with my bank and maybe take a few bucks out of these awful peoples pockets! Also I bought extra Gliderchow (2 years supply according to them) and Glideamins what should I do for her food give her that or find something else?

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493011
03/03/08 12:33 AM
03/03/08 12:33 AM

P
phayzed
Unregistered
phayzed
Unregistered
P

Everyone who buys from them, has problems with them.

And OMG. PEPTO BISMOL?!?!?! frown frown frown frown frown That is NUTS.

You're definitely at the right place - thank God.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time, but I think for the time being, you need to focus on getting your baby better, and THEN think about getting her a cage mate. (A neutered male, or female will do.)

You need to make sure that EVERYtime you handle her, you're washing your hands very very well.

I will keep you and your baby in my thoughts!

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493014
03/03/08 12:35 AM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Missouri
There have been so many with the same thing when they bought from these miserable human beings sorry to hear that you are having to go through this with your little one.Hope that it all works out for you and her too.There are many postings on gc about the others who have dealt with Perfect Pocket Pets you have came to the right place to learn and to educate yourself on these wonderful little ones.

Having Faith and Hope that some day soon.That all the world will come to see that all of gods babies deserve love and affection.

gangel My little three precious angels :rbridge:

http://suggieshack.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=login

Mom to some really spoiled little ones.

:rtmo:
:leu:
:grey:

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493015

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

Thank you so much. I am washing my hands constantly because I also have two small dogs 5 hamsters and a 8 year old daughter to contend with... oh and the fact that Lillie likes to jump at my face until I kiss her belly isn't good because the vet said that Giardia is contagious.

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493017
03/03/08 12:37 AM
03/03/08 12:37 AM

P
peace
Unregistered
peace
Unregistered
P

i am so sorry you had to have this happen to you. somebody will come by with links and advice for a diet. if it was me i would also try fighting payment through the cc company.

i don't know a thing about the people that sold to you.

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493019
03/03/08 12:39 AM
03/03/08 12:39 AM

P
phayzed
Unregistered
phayzed
Unregistered
P

Originally Posted By: Lilleethesugee
oh and the fact that Lillie likes to jump at my face until I kiss her belly

jump jump jump Face hug!! She really loves you.

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493030
03/03/08 12:52 AM
03/03/08 12:52 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
I think I've heard the worst of (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets - and then it just keeps coming!

These people are subhuman.

In their newsletter, they were apparently telling people to contact them for advice on how to neuter your glider by yourself.

I'd like to neuter them ....

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ValkyrieMome] #493043
03/03/08 01:02 AM
03/03/08 01:02 AM

B
Brogio
Unregistered
Brogio
Unregistered
B

i saw them at the fair also. at the time i was curious about sugar gliders but i didnt want to get to close to the ones they were showing off because of all the people i knew had been handling them.. they looked so sad, too.

now that i have my own glider, hearing this story makes my heart break. if it were me, i would not only seek to stop payment but you may be able to stop them from continuing to do this to other people and other gliders. im sure its not the first time they've sold a sick glider.. maybe you can contact a lawyer for advice or someone in animal rights?

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493051
03/03/08 01:13 AM
03/03/08 01:13 AM

T
txsuggiemom
Unregistered
txsuggiemom
Unregistered
T

I'm so sorry you had to go through all that! Your baby is in good hands now, and you will find tons of good advise and info here!
Perfect Pocket Pets seems to be one of the worst "company's".
Here is a link for the recommended diets.
http://www.glidercentral.net/links/pages/Glider_Care___Information/Diet___Nutrition/index.html

Look through those links and ask as many questions as you need to to pick the right diet for her. A good diet is soooo important to a gliders health.

Oh and welcom to GC!

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ValkyrieMome] #493056
03/03/08 01:16 AM
03/03/08 01:16 AM

T
txsuggiemom
Unregistered
txsuggiemom
Unregistered
T

Originally Posted By: ValkyrieMome

In their newsletter, they were apparently telling people to contact them for advice on how to neuter your glider by yourself.

I'd like to neuter them ....

Thats my response to these horrible self-neuter stories too... "How would you like me to do that to you??"

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493087
03/03/08 01:56 AM
03/03/08 01:56 AM

R
Rhapsody
Unregistered
Rhapsody
Unregistered
R

Originally Posted By: Lilleethesugee
Giardia is contagious.

I know this infection can be passed from human to human - but can it be spread from animal to human?

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493091
03/03/08 02:04 AM
03/03/08 02:04 AM

B
bluekitti01
Unregistered
bluekitti01
Unregistered
B

I'm so sorry for the heartache you and this poor baby are going through frown it's horrible to hear stories like this. Breaks my heart.... cry But like said above you are in the perfect place to find out CORRECT info about your new lil furrbutt. agree Everyone here is awesome and super helpful and caring! I love it here! Also like stated above you need to get her on a proper Glider diet.... The link above should help. Welcome to Glider Central wave and my prayers are with you and your lil Lillie. hug2 hug2

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493120
03/03/08 03:02 AM
03/03/08 03:02 AM
JMM331 Offline
Glider Lover
JMM331  Offline
Glider Lover

yes Giardia is a Zoonotic disease which means it can be spread from human to animan and vice versa...its usually spread by fecal matter or contaminated water

~~Jessica~~

My Fabulous Gliders: Mojo & Soco, Jack & Boo Boo, Penie, Gizmo & Stripe
My Pit Bulls: Sammy (the old man of the family) and Sadie
My Sneaky Ones: Cheeks & Bunz, the Chinchillas
My Frisky Cat: Kitty
R.I.P - Slowmo (Mojo's Twin Brother)
Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: JMM331] #493124
03/03/08 03:06 AM
03/03/08 03:06 AM
JMM331 Offline
Glider Lover
JMM331  Offline
Glider Lover

http://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/browse_by_diseases.htm

This link is a list of some of the zoonotic diseases and some info of each

~~Jessica~~

My Fabulous Gliders: Mojo & Soco, Jack & Boo Boo, Penie, Gizmo & Stripe
My Pit Bulls: Sammy (the old man of the family) and Sadie
My Sneaky Ones: Cheeks & Bunz, the Chinchillas
My Frisky Cat: Kitty
R.I.P - Slowmo (Mojo's Twin Brother)
Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: JMM331] #493142
03/03/08 07:06 AM
03/03/08 07:06 AM
Florida
Flgliderlover Offline
Glider Explorer
Flgliderlover  Offline
Glider Explorer

Florida
By any chance did the guy who sold you this glider have a problem with his forearm - in that it was bent in the middle? sounds like a dumb question, but I bought my gliders at a function in Florida, and although I think it was custom cage works, I heard the same lies from this guy that you heard. Ridiculous.

Luckily mine were apparently healthy, and I now have 4 adorable suggies. And yes, the male is now neutered.

Wow - I certainly wish you all the best with your little one. hug2 hug2 hug2

Mom to 2 skin kids (both grown) heart
Grandma to 1 skin kid heart
Surrogate mom to 3 suggies - Peanut, Ariel, and Sheena, WT Female OOP 1/23/08 - woo hoo!!! heart
R.I.P. Maya, 2/3/13
Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493193
03/03/08 10:17 AM
03/03/08 10:17 AM

D
DeeLikeableDee
Unregistered
DeeLikeableDee
Unregistered
D

I almost bought my gliders from them also. They said that it would be 3 or 4 weeks before they got more so I decided to find a breeder instead and bought mine from a person in Tampa. I am local in South Florida as well. I am a first time owner and I bought a boy and girl unrelated but from the same breeder. There is so much information available and I can connect you to a group I am in through yahoo that is all about sugar gliders and these people are GREAT!! I hope all works out for you and am glad to hear that you have taken such good care of your glider. Its good people like you thatthese gliders need.

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493246
03/03/08 11:39 AM
03/03/08 11:39 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

Geeze thank you guys so much for the support! Sorry I didn't get back earlier but my lil Lillie took her first exscape and she kept laughing as I tried to get her out of where she was hiding. I don't think the guy had a bent arm but he did tell me you neuter a boy yourself... hense why I got a girl. He told me never to listen to anyone on line that if I changed her diet it would make her unhealthy and stink. That none of the other infomation online other than his site is correct. He sent/still sends automated emails every single day with inncorrect information He tried convincing me that she should only have apples and half a peice of bread until I had had her 6 months. Actually I just got an email from them about what they shouldn't eat. My vet wants a word with them because of selling her single and telling me never to feed her bugs. I just get so angry thinking about it. On the upside I may be rescuing a 4 month old (just a bit older than Lillie) male to be her friend. As long as everything goes good Lillie will have a friend although I know she can't be around him until she gets better but she never will if she keeps fighting me to take her medicine grrr. I hope at least that part works out because by the time I am done with the vets I am going to be broke! I still gotta manage to get poor Lillie a friend she is pretty depressed and the vet said it was because of this. Well, lets hope this all works out and thanks for all your help!

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493262
03/03/08 11:56 AM
03/03/08 11:56 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Probably she is more depressed because of her health than because of being lonely.

I have an acquaintance who was recently sold an "8 week old" glider by them, and it turned out the little guy was 3-4 weeks old. He was really struggling! Poor tiny little thing! Didn't even know how to be a sugar glider until he got a friend. He hadn't learned how to eat on his own yet, or drink, or even play.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ValkyrieMome] #493279
03/03/08 12:10 PM
03/03/08 12:10 PM
Illinois, USA
CritterHill Offline
Glider Addict
CritterHill  Offline
Glider Addict

Illinois, USA
Anyone who has had a problem with them, please call the USDA and file a complaint: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_welfare/downloads/acorg.html

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: CritterHill] #493329
03/03/08 12:59 PM
03/03/08 12:59 PM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

My vet did say she was under weight. I was told she was 8 weeks oop but since I was new I have no idea. The good news is she is getting better by the day and although she hates her meds... I still somehow manage to trick her into taking it. People like this need to be stopped. How would they feel if one of their children was taken from their mothers womb too early because they could make money on them and then feed them dog food or something? Isn't it almost the same thing? I fortunatly have found a great support system not only with you guys but from a local sugar glider breeder who recommended my vet and as a matter of fact her vets diet plan is on your site! I know I am finally being pushed in the right direction and I call this poor lady all the time she must be so sick of me! I am just waiting on the shipment of the new staple food and vitonate and calcium suppliment... no more Pocket Pets junk. They said that when I bought her to keep her on this that the rest of it was just cat food.... I think the truth is that theirs is probably the over priced cat food! But then nothing of what they told me could be further from the truth. Thanks to you guys and the nice lady at Suncoast Sugar Gliders and my Awesome vet Dr. Sanders Lillie is going to be great and I know alot more on how to keep her that way! Thank you so much!

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493341
03/03/08 01:15 PM
03/03/08 01:15 PM
Northeast TN bordering VA/NC
Bubbles8i8 Offline
Glider Guardian
Bubbles8i8  Offline
Glider Guardian

Northeast TN bordering VA/NC
Please do not get a male cagemate for Lillie unless you plan to neuter him. I would treat her as a rescue since she is from questionable background and she should never be bred, not only because of where she came from, but because she has been so sick.

I'm glad you made it over to GC! There is an abundance of information on the forums and if you have any questions at all, just ask. smile

Jenny tounge

Wife to Josh, Mom to Taylor heart

:glider: Coo & Chimera
:glider: Ruckus & Mayhem
:glider: Adonis & Persephone & Aphrodite
www.animalhobby.com

Taylor's Sailors
Cages, Toys, Wheels, Pouches, Treats
Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493354
03/03/08 01:28 PM
03/03/08 01:28 PM

Z
Zucker
Unregistered
Zucker
Unregistered
Z

Glad to hear that she's doing better! hug2

And also, could someone please post the link to the PerfectPocketPets website?

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493396
03/03/08 02:15 PM
03/03/08 02:15 PM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Either I am unable to log onto their site or it's down temporarily, but these people are just pond scum I swear!! I'm so sorry for your little girl and the problems she is having. I know that my vet would like to get ahold of these people as well. Just an FYI...they don't breed these gliders...they purchase them from a TX Mill and have them shipped into these brokers. They are tiny babies and I guess whatever survives the trip is what they try to sell.

They were at our fair this summer and five days after they left, I already had rescues coming into my home. We've had GC members who purchased from that same fair, one girl bought a male/female pair, the little girl died quickly of ghiardia and the little boy suffered from a horrible eye infection and nearly lost his eye because of it!

Please, please, please file a complaint with the USDA, The Better Business Bureau and your credit card company!! Keep all of your documentation from them.

They say not to listen to anyone else online because everyone else is a "self proclaimed internet expert".....but, what are THEY? They themselves are "self proclaimed internet experts" and the fact that they are afraid for you to get any other information is horrendous. It just shows that they KNOW that their info is bad.

To put it into perspective as to their character..the owner of Perfect Pocket Pets was one of the first people to have the kiosks in the mall for Metabolife diet Pills....remember when people started dying from those? Well, he closed up shop and went onto another venture...apparently innocent animals to make a quick buck. He has a home for sale in Ft. Myers for over 4 MILLION dollars. He is laughing all the way to the bank and the ONLY way to hurt him is to cut off the flow of money!!! Hit him where he'll feel it...in the wallet!! If we get enough people to file complaints about him, people will listen!!

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493400
03/03/08 02:17 PM
03/03/08 02:17 PM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493720
03/03/08 06:56 PM
03/03/08 06:56 PM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

Geeze I did want to have just one litter of babies with Lillie just for myself not to sell but I guess as long as I have her and her soon to be new lil boyfriend then I will have to neuter him and call it a day... at least I have two very sweet lil babies and I can always rescue ones that really need a good home. I just love my lil girls temperment so much even when shes sick she just wants to cuddle. The vet was shocked because after torturing her and checking her out she still ran up his shoulder wouldn't let me catch her and gave him a kiss. I guess that its mixed blessings at least I have her and probably tomorrow her little friend. I ordered new food for them both he doesn't have a staple food offered to him so I guess they will both adjust at the same time. Any suggestions on if I should do it gradually like half of what she has now and half of the new stuff or just give her the new stuff? It's called Zoo keeper's secret and I have heard great stuff about it. I also got the vitonate which is supposed to be the best and the rep-cal. Tracking says it will be here tomorrow and I just ordered it earlier today... pretty good if you ask me. It's time to get this lil fur-butt healthy and to stay that way so she can be my forever angel!

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493730
03/03/08 07:05 PM
03/03/08 07:05 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
I seriously believe that stories like Lillie's should be collected.

I think a lawyer should be contacted to file a class action suit on behalf of the people they've done this and worse to (not to mention the gliders ... but they won't file a class action suit on their behalf).

It may be that the glider owners who have bought from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets won't get any financial benefit of a class action suit. But it is the ONLY way that I know of to shut those people down once and for all.

Alden

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ValkyrieMome] #493734
03/03/08 07:09 PM
03/03/08 07:09 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Oh - Lillie's mom. I got my first glider, Rocket, from a mill breeder. Didn't know it at the time. I had bought him and his lady-to-be in order to breed them. (I got his lady from a real breeder, not a mill breeder! From Critter Hill, in fact!)

I think we all start that way?

But as soon as I learned more about mill breeding, I had Rocket neutered. I consider Rocket to be a rescue. Although I had high hopes "back in the day" of breeding him - I didn't think twice about having him neutered once I learned more.

Alden

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ValkyrieMome] #493752
03/03/08 07:49 PM
03/03/08 07:49 PM

Z
Zucker
Unregistered
Zucker
Unregistered
Z

The site looks nice, but geez! I was reading all the information they gave, and 99% of it's false, and also dangerous!

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493755
03/03/08 07:52 PM
03/03/08 07:52 PM

Z
Zucker
Unregistered
Zucker
Unregistered
Z

http://www.perfectpocketpets.com/productPages.php?Product_ID=14

What is THIS? That is so sick. I'd never use that on my baby. cry

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #493794
03/03/08 08:32 PM
03/03/08 08:32 PM

A
AprilB
Unregistered
AprilB
Unregistered
A

I got Owen from them fortunatly he is healthy!But their info was horrible! Owen is neutered as I don't want babies when I put him & Izzy together.. but I am so sorry lilee has had such a rough start! Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 372 guests, and 89 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,586 TEXAS
679,082 OHIO
487,164 OKLAHOMA
432,170 UTAH
321,695 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024