Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: ] #497882
03/07/08 06:23 PM
03/07/08 06:23 PM

P
PixTrix
Unregistered
PixTrix
Unregistered
P

Hey Alia, what was the name of that guy selling the joeys??? Ohh, I gotta rack my brain on this one!

Jen

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: ] #497886
03/07/08 06:27 PM
03/07/08 06:27 PM

M
McGhee28
Unregistered
McGhee28
Unregistered
M

Wishing I could do more to help...

But if you ever decide to go after Sandman's, let me be the first to know!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: ] #497888
03/07/08 06:34 PM
03/07/08 06:34 PM
USA
sweetheart26 Offline
Glider Addict
sweetheart26  Offline
Glider Addict

USA
OMG! by chance do they have a web site?? thats not good a mill breeder...i feel bad for all the gliders ...they sell awww ..makes me want to cry..

mom to sugar gliders storm,thunder,lighting,snowball,rosebud,winter,string,summer fall and sweet.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: sweetheart26] #497890
03/07/08 06:37 PM
03/07/08 06:37 PM

A
AliaBrown
Unregistered
AliaBrown
Unregistered
A

they do have a website. Google Perfect Pocket Pets and it's the first to come up. No PixTrix, I can't remember his name. Kim also found their "info" packet (if you can call it that dunno ) It has a lot of information they don't have on the website. Like how sugar gliders are perfect for pets! They get along great with dogs and cats! roflmao

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: ] #497893
03/07/08 06:45 PM
03/07/08 06:45 PM
Northeast TN bordering VA/NC
Bubbles8i8 Offline
Glider Guardian
Bubbles8i8  Offline
Glider Guardian

Right! They get along sooooooo well. What morons.

Jenny tounge

Wife to Josh, Mom to Taylor heart

:glider: Coo & Chimera
:glider: Ruckus & Mayhem
:glider: Adonis & Persephone & Aphrodite
www.animalhobby.com

Taylor's Sailors
Cages, Toys, Wheels, Pouches, Treats
Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: ] #497896
03/07/08 06:50 PM
03/07/08 06:50 PM
JMM331 Offline
Glider Lover
JMM331  Offline
Glider Lover

I can't believe they tell you to put a heat rock in the cage...

~~Jessica~~

My Fabulous Gliders: Mojo & Soco, Jack & Boo Boo, Penie, Gizmo & Stripe
My Pit Bulls: Sammy (the old man of the family) and Sadie
My Sneaky Ones: Cheeks & Bunz, the Chinchillas
My Frisky Cat: Kitty
R.I.P - Slowmo (Mojo's Twin Brother)
Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: JMM331] #497902
03/07/08 06:54 PM
03/07/08 06:54 PM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

They actually give people a cd showing them how to integrate their suggies with free roam in the house with dogs and cats....they "teach" you to teach your dogs and cats that gliders aren't prey.....funny, I don't think anyone told the gliders they weren't going to be eaten!!!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: JMM331] #497904
03/07/08 06:58 PM
03/07/08 06:58 PM

P
PixTrix
Unregistered
PixTrix
Unregistered
P

I heard about that one, suggiemom. shakehead

Jen

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: JMM331] #497905
03/07/08 06:59 PM
03/07/08 06:59 PM

P
PixTrix
Unregistered
PixTrix
Unregistered
P

Originally Posted By: JMM331
I can't believe they tell you to put a heat rock in the cage...

That is why Alia is seeking help in stopping the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets from selling more joeys, most of whom are most likely doomed and we want to avoid that from happening. So much misinformation going around--how sad is that? We also want to prevent an increased number of gliders going into rescues, by stopping the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and by educating the prospective owners.

Jen

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: ] #497910
03/07/08 07:04 PM
03/07/08 07:04 PM
USA
sweetheart26 Offline
Glider Addict
sweetheart26  Offline
Glider Addict

USA
they dont get along well with dogs i know that for a fact

mom to sugar gliders storm,thunder,lighting,snowball,rosebud,winter,string,summer fall and sweet.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: ] #497911
03/07/08 07:05 PM
03/07/08 07:05 PM
JMM331 Offline
Glider Lover
JMM331  Offline
Glider Lover

I completely understand and wish there was something i could do, if anyone can think of anyway i can help from New England please let me know...

~~Jessica~~

My Fabulous Gliders: Mojo & Soco, Jack & Boo Boo, Penie, Gizmo & Stripe
My Pit Bulls: Sammy (the old man of the family) and Sadie
My Sneaky Ones: Cheeks & Bunz, the Chinchillas
My Frisky Cat: Kitty
R.I.P - Slowmo (Mojo's Twin Brother)
Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: JMM331] #497912
03/07/08 07:07 PM
03/07/08 07:07 PM
USA
sweetheart26 Offline
Glider Addict
sweetheart26  Offline
Glider Addict

USA
anyway i could help too

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: sweetheart26] #497916
03/07/08 07:09 PM
03/07/08 07:09 PM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Our USDA rep inspected them this summer and claims they're GREAT....made me SICK.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: ] #497942
03/07/08 07:35 PM
03/07/08 07:35 PM
USA
sweetheart26 Offline
Glider Addict
sweetheart26  Offline
Glider Addict

USA
really..thats sad

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: ] #497955
03/07/08 07:59 PM
03/07/08 07:59 PM

K
kaylakala
Unregistered
kaylakala
Unregistered
K

I'm sooooo happy to hear SOMETHING is getting started!!!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: ] #498003
03/07/08 09:01 PM
03/07/08 09:01 PM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Yea, their hands are tied unless we can catch them neglecting them, not providing them shelter or food and water. USDA doesn't care that their "shelter" is to put 30 joeys in a tiny cage so they can hide under each other under a tent or that dry pellets and a slice of apple constitute their diet....

Last edited by suggiemom; 03/07/08 09:02 PM.
Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: ] #498009
03/07/08 09:10 PM
03/07/08 09:10 PM

T
TammyH
Unregistered
TammyH
Unregistered
T

I'll be happy to send any of my vet bills and give sworn stmts to help in this cause! It sickens me the way I was lied to and it breaks my heart to hear story after story of people who use to have gliders but got rid of them or they died after buying them at the home shows and fairs. Here's a big problem though: the main company is called Cage Works and it's owned by Steve Larkin. He sells "franchises" if it's called that of Pocket Pets and trains his breeders all over the country. I just ran into one of his newest prodigies a few wks ago. He's all gun ho talking up a storm about the thousands of dollars he's going to make on his blondies and telling me what an expert he is on gliders. He has his outside, in small cages, feeding soy pellets, and doesn't even know about wheets, toys, eucalyptus, anything!!! They do advertise that gliders are the perfect pet b/c they will become "every pet's best friend." It's totally unethical the way this company is run. He has to be stopped.

Last edited by TammyH; 03/07/08 09:11 PM. Reason: wheels not wheets
Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: ] #498025
03/07/08 09:20 PM
03/07/08 09:20 PM

L
luddiedi
Unregistered
luddiedi
Unregistered
L

I will check the emails and they also personally called me on the phone becase i was so upset over my sick gliders i wish the mall would not even let them set up and sell again

luddiedi

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS!!! [Re: ] #498094
03/07/08 10:53 PM
03/07/08 10:53 PM
Bubbles8i8 Offline
Glider Guardian
Bubbles8i8  Offline
Glider Guardian

So is Perfect Pocket Pets part of Custom Cage Works?
Originally Posted By: TammyH
I'll be happy to send any of my vet bills and give sworn stmts to help in this cause! It sickens me the way I was lied to and it breaks my heart to hear story after story of people who use to have gliders but got rid of them or they died after buying them at the home shows and fairs. Here's a big problem though: the main company is called Cage Works and it's owned by Steve Larkin. He sells "franchises" if it's called that of Pocket Pets and trains his breeders all over the country. I just ran into one of his newest prodigies a few wks ago. He's all gun ho talking up a storm about the thousands of dollars he's going to make on his blondies and telling me what an expert he is on gliders. He has his outside, in small cages, feeding soy pellets, and doesn't even know about wheets, toys, eucalyptus, anything!!! They do advertise that gliders are the perfect pet b/c they will become "every pet's best friend." It's totally unethical the way this company is run. He has to be stopped.

So,you are saying, Perfect Pocket Pets is part of Custom Cage Works?

Jenny tounge

www.animalhobby.com

Taylor's Sailors
Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! [Re: ] #498101
03/07/08 11:04 PM
03/07/08 11:04 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Originally Posted By: suggiemom
Yea, their hands are tied unless we can catch them neglecting them, not providing them shelter or food and water. USDA doesn't care that their "shelter" is to put 30 joeys in a tiny cage so they can hide under each other under a tent or that dry pellets and a slice of apple constitute their diet....

Yes - it is true. We can't stop them on things that we hate that they are doing but aren't illegal.

We can only stop them if enough people come forward with vet details, and specifics. A class action law suit will cost them BIG bucks - if there are enough people.

I'd like to gather information on ALL of them - McGrath, Custom Cage, Perfect Pocket Pets, Gliders R Us ... Is Flying Fur Ranch one?

If I can find an attorney willing to do one law suit - maybe he'll do one on each of them! Just takes lots of real evidence - not "we don't approve of what you're doing" stuff.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! [Re: ValkyrieMome] #498119
03/07/08 11:25 PM
03/07/08 11:25 PM

D
Destani
Unregistered
Destani
Unregistered
D

I have no information to offer, but I am behind ya'll 100% on this and I hope ya'll succeed at putting these horrible people to a stop!!! As for Sandmans, I've never dealt with him personally but I have seen his poor sickly joeys at Traders Village (flea market) and it broke my heart! ALL these horrible mill breeders need to be put to a stop. Easier said than done I know.

Good luck guys, ya'll can do it! smile

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! [Re: ] #498137
03/07/08 11:39 PM
03/07/08 11:39 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Yes, Steve Larkin, aka Custom Cage Works is affiliated with Perfect Pocket Pets.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! [Re: Dancing] #498179
03/08/08 12:24 AM
03/08/08 12:24 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

I think there may be two companies or two owners maybe? Perfect Pocket Pets is headquartered in Ft. Myers, FL and run by the same guy who started out selling Metabolife in mall kiosks. When that business went south cuz people started dying and lawsuits commenced, he moved on to some magic kits or something. He's got a 4 MILLION dollar home for sale in Ft. Myers. SOmeone on GC not too long ago did a little digging on ol' Vern or whatever the guys name is and just googled him and all this stuff came up.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! [Re: ] #498210
03/08/08 12:45 AM
03/08/08 12:45 AM

N
Nari
Unregistered
Nari
Unregistered
N

I was just getting on here to post about them...ironic. Tomorrow I am supposed to be going to the Columbus Pet Expo in OH. Perfect Pocket Pets supposedly will be there. I'm afraid to even look, I don't want to get upset and I know it will make me angry. It's interesting how the first thing their site says is how they are often critized by so called internet experts, when they have 15 yrs of experience. ugh...

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! [Re: ] #498215
03/08/08 12:47 AM
03/08/08 12:47 AM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Erin, if you do go and they are there, get what ever documentation you can on them. Ask questions like you know nothing about gliders. Have someone with you and then both of you "write a report" about it. Get what ever "literature" they are passing out on them too. Ask them if there are any books or websites you can learn more about them at.

Ask about the age of the gliders, what they eat, what size cage they need, ask about breeding and or neutering. Ask if they get along with other animals.

And when you get all their answers, try not to strangle them!

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! [Re: ] #498216
03/08/08 12:48 AM
03/08/08 12:48 AM

A
AliaBrown
Unregistered
AliaBrown
Unregistered
A

Virgil Klunder is the owner of (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets as far as I know. He had a mansion for sale in Florida. Although I have heard that they don't actually operate out of Florida and I know for a fact they get their gliders from Texas. The bald man told me this when we had our confrontation.

TammyH, I would be happy to have those vet statements as well as a statement from you. I can PM you my address or my email addy. It's stuff like this that we need. Detailed statements about what information you were told, conversations you have had with them involving the sick glider etc. Get as detailed as you can, dont be afraid to make it as many pages as need be!

Anyone else that has had unhealthy gliders? Gliders being sold underage, or older than what they claimed? Any vet statements. Statements from people who have bought from them. Even statements from people saying they got a healthy glider but were still misinformed and learned information from the internet.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! [Re: ] #498219
03/08/08 12:50 AM
03/08/08 12:50 AM

N
Nari
Unregistered
Nari
Unregistered
N

I'll get my boyfriend's sister in on it, she loves schemes like this. We'll do our best...but I know it's going to ruin my day, so it'll be our last stop hopefully.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! [Re: ] #498241
03/08/08 01:06 AM
03/08/08 01:06 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Alia, the bald guy told me the same thing, they get em' from a mill in TX, but yea, Virgil Klunder is the owner and founder I guess.

I have kind of an interesting but long story about them this weekend, I'll try to condense it. I work with wildlife and exotic animal rescue and we have several venues in our community that give us free booth space since we're a non profit. For the first time, PP has a booth at the same venue. It's a Home and Garden show...usually the only animals are us and a dog/cat shelter.....Thank God they are on the other side of the venue, but I did walk by last night and I could tell the guy instantly recognized me from teh fair this summer. Of course, they did almost drag me kicking and screaming at gun point....anyhoo......

The owner of our rescue went over to check them out since she'd never come into contact with them and has really only recently been into gliders because of me....she comes back and tells me that he's very charming and she didn't see a problem with his cage sizes etc and he had an 8 wk out of pouch joey with him, etc. I literally nearly fell out of my chair!! I have been LIVID with her all day and haven't spoken to her since last night, wouldn't answer the phone, etc. I didn't even know how to respond to her.

I finally sat down and composed a long email and told her that I was so offended by her opinion of him because he was charming.....he's not stupid, just a liar! They're not UNintelligent people!! And yes they ARE very charming and convincing...after all, hasn't every conman since the beginning of time been so? How else can they do what they do?

I don't even have a problem with them selling at these venues, I have a problem with them lying to people in order to close a sale. People would do the right thing if they were armed with good information or at least most of them would. When they left our fair on Aug. 9th, 5 days later we were already getting in joeys that were unwanted! FIVE DAYS because they were selling them to parents of small children, toddlers even, and saying oh, they don't bite, they don't stink, this is all they need, this tiny cage and heat rock....Of course when the glider is standing on two feet and lunging at the three year old the parents were like....Oh god, what'd we DO?

Do NOT mention breeding or neutering or anything like that. That makes you sound too knowledgeable and they will clam up or have you removed! If they even suspect you're not a potential customer, they'll have you ousted from the venue. Just run up all excited and say "Ohhh loook, they've got those sugar jumper thingies".....LOL and they'll swoop in like a bunch of vultures for ya!

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! [Re: ] #498247
03/08/08 01:16 AM
03/08/08 01:16 AM

A
AliaBrown
Unregistered
AliaBrown
Unregistered
A

Well I will post my confrontation with them because I cannot find my original thread. I came to the Iowa State Fair. My mom actually called me and told me they had sugar gliders and how fun the booth was. She knew I was getting a pair from pixtrix and knew I would be interested. So, I walked over to the booth and really was excited to hold one. I hadn't actually seen one in person. The guy was charming like they all should be. I started to get a little upset seeing the cages, but then the bald man pulls out a teeny tiny glider. I have a picture of it. He kept it in his pocket. Anyways, he pulls it out and I asked him where it's mom was. I knew it was too young because I had seen pictures of my pair already and they were 7ish weeks and way bigger. He replies with "back in Texas". So, I immediately say "But, it's to young, it needs to nurse with the MOM". He immediately changed his charming tone to a mean one and said that no they dont. Actually told me that you can pull the joey as soon as they are born and feed them normal food. I was appalled and started telling him how wrong he was. We get into an argument, he keeps yelling "whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep better at night". I then tell him the cages are too small, the heating rocks are bad. The joeys were hiding under a shirt just to get some shade. It was around 100 degrees that day. Granted they are partially inside (under the grandstand, but technically outside). My mom finally had to pull me away because we were screaming at each other. Needless to say I didn't talk to her for the rest of the day.

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP STOPPING PERFECT POCKET PETS! [Re: ] #498257
03/08/08 01:31 AM
03/08/08 01:31 AM
Bubbles8i8 Offline
Glider Guardian
Bubbles8i8  Offline
Glider Guardian

Take a tape recorder and have it in your pocket when you are asking the questions!!!!

Jenny tounge

www.animalhobby.com

Taylor's Sailors
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 356 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,576 TEXAS
679,076 OHIO
487,156 OKLAHOMA
432,161 UTAH
321,685 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024