Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519163
04/02/08 03:30 PM
04/02/08 03:30 PM
Lynchburg, VA
B
blockamon Offline
Glider Lover
blockamon  Offline
Glider Lover
B

Lynchburg, VA
I don't know about cropping a tail, but docking a dog's eary YOURSELF (not by a vet) is illegal in Connecticut (and probably many other states). The key is whether a vet does it or not.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: blockamon] #519175
04/02/08 03:43 PM
04/02/08 03:43 PM

R
RaiSaix
Unregistered
RaiSaix
Unregistered
R

So is it a good idea? I would need some accounts of people who have had problems woth gliders from them. Can people give me some

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519182
04/02/08 03:53 PM
04/02/08 03:53 PM
Dayton, OH
sprocketlover Offline
Glider Lover
sprocketlover  Offline
Glider Lover

Dayton, OH
Not sure if I can post the link but if you go to (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets's website they have a little article on online information websites (like GC). A quote from the site "a major problem among the sugar glider community is the possibility that these message boards become the focus of an addiction, or Pathological Internet Use."

WOW! This article was actually a decent laugh.

Amanda and the fam:
Suggies: Billy/Topaz/Kea, Baby/Sprocket, Brulee, Bandit, Darren/Matklin
Dogs: D-O-G,Lilinoe,Ualani
Cat: Joe
Timneh African Grey: Simmy
Parakeet: Kai
An awesome hubby
Waiting for me at the bridge: Roxy,Cosmo,Pebbles,Brownie,Diego,Timmy,Dega, Binx
Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519193
04/02/08 04:04 PM
04/02/08 04:04 PM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

Quote:
But don't you have the RIGHT to ask for information?

That is what I was just thinking. If someone innocently saw their booth, and just started asking questions they have a right to ask...they have you removed for being a "trouble starter"? That right there should be a red flag for the people who own and run the fairs (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets sets up at. Wouldn't there be a record at these fair offices on any incidents between customers and vendors?

I mean, say someone has a glider and wants to purchase another...and they tell (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets "I have a glider and a cage and I'd like to buy him a buddy. I would like to buy just a glider since I already have a complete set up already at home." They tell you no?!?!? What the (bleep) is that all about?

And if someone had bought a book on gliders and not mentioned the internet to (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets at all, and asked questions regarding what they read in a published book? Are they going to tell you to disregard THAT information as well? When the heck did (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets become the end all be all of glider information and care?

All I know is...I'm very passionate about ALL animals, and if I ever saw their booth...well...I know me and I KNOW I'd get arrested. THAT'S when I'd call the local news station.

Man, this guy needs to be shut down. I say yes...we need to gather any and ALL reports, forum posts, vet bills, anything about (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. I'm going to try and look into some stuff as well...I guess the BBB wouldn't be able to look into something like this? I don't know all that much about them but (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets IS a business...correct? Does a business have to be registered with the BBB to file a complaint?

Hmm...Im off to look that up now.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519202
04/02/08 04:22 PM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

BBB filing complaints

This states that they will attempt to resolve an issues with a company...whether or not the are a BBB accredited business. Maybe the person who posted the other post here about her experience with (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets, and having her suggie treated at her vet...and the emails (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets sent her...sorry I forgot your screen name here. But maybe you can check that link out? I don't know if it will help.

BBB reliability report

Of course there isn't anything reported on (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets with the BBB.

I'm still looking around though.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519203
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
In Kansas, docking ears or tails by other than a licensed vet is not only illegal but a felony, practicing vet medicine without a license.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: Dancing] #519213
04/02/08 04:37 PM
Dallas, Texas
cbddallas Offline
Glider Lover
cbddallas  Offline
Glider Lover

Dallas, Texas
I may be new to the glider community, but I can certainly recognize propaganda when I see it, and the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets website is unbelievable! Good for a laugh for those who know better, dangerous for those who may actually believe them...

Cindy, Wife to Dee and Mom to:
two beautiful daughters, Kendall & Reagan,
one handsome son, Dee IV,
one silly American Eskimo, Jasmine,
and our four gliders, the "big kids", aka Bella & Beau, and "the babies" Kandy & Kane, from Cora!
Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519214

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

[quote=suggiemom]They spend a lot of money for their booths and they will protect that, BUT I know for a fact they have been forcibly removed from at least one venue for abuse and neglect of their animals!!! Their time is coming. It takes PROOF. A good way to get that is if anyone can purchase a joey, maybe without the "package"....take it straight to the vet and get the vet info. They won't know why you're purchasing it, they just want their $200. Chances are, it will test positive for giardia, be underage and malnourished as has been the case in the past.

I was taken by them the only problem with that is that they won't sell a glider without the set or at least they wouldn't here in Tampa. They made us by the pouch (which is not bad better than a box) and their cage and their food I spent 498.00 got a sick glider and none of the stuff other than the pouch is useful. It all is garbage and I have vet bills like its cool. These people need to be stopped! Lillie was way too small too and still is. When I looked at some healthy 6 week oop joey's they were 3 or 4 times the size of my Lillie now and I have had her since the begining of Feb. When she was supposed to be 8 weeks oop. She still barely weighs 40 grams!

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: Dancing] #519215
04/02/08 04:38 PM
04/02/08 04:38 PM

R
RaiSaix
Unregistered
RaiSaix
Unregistered
R

Well I think I'm gonna call the news and ask them to do a story. I think they'd appreciate it since I'd be giving them an exclusive.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519221
04/02/08 04:45 PM
04/02/08 04:45 PM

T
Taylynn
Unregistered
Taylynn
Unregistered
T

I need the website link for (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets! Can someone please PM it to me? I'm gonna raise heck!!! and you just wait... if I hear they are coming anywhere NEAR Nevada, you can bet your little heiny I'll be on the phone to every single news station in that AREA. tant

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519222
04/02/08 04:47 PM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

Taryn..I just googled them...

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519223

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

I have a suggestion. If say we were part of the fair or event and had a table and we were a vendor "shopping around on our break" and asked questions how can they kick us out? We paid for our booth and someone has to run it!? Just a thought but if we could be one or two steps in front of them it may work out!

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: sprocketlover] #519224
04/02/08 04:48 PM
04/02/08 04:48 PM

7glider7
Unregistered
7glider7
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: sprocketlover
A quote from the site "a major problem among the sugar glider community is the possibility that these message boards become the focus of an addiction, or Pathological Internet Use."

Har, I guess you could call how often I visit GC pathological, but not any moreso than my friends are addicted to Wii or WoW. At least I'm learning how to properly care for my pets while I'm at it.

Anyways, as much as we'd all like to go yelling and screaming at (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets all it would do is get us kicked out. We need to approach these people as interested buyers with questions. Ideally, it should be audiotaped. Pictures (like the ones started on this thread) are great. The original poster's strategy was brilliant: pretend to be a naive, innocent buyer with questions and ask to take pics so you can "show your parents or boyfriend at home and come back and buy the glider tomorrow" or something. Even if we're vomiting on the inside by how sick and wrong their info is, this is really going to be the only way to document what is TRULY going on...by pretending to be a totally idiotic, innocent bystander.

Ditto that these gliders need to be taken to the vets and tested immediately. Perhaps we won't be able to purchase gliders with that whopping "set" pricetag, but maybe we can distribute information to those who just HAVE purchased a glider...hopefully if these people find out that the animal they just purchased is likely underage and sick, maybe they can be persuaded to immediately go to the vets and get their glider tested.

Is anyone centrally working to gather this information? It's so tough that they're bouncing around to so many states. I heard a lawsuit was being started...is anyone involved with that on the boards here? I saw there was a version of a flyer that we could hand out to people educating them...can we add the part about taking your glider to the vet onto the flyer? Can we have a contact number/contact info for them to report to for support or problems so we can track this data? I imagine this would be helpful to whoever is organizing that lawsuit.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519225
04/02/08 04:49 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Hey, maybe the news would be willing to do an undercover story type of thing, to really show what goes on with these vendors.......worth looking into anyway.

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519226

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

Originally Posted By: buttercup
Quote:
But don't you have the RIGHT to ask for information?

That is what I was just thinking. If someone innocently saw their booth, and just started asking questions they have a right to ask...they have you removed for being a "trouble starter"? That right there should be a red flag for the people who own and run the fairs (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets sets up at. Wouldn't there be a record at these fair offices on any incidents between customers and vendors?

I mean, say someone has a glider and wants to purchase another...and they tell (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets "I have a glider and a cage and I'd like to buy him a buddy. I would like to buy just a glider since I already have a complete set up already at home." They tell you no?!?!? What the (bleep) is that all about?

And if someone had bought a book on gliders and not mentioned the internet to (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets at all, and asked questions regarding what they read in a published book? Are they going to tell you to disregard THAT information as well? When the heck did (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets become the end all be all of glider information and care?

All I know is...I'm very passionate about ALL animals, and if I ever saw their booth...well...I know me and I KNOW I'd get arrested. THAT'S when I'd call the local news station.

Man, this guy needs to be shut down. I say yes...we need to gather any and ALL reports, forum posts, vet bills, anything about (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. I'm going to try and look into some stuff as well...I guess the BBB wouldn't be able to look into something like this? I don't know all that much about them but (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets IS a business...correct? Does a business have to be registered with the BBB to file a complaint?

Hmm...Im off to look that up now.

No and I have filed a complaint not only with the BBB also the Florida Fish and Wildlife and USDA. I was taken by these people so I requested a refund.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519231
04/02/08 04:55 PM
04/02/08 04:55 PM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

Also, fyi not totally off the subject but I have been getting pm'd by a user that has never posted that I suspect is (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. The info they indulged to me was stuff they would only know. So if you start getting pm's be aware that it may be them. They gave me a story about getting two glider at the same fair I did and that theirs were healthy. If one has Giardia and was in a cage really what is the chance that all of them don't have it it is SOOO contagious? They can't answer my calls, voicemails or emails but can pm me on here. I know of another person the same person also contacted. Just wanted to give you a head's up before you indulge too much info in a pm.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519236
04/02/08 04:59 PM
04/02/08 04:59 PM

T
Taylynn
Unregistered
Taylynn
Unregistered
T

Thanks Stephanie, I found it! Grrr... they make me so mad! No one here claims to be experts! We all just have experience with gliders and what keeps them the happiest and the healthiest!!! and together, we all have YEARS on those idiots!

Ooh, now I'm all worked up. *LOL* I like the vendor idea. You can't get booted out if you're a vendor!!! smile

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519241
04/02/08 05:05 PM
04/02/08 05:05 PM

R
RaiSaix
Unregistered
RaiSaix
Unregistered
R

Ive decided to call Local6 tonight! I'll be sure to remind then to remind everyone to do research before they buy any animal.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519244
04/02/08 05:06 PM
04/02/08 05:06 PM

T
Taylynn
Unregistered
Taylynn
Unregistered
T

I just read that (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets uses PINE SHAVINGS for the bottom of the cages. and they say that all glider owners should too.

PINE IS FLIPPIN' POISONOUS TO GLIDERS RIGHT?!?!?!

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519247
04/02/08 05:09 PM
04/02/08 05:09 PM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

yup can give them respitory problems just like all other small animals (hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, gerbils,mice, rats,ect. )

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519322
04/02/08 06:50 PM
04/02/08 06:50 PM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

Quote:
Can we have a contact number/contact info for them to report to for support or problems so we can track this data?

Yes they have a physical mailing address on their web site.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519341
04/02/08 07:15 PM
04/02/08 07:15 PM
Herkimer (Utica), New York
bethanyg Offline
Glider Lover
bethanyg  Offline
Glider Lover

Herkimer (Utica), New York
Oh man! I was on their website earlier and I was so [censored]!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!! I'm so annoyed by this kind of stuff....... >=[ The info they give is basically WRONG and guh im so mad!!!

They get me so worked up BLAH TO THEM!!!

Bethany*me
Rick*Brother
Mom and Dad
The dogs Major and Admiral
The snake Matilda
Petrey my suggie boy and my little girl fuzzbutt Aurora
RIP Icarus :rbridge:
Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519357
04/02/08 07:55 PM
04/02/08 07:55 PM

W
who_us
Unregistered
who_us
Unregistered
W

Originally Posted By: Lilleethesugee
Also, fyi not totally off the subject but I have been getting pm'd by a user that has never posted that I suspect is PPP. The info they indulged to me was stuff they would only know. So if you start getting pm's be aware that it may be them. They gave me a story about getting two glider at the same fair I did and that theirs were healthy. If one has Giardia and was in a cage really what is the chance that all of them don't have it it is SOOO contagious? They can't answer my calls, voicemails or emails but can pm me on here. I know of another person the same person also contacted. Just wanted to give you a head's up before you indulge too much info in a pm.

To whom it may concern.... this is the person Lillee the sugee has been getting pms from. I wish to remain annomyus for reasons that are not of importance. I am a customer of (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets who purchased 2 gliders in Tampa at the State Fair. I am not (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets nor do I wish to be reffered to as them. Just because I know some things that others don't does not mean that I am them. I spent alot of time trying to decide if I wanted to make a large investment into a pet. Meaning I was there alot. I spent several days at the fair in the building where they were located. I am as niave as some others on these animals and I am trying to learn as much as I can. My gliders may have giardia; I am not sure. However I have scheduled vet appointments for them. I also have other animals who will be checked for giardia. As I mentioned before, I am a little niave about things and want to learn as much as I can. Please Help Me Learn so I can Give the Best of the Best to my Gliders. Thanks, Who_Us

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519363
04/02/08 08:21 PM
04/02/08 08:21 PM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

Well, I appoligize if I jumped to conclusions you must understand that I was concerned. I hope that your gliders are ok I know mine isn't and we have struggled with Giardia for some time. Truely that is all anyone on here ever wants! In addition the only reason that we are so concerned with (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets is there are dozens and dozens and dozens of people all over the US who have purchased dead or dying or very very sick gliders from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. It really is sad and we just want the best for all the critters and to stop (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets from selling very sick animals with very small cages and very dangerous heat rocks and very very bad information that they give out to their customers.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519406
04/02/08 09:57 PM
04/02/08 09:57 PM

M
Milokipo
Unregistered
Milokipo
Unregistered
M

Just a thought here, but would anyone that has a good relationship with their veternarian possibly talk them into going to one of these fairs? If so, the vet could act like he doesn't know a thing about gliders and ask questions as if he were really interested in buying one. Then the vet could ask them if he could hold them, how to tell the difference between male and female, neutering etc. This way the vet could actually give the glider a quick lookover. Would that stand up in court?

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519407
04/02/08 09:58 PM
04/02/08 09:58 PM

T
tigg1268
Unregistered
tigg1268
Unregistered
T

i live in orlando... does anybody know if they are coming here?? i may be able to help... act like im interested and bring a tape recorder and maybe sneak some pics on my cam phone???

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519449
04/02/08 10:57 PM
04/02/08 10:57 PM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

You can always email them off their site and ask them when they will be available in your area so that you can get some gliders without paying for shipping!

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519504
04/03/08 12:01 AM
04/03/08 12:01 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

I'm skipping ahead here, but I've spoken to my vet and I can assure you that ear cropping, tail docking and neutering yourself IS animal cruelty and is NOT LEGAL. It's practicing veterinary medicine without a license. Farmers do it on LIVESTOCK. The USDA says they can, but it's not the same for domestics and exotic pets! I'm not sure why it's ok to neuter a calf that way, but it is.

It's no different than you stitching up your child just because you know how to tie a darned knot in a piece of string! Still doesn't make you qualified to do that to a human.

For them to advise customers on how to do that makes them even worse than I ever imagined them to be.

For those of you who want to stand up and question them, like I said, feel free. Please, ignore those of us who have gone before you and nicely spoken to them and been escorted out of the venue. We too, were paying customers of the venue to get in. Didn't matter.

In fact; in our case it was very apparent that the police officer was most definitely on their side and wouldn't tell us what we had done wrong, just kept telling us we couldn't do "it" any longer or we'd be "thrown on the ground". And, just so ya know, I'd barely said a word to them and had not gone up to anyone, people were coming up to me because I had MY gliders with me. People were asking ME questions and (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets didn't like my answers I guess.

The minute you tell them you have gliders or you've researched, they know JUST what you want to hear and they'll change their rhetoric. The guy in these photos is the same one that was in SC. It's the same people going all over the place.

They KNOW they're being watched and questioned and they will stop it. If you're lucky enough to catch a new guy on his first day, you MIGHT get away with it, but don't be surprised if you blow the whole thing and cause more harm than good. You can't help or get more info if you get thrown out!

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519506
04/03/08 12:08 AM
04/03/08 12:08 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Also, they spend hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars to set up at these venues. It's a great idea in THEORY, but not a very practical solution for most of us. My group however; is a non profit rescue group so we are usually given free booth space which is how we are able to hand out THOUSANDS of flyers at each venue.

I wasn't even sure it was working until the last show we were at....I had SO many people come up to me, look at my gliders and say ok, so tell us the truth....So, people ARE listening and I've stopped MANY people from buying from them just here locally and I'm ECSTATIC about that!!!

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519508
04/03/08 12:15 AM
04/03/08 12:15 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

suggiemom that is something to be very very proud of! I think the best way to go after them other than getting them closed down is to educate the public. If noone buys from them they go out of business. Just the way it is. So we have to stop people the more the better! Keep up the good work suggiemom!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024