Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519509
04/03/08 12:17 AM
04/03/08 12:17 AM
home
O
ORsuggiemomma Offline
Glider Slave
ORsuggiemomma  Offline
Glider Slave
O

home
Suggiemom that's amazing that you do that! every step counts, no matter how small! it's still a step, and it's in the right direction!!!!! props to you!!!!

Wifey to heart Frankstone heart
Mother to~ mloveNathan(5) and mloveDrea(3)
and slave to 4 perfect sugar gliders:glider:
Lightning
Mater
Trinity
Eilonwy
Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ORsuggiemomma] #519523
04/03/08 12:40 AM
04/03/08 12:40 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Thanks guys. At the last venue we were at with them, I printed out 300 flyers and at the end of it, was printing info on my business cards for people!!! That weekend, I had like 50 new members join my forum so people are paying attention. Oh, and we were sitting next to the people who make the city ordinances and they are going to visit whether or not they allow gliders to be sold at that venue or others like it ever again!

That reminds me that I need to follow up with them on that one!!! They heard story after story of how people were lied to. They were also standing there listening (and babysitting our animals....LOL) when someone told us how they'd purchased from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets at our fair in August and got tired of the glider so they turned it loose outside!!! THAT happens all the time because when you LIE to people about how to care for an animal and what it requires, they become frustrated. Oh, and they saw my glider cage as opposed to (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets's and they were DISGUSTED and mine is just my travel cage and it's still three times the size of their cage. Not too mention, as small as their cage is, it's effectively cut in half by a shelf that runs around three sides of it with a ladder to the bottom. When I got a rescue in with that cage, I immediately cut the shelves and ladder out of it just to make it suitable for a travel cage!!!

I don't have to tell ANY lies. All I have to do is provide information that contradicts what they are telling people.

And as far as them telling their customers that those of us visiting the forums are "addicted" or "Pathological"...Paleeze. We're not the ones calling ourselves "experts" while calling others "self proclaimed experts"....I'd simply like to know just WHO proclaimed THEM to be experts? Is there an "expert proclaimer" out there that I'm not aware of? If there is, I too would like to be proclaimed an expert!!!!

Silly me, I wasn't aware there was even such a thing. Funny how they say THEY are the experts and the thousands of us are misinformed....ROFL you have to just kind of laugh at em' at times, dontcha? How desperate they are to convince people of their lies by creating this false little "family circle"...Hmmmm what do they have to hide or why would they worry about their customers going elsewhere for information???? Any self respecting organization wants you to be armed with all of the information you can get your hands on so that you can form your own opinions.

Seems to me, (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets thinks their customers are IDIOTS who can't form their own opinions. Seems to me that if everything (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets preaches as the "gospel" is true then people would see that and go running right back into their little 'family circle', wouldn't ya think?

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519533
04/03/08 02:02 AM
04/03/08 02:02 AM

S
sunbunny
Unregistered
sunbunny
Unregistered
S

If they're coming here to a show next month, I might be able to hand out flyers. I can check our calendar and see if there's a conflict.

I wouldn't be inside the same building, but I could set up a vendor spot outside and have the suggies there just as my pets and hand out a flyer to anyone interested. If it rains, I wouldn't be able to do it, though.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519534
04/03/08 02:04 AM
04/03/08 02:04 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

yeah and the best part about their "family circle" is the minute you start a fuss they kick you out of it even though that was part of the purchase price. I wanted to access it to show my vet and well lucky for me I still had all the info because they send it to you via email. I mean if they didn't have anything to hide why do you have to purchase a glider from them to access the family circle? In a lot of aways its a good thing though because then there would be even more sick animals if they followed what it says!

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519536
04/03/08 02:07 AM
04/03/08 02:07 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

Also, if they are experts and I know more than they do in what 2 months of glider ownership what does that make me a princess expert? Because if they are experts well then well thats just pathetic and thats all I can say about that. I guess that leaves Queen Expert for you suggiemom!!!

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519581
04/03/08 07:12 AM
04/03/08 07:12 AM
Ohio
gryphon214 Offline
Glider Explorer
gryphon214  Offline
Glider Explorer

Ohio
It sickens me the way this company markets sugar gliders like they are sea monkeys or those little helicopters sold at mall kiosks. Those helicopters turned out to be a huge scam and many people in my area got screwed over when all of the sudden after Christmas the company was just gone, not just gone from the malls, but gone and they were left with faulty helicopters. Sugar gliders are not sea monkeys and they are not little toy helicopters, they should NOT be sold this way! Okay, enough about my opinions. I try to keep personal opinions to myself but sometimes it's really hard not to frown

Discouraging people from doing research on the internet would certainly prevent them from realizing that (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets fills them full of lies. Granted, there is a lot of misinformation or outdated information to be found on the internet. However, an active message board where an entire community of glider owners shares and discusses information, many who have years of personal experience and who have consulted exotic vets or australian wildlife rehabilitators, is bound to have the most current, up to date information. For example, I had an "exotics" vet tell me that sugar gldiers don't get UTIs but there is so much anecdotal evidence on this board to the contrary, backed up by the vets of other glider owners on this board. Sure, sometimes we get it wrong. Eight years ago, when I got my first gliders, the advice here was to feed them crickets instead of mealworms because mealworms were fattier and were more likely to bind up their intestines because of their harder, thicker shells. Today we know of the dangers of alfatoxin poisoning and the advice is to feed mealworms. This is a good example of a community that is constantly learning and sharing information.

No one here claims to know everything, everyone is learning through experience and sharing those experiences, which is how anyone learned anything about any animal.

By the way, has any here considered contacting Animal Planet? If they knew what this company was really all about I doubt they'd endorse them. Having Animal Planet endorsement is only going to increase the trust unsuspecting people have in (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets.

To all of the people who suggested contacting the local news stations when this company comes to their towns, great idea! Most news stations do "troubleshooter" type consumer alert investigations. This is a great way to alert the public, who might otherwise be suckered into buying a sugar glider from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets at a home show or fair.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: gryphon214] #519614
04/03/08 09:30 AM
04/03/08 09:30 AM

B
Brittney
Unregistered
Brittney
Unregistered
B

I just love you guys.

This community is SO GREAT!

If they every come near me, best believe I will have my camera in pocket recording EVERY sound and all sights I can manage to sneak. My vet is VERY cool and excellent w/sugar gliders. I have a feeling if I had hard evidence in the mix she'd be more than willing to help any way she could.

Also, is there any way we can have a (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets/CCW sticky thread or something? Maybe it would have copies of any and all "incriminating" posts/threads/etc. It could also list where they are currently or where they've last been seen. I know for a fact they have been here but haven't ever seen them at a show personally (they come to our boat/home/garden/etc. shows). However, if I had somewhere to check and saw that they were here or coming here, or even that they'd recently been somewhere near by, it might be easier to go out of my way to encounter them smile .

Good work guys - best of luck to all involved, keep us posted!!

Last edited by Brittney; 04/03/08 09:30 AM. Reason: sometimes I just don't make sense :)
Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519625
04/03/08 09:40 AM
04/03/08 09:40 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Sunbunny - where are you in NC? Also, if you pm me your email addy, I can send you my flyer and you can make changes to suit your own needs such as your email for contact info, etc.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519762
04/03/08 01:09 PM
04/03/08 01:09 PM

S
sunbunny
Unregistered
sunbunny
Unregistered
S

I'm in Wilson. The show will be in Raleigh at the Fairgrounds.

I'll also look for them this weekend. There's a Ren Faire going on that I'd planned to go to Sunday.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519863
04/03/08 03:29 PM
04/03/08 03:29 PM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

Just a thought...but they do make some pretty bad a$$ cameras that you can zoom in from a pretty far distance. If they can't see ya, they can't have you thrown out can they?

Seems to me these people do prey on the uneducated in order to make money and they don't care about the suffering the suggies endure. I don't know how they can sleep at night. Truly makes me ill.

If they come to Houston, I'll go.

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: ] #519889
04/03/08 04:00 PM
04/03/08 04:00 PM
GA
Sabarika Offline
Glider Slave
Sabarika  Offline
Glider Slave

GA
Originally Posted By: sunbunny

I'll also look for them this weekend. There's a Ren Faire going on that I'd planned to go to Sunday.

The Raleigh Exotics expo?
I'll be there too. laugh

And I have a really nice camera, if anyone needs photos of these people, I'll be more than happy to take plenty.

Sabarika
Photography
Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: Sabarika] #519893
04/03/08 04:05 PM
04/03/08 04:05 PM

B
Brittney
Unregistered
Brittney
Unregistered
B

What is an Exotics Expo??? sounds SCARY!! frown frown

I am going to a show in a couple weeks at our expo center, and have been trying to find out if (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets or CCW will be there - no luck so far. Guess I'll just have to go armed and ready to go, just in case!

Re: face to face with pocket pets!!! [Re: Sabarika] #519945
04/03/08 05:12 PM
04/03/08 05:12 PM

S
sunbunny
Unregistered
sunbunny
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted By: Sabarika
Originally Posted By: sunbunny

The Raleigh Exotics expo?
I'll be there too. laugh

And I have a really nice camera, if anyone needs photos of these people, I'll be more than happy to take plenty.

May 3-4 at the fairgrounds in the Exposition Center? The Dixie Gun and Knife Classic is also going on in the Graham Building. My guess is they'll be somewhere on the grounds that weekend if they're allowed. I honestly don't remember them being there in the past.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 379 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,551 TEXAS
679,068 OHIO
487,134 OKLAHOMA
432,138 UTAH
321,663 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024