Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME #524800
04/09/08 10:57 PM
04/09/08 10:57 PM
Mendota, IL
cjkeenon Offline OP
Joey Member
cjkeenon  Offline OP
Joey Member

Mendota, IL
Please help mr. My baby is almost 2 years old. He is slightly overweight. I have 5 other gliders and it is very hard to stop Squiggy from constantly eating everything in sight. Recently, I accumulated the last 3 gliders in the past several months. All 6 of them have not been together yet. They are just getting to know each other. I adopted Lenny and Squiggy first. Then I adopted Fonzie. All 3 of them are now together in the same cage.

Then 8 months ago, I adopted Joanie and Chachi together (they are 2 years old). They were staying in another bedroom. Then 2 months ago, I adopted Keiko. She is 6 years old. She was staying in the same room with Joanie and Chachi but they are not all in the same cage.

Recently, I put all 6 babies in the same room in 3 different cages.

The only one that lets me sort of hold him is Squiggy. But he never lets me cuddle with him. I try to watch what I feed them. They get fruit, mealworms, glider pellets, vegetables, vitamins, glideraid, etc...

Today, I went into the bedroom and I had let out the 3 boys to run around and have playtime. Squiggy came over to me and will not leave my hand. I am VERY concerned about this and cannot stop crying. I do not know what is wrong.

Am I feeding them wrong? The other babies are runnung around all over the place but not Squiggy. He is just sitting im my hand. He has NEVER done this since I had adopted him. Or is he jealous???

PLEASE HELP ME. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO EXCEPT HOLD HIM.

Chris

Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cjkeenon] #524801
04/09/08 11:00 PM
04/09/08 11:00 PM

P
phayzed
Unregistered
phayzed
Unregistered
P

diet may have part to do with it.

You should get them on an approved diet. BML, HPW, Priscilla Price's...are all the very most common.

If you click on links at the top of the page, there is a diet section.

Best of luck. I'm sorry I cannot help you more, but someone will be along shortly, I'm positive of it. thumb

Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: ] #524805
04/09/08 11:07 PM
04/09/08 11:07 PM
Cornersville TN I'M HOME :)
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Any time there is a change in your gliders behavior you should have a vet check done. they hide illnesses and many times when we see it it is too late. A vet check is a must. If not tonight (I would take mine in now) first thing tomorrow. Fecal float and smear and over all check up. Best of luck.

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

My runaways 4/04 Lilo, 5/04 Dash & Angel

angel Sprite Says GO STEALTH!! at
AtticWorx
Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cyndiekb] #524812
04/09/08 11:30 PM
04/09/08 11:30 PM
Mendota, IL
cjkeenon Offline OP
Joey Member
cjkeenon  Offline OP
Joey Member

Mendota, IL
I went over the diet formu and printed out a lot of pages for diets. I am also calling the vet now to get the 24 hour hospital phone number. I only hope that they can help us.
please pray for my baby to be o.k.

PLEASE!!!!

Chris

Chris & her babies mlove...
:wfb: Zev, Ariel, Fonzie, Zoe 2, Chloe, Yoko, Yoshi, Koko, Sakura, Jinxie, Zoe 1, Sprint, Nova, Loki, Takara, Saphira, Goliath, :bb:

and

:rbridge: Lenny, Squiggy, Chachi, Joanie, Thor, Abbey, Hisako, Kieko, Melvin, Pixie, Trixie & Valentino gangel
Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cjkeenon] #524815
04/09/08 11:34 PM
04/09/08 11:34 PM
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline
Serious Glideritis

The prayers are coming your way Chris. Just do your best for your boy we will be here for you.

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

AtticWorx
Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cyndiekb] #524818
04/09/08 11:39 PM
04/09/08 11:39 PM
Mendota, IL
cjkeenon Offline OP
Joey Member
cjkeenon  Offline OP
Joey Member

Mendota, IL
I am on the phone right now with the hospital........

:wfb: Zev, Ariel, Fonzie, Zoe 2, Chloe, Yoko, Yoshi, Koko, Sakura, Jinxie, Zoe 1, Sprint, Nova, Loki, Takara, Saphira, Goliath, :bb:

and

:rbridge: Lenny, Squiggy, Chachi, Joanie, Thor, Abbey, Hisako, Kieko, Melvin, Pixie, Trixie & Valentino gangel
Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cjkeenon] #524823
04/10/08 12:01 AM
04/10/08 12:01 AM

S
super_stooge
Unregistered
super_stooge
Unregistered
S

best of luck to you and squiggy and please keep us updated

Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: ] #524840
04/10/08 12:52 AM
04/10/08 12:52 AM
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline
Serious Glideritis

No word yet? I hope they saw the glider. I will check back. praying for a good out come.

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

AtticWorx
Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cyndiekb] #524854
04/10/08 01:52 AM
04/10/08 01:52 AM
Mendota, IL
cjkeenon Offline OP
Joey Member
cjkeenon  Offline OP
Joey Member

Mendota, IL
Hi everyone. We just got back from the hospital. The doctor saw Squiggy and she said that I had to change his diet. Just because the other babies are doing fine, Squiggy was not. So, I am ordering more glider food. They are on the BML diet now but Squiggy only wants to eat junk food. Just like us. But he must lose weight. He weighs too much. He will be going back to the doctor again in a few days.

She also said that the new gliders probably did make him a little jealous and that is why he was 'clinging' to me. He feels that I am his 'property'. Well, I told her that I am!!! I will do anything for my babies. She laughed because she says that she feels the same way. I found out that she has suggies also. I felt so much better!! A doctor that truly understood our feelings.

Everyone's prayers worked for Squiggy and he says "Thank You" and so do I. It's great to know that we have friends and family's support.

I will definitely keep everyone updated as to Squiggy and his brothers and sisters health. I think maybe I'll start a little diary for them....

My babies are my world. Without them, I'm just a human being. But with my babies, I'm a Suggie Mom......

I'll keep in touch. Thanks to everyone that prayed. Our prayers were answered thanks to everyone on Glider Central

Thank you my new and forever friends,

Chris
Squiggy, Lenny, Fonzie, Joanie, Chachi and Keiko (Happy Days are here again)

and

Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cjkeenon] #524862
04/10/08 03:30 AM
04/10/08 03:30 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Chris, I'm so glad you were able to find a glider-experienced vet to assist you tonight. Please continue to keep us updated on Squiggy's progress. I'm going to move his over to diet & Nutrition now smile

Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: sugarglidersuz] #524898
04/10/08 07:18 AM
04/10/08 07:18 AM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

AH the evils of suggie junk food lol.

Glad to hear Squiggy is ok. Does he have a wodent or stealth wheel in his cage? If not, get him one. That will come in super handy..like a suggie treadmill lol!

And I'm sure once he gets hungry enough..he'll try the food thats good for him! Their diet is real important..my guys are on bml..and they all like it and eat every bit of it up! I like it cause its super easy to make and everything in the feeding schedule (fruit & veggies to feed with it) have all been calculated with the calcium/phosphors ratios.

Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: ] #525016
04/10/08 11:18 AM
04/10/08 11:18 AM
Mendota, IL
cjkeenon Offline OP
Joey Member
cjkeenon  Offline OP
Joey Member

Mendota, IL
Thanks to everyone for caring so much for my baby. He's sleeping ow. I was awake for most of the night checking on him. It's all worth it.

I have 3 wodent wheels and he will not get on one. The other suggies get on them - but not Squiggy. I am on my way today to get more ingredients for the BML diet. I have everything except for the Baby chicken food.

Too bad ther's not a Weight Watchers or Jenny Criag program for suggies....LOL

and

Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cjkeenon] #525035
04/10/08 11:44 AM
04/10/08 11:44 AM
Lenexa, KS
TracieB Offline
Glider Addict
TracieB  Offline
Glider Addict

Lenexa, KS
If you can get a Steath Wheel you might try that. Some suggies just seem to prefer running on a Stealth. Of course there's no guarantee that a Stealth will make Squiggy want to run!

Glad to hear he's going to be okay. hug2

Tracie
1 wonderful husband - Chris
1 goofy Yorkie - Dexter
2 naughty kitties - Chloe & Alek

Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge:
1 spoiled Yorkie, Myles - April 5, 1993-June 5, 2007
1 sweet :wfb: Xavier - August 5, 2007-May 20, 2010
2 sweet :grey: :grey: Nara & Alkina - February, 2006-November, 2011

Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: TracieB] #525116
04/10/08 01:34 PM
04/10/08 01:34 PM
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline
Serious Glideritis

If you are wondering what a stealth wheel is check this pic out. They are open faced and they has a mesh running track. All 10 of mine love their wheels. You can order thru the link in my siggy line. smile

So glad it is a semi easy fix (as I sit here with my M&M's I can't help but understand your Squiggy will NOT think this is easy)

Attached Files
027 Sprite.JPG (41 downloads)
Sprite in wheel

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

AtticWorx
Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cyndiekb] #525307
04/10/08 06:04 PM
04/10/08 06:04 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
I am glad that your baby only has weight problems and that you were able to get a veterinarian that was familiar with gliders. Specially one that has gliders too.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: Feather] #525520
04/10/08 11:03 PM
04/10/08 11:03 PM
Phoenix, AZ
KattyM Offline
Serious Glideritis
KattyM  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Phoenix, AZ
That's great that you found a good glider-knowledgeable vet! If she is not yet in our database, please add her information. heart

My Hiroshi was up to 190 grams and my vet said he needed to get down to 160. It was a true challenge, but I hand fed their food for awhile to make sure Keiko and Tomoki got enough. What was then left over and put in the cage for the night, even if Hiroshi wolfed it all down, was less than before. I also put them in the cage first at night so they can have first dibs at the food. Hiroshi goes in last, right before I go to bed.

Be sure if you don't already have one, to get a gram scale so you can check everyone's weight (especially Squiggy's).

Forever owned in my heart by my :grey: "Eight is Enough" colony:

:rbridge:
• 2002: Keiko (F) + 2003: Hiroshi (M) = 2004: joey Tomoki (M)
• 2009: Sammy (F), Charlie (F), Murray (M), Herbie (M)
• 2010: BJ (M)
Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: KattyM] #532808
04/20/08 05:47 PM
04/20/08 05:47 PM
Mendota, IL
cjkeenon Offline OP
Joey Member
cjkeenon  Offline OP
Joey Member

Mendota, IL
Thanks to everone for writing about my baby.

Unfortunately, my baby got even sicker. I am having the hardeest time right now. I could not even write about my Squiggy until today. He passed away on April 14th at 12:31 pm. I took him back to the vet They took x-rays and said that he had a tumor in his little belly. I had the doctor do exploratory surgery on him. They found out that the tumor had attached itslf to the other organs in his body. If they removed the tumor, then they would have to remove the other organs in his little body. I had to make the hardest decision in my life for my baby. I honestly think he knew what would happen to him. He did not want to go to the vet. HE KEPT FIGHTING ME ALL MORNING. But he was losing weight quickly. DID I DO THE RIGHT THING??? I can't stop crying. I am having an 'autopsy' done on him. The doctor took samples of his tissue and I am waiting for the results. They said that I should received them in about 10 to 15 days.

I keep seeing his little eyes looking up at me when I was telling him that I would see him soon to take him home. This is so very hard. I can't think right, I can't breath right. I'm trying to stay strong for my other babies but it's so hard.

I am having his little body cremated and put in an urn so that I can keep my promisee to him by bringing him home. I don't want to talk to anyone about him except other suggie lovers. No one understands how I feel, except all of you. Please pray that my baby is in a better place. I miss my Squiggy......I'll alweays love him forever. He'll always be with me.

I'll love my babies forever,
Chris
and Lenny, Fonzie, Joanie, Chachi and Kieko

and

Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: cjkeenon] #532816
04/20/08 05:54 PM
04/20/08 05:54 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
hug2 Chris, I am so sorry to hear about Squiggy cry
You did the right thing, so please rest within your heart knowing that he understood that his life was failing, and needed your love, care, and compassion to let him go. I pray that with the grace of god that you will see thru your sadness and find peace knowing that your sweet little one is now truly home. Many blessings and prayers being sent your way.
We are here for you, so please if you need to talk about your baby, share memories, we want to enjoy those with you.
Godspeed little one....

Moving this to Rainbow Memorials -
gangel

Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: LSardou] #532819
04/20/08 05:57 PM
04/20/08 05:57 PM
in my happy place
S
sugarlope Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarlope  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
S

in my happy place
I'm so sorry for your loss hug2

~Gretchen

If we never loved, then maybe we would never feel pain. Love anyway. It's worth it.
Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: sugarlope] #532828
04/20/08 06:08 PM
04/20/08 06:08 PM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

Oh I am so sorry to hear about Squiggy. I know it was a hard decision for you to make, but if he was in pain and he was suffering, then you did the right thing by letting him go. He was a happy little suggie the short time he was here, and had lots of love from you and his suggie buddies. hug2 I think he knew that.

Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: ] #532834
04/20/08 06:28 PM
04/20/08 06:28 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
I am so very sorry to hear about Squiggy, but you did the best thing for him. There was nothing else that could be done, sadly and you gave him a gift of love by not making him suffer. God bless and Godspeed little Squiggy.

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: pappy1264] #532873
04/20/08 07:18 PM
04/20/08 07:18 PM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
i'm so sorry for your loss hug2

Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: BeckiT] #532949
04/20/08 08:34 PM
04/20/08 08:34 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
hug2 Chris,

I am so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing and he is playing free and whole again over the rainbow bridge.

May your memories of him comfort you in the days to come.

Deepest Sympathy,

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: Feather] #533007
04/20/08 09:55 PM
04/20/08 09:55 PM

K
KittyKatLPN
Unregistered
KittyKatLPN
Unregistered
K

I am so sorry to hear of your loss! You and your other gliders are in my thoughts and prayers!

Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: ] #533066
04/20/08 11:00 PM
04/20/08 11:00 PM
Parsons, Kansas
dranger1108 Offline
Glider Addict
dranger1108  Offline
Glider Addict

Parsons, Kansas
I'm so sorry for your loss...

:grey: Michelle's Sugar Glider Babies & Toys :wfb:
USDA licensed breeder
http://www.freewebs.com/michellesugarbabytoys/index.htm
Neat glider themed products!
:glider: http://www.zazzle.com/dranger1108/products :glider:
Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: dranger1108] #533293
04/21/08 09:57 AM
04/21/08 09:57 AM
Columbia, Missouri
kthiessen Offline
Glider Addict
kthiessen  Offline
Glider Addict

Columbia, Missouri
I'm so sorry for your loss. hug2

~ Kathy ~

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 378 guests, and 88 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,600 TEXAS
679,086 OHIO
487,178 OKLAHOMA
432,185 UTAH
321,703 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024