Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #508529
03/19/08 09:55 PM
03/19/08 09:55 PM
USA
sweetheart26 Offline
Glider Addict
sweetheart26  Offline
Glider Addict

USA
shut them down

mom to sugar gliders storm,thunder,lighting,snowball,rosebud,winter,string,summer fall and sweet.

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #508592
03/19/08 10:39 PM
03/19/08 10:39 PM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

I'd love to help... after all they put Lillie through... just don't know what else to do?

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #508594
03/19/08 10:40 PM
03/19/08 10:40 PM
USA
sweetheart26 Offline
Glider Addict
sweetheart26  Offline
Glider Addict

USA
i need help anyone!!!

mom to sugar gliders storm,thunder,lighting,snowball,rosebud,winter,string,summer fall and sweet.

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: sweetheart26] #508658
03/20/08 12:07 AM
03/20/08 12:07 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
I've said over and over:

I am collecting documentation so that I can file a class action lawsuit against them.

I need vet statements, and other documentation, and it all has to be true and verifiable.

That's the only way I can think of to get to them... hurt them in the pocket.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ValkyrieMome] #508663
03/20/08 12:11 AM
03/20/08 12:11 AM
USA
sweetheart26 Offline
Glider Addict
sweetheart26  Offline
Glider Addict

USA
that sure is hurt them..cant wait too see that day come.

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ValkyrieMome] #508666
03/20/08 12:12 AM
03/20/08 12:12 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Absolutely Alden. Hey...have you talked to LSardou lately? She's got some GREAT info....

Sweetheart26 we're trying to get them shut down. The owner is a multi-millionaire. It's not an easy task! It's going to take coordination and good, verifiable accounts of wrong doing.

Lillee - If you cut out the ladder and one side of the shelves, she'll have LOTS more room to play and I wouldn't throw the cage away because it's a great travel cage, but I would DEFINITELY give it a good bleaching!!! I put mine in the shower and spray it down with clorox cleaner and then turn on the shower as hot as I can and let it clean and steam for about 10 minutes.

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #508668
03/20/08 12:14 AM
03/20/08 12:14 AM
USA
sweetheart26 Offline
Glider Addict
sweetheart26  Offline
Glider Addict

USA
anything i can do too help??

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: sweetheart26] #508671
03/20/08 12:16 AM
03/20/08 12:16 AM
USA
sweetheart26 Offline
Glider Addict
sweetheart26  Offline
Glider Addict

USA
i would be more then willing too

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: sweetheart26] #508674
03/20/08 12:20 AM
03/20/08 12:20 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
So far, I don't need any help!

I've only been contacted by TWO people - and neither of them had problems from the beginning.

One's glider was seen by a vet right away - but developed sickness later. Although the joey was too young, the vet didn't document that.

The second - again, probably too young joey. No vet documentation.

PLEASE!! I KNOW there is other information out there! We hear about the babies dying or coming home with Giardia ... Please send me that info!

I am trying to gather info on ALL the mill breeders - not just Perfect Pocket Pets.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ValkyrieMome] #508681
03/20/08 12:27 AM
03/20/08 12:27 AM
USA
sweetheart26 Offline
Glider Addict
sweetheart26  Offline
Glider Addict

USA
ok let me know

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ValkyrieMome] #508707
03/20/08 01:08 AM
03/20/08 01:08 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

PM me your email address and I will be happy to send the vet reports and emails and stuff I have. I sent them to several people yesterday and I have my vet getting other info as well other than the vet bills that say Lillie had giardia. It is on there her age which my vet was very skeptical about because she weighed only 28.6 grams on visit one at 2 months 15 days oop. My vet wanted their number and personally called to give them the what for! I have to see him again on Friday and he already said that if I needed anything to help stop them to let me know and he would help! I have a great vet! Let me know if you or anyone else that hasn't already been sent the info needs it I will be happy to help anyway I can. After seeing how sick poor Lillie was and truly she still has better days than others I will do anything to stop this from happening to other lil angels and their mommies and daddies!

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #512966
03/25/08 05:10 PM
03/25/08 05:10 PM

D
dragonp04
Unregistered
dragonp04
Unregistered
D

i also had to send my glider to the vet for giaurdia and possible salmoneia but our vet said 2 pair died for Pocket Pets he was suppose do something about it

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #513104
03/25/08 08:43 PM
03/25/08 08:43 PM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

That is just a horrible web site!! Those poor animals! And they use heat rocks?!?! Oh it also states on that section with the heat rocks, that gliders aren't rodents so you don't have to worry about them chewing on the cord...?!? And wow..do they like to slam all the forums on the internet or what?

Also, they say you can use pine shavings as bedding, but not cedar. I have fleece in the slide out tray in my cage..but isn't pine also bad for suggies?

Alden, I hope more people do get in contact with you and get you the information you need to shut that place down.

And I hope Lillie is doing better!! I think once you really clean out the cage, even tho it is small, she will be ok in there recovering until you get her a larger cage. Think about how great she'll feel in a bigger cage, with lots of toys and love from you!!

Hmm one more thing...on their site they sell a "Run-O-Round" wheel that looks exactly like the wodent wheels...can they do that? Re-name a product and sell it?

Last edited by buttercup; 03/25/08 09:01 PM.
Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #513152
03/25/08 09:35 PM
03/25/08 09:35 PM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

Pine is bad for all small animals it causes respitory problems not just with gliders but hamsters guinea pigs, chinchillas, rats, mice, rabbits all little critters. And a few great burdens have been lifted a lady in my neighborhood is giving me a cage a huge one! She had a 12 year old glider she just bought the cage and the glider was overweight and sadly passed just a few weeks after purchasing it frown She said her little angel would want my Lillie to have it because her name too was Lilly just spelled different! I also have an angel helping make toys and pouches for me everyone has been so kind and this week I am taking in a few rescues! One of whom was also bought at the Florida State Fair and is just over the Giardia. I am also getting the vet reports from this as a condition of taking her and getting a clean bill of health. I will send them to everyone when I get them. Life is gettin back to normal and Lillie seems to be getting better. It is stressful and expensive to have a sick pet but she's worth every single bit of it! Thank you guys for your continued support!

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #513182
03/25/08 10:10 PM
03/25/08 10:10 PM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

Well Im sure you will quarantine any new suggies for the 30 days and do the whole vet wellness checks and all that for the rescues you are getting.

We're here for ya!

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #513251
03/26/08 12:09 AM
03/26/08 12:09 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

oh of course. After all I went through with Lillie I wouldn't risk reinfecting her or anybody else! My vet already knows we are comming in! The good part is he is the same vet that has seen the other glider in the past and recommended me when the guy was trying to rehome her. (See even my vet is contributing to me driving my family nuts with animals) I feel great about saving another one and know that it will be great with a good additude and sort of knowing what I am getting into and what I have been through and what I have learned I know I can handle the 10000 gliders I will have by the end of the year (just kidding my limit is 7)

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #515496
03/28/08 06:32 PM
03/28/08 06:32 PM

A
Aimes
Unregistered
Aimes
Unregistered
A

Hello,
January 28th we purchased a male and female glider from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets at the Home Show. 8 days later the male, Moe, died from an unknown illness fairly rapidly. The night before he died he had acted lethargic. He did have some diarrhea but we when we called they said it could be due to the stress. They offered a "replacement" male for $100. The replacement male appeared unhealthy from the beginning. He was unsteady, and alot smaller. We took him to the vet to be evaluated Friday 3/21 and then 3 days later found him in distress, dehydrated and rushed him back to the vet. He was given fluids and resuscitated. Unfortunately, after dropper feeding him and medical care, he died today. The female, Molly, is very healthy as of now and has done well. We are taking her to be evaluted also, especially after seeng the concerns regarding giardia and salmonella. We are still not sure what caused our sugar glider's death. Our vet did feel that he was younger than 8 wks based weight and exam. He weighed, after 2 wks of our having him, only 24 grams. We are very distraught by all this and, unfortunately, learned the hard way about the importance of researching where you purchase sugar gliders. The fact that they were being sold at a loud and large home show to people like us who were initially very uneducated regarding sugar gliders should have been a large red flag. It is very disturbing to think of these loving animals (or any animal in that matter) suffering needlessly. We certainly will encourage others to avoid (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets in the future. This forum has been very informative to us. Thank you

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #536650
04/25/08 03:06 PM
04/25/08 03:06 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
I don't know how much help I am. I do know that a TV news story put a BIG dent for a few years in West wind Critters sales, by myself and a couple other GC members telling EXACTLY what a glider was all about. When I said a horse was easier/less expensive to care for than these mill bred gliders it got attention! Unfortunately, she finally showed up at the gunshow last weekend (first in a couple years)

Commander Riker came from Flying Fur Ranch. I have over $5000.00 in medical bills for him, and ALL the receipts. Can I prove he came from there? No. I have the broker's word, but not in writing. And that was before the TV spot when I was still "trusted", so no chance of documentation now. Two of WWC gliders died within days of giardia (along with about 300 others here in 90 days), also FFR gliders. But prove where they came from. I'd be happy to send you thousands in vet bills, and where the gliders were said to originate, if it will help. Unless origin can be proven, though, will it make a difference?

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: Xfilefan] #536787
04/25/08 06:03 PM
04/25/08 06:03 PM

B
Brittney
Unregistered
Brittney
Unregistered
B

Originally Posted By: Xfilefan
Unfortunately, she finally showed up at the gunshow last weekend (first in a couple years)

She was at that gun show??? ARGH tant

I was going to go to that JUST to see if there were any suggie sellers there, but didn't go. I'm so mad now!! Let me know if you need any help stopping her again!

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #536803
04/25/08 06:35 PM
04/25/08 06:35 PM

J
JordIDGE
Unregistered
JordIDGE
Unregistered
J

yah i just heard of them comin to gun shows in az last weekend

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #536820
04/25/08 07:09 PM
04/25/08 07:09 PM
Rhode Island
Legend Offline
Glider Lover
Legend  Offline
Glider Lover

Rhode Island
Wow.

Just...wow. I wouldn't be able to hold myself back if I was near that guy.

It would be a "Say Hello to my little friend!" moment....but it wouldn't be soft and furry like Stella....more like cold and hard....like a machine gun. Haha.

Katie
:grey: Daisy
:grey: Pansy and Lily
Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #537656
04/27/08 12:51 PM
04/27/08 12:51 PM

G
GliderInvasion
Unregistered
GliderInvasion
Unregistered
G

They have been showing up in MARYLAND!
(PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets aka CCW (he says so on his CD that was given to one of my new parents).
I have been contacted by 2 people in the past month, looking for a cage mate, that was at the Home Expo. in Gaithersburg, Md. and then at a Pet Expo at Dullas airport. Both suffered the loss of a malnutritioned & underaged joey, as well as very high vet bills. PLEASE RESEARCH WHERE THE GLIDER IS FROM...BEFORE YOU BUY!!
If not from a breeder (that has a non-mobil home) WALK AWAY!!!
Is a vet not required when selling at flea markets, gun shows, expos, etc?

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #566497
06/09/08 02:10 PM
06/09/08 02:10 PM
Columbia SC
BKaylor74 Offline
Glider Explorer
BKaylor74  Offline
Glider Explorer

Columbia SC
Not to drag up an out-dated topic, but I just came across this browsing the forums. I'm curious, has anyone that's purchased gliders from this company ever asked to see a copy of their usda license? Its my understanding that they're required to show proof of licensing if asked for it, though I could be wrong. I know that in SC, stores with exotic pets are required to display it, just as they're required to display their business license. At least, that is what I was told by a pet store owner there.

Also, the idea of putting together a website about this company and others like it is a very good idea. It won't do a lot right away to get them shut down, but it will help to quickly spread the word. The drawback is, that any negative info put on a website has to be verifiable, or the owners of the company in question could possibly sue and have the site shut down.

I'd be willing to help compile information and build a good site. It can be listed on search engines and linked to from other sites. I'm sure there are members here who have pages on sites like myspace or facebook. While those sites may not be acceptable for linking to from a place like GC, they can be very useful for getting word out to a massive audience in a short period of time.

Another drawback though, is proving that someone's sick glider actually came from Pocket Pets. There has to be sales receipts at least, something with the company's name on it.

It would also be beneficial if someone knows someone who does have access to (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets's "members only" areas who could relay the information, to see exactly how much of it is inaccurate and harmful.

Also, if these people are giving medical advice for sick gliders over the telephone, or even through their website, isn't that illegal, especially if they aren't licensed vets?

Anyway, I'd love to help anyone interested in actually pursuing this.

~Bryan
----------------
Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: BKaylor74] #566551
06/09/08 03:13 PM
06/09/08 03:13 PM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Missouri
Well not sure but someone was selling in joplin this weekend at a fair site and thinking it maybe (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets again .They apparently had the gliders out in the heat and sun so Im sure we will be having more victims from them these coming weeks.A member of our yahoo group posted about them being sold this past weekend.

Having Faith and Hope that some day soon.That all the world will come to see that all of gods babies deserve love and affection.

gangel My little three precious angels :rbridge:

http://suggieshack.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=login

Mom to some really spoiled little ones.

:rtmo:
:leu:
:grey:

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: tammyangel] #566583
06/09/08 03:52 PM
06/09/08 03:52 PM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Hey Bryan, there is actually a movement under way to methodically and legally get these guys shut down for good. It's called the mill breeder project. thefotokat, LSardou and a few others are compiling information provided by veterinarians and first hand accounts from people all across the country.

It has to be factual information and be verifiable. Now that the festival season is kicking into high gear, it won't be long before the stories come pouring in I'm sure!

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #566650
06/09/08 05:25 PM
06/09/08 05:25 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Here is a link to the web site where you can register and become a part of the mill breeder Project. Thank you for posting your concerns, we can use all the help we can get.
SESG

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: LSardou] #568135
06/11/08 05:47 PM
06/11/08 05:47 PM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Thanks Linda, I can never get it when I need it.

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #568307
06/11/08 09:56 PM
06/11/08 09:56 PM

J
jkeithh1969
Unregistered
jkeithh1969
Unregistered
J

I sure wish I had known about this site. I bought 2 sugar gliders from them 2 weeks ago.... so far no problems but I definitely have a lot of reading to do on here since I have been going by there advice.

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #568316
06/11/08 10:25 PM
06/11/08 10:25 PM

M
MagicMan
Unregistered
MagicMan
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By: jkeithh1969
I sure wish I had known about this site. I bought 2 sugar gliders from them 2 weeks ago.... so far no problems but I definitely have a lot of reading to do on here since I have been going by there advice.

Thats alright!!! laugh You will find several people on here have gotten gliders from them. The important thing to remember is that you are here now and you couldnt be in a better place! There is a ton of info on here. If you would like, I can PM some links you may find useful. That way you can get off to a great start here on GC and find out learn a ton of useful things that can benefit both you and your little fuzzbuttz!!! Let me know!! thumb

Re: perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #568478
06/12/08 06:01 AM
06/12/08 06:01 AM

J
jkeithh1969
Unregistered
jkeithh1969
Unregistered
J

That would be great. Thank you so much. The main thing I am wondering now is I wasted a lot of money on (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets's Glide-r chow? Is it worthless? Dangerous? I was reading a good bit on here last night about the BML and HPW diets and they sound quite interesting and will probably try them both. Should I stop feeding the Glide-r-chow? If so, what should I feed while I am waiting for the HPW powder and bee pollen to come in (going to try the HPW first)?

Last edited by jkeithh1969; 06/12/08 08:43 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024