Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Collecting info on PerfectPocketPets? Add this! #614888
08/18/08 02:09 AM
08/18/08 02:09 AM

C
caelainn
Unregistered
caelainn
Unregistered
C

I was first introduced to Sugar Gliders through a Perfect Pocket Pets kiosk. Luckily, I didn't buy their "this is the easiest pet ever" line and went home and did some research. We do have two gliders now, after making an informed decision. I was appalled at the misinformation the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets sellers were dishing out. A friend saw them at a gun show recently and said tons of people were walking out with (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets in their pockets, most assuredly oblivious to their specialized needs and ready to stick them in a small cage with some pellets, bread and apples. I recently wrote to (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and got a most distressing response that seemed to confirm that the Pres. is happy with the profit margin. I know someone was collecting info to try to regulate those guys better, but I can't find the thread. If anyone knows who this info should go to, please pass it on. Below is the letter I wrote and the response. You may want to go to their sight first to see the ridiculous "warning" this guy wrote about glider message boards. The only good news is that he is obviously worried about the boards impact on his "sales" numbers or he woldn't bother to devote so much space to the topic.

His response is first, then the letter I wrote which elicited his response.

*e-mail removed*

kim lyman <lymankim@hotmail.com> wrote:
Looking at your website things look pretty normal, albeit maybe not factual until you guys go on your rant about "evil" message boards and "addicts". Looks like you guys ought to look up the DSM criteria for paranoia. Clearly, if you had nothing to fear and thought they were some radical, sick, marginal group, you wouldn't bother to have some tirade about them. What a laugh you gave me with your addiction test. Do you sell animals or is your mission to save the innocents from the black hole of glider message boards. If you really want to present a healthy, accurate picture of glider ownership/care, and your buyers experience, then try posting some of the not so wonderful happenings to be balanced. Believe it or not, people learn from mistakes also and I can't think that all your owners and pets have picture perfect experiences. I'd believe you guys a lot more if everything wasn't all hunky dory. At least on message boards, even with those scary "addicts", people admit to their failures, and yes, even gliders that have died or gotten sick.

I met you guys at a show and as an intelligent consumer, the one thing that stuck out was that every concern/question I had about owning a glider was answered with a "not a problem" answer. Made me suspicious as there is no PERFECT pet out there. You guys sound like bad car salesmen. Bottom line is that being honest would cut down on sales. Hope you all make your money quick and enjoy life here on earth. Hope you don't come back as a Pocket Pet!

I came, I listened, and I left....luckily there's a sucker born every minute, only now they are walking around with an exotic pet in their pocket. By the way, have you heard that kids are real cute and easy to care for also?

Last edited by sugarlope; 08/18/08 12:45 PM. Reason: edited text ~sugarlope
Re: Collecting info on PerfectPocketPets? Add this! [Re: ] #614891
08/18/08 02:17 AM
08/18/08 02:17 AM
Phoenix AZ
C
chattrbabe Offline
Glider Addict
chattrbabe  Offline
Glider Addict
C

Phoenix AZ
Omg. How pathetic. you really stuck it to him though! Alot nicer than I would have EVER done!!!! dance

Ash
Re: Collecting info on PerfectPocketPets? Add this! [Re: chattrbabe] #614896
08/18/08 02:31 AM
08/18/08 02:31 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

That comes as no surprise... these are the same people that treatened me with their lawyers and suing me for extortion and spreading lies... all because I went to the BBB and complained about their practices and wanted some of my money back for buying a sick glider. They said they knew I was spreading lies on here and then made up lies of things I supposedly told them. That was back in June.... it's August... I guess we will see where that goes... I am not really worried let them take me to court so it can go on public record as to how they really are and what they really do... I can bring in a ton of info to other people who had similar or worse experience. Nothing surprises me... but I do believe in Karma... what goes around comes around and they will eventually fall a trap of their own misdoings.

Re: Collecting info on PerfectPocketPets? Add this! [Re: chattrbabe] #614897
08/18/08 02:33 AM
08/18/08 02:33 AM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Wow! I Love it! smile

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Collecting info on PerfectPocketPets? Add this! [Re: SugarBlossoms] #614905
08/18/08 02:48 AM
08/18/08 02:48 AM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Missouri
Well on our yahoo group this week just from the iowa citizens that are either suggie owners or soon to be.I will say there has been so much said that they were told by them and what they saw its awful.Im waiting on more crucile information as to who to contact and all that about them at the fair so maybe they will get banned from the fairs in all states may be awhile coming but it could happen if we as a community work at it.

Having Faith and Hope that some day soon.That all the world will come to see that all of gods babies deserve love and affection.

gangel My little three precious angels :rbridge:

http://suggieshack.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=login

Mom to some really spoiled little ones.

:rtmo:
:leu:
:grey:

Re: Collecting info on PerfectPocketPets? Add this! [Re: tammyangel] #615229
08/18/08 02:54 PM
08/18/08 02:54 PM

Z
Zoey_Girl
Unregistered
Zoey_Girl
Unregistered
Z

(PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets is bad! And I hope that they DO come back as gliders that belong to the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets.

Re: Collecting info on PerfectPocketPets? Add this! [Re: ] #615477
08/18/08 07:19 PM
08/18/08 07:19 PM
Ft. Pierce, FL
thefotokat Offline
Glider Slave
thefotokat  Offline
Glider Slave

Ft. Pierce, FL
The mill breeder Project has been working on this. It is vital that everyone share their information, whether it be vet records, copies of complaints or copies of correspondance. If it is all passed along to the Project, it can be used to stop these mills. We, the glider community must act as one to accomplish this. If the information remains spread out or too many individuals/groups are working toward the same goal, each one's effectiveness is lessened. Together is how we'll beat them. All info can be emailed to: millbreederproject@suggies.net

The website is millbreederproject.suggies.net

Once SESG is back up and running, there are also forums there for you to share your stories.

Please, let's all work together. The Project has already made progress, but there's still plenty more to do.

Re: Collecting info on PerfectPocketPets? Add this! [Re: thefotokat] #616017
08/19/08 01:13 PM
08/19/08 01:13 PM

C
caelainn
Unregistered
caelainn
Unregistered
C

Did you already forward my info to them? Will it help any? Should I send them the email?

Re: Collecting info on PerfectPocketPets? Add this! [Re: ] #616035
08/19/08 01:25 PM
08/19/08 01:25 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
SESG is back up and running. You can register and post your information in the "mill breeder" forum.
SESG
Thank you for your help!

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 372 guests, and 89 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,586 TEXAS
679,082 OHIO
487,164 OKLAHOMA
432,170 UTAH
321,695 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024