Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
We are in mourning, question about sg left behind #706005
01/05/09 12:08 AM
01/05/09 12:08 AM

T
txsugargliders
Unregistered
txsugargliders
Unregistered
T

First I'd like to say thank you for this board. I have always lurked on here for advice, but tonight I have a serious question so have decided to register.

We have (had) two beautiful male sugar gliders 2-3 years old "Eastwood and Westwood". Tonight my daughter and I returned from a two week vacation. As usual, my roommate was to care for the sugar gliders while we were gone.... just checking on food and water. She "forgot" and when we returned home they were severely dehydrated. I could get Westwood to eat a grape but Eastwood was too far gone. We rushed him to the emergency clinic but he passed away after several hours.

I got Eastwood when he was about 1 years old. He had not bonded to anyone and I had some trouble getting him to completely bond to me. I attributed it to too long in a pet store. Six months later, I encountered a local woman who felt her 8 month old was too hyper and so I inherited who we renamed Westwood. They successfully bonded and Westwood especially would not let Eastwood leave his sight.

Now that Eastwood is gone.... how do I handle Westwood? Would it be best to get another sugar glider or give him to a home that has other sugar gliders? Do you recommend an older or younger glider to pair him with? Or do you think I could try it alone and work with him to keep the depression from settling in? (I had a sg several years ago that died from depression and it was really hard on me)

I am worried sick nursing Westwood back to health tonight but at the same time worried that even if he gets healthy that he will die from mourning.

His temperament is a little hyper but he is also tends to be very shy around those he doesn't know. He always let Eastwood take the risks and then followed if Eastwood decided it was safe.

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left behind [Re: ] #706019
01/05/09 12:25 AM
01/05/09 12:25 AM
Sedona, AZ
ozzi Offline
Glider Addict
ozzi  Offline
Glider Addict

Sedona, AZ
I am sorry, I had to take a minute before I posted as I am tant tant tant about the room mate "Forgetting" about your gliders. I am so sorry you lost Eastwood upset
Did Westwood get to have "Closure" with Eastwood, seeing the body (sorry to be so direct)to realize what has happened. I believe this helps in the mourning process with gliders.
I believe Westwood will need a new friend, but for now a lot of extra love and attention. I hope he does alright and you can get him bask to good health again.
This is so tragic...

I am sure someone else will be along soon for any further advice.

Pat

Pat
You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.....Unknown

Rest in Peace our little sweet friends that have crossed over the "Rainbow Bridge".
I miss you gangel Boo-Boo, Lucy, BJ, and Fivel gangel
Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left behind [Re: ozzi] #706039
01/05/09 12:37 AM
01/05/09 12:37 AM

T
txsugargliders
Unregistered
txsugargliders
Unregistered
T

Thank you for your reply. You bring up a good point about his "closure". He saw Eastwood very, very sick, but he was also sick himself. We are picking up Eastwood's body tomorrow morning to give him a proper funeral. Do you think that I should let Westwood see Eastwood? He is still so sick himself I am worried that it will affect his recovery, but at the same time you have a very valid point. Animals are much more understanding than we are of death and it could help him have his closure.

Side note: I have been reading a similar thread and I am more confused than ever about getting another cagemate.

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ozzi] #706042
01/05/09 12:39 AM
01/05/09 12:39 AM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
Oh my I'm so sorry you had to come home to that. Right now your focus should just be on Westwood- nurse him back to health and then see how he is handling the loss of Eastwood. It may be a little bumpy with his recovery with such severity with dehydration. Once he's back to a full recovery from the dehydration, I'd see how he is handling the loss of Eastwood. He may just need you or he may be open to another friend. Unfortunetly you won't know either till he starts to mourn the loss.

Ñancy
~Always on my mind & in my heart Jack, Sally & Serenity~

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left behind [Re: ] #706046
01/05/09 12:45 AM
01/05/09 12:45 AM
Sedona, AZ
ozzi Offline
Glider Addict
ozzi  Offline
Glider Addict

Sedona, AZ
I am not the expert but I know the cage mate thing can be tricky. If Westwood is neutered a female would probably be more readily accepted. You will have to follow the quarantine thing initially. There seem to be a lot of glider owners in TX that might be able to help you in getting another one, or provide you with more info.

I would let him see the body. I had to do it and it killed me to do it but I really think it helped my 2 boys understand why Lucy was gone.

This is so heart wrenching upset

Pat

Pat
You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.....Unknown

Rest in Peace our little sweet friends that have crossed over the "Rainbow Bridge".
Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: jacknsally] #706047
01/05/09 12:46 AM
01/05/09 12:46 AM
Florida
BindiAndScrubbie Offline
Glider Slave
BindiAndScrubbie  Offline
Glider Slave

Florida
I am so very sorry for your loss. I don't want to give advice here as I am sure others will be along more experienced. I do hope your roomate knows the ramifications of what her absent mindedness has caused. Sorry, I'm with Pat. I was pretty angered reading about her 'forgetting'.

I hope the best for you and Westwood.

Davie

:rtmo:SpoiledRottenSuggies.com

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy - Anne Frank
Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: BindiAndScrubbie] #706058
01/05/09 01:02 AM
01/05/09 01:02 AM
Perry, Iowa
josefine Offline
Glider Addict
josefine  Offline
Glider Addict

Perry, Iowa
the nite my little sissie passed, i was just beside myself in grief, since i tried so hard to keep her alive.
i called linda from ks, & she suggested i put cosmos in w/her, so that he can see what had happened & get closure.
i did do this, & it was so heartwrenching to see cosmos go over to sissie, sit there, look @ her, & then it was like he wanted to wake her up, by touching her. by the time i had hung up from linda, i cried so hard i thought i was going to throwup. so heartwrenching(& i know there are many more like me out there). i picked cosmos up, & cuddled him for the longest time. he was still very weak & sick. to comfort him(i was hoping anyway)i put a tiny little colorful stuffed toy in w/him to sleep w/during the day. @ nite, we could see him 'clutching' @ his little toy. so, i thought i did good to think of that.
talk @ ya L8R
josefine

Larry & Josefine Vodenik
2014 4 St
Perry,Iowa50220
515/321-6081cell#
j.vodenik@hotmail.com
Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ] #706112
01/05/09 01:44 AM
01/05/09 01:44 AM
Baltimore, MD
ScootersPet Offline
Glider Slave
ScootersPet  Offline
Glider Slave

Baltimore, MD
First off, i am so very sorry for your loss, I know simple words don't help much, but it is coming from the heart, from everyone..
Originally Posted By: txsugargliders
Would it be best to get another sugar glider or give him to a home that has other sugar gliders? Do you recommend an older or younger glider to pair him with? Or do you think I could try it alone and work with him to keep the depression from settling in? (I had a sg several years ago that died from depression and it was really hard on me)

Think of it this way. Poor little Westwood just lost his best friend. And giving him to another home would cause him to lose his human who he loves and trusts. It would be a double whammy to give him away.

Get him healthy, and give him, and you, time to mourn the loss. Then you can start thinking about getting another. I also think that (if he is neutered) a female would be your best bet for smooth introductions.

Take your time hug2

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ScootersPet] #706116
01/05/09 01:53 AM
01/05/09 01:53 AM
Kilgore, Texas
Cora Offline
Serious Glideritis
Cora  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kilgore, Texas
so sorry ((((hugs))))

USDA Licensed Breeder
903-808-1142

http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm
Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: Cora] #706254
01/05/09 10:12 AM
01/05/09 10:12 AM

T
txsugargliders
Unregistered
txsugargliders
Unregistered
T

Thank you all for your kind words. Last night I had moved Westwood into a smaller cage so I could keep an eye on him. He has a lot more energy and is finally eating well. This morning my daughter and I picked up Eastwood's body. I took your advice and showed it to Westwood. It was very sad. He held onto Eastwood for a long time nuzzling his neck.

After a long time when I realized Westwood was not going to let him go, I finally pried the body from his grip. Westwood will not come to me, but is allowing me to pet him. Since he pretty much just followed wherever Eastwood went, Westwood never paid much attention to me. Now, he looks up at me like "who are you?" and is taking a curiosity to me that he never took before.

He has not gone to bed yet and I am pretty sure he is avoiding the hammock that smells like his friend, so I am going to put him in a fresh pouch and keep him close to me.

I like the idea of a stuffed animal so I am going to search my daughter's room and find something suitable. My thought is to put it in the box with Eastwood's body for a few hours to let the scent transfer.

Westwood is not neutered so if I get another, it will have to be male, but after this morning, I am encouraged that he may take to me after all and I may not need to get another. You all are right... time will tell.

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ] #706265
01/05/09 10:31 AM
01/05/09 10:31 AM
Sedona, AZ
ozzi Offline
Glider Addict
ozzi  Offline
Glider Addict

Sedona, AZ
Heartbreaking, heartbreaking, heartbreaking...

Unless Westwood is Neutered he can not go with a new male unless there is not a female anywhere around and even then...
Was Eastwood neutered?

Just keep giving him lot's of L heart VE

Pat

Pat

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ozzi] #706273
01/05/09 10:48 AM
01/05/09 10:48 AM

T
txsugargliders
Unregistered
txsugargliders
Unregistered
T

No, neither were neutered. There are no females anywhere around.

Originally when I got Westwood, I had a plan in place to introduce them and then slowly work them into the same cage, but they were best friends upon first sight. They never fought and Eastwood welcomed him into his home with open arms. I even put both their hammocks in the cage in case they wanted to stick to their familiar smells, but they happily tromped off to the same hammock the very first morning.

This may be a silly question, but this is the first time I'm hearing that two un-neutered males can't be together. I did a quick search but didn't find an answer, can someone answer why?

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ] #706279
01/05/09 11:03 AM
01/05/09 11:03 AM
Michigan
G
gliderma Offline
Serious Glideritis
gliderma  Offline
Serious Glideritis
G

Michigan
I believe they would fight for dominance, but that is usually around a female.

Lynn Martel
616-272-4374
989-400-5686
Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ] #706280
01/05/09 11:04 AM
01/05/09 11:04 AM
Sedona, AZ
ozzi Offline
Glider Addict
ozzi  Offline
Glider Addict

Sedona, AZ
From what I have seen, intact males will fight BAD, at least if there is a female anywhere in the mix. I am sure there are people here that will tell you they have 2 intact males together that are doing fine together.
I Hope they will be along....

Pat

Pat

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ozzi] #706285
01/05/09 11:19 AM
01/05/09 11:19 AM

T
txsugargliders
Unregistered
txsugargliders
Unregistered
T

Ah... that makes sense. Thank you for the quick replies. Westwood is such a sweet, shy glider, though really really hyper so he was a great match for my hyper Eastwood. I have never even heard Westwood crab. He did however go through a barking stage where I discovered he is afraid of complete darkness. Now they... sorry HE has a nightlight close to his cage.

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ozzi] #706286
01/05/09 11:25 AM
01/05/09 11:25 AM
Mississippi
KimeyDiann Offline
Glider Lover
KimeyDiann  Offline
Glider Lover

Mississippi
I am so sorry for your loss.
I have to leave my two suggie babies with a friend sometimes and I'm always so worried that something will happen while I'm not there. I text or call every night to check on them while I'm away, but I still worry constantly. I can imagine what you are going through. Stay strong and help your little Westwood begin to heal.
hug2

Kim

You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.
-Ziggy
Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ] #706289
01/05/09 11:29 AM
01/05/09 11:29 AM
Sedona, AZ
ozzi Offline
Glider Addict
ozzi  Offline
Glider Addict

Sedona, AZ
Ah, for the love of our gliders... heart

Anything we can do let us know.....Pat

Pat

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ] #706295
01/05/09 11:41 AM
01/05/09 11:41 AM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX

I like the idea of a stuffed animal so I am going to search my daughter's room and find something suitable. My thought is to put it in the box with Eastwood's body for a few hours to let the scent transfer.

I use the small Ty beanie babies- they had them in happy meals quite a while ago or you can still get some at Hallmark- they are perfect, same size as a glider and all my singles have always snuggled up with them.

Ñancy

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ] #706296
01/05/09 11:45 AM
01/05/09 11:45 AM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX

This may be a silly question, but this is the first time I'm hearing that two un-neutered males can't be together. I did a quick search but didn't find an answer, can someone answer why?

Intact males can be together. It's not guaranteed they won't fight- you don't have that guarantee with any gliders. If there's no female in the group there is usually no dominance issues. It's a very slim chance that one male will sexually dominate the other but many people have had intact males together with no issues. You've had your boys together and they did fine- it would be ok to try again, I would just go with a younger male than Westwood.

Ñancy

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: jacknsally] #706352
01/05/09 01:26 PM
01/05/09 01:26 PM
Florida
BindiAndScrubbie Offline
Glider Slave
Glider Slave

Florida
OMG reading about this morning's closure made me cry. I can't bear to even think about that day that will certainly lie ahead. I'm so sorry you had to experience that. Poor little Westwood.

Davie

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: jacknsally] #706354
01/05/09 01:28 PM
01/05/09 01:28 PM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
I add my tears and extension of sympathies to you on the loss of your little guy....and my ANGER about your "forgetful" roomie. (completely OT, I heard of a turtle having been FROZEN SOLID in their habitat during the recent ice storms here in Indiana...it just SICKENS ME almost beyond words.)

Moving on to Westwood: Yes, he is probably looking to you in a whole new light (being FORCED to realize that you even exist, if you will). And I think that starting things rolling TODAY to acquire a new buddy for him would be a good thing...considering that you would need this buddy to go through the quarantine process & all...and I'm hingeing my opinion on ONE THING that you posted: that you almost had to pry him loose from Eastwood. You might say that it's "not fair" to Eastwood's memory to try & replace him so soon...I will respectfully disagree (having been there only once before with one of my own): You can be a lot of things to a suggie, but you CANNOT crawl into their pouch & snuggle with them while they sleep. You can groom your little guy, but I will look at you VERY STRANGELY if you do it with your tongue! roflmao (hope that made you smile a little)

Honestly, I'd start a search today, RIGHT NOW. For Westwood's sake. Love him, carry him in a bonding pouch, continue to nurse him to health.....but through your tears, start your search. hug2

Minkasmom (Papillon Kisses)
Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry
Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: minkasmom] #706357
01/05/09 01:36 PM
01/05/09 01:36 PM
Florida
BindiAndScrubbie Offline
Glider Slave
Glider Slave

Florida
And ps...please still keep us up to date as things progress as I am sure now we are all equally concerned for you both.

Davie

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: minkasmom] #706515
01/05/09 04:30 PM
01/05/09 04:30 PM

T
txsugargliders
Unregistered
txsugargliders
Unregistered
T

Originally Posted By: minkasmom
And I think that starting things rolling TODAY to acquire a new buddy for him would be a good thing...considering that you would need this buddy to go through the quarantine process & all...and I'm hingeing my opinion on ONE THING that you posted: that you almost had to pry him loose from Eastwood. You might say that it's "not fair" to Eastwood's memory to try & replace him so soon...I will respectfully disagree (having been there only once before with one of my own): You can be a lot of things to a suggie, but you CANNOT crawl into their pouch & snuggle with them while they sleep. You can groom your little guy, but I will look at you VERY STRANGELY if you do it with your tongue! roflmao (hope that made you smile a little)

Honestly, I'd start a search today, RIGHT NOW. For Westwood's sake. Love him, carry him in a bonding pouch, continue to nurse him to health.....but through your tears, start your search. hug2

Thank you for your post and I took what you said to heart and did indeed laugh about the "licking". I am kind of at a loss as to where to begin. Every sugar glider I've ever had was a "lost cause". My first few were from newspaper ads of families who tried it and it didn't work for them. I found that I was pretty good at working with them with the exception of one that died from depression. I found them great homes when I had to move and they are thriving still today.

Once I got settled here, I had no intention of starting back up with sugar gliders but then I found Eastwood. He was a pet shop leftover. I went in to pick up some other stuff and he looked at me and it was love at first sight. He was older and not likely to be adopted. He was also a little traumatized from being in the "pet shop" scene for almost a year. I had gone to the store on my lunch break and came back to the office with a sugar glider in pocket smile

Westwood was from a woman who felt he was too hyper. I overheard her while she was trying to sell him back to a different pet shop after having him for almost a year.

I think that I am understanding from the posts that a younger sugar glider might work better. Can anyone PM me with recommendations on where to get one from a reputable breeder in my area? I think personality will play a lot into what is right for Westwood. Also, I've been unemployed for 8 months so I am pretty price restricted, but I know I would give up whatever I could to find the right sugar glider to help Westwood through this.

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ] #706537
01/05/09 05:02 PM
01/05/09 05:02 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
I'm so sorry for this tragedy.

I hope your roommate has a full understanding of her responsibility in this loss.

I think *she* should be put in charge of licking Westwood! Or ... worse.

There are TONS of gliders in Texas who have been rescued and need good homes. I'm sure someone here can help you find one. Hugs to you, your daughter and Westwood.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ] #707398
01/06/09 02:35 PM
01/06/09 02:35 PM
Sedona, AZ
ozzi Offline
Glider Addict
ozzi  Offline
Glider Addict

Sedona, AZ
HI,
Just wondering how you and Westwood are doing?

Pat

Pat

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ozzi] #707785
01/06/09 10:34 PM
01/06/09 10:34 PM
Austin, TX
USMom Offline
Serious Glideritis
USMom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Austin, TX
TX, I am here in Austin, and am willing to talk to you and help you out. I have rescues, and access to other rescues, too. Give me a call, 512-636-1847. There are bunches of people gathering here in about 4 weeks, so you could get gliders from just about anywhere.

Westwood will grieve, some gliders do much longer than others. He may not be ready for a new mate yet, but could be soon. You will have to judge that.

Let me know how Westwood is doing, and if you need help with nursing him back to health.

Shawna
Who are you networked with? Networking could save your gliders life. Create one now.

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ozzi] #707787
01/06/09 10:37 PM
01/06/09 10:37 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
I am so sorry for your loss. May your memories of little Eastwood comfort you in the days to come.

Please smack your room mate upside the head for me. Now I know why I pack all my critters if I go anywhere for more than a day.

Condolences,

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: Feather] #707801
01/06/09 10:56 PM
01/06/09 10:56 PM
Elkhorn, WI
CSteele Offline
Glider Slave
CSteele  Offline
Glider Slave

Elkhorn, WI
I am so sorry for your loss frown

Celeste
262-325-7137

Spoonful of Sugars-Gliders & Gear
www.glidersandgear.com

:grey: Nissa, Moose, Faye, Dexter, Frankie,
:wfb: Shakespeare, Elsbeth, Isabeau, Dartanion,
:wt: Adonis
:rtmo: Lily & Lil Aphrodite (my wht mo)

gangel Squirrel & Damien

Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: ozzi] #707812
01/06/09 11:21 PM
01/06/09 11:21 PM
Tarpon Springs, FL
mattysmom Offline
Glider Guardian
mattysmom  Offline
Glider Guardian

Tarpon Springs, FL
I'm so sorry to hear about Eastwood and hope you can find Westwood a new friend soon. So much depends on personality, but I have several pairs of intact male gliders, mostly brothers but one pair of unrelated males who have been together 4 years and never fuss even though there are female gliders in the room. So it's not impossible for Westwood to bond with a male glider. I was thinking the glider would need to be grown but maybe he'd be gentle with a young one. I've not tried it so I'm just thinking out loud. I'd put pieces of cloth in the pouch to save some of Eastwood's familiar scent to hopefully transfer to a new glider - in other words, rather than swap pouches (with Westwood missing his nest in addition to Eastwood), just put the pieces of cloth in the new glider's pouch and transfer those so Westwood can get familiar with a new scent. What a sad story.

Moira & Matty & my zoo
Re: We are in mourning, question about sg left beh [Re: mattysmom] #713900
01/13/09 12:55 AM
01/13/09 12:55 AM

T
txsugargliders
Unregistered
txsugargliders
Unregistered
T

Thank you everyone for your support. Westwood is doing well. I've carried him around for days now in Eastwood's pouch and although he is definitely not the same, he is making the adjustment. I let him roam a little last night in my room and he it looked like he was searching for his friend, after awhile he came over and sat with me for a while. It is strange to go through a bonding process with a sg I've had for so long, but like I said before, up until now, he really didn't pay much attention to me.

He is such a sweet boy. I think I misjudged his personality before. Since the woman who had him before described him as overactive and he definitely was hyped up around Eastwood, he never had a chance to show me what a calm, sweet sg he can be.

I am a little concerned that his being so docile might be some depression, but in the meantime it is helping us bond better.

I will be actively searching for a new glider and will definitely give Shawna a call tomorrow. The downside is that the vet is concerned about longterm organ damage from the dehydration that Westwood experienced. At first I was concerned about getting another sg if Westwood's future was uncertain. Since he is doing much better, even though it doesn't rule out a shorter lifespan for him, I plan to get him a buddy soon.

On the plus side, my roommate finally apologized. I think I failed to mention that she is only 15. She lives here with her dad. Through the advice of a friend, I sat her down and explained that she owed my daughter and I an apology and that her actions caused an innocent animal to die.

One final thing is that I have the highest praises for the all night emergency vet clinic in North Austin (oak knoll & 183). They were prompt to take him in front of other animals, and the vet was very compassionate throughout the entire process.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 393 guests, and 110 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,597 TEXAS
679,084 OHIO
487,175 OKLAHOMA
432,184 UTAH
321,698 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024