Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #754951
03/25/09 11:14 PM
03/25/09 11:14 PM

R
roxyblonde22
Unregistered
roxyblonde22
Unregistered
R

I love it! What a wonderful experience you had! I am very happy you were able to learn so much about such a cute animal.

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #754953
03/25/09 11:19 PM
03/25/09 11:19 PM

A
arie
Unregistered
arie
Unregistered
A

Joey,
The rainbow fish is my FAVORITE children's book. It was so nice hearing you speak of it because none of my friends ever know what story that is and they think I'm crazy because they don't know what I'm talking about. And also your picture is awesome! Drawing on computers is so hard all my drawings end up looking like scribbles

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: GliderLove] #754955
03/25/09 11:21 PM
03/25/09 11:21 PM

J
Jozef
Unregistered
Jozef
Unregistered
J

People here are very friendly and I like that and it makes me feel very happy and I like to make posts on this site because it's fun and everyone is nice to me and that makes me happy and I like it.

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #754971
03/25/09 11:59 PM
03/25/09 11:59 PM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Missouri
Thats and awesome deal there are alot of animals that are used in therapy for patience.A year ago I meet a lady and her nine year old son he also suffers from Autism and his mother had purchased two babys and her son was all so happy.Within a week the one got really really sick and died the second wasn't far off .They were poorly fed and not sure if the family who had sold them to her had taken them to a vet.
Now she was given a pair and her boy became the joyous loving boy he was when the first two were there.The picture is great and you can see they gliders made him happy.

Having Faith and Hope that some day soon.That all the world will come to see that all of gods babies deserve love and affection.

gangel My little three precious angels :rbridge:

http://suggieshack.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=login

Mom to some really spoiled little ones.

:rtmo:
:leu:
:grey:

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #754978
03/26/09 12:24 AM
03/26/09 12:24 AM

A
arie
Unregistered
arie
Unregistered
A

People are very friendly here. I find myself coming on here in my free time just for the atmosphere, because other places people act so negatively and mean for no reason. Here's a picture of one of my girls Aurora trying to make me feel better when I was sick :-)

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #755325
03/26/09 06:19 PM
03/26/09 06:19 PM
Ontario , Canada
Keyosmama Offline
Glider Slave
Keyosmama  Offline
Glider Slave

Ontario , Canada
Wow, Joey!! I love your glider picture!! I'm not very good at drawing, but I bet drawing gliders would be pretty fun!!

I am so glad you enjoyed your time visiting with Stella and Steve, they sound like very special sugar gliders, and I bet they really enjoyed their time with you too!!

I bet before long, you will learn so much stuff that you can teach Adam all about sugar gliders!!!

I hope you have fun making no sew pouches and things, my sugar gliders love them - it is their favorite type of pouch to sleep in!

Thank you for sharing your story about your day with the gliders - sounds like a very good day indeed!

Amanda wave

Amanda, Jeff&

A Pomchi named Wickett
A Yorkie named Meeya
A Great Dane named Berlyn
5 Cats Kamorah, Aiko, Mo, Peekaboo, & Alice
Someday Ill have more suggies... frown
2 skin kids - Xander Finlay James March6 2010, and Rohan Kingsley July 5 2011

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: GliderLove] #755400
03/26/09 07:58 PM
03/26/09 07:58 PM
Poynette, WI
sketchyglider Offline
Glider Guardian
sketchyglider  Offline
Glider Guardian

Poynette, WI
my little brother is autistic and he loves my little guys. hes very careful with them and they love him just as much. there is no better therapy animal

Jessee slave to:
Ender :rtmo: & Valentine :leu: and 1 non-fuzzy kid Carleigh

I am SOOOOOO happy to finally be able to have my gliders back home with me! I have missed my babies soo much <3
Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: sketchyglider] #755443
03/26/09 09:07 PM
03/26/09 09:07 PM

J
Jozef
Unregistered
Jozef
Unregistered
J

I am autistic too and I love sugar gliders and soon I will get my own sugar gliders because Adam says we are making a deposit which means you pay for part of something you buy so that you have time to finish paying for it and Adam says I need to get ready for my sugar gliders because they will be coming soon and I am very excited and we are going to buy them vitamins and calcium so that they get the very best diet and I am not allowed to feed them too much corn or else that's all they will eat and it has alot of PHO in it and that is a short name for a long word and the other one is CAL for calcium and everything my sugar gliders eat must have more CAL than PHO or else they will get very sick and I do not want them to get very sick so they must always have enough CAL in their bodies but PHO is actually important too, but CAL is just a bit more important.

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #755448
03/26/09 09:11 PM
03/26/09 09:11 PM

S
shann0n
Unregistered
shann0n
Unregistered
S

That's great that you're getting your gliders!! I'm sure you will be a wonderful suggie parent!

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #755464
03/26/09 09:27 PM
03/26/09 09:27 PM

J
Jozef
Unregistered
Jozef
Unregistered
J

When we get them I will wait for them to wake up and I will take pictures of them but I must not use the flash or I might scare them or hurt their eyes so I will take pictures without the flash but they will turn out okay and I will show everyone my new sugar gliders and I will be very happy.

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #755483
03/26/09 09:40 PM
03/26/09 09:40 PM
Upstate, SC
SariYappa Offline
Serious Glideritis
SariYappa  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Upstate, SC
Dear Joey,
I am so happy you had such a wonderful journey learning about, and meeting Sugar Gliders! You made a wonderful picture, and used your imagination to make something special (a sugar glider) even more special! I know your Suggie in the picture likes to give you a ride. Did you know that female sugar gliders give their own children a ride on their back?? And, did you know their children are called "Joeys" because they are marsupials? Look how much you have in common! You both are named Joey, and you are both so sweet!!!
I will be looking forward to meeting you and your suggies in pictures.
Now that you have a deposit down on your suggies, you have time to make some more no-sew pouches and toys, and to get Adam used to the idea that he will be helping A LOT, and needs to stop screaming when they glide! roflmao roflmao

Welcome to Glider Central, and I hope your journey with your new pets will be forever bonding! smile

*Whatever I said, I said it with a Smile*

wave Sari

:grey:Sugar:grey:Nibbles:grey:Destiny

Rapid Runner *Sold Out!

Suggie Smart Mart *Home of The Hippie Pouch & Suggie Chandelier
Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #755490
03/26/09 09:43 PM
03/26/09 09:43 PM

N
Nurturingnest
Unregistered
Nurturingnest
Unregistered
N

Joey I am so excited that you put a deposit on your gliders. You must be so excited! Now you have to think of names. Are you getting boys or girls?

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #755518
03/26/09 10:06 PM
03/26/09 10:06 PM

J
Jozef
Unregistered
Jozef
Unregistered
J

I did not know that baby sugar gliders were called joeys but I am called Joey and when I was little my mama called me little kangaroo because a kangaroo baby is a joey too and some day I want to see a baby sugar glider get a ride from his mama but I do not want to have baby sugar gliders because I only want two sugar gliders because they need alot of attention and I only have enough for two I think because they have energy like my brother Josh and he needs extra love and attention too and if there were more than one Josh it would be very hard to take care of them both so I only want two sugar gliders so that they get extra love just like Josh. My sugar gliders are boys and they are called Snowy and Wilson Junior but I am going to call them bible names because my name is a bible name and so is Adam's and Josh's so I think my sugar gliders should have bible names too and I have a list of bible names that I like because they are uniqe and special just like us and this is my list of names and Adam helped me put it together and I cannot pick which names I like the very best because there are so many.

Adriel
Ashbel
Asher
Asiel
Azel
Azrel
Azriel
Eliab
Eliud
Esli
Haziel
Hazo
Ibri
Jamin
Jeriel
Jesse
Jezreel
Josiah
Levi
Malchiel
Mered
Oren
Raphael
Shaul
Sidon
Simeon
Tobias
Tobiel
Zebadiah
Zechariah
Zichri
Zuriel

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #755523
03/26/09 10:20 PM
03/26/09 10:20 PM
Houston, Texas
gliderboy4life Offline
Glider Guardian
gliderboy4life  Offline
Glider Guardian

Houston, Texas
Hi Joey,

The boys you are getting are sooooo sweet. I work with The Pet Glider, and would have brought them home if I had the space. I think the names Levi and Simeon would fit them perfectly! I know you will LOVE the boys when you get them!

Congratulations!

Tyler Cleckley
www.GliderBoyGliders.com
Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: gliderboy4life] #755526
03/26/09 10:21 PM
03/26/09 10:21 PM
Houston, Texas
gliderboy4life Offline
Glider Guardian
gliderboy4life  Offline
Glider Guardian

Houston, Texas
By the way Joey, we use flashes in all of our pictures and it doesn't bother them!

Tyler Cleckley
www.GliderBoyGliders.com
Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: gliderboy4life] #755540
03/26/09 10:45 PM
03/26/09 10:45 PM

7glider7
Unregistered
7glider7
Unregistered

Hi Joey,

How excited you've put a deposit on the boys! If the boys are brothers, they will probably get along just fine. However, sometimes two boy gliders will start to fight when they are adults, sort of like how you fight with siblings sometimes, except that it can get serious. If this starts to happen, you might have to neuter one or both of the boys. But this isn't a for sure thing. You can sort of play it by ear. Often times brothers will get along OK as long as there aren't girl sugar gliders around to fight over.

I'm impressed with your research of Ca (Calcium) and P (Phosphorus). That's chemistry! I remember you mentioned you are 14, and many people don't learn chemistry until late in high school or even college. Good for you, you are doing great research thumb

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #755559
03/26/09 11:23 PM
03/26/09 11:23 PM
Chicago Suburbs, IL
GliderGrrrL Offline
Glider Guardian
GliderGrrrL  Offline
Glider Guardian

Chicago Suburbs, IL
I am so happy to hear that you have placed a deposit on 2 boys. They are such a blessing. I like the names Levi and Jesse (easy to say and remember). You are going to be such a great parent to them.

Nicole
Mommy to
A spoiled Yorkie, Lexi
2 very spoiled Fuzbutts: Delilah & Nemo
Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: GliderGrrrL] #755619
03/27/09 01:30 AM
03/27/09 01:30 AM

J
Jozef
Unregistered
Jozef
Unregistered
J

Tyler I have a brother named Tyler and he is one year old and he is the only little kid who does not bug me because he asks before he grabs my stuff and he is from Russia but you couldn't tell unless you knew that before and Russia is a place where there are so many babies that they are everywhere so sometimes people from here go over there to take some babies back with them so that they don't have too many and that's where Tyler came from but he does not know that because he is too little to know that and I don't think he remembers. Since you know the gliders in person I think I will name them Levi and Simeon because I like those names and because they fit them and I like that. We did not put the money in the mailbox yet because tomorrow we will go to the bank and get some money and then we take the money to the mailman and the mailman will turn it into a ticket and then we put the ticket in the mailbox and then it will go all the way to Texas and that's where the sugar gliders live and once they get the money, they will keep the sugar gliders until we send the other half and we can't send the other half yet because it is still at IRS and IRS is a place where they take your money and spend it on things but then they give you some back later to thank you for it so we are waiting for the thank-you money from IRS but Lisa promised me it will be here soon and once it gets here we will send it and then GUESS WHAT the sugar gliders get to fly on a plane and I have never been on a plane but I would love it unless my ears popped because that makes me very upset but Adam says the sugar gliders will not mind because they are used to being up high and they will probably sleep the whole way and while they are on the plane we have to DRIVE REALLY FAST and we have to go to Cities and I do not like it there because it is very noisy and it makes me feel afraid and there are alot of people and the cars drive at 75 MPH and that is very very fast and it frightens me and you can't stop the car or you will cause a big clog on the road so if you have to go pee you have to hold it for a really long time before the car stops and there are tunnels and flashing lights and strangers everywhere and it makes me afraid but it will be okay once we get to the airport because my sugar gliders will be just as scared as me so we can be scared together and that will make us all feel better and Adam says if I am calm in the car and I don't cry then we can get a strawberry milkshake and that is my favorite treat to get but I have to try very hard not to cry and that will be hard but I will have my sugar gliders and it will make it better and I will just think about my sugar gliders so I don't cry so it will be a very good day because I will get to meet my sugar gliders and I already love them very much.

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #755630
03/27/09 01:51 AM
03/27/09 01:51 AM

B
BettyJo26
Unregistered
BettyJo26
Unregistered
B

That's awesome that you are getting gliders! I just drove to the airport last week to pick up my two newest kids, Cal and Lena. They were adopted from The Pet Glider. They are very sweet adult gliders. I know you will enjoy your gliders when you get them. smile

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #755786
03/27/09 11:03 AM
03/27/09 11:03 AM
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Greeley, CO
That's wonderful, Joey! You are going to be a great suggie slave!

Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove
Gliders: Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa
Dogs: Nacho & Dory
RIP my glider angels: Nynaeve, Poppy, Lan, Toffee, Zoey, Tika & Tas

mlove

www.sugargroup.org

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: Usha77] #755798
03/27/09 11:23 AM
03/27/09 11:23 AM
Poynette, WI
sketchyglider Offline
Glider Guardian
sketchyglider  Offline
Glider Guardian

Poynette, WI
i am soo happy you are going to get your suggies soon. please update us i am exited to know how everything goes for you! i hope levi and simon are just as excited to see you

Jessee slave to:
Ender :rtmo: & Valentine :leu: and 1 non-fuzzy kid Carleigh

I am SOOOOOO happy to finally be able to have my gliders back home with me! I have missed my babies soo much <3
Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: sketchyglider] #755879
03/27/09 02:11 PM
03/27/09 02:11 PM

J
Jozef
Unregistered
Jozef
Unregistered
J

GUESS WHAT today Adam sent the money ticket for half of the sugar gliders but they will not cut them in half because that would not be very nice but instead they will keep them for us until we send the other half and they live with a lady named Priscilla and Adam says she is a very nice lady so that means she is very nice to the sugar gliders so they will be very nice sugar gliders too. I hope they do not bite me but if they do that is okay because Jacob bites me sometimes and it hurts but he is little so he does not know any better and sugar gliders are little too and they do not know any better either so if they bite me I will not be upset with them because they do not mean it.

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #755910
03/27/09 03:35 PM
03/27/09 03:35 PM

I
insaneglider26
Unregistered
insaneglider26
Unregistered
I

Aww, I'm so excited to hear that you are getting your gliders soon! I think those are great names! Congratulations!

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #755930
03/27/09 04:06 PM
03/27/09 04:06 PM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
Joey, if you sleep with little 4 inch square pieces of fleece, they will smell like you. Then you can have Adam mail them in a plastic Ziploc bag to Priscila. She will put them with your gliders and they will get used to your scent. Then, when you get them, they will already know you! Congratulations on getting your sugar gliders! Let me know when you get them and I will send you a rainbow fish for them to sleep in!

Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: suggiemom1980] #755940
03/27/09 04:16 PM
03/27/09 04:16 PM

J
Jozef
Unregistered
Jozef
Unregistered
J

I will sleep with pieces of fleece and they will smell like me and then my sugar gliders will know what I smell like before they meet me so then when they meet me they will recognize my smell and they will not be as scared THAT IS A VERY GOOD IDEA you are very clever and I think I will do that because it is clever. I ALWAYS WANTED A RAINBOW FISH because rainbow fish is a very beautiful fish who learned how to share and then he made all sorts of friends and I like the rainbow fish and it will eat my sugar gliders but not for real because it is not a real fish and then I will read my sugar gliders the story about rainbow fish so that they know that they must always share and be friendly and when they sleep in their rainbow fish they will always remember the story and they will remember to always share with eachother and they will be best friends forever and ever!

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #756067
03/27/09 07:05 PM
03/27/09 07:05 PM
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Greeley, CO
That is a wonderful idea, Joey! laugh

Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove
Gliders: Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa

mlove

www.sugargroup.org

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: Usha77] #756070
03/27/09 07:06 PM
03/27/09 07:06 PM

J
Jozef
Unregistered
Jozef
Unregistered
J

It is but I did not think of it because suggiemom_1980 thought of it but I am going to do it because it is a very good idea.

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: ] #756099
03/27/09 07:46 PM
03/27/09 07:46 PM
Upstate, SC
SariYappa Offline
Serious Glideritis
SariYappa  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Upstate, SC
Joey, reading the book to your gliders is a FANTASTIC idea, and it's YOURS! This way, they will get used to your voice, and won't be afraid when they hear it in the middle of the day (which is the middle of the night for them!).

Please understand if they sometimes pee or poop on you too. This is something that they cannot control, but the poop is really easy to shake off, and it doesn't smell like doggie poop! So, it's not that bad, but thought I would warn you so you could be prepared with some tissues smile smile

*Whatever I said, I said it with a Smile*

wave Sari

:grey:Sugar:grey:Nibbles:grey:Destiny

Rapid Runner *Sold Out!

Suggie Smart Mart *Home of The Hippie Pouch & Suggie Chandelier
Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: SariYappa] #756116
03/27/09 08:20 PM
03/27/09 08:20 PM
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Greeley, CO
Sorry, joey - that's what I meant - about reading them the book. Of course Suggiemom_1980's idea is wonderful, as well. But, I like the idea of you reading them the rainbow fish story to teach them to share and be kind to others.

Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove

mlove

www.sugargroup.org

Re: An autistic boy's introduction to sugar glider [Re: Usha77] #756149
03/27/09 09:42 PM
03/27/09 09:42 PM

J
Jozef
Unregistered
Jozef
Unregistered
J

Yes I can't wait to read them the story about rainbow fish because it is my favorite story and I know they will like it and even if they don't listen to it I will have fun because I like reading it even if I'm just reading alone and Adam says I am a very good reader because I read so much but I only like short stories because long stories make me fidget so rainbow fish is a good story that I like to read because it is short and it has a lesson in it and Adam says the best stories always have a lesson.

The rat from the resource room is having mischief and she is climbing all over on the chair next to me and she makes me laugh and I like having her over and she is over for the weekend because she needs someone to feed her and her name is Squeak and she has a sister named Pip and a friend named Liam and Squeak is my favorite because she is very silly but on Monday she will go back to the Elementary so that the younger kids can have a turn with the rats too because the Highschool has already had a turn with them but I will still get to see her when I go to the Elementary for play group and for math class.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 374 guests, and 85 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,569 TEXAS
679,073 OHIO
487,151 OKLAHOMA
432,154 UTAH
321,673 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024