Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? #795404
06/18/09 11:26 AM
06/18/09 11:26 AM

M
Missy41
Unregistered
Missy41
Unregistered
M

Hey everyone! I was thinking about my old gliders and how annoying it was to actually show them off because people would ask the STUPIDEST questions lol. I would usually just let people peek in the pouch and this is the MOST frequent question I got:

"Can you take them out or will they fly away?"

roflmao Everytime I hear that I think OMG wow are you that dumb? lol

So cmon guys share some of yours!

Missy

Last edited by Missy41; 06/18/09 11:27 AM.
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795409
06/18/09 11:34 AM
06/18/09 11:34 AM

M
monluvspagen
Unregistered
monluvspagen
Unregistered
M

"What is it, a bat"

"Do they fly?"..."No the only mammals that can fly are bats"

And my favorite:
"Do they poop all the time in your bra"...and I say back "Do you poop and pee in your sleep?" I rest my case lol

Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795412
06/18/09 11:44 AM
06/18/09 11:44 AM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
If I have them in a pouch, "Can they BREATHE in there???"
If they're in my bra, "Do they bite?"
And, after I've explained what they are to someone, they will invariably describe them to their friend or co-worker as, "Look! It's a flying squirrel!"

Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: suggiemom1980] #795428
06/18/09 12:13 PM
06/18/09 12:13 PM
Michigan
G
gliderma Offline
Serious Glideritis
gliderma  Offline
Serious Glideritis
G

Michigan
I get tired of explaining, NO they are not rats or bats or rodents. They do not fly, they glide and NO they are not flying squirrels, or snake food! YES that is the sound they make when they are upset! NO, I'd prefer that you did not touch them and YES they do bite. Why do I have such a creature? Just look at them, how could you not want one! Well actually 14 and counting! roflmao

Lynn Martel
616-272-4374
989-400-5686
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: gliderma] #795437
06/18/09 12:25 PM
06/18/09 12:25 PM
Syracuse, NY
Kiiru Offline
Glider Addict
Kiiru  Offline
Glider Addict

Syracuse, NY
roflmao Great topic! I never take my guys out and about with me because quite frankly...a bonding pouch just doesn't look normal! ^^ And if I do decide to bring them, people look at me funny because I have a pouch across my chest with it on my hip and my hand on it so it doesn't swing.

I've heard things like "Do they drink blood since they're nocturnal?" "Ewww!! Why would you want to own rats?" "What are those? Mice?" (yes...that's with the pouch opened up)

No...but really. If I do bring them with me, I make it a point to talk to "myself." Like, I was checking out at Walmart and this guy was trying to see what I had...well, turns out that he was parked next to our car! So, as I was walking by, I felt movement in the pouch and said kind of loudly "UH OH! We have a wiggler!! It's ok, cutie." roflmao The look on his faaaaaaaace was amazing. I didn't even realize I did it so I quickly held up the pouch and looked in the screen window and said "whatcha doin, girlie?" roflmao

-Nicole
2 doves,1 dog,and 5 gliders...
* Yin and Yang
* Razzle, Tictac, and Kitkat - "The trio"
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: gliderma] #795438
06/18/09 12:27 PM
06/18/09 12:27 PM
Williamsburg, Ohio
Zuki_Mom Offline
Glider Lover
Zuki_Mom  Offline
Glider Lover

Williamsburg, Ohio
My favorite one is "Is it real?!" yes my gliders ARE real, they are alive. Their normal response is "Oh, I thought it was one of them new animatronic things" Ugh lol

Tiffany

Glider mom to:
Nami, Zizi, Xavier, Askr, Gio, & Alice

Also mom to:
1 Dog-Evie
2 Cats-Apollo and Morpheous
2 Beautiful Skin Kids
angel For all my lost angels, Mom loves you angel
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: Zuki_Mom] #795451
06/18/09 12:38 PM
06/18/09 12:38 PM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Ohio
I hate when people ask: "Is that a rat?!"

I had Gollum with me at the movie store the other day and he had his head peeking out of my shirt, which, of course, drew a couple people's attention, lol. I was more then happy to bring him out and show him to them, but it irritated me when they asked if my beautiful boy was a rat! tant

Does this look like a RAT to you?!

Last edited by LSardou; 06/18/09 12:52 PM. Reason: edited

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: Zuki_Mom] #795458
06/18/09 12:46 PM
06/18/09 12:46 PM

A
AmyLynn
Unregistered
AmyLynn
Unregistered
A

When I take my girls out with me. I talk to them and people look at me funny and ask me "what do you have in there?" And I tell them and they say "what is that?" and I explain and show them. Then they go on to say something stupid like "Oh a flying rat" shakehead or some people get real scared of them or some want to touch them. But I tell them you can look but you can not touch. They bite!! And I go on about hard they are to take care of when I hear them say "Oh I want one" Yeah ok just a minute ago you did not even know they existed.

Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795505
06/18/09 02:20 PM
06/18/09 02:20 PM

C
Chelsie
Unregistered
Chelsie
Unregistered
C

I was buying baby links for the cage at a second hand baby store when someone was listening to my conversation and over heard me say they were for the gliders. She turned and looked at me and said " you have sugar gliders?: I said yes and she said to me " Ewww those are ugly and nasty". I looked at her and couldnt stop myself I said " maybe people thing your ugly and nasty.. but I am sure someone loves you"...

After it was said I felt bad.. but I coudlnt help it... those are my children she was talking about...

Sometimes my mouth gets the best of me.. I guess...

Just had to share.. smile People say some off the wall things when it comes to gliders!!!

Last edited by Chelsie; 06/18/09 02:20 PM.
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795506
06/18/09 02:22 PM
06/18/09 02:22 PM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

Oh my all time favorite...

"What's a marsupial??"

Are they kidding me?

Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795508
06/18/09 02:24 PM
06/18/09 02:24 PM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

Oh and another thing...they are sugar GLIDERS...so NO...they can't fly...if so, they'd be called sugar FLYERS!

Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795509
06/18/09 02:27 PM
06/18/09 02:27 PM
Syracuse, NY
Kiiru Offline
Glider Addict
Kiiru  Offline
Glider Addict

Syracuse, NY
roflmao Omg...Chelsie, that's amazing! sounds like something I'd do.

One of my customers asked what type of pets I have so I told him. He was all "ohhh!!! Sugar gliders!!! I've heard of them!!" so I said "really? You really know what they are?" "Ya...they're a type of dog, right?" =X

-Nicole
2 doves,1 dog,and 5 gliders...
* Yin and Yang
* Razzle, Tictac, and Kitkat - "The trio"
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: Kiiru] #795510
06/18/09 02:30 PM
06/18/09 02:30 PM
Phoenix AZ
C
chattrbabe Offline
Glider Addict
chattrbabe  Offline
Glider Addict
C

Phoenix AZ
"Do they really fly?"

My response? "do they look like a bird"

Ash
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: chattrbabe] #795528
06/18/09 02:53 PM
06/18/09 02:53 PM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

I would have to agree with Connie, "Can they breath in there?" (Meaning the bonding pouch.) I generally say yes. But what I REALLY want to say is, "No, I'm hoping to kill the tiny creature I go through the trouble of carrying around with me in a special pouch! You know, I don't wanna miss the blessed event!" UGH!

Something else that bugs the snot out of me... "What's in that bag you're carrying???" Do any of us run around asking other people what they carry in the various purses, wallets, totes and bags they carry????? What makes perfect strangers think it is okay to question someone about what they are carrying on their person??? It really strikes me as nosy and quite invasive of my privacy...

Other than that I don't really mind the questions. If I don't feel like answering questions when someone starts to wiggle or crab, I leave them at home. LOL

Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795548
06/18/09 03:10 PM
06/18/09 03:10 PM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
LOL I almost fell out of my chair! this is sooo funny!
I love rubbing Arwen when she is sleeping between my boobs! such funny looks. A person asked "what's in there? some animal" and I said "no just me"
I dont like when everyone has to crowd around and stick their face close buy and wonder why I ask them to to step back. so I stuck my face up close to someone and grinned real big and said real loud "does THIS frighten YOU?"
I have finally gotten to the point I dont open the pouch or show Arwen off (she REALLY doesnt like it) I show pictures of her instead. I told one woman "I dont bring her out of the house for YOU, I bring her out for US" (meaning me and Arwen of course)
One woman wanted to touch her and I said "no I dont know where you have been"
Honestly...I like to show her to people who act as those they are truly interested and not that kind of interest people have when they see an accident or something. I like to educate people about them...but I dont like exposing her to risk either (ie: someone who may be ill)
stupidest question: too many to list

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795553
06/18/09 03:16 PM
06/18/09 03:16 PM

K
K

most annoying hmm. i would have to go with "is it a bat, rat flying squirrel"?
I have had mine for over 2 years now and my parents still refer to them as "do you still have the RATS" no mum but i do have sugar gliders.
and Chelsie? I don't blame you one bit. it is a huge pet peeve of mine when people say something rude and hurtful to me or about my kids, furkids or family, and yet think *I* am still obligated to be polite to *them*.

Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795565
06/18/09 03:28 PM
06/18/09 03:28 PM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Karma
it is a huge pet peeve of mine when people say something rude and hurtful to me or about my kids, furkids or family, and yet think *I* am still obligated to be polite to *them*.

I fully relate to this one! Someone at work makes a bad remark about them but then when I repeat the remark and insert the name of their pet they think I have just committed a a huge sin!
I get really tired of people expecting me to think like they do but I dont see them trying to think like me! LOL wouldnt THAT be scary hahahaha
AH I GOT IT THE STUPIDEST QUESTION!!!!

I swear on a stack of Bibles in front of GOD himself this person really said this!!!
I am in this discovery learning type store. You know the kind of store that teachers get alot of toys and other supplies from and everything is really over priced...well I am buying "supplies" for my gliders to make toys and a cashier asks me if I am a teacher, I say "No, I am buying this to make toys for my sugar glider" then I show her the pouch under my shirt and explain she is in there and sleeping, they are nocturnal, marsupials and they come from Australia, blah blah blah and she says ***drum roll please*** "Oh is that like one of those sea monkeys? we might sell them here" ummmmm yeah ok right sure they are and those sea monkeys are TINY LITTLE BRINE SHRIMP? or little tiny monkeys you can carry in a cloth pouch? and who would want to? fine then, I was OUTA THERE!
LOL

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: JillMarie] #795566
06/18/09 03:37 PM
06/18/09 03:37 PM

K
K

I can not believe she actually said that! oh wow. that is terribly sad. on the bright side that means she won't want one as a pet lol

Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795568
06/18/09 03:40 PM
06/18/09 03:40 PM

J
Juanita
Unregistered
Juanita
Unregistered
J

I would have to say the most annoying question for me would be are they RATS! Ugh seriously why would I want a rat in my shirt! When I first brought my babies around family members they were all like omg its a rat, no its a rat that flies, no its a flying squirrel, or they come from bats! Really bats???

Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795574
06/18/09 03:47 PM
06/18/09 03:47 PM

S
shar0na
Unregistered
shar0na
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted By: Juanita
I would have to say the most annoying question for me would be are they RATS! Ugh seriously why would I want a rat in my shirt! When I first brought my babies around family members they were all like omg its a rat, no its a rat that flies, no its a flying squirrel, or they come from bats! Really bats???

Hey now, my rats enjoy being in my shirt roflmao roflmao

My boyfriend's family calls the suggies the "pencil sharpeners" because of the crabbing shakehead

I think the stupidest question I get asked, not just in regards to the suggies but all my babies is: "Does it bite?" Well.. they have teeth, so they have the ability.

Last edited by shar0na; 06/18/09 03:48 PM. Reason: can't spell
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795603
06/18/09 04:51 PM
06/18/09 04:51 PM

C
Critteromine
Unregistered
Critteromine
Unregistered
C

My part of the country must be very different. Most people around here are too afraid to ask what's in the pouch. I think they think its some kind of medical thing. That's fine with me though. I love showing them off to people who are genuinely curious but respectful. It's the ignorant ones that drive me crazy.

Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795612
06/18/09 05:18 PM
06/18/09 05:18 PM
Cornersville TN I'M HOME :)
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Cornersville TN I'M HOME :)
I have a few friends and family that ask "When we having glider on a stick?" Now I can tell you that one P's me off.

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

My runaways 4/04 Lilo, 5/04 Dash & Angel

angel Sprite Says GO STEALTH!! at
AtticWorx
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795619
06/18/09 05:27 PM
06/18/09 05:27 PM

G
GnG
Unregistered
GnG
Unregistered
G

They stupidest question..bar none was:

why do you have them? what do you do with them? I mean what do they do????

ummm they are pets.. lol.. like a fish, dog, cat, etc.... you dont expect them to do anything but love you.. and even that you have to earn just like any animal.. god I really do NOT like people sometimes..

I always get rude people though.. why would you be rude about someones pet when they OBVIOUSLY love their pet?? I wouldnt think of walking up to someones dog or cat and going OMG that is the fugliest animal ive ever seen!! RUDE!

Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: cyndiekb] #795624
06/18/09 05:37 PM
06/18/09 05:37 PM

J
Juanita
Unregistered
Juanita
Unregistered
J

I know what you mean. Haha My best friend likes to get me mad and she likes to make fun of my chi pom Juicy and recently she just started makin fun of my suggies. Callin them rats and stuff.

Last edited by LSardou; 06/18/09 07:22 PM. Reason: edited
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795649
06/18/09 06:47 PM
06/18/09 06:47 PM

G
gliderfan97
Unregistered
gliderfan97
Unregistered
G

Well, whenever my friend is over and somebody else comes too, they might ask, "What is it???" and then my friend will say, "It's a flying rat!" It gets pretty annoying tounge Another annoying thing to here is, "AHH! Is it going to fly to me and bite me?!"

Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795665
06/18/09 07:31 PM
06/18/09 07:31 PM

P
PrincessGizi
Unregistered
PrincessGizi
Unregistered
P

Wow alot of these made me LMAO. I can't believe people are so dumb..wait actually I can.

Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: ] #795672
06/18/09 08:16 PM
06/18/09 08:16 PM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
as they stick thier hand or finger in the pouch "Does it bite" ...well I guess we will see in about half a second if it does nor not since you fail to ask BEFORE putting your hand in...lol...cause yeah, if you startle them, they will bite you...so good luck!

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru
Tortoise: Vork
Cats: Scooby, Swiper, Zero, Dinah & Sykes
Suggies: Meeko, Willow & Nemo; Rei, Rafiki & Rajah; Opal, Lily & Link; Tael, Tatl & Navi; Kristoff Krabbs & Crabby Patty
:rbridge: Fern, Cjarsa, Syfka, Icarus, Ivy, Howie & Gracie

www.cinnamonstix-n-sugar.com
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: cinnamonstix] #795685
06/18/09 08:50 PM
06/18/09 08:50 PM
Red Oak Texas
anjill_tree Offline
Glider Guardian
anjill_tree  Offline
Glider Guardian

Red Oak Texas
I work in medical field, and I take all my single gliders (2)to work with me, I have been asked " ohhh what is the matter with you? I said, "Nothing, why?" :sick: "well you have a heart monitor in there right? "( the pouche ) heart tee heee. No I have a suger glider. " A sugar what? " First thing I say is don't put your finger in there, they might bite ( they don't bite , but the person doesn't know that ) jump ANything I dislikek more is when a stranger tries to put their hands in my pouche !!!! exclamation

Cathy Hart

Support Aspergers and Autism Research, help put the pieces together.
www.hartlandsugargliders.com
cathyhart2texas@yahoo.com
469-964-4152
Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: anjill_tree] #795732
06/18/09 10:16 PM
06/18/09 10:16 PM

N
Nurturingnest
Unregistered
Nurturingnest
Unregistered
N

These are funny

I don't have too many annoying questions but I have a good story

I was at Lowes buying PVC and such, I had taken my twins pouch off and set it down in my purse so I wouldn't bump them

At check out the guy bumped the cart kind of hard and jostled my purse that was sitting in the baby seat

The girls started crabbing really loudly and the cashier asked me if that was my cell phone

I said yep and just laughed

Someday I'm going to record the crabbing and use it as a ringtone

Re: Most annoying question ppl ask about gliders?? [Re: anjill_tree] #795744
06/18/09 10:26 PM
06/18/09 10:26 PM

P
Peeka
Unregistered
Peeka
Unregistered
P

My parents call them "rats" and it drives me crazy, atleast my boyfriends parents get it somewhat close and call them "sugar sliders" because Jade likes to slide down the stairway banister in their house.

The most annoying thing on earth is the people that think its okay to stick their finger right into the pouch before asking. My dad has not grasped the concept of not sticking his hand in the pouch yet... frown

And the other most annoying question is "why would you want them?" Well, lets see here,
1. They are adorable
2. Each glider is individual and has its own personality and quirks
3. They provide unconditional love
4. And besides, glider people are awesome. I mean who else and walk around with a third boob and random squiriming lumps in public and not be phased at all?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 374 guests, and 85 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,569 TEXAS
679,073 OHIO
487,151 OKLAHOMA
432,154 UTAH
321,673 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024