Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! #826475
08/24/09 01:15 AM
08/24/09 01:15 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
To start, 2 months ago one of my joeys, Arby, suddenly stopped using his back feet. They were curled up and he wouldn't use them, he just dragged them behind himself.

Well, just now I went into my glider room to hand out mealies to the gliders and, lo and behold, I find Rosa holding onto the side of the cage, shivering, and her back feet are curled up and she's not using them. EXACTLY like Arby!

When I took Arby to the vet he tested positive for Giardia. However, I already tested Rosa and her mate and they were both negative for Giardia, so I don't think that's what it is.

So, now, within a 2 month period, I've had 2 gliders suddenly lose function of their back feet(Arby was normal again in a couple hours. Rosa is still shivering and not using her back feet and I've got her with me. She's eating mealies, despite her shaking, so I'm not sure if it's a seizure, but that's the first thing that comes to mind...). I've also had 1 glider suddenly lose over 20 grams and show signs of what LOOK like calcium deficiency(but it's not) because she's weak all over and is unco-ordinated. After an entire month, she's shown no signs of progress and we're currently trying a new treatment, Baytril, to see if she's got a possible infection like a couple other gliders with similar symptoms have had. It's still too early to tell if the treatment is working.

I've thought long and hard about what I've changed over time that might have caused these problems and only 2 things have changed...

1)I bought new mealworm bedding and after I started using it I got an email from the company saying there was a possible salmonella contamination in one of the ingredients. However, the bedding was tested and was negative for Salmonella. I did, however, stop giving mealies for a while and just recently started giving them again about 2 weeks ago, so, that's my #1 suspect at the moment due to Arby getting sick right after I switched the bedding and Rosa getting sick right after I started handing out the mealies each night again.

2)We started using American bee pollen because we ran out of the Australian pollen. However, I don't remember exactly when we switched, so I'm not sure if it was before or after Arby got sick.

The only e-vets nearby either do not treat gliders or they don't have a clue what they're doing...my vet will be open in a few hours, so I left a message and am going to be taking Rosa there as soon as they're open. If she shows any signs of getting worse or the shaking doesn't stop soon then I'm just going to take her to one of the e-vets anyways and see if there's at least SOMETHING they can do. In the meantime, I'm going to call the e-vets that are within a few hours and that DO treat gliders and see if they might have some advise as to what's happening and what they think I should do.

If any of you have dealt with something like this and have some advice then PLEASE PM me your phone # and I'll call you ASAP!

There is something going on with my gliders and I'm extremely scared for ALL of them and am [censored] out! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I recorded a short video to show what Rosa's doing with her back feet: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u67/Tortiebaby/other/?action=view&current=HPIM5960.flv

PLEASE HELP!

*If you know of a vet that might have some clue what's going on or you can think of any specific tests I should ask my vet to run to find out what's wrong, please let me know so I can tell my vet or give my vet the phone # of the other vet to consult with!

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Guerita135] #826477
08/24/09 01:18 AM
08/24/09 01:18 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
Here's a video of Arby when he was having the same problem: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u67/Tortiebaby/?action=view&current=Picture18116.flv

I told my vet about it, but because it only persisted for a short time, the vet dismissed it as being from a possible injury or a "charlie horse"(for a lack of a better term).

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Guerita135] #826479
08/24/09 01:21 AM
08/24/09 01:21 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
I'm so sorry Nicole! Is there any chance that you can get a sample of the mealworm bedding and a couple of the meal worms to a lab for testing?

Even though your other gliders tested negative the first time for giardia, there is still a possibility that the eggs were not hatched to get a positive result. I would have all of them retested again asap!

Until you get them in, make sure that they are getting plenty of fluids and are kept warm.

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: LSardou] #826483
08/24/09 01:27 AM
08/24/09 01:27 AM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Have the mealie bedding tested for aflatoxins.

I'm so sorry your poor baby is having to go through this. I have my phone on me if you want to call. I'm headed to bed but I'll be awake for hours watching tv. Don't worry about waking me up.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Dancing] #826485
08/24/09 01:38 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
Aflatoxins was another thing that came to mind just now when I was talking with hubby. I'll going to take in some mealies and bedding to my vet and have her test them for anything and everything she thinks might have caused the problem.

I've got some pedialyte on-hand, but the gliders always hate it, so I'm going to run to the store and get some Gatorade instead(we live out in the country, but, thankfully, we've got a 24-hour grocery store 10 minutes away).

~Nicole~

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Dancing] #826486
Wichita Falls, Texas
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave
DirtyPaws  Offline
Glider Slave

Wichita Falls, Texas
Nicole, have them do the zinc centrifugation stool test. I know I'm spelling it wrong so I hope they know what you're talking about. But it's a more certain test whereas regular fecal float/smears can come back false negatives.

Good luck getting to the bottom of your babies troubles. heart

How 'bout your joeys you've sent home during this time? Have you kept in touch with everyone to know they've all been healthy?

~~~ Crystal ~~~

Dot Dot heart Woobie heart Isabella heart Beetlejuice

heart Blitzy&Ella ~ Twinkie&Tiramisu ~ Dolly&Doobie

heart Taaska & Sadie ~ Teddy Bear Doodle & Sasha

heart Tiki, MoJo, Ruckus, Napoleon
Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Dancing] #826489
08/24/09 01:45 AM
08/24/09 01:45 AM

N
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
N

Wow! I am SO sorry you are dealing with this! You must be about to lose your mind with worry!!! frown

You said you had gotten your bedding tested already. What did they test for? Also, did they test ALL of the bedding or just a small amount? If it was just a small amount it could still possibly be the bedding causing this. They may have tested bedding that didn't have anything in it. The contaminant could be in a different area of your bedding. If you know what I mean?

Also, you need to take your gliders back a couple of times to check for ghiardia. I think every two weeks for two months. Sometimes it won't show up in the first test or two. So when you have one glider that tested positive it's best to test all others numerous times even if they test negative. Also clean your cages and stuff VERY good so it doesn't spread. They can become dehydrated really fast from that too. Which can cause other health issues and where their bodies can't absorb the vitamins and nutrients they need. Which can cause even more problems.

I really hope you can find out what's going on with your babies! I feel for you! Keep us update on how their doing!

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: DirtyPaws] #826492
08/24/09 01:53 AM
08/24/09 01:53 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
Thanks Crystal, I just wrote the zinc test down so I'll remember to ask my vet about it!

Yes, I've been keeping in touch with people who've gotten joeys from me and no one has had any problems. Also, all of my joeys have vet checks(and exam AND a fecal check) within a week of going to their new homes to make sure there's nothing wrong that's popped up at the last minute and so far everyone has had perfectly clean bills of health(aside from Arby and his brother, who tested positive for Giardia).

However...I HAVE noticed that my joeys lately have been extremely small and I can't figure out why... Leda has always had small joeys, so I wasn't worried about hers, but then Precious had tiny joeys(Arby and Chief...they only weighed about 40g at 12 WEEKS!) and Precious is a whopping 160g and her mate is a normal 85g. Then, Axl and Adore, who normally have regular-sized joeys, now have 2 tiny joeys as well. Their joeys are both around 45g at 10 weeks.

I don't know if that has to do with whatever is happening, but I find it extremely odd.

I also had my first rejected joey(Smidgin...he's also EXTREMELY small...he's 4 weeks old and only weighs 20g) AND joey loss this month. Precious had 3 joeys IP(2 were 8 weeks along and 1 was about 4/5 weeks along. She pulled the younger joey and one of the older joeys).

As well, my girls ALWAYS have more joeys IP by the time their joeys are 8 weeks old. However, Silvara, who has always bred alot, I've caught breeding twice and both times there were no joeys...Leda was possibly preggers, but no babies(she's sick though, so she may have pulled/killed the joey(s) because of that)...and Adore, whose joeys are over 10 weeks old now, I caught mating a couple weeks ago, and she also has no joeys IP.

It's really weird, but I simply attributed everything to stress from the giardia and me having to re-arrange some of the cages, clean them like crazy, and having to take away their toys/bedding(since I had to clean everything every day). So, I'm not sure if it's from all of that or from something else...

I just wish I knew what was going on. cry

~Nicole~

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Guerita135] #826500
08/24/09 02:05 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
Brandi, I wasn't the one who tested the bedding, it was someone who had bought a bag of it from me. They had taken some of it to their vet and the vet had tested it for the Salmonella and it tested negative.

However, that was unused bedding, so I'm going to bring in some of my used AND un-used bedding as well as the actual possibly-contaminated ingredient(powdered milk).

I'm still working to get Arby and Chief over the giardia(they had it really bad and it wouldn't go away, even after 2 treatments). Once they're negative I'm going to be re-testing everyone at once. I treated EVERYONE for the giardia for one full treatment, whether or not they tested positive, then I continues a 2nd treatment for the ones that tested positive. I spoke to my vet last week about Arby still having diarrhea and so we're bringing back in some fecals from him and his brother this week to have them re-tested and, if they're still positive, they'll also be re-treated.

I've tested all my joeys and their parents before they've gone to their new homes this last month and everyone has been testing negative, but I've informed all the new owners about the giardia and have asked them to retest the joeys in about 2-4 weeks and let me know if they test positive since giardia can be dormant.

~Nicole~

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Guerita135] #826501
Wichita Falls, Texas
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave
DirtyPaws  Offline
Glider Slave

Wichita Falls, Texas
And Brandi got where I ment to go with my reasoning for the zinc test. That maybe they've had the parasite long enough it's causing other health issues. Just very strange ~ the feet thing AGAIN. And the joey weights being low across the board. Wow. You may never know about pulling them though. With all the cleaning and rearranging that has to be done when treating for parasites that very well could have been a factor.

Much heart to ya! Hope you've got a good vet on board that will take the time to think and consult if necessary.

~~~ Crystal ~~~

Dot Dot heart Woobie heart Isabella heart Beetlejuice

heart Blitzy&Ella ~ Twinkie&Tiramisu ~ Dolly&Doobie

heart Taaska & Sadie ~ Teddy Bear Doodle & Sasha

heart Tiki, MoJo, Ruckus, Napoleon
Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: DirtyPaws] #826503
08/24/09 02:09 AM
08/24/09 02:09 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
[quote=DirtyPaws Hope you've got a good vet on board that will take the time to think and consult if necessary.

[/quote]

Yes, my vet is amazing! She's also been open to ideas/theories and to talking to other vets for consults or advice. That's the one thing I love about her and why I trust her above all the other vets I've gone to!

She's also got awesome memory and remembers more about my gliders then I do sometimes! lol.

~Nicole~

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Guerita135] #826506
08/24/09 02:20 AM
08/24/09 02:20 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
Good news: Rosa is now using her back feet. She's still shaking a bit though.

I think that she may have been having a seizure...

What causes seizures in gliders? Low levels of certain vitamins or sugar perhaps?

This is EXACTLY what happened with Arby...it was late at night, he was shivering, wouldn't use his back feet, and then, a couple hours later, he was acting normal again.

It only happened once though(that I know of). Does that sound like a seizure?

Rosa was also blinking alot(not in the video, but she was doing it for a few minutes before I got the video, when the shaking was a bit worse.

~Nicole~

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Guerita135] #826513
08/24/09 03:00 AM
08/24/09 03:00 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
Rosa seems to be her normal self again, so I'm going to try and catch a quick nap(I only slept a few hours last night) so I can be awake enough to get to the vet in the morning.

However, if anyone reads this between now and then and knows what might be wrong with her, please call me and let me know. I'll wake up. I posted my phone # on SGN(Sugar Glider Neighborhood) since it's a private forum so you can get it over there or by asking someone who's a member there. Please don't be afraid to wake me up because I NEED to know what's going on with my babies. frown

~Nicole~

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Guerita135] #826543
08/24/09 07:20 AM
08/24/09 07:20 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Nicole, I'm sorry I missed your call during the night. I will be trying to call you shortly... hug2

Moving this over to Health & Hygiene now.

Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: sugarglidersuz] #826561
08/24/09 08:10 AM
08/24/09 08:10 AM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Nicole, that is what happened with one of my rescue when I had him here. We ran all sorts of tests on him and nothing came back showing anything. We thought for sure we were going to loose him. I was on the phone with MiMiJo that evening and a lightbulb went off, I had one of those wind spinners in his cage that we all assumed were safe and I took that out. A few days later he was fine, other than hating me all of a sudden. I think he thought I was the one trying to hurt him. But he was slowly being poisoned to death and I had no idea.

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Srlb] #826562
08/24/09 08:16 AM
08/24/09 08:16 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
Peggy, do you know what he was being poisoned by(lead?zinc?etc...)? At the moment, the gliders have nothing in their cages but their pouch and their wheels because of the giardia scare(they'll get everything back once everyone has the "all clear").

The only thing I can think of that the 2 cages have in common is the Landware mesh(plastic mesh) that I use for the wheels and to make Rosa and Gil's cage. Do you think that might be the problem? I've never heard of it being unsafe...Should I take some to the vet to do a swab or something?

I just tried calling the vet and the phone was busy. They open at 8:30, so I assume they're just getting in. I'm praying that my vet's in today(she's in every other Monday). If not, she might be willing to come in or will be able to see Rosa tomorrow cause she's always in on Tuesdays.

~Nicole~

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Guerita135] #826567
08/24/09 08:31 AM
08/24/09 08:31 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
YIPPEE! My vet IS in today! dance

I just called. She doesn't get in til 9, so I wasn't able to talk to her directly, but I was able to get an appointment for 10:30(that's the earliest they had).

So, just to make sure I have everything correct...I should get the following done:

*Fecal check
*Zinc Centrifugation Stool Test
*Bloodwork to check for any issues, as well as to check the cal:phos levels(if possible because Rosa is pretty tiny)
*Tests done on mealie bedding and mealies to check for Salmonella again AND aflatoxins

Should I get a urinalysis done as well?

I hope Rosa gives me a poo. :\ I'll try and collect some from her mate and babies or the bottom of the cage as well, just in case.

Am I forgetting anything?

~Nicole~

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Guerita135] #826570
08/24/09 08:53 AM
08/24/09 08:53 AM
IL (St. Louis area)
StitchsMom Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
StitchsMom  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

IL (St. Louis area)
Have all your gliders been tested for giardia? Is it possible that others were sick and the contamination has just made it's way to Rosa? dunno

I'm sorry about your babies. I certainly hope you get to the bottom of this. Good luck, girl. hug2

~*~Jenny and the fur kids~*~
>>> Sugar Glider Slave <<<
Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: StitchsMom] #826591
08/24/09 09:26 AM
08/24/09 09:26 AM

C
Chelsie
Unregistered
Chelsie
Unregistered
C

Nicole-

Best of luck today!! You and your babies will be in my thoughts and prayers! hug2

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: ] #826593
08/24/09 09:29 AM
08/24/09 09:29 AM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Nicole, Im not sure what it was, I remember it was the coating that was put on them. I am going to guess it would be some sort of lead in them. Never had it tested though.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Srlb] #826606
08/24/09 10:12 AM
08/24/09 10:12 AM

L
lovely1inred
Unregistered
lovely1inred
Unregistered
L

*fingers crossed* You're a great suggie mama and I sure hope they figure out what's going on with your babies!!!

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: ] #826623
08/24/09 11:11 AM
08/24/09 11:11 AM
Williamsburg, Ohio
Zuki_Mom Offline
Glider Lover
Zuki_Mom  Offline
Glider Lover

Williamsburg, Ohio
Last December I had a similar problem with my girl Zizi. In the middle of the night she started acting like she couldn't use her back legs, it was very similar to a seizure. I rushed her to the vet the next day and the vet told me is was a very severe bacterial infection that she had been hiding and possibly had since she was OOP (she was OOP in September last year). Before the incident she showed no signs of being ill and was a very happy healthy baby. So make sure they check for bacteria.

hug2 hug2 hug2 I'll keep you and your gliders in my thoughts

Tiffany

Glider mom to:
Nami, Zizi, Xavier, Askr, Gio, & Alice

Also mom to:
1 Dog-Evie
2 Cats-Apollo and Morpheous
2 Beautiful Skin Kids
angel For all my lost angels, Mom loves you angel
Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: ] #826625
08/24/09 11:14 AM
08/24/09 11:14 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
Well, I'm back. tounge I was running 20 minutes late because I was tearing the house apart trying to find my stupid check-book and couldn't. The vet had another appointment at 11, so she rescheduled me for 2:15. frown

That's okay though, because it gives me a bit more time to gather more fecals and some other info I was wanting to bring to my vet regarding diets.

Jenny, yes, I had all my gliders tested. The only ones that were positive were 2 joeys(brothers) and a rescued boy(who I'd gotten a fecal on when I rescued him and he'd been negative then, but he may have already had it or gotten it afterwards). My cat tested positive for giardia, so I'm assuming that's where they originally got it from since I had to leave a couple cages in my livingroom for about a week or so while airing out the old glider room(I found a bajillion grain mites in there. UGH!).

The gliders with giardia are in a different room then Rosa and I've been dousing myself with sanitizer 24/7 and before touching the other gliders(just as Sugarlover09 how bad I am with the sanitizer...roflmao) so if she DOES have giardia, then she probably already had it rather then having it from cross-contamination.

~Nicole~

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Zuki_Mom] #826626
08/24/09 11:20 AM
08/24/09 11:20 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
Originally Posted By: Zuki_Mom
Last December I had a similar problem with my girl Zizi. In the middle of the night she started acting like she couldn't use her back legs, it was very similar to a seizure. I rushed her to the vet the next day and the vet told me is was a very severe bacterial infection that she had been hiding and possibly had since she was OOP (she was OOP in September last year). Before the incident she showed no signs of being ill and was a very happy healthy baby. So make sure they check for bacteria.

hug2 hug2 hug2 I'll keep you and your gliders in my thoughts

Thank you for the info!

I talked with someone on the phone who also told me that it's most likely a bacterial infection as well, so I'll be having a C&S done on Rosa's fecal sample to check for any possible bacteria infections.

If nothing shows up, I'm going to ask the vet to let me start her on some Baytril and Flagyll(sp?) to treat a possible infection and/or giardia while we continue to run tests, just to be on the safe side.

I've up-ed my list now to also include:

*urinalysis
*C&S on the fecal sample
*possibly an x-ray as well(depending on if the vet wants to do it...if she has to put her out to get blood, then I'll ask her to do the x-ray as well while she's out)

My poor vet is going to work herself raw on the all tests and my poor bank account is going to be groaning in agony as well. *sigh*

I think I'm going to go job-hunting after the vet visit... tounge

~Nicole~

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Guerita135] #826631
08/24/09 11:34 AM

S
sugarlover09
Unregistered
sugarlover09
Unregistered
S

Omg Nicole. You are just having a bad month aren't you. I hope Rosa is ok. And yes I will vouch that she is NUTS with the sanitizing between gliders he he

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Guerita135] #826632
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

With aflatoxins, there are two types of toxicity.
Acute Toxicity
Chronic Toxicity

Acute is where there is a sudden high dose exposure and the animal/person becomes very ill suddenly.

Chronic is where the animal is exposed to small amounts but over a long period (it builds up in the system).

With the chronic, it does effect the babies.

http://www.aflatoxin.info/health.asp

Scroll down to Chronic Toxicity. It says what some of the effects can be including low birthweight, low milk production and other issues. And yes, they are discussing animals.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Dancing] #826642
08/24/09 11:46 AM
08/24/09 11:46 AM
Kentucky
nancy1202 Offline
Glider Addict
nancy1202  Offline
Glider Addict

Kentucky
Oh Nicole, I am SOOOOOO very sorry! :sorry: How are Gil, Violet and Delia? I'll be watching this to see the results of your vet visit this afternoon. I'm 5 hours away, and don't know if there is anything I can do to help from here, but I'm good for moral support! hug2

~Nancy~
http://www.derbycitygliders.com

:grey: Jackson/Izzie, Lukas/Leilah, Mizuki/Elektra, Oliver/Ava, Ramon/Paloma, Charming/Snow
Rest of the menagerie: dogs, cats, corn snake, bearded dragon
Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: Guerita135] #826677
08/24/09 01:07 PM
08/24/09 01:07 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Originally Posted By: Guerita135
The only thing I can think of that the 2 cages have in common is the Landware mesh(plastic mesh) that I use for the wheels and to make Rosa and Gil's cage. Do you think that might be the problem? I've never heard of it being unsafe...Should I take some to the vet to do a swab or something?

Does anyone else remember the problem Megi had when she got the roll of Blue mesh?

It was believed to be some sort of coating on the mesh. Possibly something in the manufacturing process?

I wonder if the mesh you have has the same thing? Maybe they have changed their manufacturing process? Maybe it was stored near the blue mesh? Don't know ... just a thought.

Good luck, Nicole.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: ValkyrieMome] #826699
08/24/09 01:45 PM
IL (St. Louis area)
StitchsMom Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
StitchsMom  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

IL (St. Louis area)
I remember that, Alden.

Re: There's something seriously wrong with my gliders! [Re: StitchsMom] #826700
IL (St. Louis area)
StitchsMom Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
StitchsMom  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

IL (St. Louis area)

Last edited by StitchsMom; 08/24/09 01:46 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 383 guests, and 88 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,554 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,140 OKLAHOMA
432,145 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024