Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
When will she quit biting? #864107
11/09/09 03:38 PM
11/09/09 03:38 PM

G
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
G

Just acquired a pair of female Sugar Gliders approx.17wks old. I make the 3rd owner in 6wks and I suspect it is because they had been bought on impulse at our local Fair and someone did not realize what they had gotten themselves into.
Before even acquiring them I read up on them as much as I knew to before deciding I wanted a pair of them.Knowing that they should be taken on at a younger age I thought perhaps they were still young enough to handle and turn into the loving and devoted pet they can be.
When I picked them up,they were not willing to let the previous owner even stick their hand into the cage. . . I have over come this for the most part.
In the two days I have had them. . I have been keeping them in my neck pouch and close to me for approx.7-8hrs aday. Throughout that time I massage the bag and talk to them. I stick my hand in and massage them. Sometimes I will even take them out of the pouch(though they fight the handling) to massage and talk to them.(when I return them to the pouch they instantly settle back in to sleep) I get crabbing that is sometimes combined with a slight hiss but that seems to be lessening.
Thing is,one of these females seem more aggressive than the other and is more bitey! The other one is more passive but does nip from time to time but nothing like the more aggressive one.
I've read that if I ignore the biting they will learn that biting does not achieve the results they intended and will quit biting. Today she acted like she might be figuring that out and that the bites weren't working,she quit for a bit today and I thought we had reached an understanding but she resumed with bites that now draw blood.
I KNOW that 2 days of ownership is way toooo soon to expect much and I'm very grateful for what I have accomplished thus far BUT when can I expect this kind of blood drawing biting to cease altogether?
Though I did not buy any Sugar Gliders while the Fair was in town I have stayed in touch with the breeder who was selling them and he warned me that before I got this pair I needed to test them and see if they would allow handling without biting and more or less told me that if they bite to leave them alone. . . should I have listened to him?

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #864117
11/09/09 03:47 PM
11/09/09 03:47 PM

N
Ninja_Jack
Unregistered
Ninja_Jack
Unregistered
N

I have a girl that bit bad. Drew blood once on a friend. So she gave me this little plastic stick.. Its like a plastic coffee stirrer..hard plastic.. So She would expose the biter. Pull the pouch sides down, no blankies o anything to hide under and gently move the stirrer close to her. She would bite the stirrer. Eventually she would figure out it doesnt do any good and would bury her head. This is the point where she would pet her head but keep the stirrer in hand still in case a sudden movement. This was for a very pouch protective girl! Within a few min, my girl has resigned to knowing she was going to get petted. Its been almost 3 weeks since that incident and I dont get bit and RARELY get crabbed at. If your girl is going in a pouch, I suggest not alloing the pouch. This friend gave me a plastic basket you can buy at Dollar general. I used C clips and put it ont he side up in the cage. I have a pic Ill show you. I can check on her easily by pulling aside the cover over it. She does crab occasionally since its rather bright but I dont get bit. I still have the stirrer on hand just in case..

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u265/tattedjoe/Amandas%20pics/Picture1052.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u265/tattedjoe/Amandas%20pics/Picture1051.jpg

I still wont bring myself to pick the girl up and I have gotten her to share her pouch with me If I put her in a bonding pouch. there is not regular pouch allowed in her cage. This is what works for my girl. Just an idea.:)

Good luck and hopefully this home works out for them,:)

Last edited by Ninja_Jack; 11/09/09 03:48 PM.
Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #864118
11/09/09 03:48 PM
11/09/09 03:48 PM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
Who is this breeder?

She could learn to stop biting in a few days to a year or so. It all depends on the glider and how you handle her.

I have two rescues that would bite and it took them around a year to figure out that biting doesnt get them anywhere. Now I get a nibble every now and then and I'm okay with that.

I noticed you live in Texas, we are having a get together this wkend in Dallas if you are close by and would like to meet some ore suggie owners.

Valorie and our 10 fur children

RIP Mary Kate
Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #864121
11/09/09 03:50 PM
11/09/09 03:50 PM
Bristol, Va
MissSarah Offline
Glider Addict
MissSarah  Offline
Glider Addict

Bristol, Va
First off, Welcome to GC! You've found an awesome source of info on these little guys!

Generally, you should leave them alone for the first two or three days. Just to let them get acclimated to their new home. The fact that they've been through so many homes in such a short period of time has probably stressed them out in a big time way. sounds to me like they're just scared.

I would carry them in the pouch and sit by the cage and talk to them softly, but I wouldn't try holding them at this point especially if they're biting. They're doing it because they're frightened. Not because theyre trying to be mean or they dislike you. lol

Again, welcome to GC and someone else will be around soon with more info. smile

Proud Mom to Princess Pim The Insane. heart(and several other babies, skin and fur.)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. Gliders have indentured servants.

:rbridge: Dexter. You left blueberry stains on my wall and pawprints on my heart. I love you Decker-Boy. heart
Full Moon Gliders
(Under Construction)

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #864127
11/09/09 03:56 PM
11/09/09 03:56 PM
Illinois
MrsBerg Offline
Glider Explorer
MrsBerg  Offline
Glider Explorer

Illinois
NO! Don't list to him! We purchased an older pair (6 months) three weeks ago. She crabbed and lunged and tried to bit through the pouch the whole 5 hours it took us to get home! He slept through it all. We were rather disappointed because they were nothing like our son's sweet Molly, who jumps and kisses everyone and climbs all over our son. I was getting bit every time I tried to put my hand in the cage for the first week, drawing blood! Even my husband was bit hard enough to draw blood on his tough fingers! It was so disheartening. Then, I found a suggestion from Bourbon to use apple chicken baby food as a lickey treat. We have dubbed it liquid gold, because the very first time we tried it, no bites at all! It only took three days and she was so gentle with her licks, and occasional cleaning under finger nails, sort of nips, that it was miraculous! In just three weeks, we can take her out of the pouch and she will lay on a fleece blanket, we think she may have been traumatized some how, because waking up in a hand freaks her out, and let us pet her and rub her. A few times earlier, she got away from us and hid behind out entertainment center, well, this weekend, she jumped on me, a first, and then onto the cage, but she did not try to run away! We are just amazed at the progress they have made in just the three weeks!

:grey: Foehn :grey: CB

:grey: Rossby :grey: Sprite

gangel Virga 9-10-2012
gangel Cirrus 4-29-2013

The Glider Chronicles blog
gliderchronicles.blogspot.com
Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: MrsBerg] #864206
11/09/09 06:45 PM
11/09/09 06:45 PM

N
Ninja_Jack
Unregistered
Ninja_Jack
Unregistered
N

6 months is OLDER? Wow.. My trio is ancient then!

Haha

Here is a link. Read through her stuff. It really does work for most people. AGain, all gliders are different and not every method works for the same glider.. but its worth a shot.:)

http://www.angelfire.com/nb/sugarglider/bonding.html

sounds like a (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets to me! 17 wks old and already three homes!?

Last edited by Ninja_Jack; 11/09/09 06:46 PM.
Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #864260
11/09/09 08:08 PM
11/09/09 08:08 PM
Illinois
MrsBerg Offline
Glider Explorer
MrsBerg  Offline
Glider Explorer

Illinois
well, I am happy to hear that C.B. and Foehn are just youngsters! :-) I was just comparing them to 8wks oop little guys, with not much history... Hey, we're still new to this and learning all the time!:-) Just know how it feels not to have that cute little guy lovin you, like you seem to hear everyone's do... And realize how quickly they can gain your trust if you just don't give up!

gangel Virga 9-10-2012
gangel Cirrus 4-29-2013

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: MrsBerg] #864318
11/09/09 09:31 PM
11/09/09 09:31 PM
Lutz Florida
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis
CandyOtte  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Lutz Florida
Please be patient with your little ones. You have only had them 2 days and to them you are still a big scary monster.

One thing you might try is leaving them in their cage most of the day so they can get a full day of sleep. Just carry them for an hour or two tops for now. Even an animal will be more cranky when they do not get enough sleep.

Get a small screen tent so you can let them explore you on their terms in the evening. coax them to you with treats now and then in the tent.

Just give them time to adjust before expecting them to be willing to play with you.

Candy Otte
& the Glider Kids
Sassy, Corky, Mehitabel & Missy
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot
Mindy, Kanobles, Elmo, & Chipper

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com

CandyOtte@aol.com
Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: CandyOtte] #864329
11/09/09 09:36 PM
11/09/09 09:36 PM
Kenosha,WI
J
jen102375 Offline
Glider Lover
jen102375  Offline
Glider Lover
J

Kenosha,WI
i had crabby one but now he`s a sweet heart! so give it some time we all went through it

Slave 2
Hubby Jon
3 daughters Ellivia(13)Hanna(10)Alayna(6)
6 Suggies: Harley/Abby, Pongo/Pracilla, Cash/Charity
4 wonderful Rescues

Jen
262 748-4128 24hr help
www.thegliderboutique.com

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR SUGAR GROUP SURVEY'S (THANK YOU) smile

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: jen102375] #864361
11/09/09 10:10 PM
11/09/09 10:10 PM

P
purplekat61
Unregistered
purplekat61
Unregistered
P

First of all....welcome to GC. You are in the right place for answers to all your questions and concerns.

now....I have two rescued twin sisters that are now 6 years old. When I got them last year they had not been handled very much at all. One sister I can pick up, pet etc with nothing happening...her sister is another story. It depends on what kind of mood she is in....she still crabs when disturbed, when picking her up her hard bites have turned into gentle nips.Does she want to be handled? Not really...but at least she doesn't have the "attitude" she used to have! lol
Keep in mind, your's are still very young and could come around a lot faster. I don't think having to work with mine for a year was asking too much at all. I knew I could be in for a long ride!
Try licky treats like applesauce or yogurt so they get used to you and your fingers. Many more should have thoughts and stories on this I'm sure.

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: MizValorie] #864586
11/10/09 12:38 PM
11/10/09 12:38 PM

G
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
G

I'm not really wanting to name the breeder because he had nothing to do with this particular situation. I have stayed in touch with him even after our Fair left town and I have emailed him with numerous "911" emails and he has been so good to help me.
Seems as though through the process of these little girls being "passed around" thus making me the 3rd owner in 6wks a CD that came with them at the time of sales has either been lost or forgotten. Had I had this CD,some things might have been better explained.
My life is so full now that I couldn't possibly make time for a 5hr trip. (I live in Amarillo,Tx. . . upper portion of the Texas Panhandle.) Thanks for the invite.

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: CandyOtte] #864593
11/10/09 12:49 PM
11/10/09 12:49 PM

G
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
G

Oh I want these things to love me back so much that I tend to get discouraged by this one's actions. Holding babies at the time I discovered them at our Fair they seemed so much more loving and accepting which I suppose is the reason it is better to try and bond at 7-11wks as the breeder and all I read on line states.
I think you give some sound advise because they haven't really been living a true Sugar Glider's life the past few days.
They will come and go throughout the day and they will sleep longer than I would suspect during the night.
The house where these little creatures were at when I picked them up had 3 small children,2 cats and 3 dogs,all of which were around the Sugar Glider cage all the time and no doubt caused the Sugar Gliders some unrest.
Thank You.

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: MrsBerg] #864597
11/10/09 01:00 PM
11/10/09 01:00 PM

G
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
G

I've tried offering Peanut Butter and Raisins as suggested by some online Sugar Glider Websites and they won't even come close to it.
One Sugar Glider did take a raisin but that didn't last long.
I'm really excited about trying your apple chicken baby food idea. I'm guessing that I am to mix this from 2 jars?
As I replied to another poster. . . I "rescued" these little girls from a home where there were 3 small children,2 cats and 3 dogs. . all of which had full access to the Sugar Glider cage and I'm sure these poor little girls didn't have much in the way of a surroundings condusive to their natural routine.
When I picked these girls up,the previous owner could not even put their hand into the cage without very very aggressive posing,hissing and crabbing. Yesterday on day 2 of ownership I can put my hand in and not a single one of them displays this behavior.I keep my hand at a short distance from them and allow them to meet my hand on their terms and they will lean out to sniff and they go about their business.
To make things less traumatic on them I put their pouch in the cage for them so that I can now handle them from the cage to around my neck without much disruption and it sure seems to be working better. Very little if any crabbing when I scooped them up to put them around my neck to carry them today.
NO crabbing today as I stick my hand into the pouch to "massage" and talk to them. Gives me encouragement BUT I'm going to let this get me too excited where making progress is concerned.

Thanks for your receipe.

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #864611
11/10/09 01:31 PM
11/10/09 01:31 PM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
Originally Posted By: Greatestgrammie
Oh I want these things to love me back so much that I tend to get discouraged by this one's actions. Holding babies at the time I discovered them at our Fair they seemed so much more loving and accepting which I suppose is the reason it is better to try and bond at 7-11wks as the breeder and all I read on line states.

An older glider can bond just as easily as young joey. Its all a trust game with gliders. Once they learn to trust you they will start to bond.

Dont worry, hang in there and continue to love them and they will come around.

RIP Mary Kate
Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: MizValorie] #864616
11/10/09 01:40 PM
11/10/09 01:40 PM

P
purplekat61
Unregistered
purplekat61
Unregistered
P

Valorie is right....it does take time. When they finally build up that trust with you it will be something you will treasure for a long long time! Just be patient.

Do you love and trust someone the first day you are with them? It takes time! laugh It's not the destination but the journey!

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #864857
11/10/09 10:09 PM
11/10/09 10:09 PM

G
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
G

YES purplekat61 I have been known to fall in love in 2 days. . . and had to work on that as hard as I"m working on this. . . Please tell me they aren't the same. LOL LOL crazy
I know that I'm expecting too much too soon as per what I'm told and in all reality,the fact that I can even stick my hand in the cage and don't get the posturing,hissing and crabbing is a milestone as far as I'm concerned.
Today I held the girls in their carrying pouch for about 3hrs before going to work and only had a minimal amount of crabbing.
On my way home from work I stopped and picked up some chicken and apple/cherry baby food as it was recommended and mixed it up in equal amounts. As I went in to say HI to the girls I opened up the pouch to see them,I assume that the crankiest Sugar Glider started her crabbing and as she stuck her head out to nip she found this chicken/apple cherry mixture on my finger and she commence to lap it up. OH I feel like I've really accomplished something and though I know it is going to have to be an ongoing process for a bit before she quits nipping/biting altogether I want to bask in my glory! dance
EVERYBODY that has responded to my initial question. . . THANK YOU ! ! ! I'll keep you updated.

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: MrsBerg] #864923
11/11/09 12:24 AM
11/11/09 12:24 AM

G
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
G

MrsBerg. . . Cudo's to you and your "liquid gold" !!!!

I tried a mixture of chicken/apple-cherry. They could not get enough and I enjoyed their "easiness" so much I could have sit and let them eat every bit of both jars mixed together but I didn't think that to be a very good idea.
I managed to coax them out of their bag and before you knew it I was able to let them crawl on the ground around me while I sat on the floor in front of their cage.
One of them did walk around my legs a bit before crawling to the cage all by herself. . .cage was only about 8-10 inches from my legs.
I finally held the other one in my hand after she too walked around my legs a bit and she jumped about 6-8 inches to get to the cage.
I can not believe the progress I have made in just 3 days now. . course I'm not taking it as I have totally conquered anything as I am sure it is going to take more than this one time to make things run as smooth as I am striving for them to BUT it sure feels gratifying.
THANK YOU FOR THIS VERY VERY WONDERFUL TIP !!!!!

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #865643
11/12/09 04:45 PM
11/12/09 04:45 PM

G
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
G

Well,it's day 5. MrsBerg's "liquid gold" is doing it's trick for which I'm relieved.
"the girls" have almost quit crabbing when I massage their pouch when I carry them around. They have almost quit crabbing at me when I stick my hand into the pouch to massage them and there is NO crabbing when I stick my hand into the cage.

Now my new question would be. . . should I be leaving the cored apple slices in the cage where they have as much access to it as they do their feed?
The last 2 nights I have provided their feed,slices of sweet potato and about 1/4 of an apple. The last 2 mornings I see that the fruit/veggie is gone but there has been little of their feed gone. Should I limit veggies/fruits to say maybe every other day?

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #866060
11/13/09 02:43 PM
11/13/09 02:43 PM

G
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
G

The start of day 6 and I know that most of you are probably getting tired of daily reports but because I feel like I'm making such progress in what I see to be a short period of time. . . I AM EXCITED and feeling REASSURED!
My question about the "girls" not eating as much of their feed as they did their veggies/fruit has seemed to be resolved. They ate a fair amount of their feed last night and only about half of the banana piece that I gave them so I'm feeling better about this issue.
Last night I heard my first barking and was truly surprised that my 2 dogs did not get up to go investigate. Barking didn't seem to last long and maybe that is because I didn't respond to it. Should I have responded to it to reassure them? Is there a specific answer as to the age of Sugar Gliders when they first start barking?( Knowing this would help me to get a closer idea as to the age of my girls.)
The most aggressive little girl will now climb almost all of the way out of the cage when she see's that I have "liquid gold" on my fingers. . .nothing that I would have thought possible 5 days ago. I can not begin to thank MrsBerg enough for this hint! ! !
Greeting the girls this morning there is NO CRABBING! They remain asleep in their pouch as I reach in to massage them and talk to them. . . again,something that I would have been able to do 5 days ago.
I still get nips from both of the girls but having had blood drawn with bites I am more attuned to the fact that nips can turn into blood drawing bites so I really watch the nipping.

Oh yeah,yesterday as I took the feed box out of the plastic bag inwhich I brought it home in,I found the CD that was sold along with the Sugar Gliders and their starter cage/supplies AND I found a book that was recommended to me by a local pet store so that issue is now resolved.

I would like to post my own Glider Central "avatar" identifying pic but can't figure out how to get there to do so. Any suggestions?

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #866554
11/14/09 12:28 PM
11/14/09 12:28 PM

G
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
G

I sure would like some feedback as to whether over the last 6 days I've made some progress with my new little girls.
If I am doing something wrong I would like to change it now verses later.

I would like to post a pic for my identifying Avatar and can't seem to find where to do that. . . can someone tell me how to go about this?

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #867602
11/16/09 12:09 PM
11/16/09 12:09 PM

G
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
G

I have asked the Board to resign my account.
I have asked help in posting my own personal pic as my Avatar and haven't received a word.
In case I'm not doing well with my new little girls I have made daily updates on what has been going on since I acquired my pair 9 days ago and have asked for some feed back and have received none.
I am feeling as though this website is for the selected few and that I apparently am not one of them.
I will seek advise elsewhere,rely on the research I did for over 7 wks before acquiring the girls or will just rely on my own trials and tribulations.

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #867614
11/16/09 12:37 PM
11/16/09 12:37 PM
roseville, mi
H
hwh4ev Offline
Glider Addict
hwh4ev  Offline
Glider Addict
H

roseville, mi
you have gotten some good advice on here, i dont know
why you want to leave the board so fast, give up, so to
speak, just because nobody responded within your time frame?
i dont get it, but hope you decide to stay.
you can contact the owners via pm abt. the avatar, i dont
know how to do it myself.
you have made great progress with your babies, it took me over 6 mos. to bond with a 8 week oop male i received over a
year ago, he was a pit bull biter(lunges, bites, does not
let go, draws blood, etc).
i do have a question abt. your gliders diet you mention
feed with the fruits and veg. what kind of diet do you
have them on, there are alot of approved diets on here.
they need their protein-boiled chicken, eggs, meal worms,
crickets(that you can get on line here from caeelin)
they need calcium supplements and vits.& minerals depending on what diet you have them on. i feed the suncoast diet which has a soft pellet and
a new hard pellet(mine get both) plus their fruits/veg. protein every night but you have to watch the calcium/phos. ratio.
check out the approved diets for gliders and pick one out that appeals to you.
regards,
nancy in detroit
p.s. have you checked out the classified, alot of people
sale homemade toys, pouches, crickets, etc on here and
they are made safe for our suggies.

Last edited by hwh4ev; 11/16/09 12:42 PM.

regards,
nancy in roseville (formerly in detroit)
Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #867615
11/16/09 12:40 PM

C
CalamityAnnie
Unregistered
CalamityAnnie
Unregistered
C

Grammie...I'm sorry you feel that way but it is so untrue!
I think you aren't getting any new responses because you need to start new posts.
I don't often re-visit old posts to see what has been happening but often check out "new" ones. This is especially true if I don't add the thread to my "watched" list.
I think there is a section in the FAQ about the avatars. I only have a stock one because I havn't figured out how to upload my own photo yet....
I think the progress you are making is good but like everyone else has said patience is the key. My girls sometimes swing all around on the crabbing. One day they can't get enough of me and the next it's like I'm the devil. I'm starting to think the things they say about moon phases might have some truth..lol. I have only had them for 3 months so I just keep plugging along knowing that someday things will all smooth out!

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: hwh4ev] #867616
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
Why dont you READ posts? You can learn a LOT from reading. I know when I was a newbie all I did was read read read.

RIP Mary Kate
Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: hwh4ev] #867675
11/16/09 02:30 PM
11/16/09 02:30 PM

G
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
G

I don't expect anyone to fit in my time frame but with all of the advertised members I would think that maybe someone somewhere could offer the feedback I was asking for.
I spent weeks researching Sugar Gliders before taking these girls on and I have the book knowledge but don't have a bit of hands on. As a new comer I would think people would be jumping at the chance to help me.
I have the girls on a packaged protein diet,using the vit/minerals that came with them. I have offered banana,raisins,yellow squash,mashed hard boiled eggs and low fat plain yogurt to which they turn up their noses.
Right now I supplement their protein diet with apple,sweet potato,some applesauce and have some Mango fruit to offer them later this week as I find they will go for the supplements before touching their protein diet.

I'm not needing any toys,pouches etc right now as it is as I told you,before starting this whole experience I researched for weeks and was prepared for them before I took them on. . . it's the hands on that I am wanting help/feed back on. I don't want to start any bad habits that will be harder to change later on.

Thank You

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #867677
11/16/09 02:33 PM
11/16/09 02:33 PM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
You need to get them on an approved diet. You can go to the diet links for that.

RIP Mary Kate
Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #867679
11/16/09 02:38 PM
11/16/09 02:38 PM

G
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
G

I truly thought that I WAS putting in a "new post" everytime I posted something. . .my mistake and as soon as I can figure out how to make a NEW post I'll do that BUT it sure seems as though I got several replies when I posted a comment in the same area I've posted on since joining GC. . .how did that work and all of the other posts I made got no responses except for my first day?
With the weeks of online research that I did before acquiring these little girls all I have is book knowledge.It is the hands on that is abit scary for which I sought help. It is the progress I think I'm making that I wanted feedback on.IF I am doing something wrong I want to know now before it becomes a bad habit that needs to be changed now verses later.
All of my research told me it would take time and I knew this when I got the girls and with the exception of the "liquid gold" suggestion I got,all I have gotten is the repetitive comment. . . Give it Time. . It takes Patience.

Thanks

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #867686
11/16/09 02:52 PM
11/16/09 02:52 PM
Illinois
MrsBerg Offline
Glider Explorer
MrsBerg  Offline
Glider Explorer

Illinois
greatestgrammie, to post a "new" post, you go to the forum topic you want, click on "new Post" and you can then post your post... Does that make sense?

gangel Virga 9-10-2012
gangel Cirrus 4-29-2013

Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: ] #867688
11/16/09 02:56 PM
11/16/09 02:56 PM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
First you need to get them on an approved diet.

Secondly it DOES take time and patience. That is the BIGGEST tip we can give you. laugh

RIP Mary Kate
Re: When will she quit biting? [Re: MizValorie] #867693
11/16/09 03:03 PM
11/16/09 03:03 PM

G
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
Greatestgrammie
Unregistered
G

I have read several posts or so I thought I had. . . even gave replies when I thought I had something to offer.
Before making the decision to take on Sugar Gliders I researched everything I could find on the web and with that felt confident to take them on. I have ALOT of book knowledge,it's the hands on that is scaring me.
Just as in taking home a new born infant there is going to be circumstances that come up that not even the deepest research will be able to address so new mothers reach out to those that are more experienced. . . . my efforts to reach out has been no less.
The advice that I've rec'd on here is the same repetitious comment. . . It takes Time and Be Patient. I knew this when I took the venture on.
MrsBerg is the only one to help my very first post by offering the suggestion of what she dubs to be "liquid gold" and it has worked miracles to help me to get acquainted with my new girls and to get them settled in with new surroundings and their new care giver/protector.
We are not anywhere close to having bonded but MrsBerg's advice has been the Main Ingredient to get us started on that and is the kind of help I thought I would be getting when I joined this forum.
IF I continue to stay I certainly hope that as my experience with Sugar Glider's develop I hope I can be of the utmost help to the "New Joey" with more than giving the same ole worn out advise of It Takes Time. . . Be Patient. I think most have forgotten their first experience with Sugar Gliders and how nervous they were and now take some things for granted.

Thank You

Last edited by Greatestgrammie; 11/16/09 03:07 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 371 guests, and 90 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,552 TEXAS
679,069 OHIO
487,140 OKLAHOMA
432,142 UTAH
321,666 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024