Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #809726
07/20/09 02:32 PM
07/20/09 02:32 PM

J
Junos_Mom
Unregistered
Junos_Mom
Unregistered
J

She is already on pain med and antibiotics. Has been for just over a week now. The pain med just seems to knock her out, made the mistake of giving it to her before I fed her one night. She kept falling asleep chewing, then would wake up chew a little, then fall back to sleep. Learned to wait until after fed to give to her. Her rear toes are scabby now, so I'm guessing that is why she is still going for them. They probably itch. She has an ointment for them as well.

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #809821
07/20/09 06:30 PM
07/20/09 06:30 PM

M
monluvspagen
Unregistered
monluvspagen
Unregistered
M

I would watch out for the bottom of the ferret carrier, that white fuzzy stuff can cause her nails to get stuck in it. I have that one that I carried my ferrets in. I do not remember if you could take it out though. I am glad to see your little one is starting to feel better smile

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #819685
08/09/09 12:39 PM
08/09/09 12:39 PM
United States
SugarShock Offline
Glider Explorer
SugarShock  Offline
Glider Explorer

United States
I just wanted to give my input, if you are looking for a great veterinarian in the Florida area, mine is AMAZING! The clinic used to be called Broward Avian & Exotic Animal Hospital but I think they recently merged with Coral Springs Animal Hospital, anyhow, here is the contact information:

Broward Avian & Exotic Animal Hospital
1730 N. University Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33071
Phone: (954) 968-7171
Fax: (954) 968-8414

Susan Kelleher, DVM

They deal with all kinds of exotics, including Sugar Gliders and are VERY experienced, they should be able to help any of you (for future reference) if you are located in the Florida area (south Florida). Also, that baby should be on a proven diet, I recommend researching BML, HPW and The Priscilla Price diet, there is LOTS of useful information on this forum regarding all three, just choose the one that fits your lifestyle best, they are all fairly easy to make too! =P

~Lauren

~Lauren Elizabeth, Mommy To 15 Of The Sweetest Sugar Gliders!~
Aussie, Candy, Gizmo, Scooter, Stella Luna :wfb:
Ceasar, Bindi, Juliet, Romeo, Sadie, Sheila :grey:
Bandit, Houdini :bb: , Rowan, Willow :leu:
Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: SugarShock] #819927
08/09/09 09:14 PM
08/09/09 09:14 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Lauren, Thank you for providing this information. I'm going to add this to our Vet Database.

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: LSardou] #820165
08/10/09 10:35 AM
08/10/09 10:35 AM
United States
SugarShock Offline
Glider Explorer
SugarShock  Offline
Glider Explorer

United States
LSardou,
You are very welcome! =)

~Lauren Elizabeth, Mommy To 15 Of The Sweetest Sugar Gliders!~
Aussie, Candy, Gizmo, Scooter, Stella Luna :wfb:
Ceasar, Bindi, Juliet, Romeo, Sadie, Sheila :grey:
Bandit, Houdini :bb: , Rowan, Willow :leu:
Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: SugarShock] #820483
08/10/09 08:42 PM
08/10/09 08:42 PM
Austin, TX
USMom Offline
Serious Glideritis
USMom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Austin, TX
Kimberly, how is Juno doing?

Shawna
Who are you networked with? Networking could save your gliders life. Create one now.

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: USMom] #960401
06/17/10 08:00 PM
06/17/10 08:00 PM

C
cory4shrt
Unregistered
cory4shrt
Unregistered
C

I have a question about cage setup for paralyzed gliders. I've acquired another suggie, this one has back leg paralysis. I took her to Dr. Murray (recommended by a member here for neutering THANK YOU) and he wrote her a script for calcium something or other. She has a serious calcium deficiency. One back leg works to help her push her way around, the other leg just doesn't work at all. She can't grip anything so can't climb at all nor can she hold her food. Her hands and feet are sort of curled up and her nails are all weird. Dr. said the BML that my other suggies are on would be fine for her. She ate it like she was starving the first night. I put her in a backup cage until this weekend..I'll have to get a BIG one so she has room to scoot around.I realized after she was in the backup that it's taller than wide. She needs the wide more. I have a saucer for food because she can't lift herself up on a bowl. There's a smaller dish with water as well as a bottle because I don't know if she's ever used a water bottle before. What can I do for toys or stimulation of any kind? She's so scared that she's crabs and lunges at me everytime I put my hand in the cage, so we're taking it slower than usual as to not stress her out even more. I started to put some "monkeys in a barrel" in there until I realized she can't do anything with them. She looks so pathetic in there all alone with no stimulation. Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #960407
06/17/10 08:14 PM
06/17/10 08:14 PM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
Oh, poor baby! Thank goodness you have her now! I'm not sure about toys for stimulation. Ask Val, Jackie_Chans_Mom. She deals with a lot of special needs gliders.

Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #960577
06/18/10 09:16 AM
06/18/10 09:16 AM

C
Carol
Unregistered
Carol
Unregistered
C

Best of luck! I have learned so much from this forum and there are so many here who jump in to help at a moment's notice - wonderful people. Very happy to hear she's improving and sounds like she's really bonding to you.

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #961962
06/21/10 09:32 AM
06/21/10 09:32 AM
Texas
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict
Jackie_Chans_Mom  Offline
Glider Addict

Texas
Your little one will heal quickly if given the proper treatment, and will likely recover full use of those back legs. I'm thrilled to hear that she was given a liquid calcium supplement. That is very necessary in this type of situation.

What caused the calcium deficiency? Did you have tests run to determine? Calcium deficiency is very, very rarely a result of bad diet and is most often a result of a long standing, low grade bacterial or parasitic infection.

Please give me a call. I can certainly help you with cage set up and with some tips to help her recover as quick as possible. I have much experience and am thrilled to report today that I have 5 gliders in my home right now who have recently fully recovered from HLP severe enough to cause loss of use of 2-4 limbs. ALL have full use of all legs now. So, please do give me a call. I would love to chat with you and do what I can to help your little one along.
Val
806-274-9177

~~ Val B ~~ 806-803-0318
Daily giving the abused, unloved, unwanted and neglected SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR SUGAR GROUP SURVEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #963559
06/24/10 12:38 AM
06/24/10 12:38 AM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
Originally Posted By: cory4shrt
I have a question about cage setup for paralyzed gliders. I've acquired another suggie, this one has back leg paralysis. I took her to Dr. Murray (recommended by a member here for neutering THANK YOU) and he wrote her a script for calcium something or other.

How's your new little one doing with being on the calcium a week now?

For enrichment stimulation, a small toy box of toys on the floor of the cage is best right now.

If you need any help or more ideas, just let us know.

Ñancy
~Always on my mind & in my heart Jack, Sally & Serenity~

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: jacknsally] #963605
06/24/10 07:00 AM
06/24/10 07:00 AM

C
cory4shrt
Unregistered
cory4shrt
Unregistered
C

Well, it took Walmart almost a week to fill the script so Wed. was her first dose. He prescribed a ml and MAN does that seem like a TON of liquid. I had to hold her in a towel and slowly get her to take it. Afterwards, she seemed so exhausted and small and pitiful it made me cry. She's been on a different diet for a week and that seems to be making a difference. She's not drinking out of the water bottle but she can pull herself up shakily to drink out of a bowl. I've been adding a little more of the fruit juice to her food dish so she gets liquid because I'm afraid to leave a bowl of water in her cage when I go to bed. I'm afraid she'll drown. The problem with toys is that she can't grip. At all. If you were to hold her on your shirt for instance, and let go...she'd fall straight to the floor. That's why I'm so lost in regards to enrichment. Thanks for asking about her, it's really nice to know we're not all alone in this adventure.
"What caused the calcium deficiency? Did you have tests run to determine?" Dr. Murray did a regular exam and gave the prescription. He wants to see her again in 4 weeks so I'll ask about testing then. He didn't even wanna trim her nails that day because she was already so stressed out. I'll post her progress. smile

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #964872
06/26/10 10:37 PM
06/26/10 10:37 PM

C
cory4shrt
Unregistered
cory4shrt
Unregistered
C

Tonight when I took her out to do meds and quality time I noticed something awesome. Her back right leg that she was just dragging around with her moved! She would scoot a little bit and then she actually pulled that leg up to her body. I was so excited! She didn't seem as exhausted as she's been after meds and when I touched her she didn't try to run away. I know it's only been 4 days on meds and a week and 4 days on a new diet but I can see a definite change. She's gained a tiny bit of weight.....her behind doesn't come up off the floor anymore when I stroke her tail from underneath. I am so optimistic right now! Her fur is matted down by her behind where she gets in her food when she's eating. She can't really groom herself and she doesn't have a cage mate to help. Would it hurt her at all if I used a wet cloth to try to clean that up? I've never had to 'bathe' a suggie before.

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #964878
06/26/10 11:09 PM
06/26/10 11:09 PM

K
Karen523
Unregistered
Karen523
Unregistered
K

Yeah! That's so exciting! It's really is awesome news!
For enrichment you can stroke her with a feather or some fleece. Let her see how it feels.
Maybe jingle a small liberty bell near her and let her see you doing it so she knows were the sound is coming from.
You could try laying her on different soft textured things so she can feel them.
Give her butterfly kisses so she can feel your eyelashes.
Make kissy noises when you approach her so she can associate that sound with you.
Show her a small mirror and let her look at herself.
Carry her around with you as much as you can. You could carry her in a bonding pouch even when she is sleeping during the day.

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #965129
06/27/10 04:49 PM
06/27/10 04:49 PM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
Wonderful news! Great progress!!! I think if you used a damp washcloth, you could clean her but make sure she doesn't get wet. Do it in a warm area and make sure she's completely dry before you put her down. You can also use a baby toothbrush to help loosen the mess in her fur.

Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: suggiemom1980] #970014
07/06/10 06:56 AM
07/06/10 06:56 AM

C
cory4shrt
Unregistered
cory4shrt
Unregistered
C

Little baby girl climbed! She's become very alert lately..more interactive..so I hung a couple of barrel monkeys from the side of her cage. Hubby woke up and caught her climbing about 2 inches to investigate the monkeys! I was so excited. He got a pic of it but I don't know how to post pics. She's using that back leg and moving around more, I'm so excited about it. I really think she may get most of her mobility back. How awesome is that?!!

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #970016
07/06/10 07:18 AM
07/06/10 07:18 AM

C
cory4shrt
Unregistered
cory4shrt
Unregistered
C

I think I figured out the picture thing.

Attached Files
100_0152.JPG (94 downloads)
Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #970028
07/06/10 08:22 AM
07/06/10 08:22 AM
Canton Tx
Their_mommy Offline
Glider Guardian
Their_mommy  Offline
Glider Guardian

Canton Tx
Hi Kimberly. I am so proud of you and what you are doing for your little glider. As many of the rest of the bunch here are.
I want to offer you 1 1/4 cups of Wombaroo powder and the essentials such as protein and bone supplements to get you started on your first batch of food for her.
I can send it via priority mail and all you will need is 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cups of honey(I buy mine at walmart) and water.
As with one glider you sure don't need a whole box of the stuff.
This makes the HPW diet listed under the food link many have posted.
And this will make you enough to last several months as you freeze it after making it.
I will also send the instructions on how to make it. If you have a Blender you are ready to go.
Just let me know ok. Send email to me at fishingwithcloe@wildlbue.net and I will get it mailed right on out..
Bless your for taking this job on as I know you are great at doing what you are doing for your little one. Many would not be so loving so know that I for one think you just ttttttttriffic.

As time goes by and my loves pass. I will forever be greatfull for the time we had together. I will see you soon my loves.
Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #970029
07/06/10 08:28 AM
07/06/10 08:28 AM

B
Beezer
Unregistered
Beezer
Unregistered
B

What part of Central Florida - we have vets that will consult via the phone - You are being so good about taking care of this glider you deserve a gold star - hehehe - I know there are other members on here that will be able to give you the name of a vet close to you -

Sue
owned by

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #970061
07/06/10 09:23 AM
07/06/10 09:23 AM
Texas
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict
Glider Addict

Texas
Quote:
I really think she may get most of her mobility back

Most of the time, when HLP is treated properly (by treating BOTH the symptoms AND the underlying cause), this is the case. A full return of function is very common. It is very different than the paralysis seen from injury to the spinal cord - which is permanent (such as with Jackie Chan).

You are still more than welcome to call me any time.

The cage that you posted in the picture has quite a bit of rust, and her tail looks pretty bad. I would like to talk to you about these things and see if we can't get you some more help and increase her rate of healing. Being in Texas also, I know that we can get you everything you need for her to be very safe and to heal much more quickly. Remember those tests I asked you about earlier? They are really pretty necessary, and from the looks of her, she needs at least the parasite screening and bacterial testing ASAP. The pattern noticed on her tail is an indicator of one of these two things. Either of these could be the CAUSE of her HLP, and if not treated, she will not ever heal fully. If you would give me a call, I could explain these things to you more fully so that they make more sense. I have a great deal of experience in treating gliders with HLP, so I am not just repeating what others have told me, I'm speaking from my extensive experience. Please give me a call.
806-274-9177

Last edited by Jackie_Chans_Mom; 07/06/10 09:29 AM.

~~ Val B ~~ 806-803-0318
Daily giving the abused, unloved, unwanted and neglected SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #970081
07/06/10 10:11 AM
07/06/10 10:11 AM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
Originally Posted By: cory4shrt
I think I figured out the picture thing.

From that picture, it looks like she does have quite a way's of healing still. Not just with the HLP, a complete nutritional healing.

I'm concerned with the cage your using, it's unsafe. Are you using this type of cage for your other gliders as well? What about the size, most of the time those cage types are no larger than a 2x1. Especially if their the one's from Traders Village.

As with what Val said, she still has a way to go and needs further testing (if not done yet) and additional healing matters to bring her completely around. If I remember right, we are local to each other, I'm sure whatever further things you need for her, I have on hand or can get easily. Don't hesitate to keep in touch.

Ñancy

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: jacknsally] #970346
07/06/10 06:25 PM
07/06/10 06:25 PM

C
cory4shrt
Unregistered
cory4shrt
Unregistered
C

Just to be clear, the cage in the picture isn't her home. She was only in that cage for about 4 hours. I took her out at 3am to steam clean the cages. When my husband came to move her back at around 7, he found her climbing and snapped a picture for me. (I had already left for work)The temp cage is small, I'll give you that, it's my emergency cage. Up until a couple of weeks ago she wasn't able to go anywhere at all, her back leg didn't work at all and she was unable to grip. Her tail looks so bad because she's been dragging herself through her food..that's the problem I asked advise for in an earlier post. Short of dumping her in water it's REALLY difficult to get it all off. The vet asked to see her again in 4 weeks which is next Wed. so I will ask about the testing Val suggested. I was just so excited to see that she actually CLIMBED..used her limbs...3 weeks ago she could do nothing. And I do mean nothing. Now, maybe I'm being overly sensitive but it seems like the attitude is more towards what's going wrong and not enough to what's going right. I know the cage sucks..It's the one my other two suggies spent their little year and half lives in when they were dropped off here. I know her tail looks bad...soon as I figure out how to get rid of the 'helmet hair' it'll look better. vet in a week. She is using her leg. She is using her hands. I'm excited even if I'm excited all by myself. Val, thank you for your number. Are you sure you want me to call? I might have too many questions. I'm close to Fort Worth so we are close and I appreciate your offer to help. I'd just really like to be able to post progress and share excitement about it without hearing only negatives.

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #970560
07/07/10 12:13 AM
07/07/10 12:13 AM
us
countrygal Offline
Out of Pouch
countrygal  Offline
Out of Pouch

us
I think it is incredibly awesome that you and your girl have made so much progress in just a few weeks. Well done. Can't wait to see pix of her once she is completely recovered. Certainly seems she is well on her way. smile

~leigh

Mom to:
Twin :bb: girls, Jade and Jasmine (Jazz), oop 4/4/10.
7 awesome show horses
Jack Russell, Rat Terrier and a Rottweiler.
5 barn kitties and 3 *more* kittens. Ack.
Just a small zoo. Oh well.:/
Angel :rbridge: glide free little one
Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: countrygal] #970573
07/07/10 01:07 AM
07/07/10 01:07 AM

N
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
N

I am SO glad she's starting to make progress! Poor little baby has been through SO much! Your being an awesome suggie mom!!!!! You are going to have such a close bond with her after all that you have been through with her! She's going to be your furry little best friend! smile
I'm sure she is forever greatful to you for all that you have done for her. You have shown her love and care that a lot of people probably wouldn't give.

I don't think the people on GC mean to sound like they are focusing on only the negative. We are all VERY happy she is making progress. I think everyone just wants to see her continue to make progress and make a full recovery. We care very deeply about ALL gliders, not just our own. We want to share every piece of knowledge we have in order to help. Sometimes it may come off as sounding negative or like that's all we are focusing on. We don't mean for it to sound that way. So please don't take that personally. We really do care and want her to be happy and healthy. We know you are going through a really hard time with her. This isn't easy on her or you. You are doing a great job with her.

Please keep us updated on how she's doing.

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #970661
07/07/10 08:29 AM
07/07/10 08:29 AM
Texas
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict
Glider Addict

Texas
Quote:
Val, thank you for your number. Are you sure you want me to call? I might have too many questions. I'm close to Fort Worth so we are close and I appreciate your offer to help.

Of course you are welcome to call. I wouldn't offer if I didn't mean it. And I know the same is true for Nancy.

As to the negativity thing - I'm sorry you see it that way. Having been exactly where you are now with no less than 8 gliders (some of whom where even worse off than your glider to start with), I know that her continued healing NEEDS to be your focus right now. I'm thrilled at her progress as well! Believe me! But I'm not surprised. Therefore, I just didn't comment like others. I'm sorry if you took that as negativity. I'm not at all surprised at her progress - it is very typical for a glider who is getting excellent care and treatment. You are doing a great job with her, and we will always think that. Please don't take it as negativity when those of us with experience are not as surprised as you at her progress. If you continue to talk with us - here and on the phone - I promise you that you will see even more progress with her. My point above was that we could potentially speed up the rate of progress IF you were to do some things a little differently - including going back to the vet ASAP rather than waiting the entire 4 weeks. Wouldn't it be great if she were to heal even more quickly?

You can find more information on HLP and treatment for it on The Sweet Spot. I recommend that you go there, read up, ask any questions you have after reading about what the first vet visit should have included (and what your next should include) and post your story. It will help others in the future.
http://thesweetspot.forumotion.net/hlp-p...isit-t36.htm#77

~~ Val B ~~ 806-803-0318

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #970714
07/07/10 10:19 AM
07/07/10 10:19 AM

C
cory4shrt
Unregistered
cory4shrt
Unregistered
C

Ok, damp cloth..baby toothbrush..didn't work. She has BML and fruit juice stuck all over her back end from mid back to tip of tail. It's like a coat of armor. I took her outside to the porch where it's hot and dripped water on her..gently rubbed with a micro-fiber cloth. It helped a little but not enough. How wet can she get? It's 90 something degrees outside so if I use a syringe and squirt water on her, rub it off, etc. until it's cleaned would that be ok? There's no way that concrete fur is comfortable.

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #970720
07/07/10 10:37 AM
07/07/10 10:37 AM

N
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
N

You can put some luke warm water in a dish. Then set her in it. Make sure there isn't a lot of water in it. Just enough to touch her belly. Then you can give her a little bath. When you are done make sure to dry her off as as good as you can then put her in a bonding pouch until she's totally dried. That will keep her warm. You don't want her to get chilled.
Try not to give her baths unless you absolutely have to. This can be very drying to their skin which can lead to other issues. Which I'm sure you don't need!
Use the toothbrush after she's all dried to help fluff up her fur. Sometimes it can look funny after a bath.

I have had to give one of mine a little bath before. He decided that playing IN his hpw was SO much fun. Lol. Let's just say mommy gave him a very long lecture as he was getting his bath! Hehe. wink

Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #970725
07/07/10 10:42 AM
07/07/10 10:42 AM

N
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
N

I forgot to add.... Once you have given her a bath then in between baths use a wet cotton ball to wash her after she eats. You may need a few cotton balls to get most of the food off. The cotton balls are good for when your giving her a bath too. You can use them to squeeze water onto different areas of her body and then wipe her fur. Once the food has softened a little you can use the cotton ball or your finger nails to gently slide the food out if her fur.

If her skin does end up getting dry you can use a dab of canola oil on a qtip and rub it on the dry spot. Canola oil is safe to use. My vet recomended this when I was handraising a joey and his skin got dry. Just don't use too much or she will be all greasy looking.

Last edited by NavyChiefWife; 07/07/10 10:48 AM. Reason: Added info.
Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: ] #970936
07/07/10 04:52 PM
07/07/10 04:52 PM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
Sorry you took my reply and others as negativity. Not meant that way at all. Everyone has their posting style & their focus on a post. Val touched on it earlier, I just see that she has so much more healing to do, that I focus on encouraging & sharing ways to help/improve with that. She's not out of the woods yet, we don't want you to loose focus on that or delay her progress.

I try to encourage along the way, but I'm more of a lets celebrate when we are 100%. Yes she's making great progress, keep up with what your doing and bring in the other ideas and she'll make a great recovery.

Ñancy

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: Adopted paralyzed glider [Re: jacknsally] #972174
07/09/10 03:47 PM
07/09/10 03:47 PM
Machias Maine
Kanga_n_RoosMom Offline
Joey Member
Kanga_n_RoosMom  Offline
Joey Member

Machias Maine
I agree with brandi/NavyChiefWife. Once my gliders fell into roach spray. I had to give them a bath like this. Even though they looked like little drowned rats (it was so pathetic) it was one of those rare occasions where it's completely necessary. I kept everything warm, used a drop of gentle no tear baby shampoo in the water. Rinsed and dried them well. They were absolutely fine. I would also agree with the cotton ball or no scent baby wipe technique after meals/ wee wees. Because yes -bathing too much could over dry her skin. I'm sure u are doing just fine, seems like you have great a glider sense smile You have to remember, you saved her life! Thats already a huge accomplishment for her. Also-I agree with you on the being excited thing. I get excited when my gliders do silly things, even if no one else cares, ha ha! i have like 3,000 pictures of my gliders doing different things, and my friends look at them and say "but they're all the same!" LOL

Love to snuggle my suggie babies!

Roo > :bb: Bella > :wfb:
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 422 guests, and 80 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,580 TEXAS
679,078 OHIO
487,159 OKLAHOMA
432,164 UTAH
321,689 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024