Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
good quality cat food #976036
07/16/10 03:31 AM
07/16/10 03:31 AM
nc, usa
meri Offline OP
Glider Lover
meri  Offline OP
Glider Lover

nc, usa
I saw several posts that referred to cat food for the filler instead of a dry glider food, and I liked the idea since I chose hpw and want to add something meatier than most glider foods to go with it. Anyone done the research and love a certain cat or dog food? Which ones are very meat based (probably poultry would be best?)

Thank you!

wave Meri & :grey: :leu:
Re: good quality cat food [Re: meri] #976044
07/16/10 04:24 AM
07/16/10 04:24 AM
South Africa
G
Gizmogirl Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Gizmogirl  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
G

South Africa
To keep a balance in your chosen diet is very important and foods that could change the value or balance should be avoided.

I do not recommend that you use cat food in your current diet plan. HPW itself is a High Protein diet. Cats are carnivores, and their diet is designed accordingly.

Your diet will be incorrect and the nutritional balance will not be healthy for your glider.

I would recommend you stick to the HPW diet specifications. thumb

Feeding instructions for HPW:

1-1/2 teaspoons of HPW per glider
1 TABLEspoon of mixed fruits
1 TABLEspoon of mixed veggies
mealies for treats

Last edited by Gizmogirl; 07/16/10 04:30 AM. Reason: added text

Casper & Liezl
:grey:Gizzy, Boesman, Muchu, Kiamon, Sky & Boog:grey:
A glider's eyes have the power to speak a great language

RIP Sugar 2009 & Kaida 2013
Re: good quality cat food [Re: Gizmogirl] #976055
07/16/10 06:52 AM
07/16/10 06:52 AM
atkins arkansas
eterrell84 Offline
Glider Addict
eterrell84  Offline
Glider Addict

atkins arkansas
cat food is a big controversy on this site...it was "looked into" for a kibble diet, but never proven... i wouldnt suggest it! mine are on hpw.... and i stick within the guidelines of that diet, just to be sure they are getting what they need. gliders dont really need a "meatier" diet... the ones that are proven are proven for a reason, i would stick with those....

~ERIN~ momma to:ceasar(boxer),Chili(pug),Badcat(black cat) and Juliette(ragamuffin)~Apple:grey:and Archer:grey:and George Micheal:grey:Maybe:grey:and Jasper :wfb:,husband Jordan and daughter Azlyn!heart
Re: good quality cat food [Re: eterrell84] #976065
07/16/10 07:28 AM
07/16/10 07:28 AM
In paradise
hpyhwn2003 Offline
Glider Addict
hpyhwn2003  Offline
Glider Addict

In paradise
If the wheel (diet) has been created, is sound, safe, healthy, and works. Why recreate it? That's just making things harder on yourself and is more work for you. Follow the diet the way it was intended and you'll not have to think about it. Cat food is for cats not gliders. HPW is for gliders not cats. JMO

Re: good quality cat food [Re: hpyhwn2003] #976071
07/16/10 07:40 AM
07/16/10 07:40 AM
South Africa
Bozeman Offline
Glider Slave
Bozeman  Offline
Glider Slave

South Africa
Please take the advice from the people above. I would not give my gliders cat food either. In fact, they aren't cats!

:grey: Casper (Bozeman) & Liezl (Gizmogirl):grey:
www.sugarglider.co.za
hug2

A glider's eyes have the power to speak a great language

PackinFuzz.com Sugar Glider Online Store

RIP: Sugar (2009) :grey:
You unfairly passed too young - your passing saved many gliders and will continue to do so
Re: good quality cat food [Re: Bozeman] #976132
07/16/10 09:53 AM
07/16/10 09:53 AM

J
Jerry
Unregistered
Jerry
Unregistered
J

If cat good isnt for gliders, where do they get thier yogurt treat fix in the wild?

Re: good quality cat food [Re: ] #976133
07/16/10 09:55 AM
07/16/10 09:55 AM
Brooksville, Florida
Cassi Offline
Joey Member
Cassi  Offline
Joey Member

Brooksville, Florida
Their "yogurt treat fix" is just that, a treat. It's not a must.

Re: good quality cat food [Re: Cassi] #976135
07/16/10 10:04 AM
07/16/10 10:04 AM
Washington D.C. Metro Area
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Washington D.C. Metro Area
A fix is a fix - a treat, a fun thing, something tasty. Mine love yoggies but they don't even get them daily. Cat food isn't for gliders, nor is it a part of the HPW diet. HPW has what it needs and is a balanced diet for them. Please don't move things around, add or subtract. It is the way it is because it's good for gliders. "Bigger" is not always better.

Re: good quality cat food [Re: DCMuffin] #976189
07/16/10 12:07 PM
07/16/10 12:07 PM
nc, usa
meri Offline OP
Glider Lover
meri  Offline OP
Glider Lover

nc, usa
Oh no, I will feed according to the diet's specifications, sorry if that wasn't clear. I just have heard that you can leave catfood as the dry filler instead of glider pellets, and I just was very unimpressed by the ingredients on the glider pellets. I'm not sure gliders need grain at all, so I didn't want any grain in it and sea food seems strange for a glider too, etc. It almost seems like the the glider pellets are not made for gliders either confused

I could be totally off here, I am no nutritionist, but I had seen it mentioned on other threads as a possibly healthier filler and not many people chimed in with recommendations so I decided to start a thread about it.

My thought was that gliders get a little meat in the wild and that hpw gliders get none, so maybe the catfood could add a little more than glider pellets would. I also was reading on Priscilla's site that she and her vet had decided that since our gliders breed back to back in captivity they really need a much higher protien diet plus hers was successfully used in several zoos, and they usually have people much more educated than myself at zoos so it impressed me and made me wonder if they do need more protien. I am considering (just considering, not decided at all) switching to hers because it is so high protien.

I promise not to change anything right now, I am just exploring and trying to understand (: Thank you for being concerned about my babies (:

Re: good quality cat food [Re: meri] #976208
07/16/10 12:36 PM
07/16/10 12:36 PM
In paradise
hpyhwn2003 Offline
Glider Addict
hpyhwn2003  Offline
Glider Addict

In paradise
HPW gliders do get meat. That's the 1 tbs of protein. And yes breeding female should get more protein so when breeding just increase the protien you offer them.

Re: good quality cat food [Re: meri] #976211
07/16/10 12:44 PM
07/16/10 12:44 PM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Ohio
I've been looking into glider pellets since I sometimes will go out of town overnight and, like you, I was very unimpressed since most of them use cheap fillers such as corn or soy and have pretty much nothing good in them. Even the Eucalyptus ones only have like a pinch of Euc in the whole thing. In fact, there's more SALT in the pellets then there is Eucalyptus. See for yourself: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-6175796731380/sgeucalyptus.pdf

I recently started a new job and sometimes they have me work evening shifts and I don't get home til after the gliders have already been up for a while, so I ended up getting a bag of Solid Gold cat food and offer my gliders each a piece to see what they thought. They LOVE it and *I* love the ingredients.

Solid Gold is all-natural, holistic, chemical free food. Here's the ingredients: http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/products/?product=4&code=130

If I'm going to offer my gliders a dry "pellet" to hold them over til I get home then I'd rather they have something natural and healthy then something that is just fillers. :\

In any case, imo, dry food shouldn't be offered as a part of their main diet and should be taken away once their food is given to them. If you're home during feeding time then there's really no need to offer them a pelleted food, otherwise they'll just fill up on that instead of their normal food.

People say that cat food is for cats, but if you look at the ingredients of glider pellets they're probably the same as mouse pellets and other things of the like. They simply have changed the title to "glider pellets". Honestly, there's no such thing as glider pellets. Existing pellets for OTHER animals are simply tweaked and re-titled. The difference is that more research has gone into cat/dog foods and more care is given to them since cats and dogs are the most-owned pets. So, you're more likely to find an all-natural, holistic dog/cat food then you are in the small pet foods.

Anyways, that's just my $0.02.

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: good quality cat food [Re: Guerita135] #976225
07/16/10 01:07 PM
07/16/10 01:07 PM
Northwest Missouri
Chris_R Offline
Glider Explorer
Chris_R  Offline
Glider Explorer

Northwest Missouri
I like Newmans Own cat food...and when I could I offered it as a dry source for those that wake during the day wanting a little nibble of something or for when they wake up and for whatever reason I havent fed yet...

Now I offer Happy Glider breeder formula as I cant get the Newmans Own locally anymore...

I also feed HPW (altered slightly for both my breeders and my non-breeders)

I've had blood tests run with feeding this way and they all came back about as awesome as they could, so as far as Im concerned...Im doing something right smile

Re: good quality cat food [Re: Chris_R] #976234
07/16/10 01:33 PM
07/16/10 01:33 PM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Ohio
Chris, I wouldn't be surprised if the cat food/pellets actually HELPED with the bloodwork because the HPW diet is low in most nutrients/minerals. When I got my gliders' bloodwork done while they were on HPW they all came back with really low calcium levels. At the time, however, I was feeding HPW to the T, nothing added. Peggy said that her bloodwork came back great, but I also noted that she, too, feeds the HPW with pellets, so I'll bet that's what did the trick.

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: good quality cat food [Re: Chris_R] #976242
07/16/10 01:51 PM
07/16/10 01:51 PM
FL
J
jimbo Offline
Joey Member
jimbo  Offline
Joey Member
J

FL
Guerita135, generally agree with but just wanted to point out, there are several foods out there designed specifically for sugar gliders. Exotic Nutrition has quite a few, but they are generally soy based. Wholesome Balance Chicken & Brown Rice Blend is an animal protein-based food designed specifically for sugar gliders that contains no soy or corn:

http://www.sugar-gliders.com/wholesome-balance.htm

Jimbo, Webmaster
SunCoast Sugar Gliders
http://www.sugar-gliders.com/
Re: good quality cat food [Re: jimbo] #976254
07/16/10 02:07 PM
07/16/10 02:07 PM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Ohio
Thanks for the link to that food Jimbo! I haven't seen that one before. smile

I looked at the ingredients...It doesn't look too bad. I do wonder, however, why it has animal blood("animal plasma") in it. That's kinda odd.

I think if I had to choose between that food and the Solid Gold I'm currently using, I'd still choose Solid Gold. The reason is because in the Solid Gold I can look at the ingredients list and recognize what's in it. With the glider stuff it's pretty much chicken meal mixed with lots of things I don't recognize.

~Nicole~

Re: good quality cat food [Re: Guerita135] #976297
07/16/10 03:47 PM
07/16/10 03:47 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
Peggy said that her bloodwork came back great, but I also noted that she, too, feeds the HPW with pellets, so I'll bet that's what did the trick.

I just wanted to make a correction here.

At one point I fed Happy Glider pellets, this was before HPW.

I went to HPW and fed it strictly, even during those times my blood work came back perfect for ca:p ratios.

I do once in a while offer hard food, but it is Natural Balance dog kibble and the ONLY reason I do that is so they have something hard to chew on to help to clean their teeth. I do not add it for nutritional reasons.

I do think folks need to feed what *they* feel comfortable feeding *their gliders* as it has been stated, each glider is different.

For many many years there was such a fight over which diet is good, which one is bad, and instead of helping gliders, it actually caused a divide within the community.

I think the best thing we can all do for the help of the gliders is just as this thread is doing...speak of different things each of us do, allow others to read, and make choices for themselves.

As long as you are having wellness checks done and bloodwork when you are able to (at least once every other year or so at the least)than we are able to track our *own* gliders, we have no reasons to doubt what we are doing is correct.

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: good quality cat food [Re: Srlb] #976301
07/16/10 04:18 PM
07/16/10 04:18 PM
In paradise
hpyhwn2003 Offline
Glider Addict
hpyhwn2003  Offline
Glider Addict

In paradise
Nicole and Peggy you both make really good points.

I feed BML and offer the Wholesome Balance Chicken & Brown Rice Blend or Euc. pellets as a free feed food. The free feed is then either removed when I offer the BML or placed on the frozen veggies to help soften them up. My gliders love both of the pellets mentioned and they are healthy.

diet can be a very touchy subject round here that's for sure. LOL But most agree that gliders should be on an approved diet and that the diet should be followed closely to insure that the ca:p ratios are kept consistant and within healthy levels.

Re: good quality cat food [Re: hpyhwn2003] #976346
07/16/10 07:10 PM
07/16/10 07:10 PM
nc, usa
meri Offline OP
Glider Lover
meri  Offline OP
Glider Lover

nc, usa
Originally Posted By: hpyhwn2003
HPW gliders do get meat. That's the 1 tbs of protein. And yes breeding female should get more protein so when breeding just increase the protien you offer them.

I am confused, do you mean the wombaroo powder or the eggs? I just thought since they eat actual meat (not just protein) in the wild it might be nice to give them a little in captivity and all of the other diets I have read do give meat except hpw. (But I also love the pollen and wombaroo in the hpw.) I thought cat food would be good since you are not altering the main diet, just their snack food for during the day. But it looks like they may not need snack food during the day according to many. i think I will offer a daytime snack, however, if for no other reason than the tooth and gum reason: I plan to feed alot of frozen veggies and fruits so I just think it would be good for them to have something very crunchy to excercise their teeth and gums. i know nothing about this, I just read the fact or fiction section about lumpy jaw and they talked about this. It sounded important.

I may be all wrong anyway, I definitely am not a nutritionist! I don't mean to say anyone is wrong, just trying to understand so I can give mine the very best!

Chris R what modifications do you make to your hpw, both regular and breeder formula? Also, what blood tests did you have done? (and in general what blood work do we need to make sure our vet does regularly?)

Nicole, when you fed the HPW and had low calcium were you calculating Ca:P for each meal or for the week or at all at the time?

Thank you all. smile

Re: good quality cat food [Re: Srlb] #976351
07/16/10 07:18 PM
07/16/10 07:18 PM
Northwest Missouri
Chris_R Offline
Glider Explorer
Chris_R  Offline
Glider Explorer

Northwest Missouri
Originally Posted By: Srlb
Quote:
Peggy said that her bloodwork came back great, but I also noted that she, too, feeds the HPW with pellets, so I'll bet that's what did the trick.

I went to HPW and fed it strictly, even during those times my blood work came back perfect for ca:p ratios.

I do once in a while offer hard food, but it is Natural Balance dog kibble and the ONLY reason I do that is so they have something hard to chew on to help to clean their teeth. I do not add it for nutritional reasons.

I do think folks need to feed what *they* feel comfortable feeding *their gliders* as it has been stated, each glider is different.

For many many years there was such a fight over which diet is good, which one is bad, and instead of helping gliders, it actually caused a divide within the community.

I think the best thing we can all do for the help of the gliders is just as this thread is doing...speak of different things each of us do, allow others to read, and make choices for themselves.

As long as you are having wellness checks done and bloodwork when you are able to (at least once every other year or so at the least)than we are able to track our *own* gliders, we have no reasons to doubt what we are doing is correct.

I have to agree with Peggy here...Us "old timers" very rarely stick to the exact diet, we make alterations (mostly add-to's)the diet plan as we have different needs/wants...I know LOTS of people that add red palm, superfoods juice (I add Naked brand green goodness superfoods juice, as I drink it myself), less honey etc etc etc...as long as our gliders are healthy, their coats are awesome, joeys are OOPed at a decent weight and thrive, bloodwork when ran is within normal limits, then who is to say we arent doing it right???

Its the newbies that need a set diet plan and to stick with it. Once they research and get more into glider health etc THEN they can start doing alterations as they feel is needed

Nicole...I had blood taken from Twerp and ran BEFORE I was offering a dry "snack"...His Ca/P levels were awesome on just the HPW diet plan alone..When you had your low<er> levels you also had a health issue within your glider room which could have very well effected those Ca/P levels, not fair for a statement like what you said above....
Since my alterations I have also had blood ran and again, If anything, they are a bit better but still completely within normal ranges...

Re: good quality cat food [Re: Chris_R] #976355
07/16/10 07:30 PM
07/16/10 07:30 PM
Northwest Missouri
Chris_R Offline
Glider Explorer
Chris_R  Offline
Glider Explorer

Northwest Missouri
Meri...this is what I feed and the reasons I do so

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/...curr#Post969826

I have had CBC's and a differential ran several times IF I was already in the vet for a cause/concern...Its really hard to get blood out of a glider that is awake, even harder if its not a bonded glider..I just recently had to have a partial leg removal on one of my gliders and since he was asleep opted to have a CBC n differential ran to check how the alterations to my diet are doing...But, unless you have concerns, are getting something else done (like a neuter etc) I really wouldnt advise just going in for a blood draw

Re: good quality cat food [Re: Chris_R] #976370
07/16/10 07:46 PM
07/16/10 07:46 PM

L
lovely1inred
Unregistered
lovely1inred
Unregistered
L

Originally Posted By: Chris_R
Originally Posted By: Srlb
Quote:

I have to agree with Peggy here...Us "old timers" very rarely stick to the exact diet, we make alterations (mostly add-to's)the diet plan as we have different needs/wants...I know LOTS of people that add red palm, superfoods juice (I add Naked brand green goodness superfoods juice, as I drink it myself), less honey etc etc etc...as long as our gliders are healthy, their coats are awesome, joeys are OOPed at a decent weight and thrive, bloodwork when ran is within normal limits, then who is to say we arent doing it right???

Its the newbies that need a set diet plan and to stick with it. Once they research and get more into glider health etc THEN they can start doing alterations as they feel is needed

Nicole...I had blood taken from Twerp and ran BEFORE I was offering a dry "snack"...His Ca/P levels were awesome on just the HPW diet plan alone..When you had your low<er> levels you also had a health issue within your glider room which could have very well effected those Ca/P levels, not fair for a statement like what you said above....
Since my alterations I have also had blood ran and again, If anything, they are a bit better but still completely within normal ranges...

I would like to say, that from a newbie standpoint, it's very hard to compare diets if someone says they are feeding BML, or HPW, or anything else but are, in fact, deviating from the published version of the diet. Most of the research we have is anecdotal evidence, when someone comes on and asks about the results someone has had with a particular diet in regards to smell, fluffy coats, etc. Most owners (at least on this board) do not have CBC counts or any other blood work results, hopefully it is because most have happy healthy gliders and are not doing invasive procedures unecessarily.

Is there any way we can have some sort of culmination of the differences in how people are feeding??? It gets to the point of even within one diet, comparing apples to oranges so to speak. I'm not trying to say that tweaking a diet is right or wrong, I mean, if you don't have sick gliders you must be doing something right. It's just very hard to know if something is good or bad or neutral if we aren't all doing the same things. Nicole's gliders were being fed the HPW mix, and Ca:Ph balanced fruits and veggies when whatever the problem was developed. There's no way to know if it was diet related or not if the results have not been repeated in other gliders being fed the same thing. I'm not trying to attack HPW here either, I see the same problems happening with BML. So many people do not feed grapes, well there's one fruit out of a limited list that's not being fed. Adding crunchies during the day, that is not listed on BML. Obviously people are doing it though so how do we know what the "right" way is anymore?

Re: good quality cat food [Re: Chris_R] #976376
07/16/10 07:51 PM
07/16/10 07:51 PM
nc, usa
meri Offline OP
Glider Lover
meri  Offline OP
Glider Lover

nc, usa
What is red palm? And thank you for the blood work advice, I may have insisted on my vet getting a blood draw in the next couple of weeks if you hadn't mentioned this (:

Re: good quality cat food [Re: meri] #976393
07/16/10 08:29 PM
07/16/10 08:29 PM
Lutz Florida
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis
CandyOtte  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Lutz Florida
Meri - you might want to look at my glider diet Calculator - specifically the Comparison page where I have calculated the recognized glider diets and compared the nutrients in one glider portion for each diet.

http://www.gliderkids.com/references.html

If you are interested in adding meat to the HPW diet, you might also want to look at my Blended diet which is nutritionally between the BML diet and HPW. More information is on my web page on the Blended diet.

http://www.gliderkids.com/references.html

Candy Otte
& the Glider Kids
Sassy, Corky, Mehitabel & Missy
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot
Mindy, Kanobles, Elmo, & Chipper

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com

CandyOtte@aol.com
Re: good quality cat food [Re: CandyOtte] #976405
07/16/10 08:49 PM
07/16/10 08:49 PM
nc, usa
meri Offline OP
Glider Lover
meri  Offline OP
Glider Lover

nc, usa
how long has the blended diet been around? I have talked to people who love it!

Re: good quality cat food [Re: meri] #976411
07/16/10 08:57 PM
07/16/10 08:57 PM
Northwest Missouri
Chris_R Offline
Glider Explorer
Chris_R  Offline
Glider Explorer

Northwest Missouri

Re: good quality cat food [Re: Chris_R] #976421
07/16/10 09:15 PM
07/16/10 09:15 PM
Lutz Florida
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis
CandyOtte  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Lutz Florida
I have been feeding the blended diet for about 18 months. I posted it on my web page a little over a year ago, so yes it is relatively new. As I said, I did a lot of research and chose to develop a diet that is nutritionally between HPW (the low end of the range and BML which is the high end.

We do not have any daily recommend nutrient guidelines for gliders so I compared the recognized diets and chose HPW and BML nutrient values as the lower and upper ends of the range.

Candy Otte
& the Glider Kids
Sassy, Corky, Mehitabel & Missy
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot
Mindy, Kanobles, Elmo, & Chipper

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com

CandyOtte@aol.com
Re: good quality cat food [Re: CandyOtte] #976466
07/16/10 10:38 PM
07/16/10 10:38 PM
nc, usa
meri Offline OP
Glider Lover
meri  Offline OP
Glider Lover

nc, usa
Very helpful. Those I have met who use it love it (the blended diet)

Re: good quality cat food [Re: Guerita135] #976501
07/16/10 11:56 PM
07/16/10 11:56 PM

N
NGS
Unregistered
NGS
Unregistered
N

Originally Posted By: Guerita135
I've been looking into glider pellets since I sometimes will go out of town overnight and, like you, I was very unimpressed since most of them use cheap fillers such as corn or soy and have pretty much nothing good in them. Even the Eucalyptus ones only have like a pinch of Euc in the whole thing. In fact, there's more SALT in the pellets then there is Eucalyptus. See for yourself: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-6175796731380/sgeucalyptus.pdf

Wow, I avoid anything with BHA or BHT Chemical preservatives in it. This Chemical has been linked to causing Cancer. This Chemical is also used in our everyday people food. I read labels all the time. Never buy anything with this type of preservative.

Other BAD Chemical preservatives to avoid that have also been linked to causing Cancer and other illnesses are:

Acesulfame K, Artificial colorings, Aspartame, Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), Nitrite and Nitrate, Olestra, Potassium Bromate, Sulfites.

Sorry but any company using these types of Chemicals are fully aware of what they do, and in my opinion do not care. (Money counts, not the people or pets) Please do some research on these Chemicals and avoid any products and company's using them. Nicole, thanks for sharing the ingredients with us. smile

As Nicole has said Solid Gold is a great company. There are a couple other great companys that I like as well.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/Instinct/cat/all (They have both dog and cat food)

http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/products/dogs/high_prairie_canine_formula/ (They have both dog and cat food)

Last edited by NGS; 07/17/10 12:12 AM.
Re: good quality cat food [Re: ] #984107
07/31/10 03:42 PM
07/31/10 03:42 PM

D
DARON
Unregistered
DARON
Unregistered
D

This was a good topic. I feed HPW mainly because of it ease to buy, make, & prepare. Well, and because Peggy uses it & Baggie came from her & was already on it & Mucee when I get her on Monday same thing(from Peggy/already on HPW). I used HPW with my previous gliders too, but they are no longer with me. I had previosly contemplated using a pellet food just during the day when they wake up & may want a snack. However, i decided against it mainly because she is with me during the day & when she wakes up it is usually to pee or because she wants a mealie. I always bring mealies with me or I'd have a mutany(sp) on my hands.
I can remember having a pair of female gliders 15 years ago when there was no such thing as glider diets or glider food. The only thing my gliders ate back then was fresh fruit & nuts. Thats all I knew to give them and there was very little info about them even online.

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 393 guests, and 110 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,597 TEXAS
679,084 OHIO
487,175 OKLAHOMA
432,184 UTAH
321,698 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024