Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Breeding rules? #978446
07/21/10 01:46 AM
07/21/10 01:46 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
We've got lots and lots of rules here on GC, but there isn't much regulating the joeys that are sold for breeding homes.

Although I'm not much of a fan for tons of rules(mainly because I can never remember them all, lol! roflmao ), I think it'd be nice to see the classifieds section here on GC be a bit more strict. Not only would it help customers, but it would also help to encourage breeders to put more effort into their breeding practices.

Here are a few guidelines I'd love to see put into place:

*Lineage must be listed for each joey(either in the ad itself or a link to the lineage in a database). This will encourage customers to look at lineages BEFORE buying and also encourage breeders to only breed gliders will good lineage(or, in some cases, just plain WITH lineage). It would also encourage breeders to list their gliders in the databases so that they can easily link the lineages in their ads, thus making for a more complete database.

*Joeys from sterile lines must have that listed in the ad(either from "sterile line" or "producing sterile line"). This will ensure that the customers are fully-informed and those joeys are not paired with other color lines.

*I also think it'd be nice to have a rule that states that joeys being sold to breeding homes should have at LEAST 2 generations of lineage(parents and grandparents). Honestly, there's no excuse not to have at least that much lineage on a joey since you, as the breeder, own the parents and finding out the grandparents' names is as easy as contacting the parent's breeders and asking them. If you don't know the names of your gliders' mom and dad then they shouldn't be being bred in the first place, imo. Also, by ensuring that a joey has at LEAST the parents and grandparents known then even if someone buys 2 joeys that are unknowingly related, then they won't possibly be closer then 2nd cousins, which would make their COI a mere 1.6%, which is fine.

Those are just a couple of the things that come to mind, but I'd love to hear other ideas everyone might have.

What do you guys think? Maybe if we rally together then we can form a few guidelines to propose to the big guns upstairs. If there's enough support then, hopefully, it will be taken into serious consideration! smile

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: Breeding rules? [Re: Guerita135] #978457
07/21/10 02:15 AM
07/21/10 02:15 AM
WI
Jessica Offline
Glider Guardian
Jessica  Offline
Glider Guardian

WI
I agree with you!!! Good comment on everything! smile

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: Jessica] #978491
07/21/10 03:35 AM
07/21/10 03:35 AM
WI
Glide_Bye_Lily Offline
Glider Guardian
Glide_Bye_Lily  Offline
Glider Guardian

WI
I think it's a really great idea Nicole! smile

Allie
Re: Breeding rules? [Re: Glide_Bye_Lily] #978494
07/21/10 03:55 AM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

While I agree it sounds good in theory, I think you are projecting that people are idiots and not able to make their own decisions about what glider to buy or what to sell.

I would be worried that such "rules" would force people to turn to craigs list to sell their gliders.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Breeding rules? [Re: Glide_Bye_Lily] #978495
South Africa
Bozeman Offline
Glider Slave
Bozeman  Offline
Glider Slave

South Africa
Great idea. I am sure that the owners will seriously look into this.

Does anyone else have suggestions?

:grey: Casper (Bozeman) & Liezl (Gizmogirl):grey:
www.sugarglider.co.za
hug2

A glider's eyes have the power to speak a great language

PackinFuzz.com Sugar Glider Online Store

RIP: Sugar (2009) :grey:
You unfairly passed too young - your passing saved many gliders and will continue to do so
Re: Breeding rules? [Re: Dancing] #978496
07/21/10 04:09 AM
07/21/10 04:09 AM
usa
snowbabygliders Offline
Glider Guardian
snowbabygliders  Offline
Glider Guardian

usa
edit entire post LOL just re-read your original post.....LOL!! : perhaps maybe all lineaged gliders for breeding need to have some of the rules you listed above and those unlineaged need to be listed as "unlineaged" and pet-only?? guess i should have read further and missed the fact you are talking soley about lineaged for breeding purposes?? it may also be a lot of work for the mods/admins to check each and every lineage to make sure it goes back at least 2 gens wink i think those getting into breeding or already breeders from breeders would know all this stuff though and i would hope they would not rehome unporperly lineaged gliders for breeding purposes and only pet-only. As stated i would hate to see any more gliders that i already do as well on CL I do however feel your concern is very valid dunno

Last edited by kristy55303; 07/21/10 04:26 AM.

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: snowbabygliders] #978519
07/21/10 08:28 AM
07/21/10 08:28 AM
Kansas City, MO
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict
Laurens_Babies  Offline
Glider Addict

Kansas City, MO
I have to agree with Teresa good idea and theory but it isn't Eddie and Karin's jobs to be lineage police (might I add nor is it anyone elses) and that would be an impossible job unless you yourself calculate coi's. Feels like all of them are sometimes unreliable, you yourself Nicole have gliders producing joeys with 4.2968% coi (according to a database), its just too big of a job to control and honestly (No offense Karen and Eddie) if people have a complaint about this board, its about being policed too much. At some point anyone who buys a glider with bad lineage or just a bad breeder that is the persons own fault for not researching more, now if the breeder LIES about something then maybe that person can step in and make a complaint to Eddie and Karen.
I think I've seen way too many people come on this board saying "my breeder told me this and wwwaahhh waaahhh waaaahh". First set of boy/girl gliders I had I was "told" they couldn't have joeys til they were about a year and I had time to neuter him .. nopenope. Was that on the person who sold them to me, eh maybe but I said from the minute I caught them breeding "I should have been more responsible and found out for myself".

~Lauren

Lauren's Animal Kingdom
*Website is down temporarily should be back up by November!*
Re: Breeding rules? [Re: Laurens_Babies] #978525
07/21/10 08:51 AM
07/21/10 08:51 AM

G
GoGoGliders
Unregistered
GoGoGliders
Unregistered
G

I agree with Lauren.....breeding is a RESPONSIBILITY not a right......if you are going to assume that responsibility then you need to do a little research and check your gliders lineage, calculate the COI's for potential pairings, etc etc

While it may seem great in theory, for all that they do, I am sure the last thing the mod's need is MORE work.....why should it be their responsibility???

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: ] #978544
07/21/10 09:33 AM
07/21/10 09:33 AM
Minneapolis, MN
wildlifeangel Offline
Glider Slave
wildlifeangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Minneapolis, MN
It does sound like a wonderful idea. And I wish it wasn't needed, but too many ads even on here do include very spotty lineage.

Although, it is like many other things in our society... great in theory... never makes it to great in reality.

Nadine

Adam-Eve
Starsky-Bianca
Gabriel-Charity
Barrington-Bailey
Travis-Rose-Ruby
Justice-Mercy
Natalia-Carmella-Cayden
Minka-Marco
Reagan-Jocelynn
Donnovin-Selina
Kaluah-Keeko-Emily-Monty-Lexy-Kevin-Raven-Skeeter
:rtmo: :leu: :bb: :cream: :plat:

www.tspsugar.com
Re: Breeding rules? [Re: wildlifeangel] #978561
07/21/10 10:12 AM
07/21/10 10:12 AM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
I agree with Lauren.....breeding is a RESPONSIBILITY not a right......if you are going to assume that responsibility then you need to do a little research and check your gliders lineage, calculate the COI's for potential pairings, etc etc

While it may seem great in theory, for all that they do, I am sure the last thing the mod's need is MORE work.....why should it be their responsibility???

I have to agree here. It is up to the buyer and seller to be responsible, not up to a glider forum that doesnt even have a third of the breeders out there as members here.

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: Srlb] #978567
07/21/10 10:28 AM
07/21/10 10:28 AM

K
Kim
Unregistered
Kim
Unregistered
K

Good call Teresa. Great idea in theory but Teresa hit the nail on the head. This would only turn out to be bad in the long run.

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: ] #978587
07/21/10 11:15 AM
07/21/10 11:15 AM
Washington
T
tjlong Offline
Glider Slave
tjlong  Offline
Glider Slave
T

Washington
I guess I have to chime in and say about the same thing as Teresa. In theory it is great but it really isn't GC's responsibility to police breeders in this manner.

I really appreciate that you can find just about any kind of glider here and I think that is a positive thing for all types of Buyers. I love that there is information in the forum's "Getting Started and Glider Care" areas for people who are interested in gliders on all levels.

I think that if someone is going to decide to breed any animal it is their own responsibility to do their due diligence themselves. agree

Regards,
Tracy
(425) 789-7753
Acres of Sugar

:rtmo: Slave to Several Adorable Gliders :wfb:
~~~~~ :cream: :grey: :leu: :bb: ~~~~~
Sugar Glider Genetic Project

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: tjlong] #978599
07/21/10 11:27 AM
07/21/10 11:27 AM

L
lovely1inred
Unregistered
lovely1inred
Unregistered
L

I wouldn't mind the need for a link to lineage, but, that assumes someone wants to sell all their joeys as breeders. I don't think breeders really care whether their joeys end up breeding or not, as long as they are placed in good homes.

Nicole, I see those as fine personal guidelines. If I were to go out in search of the perfect awesome joey to breed with another perfect awesome joey, I would rate an ad including those things a lot higher than "het joeys for sale, PM for details" (as an example) but it would be up to me, as the buyer, to research the breeder's reputation and pairings.

I'd rather see these rules placed in an "How to find a good breeder" article than give the mods and admin another policeman job.

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: ] #978602
07/21/10 11:32 AM
07/21/10 11:32 AM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Quote:
"How to find a good breeder" article

I'm actually working on one of those right now that will be placed here on GC.

Our goals are to help educate the "glider community" and to assist new and potential owners figure out how to best care for their gliders. It really isn't our job to police everyones actions. We can only provide the information, not dictate what choices someone else should make.

If we step into the world of making breeders post lineages and limit the rights to only those with atleast 2 generations, next will be limiting only to those with perfect or near perfect coi's. Then we will be dictating who can breed and what colors they are allowed to breed for.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Breeding rules? [Re: Dancing] #978606
07/21/10 11:43 AM
07/21/10 11:43 AM
NC
C
carolinasuggies Offline
Glider Guardian
carolinasuggies  Offline
Glider Guardian
C

NC
0kay I hava a question how do you calculate COI? i KNOW THAT MAY BE A STUPID QUESTION!

Last edited by carolinasuggies; 07/21/10 11:44 AM.

Mommy to my kid's & slave to my suggies

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: Dancing] #978607
07/21/10 11:47 AM
07/21/10 11:47 AM
Washington
T
tjlong Offline
Glider Slave
tjlong  Offline
Glider Slave
T

Washington
"How to find a good breeder" info would be great! agree

I would like to think there will be information explaining that responsible individuals with less than 4 females can also produce great joeys!

I have heard so many times here that "you need to find a USDA licensed breeder" or that "there aren't any good breeders in our area" because there isn't a licensed breeder listed for that area.

I have enough females that I am applying for my USDA license but I believe that you can be a "bad" breeder and still have a license from USDA. I guess what I am trying to say is I hope the info included in the "good breeder" topic will explain what to look for and that the USDA seal of approval isn't the be all and end all in breeding!

Regards,
Tracy
(425) 789-7753
Acres of Sugar

:rtmo: Slave to Several Adorable Gliders :wfb:
~~~~~ :cream: :grey: :leu: :bb: ~~~~~
Sugar Glider Genetic Project

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: carolinasuggies] #978613
07/21/10 11:51 AM
07/21/10 11:51 AM
Minneapolis, MN
wildlifeangel Offline
Glider Slave
wildlifeangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Minneapolis, MN
Originally Posted By: carolinasuggies
0kay I hava a question how do you calculate COI? i KNOW THAT MAY BE A STUPID QUESTION!

VERY good question.... I let the pedigree system do it for me!

Also, I would love to see a "how to find a good breeder"
I agree that it isn't just about USDA... (although those who need it and don't have it...) it's about how they care for the animals and interact with the customers!

Nadine

Adam-Eve
Starsky-Bianca
Gabriel-Charity
Barrington-Bailey
Travis-Rose-Ruby
Justice-Mercy
Natalia-Carmella-Cayden
Minka-Marco
Reagan-Jocelynn
Donnovin-Selina
Kaluah-Keeko-Emily-Monty-Lexy-Kevin-Raven-Skeeter
:rtmo: :leu: :bb: :cream: :plat:

www.tspsugar.com
Re: Breeding rules? [Re: Dancing] #978616
07/21/10 11:55 AM
07/21/10 11:55 AM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Online /gc/lgc
Owner
KarenE  Online /Gc/Lgc
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
ClassifiedCENTRAL is a service we provide to the community along with our new RescueCENTRAL forum.

Some people think we are already too strict in our Classifieds, so going any further is not something we want to do.

Teresa is working on an article as she posted giving people tips on what to look for when purchasing a glider/s which should be extremely helpful.

Quote:
GliderCENTRAL will not be responsible for sales made through here. Please use caution when making a purchase.

Our Disclaimer is posted in every sub forum in ClassifiedCENTRAL. It is up to the buyer as well as the seller to be cautious when making a deal.

Personally, we think between the community and our staff, we do a pretty good job of keeping the classifieds clean.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: KarenE] #978671
07/21/10 01:15 PM
07/21/10 01:15 PM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Missouri
I'm a small breeder and I do sometimes list my gliders. All of my babies have lineage but I prefer to sell to more pet homes than breeders.To often than not to many new owners are getting in over their head because they think there's money to be made with breeding. It is a buyers responsibility to make sure that they do the research on whom they are getting their babies from.Check and ask questions about the lineage .That is part of being a good glider owner and breeder. We breeders do except quite a bit from our future owners .And there are still those who are impulsive and haven't done the amount of research on gliders.And that also means they do not take the time to do the research on the breeders.
As for non lineaged gliders we all have different opinions there are some that think its fine to breed them. But anyone who knows about correct breeding practices will know not to purchase a glider that has no lineage.
And as for placing the gliders in the database there are a lot of breeders ,me included that when I sell a joey I put the joey in and new owner. But someone who's only got a few pairs may feel they don't need too.And also a good breeder does say that the lines are sterile or a sterile line thats now producing. But as everyone has pointed out it is still up to the buyer to make sure they research more before they jump at a glider.

Having Faith and Hope that some day soon.That all the world will come to see that all of gods babies deserve love and affection.

gangel My little three precious angels :rbridge:

http://suggieshack.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=login

Mom to some really spoiled little ones.

:rtmo:
:leu:
:grey:

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: KarenE] #978677
07/21/10 01:22 PM
07/21/10 01:22 PM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

Quote:
I don't think breeders really care whether their joeys end up breeding or not, as long as they are placed in good homes.

I don't really agree with this sentence (no offense Jessice..honest) smile

When the time came for me to find a cagemate for Lethe...I contacted Melissa (the breeder) and we talked on the phone about a potential mate..she helped me with lineages, what certain things meant with percentages, etc, and looked around for me. She told me about Tipkins from Nicole..the three of us talked and he was a great match for Lethe. If it wasn't for Melissa and Nicole, I'd probably STILL be searching for a cagemate for Lethe. I am grateful that they both cared enough for Lethes well being to take time out of their daily routines and help me.

Most breeders do care about their joeys, even after they've gone to their new homes. I know that if I had found a glider and asked Melissa about him and what her opinions were...she would have researched him herself and told me her opinion. I think that's how it should be.

I am always asking Melissa and Nicole questions about breeding, since Lethe and Tippy will be my only breeding pair. I LOVE that I can contact them and I'm able to learn more and more.

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: ] #978695
07/21/10 01:53 PM
07/21/10 01:53 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Originally Posted By: buttercup
Most breeders do care about their joeys, even after they've gone to their new homes.

I think you are proving the point, not disproving it.

breeders *do* care about their joeys. They put a great deal of energy into ensuring their gliders go to a good home - even if that means helping the new owner with lineages and pairings. They care FAR more about the quality of the home then whether or not the gliders are going to be bred.

I have actually talked to a breeder who was letting a beautiful, unusually colored glider go to a pet only home. Her response was, "I'd really rather the glider go to a breeding home because I'd love to see what happens to this color down the line. But a good home is what is more important."

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Breeding rules? [Re: Laurens_Babies] #978708
07/21/10 02:15 PM
07/21/10 02:15 PM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
Originally Posted By: Dancing
While I agree it sounds good in theory, I think you are projecting that people are idiots and not able to make their own decisions about what glider to buy or what to sell.

I would be worried that such "rules" would force people to turn to craigs list to sell their gliders.

I don't think of people as idiots. I think that alot of newbies don't know what they're getting into when they start breeding and they don't know what to look for in lineages and such. As I said in another post, just in this month alone, I've seen 10+ ads for joeys that are listed as being from non-sterile lines, when, in fact, they were from sterile lines. And in 9 out of 10 cases, when I contact the breeder they didn't have a clue about their glider being from sterile lines because the breeder that THEY got their glider from either didn't know either or didn't tell them.

I've also seen a lot of scarey pairings lately as well. When I was a newbie I bought a couple gliders, including a breeding pair, with bad lineage(either individually or as a pair). I didn't know any better. So I'm hoping that regulations in the classifieds section might help other breeders/buyers from making the same mistakes that most newbie breeders make.

Also, by posting full lineage in the ads, it would help to push the importance of lineage.

Originally Posted By: kristy55303
perhaps maybe all lineaged gliders for breeding need to have some of the rules you listed above and those unlineaged need to be listed as "unlineaged" and pet-only??

I thought about that, but I don't think that REQUIRING breeders to have lineage would work out to well since then you'd have alot of people turning to other sites to rehome their gliders. However, if we simply require that lineage be listed, then people will be able to see for themselves just how much "lineage" there is. If there is no lineage, then it will be listed as such. Thus people can make informed decisions.

My last "rule" was an "it'd sure be nice, but I know it'll probably never happen" kinda rule, lol! Cause, like Dancing said, such a requirement would probably send people to CL. I think at least requiring the lineage to be posted in the ad would help though.

Originally Posted By: Laurens_Babies
now if the breeder LIES about something then maybe that person can step in and make a complaint to Eddie and Karen.

Well, if full lineage were required to be posted in the ads then I think it would go a long way because of how the glider community is... The admin/mods won't even need to look at lineages or anything because everyone ELSE would be looking at them and if something was wrong, then it'd be pointed out by someone in the community. wink No one would need to regulate it because it's something that we'd naturally do as a group. So, again, just requiring that the lineage be LISTED should be enough. No need for it to be good, just listed.

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: Breeding rules? [Re: Guerita135] #978716
07/21/10 02:31 PM
07/21/10 02:31 PM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

I agree Alden...a good, safe, permanent home is very important to breeders, whether said joey will be bred one day or just kept as a pet only. There's a lot for breeders to consider when finding a home for their joeys.

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: ] #978803
07/21/10 05:20 PM
07/21/10 05:20 PM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to lineage and COI. So when I wanted to breed gliders with good lineage, I asked someone who DID know about it. Tammyangel has already done a COI and 'test joey' for me, on a glider I won't be getting for another year, for a cage mate for Miss Boo-Boo and Mercedes (whom I also don't have yet). She also did this on Mercedes, before I decided to buy her.

I think if you have a reputable breeder, they will happily work with you to ensure you get the glider you need for the best breeding results. That's been my experience so far, with the four breeders I've bought from. In all four instances, lineage was provided up front and explained to me, as best as I could understand. Which wasn't much. My fault, not theirs. (I still don't understand the het %'s). So I decided the the easiest and best way for me to ensure I have what I need for the best breeding results, was to ask someone who has dealt with this for 10 years. Bless her heart, she tries to explain it to me. I retain it for all of an hour. LOL! It just makes my head spin!

It's not necessary to know yourself, about COI, percentages and lineages, if you have an expert you can turn to. If a buyer doesn't ask and the breeder knows the buyer plans to breed, then the breeder needs to bring up the lineage and possibilities. Just because the buyer doesn't ask (they may not know to) or doesn't understand (like me), doesn't mean they're dumb or don't want to do the right thing.

Remember, we all started out with not knowing much about gliders and/or having erroneous information.

Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: Breeding rules? [Re: Guerita135] #978818
07/21/10 06:04 PM
07/21/10 06:04 PM

N
NGS
Unregistered
NGS
Unregistered
N

Originally Posted By: Guerita135

I don't think of people as idiots. I think that alot of newbies don't know what they're getting into when they start breeding and they don't know what to look for in lineages and such. As I said in another post, just in this month alone, I've seen 10+ ads for joeys that are listed as being from non-sterile lines, when, in fact, they were from sterile lines. And in 9 out of 10 cases, when I contact the breeder they didn't have a clue about their glider being from sterile lines because the breeder that THEY got their glider from either didn't know either or didn't tell them.

I've also seen a lot of scarey pairings lately as well. When I was a newbie I bought a couple gliders, including a breeding pair, with bad lineage(either individually or as a pair). I didn't know any better. So I'm hoping that regulations in the classifieds section might help other breeders/buyers from making the same mistakes that most newbie breeders make.

if we simply require that lineage be listed, then people will be able to see for themselves just how much "lineage" there is. If there is no lineage, then it will be listed as such. Thus people can make informed decisions.

Nicole, I would be interested in knowing who these people are and the ads for joeys that are listed as being from non-sterile lines? (When they are Steril Lines)

I would also be interested in knowing about the scarey pairings lately as well.

I like the idea of having some way to know these things for sure because sometimes when you are new and look something up, you think the lineage looks good not knowing to look deeper. I still have to ask for help at times myself.

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: suggiemom1980] #978819
07/21/10 06:09 PM
07/21/10 06:09 PM
roseville, mi
H
hwh4ev Offline
Glider Addict
hwh4ev  Offline
Glider Addict
H

roseville, mi
i dont know if i am missing something here but alot of the breeders do tell potential buyers their lineage.

eg. when i sold some joeys, i put their lineage up by giving the father and mothers names to be checked in thepetglider.com.

i think that is sufficient and i wish every breeder would do that also.

as far as mosaics coming from sterile lines it would be nice to have that up front i/o inquiring abt. a mosaic only to be told it came from sterile lines. wasted energy.

regards,
nancy in detroit

regards,
nancy in roseville (formerly in detroit)
Re: Breeding rules? [Re: hwh4ev] #978821
07/21/10 06:17 PM
07/21/10 06:17 PM
roseville, mi
H
hwh4ev Offline
Glider Addict
hwh4ev  Offline
Glider Addict
H

roseville, mi
i also know of scary pairings but names cant be mentioned because they are on gc. so it would have to go to pm. also as i mentioned above there are some mosaics that do not say from sterile lines, but are.

regards,
nancy in detroit
i am on the hunt for a mosaic myself to breed to my bb i will be getting in the fall, so i have seen some things that a newbie would not even question.

Last edited by hwh4ev; 07/21/10 06:19 PM.

regards,
nancy in roseville (formerly in detroit)
Re: Breeding rules? [Re: hwh4ev] #978826
07/21/10 06:34 PM
07/21/10 06:34 PM
St. Charles, Missouri
Suggiegramma Offline
Glider Slave
Suggiegramma  Offline
Glider Slave

St. Charles, Missouri
When I sell a glider that I know will be bred, I make sure and check the lineage for the person wanting the glider. If the COI isn't good, I won't sell to them.

Virginia

Suggies
Sachi,Miuccia,Mignon,Cosette,Blaise,Florianna,Fabio,
Abbi,Fletcher,Eshton,Hansel,Gretel,Sahara,Parker,SugarBear,
Emily,Ariana,Symphony,Mozart,Smeegle,Cocoa,Hershey,Tippy,
Hollister,Anastasia,Buffy,Tawny,Stormy,Aurora,Chance,Karma,
Kristoff,Ruby.

Re: Breeding rules? [Re: Suggiegramma] #978839
07/21/10 07:04 PM
07/21/10 07:04 PM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
Originally Posted By: Suggiegramma
When I sell a glider that I know will be bred, I make sure and check the lineage for the person wanting the glider. If the COI isn't good, I won't sell to them.

clap agree thumb

Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: Breeding rules? [Re: suggiemom1980] #978846
07/21/10 07:16 PM
07/21/10 07:16 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
You can't legislate common sense.

As much as it would be nice if there were some sort of thought police or idiot indicator, sadly, a great deal of our society is built on trust. I think you can make suggestions, but not rules for things like breeding.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (KarenE), 341 guests, and 87 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,571 TEXAS
679,075 OHIO
487,155 OKLAHOMA
432,159 UTAH
321,680 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024