We are updating the rules page. At some point later this evening or tomorrow, when you come to GliderCENTRAL you will have to agree to the rules again.
We have not added any new rules. We cleaned up the page making it easier to read, and we also added links
to our policy's on certain topics such as rescue, drama, classifieds, etc. so they were easily found and on the rules page.
The only change to a rule was the wording on rule 1 which use to read
1. Do not share your registration, each individual person must have his/her own login information.
It now reads
1. Do not share your registration, Each member may have only ONE account.
Here is what the new rules page will look like, again no new rules were added, it was purely cosmetic and switching the wording to rule 1 discussed above.
Last updated 8/30/10
RULE 1 has been changed to specify each member can only have one account. The only other changes made were cosmetics and adding links to certain policy's so they can be found easier
GliderCENTRAL's Rules, Policies, and Disclaimers
GliderCENTRAL is a private message board and website. Its upkeep is provided by its owners. The owners reserve the right to refuse and/or terminate membership at any time without reason. Thank you for helping us keep this board a friendly, helpful, G rated board for the entire family. These rules apply to our PM system as well. Complaints of abuse through the PM system will be handled in the same matter as we do for the board. Please be sure to read this post for further policy
. Please address questions, concerns or suggestions to any moderator or board administrator
For further clarification on certain Policy's please use the links
Our main goal at GliderCENTRAL is for the Good of the Glider, and to help the owners help and care for their glider. These rules are not in place to censor anyone. They are here to protect our members.
1. Do not share your registration, each member may have only ONE account. If you do not remember your login name or password, please contact us
. All members must keep a current, working email address at all times.
2. Do not post names, phone numbers, addresses, personal email or correspondence without the other parties permission. Due to copyright laws, do not cut and paste articles from another site. Please use a link instead. Comments of glider related businesses and web sites will be allowed by name as long as the discussion is kept on topic and within reason. Personal bashing will not be tolerated.
3. Please keep the posts closely related to the topic. If the topic sparks another thought for discussion, please open a new thread. Post messages in the most appropriate forum. Please refrain from posting the same message in more than one forum. Only one of those messages will remain posted. Do not be offended if moderators move your thread to a forum that fits your topic. In a large forum like ours, this kind of housekeeping is necessary. It is not personal. Please do not use excessive CAPS or bold lettering. It makes your message very hard to read and implies you are shouting.
4. GliderCENTRAL is a family oriented "G" rated board. Be polite, courteous and respectful to other board members at all times. This means illegal substances, illegal activities, flaming, sexually explicit subjects, cursing, spamming, harassing, policing, diet
bashing, and abusive or negative personal posts are not allowed. Posts and sometimes entire topics that contain such content will be removed, and the poster(s) may be warned, suspended or banned at the discretion of the board administrators. Abuse, flaming or inappropriate comments directed toward GliderCENTRAL, its Moderators and Administrators, or failure to comply with the direction of a Moderator or Administrator, the poster(s) may be warned, suspended or banned at the discretion of the board administrators. Please keep any personal matters off the board. Take it to email or pm. Please keep in mind that board rules do apply when using the PM feature. Since we are a G rated board, the decision has been made not to allow any web blog links
like below due to non G rated material on them.
**** We cannot possibly cover every website individually so any website which leads to non G-rated material will be removed ****
|no news links or web blogs
Rule 4 violations:
- First offense = Will be a warning or suspension depending on severity
- Further offense's = actions will be determined by admin.
- Third offense = Will be decided by GliderCENTRAL admin.
5. Fund raisers including but not limited to auctions, raffles, sales of services or goods intended for non-profit use must be approved by the board Administration before posting on GliderCENTRAL. Solicitation for free or price-reduced gliders, donations, or goods is not permitted without prior approval of an administrator.
6. Do not suggest medication dosages. It is very important for everyone to understand that gliders must be taken to a vet
for proper treatment of many injuries and illnesses. GliderCENTRAL will not be responsible for any treatments given to your gliders because of the advice of any member or staff. Our strong advice is that you take your glider to a vet
for medical advice and treatments.
7. Avatars, Images, and Smilies. All images must comply with Rule 4.
- Avatars: must be in good taste and not violent or sexual in nature.
- Signatures: The signature limit is set to 300 characters max. Only board icons are allowed in your signature. Please limit your gremlins/smilies to 6 in your signature.
- Pictures: Are allowed, sparingly, when it adds to the post's understanding. For showing off gliders, please use the GliderGALLERY. All pictures may not be greater than 250x250 pixels.
- Gremlins/Smilies: Only board smilies are allowed.
*********By advertising on GliderCENTRAL either through a post or the pm system, the owners and admin reserves the right to add your name to the Buyers Beware List and or the Colony Alert depending on offense.*********
- Advertising is not allowed on the forums except in the Classified section of the board and must be glider related. Ads will stay for 30 days. Ads can be posted by the seller or buyer only. No third party ads. No xBay (links to outside auction and classified sites) allowed except in the links section, no promoting the sale of your items on xbay sites. No posting for the rehoming of rescues in ClassifiedCENTRAL. Please read here about posting in RescueCENTRAL. You may have one ad in each subforum. You may only bump your ad once within a 7 day period. If you are removed from classified privileges, this also includes the links database, profile, signature, etc. If you double post, your newest ad will be deleted without notice. Ads will remain active for 30 days. Please read here for more clarification.
- Any person who posts to an ad in the classified section whose only intent is to cause trouble and has no intention of purchasing the glider(s) or item for sale, will be handed a suspension from GliderCENTRAL.
- If your account is suspended and is found to be using the pm system to advertise the sale or purchase of that account will loose PM privileges permanently and serve a suspension from the board for a period of time to be determined at the time of the offense.
- Any account found to be residing in an illegal state and or illegal areas, will have privileges removed from the glider ads section of the classifieds, not the glider things section.
- If such account is found to be using the PM system to advertise the sale or purchase of a glider, that account will loose PM privileges permanently and serve a suspension from the board for a period of time to be determined at the time of the offense.
Suspensions from ClassifiedCENTRAL
WEB SITE USER AGREEMENT AND DISCLAIMER
- First offense = 14 day ban from GliderCENTRAL
- Second offense = 30 day ban from GliderCENTRAL
- Third offense will be decided by GliderCENTRAL admin.
THIS HOME PAGE AND ALL SUBSIDIARY PAGES (SUGARGLIDER.NET and GLIDERCENTRAL.NET) ARE THE PROPERTY OF Karen and Eddie. BY ACCESSING THIS SITE , YOU ACCEPT, WITHOUT QUALIFICATION, ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS USER AGREEMENT.
1. Copyright and Trademark: The material on this Site, including but not limited to text, PM's, software, photographs, graphics, illustrations and artwork, video, music and sound, and names, logos, trademarks and service marks are the copyrighted or trademarked property of the site or such other Owner as stated thereon. The material may be displayed solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to modify, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, create derivative works from, broadcast or circulate any such material in any manner whatsoever without the written permission of the site or Owner.
2. Complete Waiver and Disclaimer of Liability: YOU ACCESS AND USE THIS SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK. This site, its employees, agents, directors, owners, affiliates, representatives, corporate successors or licensors, ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY or any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, general, aggravated, punitive or similar or other damages arising out of statements appearing on or your use of this Site or any action or statement in response to material posted on this Site. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST the site, its employees, agents, directors, owners, affiliates, representatives, corporate successors and licensors, however arising, from your use of this Site or any statement or information appearing on this Site. In particular but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, The site does not control, verify or endorse any statements, facts or opinions posted on this Site by users or the contents of any site linked to this Site. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content posted on this Site are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content.
3. This site may contain links
to Web sites operated by parties other than the Company. Such links
are provided for your convenience only. The Company does not control such Web sites and is not responsible for their contents. This Sites inclusion of links
to such Web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such Web sites or any association with their operators.
4. The information, software, products, and services included on this Site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. The Company and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in this Site at any time. Advice received via this Site should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
5. This Site reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this Site is offered. Use of this Site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph.
6. Promotions and Prizes: All promotions and Prizes will not be forwarded to post office boxes or general mail delivery. All entrants must be registered subscribers to sugarglider.net message board. Subscribers who cancel this subscription to sugarglider.net, can and will be removed from the current promotion or prize, and will forfeit any undelivered segment of any prize or promotion they have not received. Subscribers who provide an invalid email address - or an email address that rejects our communications - can and will also be removed from receiving prizes.
7. This User Agreement and any disputes arising out of or related to the Site shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of, and by the courts of, British Columbia, Canada and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this Site.