Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries #1381844
11/10/14 01:43 PM
11/10/14 01:43 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
LOL, well this isn't really their diary. I decided to track the behavior in one thread, as I've mentioned some here and there on the board. Placing it here will help with keeping it more together and easier for content to be noticed with possibly some fresh ideas of what's going on.

First, how I wish I could more accurately remember when the change first started to occur, but sadly I didn't make note and my judgment of time is lacking.

It was after we moved across country, and after they moved into their brand new HQ Large Sturdy cage, the largest they've ever had, I just can't remember how long after.

I will give a brief history for those who would not know or remember my glider's story. I'll add photos for entertainment purposes.

Here's their story:

The girls, were around a year old when I homed them, say hello to the girls, Lulu and Skadoosh.

Soon after moving in to our home.

They always got along, they never fought, maybe a little fuss or two in the pouch or hammock if one stepped on the other, you know the usual. They ate together in a small diner very well, but i did offer them two at times, either way they did fine. Notice their first small diner in the back left corner in above photo.

Just because I thought this was cute!

Then came Ollie, a lone male in need of a friend or two. He was around 4 years old and moved in with me last November, not too long before Thanksgiving.

Isn't he handsome?

He went through vet checks/fecal testing and 30 day quarantine protocol, living in his own enclosure, a generous sized, home-made screen enclosure (made by former mom) in a separate room. He also had his own tent for "out of cage" play (the girls had the bathroom).

I began the intro procedures right after the 2nd fecal was determined negative.
-I swapped fleece items including blankies, pouches and whatnot, as well as toys.
-I let them have "out of cage" play in each other's play areas, with shared play toys.
Then, because I couldn't move their cages into the same room, I used two single-layered bonding pouches and placed the girls in one, and Ollie in the other, wore them together a few times prior to formal introductions.

Intros went well the second attempt on the same day as the first (a totally different story). They were together by Christmas!

Playtime with travel wheel in bathroom.

They lived as a trio, Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh, very well in the Madagascar cage (in our bedroom). I had discontinued using diners at that time and began various different feeding stations at various locations in their habitat, and there was never any trouble with them.

Then in January it was decided we needed to move from MD to AZ, it would take several days and the gliders would end up living for about 6 days in their vacation Glide-Arium, I had custom made for 2-3 night trips.

This was embellished a little more with toys and the travel cage secured their pouch during travel and contained food (at night) and water.

Although cramped quarters and being on the road, daytime traveling in RV and nighttime in hotel rooms, they made the journey just fine and didn't have issues.

We had left the Madagascar cage behind and brought Ollie's home-made screen enclosure and that was their home until I could get a new cage. I was able to purchase them a new cage approximately 2 months in new, long-term but temporary living situation. I decided on the HQ Large Sturdy, moving them in was exciting and they have seemed to enjoy their new larger accommodations.

It was sometime after, I may have mentioned a estimated time-frame in months in other posts, but really I have no recollection of exactly how long ago this started and was only kind of guestimating in those posts.

My Ollie boy seemed to get fussy/crabby lunging and chasing the girls. At first I though it was only over the food. I was perplexed because I would still see them at times all eating together with no issues, then all of the sudden Ollie would act aggressive. No injuries have occurred, the gliders are checked frequently.

One evening/night I heard the ruckus and I saw Ollie in the toy Arc, there wasn't any food inside or around the toy, but he wouldn't let the girls in or near the opening. I began to think this wasn't food aggression, maybe more of a dominance issue.

I have noticed that this behavior is not directed at a single female, sometimes it's Lulu, sometimes it's Skadoosh. Sometimes he'll let one around and sometimes none and yet, there are times they'll all three be around each other, no problem. dunno

Ollie has always been an early riser, looking and waiting for food, he eats kibble and now the girls have started eating the kibble (Happy Glider), I have gone back to leaving a few kibbles in forage toys a few times a week for this past week after skipping a day.

This was an interesting turn of events:
The morning before last, I was sitting in front of cage observing after hearing Ollie crabbing, and saw that Lulu must have been chased away, she was on bridge, Skadoosh was in the wheel on the floor, and Ollie was inside the treehouse, no food inside the treehouse. Skadoosh was in and out of the wheel as I was watching, when she got too close to the treehouse, Ollie would crab and lunge, chasing her away. After I witnessed this happen 2 or 3 times, it was I believe the third time Ollie crabbed at Skadoosh, she just went right on inside the treehouse and climbed on top of him, boy did he hush up, they groomed each other a little bit, then Skadoosh sat in the doorway of the treehouse for a few moments, all the while Lulu had jumped down to the treehouse's roof top to investigate.

Some questions:

So, what do you all think I'm dealing with?
Do you think there is a solution?
And, As long as there is no injuries to my gliders, is it ok if this goes on and I keep them together?

Last edited by Terry; 11/10/14 01:49 PM.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
R.I.P. Lulu (2/28/12-10/13/17)
R.I.P. Skadoosh (2/28/12-3/26/18)
Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1381865
11/10/14 07:27 PM
11/10/14 07:27 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
It sounds like Skadoosh is the dominant one in the cage and he is trying to intimidate the other female so he can be second in command.

As long as they are not balling up or leaving wounds on each other I would just continue to watch them.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Feather] #1381867
11/10/14 07:57 PM
11/10/14 07:57 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Thanks Feather, it was quite interesting to see Skadoosh use that behavior, I had always heard Ollie, and when getting a chance to check things out, I'd see one of the girls, either Lulu or Skadoosh either running away or already climbed to at least mid-cage.

To me it always looked like he was "taking over", I had never really identified the "Leader" in the cage when it was just the pair, sometimes I thought if might be Skadoosh, but it wasn't perfectly clear.

After reading your reply stating that it sounds like Skadoosh has been the dominant one of the cage, lol, I'm remembering introduction day. At first the gliders crabbed and bickered, but the girls would run to me. I cannot remember which it was that ran and sat on my back now, because I was so elated that the second attempt went pretty well. With the girl's pouch on one side of the tub, his on the other with a neutral pouch in the middle, he simply climbed on top of them in their pouch and stayed there until they let him. I remember now, it was Skadooh at the opening of the pouch, guarding it, I thought she was protecting Lulu, who has been the pouch (at times the entire cage) protective one out of the pair.

So maybe that's what's exactly what is going on, maybe he wants to establish second on the totem pole. Is it also possible that he's trying to take over?

Last edited by Terry; 11/11/14 10:13 AM.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1381882
11/11/14 10:21 AM
11/11/14 10:21 AM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Well I didn't hear any arguments in the cage last night, I either slept through them or they got along. I'll be watching closely to see how things are going.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1381886
11/11/14 10:58 AM
11/11/14 10:58 AM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Your description of his behavior reminds me of my dad, grumpy old man.

He probably wants those to women to leave him to his putterings.

Kimberley
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Feather] #1381898
11/11/14 12:37 PM
11/11/14 12:37 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Lol, he makes the floor toys his man cave.

Funny, he started off with showing off his smooth wheel moves. So typical!

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1381991
11/12/14 02:07 PM
11/12/14 02:07 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Well, I was up a lot last night and early this morning, and I didn't hear any real skirmishes going on, a little fuss here and there, I believe from inside the pouch (you know, the norm).

It may be premature to say they resolved the issue, but sounds a lot nicer the past couple of days.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1382022
11/12/14 04:43 PM
11/12/14 04:43 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
It is possible that one or both of the girls could have been in heat and harassing the poor guy.

Kimberley

Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Feather] #1382042
11/12/14 06:26 PM
11/12/14 06:26 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
I didn't think of that, but this has been going on since around Spring I believe, I can't remember when it started exactly. I got them the new cage I think end of March, early April at the latest (I could try to see if I still have order confirmation or receipt). It started sometime after that. They have always been in our bedroom, since they were together, this was certainly a new behavior when it started.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1382130
11/13/14 04:02 PM
11/13/14 04:02 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Well, I heard Ollie getting fussy again last night. He makes a warning hissing noise, followed by clicks or chatter, not the same happy popping or clicking sound we hear them make when their content or like or investigating something. These are louder and mean sounding, then the crab or fuss noise, it's not like the crab noise you hear when they are disturbed in pouch, but more fussy.

Anyway, I heard the warning sounds about twice in a short period of time, then the fussing started. I did go look to see what he was guarding and he was eating from the f/v bowl on floor, but seemed to fuss when someone got too close to "his" treehouse.

I can't be sure if it was the food or the treehouse he was chasing one of the girls away from. And I couldn't tell which girl it was, because it was too dark and they were near back of cage, I couldn't see to identify her.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1382206
11/15/14 12:59 AM
11/15/14 12:59 AM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Lots of bickering from Ollie tonight already. He's either in or on the treehouse toy on the floor, when the girls, either or both go down to floor near him, he fusses and chases them away. I moved the v/f bowl that was on floor to shelf with other v/f bowl and seeing what he does. I want to eliminate food aggression for certain, as I suspect it's not about food.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1382207
11/15/14 01:51 AM
11/15/14 01:51 AM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
He has chosen the tree house to be his man cave and he is protecting it. LOL

Silly little man, doesn't he know the women rule the roost and the rooster.

Kimberley

Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Feather] #1382209
11/15/14 09:04 AM
11/15/14 09:04 AM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
He seems to like hanging around on floor level. On this level I have a wheel, fake branch, and usually either the treehouse or Noah's ark toy. I used to keep the v/f bowls on floor or lower level, after the fussing and chasing began, I moved one bowl to a higher level thinking it was food related. I was confused however because at times they'd eat together fine. Then I noticed he appeared to be guarding the Noah's arc toy. I switch these out every few weeks, so lately it is the treehouse. I feel I should leave all food on upper level to see if there is any skirmishes taking place near food or if they stay around floor toys.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1382273
11/16/14 09:38 AM
11/16/14 09:38 AM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Well a lot of fussing from Ollie this morning, and of course as I would guess, Ollie was on the floor, with no food in sight. I'm going to continue keeping all food on upper levels to observe Ollie's source of possessiveness.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1382515
11/19/14 08:56 PM
11/19/14 08:56 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
There is good news and bad news.

The good news is Ollie boy doesn't appear to be food aggressive, which is a huge relief.

The bad news is he's titled himself the "Floor Manager", which means he controls the ongoings on the floor of the cage, and the accessories he deems to be "his" he will not let the girls have access to with out fussing and chasing them off.

But at least it's not the food, and there are two wheels, and other hide-out and toy options throughout the cage, so the girls have plenty to do.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1382521
11/19/14 09:27 PM
11/19/14 09:27 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
shakehead

Kimberley

Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1382543
11/20/14 09:59 AM
11/20/14 09:59 AM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
It sounds like Ollie has figured out what his role in the colony is. wink

Shelly

Don't sacrifice quality information for convenient information.

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: GliderNursery] #1382546
11/20/14 10:24 AM
11/20/14 10:24 AM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Yes, it seems so.

I'm a little curious and concerned about what's going to happen in their vacation enclosure. They all got along great in there on the way out here, but he hadn't claimed his position at that time. He was still in the "honeymoon" stage and showing off his cool wheel moves. There will be only one wheel (travel sized) and not as much toys will fit.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1382600
11/21/14 10:29 AM
11/21/14 10:29 AM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Well, they spent the night in the vaca habitat because their cage is loaded in the Uhaul. I heard some barking here and there throughout the night and morning, but that happens in cycles every so often and had been on and off this past week. I didn't hear any fussing, unless I slept through that. I doubt it though, the habitat was on closer to me than the cage was.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1383088
11/28/14 07:42 PM
11/28/14 07:42 PM
Fort Myers, Florida
JenK Offline
Glider Explorer
JenK  Offline
Glider Explorer

Fort Myers, Florida
Hope all goes well for you and the trio! Reading your story is very interesting . Sugar glider behavior is so complex! Please keep us posted on how things progress- you always have interesting info:)

Jen

Oscar & Olly
:bb: :grey:
Chip :rbridge:
Dale, Adam, & Abel
:grey: :grey: :bb:
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: JenK] #1383094
11/28/14 08:13 PM
11/28/14 08:13 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Thank you. They are quite amusing and never cease to amaze me with their personalities they have.

Well, while traveling across country again and staying in their vacation habitat, I didn't hear any skirmishes, but then neither the tree house or Noah's arc have been available to them during the trip.

Since returning, they're still currently in the vacation habitat for a bit longer, I cannot sleep in the room they're currently in at the time, but working on it so I can spend the night in the same room with them, I miss that. I'm hesitant on placing one of those floor toys in there until I can get them into their regular cage as well as sleep where I can keep an ear out on Ollie.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1383494
12/03/14 11:21 AM
12/03/14 11:21 AM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Sadly, I'm not able to sleep in the same room with my brats since I've arrived back in MD Tuesday November 25th (we moved).
I'm hoping within the next couple of weeks (more or less) to be able to do so, however they are now in their second night back in their home cage.

Since not being able to sleep in the same room, I cannot tell if there are any squabbles going on over floor toys, however I've seen them all eating well together still. All the food (main diet) is served on the corner shelf.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1383550
12/03/14 06:32 PM
12/03/14 06:32 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
Terry, why don't you check into getting/borrowing a baby monitor? Then you could at least still hear them.

Shelly

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: GliderNursery] #1383554
12/03/14 07:34 PM
12/03/14 07:34 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
That's a good idea, however, I don't know anyone who has one to spare to borrow from and I'm prioritizing my purchases. I think if it would be longer than a couple of weeks or so, I would invest in one of those.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1383564
12/03/14 08:07 PM
12/03/14 08:07 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
wink

Shelly

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1383577
12/04/14 12:37 AM
12/04/14 12:37 AM
Longview, Texas
Kris_N_Zoe Offline
Glider Slave
Kris_N_Zoe  Offline
Glider Slave

Longview, Texas
There's usually some at GoodWill if you have one in your area. Just a thought. wink

Pibble pup Jenson jump Glide free: Smoke (6/16/15) and Zoey (10/2/15) :rbridge:
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1383664
12/04/14 07:29 PM
12/04/14 07:29 PM
Fort Myers, Florida
JenK Offline
Glider Explorer
JenK  Offline
Glider Explorer

Fort Myers, Florida
Hi Terry
I purchased a D Link home monitor camera- sound quality isn't great,but good video feed for the money, $60 on amazon with a free link to iphone- just needs WiFi,or hard wired. I know you said you didn't want to purchase anything now, but thought I would share. smile

Jen

Oscar & Olly
:bb: :grey:
Chip :rbridge:
Dale, Adam, & Abel
:grey: :grey: :bb:
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: JenK] #1383666
12/04/14 08:04 PM
12/04/14 08:04 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Thank you, that sounds like something that I might be nice to have sometime in the future.

I appreciate the suggestions, but I had mentioned already that it wasn't feasible at this time. Although all good ideas, as I do miss not sleeping in the same room, but really, I seriously can't justify that spending at this time.

I will hopefully be able to sleep in their room with them in about 2 weeks or so. Not really much longer, just seems that way frown . I still have a lot of cleaning out in that room and the major part, weather willing (hopefully not too rainy)moving large pieces of furniture out this Saturday. Then it's a matter of getting a bed, one of my larger expenses. I had to order more food for the gliders already, and I had to have a tire repaired today. On top, I'd like to have something for my grandchildren for Christmas at least, so I'm not in a hurry to rush out and buy a camera or baby monitor that I'll only need for two weeks. I'm living on limited funds left from savings until I get a job out here.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1383968
12/08/14 07:24 PM
12/08/14 07:24 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Last evening and again this evening, I heard & saw Ollie boy fussing at the girls at the food bowls (f/v). I did get the food in kind of late this evening, but only a little late last night.

Ollie is used to being the first one up to eat, and the girls have been coming out soon after to get some food. I do have some Happy Glider pellets in some forage toys for them to munch on, and around 4pm this evening I saw all three of them on their branch (with forage cups) eating some pellets. So I thought is was ok to serve their dinner a little later because they were snacking kind of close to dinner serving time (between 5-5:30pm).

I ended up moving a bowl to the cage floor and Lulu and Skadoosh were eating from that bowl together while Ollie enjoyed eating on what has become their dinner shelf.

I guess I'm going to have to use two dining areas, at least for f/v bowls for now frown . He wasn't really vicious or attacking them, but fussy and I want all of my brats to be able to eat in peace.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: The Ollie, Lulu & Skadoosh Diaries [Re: Terry] #1384299
12/14/14 10:35 AM
12/14/14 10:35 AM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Yesterday was a big day moving furniture out that had to go and some of my furniture in (still not bed yet, but that will come).

Anyway, my son and brother-inlaw (who has truck) came to move the heavy furniture and take things where they needed to go. It was just before 3pm getting started and just a little after 5pm when the heavy work was done. My sister and brother-inlaw left, they had stuff to do, and my son, who lives about 40 minutes away stayed for a while to visit a bit, which was real nice since I don't see him often. Anyway, this made it after 6pm getting my glider's food to them, It's been a long time since I've served their dinner that late, other than Thanksgiving.

Anyway, Skadoosh was up and waiting on the shelf when I first went up, then when I got back with the food, Ollie was waiting with her. They had eaten most of the pellets that was in their forage toys. I'm not sure if Lulu had been up and went back to pouch or if she'd slept the whole time. I placed their HPW in it's holder and placed a f/v bowl on shelf and another f/v on the floor, under their fake branch to help hide from view.

Let me say at first I was pleasantly surprised because Ollie and Skadoosh began eating from the same bowl on the shelf. But it didn't last long, he became very fussy with her, but didn't lunge at her or chase her, it was all talk.

She and Lulu, who finally came out began eating from bowl on the floor.

I left them to eat for a bit, then started to get busy moving and rearranging furniture and a bunch of boxes and stuff that needs sorting through to finish cleaning out the room. I got their cage and furniture placed in the planned locations, most of their stuff in order and organized (adjustments come later) and the rest of my clothes unpacked from suitcases and put away dance

During this time on and off, Ollie became very much a bully, he was fussing more aggressively and lunging and chasing the girls away from the food. Sometimes it was on the floor and other times from the shelf. I did fuss with him and at times even put my hand in the cage to stop him. upset

My precious Lulu moment:

I checked on them all this morning, Lulu was up and I gave her some pine nuts, the others stayed asleep. Lulu wanted to come out so badly, the room is still such a mess, no room for tent and stuff everywhere, I couldn't let her out to play. I felt so bad, so I let her out on my arm, hoping she wouldn't run to my back like she usually does. This time, she just sat on my arm, in front! She actually let me pet her and love on her a little, this rarely happens, but I was ecstatic, my Lulu moment dance Then I put her back into the cage and waited a bit, after she went back to the pouch, I took the pouch in and checked on the other two. Everyone was fine.

My plan is to get a lot of stuff out during the week to make room for my bed when I get it. In the meantime, when the floor is cleared, I'm hoping to be able to get my babies out for much deserved and long awaited out of cage play.

Last edited by Terry; 12/14/14 10:42 AM.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 372 guests, and 89 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,586 TEXAS
679,082 OHIO
487,164 OKLAHOMA
432,170 UTAH
321,695 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024