Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. #1416174
05/05/18 02:25 AM
05/05/18 02:25 AM
United States
Tynk3287 Offline OP
In Pouch
Tynk3287  Offline OP
In Pouch

United States
My husband and I, adopted a breeding pair of gliders from a trustworthy glider owner and friend, she just didn’t have the time that was needed to dedicate to them with being in and out of the hospital for a family member and work.

It’s been about 4 months now and no progress with bonding I’ve tried all the tricks and bonding techniques I’ve read on this forum and others and I’m about heart broken that they don’t like either of us.

We’ve used bonding pouches, bribing with treats, cloths with our scent, not putting our hands in only to change their pouches or bedding, giving food and water. Trying to hold them or have them come to us is impossible. They’ll go it to a pouch easily if we hold it but do not like to be held or touched. Constantly crabbing and biting. The female is worse than the male I’m not sure if it’s because she has two babies right now or what but she’s been getting progressively worse.

All I want to do is be her friend and make sure all is well with the babies, her and dad. But she acts as if I’m the devil trying to take her kiddos away.

Please help!!! :bb: :leu:

Best,
Tynk
Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416175
05/05/18 07:24 AM
05/05/18 07:24 AM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
I understand how you feel. I never dealt with a pregnant glider, so can't tell you if being extra protective is normal for sure, but it does make sense if it were the case.

Even so, with some gliders four months isn't that long to be in the trust building process. I understand when you read how quickly they bond, and the it doesn't happen feels. All of my gliders have been that way, mine took forever it seemed. Be patient with them, it pays off.

Just keep your practices in building trust, continue to love and nurture them, they will eventually develop more trust in you. Gliders have different dispositions and personalities, they relate accordingly. Also, please keep in mind that for the most part, more gliders prefer not to be held or handled than those they do, or even tolerate it. Additionally, if they do tool rate being held and handled, it's during sleepy time (daytime hours), not when they are up and about.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
R.I.P. Lulu (2/28/12-10/13/17)
R.I.P. Skadoosh (2/28/12-3/26/18)
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416177
05/05/18 09:27 AM
05/05/18 09:27 AM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Not all gliders like to be held in our hands. I would try doing tent time with them. Be patient, they both may come around if he is neutered and they are no longer having babies.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416178
05/05/18 10:47 AM
05/05/18 10:47 AM
United States
Tynk3287 Offline OP
In Pouch
Tynk3287  Offline OP
In Pouch

United States
Thank you all for your input. I shall try tent time once more. I stopped because all the female did was bite. And hard to the point I would bleed.

If anyone else has some input I would greatly appreciated it.

Last edited by Tynk3287; 05/05/18 10:48 AM.

Best,
Tynk
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416185
05/06/18 08:47 AM
05/06/18 08:47 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Have you tried making glider noises when she bites like " tsk, sssst, shht"? That is glider talk for "I don't like what you are doing". I've also used a firm No afterwards. Our second glider took 9 months to bond.

Soft voices, reading or singing lulliby type songs helps to when you are in the room. When you approach the cage let them know you are there. They will probably crab. When they do, try to talk to them. They may get more upset, but stay until you have the last word. They will learn you don't go away that easy. Feed snacks through the cage bars.

I'm sorry, but my grandkids just woke up. They are here doe the weekend. Cant focus. To be continued... Hope this helps.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416197
05/06/18 11:46 PM
05/06/18 11:46 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Ok, I'm back. Trust is what you need to earn from the gliders. Were they ever handled by their first owners?

Are you planning to breed? Or planning to have dad and sons neutered?

Momma may have issues trying to protect her babies. She may not choose to bond during this time. The best thing to do would be to let her have her space for now. Work with the male so she can see how you interact with him.

Have you tried tent or bathroom time?

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416198
05/07/18 01:03 AM
05/07/18 01:03 AM
United States
Tynk3287 Offline OP
In Pouch
Tynk3287  Offline OP
In Pouch

United States
Dawn thank you for your input. I do not know how often they were handled with hands or if they were ever hand tamed.

to answer a couple of your questions yes I have done tent time and talked with them while in the tent. I’ve made some noises when talking to them. Not sure if they are exactly glider sounds. they don’t seem to like being touched ever they typically crab when touched or even put hands near them and/or bite really hard. which to me kind indicates that they weren’t hand tamed necessarily. Also I do not plan to fix dad though his sons once able to leave mom will go into a separate cage away from mom and dad and if I must fix one of the boys as I’m still a little hesitant to do so being that it’s hard to find a proper veterinarian to do such procedure.

I’m just not sure how to bond with these little boogers anymore so any advice helps.

Best,
Tynk
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416199
05/07/18 12:16 PM
05/07/18 12:16 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
I understand your frustration in wanting these precious cuties to bond quicker than they are. Unfortunately, for the human caretakers, they bond at their pace rather than ours. It would be much easier for us if we could know for sure how they think, but we can't.

Your little ones are now in their second home, and there is no way to know what kind of bond they had with their first owners until they no longer had the time to spend with them.

It may take some time for them to trust you and accept they aren't going to be put in another home. Just keep doing what you are doing. I'm sure they will come around.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416225
05/09/18 08:23 PM
05/09/18 08:23 PM
Ada OK
Claralice Offline
Glider Lover
Claralice  Offline
Glider Lover

Ada OK
Hi and this may be off topic but I just had both my boys neutered. Initially, I was very distrustful and hesitant but after a couple of months and some personal issues, it was completed. BEST decision ever and it might calm down your male - not sure of vets in your area but this site has a data base-which is how I located my vet. She was an hour plus away but worth the drive!
Good luck with your gliders!

Freddie and Barnabus Caramel neutered males
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416226
05/10/18 05:36 PM
05/10/18 05:36 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Howdy Tynk,

As many of the very knowledgable people here have already mentioned, these little buggers do things at their own pace, in their own way, with each their own limit. That doesn't mean you should be without hope... just may require more patience than you originally planned. To top that off, you have rehomed furballs, with babies, who do not -sound- like they were handled very often before coming to you. Hope you like challenges, because you climbed stright in to the heavy-weight ring wink

Don't fear though. Look at it from the view point that YOU are trying to join THEIR colony... and they are basicly experiencing an episode from 'Lost in Space' or similar: new territory, family to protect, strange unknown creatures who communicate funny & may want to eat them...

I'm not saying any of this to put you off or scare you... just, perspective. Once you make it over the hump it will be sooooo worth it all. They amount of happiness these crazy critters can bring is amazing.

As far as what to do... step back & slow down. Trust me, I know it's hard, I had to do exactly that a few times during the first many moons I had mine. Each time I gave them that break... just sitting near them, reading outloud or talking to them... letting them get use to my continual presence really... when we resumed fully interacting through bathroom/tent time, pouch time, or just inviting them to come out & play, there was noticiable improvement. I came to kinda looked at it like time to let things soak in. A couple weeks of interactions, then maybe a week of space.

Even with that & two years of them putting up with me, my four have different levels of bondedness (new word, maybe?), each their own tolerances for handling, & not one agrees on how much time or how to play with me. It was a learning process for all five of us smile My boys do not like to be handled much, though Arthur will always come investigate me (in the hope it involves a treat, really). It is infrequent that Arthur makes an effort to come out to play, but he's pretty easy to coax out. Merlin... its rare to get him to come out of the cage once he's awake for the night. He doesn't want to be far from the action... but he's quite content being on the sidelines. If I try to offer Merlin more attention, it is more likely he'll retreat to the cage than interact more.

My girls are the opposite. They love to come out of the cage & interact with me; get quite pushy about it. Even with them, there are differences: When active, Morgana will only let me pet her tail, anything else & she'll scurry to the other shoulder, but she's okay if it's been a while since pouch time or a long play date. Gwyn is very tolerant of being petted but will loudly proclaim how upset she is during the wee hours of the night if she isn't given enough attention... & if that doesn't work, she'll become louder & do it more often. (I wish I was exagerating... it's a really good thing she's cute.)

But it has been a two year process to get this far with them. Does it mean it'll take you two years before they'll tolerate you? I doubt that! What you'll see is little gains that, like interest, compound on each other for a time. Then, for no apparent reason, you'll seem to plateau. Give them a little space & patience (yup, that dreadful word again), then progress will resume. Why? Because they're hyper balls of dryer lint with as much personality as most people & that's what they feel like doing, hehehe.

Okay, that's a lot of rambling & examples to try to make a some small, but very important points:
- You're starting from a rough place, take it slow. No, slower than that.
- You just want to love on them while they're wondering if you're hungry.
- You've decided they're part of your family, but they're still deciding on you.
- Changing all that required time, patience, more time, more patience, & patience.
- It is totally, 100% worth even minute of every effort.

If you're looking more for techniques, I can offer those as well... but first, taking a deeeeeep breath & keeping those points in mind is what got me on track.

Last edited by Hutch; 05/10/18 05:37 PM.

- Hutch

:grey: Morgana (11/15)

:rbridge:
Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

The epic saga begins here!
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416231
05/11/18 02:16 AM
05/11/18 02:16 AM
United States
Tynk3287 Offline OP
In Pouch
Tynk3287  Offline OP
In Pouch

United States
I really just need guidance as to what to do. I’ve never experienced it this bad.

No matter what I do they scurry at any sign of us.

The only time they are interested is if we have food for them.

The female bites anytime she can. With me only she bites my husband if he goes near the pouch. And the male follows her lead.

Until the babies are ready to be separated from their parents. I’m planning to leave them alone and even after that.

Best,
Tynk
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416233
05/11/18 11:26 AM
05/11/18 11:26 AM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Originally Posted By: Tynk3287
My husband and I, adopted a breeding pair of gliders from a trustworthy glider owner and friend, she just didn’t have the time that was needed to dedicate to them with being in and out of the hospital for a family member and work.
Originally Posted By: ynk3287
Until the babies are ready to be separated from their parents. I’m planning to leave them alone and even after that.

I think all of us concentrated on the issue of bonding and completely missed the fact you had a breeding pair of gliders. I did until I read the part in your last post about "babies" or joeys.

IMO, this could be why you are having more problems with bonding. First, they are in a new home, and second they are trying to protect their joeys.

You are going to have to step back and give them space until these joeys are at least weaned, and you are able to handle them. I have no doubt the biting is their way of telling you to keep your distance from the joeys.

Continue to talk to them through the cage as well as offering treats through the bars. This will probably be a very slow process but it will be rewarding in the end.

Sugar Glider Help

Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416253
05/13/18 05:40 PM
05/13/18 05:40 PM
United States
Tynk3287 Offline OP
In Pouch
Tynk3287  Offline OP
In Pouch

United States
Well thank you all for your advice and input.

This is definitely going to be a tough and challenging breeding pair to bond with. any of you have any ideas or techniques in helping do this, I would greatly appreciate that input. I’ve tried tent times, I’ve tried treats, I’ve tried everything that I can possibly think of or have read to do and nothing seems to be working. even before she had Joey’s, she was a definite biter. the male is not so bad but he does take her lead if she starts crabbing and getting aggressive with me which is when I usually just Put her in a fleece pouch and let her calm down. she did take a piece of my finger more like a chunk of my finger recently and I am not sure what else to do at this point I’ve all but given up hope of these two especially her.

I now have a new concern. I was cleaning the cage today and giving the gliders freshwater I pulled mom out to get put her in a different pouch as well as check on her two current joeys (5weeks OOP). while everything was being cleaned. she dropped two fresh Joey that were still pink and tiny the size of a fingernail pick them up and eat them. she still has two Joey’s. Is it normal for pregnancy to overlap? As well as her eating the new joeys while still having two on teet?

Best,
Tynk
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416255
05/13/18 06:05 PM
05/13/18 06:05 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
I now have a new concern. I was cleaning the cage today and giving the gliders freshwater I pulled mom out to get put her in a different pouch as well as check on her two current joeys (5weeks OOP). while everything was being cleaned. she dropped two fresh Joey that were still pink and tiny the size of a fingernail pick them up and eat them. she still has two Joey’s. Is it normal for pregnancy to overlap? As well as her eating the new joeys while still having two on teet?

I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to back off from this mom/pair and leave them alone except for the bare necessities.

You have an extremely stressed mom based on your last post. Assuming this has been a successful breeding pair, the fact they have five week old joeys now with joeys in pouch which is not abnormal, for her to get rid of them is not normal. Extreme stress will cause her to act out in ways she would not normally.

It takes both mom and dad to raise the joeys, so she is doing everything she can to tell you to back off. There may have been something wrong with the ones she was carrying, but there is no way to know for sure.

Please let them bond with you on their time.

Sugar Glider Help

Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416261
05/13/18 06:31 PM
05/13/18 06:31 PM
United States
Tynk3287 Offline OP
In Pouch
Tynk3287  Offline OP
In Pouch

United States
That’s just the thing I have been doing only the necessities.

Best,
Tynk
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416263
05/13/18 06:36 PM
05/13/18 06:36 PM
United States
Tynk3287 Offline OP
In Pouch
Tynk3287  Offline OP
In Pouch

United States
I can’t even put food in there without her coming out of the pouch and attacking my hand. I’ve tried talking and giving treats. The Joeys that are out of pouch are doing just fine. Am I supposed to just take the juries out it eight weeks when the wind and leave mom and dad alone in a dark gr am I supposed to just take the Joey’s out at eight weeks when their weened and leave mom and dad the hell alone in a room.

I don’t think you fully understand how violent she is, with or without joeys.

I’ve set an appointment to get the dad fixed.

Last edited by Tynk3287; 05/13/18 06:37 PM.

Best,
Tynk
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416264
05/13/18 06:39 PM
05/13/18 06:39 PM
United States
Tynk3287 Offline OP
In Pouch
Tynk3287  Offline OP
In Pouch

United States
KarenE, she doesn’t have new joeys in pouch she ate them.

Best,
Tynk
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416266
05/13/18 06:51 PM
05/13/18 06:51 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
I understand that she cannibalized the joeys she did have in her pouch so she no longer has new joeys in pouch. The only joeys she has are the five week old ones.

Well thank you all for your advice and input.

This is definitely going to be a tough and challenging breeding pair to bond with. any of you have any ideas or techniques in helping do this, I would greatly appreciate that input. I’ve tried tent times, I’ve tried treats, I’ve tried everything that I can possibly think of or have read to do and nothing seems to be working. even before she had Joey’s, she was a definite biter. the male is not so bad but he does take her lead if she starts crabbing and getting aggressive with me which is when I usually just Put her in a fleece pouch and let her calm down. she did take a piece of my finger more like a chunk of my finger recently and I am not sure what else to do at this point I’ve all but given up hope of these two especially her.

That was the post I was responding to about leaving her alone. When she took a chunk out of your finger, she was more than likely protecting the joeys she had in pouch at that time.

As for separating the joeys when they are about eight weeks old from mom and dad - after dad is neutered -yes, that is what I would do so mom is possibly not as protective of them. You may even need to put them in another room if you intend on keeping them.

Then I need to find How To Bond with a Biter.

Sugar Glider Help

Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416267
05/13/18 07:01 PM
05/13/18 07:01 PM
United States
Tynk3287 Offline OP
In Pouch
Tynk3287  Offline OP
In Pouch

United States
Is neutering dad the better choice or should I just leave them alone because I’m in New Mexico and I can’t find a proper vet that I absolutely trust with these little guys. I was just gonna leave it alone and let them do their thing because I don’t want to take a risk of getting dad neutered and it causing more problems between them two and one of them die.

I honestly was contemplating keeping the Joeys and getting mom and dad help with a friend who’s had gliders for five years as I’ve only had gliders for a few years. Before this pair.

Best,
Tynk
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416268
05/13/18 07:10 PM
05/13/18 07:10 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
You cannot keep them as a family unit unless you have dad neutered because if inbreeding. If you have male/female joeys, you cannot keep them together either without having that male neutered for same reason.

This Archived Thread is about bonding With A Pouch Protective Glider which you do not have I don't think, but there is some really good information in it that might help you with her.

Sugar Glider Help

Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: KarenE] #1416269
05/13/18 07:14 PM
05/13/18 07:14 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA

Sugar Glider Help

Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416270
05/13/18 07:17 PM
05/13/18 07:17 PM
United States
Tynk3287 Offline OP
In Pouch
Tynk3287  Offline OP
In Pouch

United States
Thank you karenE.

I wasn’t planning on keeping them as a family did to Joeys will go into their separate cage in another room.

I love gliders though I feel like the mom and dad will never bond to me. I don’t know if I’ve done something wrong Or the techniques I’ve tried or not anything that they have done before and they don’t but I’m not sure what else I can run to Joeys are weaned from mom and dad. I would love for both of them want to bond.

Do you think that it’s a good idea to leave mom and dad alone for about a month after the joeys are weaned and then try something as simple as giving treats and start talking to them without touching.

Best,
Tynk
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416271
05/13/18 07:39 PM
05/13/18 07:39 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Like you mentioned, there is no way of knowing what their previous home life was like. Were they simply used for breeding or were they pets as well dunno

At any rate, once these joeys are moved, you should be able to tell if mom was simply being protective or if she is indeed going to be difficult with bonding. IF they were only used for breeding, then you may have a more difficult road, but that doesn't mean she won't bond. However, if the male isn't neutered, and she has joeys again, then I'm not sure how this is going to go.

Sugar Glider Help

Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416272
05/13/18 07:54 PM
05/13/18 07:54 PM
United States
Tynk3287 Offline OP
In Pouch
Tynk3287  Offline OP
In Pouch

United States
Okay thank you. For everything.

May I PM you if I have anymore concerns or questions

Best,
Tynk
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416273
05/13/18 08:12 PM
05/13/18 08:12 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Of course, however, we like to keep as much as possible on the board so others may benefit agree We never know when someone might just be reading and searching for this very information. Just too hesitant to ask wink

Sugar Glider Help

Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416278
05/14/18 12:47 PM
05/14/18 12:47 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
I was cleaning the cage today and giving the gliders freshwater I pulled mom out to get put her in a different pouch as well as check on her two current joeys (5weeks OOP).

This isn't necessary, Tynk, just put a clean pouch in the cage, they'll move when they're ready.

Do you think that it’s a good idea to leave mom and dad alone for about a month after the joeys are weaned and then try something as simple as giving treats and start talking to them without touching.

You'll need to play it by ear & eye. They -should- start paying attention when you're around & showing curiousity or mild interest in what you're doing, instead of fear or aggression. Ears up, relaxed body, & eyes up versus ears down & squinty eyes, tight/ready to pounce body.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416283
05/15/18 06:54 AM
05/15/18 06:54 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
I've thought about it some more since last night. I wouldn't plan on any bonding until the babies are about 10-12 weeks OOP. Reason: 8-12 weeks seems to be the range joeys can leave mama-glider, depending on the breeder. Since it's been so rough so far, I'd say the more time for both the humans & the fuzzies would be better. This is assuming, of course, you get papa-glider fixed before mama-glider get knocked up again... that would just restart the clock.

In the meantime, I'd keep everything as low-stress as possible:
-- Put food in before they wake & do not remove until they're asleep for the day.
-- Don't clean their cage all at once & only during the day.
-- Don't change all their fleece/toys all at once, swap one or two items as needed.
-- As I said about, don't force moves, just give them the option for when they're ready.

Even while you're waiting, you can help them think of their new home as a happy/safe place:
-- Keep plenty of toys & brain teasers in their cage.
-- Hide treats before they wake all around.
-- Put small things that smell like you (fleece squares you've carrier around or slept with, for example) around areas of the cage they like to hang out. Not too many, but just so your smell is associated with their territory. I'd avoid putting them in the pouch until closer to the end... but if you're lucky they'll pull them into their nest themselves smile

I truly understand treating these guys as 'window pets' will be hard for the few weeks. Think of it like an investment: the interest you'll accumulate letting them relax will pay off when you resume/restart bonding.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416313
05/17/18 11:23 PM
05/17/18 11:23 PM
United States
Tynk3287 Offline OP
In Pouch
Tynk3287  Offline OP
In Pouch

United States
So the vet I thought would be able to fix my daddy glider said he wouldn’t do it so now i am totally not sure what to do.

I’ve kinda accepted the fact that the breeding pair will never bond and that I will only just have their babies to bond to and find absolutely great homes for.

Best,
Tynk
Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Tynk3287] #1416314
05/18/18 05:18 AM
05/18/18 05:18 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Did the vet say why he wouldn't neuter?

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: HELP!!! Adopted older gliders. [Re: Ladymagyver] #1416315
05/18/18 10:41 AM
05/18/18 10:41 AM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Originally Posted By: Ladymagyver
Did the vet say why he wouldn't neuter?

That is a good question. I have looked back through this thread and could not find where the age of this breeding pair was mentioned anywhere.

How old is this male?

Sugar Glider Help

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024