Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Ladymagyver. 03/28/24 09:57 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ideas for diet recipes! #1419477
02/16/19 11:53 AM
02/16/19 11:53 AM
USA
shanifanch Offline OP
shanifanch  Offline OP

USA
Hey all! I've had my 4 suggies for about 4 months now and can hoenstly say I am simply in love <3
So, like many suggie parents, the diet thing is the most stressful because of course I want my babies to have everything they
need in addition to the things they like. I have been feeding them the Priscilla Price diet aka The Pet glider diet since i got them and
they seemed to like it but I am running out of ideas for them. The exact recipe of the website doesn't give any specifics, so
i am very curious and looking forward to seeing your recipes!

In addition to recipes, leave a little comment about what diet you are feeding your suggies if it is not TPG and what you like to mix up at home!

Any diet info is welcomed:) Can't wait to hear from you all.

<3 My Colony ~
*Meeko, Kratos, Matilda, and Sweetie*
Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: Ideas for diet recipes! [Re: shanifanch] #1419478
02/16/19 10:54 PM
02/16/19 10:54 PM
Ada OK
Claralice Offline
Glider Lover
Claralice  Offline
Glider Lover

Ada OK
Hi, I only feed CritterLove with salads. My four are looking so good!

Freddie and Barnabus Caramel neutered males
Re: Ideas for diet recipes! [Re: shanifanch] #1419480
02/16/19 11:29 PM
02/16/19 11:29 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
I feed and recommend Critterlove diets. Critterlove diets have been scientifically tested and they continue to be tested. You can use Plus, where you add your own eggs, bee pollen and honey or Complete where you just add water.

There are five different salad mixtures that you can mix up and freeze, you are to mix one up and feed it til it is gone then choose another salad and mix that up until it is gone.

Each glider gets a tablespoon of Critterlove Plus (which freezes to the consistency of ice cream) or Complete (which needs to be frozen in ice cube trays) and two tablespoons of salad each night.

There are a wide variety of fruits and vegetables in each salad and they are balanced when feed with Critterlove.

I do not recommend TPG, there are two many inconsistencies with egg in one and chicken or turkey in another. I really don't like the sprinkling on of the vitamins. Either the first one to the food dish gets to many vitamins and minerals and the last one to the dish doesn't get enough and I have also seen it where they will not eat anything the vitamins have been sprinkled on.

Check out the Critterlove diet here: https://www.critterlove.com/

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: Ideas for diet recipes! [Re: shanifanch] #1419482
02/17/19 12:19 AM
02/17/19 12:19 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
I have fed BML, HPW and OHPW.

I now feed Critterlove with salad( mix #3 most of the time). It takes the guesswork out of mealtime and I don't have to worry about them getting enough of the calcium to phosphourus ratio.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: Ideas for diet recipes! [Re: shanifanch] #1419483
02/17/19 10:47 AM
02/17/19 10:47 AM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Originally Posted by shanifanch
I have been feeding them the Priscilla Price diet aka The Pet glider diet since i got them and
they seemed to like it but I am running out of ideas for them. The exact recipe of the website doesn't give any specifics

You are correct in that many people find diet very confusing until they find the one that works for them and their gliders.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the highlighted portion of your post, but the recipe on the website does give you specific amounts and directions for making the recipe for two gliders.

Anyway you are wanting to switch, and you have been given an excellent recommendation for the Critterlove products.

Anywhere you see the word diet highlighted in the text, click on it and it will take you to our database where you will find other diets you can look at to see if you would be interested in any of them.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: Ideas for diet recipes! [Re: KarenE] #1419528
02/22/19 09:57 AM
02/22/19 09:57 AM
USA
shanifanch Offline OP
shanifanch  Offline OP

USA
Thank you for your reply! I suppose I came off a bit unclear as to what I was expecting from this post, I apologize! Honestly it sounded a lot different in my head when I was typing it lol!

Anyway - by specifics I meant moreso the exact ingredients used in each mixture for the fruits/veggies and protein..I see that the site explains how, just as humans do, gliders like more of a variety so if you're able to make a few different batches at one time and give some variety to dinner time each week then your babies would be good to go! But, i came to a stop when i was trying to figure out different combinations and began my search for the perfect diet once again. I guess what i was looking for is just some ideas as to what your suggies like compared to other suggies in a different home and what everyone finds to be the most liked ingredients and so on!

Does that make more sense to you guys? I hope so haha!

<3

<3 My Colony ~
*Meeko, Kratos, Matilda, and Sweetie*
Re: Ideas for diet recipes! [Re: shanifanch] #1419529
02/22/19 11:01 AM
02/22/19 11:01 AM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
I know there are many people who have success with Priscilla's diet plan, however, many of us do not like a diet that sprinkles the vitamins rather than having them incorporated in the staple. That is because unless they are thoroughly mixed into the staple, you can never be sure which glider is getting vitamins and which is getting little or possibly none.

Now, I think I understand your question, so let's start with the veggies. Many people use the mixed veggies you can get. Using those will give you a good idea after a few days what your gliders like and don't. It's possible they will like them all. In that case, good for them. They will be good veggie eaters wink

For the fruits, look at the list Priscilla has given you and pick a couple. I find the fruit list a little more difficult:

Favorites include: oranges, papayas, tangerines, pineapples, mangos, cantaloupes, bananas, kiwi, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and cherries that have been pitted. If you peel a fruit before you eat it, then peel it for your sugar glider.
DO NOT FEED RHUBARB.

I say the list is difficult because there are not fruits listed that are commonly fed with other diet plans such as apple, grapes, watermelon, honeydew, blackberries. That being said each diet plan will include different fruits and veggies to keep the diet balanced.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: Ideas for diet recipes! [Re: shanifanch] #1419530
02/22/19 11:06 AM
02/22/19 11:06 AM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Lets try this.....

My gliders are on the Critterlove diet. The Critterlove mixture, Plus or Complete is the gliders protein portion of the meal. It also has vitamins, minerals and other important things.

Their salad is one of the 5 salad mixtures from the Critterlove web site.

My glider eat just about everything in the salads.

The Critterlove fed with the salad mixtures is a balanced diet for our pet sugar gliders. It has and continues to be scientifically studied.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 545 guests, and 75 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,161
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,635 TEXAS
679,102 OHIO
487,225 OKLAHOMA
432,221 UTAH
321,741 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024