HI EVERYONE,
I'M SO SORRY TO REPORT WHAT A BAD MOTHER I AM. I TRULY DIDN'T DESERVE TO HAVE SAMPSON IN MY LIFE, EVEN FOR THE SHORT PERIOD HE WAS THERE. LAST NIGHT, I FORGOT TO CLOSE SAMPSON'S CAGE ALL OF THE WAY. I THOUGHT IT WAS, BUT I GUESS IT WASN'T. HE GOT OUT OF MY ROOM BY GOING UNDERNEATH MY DOOR, AND MY DOG GOT HIM. I WOKE UP TO HIS SCREAMS, HE WAS BACKED INTO A CORNER. I DON'T KNOW WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED. I TOOK HIM RIGHT AWAY TO THE EMERGENCY vet. HE'S THERE RIGHT NOW. THERE WERE NO EXTERNAL INJURIES, BUT HE'S VERY SHOCKY. HE IS ON OXYGEN, AND GOT SUB-Q FLUIDS FOR ANTI-SHOCK. WHO KNOWS IF THERE ARE INTERNAL INJURIES. PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM!!! PLEASE! HE NEEDS ALL THE LOVE AND PRAYER HE CAN GET. I FEEL SO BAD. I'M SUCH A HORRIBLE MOM.

Edited to Add:
Originally Posted By: AnimalLover22 on 3/17/03
I posted this morning about my glider, Sampson, getting out of his cage and being cornered by my dog. Before I brought him to the vet, it looked like he was going to be ok, but sadly he didn't make it. I absolutely hate myself right now. I have a million what ifs running through my head. If only I would've been more careful this wouldn't have happened. What if I didn't take him to the vet? Would he have been ok? I think maybe he would've been because before he went to the vet he seemed alright.(I'm by no means blaming my vet, he is very good) Sam just wanted to cling to me. That's all he wanted to do is cuddle with me, even up to the last minute. That's how much he loved me. And I couldn't even keep him safe. If anyone read my posts and thinks I was a bad mom, you don't have to say it. I know I am. Thanks for everyone who prayed for Sampson. I have to go, I can't type anymore. Too upset
Meghan and Sampson (I was hoping I wouldn't have to ever use this symbol- at least not for a long time)
I really want to say I'm sorry to Rebecca if you read this for trusting me to be able to care for one of your grandbabys and me not being able to do it. Please forgive me. I loved him very much and my heart is broken right now. So sorry

Edited by Animal Lover 22 (03/17/03 12:01 PM)