Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Association [Re: ] #571453
06/16/08 09:48 PM
06/16/08 09:48 PM
NE Ohio
Donnarae Offline
Glider Guardian
Donnarae  Offline
Glider Guardian

NE Ohio
Forums are like this, though. I've belonged to several forums that started out friendly, informative, and very helpful, but sooner or later the bullies moved in and took over. I still learned all I could about the Forum's topic.(in this case, Soapmaking) When it got too hot to handle, a new forum opened up and the fun and friendliness started all over, til next time.

I try to take Forum advice and information with a hold on common sense no matter what the topic. If it doesn't sound right, I do some research for myself. My experiences are just that, my own experiences and not to be passed along as the absolute and only way something should be done.

I've learned so much from this forum and the experiences of other Sugar Glider owners that I come here first if I have any questions. I like to share my experiences also.

Donna & Bob,
One Miniature American Eskimo dog, Chula;
Six Gliders, Chip & Dale, Caspian & Ceridwen, Sasha & Stubby.

RIP Betty, my love.
Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Association [Re: cinnamonstix] #571462
06/16/08 09:55 PM
06/16/08 09:55 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Well, I've raised that many and I HAVE over 40 gliders in my home right now so I guess I, by their standards, do know what I'm talking about and what they have in that "article" is garbage!

Pure and simple...they, (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and their "distributors" are feeling the heat and now are trying to discourage others from finding the help for their little gliders purchased from flea markets (and other type venues) when that glider is proven to be too young or ill. YEP! Better to NOT seek help and let the glider die so they will return to (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and buy more! WHAT A GRAND PLAN!

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: cinnamonstix] #571464
06/16/08 09:57 PM
06/16/08 09:57 PM

M
Mio
Unregistered
Mio
Unregistered
M

Hmmm... I find it odd that you seem to know so much about our forum, new member. You seem to be old hat at this whole "forum" thing. Plus, mods can look up your IP address and see exactly who you are, so no use pretending to be someone else. nopity

That said, I found that article to be ridiculous, quite honestly. Glider Central members have been NOTHING but helpful to me, and I am so grateful that such a wonderful and caring community exists. Glider Central is the reason I am soooo happy with my gliders! They taught me infinite amounts about their care, and without them, I might have given up on my biter, Keito. As it stands, he's now the sweetest boy in the world!

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Association [Re: Donnarae] #571466
06/16/08 10:01 PM
06/16/08 10:01 PM
Austin, TX
USMom Offline
Serious Glideritis
USMom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Austin, TX
Only a tyrant wants no opinions other than their own spoken.

I have disagreed with people here, and have gone back and changed my stance...because I LEARNED something from that disagreement.

I have raised gliders to adult hood, 8 wks to 4 years old, I have gliders of all ages, from 6 months to 11 years old, and I have had more than 30, sometimes more than 30 at one time. So, I guess I'm an expert. agree You should all bow to me, and not listen to anyone else, because obviously I know what I'm talking about! roflmao Yeah, right! LOL The more I learn, the less I know.

This is garbage. By the way, what single diet are we pushing here, I want to be on the bandwagon, too.

Shawna
Who are you networked with? Networking could save your gliders life. Create one now.

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ] #571468
06/16/08 10:02 PM
06/16/08 10:02 PM

M
Mio
Unregistered
Mio
Unregistered
M

Just looked up this quote by gliderdad. Whether it qualifies or not is not up to me, but thought I'd post this anyways.

"We have repeatedly told the members of GliderCENTRAL we do not want any drama being brought and posted here. Well for the most part some have listened, and others haven't and that is getting out of hand. Failing to abide by our requests are a violation of rule 4. Yes we all know there is drama everywhere. GliderCENTRAL will not be the mid grounds for everyone to post about the drama no matter what it is or who is saying it. GliderCENTRAL is here for one reason and one reason only, to help the gliders and there owners and nothing more. Drama only takes away from gliders and their owners who need help. We have asked many times to leave the drama off, but it seems that some are just not listening. So now what’s going to happen now? If you make a post about the drama, feed into the drama posts, instead of hitting the notify mod button so the post can be reviewed and removed, your account will be suspended for a period of time to be determined by the admins. We do not care what drama anyone is saying about anything, the bottom line is do not post about the drama here at GliderCENTRAL. This is not being done to keep people from talking, it is being done because we do not want drama here. We are sorry to have to do this, but we tried to ask nicely but that failed. KarenE even made a similar post earlier today stating
Originally Posted By: KarenE
The Owners of GliderCENTRAL have made it very clear they do not want the drama from any other board brought here.

Any and all posts will be removed. Further violations could result in the loss of posting privileges for a time to be determined by Administration.

The only difference between her post and mine, is the owners and admin have decided to change the wording from
Quote:
Further violations could result in the loss of posting privileges for a time to be determined by Administration.

to
Quote:
Further posts WILL result in the loss of posting privileges for a time to be determined by Administration.

We do not enjoy it and we hate having to ban members, but nothing else is working."

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Association [Re: USMom] #571470
06/16/08 10:03 PM
Austin, TX
USMom Offline
Serious Glideritis
USMom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Austin, TX
Teresa, we were posting at the same time! roflmao roflmao roflmao

Shawna
Who are you networked with? Networking could save your gliders life. Create one now.

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: pappy1264] #571473

G
GoGoGliders
Unregistered
GoGoGliders
Unregistered
G

Originally Posted By: pappy1264
Ok, I about fell out of my chair laughing while I read this (and almost crying at the same time!) W)

thanks for my laugh for the day......what nincompoops!!!!!

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ] #571479
06/16/08 10:05 PM
06/16/08 10:05 PM

M
MagicMan
Unregistered
MagicMan
Unregistered
M

Well... I must say, I have felt attacked A LOT, here on GC! I've been attacked with love, amazing information, great tips for helping me know more about the wonderful baby girls Im bringing into my home, attacked with great new friends, and so on! You know what? I would not have it any other way! laugh You guys can "attack" me with more of your wonderful experience any time! agree

I was reading that and I was like.... what? Are they serious? I had to re-read several things because I thought I was reading them wrong! roflmao

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ] #571481
06/16/08 10:06 PM
06/16/08 10:06 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
I was laughing at how ridiculous it is (and crying because I fear some may actually fall for it and not look any further to find how to care for their gliders....)

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ] #571487
06/16/08 10:10 PM
06/16/08 10:10 PM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

I don't see this thread as drama...I see it as entertainment. After the month I've had, I needed the laugh so I thank you!

Oh...and I think my own count is somewhere around 250 gliders through my home (counting the ones still here). I could be off a bit though...Joe insists it has been more than that.

And Magic...we only help because of the money we all receive every month for our services to the public.

Whooo hoooo! I can take all that money and add a dollar to it and go get me a cup of coffee!!!!!!!! At this rate, I'll be able to retire in no time!

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: pappy1264] #571490
06/16/08 10:11 PM
06/16/08 10:11 PM

M
Mio
Unregistered
Mio
Unregistered
M

agree The saddest thing was, they mixed it in with some truth about glider care, so that it LOOKS credible... clever, but oh so stupid.

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ] #571493
06/16/08 10:14 PM
06/16/08 10:14 PM

M
melissa9784
Unregistered
melissa9784
Unregistered
M

WOW, that article was a bunch of junk!!! If I hadn't of come across this website I don't think my Pinky would have lived!

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Association [Re: cinnamonstix] #571505
06/16/08 10:33 PM
06/16/08 10:33 PM

S
SquirrelyDo
Unregistered
SquirrelyDo
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted By: cinnamonstix
I am sure I can talk to a mod who would remember who you are and the last time you were on here causing drama directly with me and bashing me when it was you who sold me a sick glider but you were pretending to be someone else. Now you are here to protect your breeder friend who dug herself a grave in the breeding industry in MN and is not allowed on GC anymore...we don't want your drama and bologna here so please take it elsewhere. grin

Ive defended people yes. Pretended to be someone im not? no.

And as far as breeder friend? No ones dug a hole? what are you even talking about?

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Association [Re: ] #571513
06/16/08 10:39 PM
06/16/08 10:39 PM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Alligning yourself with the notorious (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets is the worst thing that ANY breeder can do. That is their own business though so be it.

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru
Tortoise: Vork
Cats: Scooby, Swiper, Zero, Dinah & Sykes
Suggies: Meeko, Willow & Nemo; Rei, Rafiki & Rajah; Opal, Lily & Link; Tael, Tatl & Navi; Kristoff Krabbs & Crabby Patty
:rbridge: Fern, Cjarsa, Syfka, Icarus, Ivy, Howie & Gracie

www.cinnamonstix-n-sugar.com
Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: Dancing] #571514
06/16/08 10:40 PM
06/16/08 10:40 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Originally Posted By: Dancing
we only help because of the money we all receive every month for our services to the public.

Coffee for everyone! Dancing's buying! She's been really gabby this month - so her rebate is bigger than mine!

Plus ... frown

I don't have 30 gliders .... so I'm dumb.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ValkyrieMome] #571525
06/16/08 10:44 PM
06/16/08 10:44 PM
Virginia Beach, VA.
Ellen Offline
Owner:Emeritus-Mother Hen
Ellen  Offline

Virginia Beach, VA.
This is goofy!!! And someone wasted alot of time. OH well, something has to always cause drama.

Love and kindness is a gift. Use it freely....
My Gallery
Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ValkyrieMome] #571526
06/16/08 10:45 PM
06/16/08 10:45 PM

M
Mio
Unregistered
Mio
Unregistered
M

lmao, Alden. Is 16 not enough? Geez, if I had enough hours in the day, I'd have that many, but.... wink
You have no authority to direct us in the ways of glider care, you with only 16 gliders! For shame! roflmao
*sigh* It's a shame, isn't it?

Oh, and Squirreldo, or whatever the sn was ( wink ) I simply believe that 6 posts is not enough to judge GC by. If you've been receiving PM flames, you must've had another account, as I looked at your posts, and ALL of them are on this thread.

Edit:
Originally Posted By: SquirrelyDo
[not_supported_link]/Beware_Glider_Chat_Rooms2.htm
Many people have experienced the brutality and the meanness people have exposed to other glider members on most forums, or through private email beyond the chat rooms. I Found this article to be very eye opening, and disturbingly TRUE!

Found this so you couldn't say that you didn't claim this. Unless you've been taking polls of GC members, and I don't think you have, then your information MUST be based on personal experience, therefore validating the theory that you are an ex-member. wink

Edit again: lol, just as a note, I've been on every glider forum I could find, and this IS the most active one. The second most active one hasn't had one post since early this morning. If the members aren't active, it's hard to get an accurate impression on the board, which leads me to believe that you have been on this PARTICULAR board before.

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ] #571528
06/16/08 10:47 PM
06/16/08 10:47 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Originally Posted By: SquirrelyDo
Ive defended people yes. Pretended to be someone im not? no. And as far as breeder friend? No ones dug a hole? what are you even talking about?

Since Gwen's reply was in response to Soh, and didn't mention you or quote you at all ... why are you so quick to jump in and proclaim your innocence?

GC has no place for people who support (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. But ... I have found it to be a place where even people such as Ron Wright can come and voice their opinions and beliefs, as long as they do so respectfully. Even those who represent far more notorious mill breeders have appeared here and stated their case. Politely.

But ... you have to know, SquirrelyDo, that this site is "for the good of the glider". No one here is going to take the advice of an ill-reputed mill breeder, or a breeder of rescues, or some fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants "Association" over the documented and proven manner to care for gliders.

Defend who and what you will - anyone! But ... if it isn't in gliders' best interests, no one here will follow your lead.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ] #571530
06/16/08 10:49 PM
06/16/08 10:49 PM

S
super_stooge
Unregistered
super_stooge
Unregistered
S

im amazed they didnt include the part about our demon worship and ritualistic glider sacrifices

smile

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ] #571535
06/16/08 10:56 PM
06/16/08 10:56 PM

M
Mio
Unregistered
Mio
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By: super_stooge
im amazed they didnt include the part about our demon worship and ritualistic glider sacrifices

smile

roflmao
Don't forget the part where we bake the little ones into cakes and feed them to the homeless. That way, we are able to say it is for, "the good of the people". dance

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ] #571537
06/16/08 10:59 PM
06/16/08 10:59 PM

S
Soh
Unregistered
Soh
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted By: super_stooge

smile

When is the next demon-worshipping session, anyhow? I think I missed last week's... roflmao

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ] #571541
06/16/08 11:02 PM
06/16/08 11:02 PM

M
MagicMan
Unregistered
MagicMan
Unregistered
M

That was very well said, Alden! clap

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ] #571547
06/16/08 11:07 PM
06/16/08 11:07 PM
Virginia Beach, VA.
Ellen Offline
Ellen  Offline

Virginia Beach, VA.
Alright guys, this is turning into a DRAMA post.

We should be used to this now. Since GU does this all the time.

If we can't see this for what it is and members start attacking each other then I WILL close this.

I believe in freedom of speech, but you must taper this in what is real and unreal.

I am sure they are monitoring us now.

This is goofy. Don't let it take us apart.

My Gallery
Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ] #571557
06/16/08 11:18 PM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Originally Posted By: Mio

Oh, and Squirreldo, or whatever the sn was ( wink ) I simply believe that 6 posts is not enough to judge GC by. If you've been receiving PM flames, you must've had another account, as I looked at your posts, and ALL of them are on this thread.

Oh she had other posts but they were directly bashing me and they were removed. That explains why her count and what is actually showing up is less than her overall count. Also she was sending out PM's about me, bashing me to people I was associating with on here. Mods notified her last time she was an issue. No life and almost kicked from here for the last ruckus. I though it was over I mean geesh I got these gliders last August...getting close to a year now but whatever if immature people want to create drama they will not be on GC. Sure they can register again but IP's are logged and so hopefully Eddie or another mod will catch it since they do so wonderfully at it.

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru
Tortoise: Vork
Cats: Scooby, Swiper, Zero, Dinah & Sykes
Suggies: Meeko, Willow & Nemo; Rei, Rafiki & Rajah; Opal, Lily & Link; Tael, Tatl & Navi; Kristoff Krabbs & Crabby Patty
:rbridge: Fern, Cjarsa, Syfka, Icarus, Ivy, Howie & Gracie

www.cinnamonstix-n-sugar.com
Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ] #571558

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

I find it a little odd that I posted something about this same web site and article yesterday..and then a new member posts about the same thing? Could be a coincidence, maybe not.

I'm 27 gliders short of being an expert...bummer. All I can do is take the things I learned from this forum and pass it on to people who want to learn more about the care of these animals. I had 2 people email me the past 2 days, people who had went to my web site and thanked me for all the information I had on the site (which I mention I learned from other glider owners, and not me mentioning I'm some fantastic "expert"). I, in turn told them about this forum and how I recieve a lot of great advice and learn something new everyday about gliders. I also suggested they come here and read up, become a member and get more help if they need it.

I am just glad I found this site and was welcomed!! I hate to think what kind of lives my babies would be having right now if I didn't research several sites online and bought a book on their care.

There's that saying "if it sounds too good to be true...." People should keep that in mind when dealing with mills and mill breeders and (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets...as we all know caring for suggies isn't always easy or a walk in the park, and that's always the ONE thing they leave out of their selling tactics.

Bottom line is....we're not here to brag, or get all egotistical on how much we know about gliders. We come here "for the good of the glider". You can't say it any better than that!!

Re: Report By North American Sugar Glider Associat [Re: ] #571585
06/16/08 11:43 PM
06/16/08 11:43 PM
Virginia Beach, VA.
Ellen Offline
Ellen  Offline

Virginia Beach, VA.
No more drama on this board. LOL I am the only one on now and I am sorry guys that you all bought into this.

Remember this is going to happen often. They are trying to cause conflict with us and it seems they are doing it.

So I am going to close this now as I DO NOT LIKE DRAMA unless unless our members have some.

These are what Eddie would call spiders. They just look for things to say to disrupt a board. But not ours.

If you want to start another post feel free to do so. But as Owner of this board I can't let this go on.

This will be closed now..... Sorry, read the rules

Remember:::: GliderCENTRAL is about helping gliders and their owners. Nothing else..

Last edited by Ellen; 06/16/08 11:58 PM.

My Gallery
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 371 guests, and 90 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,552 TEXAS
679,069 OHIO
487,140 OKLAHOMA
432,142 UTAH
321,666 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024