Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 #685504
12/03/08 11:31 PM
12/03/08 11:31 PM
in my happy place
S
sugarlope Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarlope  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
S

in my happy place
Read Part 1

~Gretchen

If we never loved, then maybe we would never feel pain. Love anyway. It's worth it.
Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: sugarlope] #685512
12/03/08 11:41 PM
12/03/08 11:41 PM
Twin Lakes, WI
Nicki Offline
Glider Lover
Nicki  Offline
Glider Lover

Twin Lakes, WI
So, I haven't posted in a few days - I had a HORRIBLE sinus infection, and couldn't really do much besides work (try to anyways) and sleep. Now that my meds are finally kicking in - I can continue on with the process...

The past couple of days have been good though! I didn't have a chance to clean what I usually leave at the bottom of the cage, so I put a piece of fleece in the bottom temporarily - I won't do that again. Mak and Xylo decided to leave the PP pouch and move to the floor lol. They have been doing GREAT actually - I was nervous because I was only able to give them their food the other night - barely say hi, and leave to lay down...I thought for sure I would be taking backwards steps...thankfully that was not the case at all!! I went in and said hi on my break from work today and Xylo picked up his head - but not with that scared look in his face, more like "Oh there she is! Where have you been?" Kind of look...he made me smile SO BIG!! Tonight they got up early and when I went to put their food in their they jump on me before I even had the dishes out of my hand! They aren't running from the cage door anymore - it's really exciting. I can't wait until I am at the bonding pouch stage - but I am SO thankful for where I am at already - even with having to take a couple days off to re-cooperate.
Bourbon...I will be calling you shortly for the update...(I can breathe and don't sound funny now!) lol

~* Gliders need a voice, they will always have mine (and my heart, too!) *~

I'm always willing to help. 262.206.2888 you can contact me anytime, day or night.

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: Nicki] #685648
12/04/08 02:24 AM
12/04/08 02:24 AM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

Okay Erin! Bourbon told me about your adventures today and we want to hear it from the horse's mouth (so to speak) LOL Howz Shadow doin???

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #685760
12/04/08 11:11 AM
12/04/08 11:11 AM

S
Sqooky
Unregistered
Sqooky
Unregistered
S

Today is day 4 for me. Were still working on Pogo's issues with not being a morning glider. I don't blame her because I'm not a morning person either, but Bourbon says she needs to get used to it and stop being so grumpy. So I have to go in and talk to her every morning. It seems the talking is getting better, she doesn't crab now when I open the door and talk. Petting is still a different story...until after noon anyhow.

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #686196
12/04/08 11:33 PM
12/04/08 11:33 PM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
Okay here is your Shadow update!

Day 16: Things are going great! Tent is a blast, he is gliding to me and so is Sunshine. Shadow likes to sit in my lap someimes too and lets me pet him. smile Sugar is getting there, she jumps to my arm or shoulder but not my hand yet, but both girls walked on my hand....and.........

Yesterday I picked Shadow up in my hands jump I've only done it once before and carried him to the tent, then I was a chicken and used the bonding pouch to get him in there lol. He was so cute just sitting in a little ball looking kind of bewildered, I pet him a little and then I put him back into his pouch smile

I am going to use the bonding pouch a lot as well and then try to transition them back into their cage pouch once they are completely over their pouch protectiveness, the pouch protector pouch is now closed. They have lots of toys now, they have been getting one back every day and no one hides or sleeps in the wheel anymore, they come up to the bars and want to come out! They don't seem to fear my hands at all anymore in the cage or the tent. A bit still in the pouch but we are certianly getting there!

Sound like you all are doing great too! Everyone make sure to be consistant and establish a routine. It makes a huge difference! Don't push them too hard(baby steps), have patience and understanding. Remember to put yourself in their shoes!

:leu: Sugaree Gliders :rtmo:

Simba, Nala, Rain, Snow & Sugaree

Shadowdancer, Sugar Magnolia, Sunshine Daydream, Winter, Twinkle, Twilight, Everlette, Sparkle, Polar Bear, Indigo & Willow

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #686200
12/04/08 11:34 PM
12/04/08 11:34 PM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

Day 14: We had playtime today...and I got bit AND crabbed at! UGH!!!

I scooped my girls up and in the pouch we went for some Mommy time. After about 5 minutes of calm petting and talking, I grabbed the mealies and some toys and to the play area we went! Our play area is the top of the stairwell as they like to climb the banister and doorframes in the upstairs hallway. Plus there are 3 doorknobs and the banister to hang toys off of.

Bella immediately climbed out of the pouch, up my arm, across my back... and up my shirt! There she resided for the next 30 minutes and got to be close and intimate friends with my spinal cord... through the skin mind you. LOL

Donna took a bit of coaxing to come out of the pouch, which was open on the floor BTW. I talked to her, offered her my hand, then set a warm mealie loose on the fleece in front of her. Out she came to pounce on it! I then zipped the pouch up and hung it from the doorknob. She ran amuck for awhile, climbing my clothes, sniffing the fleece (I think looking really hard for a place to hide!), then she hopped up onto the pouch hanging from the doorknob and just hung there. I offered her my hand... and she got on it! VOLUNTARILY! We had some fun getting on Mommy's hand then off again. Then she decided to climb down the stairs. When I called her name after a few stairs, she did the most adorable little hops back up them to her Mommy! ME!

Things went bad when she started to look scared and I opened the pouch back up and put it on the floor. I went to pet her and she bit me pretty hard, then crabbed at me for about 2 seconds. I guess we know the pouch is still a no-go for Miss Donna! That's okay, I can take it. This was probably stressful as it really is the first playtime we have had in 2 weeks. Next time I will just put her on my shoulder and walk to the play area.

Even though she yelled at me AND bit me... I am really excited that she got on my hand all by herself! That was another first!!!

But I wonder... will she eventually be able to be carried in a regular pouch??? I know I know... it takes time, be patient, go at her pace, look how far she has come... just asking Bourbon! LOL

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #686312
12/05/08 02:23 AM
12/05/08 02:23 AM
Las Vegas, NV/Columbus, OH
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

Day 5

It's 1:30AM and they still haven't woken up for playtime...what the heck? My gliders have had super weird sleep schedules since that first night I took everything out of the cage and they were up all day trying to figure out what to do with themselves.

When I got up this morning they had abandoned the pouch and were sleeping in a corner on the floor. When they were back there they crabbed at me when I went to take out their nighttime dishes to clean them, so I decided that had to change-I closed the pouch up a little and next thing I knew they were sleeping in it again. Guess it was open a little too much for them. They didn't crab in it all day today so I guess all is good.

More petting during the day today while they were asleep. Petting and talking. Yesterday I was able to pet them while they slept. Today I got to pet them while they were AWAKE! Yes, AWAKE! I was shocked! Even Ranger didn't mind (especially when he got some licky treats :))

So that's our big step for today...I thought today was going to be a not-much-progress day when I saw them sleeping on the floor this morning, but it turned out awesome! I'm so impressed with the progress we've made already that I can't even imagine where to go from here smile

CONGRATS to everyone here! Look at how far we've come in so little time! smile

~Deanna~
Chinchillas: Luke, Yoda, and Pronk
Gliders: Nika, Ranger, and DeeGee

(702)250-5236
Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: DeeDancer] #687012
12/06/08 02:30 PM
12/06/08 02:30 PM

S
Sqooky
Unregistered
Sqooky
Unregistered
S

Pogo is a ton better, but Lilly we're just starting on. She not agressive, just extremely defensive. Bourbon said to start with her on just licky treats. So she gets them on the end of the metal spoon. And yesterday she didn't bite at all. Pogo is doing good too. She doesn't get defensive and she doesn't crab at all. We're still working on morning grumpiness, she's doing a bit better.

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #687229
12/06/08 10:32 PM
12/06/08 10:32 PM

R
RedFoxy
Unregistered
RedFoxy
Unregistered
R

Day 6 here for me and Maui and McKenna!!

What a turnaround we are now coming out of the hammock in the cage via walking on my hand to their hamsters balls. If they walk over my hands they get into them they get to play and un around for 10 to 15 minutes and then they get fed a yogie treat by hand if there is no biting.

CRABBING - what is crabbing i have not had crabbing from either glider since we stripped out the cage.

Maui is taking the licky treats from my finger with no biting and allowing petting time.

McKenna (the viper) is taking the licky treats of the spoon very well and I am introducing my finger to her with the licky treats.

My next step is playtime in the bathroom with just them (and then bringing CiCi in too join in also).

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #688333
12/08/08 09:36 PM
12/08/08 09:36 PM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
How is it going with everyone today? Haven't heard from anyone in a while smile We are doing about the same here, less crabbing in the bonding pouch everyday. Soon I hope they will move into their Elfin House dance

Red Foxy- Hampsterballs are not safe for gliders, they can get their toes stuck. You should get a small pop up tent for safe playtime that is more interactive!

Also, only hand feed licky treats-not the yogurt drop! You do not want them to associate their teeth with your hands.

Shadowdancer, Sugar Magnolia, Sunshine Daydream, Winter, Twinkle, Twilight, Everlette, Sparkle, Polar Bear, Indigo & Willow

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: SugareeErin] #688343
12/08/08 09:50 PM
12/08/08 09:50 PM
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

Day 8: Still petting in the pouch, licky treats, and trying to get them on my hand.

Doing fantastic! Ranger now gets on my hand in the cage if I put my hand up to him. I don't know how he would do if he got out-he doesn't even try, he's too scared. I had no idea he could be such a sweetie though! He got on my hand today and was grooming me smile First time EVER.

Nika-not so sure about her. I've always thought she was my sweet one, but I have to really coax her to get on my hand. She's been a little cranky the last couple of days, hopefully she gets over it.

I've got some pictures for you smile

One is them in the pouch (Ranger on top, Nika on bottom), and one is Ranger on my hand (not the best pic because he's a fast mover, but you get the idea!)

Attached Files
on my hand 001ed2.jpg (541 downloads)
on my hand 004ed.jpg (540 downloads)

~Deanna~

(702)250-5236
Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: DeeDancer] #688369
12/08/08 10:46 PM
12/08/08 10:46 PM

C
chastity
Unregistered
chastity
Unregistered
C

I have finished with Bourbon the week of Thanksgiving. She was amazing. I now have 2 loveable gliders that were once crabby patties. I came to realize it wasn't their fault. When I got them they weren't handled very much. I couldn't put my hand in the cage with them w/o a crab or chance of getting bitten. Now I can open the cage, put my hands in, pet them and they will even get on my hand. I get groomed on occasion. I'm not scared to offer licky treats anymore. I still have them in their open pouch with no blanket. All in all they are doing well. Give it time everyone, this does work.

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #688388
12/08/08 11:07 PM

S
Sqooky
Unregistered
Sqooky
Unregistered
S

Havne't checked in with Bourbon since friday because I've been ill, but Pogo Is still being consistent with her progress and Lilly now takes licky treats off the metal spoon without biting!

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: SugareeErin] #688389

R
RedFoxy
Unregistered
RedFoxy
Unregistered
R

Originally Posted By: SugareeErin
Red Foxy- Hampsterballs are not safe for gliders, they can get their toes stuck. You should get a small pop up tent for safe playtime that is more interactive! Also, only hand feed licky treats-not the yogurt drop! You do not want them to associate their teeth with your hands.

1. The hamster ball is being used because i could not handle the gliders to have interactive playtime.
2. Don't need the tent as the playroom is our main bathroom (glider proofed of course)

For the first time in a month i have had all three of my gliders in the playroom at the same time. All three gliders we running jumping gliding and interacting with both me and my husband (he has so much patience) and there was not one bite or blood from a bite tonight.

When I give yogie treats - they take they from me with there hands - not teeth.

Bourbon

Again thank you for the STEP by STEP guide you are giving me to achieve this HUGE turnaround. We are 200% from when i start this two weeks ago that I am over the moon

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #688433
12/09/08 12:08 AM
12/09/08 12:08 AM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

I haveen't talked to Bourbon much lately, we keep playing phone tag, and my phone needs to be flushed down a toilet anyway... cruddy Razor! UGH! But that's okay, I am usually in such a bad mood these days nobody can stand to be around me. The only thing that cheers me up is talking sweet to my stubborn little girls!

Anyway, we are still at kind of a stalemate here. Donna will take the licky treat off the straw without her teeth, but about half the time if I offer a finger she gives me that look and opens her mouth. (sigh...) She is also creeping out of the pouch away from me more and more since I started scooping her out of the pouch. And she will run from me when I put in the food bowls at night now.

BELLA is now the one being food aggressive, and I have caught her biting Donna's leg to get her off of a food bowl, so I am using several now. I am also hearing a LOT of squabling in the pouch these days... no balling up or outright fighting, but a lot of fussing and stuff.

What am I going to do with these girls???

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #688446
12/09/08 12:23 AM
12/09/08 12:23 AM
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

Originally Posted By: BelladonnasMom
What am I going to do with these girls???

Ooh pick me pick me!

You're going to stay positive and keep working with your girls. Even if you feel like you're going "backwards", you're still getting to interact with them. The way I see it, changes in behavior and roles (like you've seen with Bella and Donna) is still progress, because you're learning about their personalities and you're discovering what you have to do to earn their trust. This may not be going in the direction you want it to, but you can use the information you're getting about your girls' behavior to get where you want! You're doing fantastic, you're putting effort into them and making progress. And you said it...talking to them makes you feel better smile So that's a good thing! Just keep it up hug2

~Deanna~

(702)250-5236
Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: DeeDancer] #688460
12/09/08 12:40 AM
12/09/08 12:40 AM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

Yeah, I got kind of down just typing that last post, so I had to get my sugar fix! LOL I gave my girlies some mealies, and got in some serious petting and conversation! Donna even ate 3 mealies while I petted her around her neck and behind her ears!!!!! No crabbing, no dodging Mommy, no biting or running away... like you said, the progress is still there! Just have to keep positive.

But Bella wouldn't get on my hand for a mealie frown

Crash and burn again....

I'm ready for vacation to be over, I just feel useless these days. Sorry, needed to vent. I'll be okay smile

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #688579
12/09/08 02:24 AM
12/09/08 02:24 AM
Bee-Bopping round SnakePit USA
B
Bourbon Offline
Serious Glideritis
Bourbon  Offline
Serious Glideritis
B

Bee-Bopping round SnakePit USA
Robin, maybe they are picking up on your emotions at this time...

when you are feeling low, go back and read your first posts about Donna, see where she was, and see where she is... that should make you smile..

I am so very proud of all of you, you all have come so far...

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: Bourbon] #688595
12/09/08 02:41 AM
12/09/08 02:41 AM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
Oh my goodness!!!!! Tonight, Rough & Tough did NOT think about or try to bite me AND they took blueberry yogurt from a Chinese spoon where my hand was only TWO INCHES from their noses! I was almost in tears, I was so happy!!! This is the first time I've used blueberry yogurt and they loved it so much and were so comfortable with me, they concentrated on following that spoon and getting a lick instead of where I and my hand were!

Two days ago, I realized, I was finally reading their body language and saw that they were actually listening to me while I was talking instead of getting ready to run! They were 90% relaxed and just listening to me talk to them, watching as if they were just paying attention, instead of tensing up and preparing to head for the hills!

Just when I start to become disappointed and discouraged because it's moving soooo slowly, they surprise me by making a huge leap forward!

Thank you, bourbon! My babies lives have improved in quality more than I ever thought possible! What a joy to know they're happier and not terrified anymore!

Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: suggiemom1980] #688840
12/09/08 02:21 PM
12/09/08 02:21 PM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
clap Great job everyone!n Keep up the good work!

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: SugareeErin] #689548
12/10/08 12:48 PM
12/10/08 12:48 PM

T
Tsettimi
Unregistered
Tsettimi
Unregistered
T

Ok so I just started to work with Bourbon. Here is my glider story just to give you guys a idea of how my gliders are.

I got my gliders from a family who was moving and could not take them. My family consists of a breeding pair (Bella and Houdini 1 1/2 yrs old), Jackie (3 month oop female), and Joey (5 week oop male). They were never fed a normal diet and the joeys were never handled. The lady thought that if mom has a joey ip or oop you could not take then out. Well when I got them Bella was easily bonding during tent time. Bella and Houdini would jump on me and use me as a human glider jingle gym but Houdini was a little more distant. Jackie would come out of the pouch smell me and run into a corner of the tent and not come out. Joey just never came out of the bed unless mom or dad got him out . Now I am working with Bourbon. Hopefully they will become little angels when we are done.

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #689551
12/10/08 12:53 PM
12/10/08 12:53 PM

T
Tsettimi
Unregistered
Tsettimi
Unregistered
T

Here is my update after 24 hours of working with Bourbon. I made my own make shift no sew pouch protective glider pouch. The first few times I went near the cage after I got them out of their old pouch and into the new one I could not even open the door before Houdini or Jackie would crab, lunge and attach themselves to the door. They eventually settled down and I was able to open the door and tell them everything is going to be ok. Bella one time came up and licked my forehead. Joey (the 5 wk old) crabbed at me a couple times when I opened the door when he was up walking around. They are not crabbing at me at all anymore when I go near or open the cage. Step one complete and on to step two.

Bourbon you are amazing. We should start calling you The Glider Whisper. LOL

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #689991
12/10/08 11:30 PM
12/10/08 11:30 PM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

Well, I am sad to say that Bourbon pretty much announced us "graduated" today. I am THRILLED with the progress Donna has made, but we came to the conclusion that Miss Donna just may be as good as she's gonna get. Which is FINE, don't get me wrong!!! I have a completely different glider! I can handle her, feed her, even play with her to an extent without fear of blood or a blown eardrum (LOL). But she just may never be the sweet bra baby I had envisioned. (sigh) But we of course are going to continue with the socialization with Mommy, and she will always be my fluffy girl. Now we are just going to take things easy and keep working on trust and bonding. No pressure.

Bourbon, you are awesome!!! I would NEVER turn my back on my fluffy girl, but I had just about resigned myself to an anti-social caged pet. And I am so grateful to you for helping me see that Donna was just scared, and she can be an interactive member of my family! I love her, and you too for giving her to me as she is now!!!!! (Yeah I know... you smoked cigs and drank Dew with your feet up while I did the work... SHUT UP and say "You're welcome Robin!" LOL)

New pupils... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! And I will still be checking in to see everyone's progress and give pats on the back!!!!!

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #690095
12/11/08 01:27 AM
12/11/08 01:27 AM
Twin Lakes, WI
Nicki Offline
Glider Lover
Nicki  Offline
Glider Lover

Twin Lakes, WI
So my question to all these people that are having a few issues with bonding, and aren't quite there yet (like me)...how easy/hard is it for you to trim these gliders nails? I went in this morning - and that might have just made us take a step backwards if I were to keep proceeding...hmmm....just wondering how everyone else does it? Or if there are techniques that I should try, without ruining the progress we've made so far.

~* Gliders need a voice, they will always have mine (and my heart, too!) *~

I'm always willing to help. 262.206.2888 you can contact me anytime, day or night.

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #690097
12/11/08 01:29 AM
12/11/08 01:29 AM
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

Day 10-bonding pouch

Well, I picked up Ranger for the first time EVER today-yes, EVER. I was SO EXCITED. It was 10:45PM and I wasn't sure if Bourbon would be up, but I was thrilled so I called her anyway haha (turns out the entire house was up roflmao)

So I scooped Ranger out of the makeshift cage pouch and held him against my chest. He crabbed a little, then calmed down when I started petting him. Then he curled up like he was going to go to sleep in my hand! I had the bonding pouch around my neck, so I showed him the pouch and he crawled right in. Didn't crab, just went to sleep. Then he woke up and started crabbing every once in a while, so I put him back in the cage. This was such a BIG step and I'm super excited!!!
jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump

~Deanna~

(702)250-5236
Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: Nicki] #690154
12/11/08 02:55 AM
12/11/08 02:55 AM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

Originally Posted By: Nicki
So my question to all these people that are having a few issues with bonding, and aren't quite there yet (like me)...how easy/hard is it for you to trim these gliders nails? I went in this morning - and that might have just made us take a step backwards if I were to keep proceeding...hmmm....just wondering how everyone else does it? Or if there are techniques that I should try, without ruining the progress we've made so far.

HAH! As nice as Donna is being, I still don't wanna lose an arm!!! Do you have a stealth wheel or a wodent wheel? You can buy nail trimmer inserts for them and NOT have to trim nails! I LOVE my stealth!!!!! No more glider footy prints on Mommy!!

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #690155
12/11/08 02:56 AM
12/11/08 02:56 AM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

And Woooo Hooo Dee!!! You go girl!!!

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #690173
12/11/08 03:50 AM
12/11/08 03:50 AM
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

Did you wrap the glider in a piece of fleece and then pull out one foot at a time? I've heard that will help so that the glider doesn't associate you with the nasty nail clipping. I have a trimming insert and Ranger uses the wheel enough to keep his nails down, but Nika doesn't. With her, I will wrap her in a piece of fleece and rub her until she goes to sleep (definitely do this during the day when they're tired). Then I will pull one foot out (making sure she's still wrapped up) and my boyfriend helps me...he holds her while I hold the foot to make sure she doesn't come unwrapped (she'd freak out) and then I clip. Put the foot back. Pull out the next foot. Nika's pretty good about it.

And thanks Robin grin

~Deanna~

(702)250-5236
Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: DeeDancer] #690175
12/11/08 03:57 AM
12/11/08 03:57 AM

N
natalia305
Unregistered
natalia305
Unregistered
N

I just pull out a foot one at a time while they are fast asleep in my bra. 9 out of ten times they snooze straight through it. Easy and most importantly - stress free!!

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #690314
12/11/08 12:56 PM
12/11/08 12:56 PM
Buckeye, AZ
Athena26 Offline
Glider Lover
Athena26  Offline
Glider Lover

Buckeye, AZ
Hi, I just put the pp pouch in the cage last night and took out everything i thought they could hide in but now they are under the fleece i use to line the floor do i remove that too? if i do what should i line the floor with.

Bourbon I am sorry i have not gotten back with you. I got laid off my job last week and now have had to shut off my phone. I would apprciate help but not sure how short of reading this forum. crazy

Amanda
sons Tristan and Tyler
2 dogs: Kya,Sky, and Alf
3 cats: Mimi, Nermal, Boo
2 guina pigs chewy and squeek
2 gliders Abby and Ziva
stained glass web page at http://www.freewebs.com/troublecat and https://www.etsy.com/shop/Troublecatglass?ref=seller-platform-mcnav
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 326 guests, and 80 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,574 TEXAS
679,076 OHIO
487,156 OKLAHOMA
432,161 UTAH
321,685 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024