Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob #857007
10/24/09 09:18 PM
10/24/09 09:18 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
Many are not use to me making these posts, maybe some who knew me back in the day will remember that i use to, lol. I have a question to ask and this is not the first time I have asked it and welcome all to please voice your thoughts and add to this post what it will take to finally work together.

I am writing this as a member of GliderCENTRAL & the glider community and not as an Owner so please lets discuss this. For years now we constantly see posts here and on other sites regarding the many horror stories people have encountered with the many mill breeders out there. We have seen and heard everything from vet care costs, parasites, and even worse the death of these poor gliders shortly after purchasing.

So my question here is why no one is coming forward and supply the vet records to the mill breeder Project? To my understanding, the information submitted will not and cannot be shared with the mill breeder(s) in question unless it is court ordered. I am not sure if the many who have publicly stated they will submit the info needed get scared or threatened by the breeders but it is sad that they are winning.

Another question I have is if the people are not submitting the info, are they part of the solution or part of the problem? By not taking action and submitting the records to the mill breeder Project against mill breeders like Perfect Pocket Pets the victims are not being part of the solution.

What will it take for these communities and I am not talking about GC only, I am talking about the entire community to finally pull together and take action? We can read the ever expanding history of posts about people getting gliders from these mill breeders until we are blue in the face, and never get anywhere!!

I can only see a very few percentage of people in the community who truly do care and want to see a stop to this. 5-6 years ago the community as a whole was a tight nit group, in the past 5-6 years its constantly being divided due to differences and other things such as popularity contests. We cannot forget why we all joined this forum as well as other forums. It is the one common thing we all share, the love and passion for sugar gliders!!!!

I mean, am I missing something? Has the community gotten so far off track that no one can work with each other or help others understand that their info is needed to stop these breeders??? It has been tiring watching projects start and fail because people cant work together or that they may not like someone in a group who is trying to do good. If action is not started and taken now, the future is very grim for our sugar gliders and it kills me to think that can happen.

So how will YOU help? What can we do as Sugar Glider forums to help pull the community together to work towards reducing the amount of mill breeders and the ultimate goal stopping them all together? The time to act is now, how will YOU help?

Eddie

In the Tropics somewhere between the port of indecision and southeast of disorder!

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people."

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching!
Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: gliderdad79] #857012
10/24/09 09:29 PM
10/24/09 09:29 PM

N
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
N

VERY well written Eddie!
I hope by you writing this that people will come forward with any info they have and help put a STOP to these horrible mill breeders!!!!

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: gliderdad79] #857013
10/24/09 09:30 PM
10/24/09 09:30 PM
Hudson Valley, NY
krysKritters Offline
Glider Addict
krysKritters  Offline
Glider Addict

Hudson Valley, NY
Well said! I often wonder the same things!
The victims in this situation are all the poor sugargliders these mill breeder breed and sell, they have no voices of thier own so WE need to speak for them!
I urge anyone with vet records or ANY information that can help to submit it to help stop these people!

You may think your information isn't enough but think of your info as a penny... by itself it may not seem like much but if hundreds of you put your "pennies" together think of how much it could all be!

If we don't speak for these gliders, who will??????

Krys DeRosa
Godfather of the NY Glider Mafia

KrysKritters.comcloud9

A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world.
Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: krysKritters] #857019
10/24/09 09:44 PM
10/24/09 09:44 PM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline
Glider Addict
LabNGliderMom  Offline
Glider Addict

Florida
This is why S.P.I.N. was created... by doing glider education, we hope to reach the pre-glider community prior to their being drawn in by mill breeders and thereby be part of the solution in stopping the mill breeders.

In addition, S.P.I.N. is in the process of putting together a letter writing campaign to present to the glider community. We intend to draft a letter in the coming weeks to present ont he boards and various other glider related sites that anyone interested can print, sign, and mail to the USDA in hopes that receiving the same request from a large number of people will cause the USDA to make some necessary changes that we feel will help to stop the Mill breeders as well.

Julie
Hubby: George
Kids: Ayla & Michael
Grandsons: Trysten, Dayton, KJ & Nathyn
The Zoo: Midnight, Severe & Nala - Claude, Pixie, Tippy & Chili - Scout & Soluna, Theo & Deegie

http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: LabNGliderMom] #857030
10/24/09 10:14 PM
10/24/09 10:14 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
Originally Posted By: LabNGliderMom
This is why S.P.I.N. was created... by doing glider education, we hope to reach the pre-glider community prior to their being drawn in by mill breeders and thereby be part of the solution in stopping the mill breeders.

In addition, S.P.I.N. is in the process of putting together a letter writing campaign to present to the glider community. We intend to draft a letter in the coming weeks to present ont he boards and various other glider related sites that anyone interested can print, sign, and mail to the USDA in hopes that receiving the same request from a large number of people will cause the USDA to make some necessary changes that we feel will help to stop the Mill Breeders as well.

That is great!! But I want to know how S.P.I.N and the Millbreeder Project and other groups can work together. Im not saying combined the two I am saying work together. On the front page of the Mill Breeder Project it says
Quote:
We are working closely with the Center for Disease Control to provide enough documentation from veterinarians who have treated Sugar Gliders shortly after purchasing from one of the mill breeders.

Currently we are gathering veterinary documentation outlining the health condition of gliders sold by a mill breeder or its vendors
Great, they are working to get info from people who have already purchased gliders from mill breeders. Your site wants to educate enough so people wont buy from mill breeders. Why not work together? Both have the same goals and each can and are working on somewhat different things. 15 groups working independently is nowhere near resourceful than even 5 groups working together.

Please don't take this as a negative comment towards you or S.P.I.N it a general comment to all not at you. I don't want to hear "that is why this group was started". I want to know how they can work together and how others can help. Hearing statements like "that is why this group was started" is basically the same as the hundreds if not thousands of posts people make saying I am a victim of a mill breeder and want to stop them, and do nothing.

Your working with the USDA and the millbreeder project is working with the CDC! Imagine what the outcome could and will be if the groups would work together!!!!!

Eddie

In the Tropics somewhere between the port of indecision and southeast of disorder!

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people."

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: LabNGliderMom] #857031
10/24/09 10:16 PM
10/24/09 10:16 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

I think part of what Eddie was saying though is SPIN and the mill breeder Project and other such groups needs to work TOGETHER, not seperately like they are now. Yes, education needs to be done. Getting the info out PRE (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets sales is awesome but sadly, it really is a drop in the bucket to the after effects of those that aren't reached pre-sale.

Like Eddie, I remember when it was a tight community. Now it is a bunch of little groups out doing their thing and not working together.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: Dancing] #857033
10/24/09 10:19 PM
10/24/09 10:19 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
Gees, I get long winded for once and Teresa sums it up shorter for me roflmao Yes, you are correct T, we were typing at the same time Thank you

Last edited by gliderdad79; 10/24/09 10:19 PM.

Eddie

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: gliderdad79] #857037
10/24/09 10:25 PM
10/24/09 10:25 PM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

lol, Eddie, I think you should post like this more often.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: Dancing] #857042
10/24/09 10:33 PM
10/24/09 10:33 PM
Hudson Valley, NY
krysKritters Offline
Glider Addict
krysKritters  Offline
Glider Addict

Hudson Valley, NY
I AGREE!

Krys DeRosa
Godfather of the NY Glider Mafia

KrysKritters.comcloud9

A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world.
Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: krysKritters] #857045
10/24/09 10:35 PM
10/24/09 10:35 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
Originally Posted By: Dancing
lol, Eddie, I think you should post like this more often.
Originally Posted By: krysKritters
I AGREE!

Are you sure you both know what your getting everyone into exclamation roflmao

Eddie

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: gliderdad79] #857046
10/24/09 10:36 PM
10/24/09 10:36 PM

C
CHoffman
Unregistered
CHoffman
Unregistered
C

I think that it is a GREAT idea to work together!!. SO much could be achieved. But I do have a question. I would love to help stop mill breeders and the abuse and neglect of sugar gliders but I haven't bought a glider from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets or any other mill, I don't plan to so I don't have records to offer up. If I did I would in a heart beat and I think that anyone who has records needs to step up to the plate and HELP. I'm doing my research BEFORE I get gliders so I don't make poor decisions like buying from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets, I think more and more people are researching before buying. So what can people like me do to help? (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets doesn't come to my area but I feel very helpless in not being able to help. I'm willing to help out and do what is needed. What are some other ways people can help besides offering up vet records?

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: krysKritters] #857048
10/24/09 10:43 PM
10/24/09 10:43 PM
conway south carolina/ us
heidi Offline
Glider Slave
heidi  Offline
Glider Slave

this site is why i have been doing my home work and now looking into breeders its not easy you ask if some one is a good breeder and its yes a popularity contest or buy from me buy from me i am soo depating to be a rescue mom or get new joeys to start with and to let you know i did call ahs and all they really careded about where the horses not the gliders,chickens or cats but the horses and the sad thing is the owner will probably get a fine no jail time he wont go to bed hungry dirty or even have his sleep interupteded like his poor animals

"promise me you'll always remeber:you're braver than you believe,and stronger than you seem,and smarter than you think" christopher robin to pooh
Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: heidi] #857053
10/24/09 10:59 PM
10/24/09 10:59 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
I agree, if all of these organizations work together, mountains could be moved much quicker! The Glider Initiative diligently works to educate the public, both before and after they have purchased a glider. As one example, Melissa has done a remarkable job at the flea market in Ohio giving out correct information ~ she has even, shall we say "put a dent" in their sales! clap

TGI is willing to work with other organizations out there. Although we each have different agendas, our ultimate goals are pretty much the same!

Shelly

Don't sacrifice quality information for convenient information.

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: heidi] #857057
10/24/09 11:01 PM
10/24/09 11:01 PM
heidi Offline
Glider Slave
heidi  Offline
Glider Slave

is the an address to send to vca ??????????
i am not using credit cards unless 911 emergency but whould be willing to send a mony order i also closeded my pay pal acount so it whould have to be money order whould love to put some money in the pot

"promise me you'll always remeber:you're braver than you believe,and stronger than you seem,and smarter than you think" christopher robin to pooh
Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: heidi] #857071
10/24/09 11:38 PM
10/24/09 11:38 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
Sending a PM

Shelly

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: GliderNursery] #857073
10/24/09 11:48 PM
10/24/09 11:48 PM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Ok, Kansas City area folks. April 17 and 18 there is the Kansas City Pet Expo. Why don't us KS and MO glider people get together with SPIN and TGI and get us a booth at the expo and help educate.

I know that EVERY YEAR I get rescues that were originally purchased there.

If there is an interest from the "local folks", send me a pm and I'll start doing some investigating on the cost of a booth. We CAN all work together. SPIN and TGI both have great info to pass out to perspective buyers. We just need people out there doing the passing!

I'm willing to work to coordinate this if others are willing to participate and chip in on the cost of the booth.

I would love for TGI to "sponser" us simply because they do have their 501c-3 so we can also set up for donation to the vet fund!

620-704-9109

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: Dancing] #857074
10/24/09 11:50 PM
10/24/09 11:50 PM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

so now here is MY challenge....

Check the city you are in...do a google search for your city and Pet Expo and see if any events are coming up in your area. The more "events" we get out to, the more damage we can do to the mill breeders/brokers.

620-704-9109

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: Dancing] #857077
10/24/09 11:58 PM
10/24/09 11:58 PM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

OH!!!! Found this out about the KC Pet Expo!

Quote:
Non-profit, incorporated Rescue Groups or Breed Clubs
10’ X 10’ exhibit space No charge*
10’ X 20’ exhibit space No charge*

SOOOOOOOOO IF TGI will sponser us (I am a member I think) then there will be NO CHARGE FOR THE BOOTH! That means just our time and displays!

620-704-9109

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: Dancing] #857086
10/25/09 12:19 AM
10/25/09 12:19 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
I worked just one day this past March (or was it April?) at the TGI booth at the Pet Expo here in Northern Illinois. It was a wonderful experience.

We were able to educate so many! Some had already bought from a mill breeder, and their eyes were opened at our booth. Some had never heard of gliders, but fell in love and were starting on the RIGHT track. Some just came and listened, played with the gliders then left. And one or two seemed to come to argue, because they had all the information they needed from the mill breeder who had sold them their gliders.

If we educate ONE person, we save gliders. It is a ripple in a pond.

I went to the dog park, and overheard a casual acquaintance of mine telling another woman all about how she should research getting sugar gliders, and that there are mill breeders, and she shouldn't get sucked in. I was so proud. There was "my" ripple - passing itself on to another ... and another... and ...

But that's just the beginning! Then there are the "victims" of the mill breeders. Part of our education HAS to be reaching out to those, to encourage them to get immediate vet checks and get that information to The mill breeder Project.

And we have to be diligent about encouraging necropsies. It is part of the whole.

Whether you've purchased from a mill breeder or not - every time you go out into the world, with or without your gliders, you have a chance to STOP a future mill breeder sale, or help someone who has already bought. It is amazing. In ANY group I am part of - I find people who know something about gliders. And that's my opening!

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: ValkyrieMome] #857103
10/25/09 12:54 AM
10/25/09 12:54 AM

C
CHoffman
Unregistered
CHoffman
Unregistered
C

Teresa I would LOVE to help!. I have a 7 passenger van too..lol..Even has DVD so the trip wouldn't be too bad. We could all meet and carpool. I am willing to help so if you need me please let me know!!.

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: ValkyrieMome] #857113
10/25/09 01:22 AM
10/25/09 01:22 AM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
My my my....so many people to reply to!

Let's start with Eddie: PLEASE DO TALK LIKE THIS MORE OFTEN, bring it on sweetie!!! What you're saying is so TRUE and makes SO MUCH SENSE! thumb

Teresa, I had the dubious honor of seeing (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets in action not very long ago (I guess it's been 6 weeks by now already), and watched their "sales technique". The $489 pricetag slowed down a LOT of potential purchases here...and I was SHOCKED that a few people didn't seem concerned about not knowing what their money was getting them until the END! tant Many more took their pamphlets (I was told NOT to interfere with them directly) and after the "serious lookers" walked away, I'd spend a couple minutes talking to them about reasons NOT to buy from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets & giving my business card with GC's website too. I got VERY VERY lucky that the pair of suggies I brought with me DIDN'T blow their cover in my big purse. After 3 hours of "stalking" around the mall, I went to 2 different pet shops in town and just HAPPENED to have done a mini-lecture with several MORE families who'd just seen (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets earlier in the day. I think that somewhere in Indianapolis, they're going to "make another appearance" as we get closer to Christmas...if we can get a little advance notice, I can get at least 3 people involved in slowing them down THERE as well! thumb "Tag Team, Hoosier Style!"

Another thing we ALL can do: Even if (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets or flea markets that sell suggies might not be within your driving range...then do a "dog and pony show" at your local pet store about gliders! Send your support to S.P.I.N., TGI, All4Gliders, rescue homes, wherever! Start a penny jar, send a few yards of fleece or vitamins or treats....the possibilities are ENDLESS!

The biggest damage we can do is to get medical records to The mill breeder Project!! If a sick glider was sold to you, forwarding records is IMPERATIVE!!!! Were I a victim, you could safely bet that I'd be doing EVERYTHING that I could to stop them!

Minkasmom (Papillon Kisses)
Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry
Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: minkasmom] #857116
10/25/09 01:58 AM
10/25/09 01:58 AM

S
ShyRascal
Unregistered
ShyRascal
Unregistered
S

A few months back I contacted just a few (by no means not all,) people that are well known in the glider community and I wanted to contact more, about getting all these groups together at one gathering. I am a firm believer that if people work together for a common goal anything can be accomplished.

But if you have 5 different groups trying to do the same thing but in different ways, I find it takes even longer to get things accomplished. The few people I did speak with said they would be interested in having a gathering and brainstorming TOGETHER about how best to proceed in trying to stop these groups period. What was really amazing was the one post I did make publicly. People were pm'ing me to say they wanted to help get this gathering going and to just let them know what they could do. Tell them when and where and they would be there.

I SO want to be involved in this. But where do I start? With S.P.I.N., or TGI, or The mill breeder Project, or......should I keep going?

What I would like to see is this.........TGI, SPIN, The mill breeder Project, GC, LGG, SESG, some of the hobby breeders, ALL of the larger breeders, and the ones I can't even think of right now because I'm just too tired, lol, to gather together and stomp out the ones who only see these animals as a dollar sign.

Once before I opened up my home, my heart, my mind and even my city to host this gathering. Tell me you want this and I will work my butt off to make it happen.

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: ] #857128
10/25/09 02:47 AM
10/25/09 02:47 AM
u.s.a.
the gliders angel Offline
Glider Addict
the gliders angel  Offline
Glider Addict

u.s.a.
any way i can help just pm me. even though i never bought from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets 8 yrs ago i bought a glider from a petshop when i first learned about gliders. she lived 8 yrs but i think she had a weaker immune system since i had no clue where she originated before she came to the petshop. i have vet papers from her when she was sick at 5 yrs old and again at 8 yrs old if that were to help.

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: Dancing] #857129
10/25/09 02:51 AM
10/25/09 02:51 AM

M
maakea2007
Unregistered
maakea2007
Unregistered
M

I do not understand why people do not come forward. That is what needs to be done, it is the only way to open people's eyes on the issue. I believe that many people start out with good intentions and then something changes along the way, and it seems as though it is a very big "popularity contest". However, I think it is sad that the priority is straying from the Gliders to more about money!!! I think people who buy from pet stores and mills are not educated, at least not fully. Although I am young and I have known for quite some time that their animals are unhealthy. The important thing is education! Many times people are taken by the cuteness of many different types of animals or the recent desire for exotics. It is important to make people listen, and encourage people who have been taken to come forward. I do not really know many of you, but we would totally help in anyway we can to spread the word and educate!! We have time to do extra stuff on the matter, just really don't know where to begin.
Thanks,
Kristina

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: gliderdad79] #857154
10/25/09 08:47 AM
10/25/09 08:47 AM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline
Glider Addict
LabNGliderMom  Offline
Glider Addict

Florida
Originally Posted By: gliderdad79
Originally Posted By: LabNGliderMom

In addition, S.P.I.N. is in the process of putting together a letter writing campaign to present to the glider community. We intend to draft a letter in the coming weeks to present ont he boards and various other glider related sites that anyone interested can print, sign, and mail to the USDA in hopes that receiving the same request from a large number of people will cause the USDA to make some necessary changes that we feel will help to stop the Mill Breeders as well.

That is great!! But I want to know how S.P.I.N and the Millbreeder Project and other groups can work together. Im not saying combined the two I am saying work together. On the front page of the Mill Breeder Project it says
Quote:
We are working closely with the Center for Disease Control to provide enough documentation from veterinarians who have treated Sugar Gliders shortly after purchasing from one of the mill breeders.

Currently we are gathering veterinary documentation outlining the health condition of gliders sold by a mill breeder or its vendors
Great, they are working to get info from people who have already purchased gliders from mill breeders. Your site wants to educate enough so people wont buy from mill breeders. Why not work together? Both have the same goals and each can and are working on somewhat different things. 15 groups working independently is nowhere near resourceful than even 5 groups working together.

Please don't take this as a negative comment towards you or S.P.I.N it a general comment to all not at you. I don't want to hear "that is why this group was started". I want to know how they can work together and how others can help. Hearing statements like "that is why this group was started" is basically the same as the hundreds if not thousands of posts people make saying I am a victim of a mill breeder and want to stop them, and do nothing.

Your working with the USDA and the millbreeder project is working with the CDC! Imagine what the outcome could and will be if the groups would work together!!!!!

Actually, Eddie, we DO work with The mill breeder Project! The founders of S.P.I.N. are both on "staff" at The M.B.P.! We coordinate many of our efforst whenever possible and work together to get glider education done in more areas than just the 2 founders of S.P.I.N. would ever be able to reach alone! smile

Last edited by LabNGliderMom; 10/25/09 08:47 AM.

Julie
Hubby: George
Kids: Ayla & Michael
Grandsons: Trysten, Dayton, KJ & Nathyn
The Zoo: Midnight, Severe & Nala - Claude, Pixie, Tippy & Chili - Scout & Soluna, Theo & Deegie

http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: LabNGliderMom] #857169
10/25/09 10:11 AM
10/25/09 10:11 AM
Mims, Florida, USA
hushpuppy Offline
Glider Slave
hushpuppy  Offline
Glider Slave

Mims, Florida, USA
The mill breeder Project is an everyone and anyone who wants to help project - no politics. But the organization needs people. It need those who have been damaged by Mill to file the reports. Don't get me wrong, it is great when a person makes that "they are in my area" post. But we need documentation. And we need people that are willing to know the laws of their own city, county, and state. And those of you who own forums have been so great to support all the efforts that have gone on against the mill breeders. We need eveyone to roll up their sleeves and work together. Everyone who claims to love gliders should be contacting Linda with a "What can I do" attitude.

Then we need to get organized and get in these peoples face. We have noticed that Perfect Pocket Pets is more and more dealing in the malls instead of home shows and expos. I personally think that is because of the efforts of the various organizations. Perfect Pocket Pets realized that we could easily track them at the shows and be ready for them. The laws are different in the malls because that is private property. So we need to reorganize and attack differently when they are in the malls.

We need everyone to come together in this!

Anita Rae
StealthWheels, MagnumWheels and more at Atticworx

Play with us on Facebook

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: Dancing] #857175
10/25/09 10:18 AM
10/25/09 10:18 AM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
Originally Posted By: Dancing
OH!!!! Found this out about the KC Pet Expo!

Quote:
Non-profit, incorporated Rescue Groups or Breed Clubs
10’ X 10’ exhibit space No charge*
10’ X 20’ exhibit space No charge*

SOOOOOOOOO IF TGI will sponser us (I am a member I think) then there will be NO CHARGE FOR THE BOOTH! That means just our time and displays!

Teresa - If you can get the information, website etc. to me I will get working on this on TGI's behalf - just let me know if you have enough volunteers to "man the booth".

At these type of events, we have a Booth-in-a-Box that we can send out. It has our banner, paperwork, etc., so we have the display for you. We just need the people to help out!

I hope that SPIN and the mill breeder Project can also help out with flyers/information/volunteers. Put all of us together and WE can't be stopped!

Shelly

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: GliderNursery] #857188
10/25/09 10:46 AM
10/25/09 10:46 AM

L
lovely1inred
Unregistered
lovely1inred
Unregistered
L

I imagine that the paperwork vet-wise hasn't been forthcoming because after shelling out $300 plus for a sick/too young joey, many of the buyers just don't have the money to take their Perfect Pocket Pets joey to a vet, even if they want to and know where to find one. Also, a new owner is not acquainted with normal glider behavior and may not notice the warning signs for giardia or other common bacterial or parasite illnesses. I'm fairly certain both my gliders came from a mill somewhere, but the most tracking I'm able to do is know my female came from a petstore in Lewisville, Texas. After that, nobody knows or they won't say. And the boy I get even less info on.

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: ] #857196
10/25/09 11:07 AM
10/25/09 11:07 AM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Joe said even though he "hates gliders" (lier) he will work the booth with me at the KC Expo. Cescha has offered too and I believe we can get more to help the KC Expo. If not, Joe and I will work it alone if we have to. So if TGI gets it set up on their end, the booth WILL be manned for the show.

620-704-9109

Re: Mill breeders Are you part of solution or the prob [Re: ] #857226
10/25/09 12:25 PM
10/25/09 12:25 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
Originally Posted By: minkasmom
My my my....so many people to reply to!

Let's start with Eddie: PLEASE DO TALK LIKE THIS MORE OFTEN, bring it on sweetie!!! What you're saying is so TRUE and makes SO MUCH SENSE! thumb

You asked for it, don't say you werent warned tounge
Originally Posted By: ShyRascal
A few months back I contacted just a few (by no means not all,) people that are well known in the glider community and I wanted to contact more, about getting all these groups together at one gathering. I am a firm believer that if people work together for a common goal anything can be accomplished.

But if you have 5 different groups trying to do the same thing but in different ways, I find it takes even longer to get things accomplished. The few people I did speak with said they would be interested in having a gathering and brainstorming TOGETHER about how best to proceed in trying to stop these groups period. What was really amazing was the one post I did make publicly. People were pm'ing me to say they wanted to help get this gathering going and to just let them know what they could do. Tell them when and where and they would be there.

I SO want to be involved in this. But where do I start? With S.P.I.N., or TGI, or The mill breeder Project, or......should I keep going?

What I would like to see is this.........TGI, SPIN, The mill breeder Project, GC, LGG, SESG, some of the hobby breeders, ALL of the larger breeders, and the ones I can't even think of right now because I'm just too tired, lol, to gather together and stomp out the ones who only see these animals as a dollar sign.

Once before I opened up my home, my heart, my mind and even my city to host this gathering. Tell me you want this and I will work my butt off to make it happen.

Some of what your saying here I have planned to talk about in a future post wink

I will also ask, if it can be please lets use this post to discuss how everyone, even people who have not purchased from a mill breeder can help and not use the pm system. This way others down the line can read how they can help too!!!

Last edited by gliderdad79; 10/25/09 12:27 PM.

Eddie

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 324 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,574 TEXAS
679,076 OHIO
487,156 OKLAHOMA
432,160 UTAH
321,683 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024