Feather
Wisconsin
Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/17/24 12:00 AM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ANOTHER vet appointment... #882382
12/15/09 04:05 AM
12/15/09 04:05 AM
NY
WintersSong Offline OP
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline OP
Glider Slave

NY
Yeah...
If you saw my post about cold paws, you know that my gliders went to the vet on the 14th, at 3pm to see what the bubbly sound was. Everything was on the up and up then.

Well, this just shows you what a matter of HOURS can do.. and how one minute a glider might look a-ok, and the next, not so much...

Got 'em home, put 'em in their cage, they curled up in the pouch for a nap. My male was acting off, but I figured okay, he's stressed. So around..11..11:30-ish.. I went to check the gliders. Girls hopping all over, boys curled up, and appeared to be having trouble walking. I watched him a little more closely, and...uh oh, he's dragging his left hind leg. I mean, he'll sort of limp on it occasionally, but it's obvious that there is a problem.

So, I call up the vet. She tells me try to get some food in him, separate him into a smaller cage, away from his buddy. Her concern was that his buddy (who is smaller than him) might be stopping him from eating. She mentioned that it was likely that he got caught on something, and advised me to try hand feeding him and get him in first thing in the AM. She was too far away at the moment to come in.

Well, me being me...I was a wreck. I called the local e-vet in tears. So much so that the lady over the phone could hardly understand me. I think that this worked to my benefit though, as the vet there (who mainly worked on cats & dogs) decided that he would help me. He did research while I was on the way, and consulted with one of the vets off of the list on here via telephone (which, slips my mind).

When I got there, he noted that my boy weighed 60 grams, which is 2 grams up from when he was weighed on the 1st. And that he is very active (in the sense that he did a bit of a race around the room trying to get away from the vet -- he's only hand tame when he wants to be) and alert.

On my paper from him he wrote: "mild paresis of left pelvic limb with a moderately flaccid left hind paw. Able to advance the left hind leg but not as readily as the right hind and he is not able to grasp with the left hind paw. No palpable spinal alignment deviation is detected."

He suspects that it might be either
1. a possible spinal injury on one side
2. sprained left hind leg without spinal injury
or
3. the beginning stages of HLP, despite what he agreed was a very balanced diet (BML -- but, it is touch to know which glider is eating what exactly)

He gave him various meds that the vet that he consulted with approved of doing.

Recommended giving small amounts of fruit baby foods, yogurt, chicken baby food and honey over the next few hours until he's eating.. I've given him some honey, which he had a little of. He doesn't seem too interested in eating other things at the moment.

And, of course, to call my exotic vet in the morning. I am planning to just take him in.. My exotic vet has already given me permission to drop him off first thing in the morning -- though I probably won't get him back until 5 or 6pm upset

I'm keeping close watch on him, but he's not really doing much. He's alert though -- crabs anytime I make a sound.

A few questions..
What else do you think this could be???? Are his guesses appropriate??? And if it IS the beginnings of HLP, can he be saved??? If it's a spinal injury, can he be healed???

And, praying that he makes a full recovery, how long can he be away from his mate but still be put right back in the cage? Like, I say I have to keep him out of the cage with her for a week.. would I be able to put him right back in after or would I need to do the intro period?

ETA: Went to check him.. He is awake. When he crawls on the ceiling of the cage, he is letting his left hind leg just sort of.... hang loose. He only holds on with his other 3 paws. He did take a big long drink of water though, on his own. And, he ate a bit of a plain yogurt drop. I know, plain yogurt drops were not on the vets list of things to feed, but my exotic vet recommended just trying to get him to eat SOMETHING to keep his blood sugar up. I put the plain yogurt drop on a hanging toy, he climbed up and got it, eating most.

I have the BML in there, so hopefully he will start to eat that soon.

Last edited by KattyM; 12/15/09 01:37 PM. Reason: Removed specific med dosages

~*Sara*~

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Anais Nin
Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: WintersSong] #882416
12/15/09 08:16 AM
12/15/09 08:16 AM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Poor baby I will keep him in my prayers. I am glad that the vet you saw did some homework before you got there.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: Feather] #882421
12/15/09 08:30 AM
12/15/09 08:30 AM
NY
WintersSong Offline OP
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline OP
Glider Slave

NY
Yes, I was too. They told me to wait a few moments for him to call me back before bringing him in, just so he could try and familiarize himself to see if he could handle the case. He called back within 10 minutes and seemed very knowledgeable, and he's definitely willing to learn. He gave me the option of waiting to see Dr. Lucas tomorrow or getting him in for an e-visit that night.

..I must've sounded like a 2 year old on the phone. I just mumbled, "please help him? Please?" To which, he of course said yes. I was thrilled -- most e-vets around here won't even try.

~*Sara*~

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Anais Nin
Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: WintersSong] #882423
12/15/09 08:47 AM
12/15/09 08:47 AM
NJ
pbear3s Offline
Glider Slave
pbear3s  Offline
Glider Slave

NJ
Glad he did research. I'll keep you and your little guy in my thoughts and prayers. hug2

Dale
Mom of 3 great boys.
Dog: Kobi 7
Dog: Shady 7
Sugar Gliders: Sally :bb: Jack :bb: Dakota :wfb:

:rbridge: Glide free Razzle :bb: and Kiwi :wfb:

Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: pbear3s] #882434
12/15/09 09:42 AM
12/15/09 09:42 AM
Texas
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict
Jackie_Chans_Mom  Offline
Glider Addict

Texas
I would say these possible diagnosis are good.

I have extensive experience with fractures/injuries to the legs, to the spine (resulting in paralysis) and with HLP.

When you go to your vet, make SURE you get x-rays. You will not be able to make an accurate diagnosis without x-rays. If the x-rays are clear, make SURE you get fecals re-tested and a UA. Sudden onset HLP usually affects BOTH legs, so it is most likely that you are looking at an injury. But, if not, sudden onset HLP is usually the result of a bacterial or parasitic infection.

The care you give after the vet visit will be very crucial. I'm happy to lend some advice from my experiences.

I'm sending you a PM with a link to some more information.

Please call me to discuss this further. My number is in my signature. My cell number will be in the PM.

~~ Val B ~~ 806-803-0318
Daily giving the abused, unloved, unwanted and neglected SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR SUGAR GROUP SURVEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #882450
12/15/09 10:45 AM
12/15/09 10:45 AM

C
CalamityAnnie
Unregistered
CalamityAnnie
Unregistered
C

Wow! What cruddy luck!!
It's weird that you were worried about the bubbling in the girl that turned out to be nothing and then immeadiatly get socked with a foot problem in the boy which is obviously SOMEthing. shakehead
I don't know much about much but I would agree with Val that it seems more like an injury and not HLP. I am always worried when I watch my girls flinging themselves around the cage that one of them is going to hurt a foot or hand. They jump with such force on those cage bars and their feet are sooo tiny, all they have to do is slip a little....
Does the foot or leg look puffy??
I would get the x-rays done but just hope that it is a bruised foot or small sprain.

Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: ] #882465
12/15/09 12:06 PM
12/15/09 12:06 PM
NY
WintersSong Offline OP
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline OP
Glider Slave

NY
The injury is a very, very bad fracture. As in, extremely. And in a bad spot. vet says it's going to be veryyyy hard to treat, and that treating fractures like this rarely work. frown

~*Sara*~

Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: WintersSong] #882500
12/15/09 01:35 PM
12/15/09 01:35 PM
Garland, TX
Mel2mdl Offline
Glider Addict
Mel2mdl  Offline
Glider Addict

Garland, TX
Can they amputate? Would that be more successful?

Molly, son & husband:

Chairman Meow
Oscar & Thomas
Sam, Diego, Delilah, Delia :wfb:
Nevada, Noel
Marcel, Dakota, Latte
Dexter, Didi, Almond, Joy and Fitz
:grey:
Karl,Lenny,Jynxie,Chamille, Kee & Mr. Beans in my heart forever.
Teaching teenagers-part joy, part guerilla warfare! :rbridge:
Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: Mel2mdl] #882505
12/15/09 01:44 PM
12/15/09 01:44 PM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
My thoughts exactly.

Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: suggiemom1980] #882514
12/15/09 02:06 PM
12/15/09 02:06 PM
Phoenix, AZ
KattyM Offline
Serious Glideritis
KattyM  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Phoenix, AZ
Wow, you've found a gem of a vet who was willing to learn and consult with other vets to assist in your time of need. It's heartwarming to see that dedication is still out there. heart

The key is to of course get to the cause of the problem, but it does seem like there may be options to keep your little boy alive and healthy. If it turns out to be the best option, there are gliders who have amputated hands, feet, arms, legs, and it's amazing how they adapt. hug2

In addition to keeping him in a smaller age, you should maybe pad the bottom of it with fleece so that if he should lose his grip, he'll have a softer landing. If you keep the cages close together, I don't think you'll need to worry about going through the introductions again. You can still swap pouches periodically as well, so they get an even stronger whiff of one another's scents. Or, depending on the sizes of your cages, perhaps you can put one cage inside the other. If he has open wounds, you don't want to do this because you don't want his cage mate to groom the area.

The BML does have plenty of calcium in it. You'll be able to see how much he does eat on his own being in his own cage. You can also try hand feeding him the BML as a licky treat.

I don't know anything about spinal injuries, but if he is going to the bathroom fine, perhaps this is not the cause? Or maybe it's not as bad as it could be? dunno It sounds like your glider-knowledgeable vet is good, but don't forget there are other vets who will do phone consults with your vet, and collectively, they may be able to brainstorm something wonderful.

Sending prayers your way. hug2

Forever owned in my heart by my :grey: "Eight is Enough" colony:

:rbridge:
• 2002: Keiko (F) + 2003: Hiroshi (M) = 2004: joey Tomoki (M)
• 2009: Sammy (F), Charlie (F), Murray (M), Herbie (M)
• 2010: BJ (M)
Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: KattyM] #882519
12/15/09 02:19 PM
12/15/09 02:19 PM

S
SuggieSlave88
Unregistered
SuggieSlave88
Unregistered
S

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear about your little man. I say that if fixing the broken leg will be to risky and/or stressful for your little guy, I would go with amputation. I have a friend you has a glider with an arm removed up to the shoulder blade and he does just fine. And your little guy has his cagemate so no worries about grooming with him missing one of his combed back feet. I hope your glider heals up well! Sending many prayer to you and your glider boy. hug2

Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: ] #882563
12/15/09 03:27 PM
12/15/09 03:27 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
When my little girl Spryte broke her leg, I took her to Dr. Teresa Bradley. Xrays were done and we discussed what to do. My first thought was it was going to have to be amputated (back leg) but Dr. Bradley suggested if I was willing to let her try to pin the leg first. She said that if she amputates it first and something goes wrong, there wouldn't be much more she could do but if she pinned it and it didn't work, we still had the option to amputate. We decided on pinning it. And it was successful. Spryte got to keep her let and truthfully, within 24 hours I had a hard time keeping that girl still. 48 hours after she was all over her cage like nothing had happened.

Pinning the leg IS possible though has not been done but a few times.

Dr. Bradley will consult with your vet also.

Just explore all options before making a decision.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: Dancing] #882662
12/15/09 06:28 PM
12/15/09 06:28 PM
NY
WintersSong Offline OP
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline OP
Glider Slave

NY
Due to the location of the fracture -- strongest part of his body, says the vet, she doesn't think amputating it would do any good. She thinks it would be putting him through more than he can take.

~*Sara*~

Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: WintersSong] #882665
12/15/09 06:33 PM
12/15/09 06:33 PM
NJ
pbear3s Offline
Glider Slave
pbear3s  Offline
Glider Slave

NJ
Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this. hug2

Dale
Mom of 3 great boys.
Dog: Kobi 7
Dog: Shady 7
Sugar Gliders: Sally :bb: Jack :bb: Dakota :wfb:

:rbridge: Glide free Razzle :bb: and Kiwi :wfb:

Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: pbear3s] #882672
12/15/09 06:51 PM
12/15/09 06:51 PM
Texas
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict
Jackie_Chans_Mom  Offline
Glider Addict

Texas
PLEASE call me. I have worked with gliders with multiple severe fractures in multiple legs at one time. The leg CAN be spared and regain functional use. PLEASE give me a call.... I just don't have time to write it all out for you.

~~ Val B ~~ 806-803-0318
Daily giving the abused, unloved, unwanted and neglected SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR SUGAR GROUP SURVEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #882763
12/15/09 08:53 PM
12/15/09 08:53 PM
NY
WintersSong Offline OP
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline OP
Glider Slave

NY
Val, I'll try to give you a call tonight. I'll PM you my number if I am unable to. I'm going to try and get him settled in as he just got back.

He's in an e-collar, which the vet is suggesting to leave on until he goes for a follow up appointment, unless he manages to wiggle his way out (in which case, I'm supposed to call her). She splinted the leg. He's not a happy little guy by any means.... She did manage to get some foods into him though, and has given him various medications for the pain, and to fight against possible infection. She did say that it went better than she thought, and that he takes his meds well. I will be giving him meds 2 times a day for at least a week.

Unless things get worse, he is into the vet again on the 22nd at 9am.

The vets main concern is that he will self-mutilate, tear the bandage off, or that the bone will go through the skin. She is still really stressing that she has not seen this work often, but today went better than she had expected (we're nowhere near out of the woods yet though).

If all goes well, she is expecting to see at least some signs of healing at the next visit, though I guess it could take at least 2 weeks to see signs of healing.

She is wanting him to be separated from my other glider in a small cat carrier, as this will limit his ability to climb. I have put in a toy ball that he likes to push around (vet approved it -- thank you chattrbabe for sending the ball. He really does love it), a lot of little fleece blankies, and a pouch laying on the floor of the carrier (vet approved). She says that, if it heals, she is expecting 2 to 4 weeks (depending on the healing) before he can be placed back with the other one, which brings up concerns for both she and I about how the gliders will react to each other when placed back together.

I am still quite terrified that nothing will work.. but I guess one step at a time.

~*Sara*~

Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: WintersSong] #882774
12/15/09 09:01 PM
12/15/09 09:01 PM
Sedona, AZ
ozzi Offline
Glider Addict
ozzi  Offline
Glider Addict

Sedona, AZ
What about supervised supervision with another glider. I had to do that for over a year with my guys. I would put them both in my shirt as many hours in the day as I could when they would at least sleep together and I could feel every move they made.
Also, you have to BREATH about this. Animals can sense stress and you do not want to stress him out anymore that he might be already. Just love on the boy, radiate your love and peace towards him angel
I hope he heals up nicely and you can put this behind you. Believe me I know, things happen with our little ones....

Pat
You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.....Unknown

Rest in Peace our little sweet friends that have crossed over the "Rainbow Bridge".
I miss you gangel Boo-Boo, Lucy, BJ, and Fivel gangel
Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: ozzi] #882805
12/15/09 09:28 PM
12/15/09 09:28 PM

C
CalamityAnnie
Unregistered
CalamityAnnie
Unregistered
C

I am so sorry this is happening to you guys!!
I will be wishing and hoping and praying every day for your little guy!!

Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: ] #882825
12/15/09 09:52 PM
12/15/09 09:52 PM
Phoenix, AZ
KattyM Offline
Serious Glideritis
KattyM  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Phoenix, AZ
Even in his own little cage, he can still be right next to the other cage and you can still swap pouches, yes? That will help as they can still smell and hear and see one another.

I presume your cat carrier also has 1/2" bar spacing or openings? If not, you'll need a different arrangement.

Sending prayers your way for his speedy recovery. hug2

Forever owned in my heart by my :grey: "Eight is Enough" colony:

:rbridge:
• 2002: Keiko (F) + 2003: Hiroshi (M) = 2004: joey Tomoki (M)
• 2009: Sammy (F), Charlie (F), Murray (M), Herbie (M)
• 2010: BJ (M)
Re: ANOTHER vet appointment... [Re: KattyM] #882829
12/15/09 09:57 PM
12/15/09 09:57 PM
NY
WintersSong Offline OP
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline OP
Glider Slave

NY
Katty, the spacing on the front of it is a little more than an inch, but it has cross bars. I do not think he will be able to get loose with the cross bars, and his e-collar on.

ETA: I have spoken with Val and have received some good advice. I have plans of remaining in contact with her, as well as with my vet.

Last edited by WintersSong; 12/16/09 07:49 AM.

~*Sara*~

How am I going to get meds into him when he won't #882949
12/16/09 05:37 AM
12/16/09 05:37 AM
NY
WintersSong Offline OP
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline OP
Glider Slave

NY
eat?? And when I can't really hold him, due to his injury??? I am afraid to handle him with his leg being fractured.

I was told to try Hawaiian Delight or yogurt, but he won't eat a thing --- not even his favorite treat -- honey.

I NEED to get meds into him, of course, but how in the world am I supposed to do this? I have seen Suz' page on how to do this, but like I said, holding him is tough.

If you have any tips, please share.

~*Sara*~

Re: How am I going to get meds into him when he won't [Re: WintersSong] #882951
12/16/09 05:52 AM
12/16/09 05:52 AM
NY
WintersSong Offline OP
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline OP
Glider Slave

NY
Okay, since 13 minutes ago, I got some of the baby food turkey out and put his pain meds in that. He ate about half of it... will try more in a few moments. I am going to pick up some varieties of baby food today. Any recommendations that gliders usually love??

~*Sara*~

Re: How am I going to get meds into him when he won't [Re: WintersSong] #882954
12/16/09 06:07 AM
12/16/09 06:07 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
I am sorry you are having such problems getting the meds into him. any of the fruit baby food should be good. mine will eat almost anything I give them so I cant help there. I sent ya a PM earlier. At this point I would be willing to try almost anything to get the meds into him. Try the natural maple syrup if he wont take honey, or even agave nectar, you might also try those naked juices, they are typically pretty yummy. sometimes something different MAY spark an interest. I know corn is a no no because of the horible ratio but if he REALLY likes corn I would take a piece of corn, use a toothpick and scoop out some of the inside kernal, put the meds into the piece of corn and see if you can get him to take it that way. worth a try and one piece of corn wont hurt him. at this point like I said I would feed them almost anything.

Did I send ya a cookie sample? if I did try soaking the meds into one of those if he likes it, if didnt...PM me and I will send ya one asap to try.

still praying for you...

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: How am I going to get meds into him when he won't [Re: JillMarie] #882955
12/16/09 06:15 AM
12/16/09 06:15 AM
NY
WintersSong Offline OP
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline OP
Glider Slave

NY
I will send you a PM, Jill.

Have you (or anyone else) have any ideas on how to clean him up? Would just an unscented babywipe work? He decided to take a roll in his BML and is covered in it. He's an e-collar, and..flexible as it is, he just can't clean himself.

~*Sara*~

Re: How am I going to get meds into him when he won't [Re: WintersSong] #882960
12/16/09 07:04 AM
12/16/09 07:04 AM
NY
WintersSong Offline OP
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline OP
Glider Slave

NY
Another question: If I can get him to find a food that he'll eat at any time, is it acceptable to put all three medications in at once?

Val, should you read this, I'll be sending you a PM on this, but I won't be at home today. I will be leaving my healthy glider in my mothers care, and taking little boy with me. I am going to buy some Hawaiin delight as you suggested last night, and see how that goes.

Last edited by WintersSong; 12/16/09 08:02 AM.

~*Sara*~

Re: How am I going to get meds into him when he won't [Re: WintersSong] #882968
12/16/09 08:10 AM
12/16/09 08:10 AM

K
KerryB
Unregistered
KerryB
Unregistered
K

I've been giving Spaz meds for the past week and he won't take it in any food. He smells it in the food and then won't touch it.

I've been doing the technique as listed on Suz's page where really the only real pressure put on him is on the sides of his head. He has an injury on his shoulder as well as the mutilation after the neuter.

My husband and I give him the medicine and we got it down to only having to hold him for about 5 seconds.

I also use the no water needed soap for sensitive skin. I want to say it's Lubriderm but I'm not real sure. This cleans him up fairly well when he takes spills through his food. He can't reach the area, so I'm not too worried about him ingesting any.

Mixing the meds I wouldn't think is a problem if you can give it to him all at the same time allbeit in separate syringes. If it can be mixed in his belly why not out?

Good luck. I understand the frustration with giving meds. We tried so many different things without look.

Take Care,

Re: How am I going to get meds into him when he won't [Re: ] #882980
12/16/09 08:42 AM
12/16/09 08:42 AM

L
lovely1inred
Unregistered
lovely1inred
Unregistered
L

I would try to hold him when you aren't giving meds to him so you can get used to holding him in that position. If his leg is fractured I imagine he isn't using that leg to struggle, so you don't need to touch it at all it's just a matter of figuring out how to keep a large human hand around a little glider for a few moments. I know that sounds so easy to say but is different in practice!

For washing him up I'd use a warm damp cloth - not soaked, but just damp enough to get the icky off him. Then keep him in a dry pouch to warm up and make sure he doesn't get chilled.

Keep your head up you are doing a fantastic job in a difficult situation!

Re: How am I going to get meds into him when he won't [Re: ] #882985
12/16/09 08:54 AM
12/16/09 08:54 AM
Bristol, Va
MissSarah Offline
Glider Addict
MissSarah  Offline
Glider Addict

Bristol, Va
I get meds in my little Dexter by mixing it with a little bite of banana flavored pudding. He hasn't turned it down yet.

Proud Mom to Princess Pim The Insane. heart(and several other babies, skin and fur.)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. Gliders have indentured servants.

:rbridge: Dexter. You left blueberry stains on my wall and pawprints on my heart. I love you Decker-Boy. heart
Full Moon Gliders
(Under Construction)

Re: How am I going to get meds into him when he won't [Re: MissSarah] #882994
12/16/09 09:52 AM
12/16/09 09:52 AM
NY
WintersSong Offline OP
Glider Slave
WintersSong  Offline OP
Glider Slave

NY
Tried the Hawaiin Delight baby food -- no luck. I picked up a bunch of other baby foods so I will try those later. Hopefully one will work. He just won't eat a thing.

My worry is that he'll continue to not eat, and to spit out everything he's forcefed. Obviously without eating, his leg can't heal (among many other things.)

Last edited by WintersSong; 12/16/09 09:54 AM.

~*Sara*~

Re: How am I going to get meds into him when he won't [Re: WintersSong] #882998
12/16/09 10:37 AM
12/16/09 10:37 AM

C
CalamityAnnie
Unregistered
CalamityAnnie
Unregistered
C

How about scrambled eggs??

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 150 guests, and 97 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,373
Posts159,151
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,404 TEXAS
678,936 OHIO
487,004 OKLAHOMA
431,993 UTAH
321,560 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024